Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Indian Night Jasmine The Body Shop for women

Indian Night Jasmine The Body Shop for women
dislike

ozonic
Indian Night Jasmine The Body Shop for women Pictures Indian Night Jasmine The Body Shop for women Pictures

The house of The Body Shop has presented in 2012 its new collection called Scents of The World, which includes 5 EDTs composed of 100% organic alcohol and natural extracts collected from various parts of the world. Indian Night Jasmine offers a bit of elegance and a good dose of comfort described with notes of sandalwood, violet leaves, orange blossom and jasmine.

The fragrances are available as 50ml EDT in glass flacons, accompanied by perfumed body care collection (100ml fragrance mist, 200ml body lotion, 200ml shower gel, 15ml perfume oil). The perfumes hit the shelves in August 2012.

Jasmine Orange Blossom Violet Leaf Sandalwood

Hanae Mori N06

Indian Night Jasmine Fragrance Reviews

divyaR
divyaR

Jasmine is probably one of my favorite scents in the world and this one is a lovely creamy rich heady jasmine that i love. I tried out every scent in the body shop over the course of 3 weeks and this is the one i settled on. Whenever i go to sniff my writs i always inhale deeper than i intend to because i can't help myself.
Although it's not listed i would peg this as a definite monsoon scent. It smells amazing in warm humid rainy weather.
I have an Indian night jasmine plant in my garden and I wouldn't say this smells exactly like it but it's pretty close and the sandalwood rounds it off and deepens it very well. If a balmy Indian night had a smell, this would be it.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

I have the Voyage Collection Luxury Gift Set with the perfume, the body lotion and shower gel. That's what you want to get. Forget the jasmine atom bomb that is Alien by Thierry Mugler. I thought that was too strong and icky! This is really the perfect jasmine fragrance. I put this on at night because after all it's Indian NIGHT jasmine. I have worn this on dates. Right before I head out, fully dressed and my hair fragrant with the gel and another jasmine scented shampoo, I put on this perfume. A light touch is needed because this is also pretty strong, but far sweeter and more feminine than the musky masculine jasmine that is Alien. This is an after shower scent of night blooming jasmine. The jasmine fragrance just like rose, in perfumery, is transformative and has the power to adopt different qualities: indolic or "dirty", strong, masculine, unisex, or delicate, sweet and very beautifully feminine. This one is more on the feminine side although it's rather mature/strong. It smells absolutely amazing. I've smelled actual night blooming jasmine flowers so I know that this scent does a fine job of recreating the night blooming jasmine. However it's actually even prettier because it's got the touches of violet leaf and that sandalwood. This is an Oriental fragrance, the best to come out in recent years. I thought this was so romantic so lovely. I was able to charm the man that smelled this perfume on me. And that man asked me to marry him and to grow old with him.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

this is very nice to use straight after the shower!that's how i use it at least

Alisa90
Alisa90

This perfume really smells expensive even though it costs only €22.50! I love it!

Wheaters
Wheaters

What Gigi The Fashionista said, with some sparkling dew in the drydown. I love this. :)

Edited to add: it's kind of a dirty jasmine. I didn't really know what that meant until this perfume.

Edited again: my bottle does not look like the new squat one. I have the tall narrow elegant bottle. I don't know if the new bottle indicates a reformulation.

Miss_Vanity
Miss_Vanity

Like most of The Body Shop's fragrances, the main problems are poor longevity and silage. Otherwise, it's a very beautiful and well made perfume. It feels very powdery on my skin and I like using it all year round.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Looking for a good modern Oriental look no further than Indian Night Jasmine by The Body Shop. Of course the night blooming jasmine is the star. But it also has other scents that transport you to a night in Mumbai or Bangalore India, under a starry sky and overlooking the bright lights of the cities. You're under a tree (the sandalwood note) where two young lovers are kissing. Not far is a Hindu temple devoted to Krishna and his eternal lover Radha. This is my favorite Oriental right now. Forget Shalimar. The simplicity and innocence of this fragrance turns out to be more complex. The orange blossom but particularly the violet makes this fragrance even more rich in it's aroma. There is also something strangely unisex about it. It's luxurious even though it's affordable. It's strong but only if you spray too much. The Eau de Toilette lasts a very long time, all day. However I see this as an evening perfume. It's classy and really attracts attention. There is also a separate oil which smells just like this fragrance. Check this out. If you love Oriental jasmine perfumes this is for you.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

This one was too masculine for me. The opening is a little too woodsy for me, and the jasmine is too little, too late. It's not a bad perfume, but if you're expecting a more linear jasmine like I was (Body Shop is great at linear), you will be disappointed.

fyrewoman
fyrewoman

To me,i smell a lot of amber and some benzoin which isn't listed. I have the newly designed bottle. Apart from that it is very sweet and powdery too. I find it would be great for fall & winter.

Jan. 14, 2016 Update:
Ok,now this smells like a light version of Alien in the drydown. Especially the cool jasmine. It is as if everything else i seemed to detect in the beginning are top notes.
I too,am used to Body Shop being generally linear with their fragrances. Hence why i didn't give it time to morph into a drydown the first time i sprayed this.
In the beginning, with the other top notes, the formula appears to be a somewhat large sillage. Which is odd for Body Shop except for their 90's creations being stronger.
When it settles into the sheer Alien scent, the projection is light-moderate. Doesn't last but 4 hours on me. I love this.

Gemini12
Gemini12

Opening it's a beautiful jasmine and as it dries down it becomes a musky sandalwood-jasmine scent that is soft and kind of sexy. I have the oil version of this and I like it much better than the spray which seemed harsher and almost spicier to my nose.

nvenus

If you have this and no longer want it, feel free to msg me :)

nvenus

Strong sandalwood combined with jasmine. It's a little masculine and that's what makes me like it even more. I just really enjoy sandalwood and combined with jasmine... I'm almost in love.

Shwets

The newer bell shaped bottle's juice smells better than the long rectangular one. Its more smoother.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Takes me back to the nineties with Yves Rocher Venice. This is nicer and more feminine though.

katemax
katemax

I only smelled this from the bottle in store but to me its very much like amariage to me which im not overkeen on so didn't spray it on myself

Purplegem
Purplegem

This is absolutely gorgeous. Quite sweet smelling as well as floral and sweeter than the discontinued neroli jasmin which is a slightly more orange smell but definitely not bitter orange. Unfortunately I had a strong reaction to this perfume and it made me cough a lot and tickly throat (neroli jasmin didnt). Its not overly floral and I wouldnt say it smells like a garden or field. Probably better for younger people...or my age or younger.

Someone I know doesn't think it smells particularly like jasmine. I think it does somewhat. Although classed as a night time perfume or at least has the word night in its night, its not a really deep, dark strong smell. I'd think of it as more of a daytime perfume.

It doesnt last very long and you will need to keep spraying it throughout the day if you want to smell it.

sofwar
sofwar

I bought this when I was living and studying in Pondycherry for three months totally randomly and is now half way through my second bottle. for me
This is India in a bottle. It reminds me of long concert nights in Bangalore, scooter riding and night markets in Goa, the soft evening wind on the promenade of Pondycherry and seeing the sunset from the Gurdwara Bangla Sahib in Delhi. This is me, India and summer all in one. It's kind of spicy on my skin, but floral and sweet. Love this scent almost as much as I love India and everytime I spray this on me back home in Norway all the memories are coming back

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

Closed to skin, light, subtle, sweet, everything I don’t like in a fragrance. It is not even flowery for my taste, it is a funny mixture which at times gets the olfactive shape of a cheap after shave. Have never been a fan of Body Shop and I doubt I will become one though this fragrance was a real attempt from my side to like the house. I’ll wear it at home… its all right. But even for 13 whatever Euros, I feel I waisted my money on a perfume oil which was not worth it a bit!

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Not sure about the perfume, but I have the body lotion- It's quite nice, very very sweet floral. Might trigger allergies though so wouldn't recommend for every day use. Got compliments while wearing this though. It's that sweet that I find it a tad cloying to wear.

jadeyjm5
jadeyjm5

i actually find this really sexy... the notes look simple but i smell more in it? something salty maybe? as well as sweet. its really romantic casual to me. its gentle and not harsh i find it beauitful in an innocent, sweet comforting mysterious way.

i'm not sure if theres vanilla or similar in it hidden somewhere its got a real sweet fluffy feel. i find it great for first dates as it smells sweet and soft and if you do a quick over with the body spray its sillage is fine. i get compliments wearing this all the time.

bramebelle
bramebelle

I bought this in the perfume-oil version after they discontinued the Neroli Jasmine. It's simple but very pleasant - a light, bright, summery scent. I briefly loved it very much, despite being quite short-lived (although I think best in the oil) and nowhere near enough sillage for my taste, but something has happened and I now find it too sweet.

luceluca
luceluca

I have a bit of love-hate relationship with The Body Shop's products. I like this one. Light, flowery, and sweet. Maybe a tad too sweet for me but overall it's ok for the price. The kind of scent you'll smell on someone else somewhere else. But since it's sweet and generally inoffensive, you'll wear it anyway. Won't be some sort of signature scent for sure but worth trying.

rdharmapuri
rdharmapuri

Very subtle linear fragrance. I love Indian Jasmine (the actual flower) and this scent presents a close resemblance. Light, airy and not offensive at all - good as a very casual fragrance. The lasting power is very poor though. Also stays close to the skin, so there's really no projection. It does no better than a light body mist on me - gone in an hour, tops!

marissaag1
marissaag1

There is something about the opening notes of this scent that smells very "Early-90s Drugstore Body Spray" to me. I can't place the exact reference, but it comes through on my skin almost immediately. Drydown is a pleasant, sexy musky, so I'm all for that.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

sweet powdery sxy jasmine, melds into the skin beautifully.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This is a beautiful Jasmine. It's warm, tiny bit spicy, woody, and you can never stop smelling yourself while wearing this. It's cheap, easy to get hold of, and it's seriously nice for the low price. It's nice for daywear or maybe a hot summers night.

Mnekb
Mnekb

Thank you The Body Shop for this beauty! It smells like hot Mediterranean breeze in summer nights. I can get the all notes as a whole not one by one. Jasmine is not dominant and it's like it is dancing with sandalwood. That makes the perfume much more deeper, velvety and creamy. If i have to classify this perfume, i would say 'sexy'. Luckily, the price is cheap unlike how it smells.

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

This was such a pleasant surprise! Tested for no reason whatsoever, out of sheer boredom, it turned out to be a candidate for my "want" list.
It's centered around a subtly sweet and velvety jasmine. Not heady at all, just tingling with a joyful, playful sensuality. Jasmine lovers will just sway over this one (I know I have). This is especially true if you love Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher and others as such.
It has a soft vanillic feel to it, reminiscent of Hypnotic Poison (think Hypnotic Poison in eau de cologne concentration), probably due to the sandalwood base.
A very natural scent, I must say, more of the "enhancing your own skin's scent" type.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

To me, this is like a dumbed-down version of Alien, or the baby sister of Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie. I wanted to love this, but it's just not meant to be. The floral and woody notes don't seem to be very well blended, almost as if they are fighting each other for the spotlight. Somehow this makes it seem very synthetic smelling. It's not unpleasant, just a little awkward. The longevity was pretty poor, maybe an hour or two before it became a skin scent.

clairele
clairele

This is a sickeningly sweet perfume! I did like at first smell, so much that I actually got the body splash. Now I have worn it three times at most and it is lying around at home. I can't wear this outside because it smells very teenage-y. would be perfect for 12-18 year olds who like a warm, flowery-sweet and slightly exotic fragrance.
The body splash version is, by the way, quite strong and has good longevity. I wouldn't spray this on several times for one wear.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I bought this today from The Body Shop after it aroused my interest when I smelled it in the bottle a few weeks ago. Like the other reviewer before me said, this is a well-blended perfume, but I can definitely pick out the sandalwood, jasmine, and orange blossom notes when I wear this. I'm very glad that I can't smell the violet leaf note because it usually stands out too much on me and ends up destroying my enjoyment of the fragrance that contains it. I think my natural body scent smells kind of like patchouli (which is why patchouli-based perfumes are my enemies!), so this comes out smelling very warm and slightly spicy on me.

I put this on about 5 hours ago, and it still smells actively fragrant. I would expect a pure perfume to last at least 7 hours, because they are supposed to be longer lasting anyway. The drydown of this perfume is really nice- it's equal parts exotic and fresh/clean. Sillage is moderate to heavy during the first 2 or 3 hours, and then becomes moderate afterwards. Indian Night Jasmine is the only Body Shop perfume oil I like from the ones that they have in stock right now. I find the rest of the oils quite bland and generic. I just wish that they'd release Moringa and Brazil Nut in perfume oil format- why won't you, Body Shop?!

Verdict: I love it!

Smunky
Smunky

I have to admit to being impressed, and a bit surprised, by the longevity of this on me. It's just a skin scent at this point, but at 7 hours plus since I first put it on (no lotion layered underneath either), I'm perfectly happy with that. This is a creamy, cozy, hard-to-nail-down-to-a-season scent. I actually don't find that any one note stands out apart from the others. They all meld together and complement one another beautfiully. I can't think of one thing I dislike about this scent - even the price is fabulous! Highly recommend.

ira.singhal
ira.singhal

I loved the perfume, it is a beautiful Jasmine. But the strangest thing is, it vanished on me after precisely 3 minutes! I don't get it! Usually perfumes last on me for days! In fact, I wore Victoria's Secret Angel one evening and could smell it for 2 days after that on me! I guess I will give it another chance. If it lasts on your skin, then I would completely recommend it. It smells heavenly, good for daily daytime wear. Its very mild and unobtrusive while being exotic at the same time.

Miriana93
Miriana93

It reminds me of a hot night dancing under the stars. I really like it but I would never wear it during the day in summer, maybe in winter I would. I sprayed the fragrance mist and the last power is very good. When I do buy it, I don't think I would buy the EDT since its too strong - I prefer the mist since it gives an oriental smell without being over-bearing. Quite an interesting floral sweet fragrance.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

This is a beautiful fragrance that really is jasmine. Some fragrances that say jasmine aren't really jasmine, they tend to have a lot of other scents mixed in.

This is jasmine, sandalwood, orange, and violet. I get the jasmine right off the bat and dries down to jasmine and sandalwood with a little violet. I don't detect the orange on myself.

It's a moderate silage and does trail a little. Nothing over the top though and it lasts for an average amount of time, about 5-6 hours. Very feminine.

Jacqui H
Jacqui H

I adored the original Neroli Jasmine and was miffed when they stopped producing it. I am wearing Indian Night Jasmine today I like it but it doesn't smell quite the same as the old Neroloi Jasmine. I have the edt, oil and shower gel. I am looking for another perfume but I must say, I always go back to this one.

Really night jasmine. Not comparable with Alien by Thierry Mugler, for example, but not bad for its price, especially comparing with several not very successful fragrances from this line in my point of view.

PaperDream
PaperDream

Absolutely gorgeous.It's gentle but will get your attention.9/10

youphoria
youphoria

This isn't neroli jasmine so it obviously won't smell like it! It's amazing though, with strong notes of sandalwood that scream the Mughal era. LOVE IT, and it also dries down to a creamy vanilla/jasmine musk :)

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I'm really disappointed with this scent. It doesn't smell bad but is a watered down version of the beautiful Neroli Jasmin. It's really unfortunate that The Body Shop replaced Neroli Jasmin with this diluted fragrance.

slobberchops
slobberchops

I have this,as well as the original neroli edt and oil,in this one I have it as an oil,its very similar to the original,,but,,its lighter,i prefer the oomph of the original oil,but this is ok for freshness and daily wear

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I didn't realise when I tested this that it has neroli in it, so I was quite surprised when what I expected to be a jasmine soliflore evolved into the old Neroli Jasmin scent - which I own and love.
For the most part this smells very much like Neroli Jasmin - still to me a neroli dominant, rich, strong floral. It's once you get to the dry down that you notice the difference. Whereas the original Neroli Jasmin had a wonderful vanilla and sandalwood base, this has violet leaf and sandalwood, which means that it kind of just drops off after a while rather than maintaining the richness and potency that Neroli Jasmin had.
Based on testing of the EDT and the perfume oil I would definitely recommend the perfume oil. The EDT is fine, except it has a strong alcohol opening which takes quite a few minutes to settle. Though why they discontinued Neroli Jasmin to bring out this near identical scent (Atlas Rose from this line also being very similar to Moroccan Rose) I don't know.

krisfuglsang
krisfuglsang

absolutely loved it! the original NJ is migraine inducing! please please do not discontinue this one TBS!

madgefan
madgefan

A lovely jasmine scent. Just the right amount of sweetness. An excellent summer perfume.

vanillary29
vanillary29

Indian Night Jasmine is beautiful! Coming from India, I was always intrigued by the name and so I decided to finally give it a try. Essentially, this isn't the most authentic Jasmine scent, the real flower smells quite different, but I cannot deny the fact that it smells absolutely gorgeous for what it is. It is a fresh, dewy and slightly green jasmine scent enhanced with sandalwood. To be honest, instead of the actual flower, it in fact reminds me of a Jasmine shrub with all the green and woodsy notes. I think it is amazing! And I would like to add that this review is for the perfume oil, I sampled both - the EDT and the perfume oil at the store, and the perfume oil definitely stood out. The EDT ended up smelling sharp and synthetic on my skin, but the perfume oil had a beautiful, lush softness to it which made it smell a lot more realistic :)

nuzzzzie
nuzzzzie

Absolutely adore this perfume. When I first smelt it I wasn't that impressed, but I tried it on my wrist while I went shopping and by the end of the day I regretted not buying it.

I don't usually like the smell of jasmine in a perfume, but this is very different to anything I have smelt before. It reminds me of a perfume my brother wears as it is slightly masculine when it's first on but after a while it sweetens and softens, and reminds me of being on holiday at sunset.

Beautiful perfume, would definitely recommend for the price!

Rating - 10/10
Summer/Fall, Day or Night

dragenpuff
dragenpuff

A simple white floral jasmine/orange blossom fragrance. After about two hours I still don't get any sandalwood. The sillage is weak, and the longevity isn't all that great; the perfume oil lasts for longer and has a more potent smell than the fragrance mist and the EdT.
A very wearable, soft scent, quite sweet. I would say you could apply a lot without it getting offensive or in your face. It's highly affordable, and one purchase leaves you with a generous amount of product. All in all a very nice, if generic fragrance.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

~*Review for the Eau de Toilette*~

Indian Night Jasmine is the fragrance I ended up liking the best from this line. It has pretty decent staying pattern 4 to 5 hours and it still lingers on the skin. I do like a little bit more of a sillage so I do end up respraying this in the middle of the day. Its quite simple jasmine and neroli, with a warm sandalwood base making it creamy. Overall I like it for the days where I do not really want to wear anything complicated, just a simpler white floral scent. Its quite affordable and easy to find. :]

Mirlo
Mirlo

I totally agree with the commenter who said that this perfume resembles JPG's Classique! That's why I liked it sooo much the first time I tried it.
Of course, "Classique" has more sillage, more longevity (this one doesn't last at all on my skin) and more notes than "Indian Night Jasmine". It's like a flat version of "Classique".

camarillo
camarillo

fall in love with this perfume... you must try^^

dina
dina

Get a hint of jasmine at the top notes but I'd say it's very herbal/leafy fragrance with top staying power but mediocre sillage.

omixochitl
omixochitl

Indian Night Jasmine must be just a reformulation of the "discontinued" Neroli Jasmin. The marketing department at The Body Shop probably decided to change the whole branding for the scent so it would fit into their new collection Scents of the World.

It is difficult for me to point out big differences between these two scents. Neroli Jasmin has been one of my favorite scents and I was quite sad it had been discontinued. But I am glad to know that I can replace it with Indian Night Jasmine, they really are that similar. If anything, maybe NJ was just a bit greener and fresh, while INJ seems just a tad sweeter.

My opinion of Indian Night Jasmine is the same as for Neroli Jasmin: it is a very feminine white floral, warm, a bit ambery, a bit woody: a true oriental floral, but never heady or overwhelming. I recommend it a lot to those who enjoy white florals. This perfume line is also very affordable.

I have the perfume oil which has moderate sillage and good longevity. But I have to apply it generously otherwise, it fades quickly.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

Indian night jasmine distinctly reminds me of JPG Classique, without the roses.

This is definitely a very sweet scent: the sandalwood is potent, there is none of the harshness sometimes associated with orange blossom, and the jasmine is a friendly one too - nothing like the carnal one in Lust by Lush.

All in all, this is a sweet, cozy, heady jasmine scent. I have the body spray, and the longevity is surprisingly good.

Hollie31
Hollie31

I tried a single spritz of this whilst shopping, and couldn't stop sniffing my wrists. Good lasting power. My mum didn't like it, but my boyfriend agreed with me that it was a pretty but sensual scent.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

The smell of this perfume resembles the smell of neroli jasmine...seriously..for those neroli jasmine loyal fans,you guys can try this one...

vikbielka
vikbielka

I liked it, it reminds me something familiar, but I don't know what :S

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

This drydown is very similar to the now discontinued Neroli Jasmine (I sampled the oil)- I liked this to begin with, but it has a note which annoys me after a while - I had the same experience with Neroli Jasmine. Smells good on your clothes though. Anyhow, I won`t be buying, but lovers of the aforementioned Neroli scent should be happy enough with this......

lilou
lilou

I didn't like it : weird but too strong to me.

Shwets

Both the edt and perfume oil are similar. The scent reminds me of a lighter and weaker version of Jasmine Neroli. It is certainly more wearable than Jasmine Neroli but Indian Night Jasmine definately doesnt smell as the name says.

Update: In UK the Jasmine Neroli has been replaced with this range.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

what do you mean neroli jasmin is being discontinued? nooo! it's probably their best smell.. is tbs going mad??

KEW
KEW

I loved the recently discontinued Neroli Jasmin but it had no lasting power so was hoping that this new version would smell similar and last longer. I tried the perfume oil version and was hugely dispointed. I can't really comment on whether it smelt like the old Neroli Jasmin as it was so incredibly weak! I could hardly smell anything!

Indian Night Jasmine by The Body Shop 3.91 out of 5 based on 322 ratings and 61 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Indian Night Jasmine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about The Body Shop Indian Night Jasmine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Indian Night Jasmine by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Indian Night Jasmine by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.