Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Juba Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women

Juba Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women
dislike

Juba Perfume Oil by The Body Shop is a Oriental fragrance for women. Top notes are freesia, orange, black currant and peach; middle notes are rose, lily-of-the-valley, jasmine and orange blossom; base notes are vetiver, sandalwood and musk.

Freesia Orange Black Currant Peach

Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Jasmine Orange Blossom

Vetiver Sandalwood Musk

Sun Java for Women
Calyx

Juba Perfume Oil Fragrance Reviews

@jenniferlincoln
@jenniferlincoln

I used to work for the Body Shop while in college and this was my fragrance of choice when I was working. It's the poor man's Calyx which is the fragrance I wear now. It was a wonderful fresh fragrance that made you smile when you wore it. L'Oreal is insane for discontinuing it.

evesoho
evesoho

This is what my mom wore when her signature Amarige by Givenchy was too formal for the occasion. She wouldn't wear Joba daily, but she would wear it out for dinners (Amarige doesn't suit dinner parties - too loud - whew!).

It was such a sensual scent, that it really affected my perception of my mom. I saw her as youthful and free when she wore it, someone who was more of a friend than a mother.

I wish I had some now, to smell, for sentimental reasons. I'm a fan of The Body Shop, I've used nearly all the perfume oils at one time or another, plus the newer Love ETC and White Musk Libertine - but Joba is by far the nicest. If a major fashion house like Lanvin had somehow packaged the scent it would have been a hit with serious perfume lovers, I believe!

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

I absolutely love this perfume, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a bottle through a swap. The smell is a little hard to describe but I can definatly detect the peach notes and black currant. Overall it smells juicy and fresh and I always get lots of compliments on this, I'm not really even into perfume oils but this stuff is strong and lasts about 6 hours before you need to re apply.

Superman9
Superman9

Keep half a bottle of my Juba perfume oil. Use it only once in a while.. too bad it has been discontinued:(

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

I'm rewriting my review!!!! Good God I got this 7 years ago and it has been discontinued since. I've hated it..until recently! It used to sting my nostrils bad, but even then, I refused to throw it away.
This is a well made fragrance, as all TBS perfume oils with black caps are. Sillage and Longevity are beyond amazing. I know these never go bad, and as long as you don't spill it, it will last forever (well...almost). I figured a way to remove the stinging, almost rancid feel of this fragrance. Layer it with a warm and creamy TBS perfume oil to tame the sharpness and hold the fragrance down.

I recently aquired another discontinued TBS oil, Indian Gardenia, dabbed it on my wrist, waited for about half an hour then remembered I still had Juba and decided to resurrect it. I dabbed it on the same spot I placed Indian Gardenia.

It smelled amazing! Indian Gardenia's creamy quality was able to turn Juba from medicinal to mouth watering. Very fresh without being sharp, syrupy yet intoxicating. Think canned mandarin oranges, drenched in light syrup then topped with salt. Perfect summer to fall scent. I'm starting to love Juba!

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i've been a fan and customer of The Body Shop since the 80's (mail order through catalogs, shipped from the UK)... and yet i stumbled across this scent quite by accident. i was wearing Ananya (perfume oil, from The Body Shop) and spent an evening with my best friend - he thought i smelled amazing, and i thought he smelled amazing... he was wearing Juba. so we exchanged bottles, and that was...what...15 years ago? more? and i still love this scent. it's a rich, savory citrus (no Orange-glo cleanser smell! and no bitter grapefruit!) but with something else i can't quite describe. when pressed, i call it sandalwood and oranges and it's how i imagine the character Angelica from Elizabeth Hand's _Waking the Moon_ would have smelled.

Also, oddly, on what worked out to be our first date, between my now-husband and myself, i went into a Body Shop (Town Center, Kennesaw, yo) and discovered that the perfume spray of Juba had been discontinued. i didn't have my wallet with me, but he bought me all the bottles they had left. i'm down to my last two now, but i still have a stockpile of the oil and i still wear it when i need a little extra courage, oomph, or just need that certain something.

I.I
I.I

I liked it a lot 15 years ago, but I remember that I got bored of it in the end.
It's a quite sharp scent, IMO only suitable for young girls and only for everyday use and casual occasions.

Angel10
Angel10

Loved this fragrance 20 years ago, have bought it off ebay again, and hope to be as impressed as I was back then.

I am surprised to find it classified as an oriental....this is def a fruity floral to me. It lasts forever, so put the oil on lightly, and it will surround you all day. Very ripe and juicy, and can be strong (this is coming from a loud scent junkie, so watch out!)

This has been my favorite. Please, where Can I find this now? Been searching this for a long time after being discontinued by Body shop.
Longing

I love this perfume oil I'v worn it since I was a teenager in the 90's until they discontinued it in Canada. I'v had so many compliments when I wear it. I wished they would bring it back. I still have one little bottle of it. I guess when it gone that it : (

guest_Sweets
guest_Sweets

This is the MOST intoxicating fragrance I have ever smelled. I wore it exclusively until sales were stopped in the US for a reason unknown to me. I bought it online from China for a while, but had such difficulty obtaining it, I chose a new fragrance. I love Juba and would wear it now if I could find a supplier.

ameskay
ameskay

one of my first perfumes... i really loved it i used it almost all the time! it turned heads no matter where i been and i received so many compliments. too bad i had to stop using it since it gave me big bad red rashes especially at my wrists!

Juba Perfume Oil by The Body Shop 4.21 out of 5 based on 43 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Juba Perfume Oil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop Juba Perfume Oil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Juba Perfume Oil by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Juba Perfume Oil by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.