Designers » T-Z » Aromatic « Groups

Shea The Body Shop for women and men

Shea The Body Shop for women and men
dislike

Shea The Body Shop for women and men Pictures

Shea by The Body Shop is a Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Shea was launched in 2012.

Hollywood Pink

Shea Fragrance Reviews

zombieldehyde
zombieldehyde

I was surprised by this one, it did not smell nutty for me hahaha it smells okay for me but it doesn't last long :(

*_Lilly_*
*_Lilly_*

I returned this today. Although I did like it, I thought it a tad too much masculine and not worth keeping :/ It is a nice soft scent, like lotion but like cologne? It's not bad but wanted to get something else ;)
Instead I traded it in for the Black Musk lotion

nero77
nero77

Creamy nutty scent...

Mmmm! I really like the smell of this one. It reminds me of cocoa butter or shea butter but in perfume form! This is a great skin scent which I would imagine would also be great for layering. The vanilla and tonka bean add together to make a creamy oriental scent. Absolutely beautiful.

Ultimately a nice, inoffensive scent with medium to weak projection and longevity, more suited as a body mist or skin scent. Saying that, a perfect base for layering. A yummy scent and one which I like wearing.

Martaynd

COMBO TIP: July 2016- I paired this with Creed's Neroli Sauvage. Very happy with it. The Shea Karite adds a soft, lightly sweet facet to the bitter and aggressive NS. I needed something that would tweak the NS a bit more towards the feminine for me. Winner!!

Lissa1991
Lissa1991

I am a sucker for this scent, such a creamy, beautiful perfume! It just feels a bit too manly for me, which is one of the reasons why I didn't buy it (I wear perfume to accentuate my femininity, not to hide it!), the other two being sillage and lasting power - both too weak for my liking.

fragrantlove
fragrantlove

The whole Shea line of TBS has an intriguing fragrance, in my opinion... Smells like sexy cleanliness, like woody-smelling clean sheets! It's very linear, but I do enjoy this scent and it lasts about 3 hours on me with soft sillage. Inoffensive, feminine and simple, very wearable overall.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

The first spray smells like Curve Crush, a men's cologne. Then it gets this slightly licorice-y sickening smell that I dislike. This persists for maximum ten minutes, and then it's a warm lotion smell, which I love. You have to wait for it. It's worth it. The cologne smell vanishes within the first minute, so I wouldn't worry about that. It becomes sweeter and warmer, but not too sweet or too warm. I'm not sure about its nuttiness. It smells like lotion I've bought before...probably one that contains shea.

nvenus
nvenus

Doesn't this smell lite pure lotion? I remember it that way and it's not how I'd like to smell

izainbox
izainbox

I love this. At first, it smells masculine, but as time progresses the scent softens into something nutty and creamy. I find it soothing and relaxing. It's safe to wear this kind of scent in office, it's mild and inoffensive.

Reminds me of perfume samples on the folded pages of Vogue magazines back in the 90's.

P.S. -- It smells so nice that i bought the body lotion.. the lotion is creamy and the scent is lighter compared to the body mist.

Kizzle
Kizzle

i love this! my man loves this! HOWEVER...the smell is gone from clothing and skin in minutes. Can anyone suggest a copy cat with staying power? Finding smells that he likes is hard to do...would really appreciate some suggestions! thanks <3

Isobela
Isobela

This one is a little like a man's fragrance but in a very soft feminine way! lol Very fresh and clean without being sharp in any way. It sweetens a little as it dries down, unfortunately lasting power was shocking on me, so I can't accurately describe the dry down as it was so fleeting.

Even though the lasting power is so poor I will probably still get it as I absolutely adored the scent itself while it hung around, yes that is how charming this one truly is, I will just have to reapply regularly. Will probably pick up the body mist as opposed to the eau de toilette as its a bigger bottle and I can't see how it could have worse longevity than this (may try it first though). Picking up the body butter too would probably be a good idea!

Am finding the scent hard to describe but I would highly recommend this gorgeous, totally unoffensive, comforting scent :)

Ashlynnalicious
Ashlynnalicious

This one is so... Cozy. Comforting. Soft, with a certain sharpness to it. It's like a cozy brown fragrance with silver aspects and a slip of possible mint? It smells lovely in te bottle but I'm always reminded how gorgeous it is when I mist the air and walk through it. I agree, it's a lovely scent To go to bed to. So comforting. Definetely give this a mist next time your at the body shop, and wear it and see how you like it. I'm sure it will be special for you. This is perfectly unisex aswell. So lush. And so different! Give a mist!

jordan8
jordan8

To me, this smells "healthy" without being herby or medicinal; it's a cozy earthy scent. I typically wear it when I'm feeling rather earth-mama after a bath as it makes me think of a spa. A true unisex fragrance.

cassandra5322
cassandra5322

Very unisex, it starts off smelling like the opening notes of a men's cologne thanks to the aromatic bergomot zest and lavender blend. It is in no way overly herbaceous or citrusy smelling, it's all immediately soften by the light powdery sweet creaminess of shea butter, which has a slight nutty scent. It's a nut covered in a nut butter sort of nutty scent if you can imagine that. It's fresh yet warm and comforting at the same time like a woman's clean must smelling cashmere sweater which has a slight bit of her boyfriend's Cologne still on it. Very unique, I urge you to try it.

Aromatic
Nutty
Creamy
Sweet
Powdery

Nice smell! I'm not sure if I can consider this a perfume, because it smells more of a body butter. Actually the body butter in the same line works great and smells great.
The EdT has basically the same scent and it's very cosy and relaxing as when you had a shower and then rest on a sofa with a blanket. I think this is more of a feminine scent, sweet and nutty, but not brain-hammering sugary.
Worn with sense it could be a perfect smell to wear when you don't feel like wearing perfume, still you want a smell-good effect.
I can see the resemblance with the Armani's one, but Shea is more gentle and less pungent.

RedDog
RedDog

I blind bought this. Just a heads up, it really does come off as a mildly sweet and spicy cologne to the common nose. If I wore this to go out with my friends, they would think I was wearing some kind of oddly slightly feminine cologne. It smells pretty good, but if a cologne-y feeling isn't what you're going for, don't get it!

That said, my preferred scents are gourmands, greens, and anything mildly sweet and soft.

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

This smells creamy and comfy, somewhat like smelling hazelnut (the one in nutella) - just yummy. I can fall asleep to this, in fact I'm totally imagining this again now as I'm writing.
I didn't have the slightest idea how "shea" smells like - I've only ever smelled it in "shea butter" but if it's so, then it's yummy nutty smell. Like.

Martaynd

I had forgotten I had the scent. It was lost on my shelf amongst MANY bottles of perfume. I am so glad I rediscovered it. I have the small bottle, but I will be purchasing a larger bottle soon. I was searching for something that was comforting, clean, snuggly, and soft to wear to bed tonight. I showered and found this fragrance on my shelf. Sniffed it and it was perfect! I squirted the scent into my Naked Body Butter by Bliss and lotioned from my knees up. And just for an added touch I added some Facconable Femme in the NBB by Bliss on my legs. This is the perfect combination to fall to sleep with. Probably won't be bad to wake up to either. And as this weather is changing towards cooler temps I think it will be a perfect choice alternative from my Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar which I wear frequently throughout the winter.

I do not find the Shea to be sweet as others have noted. I guess because warm vanilla sugar is what I consider sweet. This is just fantastic.

I also agree there Moringa and Neroli are also great scents, but I prefer those for spring and summer. All three will be staples in my perfume repertoire.
TIP: I almost never buy the fragrance body lotions or creams after I learned that I could make my own with any scents I have with Naked Body Butter by Bliss. It is fragrance free and turns any of your perfumes into a luxurious body cream. Will save you a ton of money. The only exception right now is that I will splurge on Jo Malone body creams because of their longevity and quality of fragrance.

veda
veda

I just received the body mist of Shea from a lovely friend and I really love it.Yes, it is a little bit masculine but just a little as Miss Dior (new) but after 5 minutes you can smell the candy sugar-reminds me of Candy by Prada not surprised it is suggested in the left side of this page- .It is also creamy and nutty.I had also the body butter which was so good!!
A must for layering your perfumes with.

ladieqah
ladieqah

This is too masculine for me.. I give my husband to wear

pfelis
pfelis

At first I was dissappointed because I thought it was a little too masculine. After a couple uses I am glad that I have mistaken the bottle and bought Shea instead of Brazil Nut.

Shea is sweet and creamy and yet very clean and fresh. First it smells a little like shaving cream but after 10 minutes the creamy sweetness becomes noticable. It has a good longevity but stays close to skin. It smells very comforting and clean.

Great for using after shower or bedtime. And perfect for layering. It gives a warm, nutty and lotion like smell to whatever perfume you layer it.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

smooth creamy lotion-like scent...this is lovely.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Clean and creamy, it has a delicate skin like sweetness

kasslee
kasslee

To me this is the perfect 'just out of the shower' bedtime scent. It smells so clean and cuddly and nutty to me, not like you're wearing perfume, but like you just naturally smell good after a shower.
Simple, just like the body butter but wonderful.

nhudahasan
nhudahasan

Smell nice at first. Nutty bit chocalatey i'd say. But thats it. I dont hate it but i dont like it that much either. At some point it kinda gave me headache. It last 4-6 hours on me. I wear it if i want to smell/try something different. Pass

skylamor
skylamor

I really like The Body Shop Shea scent. To me it smells nothing like shea butter and is sort of warm but sweet, hard to describe actually. But, I've smelled nothing similar to it yet. It's a yummy, comforting scent that is not mature yet not like the cotton candy scents so popular now either.

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is wonderful, so far my favorites from TBS's new range of EDT's is Shea and Moringa, the rest are abit 'meh' for me. Shea is nutty and creamy with a clean, woody undertone...fresh yet warm...a simple pleasure that's linear, light and comforting. It is semi-sweet and perfectly unisex, and was a favorite of a recent ex (on himself). I will still buy it and wear it for myself, I'm not the sort who ties fragrances to people. But having smelled it on him alot, I can say that it leaves very subtle trails of yummy clean, warm nuttiness for about 2 hours...it has a sheer, dreamy kind of sillage that could make you feel you're imagining it, and then assume that the wearer just smells naturally good. For that reason, I highly recommend it to those working in health and medical fields, men or women, it's inoffensive, mild and natural. I already have the shea body butter and I can't wait to get this so I can layer over it. Suitable all year round and mild enough for hot days too.

Miriana93
Miriana93

Smells great - sweet and nutty but slightly manly. I really like the smell and I would love to be around people who wear it, but I do not think that I want to smell like it for a long time. I think this is too masculine for me - it reminds me of men's colognes. It could be worn by women but in my opinion, in autumn or winter.

bekahdrey
bekahdrey

I had been looking for this fragrance forever, and I didn't even know it. Smells warm and beautiful. An intense version of all the best things about Shea. Definitely great for fall and winter, because it is the fragrance version of a cashmere sweater, however, it is soft enough to be worn in warmer weather. I would consider it a day fragrance.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a really nice find from The Body Shop. Sitting between the decadence of Chocomania and Brazil Nut it's easily over-looked, however Shea has warmth and nuttiness but smells natural. It's a very nice clean skin scent, but to me this actually smells like a man's clean skin, which makes it quite an intoxicating little number. It smells like the bf's skin after he's put on the L'Occitane after-shave balm, which does indeed contain shea butter. A treat for simple days or cuddling up at home.

It smells natural, but I can't say that I would like to smell so.

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

Neutral, natural, creamy, nutty, and soft, amazing for winter.

BonniBrooke
BonniBrooke

I've tried this twice now and both times have been surprised with how much I like it! Coming in a small one ounce bottle, simply called Shea, I nearly look past it the first time. I tried it in an airport and almost went back into the shop to buy it... I kept sniffing my hand. Soft, nutty, cozy. Even though it's a really affordable price I ended up getting the beautifying oil and shower cream instead. The oil I found to be wonderful, eminating the exactly same soft sent, but was disappointed at first sniff of the shower cream because it really didn't smell the same. Haven't tried that yet but look forward to doing that. Someday soon I'd love to pick up the EDT, which sits close to the skin and doesn't have the most pungent projection, but for 14 bucks, what can you expect? Try it and be wooed.

EDIT: Call me crazy but the shower cream and oil simply do not smell the same as the EDT. They are much nuttier to me. Not as soft. Makes me sad I didn't choose the spray. :(

Kaylan
Kaylan

This scent actually leans more on the masculine side. I wouldn't like to smell like this all the time, but its quite intoxicating for what it is. Yummy for night time when you're just in your house and want something yummy to smell.

evacecilias
evacecilias

"Silvery brown scent " what a well thought of description !
Of all new edt flankers , this was the one I liked the best , while testing them out last weekend. The fruity ones I'd rather wear as cream body butter, but this was really working well as an edt sprayer.
Slightly nutty, fresh, clean but without the laundry feeling.
Has the slightest tone of a mens cologne and probably that's why
I like it...have been drawn to unisex scents lately and this made me think of the coldness and a little peppery, dusty musty notes from Si Lolita L Lempicka.
I could easily pull this one of as a clear day scent.
Called Shea - unbelievable !
Well done Body shop .
I just passed by the Body Shop store again today and had to retry it..got a ssilk ribbon scented with Shea.After doin my erends, got a whif of it emptying my purse. Smelled it and aha ! - gris clair light !
This will be one of my next buys, and is there even lavender in this stuff ?

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Sparkling, aromatic nutty fragrance. As others have pointed out, a little "cologne-y" but it is very fragrant. Dry down veers towards nutty sweetness, losing that sparkly effect that I enjoyed in the beginning.

It's a silvery brown scent.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

I've never smelled shea. But this EDT from TBS smells nutty and woody, and hardly any sweetness. It has a reserved attitude to my nose. Towards the end, it also have a sort of powdery smell like in some cosmetics stuff.

The longevity is around 5 hours and the scent stays very close to skin. I also tried the body butter, which seems to hold better on the skin.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

Wow! This is really fragrant for an EDT simply called Shea! First it is much more fragrant than the body butter which is the only other way I have tried this scent. To me this fragrance leans masculine and I have passed it on to the hubs, not that a lady couldn't wear it but something about it is very "cologne" smelling. It's warm and spicy, aromatic and a little creamy. It reminds me of Vintage Obsession for men (my father's "fancy" cologne). For $14 this is a steal, I would love to smell more gents wearing this come cooler weather, it sits close on the skin making it even better for cuddling in closer.

bronstein
bronstein

You wouldn't expect any revolutions in the perfuming art from a scent by The Body Shop, would you? Instead, what you get is an unobtrusive yet elegant compoition that is sweet on the surface and tart below. It is almost ideal for a sweet fragrance that can be worn day by day during summer. It reminds me a bit of the Lolita Lempicka range but without the heavy undertones, i.e. some kind of "Lolita light". Considering this, don't get fooled by the unisex label, as it's definitely a female scent.

***

firsttime
firsttime

One spray of A*Men blend with two of Shea = Fantastic!

zakalkwe
zakalkwe

i love it, but the lasting power is poor...

titaputrika
titaputrika

Really really love this scent, so creamy, nutty, clean, and fresh in my skin. Won't make me headache in my afternoon ativity. left me a good impression. i love it!

camarillo
camarillo

smelling so nice.. so natural but I dont know why I dont ever hear any comment when I wear this perfume :)) point 7 for this perfume

jessbug
jessbug

I agree with chance25: this smells like someone tried to create an impression of the Shea line and kinda failed. It smells alright, but I just wish they had created the scent of the Shea salt scrub (that lovely, somewhat masculine scent), or the shower gel (softer, creamier and slightly masculine as well). This comes closest to the body butter, I think, which is my least favorite out of the Shea line (although it's still nice).

I do like the packaging; nice, simple, and clean.

chance25
chance25

I think the TBS got it wrong with this one. It's not a soft creamy scent like the SHEA body butter and shower creams have. It's very perfumey and artificial. I think they would of done better if they made this scent into a perfume oil rather than an edt..

avanbobby
avanbobby

There is something very familiar and comforting about this fragrance. It makes me think of summer evenings on the beach. I just love it <3

noshnosh
noshnosh

smells awesome , if you are a love-woody-smells person you will fall in love with it reminds me of shea , grapes , almond and vanilla in the same time , my sister bought it to me as a gift and definitely I will buy it again! i am smelling my wrest while i type this review ... beautiful smell :)

Creamy, nutty and woody. It smells basically of an amped up higher end body lotion.
I think it would be nice layered under other fragrances to give a woodsy note but on it's own you might as well apply a moisturizing self tanner.

hills by the sea
hills by the sea

This is a warm, creamy nutty fragrance that is quite delightful. It is however not solely warm and fuzzy - it has this slight very slight tinge of something spicy almost, that makes it definitely aromatic as well.

I have plain shea butter from the health store and it is practically odorless. So I don't know how shea smells. The only version I have smelled is Softsoaps shea butter hand soap and there are some similarities between that one and this perfume.

Longevity and sillage are typical of body shop products which is soft to moderate. Teamed with their body cream on a cold rainy day, I feel like I wrapped myself in a very soft warm creamy-beige shawl while sipping some aromatic tea. Very pleased with my purchase.

Galya
Galya

Such a nutty pretty perfume,also natural!Love it.

kai.laidla
kai.laidla

I love it. Pure smell of shea. Suits for noses who love woody notes.