Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

The Spirit of Moonflower The Body Shop for women

The Spirit of Moonflower The Body Shop for women
dislike

ozonic

The Spirit of Moonflower by The Body Shop is a floral fragrance for women. The Spirit of Moonflower was launched in 2000. Top notes are coriander, gardenia and melon; middle notes are cyclamen, lime (linden) blossom and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are jasmine and rose.

Coriander Gardenia Melon

Cyclamen Lime (Linden) Blossom Lily-of-the-Valley

Jasmine Rose

Love is All
The Spirit of Moonflower Perfume Oil

The Spirit of Moonflower Fragrance Reviews

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

It's fresh and light and soft pink! I like the smell a lot and I used the whole bottle religiously. Too bad I cannot find it anymore these days. Good one :)

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

I will always remember the time when I was still a naive school girl, this is e fragrance that I wore for a good period of time. Fresh, light, soft and feminine, moonflower evokes the memories of my teenage years. Nice, soothing and warm. Unfortunately it was discontinued, otherwise I would have continued to wear it.

Trish.K
Trish.K

Bought the body mist recently from someone else. Maybe my particular bottle had been stored for a while therefore altering the smell. I have the perfume oil and i have to say the oil is much better smelling. On me, the corriander is way too strong. The rest of the notes are overpowered by it. I love the drydown, but not the initial blast of spicy corriander seeds. I don't hate it, but i don't love it either. The perfume oil is still very loved by me.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

A mate of mine gave this to me for my 21st birthday...I'd never really been a fan of the Body Shop fragrances so my initial thoughts were that I wouldn't like it. WRONG! It is GORGEOUS. Very floral, sweet but not overpowering, very fresh and delightfully fruity (melon, grapefruit, possibly peach too). If I ever see this on sale at age 30, I will be buying again. I do think it's a young scent though...so I can't see women in their late 30s and over buying this for themselves.

flowerlvr711
flowerlvr711

i am curious about this,, after reading everyones posts, i think i will be making a rip up to the mall, to check this out :)

ellachamp
ellachamp

I love love love moonflower! I just can't stop sniffing myself. I used to wear this in college. I was bummed when I found out they discontinued this one. It's so feminine and soft. It smells exactly how a woman in her 20's should smell like. It's perfect and it's one of my favorite scents. The smell is just so pretty.

Gezerdava

I think I have found a scent that is close to the Spirit of Moonflower, so all of you fans, give it a try - Jo Malone French Lime Blossom. The main note is linden blossom, just like in the SOM, and lily of the valley and rose are also there. I am so glad I found it!

prudenceliquorice
prudenceliquorice

The Body Shop have just brought out a new range of fragrances and one of them, Amazonian Wild Lily is really reminiscent of Moonflower - I'm glad because I've missed it! I work in a Body Shop and have had several delighted Moonflower fans, so of you're one too, give it a try

lewisre24
lewisre24

I loved this and yet have found a new perfume that i love. I was wondering what are the other moonflower lovers wearing now?

sommerregen
sommerregen

It was sweet but in a refreshing way,something that I always longed for in a perfume but just when I thought I had found the perfect perfume for me Body Shop discontinued it.....:(

fifaatm
fifaatm

I still got the original moonflower (bodyspray) maybe left 60ml. its pretty sweet, too sweet for me, with a very subtle hint of spiciness.
I cannot tell what is this smell, absolutely not melon, maybe linden, then. :D

Miss_J
Miss_J

This is a review for the 'Original' Moonflower. I mean the very first years that the BOdy Shop ever introduced Moonflower. The last couple of years they have watered down this beautiful scent into some cheap synthetic mess (I'm sure the 'new' reformulated scent would make Anita Roddick rolling in her grave)and eventually discontinue this lovely gem. I blame L'oreal for this. Now on to the review:

Moonflower, is one of the most delicate, delectable, distinctive floral fragrance that I've ever smelt. At first you will get a big bouquet of white flowers & Jasmine, joined with delicate melon scent, but not to worry because you're not going to get the sweet teensy melon here. It dries down into a soft musky-jasmine base that lingers close to the skin. Sillage is beautiful, amazing longevity. This is actually a jasmine based perfume that I can wear. Other Jasmines will smell like a body odour on my skin. Crazy chemistry reaction right there.

This perfume is definitely floral and very ladylike. It's good for day & evening wear. Or maybe your first date. I'm sad that they decided to discontinue this scent, but either way I think it's good for them to do it,so they won't ruin a classic.

kalios55
kalios55

The Spirit of Moonflower opens with a heady white flower and lime blossom--sweet and a bit bitter. The first couple minutes I can also smell a hint of spice from the coriander seed. This phase is strong.

After 10 minutes or so The Spirit of Moonflower turns into a very lady-like and delicate floral scent. I get a lot of jasmine lilly-of-the-valley and melon. There is no dry down. The scent just fade. It remains the same--sheer simple and elegant--until the end.

I have quite a few perfumes in my collection. So far I have not yet come accross anything that smells similar to or even reminds me of The Spirit of Moonflower.

Too seriously feminine for me :o)

oglita
oglita

El mejor perfume floral-frutal que eh tenido jamás!, usaba el aceite y el perfume juntos para ayudar a la mejor fijación. Me encantaba olerme y en mi piel era tibio, seco y algo dulce, super femenino !!, lo amo!!, POR FAVOR LO NECESITAMOS!.

a nice light floral for daywear in spring or summer. you can smell a hint of lime and melon in this. its not too fruity or powdery at all. just a nice soft floral. lasting time about 2 hrs. on me.

Sasimeena
Sasimeena

I really miss this scent. I have a lot of perfumes but this was only one I used and emptied its bottle. The only one I sniffed & took deep-long breath with it.

THE BODY SHOP BRING IT BACK PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

polkadotpaws
polkadotpaws

great scents from the body shop such as this and Passion Flower have been discontinued but i wish they kept producing them cause they're distinctive and much nicer than the newer ones. what a shame!

Gezerdava

An absolute masterpiece! Why in the world did they have to discontinue it...??? Does anyone know any similar scents? Bring it back!!!!!

zennia04
zennia04

It's such a light, fragile yet optimistic perfume. Really influences GREAT Mood.i miss it so much! why was it discontinued, please bring it back Body Shop!

chrisstinna_b

the only problem with this perfume is that it's lasting power is sooo poor... On me it only lasts for minutes!

chrisstinna_b

I got it today, bought it on ebay. It was pure blind buy! I decided to buy it because I it contains some of the notes i like best: gardenia and jasmine, and I was very curious about the linden smell in a perfume. I must say I am happy with the purchase.
It has a really interesting smell. Clean and juicy I'd say, and a little bit powdery. On me, it smells delicious.

Actually, if there was a "Floral juicy" perfume category, this perfume would successfully fit in.

I find it somewhat similar to Clinique - one of their Happy perfumes, I don't know which of them actually. I've checked their notes and it is probably the lily of the valley, and maybe also the rose. Anyway, The Spirit of Moonflower DOES smell happy!

It reminds me of summer holiday evenings. I can smell the linden flowers, and there is something that smells like lychees to me. Yummy! I guess that would probably be the melon. Does anyone else smell lychees in it?

survynuth

cute. I bought it in a small shop two days ago, it's preowned by the seller but never been used. gosh, it's hard to find this thing!

everytime I smell it I feels like a child who loves jelly. I Love It.

survynuth

everytime I smell it I feels like a child who loves jelly. I Love It.

LaLynna
LaLynna

The best perfume ever!I miss it!

guest_liz
guest_liz

Pls. bring back this scent. I miss it so much. I hope TBS will be able to read this

timi
timi

You cannot imagine how sad I was when Body Shop decided to discontinue this scent, which, in my opinion, was the only one they did right (next to Dewberry, which was also discontinued). Why the HELL does Body Shop discontinue what should be their mainstays?!

If Body Shop were the music industry, Moonflower would be number one on the charts. Yes, it's THAT amazing.

It's a delightful, almost coquettish pink floral that can be described as the opposite of cloying. Perhaps if I get a ticket to England and picket endlessly at the main Body Shop office to bring it back, they'll reconsider.

In the meantime, I'm saving my last 30ml bottle for special occasions, or just when I want a whiff of nostalgia every now and again.

LaGari
LaGari

I got the limited edition one, when it first came out. I smell a lot of Papaya in it. Maybe its the melon combined with florals that creates that smell. I remember people teasing me for liking a 'papaya' smelling perfume but I didn't care. Its beautiful, very soft and pretty. Back then I liked it, and now its gone, I really miss it and I appreciate a lot more Perfect for hot and humid days. I think one of TBS's top three.

maude
maude

Very disapointed that they discontinued this fragrance it used to be my favourite, all i can find now is the oil,the smell is perfect and it always lifted my spirit.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

My best of Body shop, except of course the White Musk and Japanese musk, shame its not there anymore, can find it only in oil for home burners, still such an uplifting smell, amazing on everyone!

aan_fume
aan_fume

The best women fragrance that I've ever smell, always make my mood increasing better and better and better if my wife use it :)

Hinnie
Hinnie

I love this perfume so much, when this was out I remember going to TBS everyday just to spray this. I bought a bottle but it ran out and it's discontinued now. Does anyone knows a fragrance that's similar to this?
This is extremely unique floral scent with a hint of midnight grass and moonlight.

guest_ShoppingInHeels
guest_ShoppingInHeels

I loved this perfume...now all i can fine is the oil does anytone know if it is the same or even similar? I dont want to waste my money on something that isnt worth it.

swedeangel
swedeangel

a wonderful little scent. i remeber having this one several years back, loved it so much ,its sweetness,the powdernyness thats so good,and not nausiating at all.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Very girlie, very pink, innocent, & so sweet & sexy! On me this Moonflower EDT smells heaven!! & it really reminds me of those pink water-lilys from my childhood summerdays, in the lakes of north Finland (which is known as the "country of lakes")! So this scent brings me totally back to one of the most beautiful places I`ve ever been to . A secret pond in the middle of nowhere in northertn Finland. This pond is filled with rare, & protected pale northern Scandinavian pink Water Lilys. I'ts illegal to pick these Pink Water Lilys, because they are so rare. So just like with this delicate scent, "The Spirit of Moonflower", one has to stick to just closing ones eyes, and breath in these rare water-flowers. Just remeber - No touching! Fairy Delicate fragrance made of northern fairy-dreams.

alexandragreece
alexandragreece

THE BEST LOW-COST PERFUME EVER!i will never get the reason why they discontinued all over the world...i really miss it!
it was nothing like heavy expensive perfumes...it brought an optimistic aura to every woman who wore it!it was ideal for casual everyday occasion! even for hot summer nights in the islands...floral cleaniness is the phrase that best describes moonflower...and thats something important that many expensive floral perfumes havent achieved...oh,how i miss it!you could spray your hair with the body mist and get compliments all day long!BRING IT BACK TO THE STORES xo xo

I used to wear this in university. I found it initially had a nice, watery light fresh scent with a hint of citrus, but after a while it took on a smell that I could only describe as " ime Froot lLoops"

Laurukka
Laurukka

A great floral fragrance, little bit powdery. The scent and name gives me a vision of a garden in full moon's light. This hasn't been in body shop anymore for a while around here too..

bugsy_b
bugsy_b

My most favorite perfume.
But too bad that Body Shop discontinued this product in Indonesia so I can't buy it anymore...

Allegra
Allegra

Fresh and lovely floral fragrance, one of my favourites in that group. Didn't buy it myself as my friend gave away a bottle of Moonflower, because she thought it smelled like pear cider on her :) On me it smells just perfect, love it!

The Spirit of Moonflower by The Body Shop 4.15 out of 5 based on 172 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop The Spirit of Moonflower fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop The Spirit of Moonflower, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Spirit of Moonflower by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Spirit of Moonflower by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.