Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanilla The Body Shop for women

Vanilla The Body Shop for women
dislike

Vanilla The Body Shop for women Pictures Vanilla The Body Shop for women Pictures

Vanilla by The Body Shop is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Top notes are apricot, plum, peach and lemon; middle notes are tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine, ylang-ylang and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk and vanilla.

Apricot Plum Peach Lemon

Tuberose Orange Blossom Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla

Vanilla Fragrance Reviews

Flowercat
Flowercat

Not too gourmand, not too fruity, but just the right mix of vanilla sweetness. I have been searching for this perfect balance of vanilla plus a dash of extra powdery spiciness for years! I always wanted Body Fantasies Vanilla Fantasy and Pacifica Island Vanilla to mate, creating a baby that isn't overly synthetic like the Fantasy or overbearingly pungent like Pacifica's...simply light, feminine, soft sweet vanilla, please. It has happened!
I love the apple in the Fantasy one, and The Body Shop's Vanilla gives me JUST enough fruity zing without taking over the mix. It also smells like I'm wearing a perfume, not like I just baked and dripped vanilla on myself. Exquisite!

BooVaher
BooVaher

I adore Vanilla, but I cannot adore this. It smells way too artificial and within minutes of putting it on I start to get a powerful headache.
So sad. :(

natfragrant
natfragrant

Unique vanilla, my favorite "pure" vanilla body scent of all. Excellent staying power for a body spray/eau de toilette. The kind of sexy-casual date night- after work spritz that lasts. Will continue to repurchase for years to come. It's one of those scents that really captures memories and holds them!!!

harlequinsaccharin
harlequinsaccharin

This was my signature in high school, and I still love it. Very distinct take on vanilla, lots of sandalwood.

abbba_
abbba_

Now, vanilla is my all time favourite scent, but this perfume didn't work for me :( I found it too... 'thick' I guess you could say. It smelled lovely in the bottle, but it didn't work well with my skin chemistry :(

bronstein
bronstein

This is a marvellous fragrance which also demonstrates what The Body Shop is best at: Unintrusive scents which underline one's personality rather than replacing it. Rather than crying out loudly "This fragrance is an expression of my individuality!!!", it becomes one with the wearer, given that she has something like a personality.

In other words: an excellent choice for any woman of any age.

****

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

This smells too vanilla to me. I received this as a gift and I'm not excited. I love vanilla ice cream but a vanilla fragrance - especially one this thick, just isn't for me. I always feel suffocated whenever I smell it. I keep it drowned somewhere in my drawer - maybe I'll just give it away someday, when I've got the willingness to find it.

I found a bottle of The Body Shop Vanilla eau de toilette yesterday. You know that you have too much perfume when you "find" bottles of unknown provenance and age. I'm moving after having lived here for ten years, so that's my excuse. This house was sold, and the new owner wants to triple my rent because he was fleeced in the sale (he was bidding against a shill and did not have the house appraised!) and ended up paying $300K more than the house is worth, so now he is struggling to make his mortgage payments. The upshot for me: I have to move. But that's another story, to be detailed--if I survive--at the salon de parfum in an upcoming feature, "The Scent of Moving." ;-)

In the meantime, I am seizing the opportunity to review all of the long, lost perfumes which I keep finding. How is The Body Shop Vanilla? Actually, it smells pretty good, and it does not smell like a vanilla extract facsimile, because there are flowers and fruits here, too. I believe that some perfumistas look down on TBS, but in the case of some of their classics--above all White Musk--they do a perfectly acceptable job. Everyone these days uses synthetic musk, so whether you buy haute niche or The Body Shop, you're getting the results of laboratory work.

In the case of TBS Vanilla, a parallel story holds, at least for me. Vanilla perfumes range from simple to complex and from very sweet to woody and almost savory. This one is right smack dab in the middle. It smells like vanilla with some light florality and fruitiness, and it does not smell overly synthetic. Despite the evident age of this particular bottle, the juice still smells perfectly fresh and wearable. I am quite sure that this is just as good if not better than the vanilla-centric designer fragrances being launched today.

My favorite vanilla perfume is L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument, but for those on a budget, I can recommend this version of The Body Shop Vanilla for a quick vanilla fragrance fix!

Caveat emptor: apparently the composition was recently reformulated. Try before you buy.

Kateri81
Kateri81

When I was 15, I bought this on the school trip to Paris. Now I'm 32 and I still have the empty bottle and every time a smell it, I am 15 again wandering the streets of Paris with my best friend, spitting from the Eiffel tower, smoking weed and playing chess with elders in the park not understanding a word :)

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

Greetings everyone.

This is a strong perfume (I will refer to it as air freshener later on) , the silage and longevity are above average. However there is one huge BUT.

This is not a perfume, at best this is a room freshener, but certainly not a perfume.

I like the smell of vanilla, when it is part of a candy or is added into a cake, or pie. But seriously, woman smelling like a pure powdery vanilla bomb? Intoxicating.

Ladies please avoid it by any means and go for perfumes, not air fresheners.

Intoxicating vanilla bomb bathroom freshener deserves 5/10 only for the power of killing bad smells in the bathroom.

Hope it works.

matereac9
matereac9

this is the best vanilla fragrance out there for me. the woods mean that the scent clings to me unlike the newer version, and it is such a warming, comforting smell. i'll miss this one when i run out...

Thurea
Thurea

I was surprised when I saw the notes list - so many notes. They are absolutely masked by the strong and warm vanilla!

The staying power is light to medium, which is standard for a lot of TBS fragrances. I use it for layering - it works beautifully with fragrances that already have strong notes of vanilla and berry in them.

Synryo
Synryo

Simple and comforting with a hint of class. Smelling it always brings a smile to my face. Anytime I see vanilla/fruit combo as a prominent notes I scrunch my nose, expecting something overly sweet, girly, and ultimately generic. Good thing I didn't read the lineup before trying this (was a gift from my mother) because I really enjoy it. It is sweet, but not too much so, and the fruits are subtle enough not to bother me.
I like wearing it to bed or spraying it on my pillow. Also works nicely with layering if you're into that.
I'd recommend spraying this on fabric, as it disappears very quickly on my skin.

MartineLanthier
MartineLanthier

This was my signature smell for years! I loved smelling like a fresh baked vanilla cake. I would not wear it anymore though... now that I'm all grown up! ;)

emmavanilla
emmavanilla

a pleasant and a real vanilla scent.one of my favorites.

acidrain
acidrain

To be worn in Bed in a winter night , no time no place other than bedroom

melpomeni
melpomeni

This vanilla from TBS is no longer available! It has been replaced with another and it is not the same. I have one bottle left of the original and I will cherish it since this fragrance is straight up sweet, lovely vanilla. Can't go wrong with it!

Ceyris
Ceyris

I used to love Body Shop Vanilla. It was soft, warm and comforting without intruding on the personal space of others. The formulation was changed and the character of the fragrance became much more sharp and floral. Now it smells cheap.

RGR
RGR

I have had many vanilla scents throughout the years....body-splashes, oils, mists, perfumes, solid perfumes, etc. Having a collection of vanilla scents makes me happy. If vanilla were a person, I bet we would be best friends for life. Vanilla comforts me, makes me happy, reminds me of good times and can handle me in my weirdest moods. Having said that I have to say I have always had this in my arsenal. It is one of those perfumes that can open a door to versatility and creativity. Let me explain why......

TBS Vanilla fragrance is a very simple, pleasant and quite rustic take on vanilla.This fragrance reminds me of enjoying the simple things in life because it is not a puzzle perfume to figure out. It is a little sharp sometimes (I suspect because of the fruits), other times it reminds me of sugar and when I appreciate it the most is near the dry-down when I get the musky, amber, almost skin-scent. Sometimes I find it earthy. It depends on your skin mostly (like all perfumes).
But my secret to rocking this like a pro is :
1-Wear it simply alone on those days when simple is better.
2-Wear it layered with similar or fruity body products.
3-Layer it with perfumes to enhance a vanilla note in them.
4-Layer with complicated/spicy perfumes that need softening around the edges.

So just remember TBS Vanilla is one of those perfumes you don't have to overly analyze if buying or not. And you don't have to loose sleep figuring out when to wear it. When compared to other vanilla perfumes it is quite inexpensive to buy and pleasant enough to wear everyday. I absolutely love it.

Melpo
Melpo

I think it smells too much like a biscuit.
The oil used to smell vanilla years ago, nowadays it smells like biscuit too.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

Fragrance wise - it is exactly what I expected, nice vanilla, thick and sweet, nothing extraordinary, type of fragrance worn at home. Nice comforter.

I can only spray it on my clothes, if I spray it on my neck my skin burns, I've never had it with any other fragrance. I bought it at Body Shop so?

Because of this - I don't tend to use it.

nimiel22
nimiel22

I really like this! Sweet, creamy, and altogether comforting. I love the hint of bright, plummy fruits blanketed by a soft, warm vanilla. I love spraying this on cold/rainy days, and right before I go to bed.

suhaesa
suhaesa

a beautiful vanilla.. not a french vanilla.. a British vanilla..although almost most of all the vanillas come from Madagascar, mexico, and many parts of the Indian ocean like Indonesia..but each vanilla depending on how its layered ormixed with other accords.. reflects a different culture..its more of a bourbon vanilla ..the body shop was known tohave ssome of the beast purest vanilla oils but in the past 10 years things have gone more commerciali ..it used to be so much more mellow.. round.. and full of vanilla.. now you tend to smell the alcoholic.. musky basse a lot more ..but its still nice.. powdery.. musky.. peachy.. in a base of light amber ..and sandalwood.. with middle notes of white flowers which are a lot more abundant.. vanilla with ambers and more oriental now its becoming lighter with more British flowers ..
dries down to a more subtle round powdery vanilla mist with hues of orange bosom Lilly and jasmine and tuber rose..top notes of peach apricot and lemon and plums make it a bit sweeter in a light manner not sickeningly sweet..and crispier and fresher..
all accords compliment each other perfectly..
its a skin scent.. you can apply it to your pulse points.. and develops with your skin in unimaginable ways..it melts in to your pores ..and transforms in to the most wonderful beautiful experience of pleasure..its a perfect base for so many other perfumes.. if you like layering..you will love this.. i love layering it with the strawberry or dewberry oils or even coconut oils from the body shop..or you can use the vanilla oil from body shop to enhance it and layer it with the 2 vanillas from their line and strawberry perfume..whatever you do with it it turns magically wonderfull

perfume ratting 4 out 5
bottle ratting 3.5 out 5
edt 50 ml
bought from the body shop.. shop
about 21 us $
it reminds me of those
Vanilla Perfume Oil
Vanilla
2012 for women and men

sensous_5877
sensous_5877

Why the hell did they discount THIS..??? Such an impressive + delicious frag.

I finally found the perfect caramella-apricot-vanilla perfume which stays beautiful on my skin and even its scent gets warmer during the day. 100times better than every expensive caramella-scent.

and what are they selling now?! Ugly perfume that stays on me as cloying as candy-scented hairspray. :(

nita_tico
nita_tico

Best vanilla frag ever...
unfortunately they don't produce it anymore?? or??
i'm looking this frag for a long time at TBS Indonesia but they don't have it anymore.
i still keepin the bottle till now after so many years (i forgot how exactly) and voilllaaa the smell from it's spray still the same with the 1st time i buy it...

I loveee it...

KleineLeopardin
KleineLeopardin

From all my perfumes, old and new, cheap and designer's, this is the one by boyfriend loves best and he always comments on how good I smell when I wear it. The vanilla in this merges with caramely, coconutty and somehow slightly fruity notes. The fruits however do not play the biggest part in this creation, but add a thickness and sirupy intensity to the perfume, which I love. It is a comfort scent, that at the same time manages to be louder than the average scent and very recognisable, so it could be a good signature scent for a woman who loves her vanilla on the playful side. But be warned, it is very sweet!
The new vanilla perfume the body shop is selling has less gourmand notes and is more on the floral side, so I got myself some backups, as long as they still sell the old version. Be fast, as they are already running out of it!

rainydays293
rainydays293

I love this perfume. It's simple, subtle, sweet, and versatile. My go-to day perfume on most occasions where I wouldn't want to waste my more expensive perfumes.
Edit: They have changed the formula and the new vanilla perfume does not smell nice to me at all

moongdss
moongdss

This was my first vanilla frag waaaaaay back when. I've since explored Hanae Mori, Tom Ford, L'Artisan, Chanel, Jo Malone, Aniick Goutal... I've found and loved more complex vanillas.

Now when I smell this, it seems plasticy/synthetic and not very high quality. Does that make it bad? No, I just feel that I've moved beyond this.

This frag suited my 20-something, perfume-fearing self and treated her very well. It was easy on the wallet at a time in my life where perfumes were an extreme luxury when rent/gas in the car were touch and go.

I think I'll try layering this with some of my other singular floral frags, or maybe to made some of the darker ones softer/creamier. :)

sourhoney
sourhoney

the smell is so longlasting and very soft just like the vanilla cake.
reccomended to use in your graduation or night party.

Soutty123
Soutty123

This is my number 1 winter comfort scent. I LOVE to wear this on days like today:

Cold
Wet
Windy

I am feeling a bit under the weather (a cold!) and have just had a hot steamy bath using body shop Vanilla shower gel and body lotion. I'm wearing a big fluffy towelling dressing gown. I can't smell too much because of my cold but every now and again I get little wafts of nutty vanilla. Yummy.

I tend to wear this round the house in winter more than I do anything else. It somehow seems to go hand in hand with cotton pyjamas, fluffy dressing gowns, warm slippers, roaring fires and cups of steaming tea. If I could hibernate in winter (if only!) this would be the perfume of my hibernation. :)

petals699
petals699

i used to be in love with this like 6-7 years ago.i think the body shop reformulated their Vanilla scents this time. i bought like 4 bottles on sale thinking it smelled like the addicting Vanilla years ago. when i got it on the mail i noticed it has really changed.the vanilla now smells kindda floral and sweet compare to the original formula which was like delicious creammy yummy vanilla scent.this is still on the safe side though if u are into vanilla scents.6/10 for me

gracep
gracep

I've owned a few bottles of it, but in all honesty, it's probably because it's so easy to wear and is affordable rather than that it's the vanilla I want it to be. To me, the predominant notes are sandalwood, vanilla and musk (in that order). From what I smell, it doesn't really have any development, and I wouldn't recommend it as a fragrance for people looking for a food-y scent. It doesn't smell like ice cream, cake, frosting, or anything of the kind.

norasmida
norasmida

this is a must buy perfume for me. I'll make sure I always have it. Last year, I buy 4 bottles of this perfumes on sales at the same times.

The smell is so delicious. Feel like someone is baking a bun. My friend alway give me a compliments but they said the smell make them hungry.. Hahaha..

Just dont spray it to much. Just spray a little bit on your arm and neck. The smell will be nice. If not, You will make other person feel dizzy.

mackoybgt
mackoybgt

my mom used to have this and this is sweet! I like the scent of vanilla and this perfume's scent of vanilla is strong. I really like it when my mom wears this.

the smell is so pleasant.

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

too much for me, it's like being in a fudge store, very sickly!

PerfectionHunter

I have to add - it lasts for such a short time, sometimes I wonder whether I re-purchase it.

But I always do.

It's short lived but darling pretty.

PerfectionHunter

I love to layer this over my vanilla-based perfumes.
The scent is that amazing combination of sweet, fruity, slightly spicy, warm and fresh...and perfectly so!

However, I'd probably recommend this for daytime, as it's a little too 'baby wipes-ish' for a sexy evening fragrance.

The sandalwood is very subtle, barely there. But there's a wonderful, well-harmonised hit of what smells like vanilla soap, apricot pie with cinnamon and a mist of peach blossom.

Gaaah *smells self*

Whenever someone asks for a vanilla recommendation, The Body Shop Vanilla EDT is almost always suggested. As an avid vanilla fan, I made it my priority to visit The Body Shop and give it a fair chance.

In all honesty, I've smelt better vanilla scents, however it is certainly pleasant on the skin. My only suggestion is to enjoy it in its middle stages, as I found the opening and drydown quite mediocre.

Vanilla EDT opens with a somewhat chemical vanilla note and sharp fruits. I wasn't overly impressed at first, but as I mentioned before, I found the heart much more pleasing. The scent settled into a smooth, slightly creamy and inoffensively sweet vanilla blend with subtle hints of apricot and white florals.

Although sweet, I wouldn't call it particularly foody. When I think of vanilla, I picture a delicious gourmand. This fragrance tends to be sugary and powdery, but not in an edible sense.

The drydown is where the musk accords are at their most prominent. I usually enjoy the smell of musk, however in this fragrance it blends with the vanilla to create a dusty and stale scent. It reminds me of the scent of bed sheets that have been stored away for awhile in a dark cupboard, only to be shaken out a few months later. It's the mustiness that puts me right off.

I barely remember smelling The Body Shop's Vanilla Oil, but I do recall being disappointed in having expected so much more. I have almost the same sentiment towards Vanilla EDT.

damewolf13
damewolf13

On my skin this is a mixture of vanilla with a bit of peach, just a hint of citrus, and the sweet aroma of blooming orange blossoms. This isn't one of those cloyingly sweet dessert fragrances, and it isn't a complicated scent, but it is light and yummy!
Sometimes you just want a simple sweet fragrance that concentrates one of your favorite perfume notes, vanilla.
When all is said and done, it is the vanilla note that lasts, and will be remembered, like a sweet, lingering, vanilla pipe tobacco.

akheperure
akheperure

I bought this one a couple of years ago, but I don't like it at all, even though I do like perfumes with vanilla it it.
It does have the scent of some sort of vanilla, but there's something else mixed with it that to my nose feels very unpleasant, cheap and harsh.
Maybe I could use it as a toilet freshener, some day...

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

As much as i love both vanilla and TBS .. this is a fail. i can not take this vanilla at all. i don't know what it is but it is too sharp and not at all soft and sweet... it smells very strange to me and does not "melt" into my skin if you know what i mean.

Clefairy
Clefairy

As a true vanilla scent, this Body Shop fragrance does not hit the mark. However, the sweet, synthetic fragrance that it does hold, smells exactly like a Cupcake Doll! I remember the smell of the Cupcake Doll that I had very distinctly and it really was lovely - Body Shop's Vanilla smells exactly like this, and it's nice to be able to recapture a fragrance attached to so many happy memories now. A friend of mine wears Vanilla all the time and I love it because it takes me right back to my childhood.

NB: Cupcake Dolls were little dolls which had skirts that could be folded up so that they were disguised as cupcakes - the folded skirt made the cupcake case, and the hat made the frosting. Each doll had a different cupcake scent - Eg, mint, vanilla etc.

florence.lee
florence.lee

Am appalled by how much it smells like coconuts and crayons. Perhaps there was Vanilla in a very synthetic, Play-doh kind of way.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I wore it some years ago and liked it well enough because I like anything with vanilla. Just recently tried it again at the Body Shop. At first it smelled like regular soft and cozy vanilla but after a few minutes it turned into cloying vanilla candle. I couldn't understand what has happened to this fragrance. I even sprayed it on the paper strip thinking that maybe my chemistry was doing weird things but it smelled very cloying and even though it seemed simular to the Vanilla I used to wear something was off.
I heard that it was reformulated and this must account for the difference in this scent. What a shame

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This is pretty nice, straight from the bottle. It's a soft, warm, musky, vanilla. I think this scent is a safe buy. If you enjoy vanilla scents and are on a budget, try this!

Efflorescence
Efflorescence

I am not constant when it comes to my perfume, and this is one of those I go from loving - to hating in a matter of months. Like Lola by Marc Jacobs, this is a comforting scent that makes you want to make yourself a cup of cocoa during the winter months, but in the spring and summer time, it makes me sick to my stomach. I guess the vanilla scent is a bit to artificial, and I am curious about the previous one, but it's the closest I get to a true vanilla perfume.

Don't let my negative comment put you of though, because this is just the right perfume for me in the winter. Warm, comfy, and just heavy enough to let you loose yourself in the scent a couple of moments during the day. Mmm...

The lasting power is impressive, because I still smell like vanilla at the end of the day, but it's not so strong that it makes you crave vanilla coke the whole day.

But just a warning: This is not an unique scent. Just clean, simple vanilla. If you want a scent with more personality and development - keep looking.

su.dheera
su.dheera

i have only used TBS Vanilla EDT since my early 20's..It use to attract men& my friends because the beautiful scent, i have always recommended this fragrent but now i notice the scent does not last for long hours like it was before.. Kinda disappointing & annoying that i have to spray it many times but it the end it smell like garbage...

mg.irie
mg.irie

I am not a pure vanilla fan AT ALL, with the exception of this scent (and Yankee Candle's French Vanilla). I love vanilla wrapped up with sandalwood, however, so I love this scent! It's deeper & more sophisticated than a sweet & sugary vanilla cupcake scent. I absolutely love it & I tend to mix it a lot with other fragrances that I feel need a punch of vanilla. I also adore many of The Body Shop's perfume oils for put a VERY long-lasting scent in my hair. Honestly, the fragrance will last in your hair until you wash it out! ;) It's lovely!

ZELJO
ZELJO

to me it smell like chocolate mixed up with some vanilla and even banana

SBunny
SBunny

I too smell cherries on the top notes but it must be a mixture of all the other fruits. This stage quickly subsides and your left with a light, creamy vanilla scent. It's very creamy like a dessert but not too strong and gourmand. More light vanilla cream than sweet, sticky pudding.

flowermom
flowermom

i worked for the body shop many many years when vanilla first came out!( great place to work! )i hear, read alot about "the old formula...& how great it was..well it hasnt changed that much, for those moaning about it, ive worn this vanilla for 20 years since it was launched & i dont detect THAT much difference, it still smells of warm vanilla, silage is ok but its as cheap as chips, if you like vanilla give it a whirl. i prefer it too vanilla lace & b&bws x

Liina
Liina

Vanilla by The Body Shop is ideal for colder seasons. It is so warming and comforting. The vanilla note is prominent from top to bottom but this scent isn’t only about vanilla. The fruits are very detectable in the top. It actually smells a lot like cherries to me although it clearly doesn’t have a cherry note in it. When the fruits in the top fade the vanilla note gets deeper and creamier.
As a fan of gourmand perfumes I like this scent. It doesn’t blow me away but it’s perfect for cold and windy autumn evenings. I’m sitting in my room reading a book. I can hear raging wind outside but it’s safe and warm inside with my Vanilla.

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

First of all, let me tell you that I loved the ORIGINAL one : that reformulation is just mass-market targeted and completely uninteresting because it just fails as much to be a true vanilla as much to be something relevant.
This is a very good exemple of how industry can adulter some true gems : such a shame !!

Being nowadays in search of my (new) HG pure vanilla (the sweetest, the most sugary, the most confectionery, the "cookiest" one), I am aiming to find the one which comes closer to the original TBS Vanilla.

Could people who knew the original one please tell me which fragrance(s) come the closest ^^ to it please ?

Thank you.

P.s. : You can answer here (as I don't seem to be the only one in search for an original-like version ^^) or PM me if you prefer.

DomoSayWhat
DomoSayWhat

I got tired of it quickly :(

ahnm
ahnm

this is not the sort of vanilla i like. this one smells cloying, smokey, and very thick. not light and airy at all

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is probably the ideal scent if you want something that smells like pure, simple vanilla. It's a sweet, creamy, soft vanilla scent. To me there is a hint of coconut as well. Soft musk rounds out the drydown. Not synthetic at all, not spicy, not floral, just a comforting, warm vanilla scent. I would think this would be a good one to layer as well.

umchung
umchung

This vanilla make me feel so warm in winter. However, it turns sticky during summer.

ticalica
ticalica

This is probably anyone's ultimate vanilla getaway!

I used to mix it with the Body Shop's other fragrance called Minteva back in high school and it smelled fresh as ever!

Nora419
Nora419

My all time signature body spray ..had it for years.
Got many compliments for it.

n4nette
n4nette

all my life I was reading articles about how much men love vanilla scents in women and although I am not crazy about vanilla, I bought the body spray just to check my boyfriends reaction :P
it is SO true, he likes it a lot and wants me to wear it. but I don't love it and only wear it after shower sometimes to seduce him hoho! However, one day I must have touched my hair when my hands were sprayed with it and after hours I liked the scent that had remained in my hair. I guess it's more like a "tool" to me.

ajbww
ajbww

i used to love this but the formula is too strong for my skin and makes me soo red and sting so sadly i can not use this :( but love it !!!

Dreams828
Dreams828

This used to be my favorite plain vanilla body spray, i still have a bottle from 7 years ago haha! D: but i agree with other people that they changed the formula and it no longer smell as delicious anymore.. now it does smell very synthetic.. i need to find another nice vanilla scent

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I love vanilla, but this was just far too sugary and synthetic.
I could really smell caramel in it too, which doesn't seem to be listed. I unfortunately do not smell any of the other fragrance notes. If you like very sweet fragrances, then this is a good one, as it is nice and warm, just that bit too sweet for me.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I used to love the original TBS Vanilla but I cannot enjoy the reformulated version - therefore I came up with an idea to make good use of it!

I am now wearing 4 sprays of The Body Shop's Vanilla body splash and 4 sprays of J Lo Sunkissed Glow and it is just yummy!
If you own both scents, please try!

Using the Body Shop's Vanilla as a base for summer fragrances is a great way to make them fit for the colder months as it will add to the longevity of the summer fragrance and will give it a snuggly finish.

la_beba
la_beba

i love the original formula..smell like cake, dessert, ice cream very yummy..but, the new formula is horrible..i hate it...why they change the formula..??? please body shop i want the original formula, miss that..:(

kat267
kat267

I used to love The Body Shop's Vanilla ... until they changed the formula. It then took years for me to find another fragrance I liked as much and that smelt as good on my skin.

Simple, plain, candy, over sweet synthetical vanille (vanillin).
Not bad smelling, but you need to like that kind of vanilla. Please don't overdo!

Red Rose
Red Rose

This smells like real vanilla. Innocent,warm & plesant.

Marisa36
Marisa36

If you don't expect miracles from this fragrance then you will enjoy it for what it is... lovely warm vanilla plain and simple. Use after a long hot bath on a cold wintery day. Goes well with Palmer's Cocoa butter formula body lotion. Fantastic cosy smell. Yum!

eustacia42
eustacia42

This one is kind of "eh" for me, maybe a little too much on the powdery side. I way prefer Lavanila & Comptoir vanilla fragrances.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

On me, this smells like a warm vanilla mixed with Tiare Flowers. Very tropical and exotic, this is one of the best vanilla fragrances I´ve ever tried. I love this scent, and the lasting power is great!

The bottle is so cute, and I think the price is so reasonable if we think about own this wonderful vanilla scent.

Totally recommended!

edlina
edlina

Long lasting, Intense VaniLLa , Cute & Adorable too!! Perfect for Vanilla Lovers as u'll get alot of Vanilla.. Yummy for all seasons :P ....

Suslique
Suslique

i love it, and i love the smell of pastry it gives yumm!

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

my mother gave it to me as a gift. I expect more in this perfume. But oh well, its not a nice vanilla perfume. I hate the dry down. It smell like a vanilla candle with incense and religious statues... Wait, I get it! It smells like church! :P

barbiot35
barbiot35

I can't understand what the people find so amazing in it? And i couldn't detect any fruit in, only vanilla, vanilla, vanilla and it gives me hunger with its PASTRY-LİKE scent...
Plus that,i give right to dolita, vanilla should be combine with anything, it is very "NUDE" in this perfume...

Kyrrah
Kyrrah

Lasts quite well. I combine it floral light fragrances like Kate Moss or SJP's Lovely to give it a deeper base. Bit too sweet for me to wear alone.

Migotka
Migotka

To be honest, much as I really like The Body Shop fragrances, I think this one is one of worst. It is pleasant, is it sweet, it is nice, it wont hurt your nostrils, but at the same time it lacks any distinctive features.
I have tried it on many times, and still can't remember a single thing about it.

golden
golden

I adore this and always get complemented on it.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Don't buy TBS Vanilla EDT if you're after a pure Vanilla - it's now mixed with musk, and florals so it's not like it used to be. This one is quite incensey.

Allegra
Allegra

One of the few vanilla scents around that smells pleasant and delicious without being too artificial, teeny, sweet and sugary. An adult woman can wear this too, it's not for teenagers only as many sheer vanilla fragrances tend to be. A good purchase I think.

Vanilla by The Body Shop 3.92 out of 5 based on 503 ratings and 80 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Vanilla fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about The Body Shop Vanilla, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanilla by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanilla by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.