Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanilla Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women

Vanilla Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women
dislike

Vanilla Perfume Oil by The Body Shop is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Top notes are lemon, peach, apricot and plum; middle notes are rose, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, ylang-ylang, tuberose and orange blossom; base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, amber and musk.

Lemon Peach Apricot Plum

Rose Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Ylang-Ylang Tuberose Orange Blossom

Sandalwood Vanilla Amber Musk

Vanilla Perfume Oil Fragrance Reviews

CheriJB8
CheriJB8

Are there any fragrances out there that come close to this?

stellalove
stellalove

So many vanilla versions to review in one

The latest vanilla smells synthetic and chemical

The 2004-2010 very floral warm, perfect winter scent, spicy and complex

The pre 2004 version was pure sweet milk bottle vanilla, delectable like you could eat it, i remember smelling on my wrists in the 90s thinking it smells so good i could eat it!

On this note i remember back in 1992 smelling this gem in the round oil bar, also the glass jarred apricot lip balm was my other old fave....

superminx
superminx

I love the original vanilla. Please see my profile for a link to a petition to bring this back.

matereac9
matereac9

a favourite all rounder. wear this any day of the year and it suits. warming in the winter, but manages to stay light for the summer. in winter i often layer this with BS's vanilla EDT and it lasts all day and more. sad that this has been changed. i'm glad i stocked up

nyalta77
nyalta77

Evolution and moving with the times, just like fashion, perfumes follow the trends. I am a lover of the original Vanilla Oil. I wish I had not taken the fact that it would always be available for granted. Why wouldn't it be? It was perfection. "Purity" has given way to demand and there will always be "demand". I hope, as they have done with other classic fragrances, they will bring "her" back one day, my untainted, unspoilt goddess (perfume)!!

This oil was one of my Staples for a period when I was... mmm...yes, 16 years old.
I went to UK, TBS was something very new then and we all girls spent time there.
I really loved the oils but most of them were not nice at all. I bought a small bottle of vanilla and happily used it. I only dabbed 2-3 drops on neck and the bomb came out!
Everyone commented about. It filled the air in a bakery way.
It lasted for ages on skin and around.
Thinking about it now it was not such a big deal, maybe childish, a very simple scent that reeked of fake vanilla, but it was so much better than other vanillas!
It was intriguing but nothing great back then and it's a disaster now.
I smell a vague hint of this in Hypnotic Poison which I loath!

Ksantina
Ksantina

The new version is ok, but it cannot compare with original one.
The original is the best.

MartineLanthier
MartineLanthier

* See SorceressOfTheDArk's review. Perfect!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

My review is for the original Body Shop Vanilla Oil with the black cap. It was a dark oil that was strongly scented. I went through many bottles of it back in the 1990's and still have one left. Now on Ebay they are asking exorbitant dollar amounts for this original delectable scent and there is a reason why. If you were privy to it and remember it, there is nothing comparable to the original. I have searched since then for another vanilla and have not found anything anywhere near it yet.
The Vanilla Oil was a deep, scintillating gourmand that heightened people's awareness of what a true vanilla was without other notes mixed in. It didn't have any cloying sweetness to it. Nor did it have any florals that would interfere and mix with the scent. Its drydown would come and you would simply smell a warm, delicious slightly burnt vanilla that hinted of caramel, maybe of buttercream, but nevertheless, the amber kept the sweetness creamy and mellow. It was pure vanilla extract. It was a sexy vanilla, not a youngster's vanilla. It was almost a dangerous perfume to some men when applied. The sillage was strong and it lasted just about until you showered it off. It was a perfume that seemed to meld into your own skin.
One time, I was walking into my Doctor's office. He was holding the door for me, and as I walked past him, he sniffed the air and said, "Ahhh...there's the scent I crave so much." I turned and looked at him with surprise(and some horror, I might add). I think he surprised himself when he said that, and stuttered, "I meant...is somebody baking cupcakes?" And then kind of laughed. That's when I knew the scent had some type of power. And so did my husband who was behind me. Needless to say, I never wore it again to that Doctor's office. It was that type of perfume tho. It made people sit up and take notice and comment. They would inhale and make some type of remark. It's one of the few perfumes I own that always garnered remarks. Some that were decent and some that were not so decent.
Such a shame times have changed and they had to reformulate it. It was a beauty and I treasure the miniscule amount I have left of the original. The 2nd and 3rd versions are nothing like the original Body Shop Vanilla.

CycoEva
CycoEva

I wore this THE ORIGINAL BODY SHOP VANILLA OIL and the "fuzzy peach oil" in the 1990s. I think both have been discontinued as they are $45 and up per ounce on amazon and ebay with stock quickly dwindling. They have been replaced with new products THAT ARE NOT THE SAME. THE NEW PRODUCTS ARE HORRIBLE QUALITY COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL BODY SHOP OILS!

khyrull
khyrull

I just bought this today, i want to smell yummy and i like this vanilla scent.

evesoho
evesoho

In my early-mid twenties I alayered fuzzy peach oil - my favourite! - with the vanilla oil. The fuzzy peach had a herbal spiciness to it, reminded me of marijuana sometimes, which I loved, since I've always found the scent of marijuana appealing as long as it's from a distance! I miss fuzzy peach so much. It was a sexy combination, at least that's what some men led me to believe!

dezaval
dezaval

I used to wear it back in the early '90s! At that time, it was 100%, pure vanilla! It was unbelievably sensual and exotic! It would last many hours (well, I dare to say 2-3 days!) and everybody would notice it. Definitely a head-turner! The truest vanilla perfume ever! None of nowdays vanilla fragrances smells like that...Even the most expensive ones. Why, on earth, do they discontinue such fragrances and perfume oils?

Thepeacefulone
Thepeacefulone

I love this Vanilla perfume oil! Very warm, cozy and cheap, I love pairing it with different perfumers.

eludiastar
eludiastar

I absolutely ADORE(D) this perfume, I used to get loads of compliments for wearing it & most guys went MAD for it! But The Body Shop in the UK have discontinued it & replaced it with a Vanilla Flower perfume that smells so unbelievably overdone (many other cheap perfumes smell the same), it's nothing like this Vanilla perfume. It is so hard to find a true Vanilla perfume in the UK now this has gone.

BRING BACK THIS ORIGINAL VANILLA OIL PERFUME BODY SHOP UK!!!

Nicolla
Nicolla

I love the smell of Vanilla oooh my how do I get this one, I am in Kenya?

NainaZlkf
NainaZlkf

I really in LOVE with Vanilla and this perfume. Feels like to eat it every time I spray. And my friends love to hug me! :D

libbyanne
libbyanne

I had this year's ago and I hope it smells as good now as it did then.
Smells a tad bit like an air spray in the best way possible. You will smell like something to eat.
Nom nom

LTatt
LTatt

I was a fan of the original more so than this one. When I wore the original to work, people often commented. One workmate said I made her crave milkos, a sweet much like a redskin only vanilla.

Since the recipe change, the new one no longer smells sweet on my skin. I can still smell vanilla but my nose keeps wanting to compare to the old one. It is a very long lasting scent though; a little goes a very long way.

Rosenrot
Rosenrot

Love love love this perfume, I have 3 of them so I don't run out. It lasts all day on me where as most expensive perfumes last 2 hours. Powdery vanilla is what I smell and I hope it never changes.

dulcedeleche
dulcedeleche

i have 3 back-up perfume oil bottles just incase this gets discontinued! need i say more on how much i adore this? i'm still going to collect more back-up bottles actually.hahahaha! it's a warm and cozy scent.first application,you get the fruity notes but the dry down is wonderful! it's not too sweet, at sometimes it can turn soapy on me. i love wearing this when i'm wearing a sweater and a scarf, my friends would hug me nonstop just to smell this fume. it works very well with my body chemistry!i love it!!!

amnaw
amnaw

Had this in early 2000. Wore it at work & everyone thought I was wearing Vanilla extract/essence. Used it to fragrance my wardrobe after that.

PerfumeFragrance01
PerfumeFragrance01

An OK warm vanilla scent. I wear this in the summer because it doesn't contain alcohol (which makes your skin uneaven when exposed to the sun). Guys tend to fall for this scent, but my current boyfriend told me it smelled like scented candle.

Lily Of The Walley
Lily Of The Walley

I loved the original product, I found it more pure than this one, so...I'm disappointed to the new version.

Ellie_Love
Ellie_Love

This (the reformulated version) is THE CLASSIEST vanilla scent I have ever tried. I only like vanilla in some scents, since I find it very cloying in most perfumes. This one however is perfect. Classy, sensual, and comforting, all in one! It's very versatile, from a comforting winter scent while curling up with a good book, or a sensual scent for the bedroom (;

Shwets
Shwets

This review is for the reformulated vanilla oil (2005). I would love to have tried the original. The one i have is fabulous to layer with other fragrances as it lasts all day on me.

I just wear the vanilla oil on its own and the sillage is incredible. As it settles i dont get much of florals but a warm foody (but not overly) and ambery vanilla. This is one fragrance i can actually wear when my allergies flare up.

If anyone has the original and current version please could somebody compare the dry down of both.

grazzia
grazzia

I have just recently discovered the pleasures of this little bottle because there are no The Body Shop stores in my country. I adore vanilla and I just needed to have a bottle of its sweetness in my collection.

The scent itself is very warm and cozy. This is rich vanilla and it reminds me of scented candles. The lasting power is quite good too; it lasts 6-8 hours on my skin.

The best thing for me is the possibility of layering this one with other scents of my small collection. It blends very nice with many of them and elongates their staying power (which is fantastic if you have dry skin like me).

SS79
SS79

Revisited this after forgetting I had this in my collection!! I do have the newer version... I really enjoy it... I like to layer it with Guess by Marciano.. blends well together.. and makes the guess stay longer on my skin... comforting and warm ;-)

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

This is a great addition to my collection, and also pairs well with many of my perfumes.

I particularly love pairing this with CK Obsession & Jean Paul Gaultier Classique.

Hmmmm I should try this with Dior Hypnotic Poison... I will get back to you on that one.

PS. holy hell with the drama in this review thread...

ANGELICA07

Synthétique, please learn to read because you are talking nonsense : just open a dictionary and read the meaning of "insult" because I have far too much respect and education ot insult ANYBODY !!

I have never pull you to do ANYTHING : you decided to answer so assume.
Blaming the others and then saying them to grow up is such a absurd thing.

Wishing you the REAL sense of respect for 2012 and the upcoming years : we are here to talk about fragrances, not to blame people who don't have the same opinion as ours so stop polluting this place !!

synthetique

Adding an addendum because ANGELICA07 decided to pull me into this stupid conversation: grow up and stop insulting other members. If it's such a big deal, grow up and message them privately. We came here to read frag reviews, not to hear you freak out because you're so oversensitive to a perceived lack of "respect."

Now, if we can get back to the perfumes! Geez.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

This is a review of the Vanilla Perfume oil of the Body Shop Circa 2003 (as written in the bottles I own) The one with the black cap, and dark yellow juice.

I've heard a lot of raves on the "original" Vanilla, and how the formulation has changed in the new one (white cap, clear juice), I have no idea if the type I own is the "original" Vanilla that fans have been raving about, all I know that it smells a lot better and is longer lasting than the one TBS sells today.

The Vanilla range has been discontinued in the Philippines last 2007. At that time Ive been using the Vanilla Oil everyday for four years already. I've used 2 30ml bottles of this fragrance, and halfway through the third bottle (and I still have 1 unused 30ml bottle of this precious oil) since I have other Vanillas and gourmands in my collection. I use this sparingly now that it has been discontinued.

I love this, this fragrance has sparked my obsession with everything gourmand, as I only came across the other gourmand scents in my hopes of finding a substitute should my stash of TBS Vanilla oil run out.

Sweet, foody, warm and spicy, a little goes a long way. 2 dabs on my wrists and in between my breasts and I'm good to go, the fragrance would stay with me til I take a bath. It is also good for layering as it warms any other fragrance that I wear with it. The old TBS perfume oils are incredibly well formulated. The one I had since 2003 hasn't turned rancid, smells the same today as the day I bought it. Actually I would like to believe that like wine, it improves with time. (considering that the wand used to dab on pulse points comes in contact with the skin and its contaminants).

This fragrance is delicious, it is easy to be carried away and overapply. One has to be careful. Done right, this can become an aphrodisiac. Over applied, however, it can be migraine inducing.

flowermom
flowermom

i have used this since i started working in the body shop over 20 years ago, i was there when it was launched, & im still wearing it...the smell HAS NOT changed that much, anyone would think from reading many reviews on body shop vanilla, that it originally smelt of "apples" & now it smells of "oranges" (using an example)sure, its now abit "fruitier" but thats it..it still smells of vanilla....silage is ok, it blends in well with many other perfumes to give a more "individual smell"...try it, still rate it as one of the top vanilla perfumes x

ANGELICA07

Synthétique, I wonder if you have read my post .... LOL !!
I just can't bear non-respect : sorry if it doesn't please you but I always say what I think.

synthetique

This is a simple but unusual (as far as vanillas go) perfume with fruity notes of plum and peach. I was expecting this to be more gourmand than it is, so I was surprised by the number of fruit and floral notes that make up the top notes of this fragrance. Oddly enough, even with the amber I view this to be a "cool vanilla" rather than a warm fragrance, and when I catch whiffs of the oil throughout the day, I think of plum and almond before I think of vanilla. Not my favorite perfume, but it's pleasant enough.

(By the way, ANGELICA07 you need to calm the heck down. It's just perfume...let's keep the subject on perfumes, people, okay?)

To luxatron, from one of those "silly" and "ignorant" reviewers :

First of all, this is a place where people come to give their piece of advice about fragrances, not to have arguments.
Meanwhile, I thank you so much :-D for all the respect you demonstrate in your message telling other people which don't agree with you blaming them : that's really what I call .... non-education !!

Then, I wanna once again thank you :-D because, right in the middle of your messy review, I now know why the reformulated version is and keeps being, whatever you will say, a bad tamed-down version of the Original one.
But, the truth is that, whatever the IFRA decided, other fragrances seem to have kept their "sugary-sweet" note, so TBS'choice in the reformulation of this one was to mute it into a mass-market (yes, mass-market) one instead of studying how to keep it similar to the original one.

Coming to the point of mass-marketing, only if you did not enter in a perfumery store since 2000, you can't denie that fragrances tend nowadays to be more "general", more "common", less "decided" that they were before, in order to please the greatest number of people and consequently to make money.
And that's precisely why this reformulation ended to be what it is : a "diluted", tamed-down version of the strong and true vanilla it was, missing its original "sugar-cookie" note just because this was a note that could prevent some people from buying it. This vanilla is right in the line of the mass-marketed perfumes, formulated in a way not to offend anybody : it has lost all of its originality to become a perfume that smells just like tons of other ones that you can smell in the perfumery stores.

And this is the precise reason why all the silly reviewers below, including myself, blame it.

To conclude, wishing to be clear : the problem is not whether to love or not to love a fragrance, the problem is about talking about the fragrance and not, as you did, luxatron, to attack people who don't agree with you.
It's a nice thing that the present reformulation can please some people : if they have found in it their Vanilla, good for them. What about the others, like myself, their Vanilla HG search carry on.
Last but absolutely not least : the next time you disagree with other reviewers' message, I strongly recommend you to use the "down" finger below the reviews to mark their messages instead of polluting the topic with silly attacks.
I'm not gonna answer anymore to you : it is not the purpose of this topic and, whatever, I have said all what I have to say.

Angelica07, "silly" and "ignorant" reviewer and proud to be !!
:-D :-D

luxatron
luxatron

First of all: Yes, this oil doesn't smell as foody and cakey as it used to, BUT it's not because The Body Shop is just trying to "mass-market" this perfume, no matter what the reviewers below say. TBS Vanilla Perfume Oil, along with just about every perfume with vanilla in it, was reformulated because of IFRA guidelines which state that perfumers are only allowed to use a certain amount of vanillin anymore. That means that TBS had to lower the amount of vanilla in the oil in order to comply with guidelines. And anyway, the whole "mass-market" trend right now IS for cakey foody smells, so if anything this is a move *away* from mass-market trends, not toward them! *shakes head*

As for the scent: It does still smell pretty cakey, but yes, it's not as cakey as it used to be. There is a strong almondy component to it, and it smells a lot like a vanilla almond cake.

I still think this perfume is worth trying, at the very least, no matter what the other reviews say. Yes, if you haven't tried the old version, you don't know what you're missing, but I wouldn't write it off entirely if you haven't tried the original. Personally, I wouldn't buy a bottle of this because I can't get over how different it is from the original, but for people who haven't tried the original I wouldn't write it off entirely.

ANGELICA07

First of all, let me tell you that I loved the ORIGINAL one : that reformulation is just mass-market targeted and completely uninteresting because it just fails as much to be a true vanilla as much to be something relevant.
This is a very good exemple of how industry can adulter some true gems : such a shame !!

Being nowadays in search of my (new) HG pure vanilla (the sweetest, the most sugary, the most confectionery, the "cookiest" one), I am aiming to find the one which comes closer to the original TBS Vanilla.

Could people who knew the original one please tell me which fragrance(s) come the closest ^^ to it please ?

Thank you.

P.s. : You can answer here (as I don't seem to be the only one in search for an original-like version ^^) or PM me if you prefer.

Rya301
Rya301

I really really love it!!! As im a vanilla scent lover, this one it just a really the right one for me! LOve love LOVE it! ;D

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

I love vanilla and this perfume oil is the best I've ever tried. It is a cheery sweet scent without being overwhelming to me. Long-lasting from morning till night, even taking a shower I still smell it and receiving a lot of complimments is great, specially from kids that most of the time say that I'm a walking milkshake haha

This is a very cozy (albeit simplistic) vanilla scent. It can get cloying if over-applied, but a few drops strategically placed makes this one an aphrodisiac that men instantly respond to. I normally don't like vanilla, but this one is tolerable and even enjoyable in small amounts. The opening is abit unpleasant, sort of 'plasticky' and lemony, but give it 15 minutes for the top notes to fade...once you let this oil melt into your skin, the scent evolves into a very warm and sensual moist vanilla (very different from the EDT which smells somewhat cheap). The Body Shop's Vanilla Perfume Oil is quite an intimate, comfortable scent and does not have much of a sillage in spite of its syrupy sweetness, but then again it is not meant to, it's one of those 'for his nose only' scents if you get my drift. Longevity is decent, around 3-4 hours, but layered over the matching body lotion, I get a solid 6-7 hours from it. Another great thing about the perfume oil is that I can mix it with my unscented leave-in hair conditioner, and I end up with delicious smelling hair all day long!

So overall, it's a very nice scent and worth a try, especially if you're on a budget, but I don't know if I want to re-purchase it. On one hand, it is not really my type of scent, on the other hand, this is one of those very few scents that drives my man up the wall and gets him all hot and bothered when I wear it, so I tend to save this one for intimate use. I suppose if I do repurchase it would be for his sake. A very good thing it is so inexpensive! :D

fieryriery
fieryriery

I have this Vanilla Perfume Oil, almost 3 years and now I'm thinkin' about giving it to my ffriend who's still looking for it (it's discontinued long ago). :)
Smells like cake, and it is one of the strongest aphrodisiac. :D

hollsmeister
hollsmeister

I loved it! it was cheap but still felt like it was going to last long, until i lost it :( And now i can't get it again because they closed down the body shop, but i recommend this to all vanilla lovers. It brings back memoriiies

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

Very long lasting, pleasant smell. As a lover of the original vanilla fragrance from The Body Shop, I was a little hesitant to buy this but I'm glad I did. Use sparingly and be careful not to get any on your clothes as being an oil, it can stain them. It should be able to be washed out but until you get your clothes in the wash, removing the stain by other means is near impossible (from my experience, anyway).

I still do prefer the original vanilla which was more gourmand than floral, as this one does contain floral notes which are more noticeable than the actual vanilla sometimes. :(

vanillafleurfelicity
vanillafleurfelicity

wow do i have some sweaty memories with this one :ppp

mjqueen
mjqueen

mmmm good for a warm day ill be buying to layer and just a dab here and there mmmm nice i almost bought jessica simpson fancy because of the vanilla but it turned into a cloying, too sweet because it has a caramel note as well bad together! too much food at once i cant wait to layer this with versace baby rose jeans (pink bottle) i think it will be perfect together

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I went to the mall today specifically looking for a plain vanilla, one I could layer with other scents or wear alone. I tested this and the first thing that came to mind was
plastic. I turned my nose up at it and immediately went and bought Lavanilla Pure Vanilla instead.

Fragrant_Fairy
Fragrant_Fairy

I love this perfume and always have, although I loved it a lot more when it was in the old bottle for some reason it seems a lot different to me. I have been wearing it since high school, and i haven't had many perfumes i have carried through for years but i have with this, plus it's easy to mix. Keep it away from the neck if you plan on being kissed there, APPARENTLY it doesn't taste so nice.

Delicious Girl
Delicious Girl

This is my go-to fragrance anytime of the year! I specially love the touch of toasty creamy Vanilla on a cold winter day to warm myself up. It is not a monotonous Vanilla perfume oil, it has a character to it. I can appreciate the citrus, blended with some delicious fruity notes. The florals really compliment the Vanilla without making it too sweet. I just love the dry down, warm, comforting delicious Vanilla which lasts all day long.

I love the perfume oil form of it as it is more intense and long lasting than the EDT which has no lasting power on me whatsoever.

I love to layer this oil on some fragrances that smell too sweet and too floral, just to balance them off with the warmth of vanilla.

maimoyditsa
maimoyditsa

i love this oil!! all the time they ask me "oh! what perfume do you wear its very sensual!" its worth the money because it last and stay all day!

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

guest_ : Many people react allergicly on essential oils blends. On me for example it causes a burning feeling & eczema. There's much much more polluting stuff than perfume. Better to for example don't own a car than to use perfumes..

(above is my answer to what a guest wrote just under: Quote "...all those perfume oils and adt are pollution for your body and the envieromment. Use essential oils blends with carrier oil...a healthy choice")

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

OMG! I absolutely love love love this!!

The scent is soft, sweet and warm vanilla mixed with tropical flowers (like tahitian gardenias). It makes me feel sexy and special, I like this exotic sensation very much!

The lasting power is great, I guess this is because of the texture of the fragrance.

Perfect for anytime, but I use it in spring and summer (day and night). It´s wonderful to smell this scent in summertime!

TO rainydaze:

My oil is like in the picture; but this is because is new. In TBS the woman told me that when you open the bottle, the oil becomes yellow after a couple of months. This is normal, and the scent doesn´t change (maybe it becomes a bit stronger, but is the same).

juliamarchwicka
juliamarchwicka

A very enjoyable fragrance, one that can be worn universally.

It's not too sweet, just on the edge. The citrus fruits are rather obvious but fade after ten or fifteen minutes to reveal a softer scent that lasts for a longer period of time.

This perfume oil is fun to mix with others, such as the cassis rose from the body shop, and the small bottle last a vary long time.

guest_marrius_arcoiris@hotmail.c
guest_marrius_arcoiris@hotmail.c

HOLA!!!!!
SOY DE URUGUAY...(PUNTA DEL ESTE)
HACE UNOS AÑOS EN UN VIAJE A ESPAÑA CONOCI...BODY SHOP....INMEDIATAMENTE ME ENAMORE DE SUS FRAGANCIAS NATURALES....VANILLA..Y SATSUMA BODY BUTTER DE NARANJA....INCREIBLEMENTE
ADORABLE!!!!!SIEMPRE ENCARGO EN CADA VIAJE ALGUN AMIGO....PERO ULTIMAMENTE NO ENCUENTRAN EL OIL DE VANILLA...NI LA CREMA...
QUISIERA SABER ALGUNA MANERA DE QUE USTEDES PUDIERAN ENVIARME....
SOY NATURISTA Y VEGETARIANA ...Y ESTAS FRAGANCIAS PARA MI, SON PARA EL ALMA...ESPERO REPUESTA...GRACIAS

9154mf
9154mf

I have hoarded many bottles (and spent alot of money) of the original Vanilla Oil from the 80's or early 90's, this is the one everyone loves (well maybe not everyone) but it is in my opinion the most perfect sweet beautiful pure vanilla. It is a real shame that they changed the formula and for anyone who never had the pleasure of smelling the original version, i truly feel for you. it was and still is divine. This version is crap.

I wasn't really interested in perfumes when the original formula was on the shelves, so I'm doing a review based on the reformulated version.

This is a rather complex fragrance for something that should only be vanilla and not much else. The Body Shop would learn a lot if they observed the ways in which Demeter compose their scents. Simplicity is often more.

I do happen to like the warmth and creaminess of the vanilla in this fragrance. Wearing this is quite comforting and cozy. However, there is a slight fruitiness that comes and goes at random intervals which puts me right off. Although the citrus notes are quite faint, they still have a strong presence next to the vanilla.

I would describe and class this scent as a gourmand seeming that it's rather foody and sweet. It reminds me a little of vanilla icecream, but in my opinion this is not appealing to my nose.

Perhaps if you layer this scent with a nice and delicate floral fragrance, it could smell passable, however I won't be buying this perfume oil, even at its inexpensive price, to try this.

miss_luna
miss_luna

I used to have it. Too sweet & strong that a friend told me I smell like pudding.

Never ever again.

alicektn
alicektn

Bought it in an impulsive moment, and it was a mistake. Pleasant, but too generic.

golden
golden

I'm disapointed it's changed. When did it change? I loved this oil perfume.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I used to wear TBS Vanilla Oil a few years ago. I decided to buy another bottle recently & luckily smelt it before purchase. To my surprise it did not smell the same anymore! The Sales Assistant told me that they changed the formula a couple of years ago.

It used to be a delicious gourmand "pure" Vanilla. It now has floral notes, which is bizarre for a "Vanilla Oil". It smells very generic & is a shadow of what it used to be.

I am extremely disappointed that they would ruin such a unique oil. I now will never buy this again.

I hear it's going to be discontinued - is it because they changed it? I think so!

wildflower
wildflower

very warm, and a bit unusual vanilla.

Vanilla Perfume Oil by The Body Shop 4.25 out of 5 based on 205 ratings and 61 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Vanilla Perfume Oil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop Vanilla Perfume Oil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanilla Perfume Oil by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanilla Perfume Oil by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.