Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

White Musk® Sun Glow The Body Shop for women

White Musk® Sun Glow The Body Shop for women
dislike

The Body Shop is launching a collection of three limited edition perfect for the upcoming summer.

Three famous perfumers worked on the collection, to depict the scents of summer: Dominique Ropion, Loc Dong and Domitille Bertier. The new fragrances are actually new versions of Love Etc...™, Dreams Unlimited™ and White Musk®, but this time with a juicier, more energizing and more tropical touch.

White Musk® Sun Glow is a fresh and sensual perfume, enriched with lemon, peony, sandalwood and musk. This elegant and sensuous fragrance is perfect for summer nights. The fragrance is poured in sunset-color flacon: purple-orange. Domitille Bertier mentioned lemon and amber as key ingredients in the new version.

Sun Fresh and Sun Kiss have been available as 50 ml EDT and 250 ml body spray (body puree), while Sun Glow has been available as 60 ml EDT and 250 ml body spray since April 2012.

Musk Sandalwood Amber Lemon Peony

White Musk® Sun Glow Fragrance Reviews

fefeta
fefeta

my favourite summer fargrance , it's fresh and soft,hope that bodyshop relaunch it again <3

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Clean as white linen sheets that just came out of the laundry machine/dryer.
It's nice, but nothing we haven't smelled before.
Very weak staying power & sillage.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Upon application, I was going to guess orange and neroli as the notes; I see lemon and peony, so I guess I was right sensing the floral-citrus combination. It's lightly sweet, and the musk gives a sun-kissed, lightly-perspiring, warm-skin kind of vibe to the fragrance. It has almost a dry, sun-baked kind of scent at the start.

In a way, it reminds me of a watered-down Cinema (Cinema after a dip in the pool, maybe) or Far Away Bella by Avon, which is a clementine-magnolia musk that is also very light.

White Musk Sun Glow is a light, airy, "beachy" kind of scent. It is inoffensive but more unique than a plain white musk. Sillage is low-modest and longevity is only about 3 hours (even with me spilling half the contents of a ml decant onto my arms). Nothing terribly special, but a fun "spring break" perfume.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Lemon is the major player in White Musk Sun Glow for me. The opening is zesty thanks to lemon, and it's still quite perceptible even though the fragrance quickly settles into a subtle powdery scent with peony and musk. Amber and sandalwood are soft, just enough to hold the scent to the ground. The combination of lemon and powdery floral notes actually reminds me of Bvlgari BLV Notte pour Femme with galanga less evident.

This is a lovely and affordable fragrance for a carefree day in spring and summer. However, its performance is a major drawback. With its 3-4 hours longevity and extremely sheer and close to skin sillage, and considering it's not that unique, even if it's on sale, I'm sure there are other similar fragrances with better performance.

Most of all I feel in this fragrance not ideal peony and lemon notes. It reminds me sour typical quality by Avon's fragrances. I don't like it.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

I surprisingly like this. I got it for around 16 usd for the 60ml edt bottle. A really clean musk. Think cotton sheets freshly laundered in lemon water, if that makes sense. Truly uplifting under the scorching tropical sun.

Safiah9558
Safiah9558

Nothing special, i wear it at first day and i dislike the smell, but i give more times about 3 days thinking that i might be like it some more, but sadly i hate it! then i give it to my brother...

vanillary29
vanillary29

On my skin, this starts off with a blast of sandalwood and lemon. Then the peony and amber come into play, and mellow out the entire thing. Drydown is musky and powdery. Though this is a summer flanker, I would love to wear it in winter too. This is a perfect balance of the sophisticated nuances of the original white musk and the playfulness of the fruity-florals that we see today in abundance.

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

@stitchkin if you are looking for a perfume that smells the same but lasts longer, look no further than Chanel Chance "Eau Tendre". This is exactly the same! I fantasised about getting eau tendre for a while but we all know what the Chanel price tag is like :-( so i was chuffed to find this by chance one day at a snip of £5!!

stitchkin
stitchkin

i LOVE the way this smells. Alas, the smell dissipates so quickly. I'm now searching for something that smells similar, but lasts longer

fofie1990
fofie1990

Sadly, this perfume does not last very long... After 30 minutes, it's gone... :( Much prefer the "Body shop Jasmine"!!

ailishlu
ailishlu

I must say it is a really pretty fragrance but it´s gone within half an hour. I´m so disappointed. I´d hoped for some better longevity. I´ve been spraying all day and I still can´t seem to smell it myself unless I put my nose to my wrist. The worst thing is that I think I´m terribly allergic to the musk. I can hardly breath a few minutes after I spray and my nose is so blocked. I´m so sad. I don´t think I can keep this one. I have the same problem with White Musk. It must be the reformulation. Wasted money I`m afraid.

halecelik
halecelik

It is a light, fresh scent but it is not as musky as it has to be. And its longevity is so poor, in 20 minutes it dissepears.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This scent is a little too musky for my taste. It is similar to the two other limited edition summer EDTs from the body shop. I didn't think any of the summer editions were anything special.

noori
noori

Intensive lemon, then the sandal tries to take over, and sometimes it wins, sometimes the lemon comes back, then the musk enters. Peony and amber are in the background, and they don't seem to want to come forward. Nice scent, but that lemon... maybe with something other than lemon, this would be a new love, but still a nice fragrance for the summer, and a good choice, too, if you like it.

lilou
lilou

I love White Musk line, but I'm disappointed : this summer version is so common, nothing special. Citrus is too present and musk not enough.

White Musk® Sun Glow by The Body Shop 3.89 out of 5 based on 74 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop White Musk® Sun Glow fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop White Musk® Sun Glow, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White Musk® Sun Glow by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White Musk® Sun Glow by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.