Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women and men

Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women and men
dislike

Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil by The Body Shop is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features cedar, sandalwood, cloves, patchouli, amber, musk, tonka bean, vanilla and french labdanum.

Cedar Sandalwood Cloves Patchouli Amber Musk Tonka Bean Vanilla French labdanum

Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil Fragrance Reviews

Repogirl
Repogirl

I love love love layering this with other fragrances - my favorite being this combination: Woody Sandalwood, Night Jasmine (TBS), and Skin Musk oil. These three together make one amazing scent. I use this with others too like Samsara to give it that extra boost of sandalwood/spicy goodness. Since this is discontinued, I had to pay a bit more than I wanted to but it was well worth it IMO.

mi55anthr0py
mi55anthr0py

Got this back when I was around 18 or 19 at a Body Shop location where one could sample the fragrance oil offerings at a black circular counter in the middle of the store. Loved the deep, rich warmth of the oil, and it didn't give me an instant headache/sinus attack like most of the popular loud, heavy commercial scents of that era. I wore this to work at one of the various office temp jobs I found myself stuck in back then, until one evening when my mom took me aside very kindly and let me know that I smelled like cheese. Yikes! As a (more than mildly-OCD) hygiene fanatic, I was appalled. I showered at least once a day back then, so I knew that the off-putting, "cheesy" note that Mom was detecting had to be the sandalwood melding horribly with my skin chemistry. I immediately stopped wearing it and threw it away, mortified that I'd thought myself sexy and bohemian while wearing the oil, while my co-workers were probably gagging in their cubicles. Urff. To this day, I'm terrified of wearing *any* fragrance that's got a sandalwood note (which seems to be most of them!), for fear of reeking of B.O. :(

Fraichey
Fraichey

I just managed to get a small decant of this online and it is really such an amazing sandalwood scent. The decant I have is the pre-reformulated version.

Definitely unisex, this is spiced sandalwood with the slightest sweet whiff of vanilla/tonka rounded nicely with musk and patchouli.

Warming, comforting, and alluring. This smooth and confident sandalwood fragrance should still be made! It is perfume oil only, so longevity is only ~ 5 hours, but projection is very good (~3 feet).

rowan.walters
rowan.walters

I used to like this in my teens - I used to apply a drop to pulse points before layering with the old Crabtree & Evelyn Extract of Mysore Sandalwood. In retrospect I simply don't understand how it was possible to think that sandalwood smelled like this foul concoction.
I recently came across a bottle of this stuff and now I simply cannot understand the appeal.
For one thing it smells absolutely nothing like sandalwood, nor is it even very woody.
Did it always smell vile or is my memory playing tricks on me?
Ick. It is utterly revolting.
Mistakes, however, are essential on the road to experience, if not wisdom.

endge
endge

Great on its own, but the best part for me is that it layers great with almost anything, adding oomph and depth, smoothing the edges. Layered with Estee Lauder Beautiful Love I get something very similar to Ormond Jayne Woman. Baseless and screeching Rumeur develops a smooth and rich heart with it. It even makes Red Door wearable by taking the sourness out of it.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

my Mother very kindly gifted me a huge, full glass bottle (with a black square shaped lid) as she had it sitting in the back of her drawer since the 90s. having always coveted this oil and grown up associating the smell of sandalwood with her, this gift was most happily received. perfect on its own or layered with other fragrances. you only need a little bit as it goes a long way and lasts for many hours. starts strong, soapy, woody, balsamic and even a bit spearmintish (pretty sure that's not a word.) i detect cinnamon in this after a few hours, and the suggestion of white ground pepper.

amazing how this perfume oil has aged so many years and yet remains true to its fragrance profile since creation decades ago. anyone that has this oil in their collection no doubt has fond memories when wearing it.

thegirlnextdoor
thegirlnextdoor

Few years ago I was able to buy this little bottle again. It has been of the market before. I'm half way my bottle now, not using it much....scared at some day the bottle will be empty. They should bring it back. Don't know why they ever stopped producing it in the first place. Lovely scent, very long lasting, authentic, warm.

ambrwlf51
ambrwlf51

I add just a hint of the Body Shop's Patchouli to this to make a scent I have been wearing for 20 years.

Elsee
Elsee

I just tried this with Samsara as Ce11estion suggested. Okay, so all I can say is "wow". Thanks for the post - this is fabulous! Adds a little heaviness to the mix if that makes any sense! :)

freebyrd006
freebyrd006

Patchouli from the body shop is a signature scent for me . I truly love it and have never had such possitive rsponse or attention from both sexes when I am out. I use to get for $15 bottle from the body shop but they no longer carry this. I've used perfume at $300 to 350 a pop which reminded me of my grandma and never had any compliments from these. Why is it the good scents for me die young.

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

Sandalwood with a real pencil shaving woodiness to the top note - that'll be the cedar no doubt.. nice retro warm snuggly safe feel, think it's gonna be a great base for my Samsara to give it some more kick, as if it needs it!

black_and_red
black_and_red

I like this, and it makes me nostalgic, also, as it's something my older sister used to wear. But for me there's something kind of synthetic/chemical about it which gives me a headache. I get the feeling it is not true sandalwood oil, but a fragrance oil? I would prefer to just use genuine sandalwood essential oil and mix it with some carrier oil, I think. But that's kind of awkward and sticky, and I never end up doing it. I have rose essential oil and intended on doing the same thing, but I never end up doing it.

I stashed this somewhere and was going to send it to my sister, but I don't know where I put it now. It does smell good, but I think it did smell like a reformulation of the one from the 90s. For me, like drinking coffee without sugar in it - there's a certain spot it just doesn't quite hit.

Funnily enough, the Body Shop fragrance oil I miss is the peach scented one! Normally I'm not one for girly scents OR artificial fruitiness, but there's something about peach which I really love. >.< They totally don't make it any more. I guess it would be really dated, almost 80s probably! But I would love some of that.

Only other complaint is the oil/applicator style. At first the oil has considerable power and sillage, but I don't think it's very longlasting. You never want the bottle to leak in your bag, trust me - but with this kind of product, spills are a possibility. The applicator used to be a sort of flexible plastic wand which was very inefficient in my opinion, and awkward. I always just dabbed directly from the bottle opening. The bottle itself is pleasing to me, squat, rotund and minimal, utilitarian but cool. I'll always associate it with a certain kind of boho early 90s coolness - wide leg jeans, indie bands, henna and so on.

Ishy
Ishy

Excellent Perfume, lasts very long. Its very sad that they dont make it anymore. Woody, Amber, Balmy, Powdery, just like how its described above. Reminds me of my childhood when my mum used to wear it. Great memories!

acavicchi
acavicchi

I really love this one depending on the season. When it's not too hot out, I find it a really warm, comfy and unique scent. The sandalwood is obviously strong, the patchouli is balanced and the cloves add an interesting spiciness to the scent. I find, though, when it's too warm, that the sandalwood, amber and patchouli tend to take on a bit of a stale smell and that's when it crosses over into more of a masculine scent to me.

Jodiej
Jodiej

BRING IT BACK....I LOVE THIS PERFUME.

SensualistGeek
SensualistGeek

I miss this. Please bring it back, Body Shop! Wonderful and easy (for days you feel like giving your nose a break from, often for me, difficult perfumes.)

this is a sweet, warm and woody perfume oil. this scent once applied in the morning lasts all day on me. i just keep smelling this warm goodness. very sensual and great for cool days.

I.I
I.I

I love it but I'm very sure that in my country it is defined only as a men's oil. Besides it is way too strong for a woman, IMO.

Exleftcoastgirl
Exleftcoastgirl

A little too woody for me. In the 1970's I bought a Body Shop "Sandalwood" that smells more delicate, less woody. I prefer it to Woody Sandalwood.

katiebisme
katiebisme

Tantalizingly sweet and warm scent. Very comforting. I'm layering it over a patchouli bath oil. I smell like a hippy and I'm happy!

a very good sandlewood oil. lasts all day. i get a lovely woody, amber, sweet jasmine bouquet. a couple of dabs on pulse points and behind ears goes a long way.

LovelySally
LovelySally

Beautiful! I love how "woody" it is. It is warm and puts me in a creative zone. They no longer make it:(
one of my favs!!

guest_Katya.
guest_Katya.

Reminds me of the more traditional Chypre perfumes, even a little of the timeless Channel no.5 yet this is more soft and sensual. Starts off almost smelling a bit like whiskey, very strong and masculine, but dries down to a more feminine scent where you can really smell the vanilla and amber. i think suits someone mature, as it really does exude sophistication and smells quite expensive. I'm 22 and I'm only just feeling ready for some of the stronger, powerful perfumes x

guest_Algirdas
guest_Algirdas

This is great perfume oil, I just took form my girlfriend this one, and I'm happy with...

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

agree with other reviewers. A very woody and atmospheric scent, which is undoubtedly unisex. More a spiritual scent than a sensual one, I think.
PS my husband has pinched this one off me and it smells really sexy on him!

I miss the old formulation.The new mix is thinner somehow and as other reviewers found, it doesn't last as long. The old mix is a gorgeous rich woody scent with a touch of spice, ending in that glorious labdanum note. It's a perfect autumn fragrance, rich with resin notes. I would consider it 100% unisex, though it lacks floral or sweet notes if that's your idea of feminine. A favorite. I wish they'd bring the old forumla back.

This is the first fragrance I've used that would really illicit compliments from almost every one. I love the fragrance. Before the recent change to the ingredients it used to last almost all day. Unfortunately, now it is barely noticeable except for just after I put it on. Somewhat disappointed...

Mim
Mim

I love it. It's warm, a bit sweet but very unique and different, very woody and pleasant. I don't like some perfumes from this group because they can be heavy and terrible, but this one is great. It doesn't last very long on my skin but it's truly beautiful. It is masculine but if you like sophisticated scents that smell like freedom, this one is for You.

guest_Andrea
guest_Andrea

I really like this one; it's such a complex, different kind of scent, the initial spiciness almost reminds me of fresh carnations but it dries down to a basic sandalwood that is a bit unisex.

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

Totally lives up to the name ! I really loved this when I was a teenager, it was a great antidote to all the ultra - girly, sickly sweet fragrances my contemporaries were wearing.
Dry and woody but with a definate warmth to it. There is something almost 'Opium' about it but without the aggresively sexual oriental notes.Could probably be described as more of a masculine than a feminine scent but I would reccommend it to women who dislike the cloying sweetness of some fragarances and prefer the dry notes of mens.

Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil by The Body Shop 4.39 out of 5 based on 105 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.