Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Enchanted Forest The Vagabond Prince for women and men

Enchanted Forest The Vagabond Prince for women and men
100ml EDP $180
1.5ml Sample $5

* Sold by: The Vagabond Prince Inc. All inquiries contact Customers Service.
 * Free United States shipping.
 * VagabondPrince.com accepts United States orders only. For International shipping please order from our partner, LuckyScent.

dislike

Enchanted Forest The Vagabond Prince for women and men Pictures Enchanted Forest The Vagabond Prince for women and men Pictures Enchanted Forest The Vagabond Prince for women and men Pictures

Enchanted Forest is inspired by the endless sea of Russian forests and fairytales, as well as the most sensual ancient Slavic celebration named Kupala, rooted in the times of darkness, when all on the Earth knew its soul and its name (often too powerful to be uttered in vain or at all). French perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour, the famous creator of fragrances for L'Artisan Parfumeur, Comme des Garçons and Penhaligon's, built Enchanted Forest around black currant, the smell and taste of which are so beloved in Russia and many other countries where it grows.

TOP: pink pepper, aldehydes, sweet orange (traces), flower cassis, blackcurrant leaf, hawthorn, effects of rum and wine, rosemary, davana.

HEART: blackcurrant buds absolute (by LMR from Grasse), CO2 blackcurrant (by Floral Concept from Grasse), Russian coriander seed, honeysuckle, rose, carnation, vetiver.

BASE: opoponax resinoid, Siam benzoin, amber, oakmoss, fir balsam absolute, Patchouli Purecoeur®, castoreum absolute, cedar notes, vanilla, musk. Enchanted Forest was launched in 2012.

Pink Pepper Aldehydes Sweet Orange Black Currant Blossom Black currant leaf Hawthorn Rum Red wine Rosemary Artemisia

Black Currant Coriander Honeysuckle Rose Carnation Vetiver

Opoponax Siam Benzoin Amber Oakmoss Balsam Fir Patchouli Castoreum Cedar Vanilla Musk

Blackbird
Spark for Men

Enchanted Forest Fragrance Reviews

LuizaNasta
LuizaNasta

Enchanted Forest is the smell of a big beautiful fragrant fir tree in a small wooden house that's surrounded by a forest. A freshly baked tart blackcurrant pie and red wine wait on the dinner table, where there is also a small vase of carnations and roses. The fireplace is burning, a cat is basking in its warmth. The window is open, and the fresh cold night winter air creeps in and fills each room. You look up at the stars, the dark night is enchanting, an owl hoots.

This fragrance embodies everything I love about Christmas.

As a child, my Christmases were always magical, with real candles, crooked trees, beautiful meals and reading Grimms' Fairy Tales at bedtime.

Every time I wear this perfume, I am overcome with acute nostalgia and instantly get teleported back in time.

kateapple
kateapple

Well, unlike many people here, I'm not a fan of this perfume, at least on my skin. I have to apply A LOT just to get the faintest bit of any berry or wine scents, and all fruitiness disappears quite quickly. After 15-20 minutes, I just smell like a Christmas tree, and it's like that til it's gone, really. I wish I could experience this perfume as wonderfully as so many of you seem to, but I really do just smell like a Christmas tree. Just a linear fir tree.

snowtree
snowtree

The number of reviews for this fragrance is dizzying! Pretty amazing. As for the fragrance, it gets better and better. The first wearing was a little bit strange, nothing new for a Douchafour creation. I get a bit of Serge's Fille mixed in with sweet black currant. What I find so attractive is that the scent up close is not the main beauty, it's the projection. The wafts of black currant are remarkable as it smells unique yet there is a comforting familiarity of a more commercial release such as Spicebomb or Diesel's Fuel For Life in the silage. Is it the CO2 that creates this effect? I don't know but it's a winner. Four out of five stars.

mapache
mapache

this one is a MASTERPIECE.
I have never smelled anything like it !!!
Words fail me........

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Enchanted Forest is a very complex fragrance. I love the opening and you can instantly smell the blackcurrant and red wine. The dry down is a mild spiciness, on me I can really smell the rosemary, castoreum and vanilla. It is sweet but powerful enough to get a whiff now and then. Perfect for the Fall and Winter.
I could see Lana Parrilla, the Queen from Once Upon A Time wearing this perfume.

dsty
dsty

When I first sniffed The Enchanted Forest, I almost laughed out loud, it's so strong and so different from anything else I've ever smelled.

The opening is sweet and medicinal and very green, even startlingly so; then after a while blackcurrant and wine come through; then more green, coniferous notes and something very faintly animalic. This doesn't sound very extraordinary but all the way through there's this strength, this force that melts all the elements together into something altogether unique that does make the name sound about right. As you might guess, it also performs quite admirably in projection as well as longevity.

I had a hard time deciding if I actually liked this when I first tried it in the summer, but I was definitely intrigued. And now that I'm wearing it in the fall, its true season I think, I find I really love spending time in this enchanted forest.

ebony5
ebony5

Extremely appropriate name. Dark green and deep but with a mysterious sparkle around the edges. Fir/pine/cedar/moss with black current are the most salient notes to me. The green woods lend a heavy crispness (dark green and soft) while the black current is sweet and rounds out the scent well. There are some dark alcoholic notes as well and I think my nose detects a little bit of anise or licorice although it is not listed in the note pyramid. Black currant gets stronger on the dry-down and although it never quite dominates the woods, it does become much more prominent as time goes on.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

Enchanted Forest opening is very similar to an old cheapie, Liz Claiborne’s Spark for Men. I loved Spark when it first came out, but soon that honey and rum accord got old, and I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. EF isn’t any different, it smells nice enough at first application, but soon, VERY soon, becomes sickening. Overall, EF smells like rum and chili peppers; heavy, stuffy, choking. Give me some air!

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Wow! I love this fragrance, but I have to admit it reminds me of an expensive Christmas potpourri that I used to buy. Probably because the Balsam Fir is the most predominant note on my skin. I also get the black current and vanilla. It is really lovely - will definitely be getting a full bottle in December and scenting myself, my pillows, my clothes . . . Wow again! Love it! It does smell like Christmas magic and fairytales to me!

raw umber

One of my closest friends is from Chelyabinsk, and he says Enchanted Forest smells just like his grandmother's backyard. He walks around with his nose pressed to his wrist. Absolutely authentic.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

I was entrance by the reviews, so I bought a sample. Great idea, as I am one of the unlucky ones for whom this fragrance is a disappointment. After four tests, I get the green notes; herbal, mossy, and somewhat bitter. Of course, I get the slightly acrid urine note as well. Every single time. Lucky me! No fruity notes, no carnation, no sweet orange, vanilla or amber to soften the blow of being hit in the face repeatedly with boughs of astringent greenery. The drydown is swift, maybe after 1 1/2 hours so there's no longevity to speak of. Thankfully, the base is tolerable, with some rose and a bit of softer moss, vetiver and musk. Definitely test before buying! I do wish I could have enjoyed as do so many others.

mooglebuns

So, I did end up layering this with Demeter Thunderstorm, and wow! I feel like I'm sitting on the floor of a forest, hiding under a thick pine branch while a summer downpour goes on all around me. Perfect!

spidola
spidola

I’m trying to skip over my disliked note - black currant, and be objective…
It’s really a smell of a forest in north countries. I grew up in the country covered with pine and fir tree forests and gardens full of black currant bushes. Also my granny had them and I have drunk liters of its juice, have eaten jars of its jam and I have seen how to use the black currant leaves to conserve vegetables. The smell of black currant is so common for me…and it’s the main note in EF. It’s always present - from the top to the dry down. I can smell also pine and resins and something like incense. It gives a sensation of dark, inaccessible forest with enormous ancient fir trees…It's no light there and if you get enough courage for passing, you will get lost…

It’s definitely good, complex and worth-to-try perfume. If it goes to my dislike shelf, it’s only because the black currant happens to be unwelcome note for me.

mooglebuns

This smells like childhood adventures, when the forest was a magical place that went on forever and was my secret utopia. I can smell realistic pine needles, juicy dark berries growing on thick bushes, clean crisp air, damp undergrowth and fertile ground.

I'm always looking for perfumes that smell like the memories I made exploring the woods growing up as I've moved very far away from my home and the landscape is vastly different. I think this one will help me in my scent journey.

I believe tomorrow I am going to try layering this with Demeter Thunderstorm and see how it goes. In my mind, I'm hoping for the true scent of a forest after the rain.

I'm really glad I tried this one out and that it works with my chemistry.

pravda48
pravda48

Judging by reviews this scent appears to be VERY CHEMISTRY DEPENDENT, so I'll simply add that you really should test this if the notes appeal to you.

If you're unlucky you may get fruit cocktail, overly apparent aldehydes, or perhaps the dreaded blackcurrant catpiss.

But if you're lucky enough for this one to love you back... ohhh the beauty in store for you, my friend!

My personal experience involves an opening blast of cold coniferous forest air, fresh and almost overwhelmingly green and beautiful, absolutely entrancing in its realism. Stunning fresh-breeze type aldehydes meet deep (unripe) currants and pines of all types. The opening frequently makes me close my eyes and just sit in silence, meditating as if alone in such a place for a few minutes.

The drydown (@ about an hour) becomes a tad drier and more bitter, with the artemisia and some dry tannins a la cabarnet really coming forward on my skin. Now the currants are really more like what you can detect from a deep, dry red wine undertone, so I can see why wine is listed as a note. Dashes of peppery-woodsy vetiver (sometimes more so than others) and cedar come forward along with these other deep notes at this stage and it seems to stay this way until it fades out of my detection.

In short, I love it. It's beautiful, strikingly so, but admittedly I have chemistry that loves most berry notes and pines. My only gripe is that my skin seems to love to drink it as much as I love to smell it; I can detect it for only about 4 hrs. Again, it's absolutely worth sampling! Just cross your fingers and hope it loves you back ;)

ETA: lately my skin pulls the vetiver forward over the fresh greenness and currants which I don't care for as much, but this is a common problem. My skin amps vetiver and I dislike that >.< makes it more masculine and less fruity, this may be weather dependent though.

jeca

@Jerine123: it is available on luckyscent, for example ;o) No body lotion for sure, only eau de parfum 100ml ;o)

Jerine123

Has anyone heard when this will become available? Will it be sold in the US at a department store or?? This would make a great fall or winter scent and the black currant and cedar would be great during the holidays. Will they be making a body lotion? I received one of the samples and was thinking that it would become available soon or more news about the release date would show up on Fragrantica?

Subspace
Subspace

I should have known better, but I let myself imagine a greater scent than Enchanted Forest really is. The blackcurrant is up front from the first second until several hours later when I sadly admitted to myself that the smell was making me a bit sick.

I hoped for something baleful and dark, jammy blackcurrant quickly overtaken by Grimm's version of a forest. But it was just blackcurrant, and later, sweeter and more aldehyde-heavy until it was like standing next to a Britney Spears fragrance display. A very adolescent fragrance best worn by young women who like their cocktails slushy.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

A very well blended frag. The only 2 things I can pick out are black currant and pine trees. It really does remind me of its namesake, an enchanted forest. This is not something I would wear, so much as something I can smell a story in. Like literally, whenever I sniff this perfume I see a story in my head. I feel weird saying this, but this is a masterpiece.

ellementira
ellementira

From first sniff to the end, this scent engulfs me with Balsam Fir. Since I was born my family used Balsam Firs as the tree of choice for Christmas trees, so I am having a hard time disassociating this scent with Christmas, and thus I cannot imagine wearing it frequently in the summer months. Accompanying the very loud Balsam Fir note is an equally loud berry note, which I suppose is black currants based on the the notes but had I not looked it up I would have suspected black raspberry. The black currant note is a very edible one, rich and tasteful. Beneath the fir and berries, I smell a bit of cedar and moss, but not as much as I was expecting with the name of this scent being "Enchanted Forest." A forest has many smells to me, whereas this one presents two almost the entire time. A few hours in this scent produced an even sweeter note than the berry one on my skin, with the fir tempering down a bit to let the gourmand surface, but still being present. I did not get the animalistic notes, the patchouli, or any of the florals out of this. In all, I would love to own a bottle, but think that I would love it more if the balsam fir note was tempered down several notches to allow for the other notes to come through.

Q80
Q80

from all the reviews and notes i thought it will be a masterpiece perfume & it will be my signature as i was excited.... i just got the sample yesterday and honestly it was an extreme NORMAL perfume. the top note had the black current conquering over while it smells like a black current bubble gum, maybe artificially & delicious sweet, let's say a syrup that you can add to soft drinks. later the red wine and maybe the rum slightly appears a bit, and the rest is not there.
i was disappointed actually as the name of the perfume should be called to a masterpiece rather than a very common perfume. not my type of perfumes.

tinkmoi
tinkmoi

This goes on my skin strong, very fruity, fresh and tangy. I can discern the blackcurrant, fir and rosemary, then the cedar and coriander and bitter (not sweet as stated in notes) orange; that may be a combination of pepper and orange. On me.. this all combines to smell of passionfruit. Next comes some peppery carnation about 40 mins in and green, crushed leaves. For an hour or so this smells very bright, later it smells like a faint musk.. I get no woods at all apart from resinous fir in the opening.
A big like for me but as I purchased 30 ml in a split I will probably not pursue a full bottle. I'd like to try this in summer.

Scrilla
Scrilla

All I have to test of this is basically 1/15th of a ml I received from the lovely Vie Cafe. I have hoarded it for a while but realise I may lose the tiny amount to evaporation, so here goes!

Black currant is unabashedly the most prominent note in this fragrance right away. Juicy, dark and ripe with the unmistakable tang of cassis. Almost equally strong is the fir note. Juicy forest berries.

The fir is balsamic and resinous. As if I were walking through the forest and some tree sap stuck to my fingers. A little sticky (owing to the cassis as well, of course) but forest green pine at the same time. For forest lovers you should definitely feel nostalgic for lush fir trees.

When I sniff up close I feel a stinging in my nostrils. Perhaps this is the boozy quality? I can't speak to the scent of red wine as most wines smell different from one another. I do feel that stinging when I smell a wine with a high alcohol content, however.

When the scent is wafting towards you it is at it's most beautiful. Soft sweet cassis with luscious fir undertones reminiscent of Fille en Aiguilles. The sweetness is perfectly balanced and I think that it is because of a great blend, firstly, but also because cassis has one of the best types of acidic, tangy, bold sweetness.

In the dry down I get a spicy orange that reminds me of clove. My mother makes a liquer called quarante-quatre (44) by spiking 44 cloves into an orange and steeping it in vodka for 44 days. The dry down reminds me of that boozy sweet-spicy orange smell. With the fir still always in the background.

A very beautiful composition. Have another giveaway, Fragrantica! I want your juice and can't afford it right now!

anna.voulgari1
anna.voulgari1

This is a very familiar scent of black currants. When I first apply "Enchanted Forest" on my clothes, I smell rum, flowers and sensual spices as carnation, in addition to predominant note of black currants. This is a very precious perfume to me and I searched everywhere to buy a full bottle of it. For me it is impossible to enjoy perfumes without having this beauty in my collection. It starts of, with patchouli added after a few moments. The change from the top note to the darker tone is accompanied by occasional green elements. This is a masterpiece fragrance, with decent silage and projection and a good longevity of four hours on me.

kirtylou
kirtylou

This is a really deep, earthy scent. I can smell a mossy forest floor, pine needles, and dark juicy berries. I love my sample and wear it only when I'm wearing something else dark and mysterious. Perhaps one day I will purchase this fragrance, as it is quite lovely. Definitely not for those who prefer sweeter fragrances.

Vagabond prince enchanted Forrest.

Woah!!! my oh my!!!
Fruity blackberries, cassis, resins, rum, oakmoss, cedar that's what I get from enchanted Forrest. The rest of the notes are definitely in there...no doubt about it but are so well blended it's difficult to pull apart the complexity. Just one of those fragrances you can stand back and admire. This Forrest is definitely enchanted, it has the air of a fine wine about it bold deep & fruity just a brilliant, individual piece of work.
The dry down is gorgeous and gets more into the musty Forrest floor it becomes close to the skin and above all exudes quality.
Oooh it's gone a bit animal now a few hours in and I'm definitely getting civet and slightly decaying leaves...interestingly dark. The longevity on this is pretty average too!

Sherihan
Sherihan

Today I received sample, the black currant is definitely the dominant note, a real one, not the kind used in candy, although there is a big candy smell in the whole juice, but a healthy candy, made of real ingredients. 5 minutes and a strong mint note revealed, giving a refreshing effect, I think this note is the reason some reviewers describe it as "masculine", and I don't know how the leafy/minty note formed. It has the what I call Niche Category Characteristics, or let's shorten that as NCC. It is feminine for me,but not warm, I find it cold and innocent.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I was so pleased to win a sample of this! I'd been coveting one for a while, so thanks for the giveaway Fragrantica.
There are already lots of wonderful visual reviews of this scent, which should give you a clue about how good this is, but what's one more.
Enchanted Forest opens with a dark, biting and realistic blackcurrant leaf. In vial it smells like expensive red wine and castoreum absolute and on my skin the castoreum is definitely there with the blackcurrant, actually making a really good pairing. There are certainly lots of dark greens in Enchanted Forest, making it a very aptly named scent indeed, kind of like what you'd imagine the Black Forest smells like. Also the red wine note must be mentioned, adding a richness to the blackcurrant which takes it further and further away from it's fruity beginnings. It smells to me like a more mysterious and much more complex version of Blackberry and Bay. Wild berries crushed in the undergrowth, evergreen trees and wild cats stalking through the night. This is one of those scents (which aren't actually so common) where what impressed me the most was just how well executed it was - the structure, the idea behind it and how it all came to life in this liquid.
Castoreum ultimately a bit strong for me, but it's a part of what makes the scent overall so intriguing, it would be a different scent without the animalic undercurrent. This definitely gets a thumbs up.

alberto1964
alberto1964

If the will of Bertrand Duchaufour was to imagine the sniffer in a forest of memories, he succeeded with flying colors. Congratulations!! A good perfume of innocence and childhood ... .... like diving into a sea of grass. Lovely freshness!

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

This smells exactly like those sweet and sour Pastilline hard candies sold in those round tins. Combined with mentholated fir trees and wet moss.

I wouldn't say it's a modern fruity-floral sort of sweet -- rather, it's a childhood candy-sour-sweet that brings back so many memories of sneaking into a candy-tin that belongs to the grown-ups. Add hugging my dad and kissing his cheek and getting a whiff of his aftershave, and you'd get Enchanted Forest.

It's charming, but I wouldn't buy a full bottle. These two little sample vials would be enough to last me years of traipsing down memory lane. Lovely, but not for me.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

This perfume reminds me of the “The Fir Tree” story by H.C. Andersen; the story about the beautiful little fir tree who does not know its own beauty or the beauty all around it. Very much like the amplified violets of Guerlain's Insolence EDP, I can imagine not many people appreciating this Blackcurrant dominant beauty simply because it’s a rare occasion to find the Blackcurrant note amplified in this fashion. I personally have never smelled a composition that even showcases this note, let alone so intensely. I have, however, been lucky enough to grow up in the Eastern parts of the world where the dark forests of the Northlands are brimming with the scent of dark, wild fruits that this perfume has magnificently captured. As you walk through these magical woods, the smell of the moist earth fills your nostrils and the Blackcurrant bushes, with their bountiful yield, beckon you to pick their mouthwatering fruits as a most fulfilling sustenance for your journey. The Fir, Cedar, Opoponax, and the Oakmoss notes blend together to emulate these fresh woods flawlessly. The amplified Blackcurrant, though it does feel like it’s on steroids on occasion, adds deliciously to this mix and won’t let go until the very end, which is well after 12+ hours on my skin. In “The Fir Tree”, the beautiful little fir tree came to comprehend its own beauty when it was too late to enjoy it. Enchanted Forest however, knows and enjoys its splendor. Rightfully so. I give 10 out of 10 for this visionary Masterpiece.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

There is something very "prickly" about this scent, and unfortunately, I suspect it is the orange. On first application, I get mostly black currant and vanilla, though it does have depth which I would usually have liked. There is just this strange note hovering around that just won't settle down on me. Whatever it is, it is still there through the drydown, and on clothes the next day. I can't say that I *hate* this, but it doesn't sit well for me.

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

Just got a sample of this from The Perfumed Court and I don't really know what to think. I tried it on near my Mom and sister and they said it smells like cat pee and lysol... I'm not disagreeing. I can see why people might like it because it's so different and fresh (green), but it's just not suited to my taste.

The currant and green notes are pretty strong and overpowering. Maybe layered with something gourmand or citrusy it might work but for me it's a scrubber unfortunately. I would however try something else by The Vagabond Prince!

babayaga
babayaga

There's a Passsionfruit Koolaid stand in the middle of this forest!

OtroPoema
OtroPoema

Meh. Projection is super close to the skin and it doesn't come across as an EDP... more like EDT. I also don't find this frag to fall anywhere near the masculine side of the masc/fem continuum. Much too fem for me to wear. I find the persistence to be very lacking, requiring multiple reapplications. It also comes across as a bit powdery, which is my absolute least favorite frag characteristic.

All this being said, Enchanted Forest is a nice scent and I can see how some (frag neophytes?) would love this one. I mean, if you're comparing this to the frag selections at major chain department stores (Macy's e.g.), this would seem like an amazing frag.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

I got a decant of this from a Must de Cartier I purchased...it's beautiful! a scent you cannot compare... The good thing about it is, you don't get to smell this too often that you'll be so pleased owning one...

it's so good and has some depth... like wine... like grapes... it smells like fresh grape juice but different... very addictive!!!

michael.j
michael.j

Beautiful beginning but over time the green and fruity notes are taken over by a syrupy vanilla that is nauseating. I wish I could order a sans-vanille version of this because it is otherwise an exquisite piece of work. I recently discovered that Oud Prestige by Jacoglu is somewhat similar to this in that it has a pronounced black currant note, though it lacks the utterly captivating wet greenery feel and the currant isn't nearly as fresh and tart. I do like the Jacoglu, however, in that it has no bloody vanilla, which only 1 perfumer out of every 100 seems capable of omitting from her/his creations.

Scentfarmer
Scentfarmer

Talk about knocking it out of the park on the first at bat. The Vagabond Prince's first fragrance is phenomenal. It is like nothing I have smelled before. I love when a fragrance pushes the boundaries and works. I have to give much respect for The Vagabond Prince for starting with a fragrance so original and unexpected.

I am male with normal to oily skin. I have only had a chance to test this in the winter and it works well. That being said, I think this is mostly a spring summer scent. It reminds me of waking up early while camping in the forest near fruit trees. I have never smelled a black currant tree, but when I close my eyes I can imagine standing under a fruit tree surrounded by mossy rocks next to a stream. You smell the entire forest, trees, rocks, moss, bark, even the animals and insects. Fantastic! It is definitely a multi layered fragrance. As I wear it throughout the day, I occasionally get whiffs of the woody side, and at other times I get the fruitiness. It is a very dynamic scent. Sometimes I get whiffs of the entire composition. Every smell that wafts by my nose is a good one.

It smells great from start to finish. And the finish line is a good distance away from the start. It lasts most of the day and the projection is good but not so prominent that it would fill up a room and offend anyone. So, you could wear it to work, though I would not think of it as a work scent.

I hope The Vagabond Prince continues to innovate and never plays it safe. Maybe they won't hit a home run every time, but the industry needs more houses like this one.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Grape trident gum and stale raisins. It could have been awesome but, falls short :( Its not realistic enough. Far from a masterpiece. And for $180? Pwaaaaahaahahahaha

robg303
robg303

Let me begin by saying: "Thank You Very Much" to The Vagabond Prince Inc. for my sample. I am grateful!

I sniffed this when I first received it, but was waiting for a good time/day to try it on. Well, it's cold, raining and misty here now and figured this would be the perfect weather to wear Enchanted Forest. Indeed it is!

I must admit that I appreciate and sometimes do find the inspirations and stories behind fragrances interesting. And I accept the challenge to see if the perfumer's creation actually transports me to their vision, idea or place. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Enchanted Forest however, really did transport me to that world. I've been to places like this in real life and remember the scents and emotions those places evoke and this fragrance does it quite well.

I have several fragrances that feature currant, but nothing so amazing and intoxicating as this! I love eating currants and if I didn't know better, I would drink this.

This is a great scent and is everything it's described to be. Rich and slightly tart, with a nice green/aromatic aura and a piney, sweet, warm dry down. This is a rich rewarding fragrance that is "Enchanting" for sure!

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Oww wow...just put this on and I want to eat my arm! HUGE black currant note. Im getting some fir and a quick shot of broken open leaves. Black currant is calming down and mixing beautifully with the fir and leaves. Damn is this smell addicting...turning into the most realistic fir Ive ever smelled, like I put my head right into a pine/fir tree, and I thought Norne was good...still fir dominant but it must be the wine mixing to give a little bit of sweetness...

Hate to do it but im jumping on the 'Love' bandwagon on this one. Into the drydown I get more fir than currant so if youre a fir lover this is a must-try.

Layzie
Layzie

Enchanted Forest opens with a sweet, sharp fruitiness that makes me say, "Mmmmm..." It is light yet projects very well. My sister-in-law said the aroma filled the room quickly and was redolent of wine but not of a drunk. It was also juicy and tart with some ancillary woodiness. After thirty minutes, it felt like a candy shop but not as sweet. In an hour, the fir, oak moss, and cedar notes become a bit more prominent.

The longevity is much better than most perfumes I've spritzed on. Though I found that the longer I wore it, the less I liked it. It's just not for me and my skin chemistry. We found it started more feminine, then developed into something somewhat darker and more masculine. It still smelled better on my sister-in-law than it did on me, though.

butterbean
butterbean

I really love this scent! It is truly amazing!

It is a MUST TEST ON SKIN scent - 100%.

First spray is a bit sharp but a blast of black currant, and fir.

This scent is what others have said - BLACK CURRANT. It is mostly every part of the black currant bush and the tart fruit. It has a somewhat cold green vegetive medicinal quality. Give it 15 min and the notes settle, and sweeten.

I can detect various notes thru the wear of it, and the dry down is sweeter and sweeter as the resins and amber come out - almost a boozy quality to it.

The fragrance is multidimensional. Black currants coupled with fir, then the rose, wine and very faint smell of aldehydes, patchouli, and very subtle oakmoss. It begins to sweeten more and more....the boozy resins and amber really come out thru the dry down and it is a lovely sexy warm yet still a forest woody scent. You never totally loose the black currant fruity note due to the mastery in its design -- I love that about it.

It reminds me of the woods, trees, mountains, Christmas, the black currants growing in the yard. It is so so very nice.

It is just fruity enough to be worn by a man, and just fruity sweet enough to be sexy on a woman.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

oooh my, what a gem we have here. Juicy succulent woods, with animalsitic nuances. Like the breath of the forest. mossy, but carnal. I'm not sure how else to describe this. if you dont like blackcurrant then do a 180 and get out of here now, cause this is the backbone of this perfume. so.... incredibly sexy though! it is man approved as well, its... so very unique. I'd love a full bottle of this, its a bombshell kind of perfume. for when you want to make a statement and seduce.

edit: wow. this..... could be... or very well close to my signature scent! It.. is just... so perfectly blended! I've been wearing it a week and cannot find a single flaw with it, and despite the fact that the perfume is not natural, yet it has high enough quality ingredients that I can wear it and not have it turn rank or rancid on me! (I'm a difficult child you see...) I have been blown out of the water. Overall.... 10/10

thatgirl1269
thatgirl1269

I bought a sample of EFTVP and I really want to like it. It is incredibly unique, and I can see how this could easily be unisex, however, at this stage (and I've worn it 3 days running), all I get is pine, cedar and, as much as I hate to say it, sweat/BO/armpit. I detect no blackberry, sweetness or anything other than what I said above. I really *DO* want to love this fragrance and will persist.. if my opinion changes, I will update. However, even if I do come to adore it, a full size bottle is unfortunately out of my price range. I will continue to admire this from afar however - perhaps on someone else's skin whose body chemistry doesn't play havoc with such an original and ultimately what I believe is a beautifully unique fragrance.

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

I feel very fortunate to be one of the winners of the most recent sample giveaway ~ O.k., I feel AWESOME!! I LOVE to win things and it doesn't happen very often. I actually had sample of VPEF over the summer months that I received as an extra in a swap. I must say, at the time I did not care for it. Perhaps it was the time of year (sticky, hot July weather) and the fact that I did not give it time to develop before I judged (I know better than that!!)...I think I was prejudiced about the fact that it was advertised as unisex. So far in my perfume loving career, I only have purchased one perfume that was advertised as unisex....I like things that are decidedly feminine, period. Now, don't get it twisted, I feel that perfumes are gender-less, and if you like it wear it, no matter if you are man or woman....but for ME, simply put, I like VERY feminine fragrances, 'nuff said.

So, back to VPEF, I simply judged too quickly and gave my generous sample away to a friend who I knew would love and appreciate it. When the recent giveaway came up, I thought to myself "I'd like to give that another try, especially now that it's winter time and I LOVE Christmas and the holidays and only have a few perfumes to celebrate with"....well, fortune smiled upon me and I was given another opportunity to try this beautiful, artisan fragrance. Weather DEFINITELY does make a difference for me, the icy chill of December's winds and the soft crunch of snow under my boots were the perfect accompaniment to the scent of balsam fir and medicinal patchouli wafting from my wrists and neck. Twirling around the outdoorsy notes were the ever-present thick black-currant cassis, which has a sweet earthy scent, and an underlying rasberry note combined with spicy carnations and roses. Luckily for me, the rummy wine effect is not so apparent as I am a recovered alcoholic and do not like boozy scents for the simple fact that they remind me of the old days when I didn't need a perfume to smell like booze!! No, this is just pure fruity compote, sweet and bubbling from the oven, without a cocktail in sight...my skin chemistry makes it smell like jam versus a liquor. I'm REALLY loving how the oakmoss sweetens and gets syrupy and thick as it dries down on my skin....I LOVE the way oakmoss does that on me!!
This perfume for me, will be a holiday scent, something special that I break out in November to celebrate the first snowfall. This is the scent of the dance of the snow fairies in The Nutcracker!!

I doubt I'll be getting a full bottle because My sample will last me quite a while when using it just for special occasions like that,BUT, will probably order a few 1.5ml samples to have around for the holidays like my .25oz of Caron's Nuit de Noel pure parfum....The Vagabond Prince "Enchanted Forest"; I'm so happy to have had a 2nd chance with this gorgeous perfume. If you get the opportunity to try it, please do ~ it just may surprise and delight you like it did me.
Sillage ~ Approximately 1 foot, which IMO, is perfect
Longevity ~ On my skin this lasted quite long, over 10+ hours

soulflwr
soulflwr

I just received a sample of this in the mail (like just now). I was also one of the lucky fragantica members to do so. I don't have time to write a review at the moment, I'm at work, but my initial reaction was something like this.

Open mail..."Cool I won a sample!" ... *Sniff* ... "Wow" ... *sniff-sniff*...."Oh WOOOW!"

I haven't been this excited about a fragrance in a long time. I'll come back with my full review.

One thing...$180 is a bit out of my price range...are there any plans to make a 1.7 oz or 1.0 bottle? I would love to own this fragrance. Seriously.

joliecat
joliecat

This is a very soft, sweet, fruity chypre. After the first 10 minutes of sweet berries, it recedes to a very close to skin scent, innoffensive, perfect for office. Nothing is strong here at all. The "forest trees" appear far away subdued in the background, and the spices are barely there at all. A soft delicate, feminine, safe, pleasantly blended berry scent remains close to skin for about 3 to 4 hours.

Jerine123

OK this fragrance will grab your attention from the first spray. It is daring and definitely in the spirit of the holiday season without the floral or soft fruity from the initial blast. It will begin to simmer with a strong cedar presence-think a beautiful fresh pine wreath with a touch of berries.....BUT then it dries down and mellows with a very pretty feminine finish with the honeysuckle, carnation and vanilla all showing up. Very different dry down from the initial spray but the underlying greens seem to have an undertone that keep the fragrance going on and on and on....very nice!

SixSidedTippy
SixSidedTippy

I was one of the lucky winners of samples from the most recent giveaway and received them today. As can be expected, I opened the envelope, opened one of the vials and promptly applied. Gorgeous opening that is a very fresh, clean and invigorating forest scent which transitions to a slightly dominant berry/wine note which lasted about 15-20 minutes. Then the best part for me follows as the two meld together beautifully followed by a dry down that is just sublime. This scent appears to be composed of very high-quality ingredients, is crafted exceptionally well and lasts quite a long time. I refreshed it after about seven hours and liked it so much that I promptly purchased a full bottle. I am very partial to forest scents and have a few outstanding ones in my collection. For me, this does not resemble Olympic Orchid's Blackbird (which I own and wear) and I feel that they are two distinctly different fragrances. I also do not pick up on any patchouli or animalic notes. Vagabond Prince is very smooth, warm and contains an element of comfort to it. I'm impressed with this and feel that it would wear well in any weather and would be appropriate for both day and evening. This could be unisex but I feel it leaning more toward feminine.

Carla
Carla

Is this for real or is this a dream? Have I left the big city that never sleeps and entered the surreal world of magic in the forest among my Slavic roots? I believe I have, that is when I am wearing Enchanted Forest!
Enchanted Forest is an explosion of black current that has me reeling with thought provoking memories of the past. It's mystery and darkness surrounds me with a feeling of peace and tranquility that captivates me to the point of no return. Enter the scent of pine and balsam fir with its moist freshness and immediately I become hypnotized with the beauty and aroma of nature and now feel forest bound. This superior quality of black currant, black currant and yes more black current engulfs my senses in a welcoming way as the feminine flowery bouquet of rose and carnation transform this scent into an aroma possibly worn by a gothic goddess. Cedar, patchouli and musk then neutralize its feminine side into a masculine form so now this mystical potion can be worn by all to enjoy. It's thrilling to experience a perfume that can take you to a different place by simply dabbing it on your skin! Enchanted Forest, aptly named, is nothing less than enchanting, an extraordinary creation to own, wear and treasure.

MsDana
MsDana

Okay, I tried out my sample of this wonderfully unique fragrance & I do find that it truly lives up to it's name. It evokes the scents you may find while walking through a dark, damp forest. It is very earthy, green leafy, & woodsy. The strongest notes to me are the Black Currant (of course), Oak-moss, Fir Balsam, Rosemary, Rum, & Carnation. I get some of the Rose, Vetiver, & Cedar at the dry down. It is quite unique, beautiful, & complex. I think it is an amazing scent,.. but IMO this is not feminine in any way. I would not even classify this as Unisex. This is straight up 100% masculine to my nose. Perhaps If there had been some additional white floral notes it would be a unisex fragrance to me, but I really think this scent is better suited for men only. I gave it to my boyfriend, he hated it on me, but he likes it on himself, & I think it smells absolutely amazing on him!

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Thank you so much for the sample. I applied this about half an hour ago and couldn't wait , as I had to share a memory that revived, while experiencing it. I lived in the Black Hills of South Dakota for many years, and loved every second of it. "The Enchanted Forest" reminded me of the hikes near the Needles; the Ponderosa Pines, the sunlight warming the moss and the pine needles, the water running over the rose quartz chunks sitting in streams, the coolness of the caves in summer, and the taste of the red wine and berries that we would snack on, while sitting on top of a hill, overlooking carpets of forest and clouds and watching the occasional hawk float by. I'm getting the black currant, the patchouli and some spice, and there was a really refreshing "green" burst at the beginning (like hiking through vines and fresh green leaves), which is now mellowing into the spice notes, but not completely disappearing. I agree with the other reviewers; everything in this fragrance is very honest. Nothing feels or smells synthetic. I want to pour vodka over where I dabbed this onto my arm, lol! Seriously, this smells like it could be edible, that's how yummy the black currant is in this. What a treat to experience this! Thanks again for the holiday gift sample! Sigh... in my next life, I want to come back as a perfume artist.

rickyrebarco

I love this scent. The black currant is tart and blended so well with the greens, especially the fir and cedar and other greens. It truly smells like a northern forest with greens, mosses and berries. Perfectly balanced and a wonderful scent for either sex. I have used up all my samples so a full bottle is definitely in my future. This is another Duchaufour masterpiece IMHO, so do give it a try.

exciter76
exciter76

Enchanted Forest lives up to its name. Few fragrances cause me to conjure up their back story but EF is among the few. I smell a fictional forest of many fairy tales, complete with a heroic prince, the beginning of a new romance, the joyous aspects of cold, dark winters.

I wore it about a week ago when it was atypically cold and wintry here in the Los Angeles area. It was the perfect scent for such weather: dark and chilly but yet bright and cozy. Maybe this is a bonfire in the forest while the damsel in distress is protected by her prince, no? It all seems like a bottle of juxtapositions—and it is—but the constant contradictions work themselves out to be complimentary, interesting, stunning.

I love men’s fragrances; I even have a few beloved male-oriented scents in my collection. However, I cannot see myself wearing this. Every time I have worn it my mind wanders to my hypothetical lover: a strong, silent intellectual who would stop at nothing to protect me. It’s an archaic fantasy but it’s mine nevertheless. Should I encounter a man wearing this scent, I’d believe my search for a one-true-love to be over.

I personally can not wear this perfume, regrettably, but the funniest thing happened recently and I had to share. I was walking down the street, in the crowded financial district, when someone's beautiful perfume caught my attention. It was quite strong. I inhaled a couple times and knew immediately it was Enchanted Forest! The scent is so distinctive and sillage matched what I know of it. I could not pinpoint who exactly was wearing it, as I wanted to ask them to confirm and perhaps meet a fellow perfume freak. In any case, it was just marvelous on them! Full-bodied, sensual, alluring, totally unforgettable, and I've smelled plenty of perfume on people over the course of a lifetime! I honestly felt like I fell under its spell and felt swept up in a whirlwind of magical scent. Maybe someday I will be able to like it on myself. It's strange that I don't since it smells identical on that person. Sure makes me want to dig up my sample and try it until it works!

judyk

Almost a year on from receiving my sample I still have a little EF left, so I'm wearing it again today. Now is the perfect time of year for it - crisp and bright outside, warm and festive inside. The delicious blackcurrant, vanilla and spice compliment the sweets of the season, while the pungent fir more than makes up for our artificial tree. ;-) Christmas in a bottle.

Mimielle
Mimielle

December 9, 2013 - I bought a sample to try. Arrived Dec 12 so I'm sampling from here. Unusual note: my cats are never curious about packages and haven't reacted to fragrances that I've noticed but they both went a little crazy and liked this one, sniffing the envelope then me, purring and then chasing each other wildly!

Dec.13
The perfume changes and changes, my nose is climbing all around through the notes and it is different each day! I smell the fir strongly and tart berries right away, no flowers or sweetness at first other than the slight tang of the berries. Sun-warmed herbs, wine or more accurately to my nose, Saft...which I had not thought of in years.

More as I finish the sampling

kivarose
kivarose

Black Currant is one of my absolute favorite notes in perfumery, but it's also a very tricky one... not just based on the perfumer, but on the nose and skin of the person wearing the scent. But my god, I just wish more people who smelled this perfume could smell it like I do.

I seem to amp both rose and booze in many perfumes, and this is no exception... while the perfume is clearly built around black currant, I also get a whole lots of moss, rose, wine, and resins. In fact, someone who came up to sniff the perfume on me said that he thought it was one of the most beautiful rose perfumes he'd ever sniffed lol.

There's a faery queen in the deep forest wearing nothing but shalimar (what else would a faery queen wear?) and consorting with a faun on a bed of fir needles tucked beneath the briars and black currant bushes... and this forest is definitely enchanted, inhabited by thorny tangles of wild rose, perfectly ripe black currant berries, dark spicy tree resins, conifer needles crushed underfoot, wet moss, coiled roots, and an errant breeze of animalic musk from the shadows. I find the fragrance to be eye rollingly pleasurable as well as hauntingly beautiful.

There's a faery queen in the deep forest wearing shalimar (what else would a faery queen wear?) and consorting with a faun on a bed of fir needles tucked beneath the briars and black currant bushes...

Bertrand classifies this as a woody spicy chypre, and while I would say it's much more like a fruity chypre to me, I absolutely appreciate the chypre nuances and structure of the perfume.

And the bottle is gorgeous of course, but I would never buy a perfume for its bottle. Nevertheless, it's one of my favorites in my collection, and appeals to me as a part of my interest in my Russian and Ukrainian heritage.

I also appreciate that natural feel of the berries, rose, and resins in particular. While some people have complained of the synthetic nature of the berries, I find them to be very convincing, smooth, and deep... not the screeching fruity notes that are found in many popular celebrity perfumes by any means.

One of my favorite perfume reviewers, Kafka, called this scent "prismatic" because of the way the facets of the perfume constantly shift and change and I completely agree... and this quality brings to mind the reality of a dark coniferous forest in summer and how there is the overall scent impression and then glimmering highlights that shift as the sun moves, the breeze blows, and the day passes.

My one criticism is that I would have preferred greater sillage, but that's not a deal breaker for me in something as complex and beautiful as this, and I have thus far have only used one spray at a time, so perhaps a larger amount will yield greater sillage on me.

Note: sample and then full bottle were my own acquisition.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I tacked a sample of this onto my recent sample order at the last second because I was intrigued by the name. I had no idea what the notes were but thought I'd give it a go for funsies. I am thrilled that I did.

This scent conjures up childhood memories of Yule celebrations. Fir, cedar, spices (I get cloves but it's not in the notes) hot toddies, and a hit of something sweet on the table. I don't get any currant berry at all. It's Yule Tidings in a bottle. I love it and will have to get a bottle before I celebrate Yule this year.

It opens up with a very fresh fir forest speckled with a few cedar trees and something sweet, maybe the currant blossom or honeysuckle. As it warms up I get the castoreum and a bit of musk and Cassis (not listed but I get it) that then gives way to what I am perceiving as clove-like (the coriander and something mixed like pink pepper?) and the sweet Opoponax, Benzoin and vetiver step up. The fresh fir is always present (as well as what I perceive as cassis) but takes a seat in the back of the room once the show warms up and gets spicy and sweet. The fir and Cassis anchor the entire show so that the other things going on never get to loud or obnoxious.

This is incredibly original. I really love it.

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

I was very excited to have received a sample of this recently. At first sniff, I felt as if I were carrying a Christmas tree inside a home, where a holiday meal was being prepared. The balsam fir scent is so strong, but it doesn't smell overwhelming or artificial, like a candle. The flowers, combined with the rum and spices soften the scent and make it very wearable. This may sound strange, but I swear that I could smell a glazed ham, cooked with cloves. It just gave the impression of an overall festive occasion, filled with good food and good friends. I think this will be a very nice fragrance to wear over the holidays.

hellokoi
hellokoi

I like my currant scents to be sweeter than the currant is in this blend.
I find Enchanted Forest to be very sour smelling. The black currant dominates the scent, but it's a sour, bitter, natural currant with no sugary edges to make it wearable for me. And it has an undertone that always reminds me of white onions, which is the most off putting thing about the scent for me.
Underneath the currant, I get a sharp muskiness that gives me a headache and hints of earthy fir (that smells a lot like marijuana on my skin for some reason).
Enchanted Forest is actually a very linear and simple scent on me that doesn't change at all over hours of wear. Most of the listed notes never make an appearance for me, just sour currant with hints of sharp musk and earthy fir. The bottle is gorgeous, but the scent doesn't work on me.

Cddimauro
Cddimauro

I honestly despised the smell of this perfume when I first sniffed it in the sample vial because the black currant was so strong, but I decided to apply a little on my wrist and give it a try anyway. I am so glad that I did! As other reviewers have stated, this perfume has a way of completely transforming itself on the skin over time. I am relatively new to perfume and there's no way I could accurately describe the notes in the fragrance, but the experience was utterly intoxicating. I kept smelling my wrist for hours! I typically do not like very strong fragrances, and black currant usually sends me running the other way, but for some reason I simply love this one. It's definately unique and it left me feeling as though I had been beguiled into wandering through an 'enchanted forest'. Make sure you sample before you buy, and be sure to give it a chance to develop on your skin before you rush to judgment. I went from thinking it was absolutely vile to actually pondering a full bottle!

poppy_vanderbilt

This is one of the perfumes I have wanted to try the most. I finally ordered a sample and although I had no expectations besides curiosity I was very pleasantly surprised.

It is very hard for me to describe the fragrance, and others on here have done as good a job as any, and it smells like its name, an enchanted Forest.

This smells exactly like what I was hoping Freak would smell like.

I really hope The Vagabond Prince continues to create knew scents because their first is amazing.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Firstly, Birdboy48, this fragrance can be purchased online from 'Lucky Scent'.

My first impression of this was nice but too woody, I smelled a very dry woody note which was slightly unpleasant, however this quickly morphed into the most beautiful and delicate sweet patch, vanilla, rose and goodness knows what else perfume.
This is indeed an enchanted fragragrance. It makes me think of 'Titania' in 'a Midsummers Night Dream. I am transported to ferny, forestry woodland, an enchanted place frequented by fairies and princesses.
The smallest amount of this has lasted for hours and I keep getting gorgeous wafts which make me want to deeply inhale my skin.
I get a lot of sweet patchouli, vanilla and a gorgeous creaminess in the whole composition.
This is truly a stunningly beautiful perfume, sweet, delicate, enchanted, lovely. It makes me yearn for those summer nights where I think this will be a perfect scent for me.
I don't get spices as others have mentioned, but this is a very magical fragrance, so there will be a different bit of magic for each one of us!

sapphira07
sapphira07

This has been the most complex scent I think I have ever smelled, and I have sniffed hundreds of perfumes - many designer and many made by artisans far and wide. On me the scent changed about every 20 minutes, through about 5 unique scent changes from top to bottom notes. Initial burst was the delicious black currant, but afterwards the cooling properties of the benzoin took over and was a rather dominant part of the heart. Rose, Cedar and Patchouli ohhh and that powdery musk remained after all was said and done. Quite extreme but so intriguing. It reminded me of many many different things and being in a forest is definitely one of them. I wish there were a mid range sized/priced bottle, I would love to have more than a few samples worth. It is most certainly something I would wear if I was going for unique and the setting was right - ie bonfires, cool night events where one is enjoying nature - camping, fishing, walks in the moonlight etc....

Sofreshandsoclean
Sofreshandsoclean

You take a red gummy bear and roll it in spices, leaves it to store in redwine overnight along with a lot of fir twigs and pepper. And then you have a dark boozy fantastic perfume.

Can understand the addictive qualities in this, because this is certaintly one of a kind. So red and warm like a beating heart.
The Vagabond Prince needed some redwine to build up courage to his declaration of love. He is now riding through the enchanted forest, crazy in love with flushed cheeks, for his choosen one.

I had a sample of this perfume and found it very interesting and inspiring, both the scent and the packaging. It was appealing to my urban cage feelings, sort of escape in the wild wood far from asphalt and smog.
It has a very pungent yet fruity edge, all about blackcurrant but so much better made than your usual run-of-the-mill artificial "blackcurrant" which is a sub-group of the typical fruit basket.
It's a brave perfume because while we all have artificial fruit smells in mind (strawberry? Peach? You name it) as acquired tastes with no clue to reality, it dares to give a complex, made-on-purpose yet closer to real thing.
I used my sample, but have no FB

L'amoureux

I'm beginning to miss my sample I used up. You know what that means..

Jellybean
Jellybean

Wow, this is the juiciest and yummiest black currant I have ever smelled! Definitely enchanting:)
I was looking for a true black currant scent and after trying some fragrances, I didn't find what I liked, so this one came up as a recommendation on one my posts.
Is this ever spot on! True black currant, excellently done with woody evergreen notes, some citrus to accent the main note, and earthy notes enwrapping this package.
This is one of those "Feel Good Scents" and also great for outdoors. It is a fragrance done so well that people are gonna compliment you cause you smell delicious:) That's what happened with putting two dabs on each of my wrists and going for a walk.
So happy I finally found this wonder! Now I gotta see where I can purchase the whole thing....
To mention, the sample was a gift from Karmes after reading my post. She's definitely right about this scent, I'm totally crazy about it! Many Thanks to her and All Fragranticans that recommended this fragrance. Thanks to you All I cannot go on without having this. Hey that's what Fragranticans are for:) Sharing our perfume Love! Yup, that's why is so great being one:) !!!!!!!!
xo

Scatje
Scatje

In the opening I really liked this perfume, I liked the sour Black currant and the fresh pine in it. It was a fresh green scent at that moment. It is a pitty that after a while, a few hours, the aldehydes came in and they made it les wearable for me. Not really soapy but more waxy. The longevity is enormous and the sillage to, but I have to say that the drydown is not what I expected.

yvashche
yvashche

Having received a sample and knowing the blackcurrant is the star here, I was sure I would love this perfume. At first whiff, it smells sweet and fruity, just the way I like it. It was also dark and woody with a green note, but far too powerful. I imagined that I would get tired of this type of smell, but once I tried it a few times, I realized that the lasting power and sillage was not overwhelming. In fact, I could still smell it on clothes the next day if I put my nose into them but it was not noticeable otherwise. On another day, I tried this again and after a few hours, wondered which perfume I was wearing because it was so different on the skin after some time. It was more green and mossy, reminding me of the deep damp notes Serge Lutens would create. Being from Russia, I love the smell of the cold forest and all the types of wood/earth/flowers/berries it hides. Seeing the beautiful blue and gold box, which is one of my favorite styles of traditional Russian art, made me fall in love. I ordered it and the box is large and beautiful, and the actual bottle is super heavy and dark, just like the berry it mimics. The gold top is truly heavy as well and reminds me of the golden domes of Russian churches. This perfume reminds me of Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir, which has been one of my favorites for years, but now that I found Vagabond Prince, I probably won't even reorder the Jo Malone. This satisfies all my cravings, in cold weather and even hot. I can safely say that out of all the perfume loves I have, this one could be called my signature scent. And that is very difficult to say.

SouthernLady
SouthernLady

There's way too much going on in this scent AND it's of the far too sweet, generic variety that so many modern perfumes seem to emulate these days.

One reviewer stated that it smells more like a candle or air freshner and I really couldn't agree more with that assessment. I also agree that the packaging of this scent is gorgeous and I really wanted to love it but...it's very disappointing.

Much thanks however, to Fragrantica for the sample :)

MissTuxedo
MissTuxedo

This masterpiece is truly enchanting! I'm in love with my sample. I can see a FB in my future. Absolutely lovely.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

WOW! WOW! and WOW! I'm tromping through the underbrush that has overgrown the trail through the woods that grow along the creek a short distance from our house. I can smell that high, sharp scent of one of the weeds that I'm trampling. But there is more in the air than just that weed . . . something sweet, but I can't see any flowers. A blackberry vine reaches out to snag me and I deflect it with my inner tube. It is early afternoon on a high summer day and I am a carefree child on her way to the swimming hole . . . I can hear the sound of the flowing water in the near distance.

NoireFox
NoireFox

If you blended blackberry lozenges and pine, you'd be damn close. The packaging on this one is utterly lovely, however, the scent itself is embarrassing. It really does smell like a candle or an air freshener. The fragrance doesn't really go anywhere either; it doesn't change or develop. Like I said...candle.
For a fragrance that is so beautifully presented and seemingly beloved by so many fume heads, I was expecting something much more interesting. Alas...
Overpriced, overrated.

Jennimcg
Jennimcg

Thanks fragrancia for the sample!

I've worn this in savannah at Christmas, and this summer in Oregon, and in all climates, I get a very strong note of original formula Chapstick. There's also some pine sol, I don't get any berry. Not awful, but really artificial smelling.

Youssef_Maggi
Youssef_Maggi

the perfume is awesome!!! beautifully built and very original. I sense what others mention with the strange zing of the berries, but I am not much disturbed by it. at least it is not something common!

nikoleta1

I hate to read negative review for this one. To me it is a masterpiece. I wonder if we all smell the same substance, I guesspeople noses and sensors are so different, what we can't smell the same perfume the same way. I love this one, it is perfection, I wish was less expensive, I would have it as my lifetime fragrance.

Magie Noir
Magie Noir

I battled to get a tester. I couldn't go wrong with so many positive reviews. I somehow knew it's going to be an ultimate jackpot of a perfume.

1. It has a very, very rich discourse among the notes. As you put it on the skin it changes more than 10 times (count it). - All the way from blackcurrant to wine, pine or fir to vanilla and chocolate.

2. It reminds me of the chilly air of downtown Moscow.

3. It's not for everyone especially not for the ones that like simple and safe play. This is far from simple, let alone safe. And don't even try to put it in the cheap perfume category, because it clearly aims to the rich mass. Smelling like berries doesn't mean cheap!!!

4. Is for the harsh leader who wants to accentuate or perhaps tone down their aggressive aura. Or for the most expensive, self-absorbed hooker in Europe :)

I would put it in alternative-classic category. And drink it if I could :)

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

My God, this is beautiful! Grab your lute and head to the forest! The celebration awaits! Black currants, vetiver, musk, spirits, and whatever else lies ahead.

This, my friends, is art.

L'amoureux

It took me forever to do a review and I received a sample from Fragrantica long ago. I still remember how Vagabond Prince ticked my fancy. It's a shallow, unconventional, a forestry blend of Fir and cedar, with an exceptional amount of blackcurrant and maybe peach that might give it an aquatic element that's really alluring... Of course there are other aspects but the ones ive metioned really make this the fragrance it is worth having.It sure is lovely. Too bad I didn't win a full bottle. That sample is long gone '/

Fragaria
Fragaria

There are homeless people in the Enchanted Forest! SO sorry it's not lovely for you Roshap, you've made my stomach hurt laughing!

krmarich & finanna have opened a new door for me. Such strong, heavy, deep, rich scents in the summer? I've only tried seasonal scents during the typically associated weather. Dummy dummy ME! (I did find D&G red cap to be lovely in summer though)

I tried this during the winter and fell in love with it. Visions of fireplaces, Santa, crackling ice while shopping for the season, friends and family, the scent IS the Christmas spirit. I must say it wasn't near as strong or lasting as I'd have liked....for the price.

It's summer here now and I tried this last evening, and it's even MORE wonderful and amazing impressive. It's truly a forest. Hansel and Gretel for sure. Strong black currant and I must say, an elegant pine. So many reviews that are spot on.

If you read these reviews, you can make a darn accurate decision and blind buy this! I'm thinking I've changed my mind and just might spend my children's inheritance! I just don't know if I can keep my hands off it during the winter when it would take many sprays. It could be even more costly, and I WOULD like enough left to bury me, hmmmm.....

krmarich
krmarich

OK. I was sent a sample last December and totally enjoyed it in winters chill. Now for the acid test-It is 93 degrees today with high humidity.

Its a bit heavy, black currants are in season and this presents them beautifully to wear. This reminds me of my garden with its pine trees, herbs and flowers reflecting this Enchanted Forest. Its animalic character is the wild critters that wander all night. It always mixes well with a little sweat.

The heat really brings the floral notes foward. My nose always finds the flower first and here I get big rose and carnation. Its rich, dense and very exotic in the heat. There is a boozier vanilla too.

I wear Kouros and Opium on hot summer days so this doesnt phase me. I can see where many would shy away from it in the heat. EF is a retro fruity floral that should set the trend in the niche market. In fact, this one of the few new releases I have enjoyed in years! Its light-years ahead of the commercial rubbish released daily. I might just have to get a big bottle.

Bravo to the editors and M Duchaufour. I eagerly await what is next!

Roshap
Roshap

So, turns out...black currant is not, not, not for me.

To be fair, I probabably had Enchanted Forest on my skin for less than 10 minutes. That was about all I could take. I agree completely with alchemist1976 that it "just screams BO".

Some fragrances go on rough. You have to give them time, and then you may be rewarded. The old Gucci (brown juice) is like that. Tania Sanchez has compared the opening to unbrushed teeth. For once, I agree with her. I think it's the carraway in the top notes. If you wait it out though, then you get hours of beautiful, comforting orange flower and heliotrope; almost creamy but not quite, with a little bit of clean musk.

Not so much the bottle of Acqua Allegoria Pampelune I had a few years ago. I wore it once. On me it smelled much more like grapefruit peel than the actual fruit inside. The scent was definitely similar to having played rugby for 2 hours in 90 degree heat. It never changed. EF immediately gave me the same effect as Pampelune.

Having once suffered self-consciously through a whole day of Pampelune, I thought it was probably safe to assume that my experience with EF would be the same. Could not get it off fast enough. Of course I appreciate the irony that the ones I hate are always tenacious little buggers.

There are homeless people living in the Enchanted Forest.

finanna
finanna

My review is based on using a 1.5ml sample and the first wearing in the middle of a very cold Finnish winter left me a bit unimpressed: blackcurrant leaves&berries, a bit of fir and vetiver, nice but not special. Good longevity, but no sillage after the initial blast.

Wearing this in hot, humid climate made me change my mind. I still got the blackcurrant, this time more leaves than berries. What enchanted me was the smell of a magical forest: dark but friendly woods, wind bringing some whiffs from a distant meadow and something a bit wild hiding behind those big trees - the prince perhaps?

The incredible blackcurrant/forest effect lasted about 5h, the woodsy base a bit longer. Sillage was peffect in a warm climate. If I was living in a warmer place, I’d definitely buy a bottle. I wouldn't recommend this to sweet gourmand lovers, but people who like their blackcurrant with resins may find this impossible to resist.

agoyofd
agoyofd

I have finally got my sample of this fragrance. The opening is all about black currant. It is sweet but not too sweet for me. If you don’t like black currant, stay away from this fragrance because it is full of it. Me personally I am not impressed by the opening of this fragrance. Maybe it is because I am not a fan of black currant as a smell. After about 45 min the black currant begins to go down a bit and give way to such a beautiful combination of notes mostly vanilla. The smell of this vanilla is very pure and pleasant but not unique enough to impress a developed nose or a niche collector. When you reach the dry down it all about vanilla and as I said it is not a unique smell at all. I know a lot of fragrances out there smell similar even better. Musk ravageur’s dry down smells similar but with a bit of cinnamon and clove at the background. The dry down of Musk ravageur is a million times better. In conclusion, this fragrance is just a good fragrance but not great. It can even be annoying sometimes if you cannot handle the black currant note. I will keep on trying it to see if my perception of it would change. For now here is my score:
Uniqueness: 6/10
Sillage: cannot comment at this stage

kimberlylizkennedy

I was fortunate to receive a sample of this when it first came out. It is lovely if you love Black Currant and Fir Balsam. Although there are many components to this fragrance, the only two notes that stay continual throughout are those two. So the dry down remains consistently Black Currant and Fir Balsam. The other notes don't seem to come through (AT ALL). It smells very natural and pleasant, but the price is very high for the two dominant notes that take over from top, middle, to bottom. If the other notes came through at different intervals I would understand the 180.00. price. Think Hansel and Grettle picking berries in the forest. This is not sexy, but natural and unique.

kimberlylizkennedy

I was fortunate to receive a sample of this when it first came out. It is lovely if you love Black Currant and Fir Balsam. Although there are many components to this fragrance, the only two notes that stay continual throughout are those two. So the dry down remains consistently Black Currant and Fir Balsam. The other notes don't seem to come through (AT ALL). It smells very natural and pleasant, but the price is very high for the two dominant notes that dominate from top, middle, to bottom. If the other notes came through at different intervals I would understand the 180.00. price. I have tried over a thousand perfumes in my lifetime, and can honestly say though that I have not smelled a perfume that resembles this one. But the Blackcurrant does not smell exotic, perhaps this would be good for someone that wants to be one with nature, and smell unique...Makes me kind of think of Hansel and Gretel picking berries in the forest.

Wise-222
Wise-222

sorry people,this scent is very normal and the smell it self is not new at all ,a lot of notes for nothing,
I don't why they call it
enchanted forest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vega_012
vega_012

Enchanted Forest reminds me of Fragrances of Ireland's "Caru." In both, the black current/ berries really stand out, settling into a powdery finish. Enchanted Forest has more of a boozy rum note though, which deepens the scent so that it seems to envelope you. Both are wonderful perfumes. Enchanted Forest's pink pepper note really gives it a spicy mysterious quality, and all of these components combine to create a lovely scent and I think it lives up to its marketing.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Such an interesting combination of notes here. The black currant is definitely at the forefront in the opening, which for me is unfortunate, because it just screams BO on me. Sadly, it ruins the whole composition for me since it lingers quietly in the background even after it settles. I get the slightest hint of sharpness that mingles with a lush heart of warm spicy and green notes. Well balanced so that they become one collective aroma. There is a definite comfort in the midst of everything that gives a soft feminine touch without turning the whole thing feminine. It almost has a vintage feel to it. Definitely worth a sniff, but not for me.

First off, let me thank Elena and Zoran for the generous provision of enough of their creation, Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest, composed by the great Bertrand Duchaufour, to be able to give it a thorough testing.

I am a big fan of black currant, so I'd be an obvious target for this sort of perfume, which features black currant on top of black currant on top of black currant! That focal note sings through the composition from start to finish, so I'm very happy about that.

At the same time, there is a discordant and dirty undercurrent, which I assume has something to do with the castoreum note. I do not find it repulsive, no not at all, but usually I associate black currant with more comfortable and, if you will, facile perfumes, such as Lalique Amethyste.

To me, Enchanted Forest is a much more challenging composition, and I am sure that was intentional on the part of the creative team. This perfume harks back to the good old days, back in the twentieth century, when perfumers composed very complex and dense and sometimes confusing creations.

Today, we're awash in fragrances which are the olfactory equivalent of Tweets. They take maybe five minutes to compose, and their superficiality is touted as a virtue. Which is fine, I suppose. If one is looking for a simple, accessible, inoffensive, office-ready, fruity-floral scent.

Enchanted Forest is only going to appeal to people who enjoy perfumes such as those of the house of Serge Lutens. This is a challenging perfume, and there's a lot going on here. For that reason alone, this composition is going to sit well with some and not others. I like it as source of reflection, but probably will not be acquiring a bottle.

Nonetheless, I am very happy to have had this opportunity. Thank you again, Zoka and Jeca, and congratulations on this ambitious creation!

juansanchezcanales
juansanchezcanales

I won a sample of this here at fragrantica, some months ago, but could not find the right day to try it until now.
Mr. Duchafour is one of my favourite noses now. He is always able to give his creations an unmistakalbe magic, which is the one thing that distinguishes real art from craftmanship. He is the author of the wonderful "1697" for Frapin, "Traversee du Bosphore" for L'Artisan (a landscape in a flask), "Harissa" for CDG (the best in CDG, in my opinion), "Oud Shamash" for The Different Company (also one of the best in this house after the departure of JC Ellena to Hermes), "Sienne l´Hiver" for Eau D`Italie (this one is really an amazing achievement, one of my all time favorites) "Sartorial" for Penhaligon's... The list is endless, as Mr. Duchafour talent.
"Enchanted Forest" is as magical as its name suggests. It opens with heavy green notes, as if we were steping over lush vegetation, crushing all kind of plants with our boots. There are lots of shinny, suculent berries on the bushes we pass through. We are surrounded by the smell of old wood dampen in rain water, of the moss covering the stones, and from the darkest nook and cranny we get a hint of a misterious animal. Pure magic.

varykino
varykino

One of the natural scents that I love most is that of blackcurrant leaves. The experience of picking blackcurrants in August, surrounded by branches of fragrant leaves that brush against your arms and hands and set off wave after wave of complex, spicy-green scent is nothing short of intoxicating. I have occasionally been 'high' on blackcurrant leaves, I think. :)

And that is the primary note I get from Enchanted Forest. Is it any wonder that I'm besotted? Sure there is sweet berry juice as well, and cool fir needles, and lovable vanilla warmth, but from top notes to end I swoon in that sunny-shadowy leafy scent. I get the Russian forest references with instant, intuitive recognition, as a resident of another northern country of conifer woods. Because what blackcurrant leaves smell like to me — the essence of their scent — is a mossy forest floor, which is reaffirmed here by the fir and floral notes. It brings a rush of nostalgic associations: playing in the woods beside my grandparents' farm during the summer holidays, the aciduous-sweet scent of sunwarmed moss and bright-green new fir and pine shoots, the sweet smell and taste of the bell-like flowers of blueberry ling which we ate like candy, and how the forest grew cooler and shadowed (and scary in a half make-believe, half real way) when we ventured further into the wood to where the trees grew tall and dense enough to obscure the sun and we lost sight of the houses.

The cassis note in Enchanted Forest is the most seductive one I've encountered besides that of Chamade. In fact, EF reminds me somewhat of Chamade, in the juicy green blackcurrant top mellowing into sweet, lovable warmth. But EF doesn't ever go ambery/oriental like Chamade. What it evokes to me is the deep, joyous green-and-blue beauty of the brief northern summer. I received my sample of EF in midwinter, and found it wonderfully comforting to wear in the cold, but I find it wears just as easily now that the season is changing and warming up. I've ordered a decant, but I think I may cave to the lure of a full bottle of this. It's safe to say I've fallen under its spell.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

I´m not fond of berry scents, but this one is pretty good. I´d describe it as a mature, happy one, not as girly as most of them. The berries dominate the scent, but not in that candy way. It lasted about 6 hours on my skin. Sillage is moderate during the first hour, then it gets closer. Soft and very nice.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Truly enchanting, very crafty, warm and simply magical. On the first sniff I am immediately transported to a lush thick green forest full of conifers swaying in a light wind. It is a dark night, maybe even full moon, and there is a campfire near by, with magical creatures sitting on toadstools sipping brandy. I am pretty sure the fairies will soon start dancing in a magic circle. This perfume epitomises russian fairy tale to me. When I am wearing it, I feel like I am a part of the cast of a 'Peter and Wolf'. It is well suited for autumn/winter season.
The longevity is very good and so is projection but so they should be for that price! I wish it came in a cute magical 30ml bottle so I could afford it.

BRIECHEESE1188
BRIECHEESE1188

This is one of the most unique fragrances I've had the pleasure of trying in a long, long time. The tartness of black currant paired with the woody base is absolutely lovely. There is a kind of coolness to this perfume as well, which could be attributable to the balsam fir note... I personally could see myself wearing this year-round. Only thing is, I wish they would offer this in a 50ml bottle so it would be accessible to every budget! Pretty please?

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I purchased a sample of this, and I must say it is quite lovely. I can't afford the price, but it's definitely on my list! Deep berries and fir in the opening, followed by boozy smoke and vanilla with black currant. Dark, mysterious, yet comforting. Very, Very nice.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

This is a very well made perfume. thank you to fragrantica for giving the free samples. very good take on blackcurrant which is not my favorite but cassis is a favorite note of mine. I like this but not love. Its a great berry scent not candy-ish berries but real fruit berry in the forest like the name implies. Wearing this does make me think I am in the forest, smelling the newly crushed fresh berries and leaves, even branches of trees underneath my feet as I walk along. However, I am happy to say I do not smell the damp soil or old leaves in the soil. I smell freshness of leaves and sap of trees with the berry juice. The only reason why I am not buying a bottle is I do not think I will use this as often to justify buying a bottle. I think and my mom verbalized it this morning that it is very verile and manly scent that I do not think I have the confidence to wear daily or even on special occasions. However if my hubby would tell me he wants this and would wear it, I would buy a full bottle in a heartbeat and might use it sparingly on weird days I'm feeling more adventurous. just so no one would be dissuaded to buy this fragrance because the review, which is not really a straightforward positive review, I'd like to say I am more of a mall, theme park and beach person than a garden and hiking, outdoorsy girl.

fire2heart
fire2heart

I am in love with the idea of this perfume. I've read on here it takes on a different form when sprayed versus being dabbed on with the sample.

I bought a sample and enjoy the perfume as I tend to gravitate toward earthier scents. I'm not in love with this though, and I want to be! I cannot justify spending 180.00 just to see if I might love this and get more complex notes from it.... sigh! If it was in the 40.00 to 60.00 range, I'd probably take the plung.

Tater Cakes
Tater Cakes

This has so many notes that I adore but I think that is what doesn't work for me. There are simply far too many notes (I now believe this is possible) and nothing shines through. It's a fist to cuff fight for any one of these notes to take center stage for even just the briefest of moments. I wanted this to work but I'm left feeling deflated.

solbrasil
solbrasil

I love scents with black currant notes, and cannot wait to try Enchanted Forest...pls email me if you have a sample...I have minis brand new in box, and many samples to chooose from that I can mail to you...Thanks

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I'm dying to try this. Does anybody have a sample they would kindly love to pass on? Or where would I get a sample. I'm Russian heritage, so this intrigues me. I have so many samples, that I would be happy to exchange samples, etc. Thanks, really appreciate it:)

EDIT: I got a sample of this, and if you are into vampires and blood, (oh Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows) and crave that dirty wormy earth smell that emits an odor at night worthy to call in the entire cast of "Thriller", then this might be just your cup of tea. In that case, I'll drink wine! haha.. This is grody to the max to me. Bummer wanted to really love it. Russian heritage and all. Maybe the nose behind this took his thesis from the entire Romanov clan being buried deep in the forest after their assassination during the Russian Revolution. It smells just like the name. Oh....calling all you witches and warlocks, here's your fragrance!

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

Delighted to win a sample of this one!
This is very woodsy, very masculine, very complex.
The first thing i smell is an evergreen pine, but a real pine not pinesol. I think on the right person it could be magnificent, but unfortunately i dont think im that person. Still, i can enjoy playing around with the sample. Thanks again, Fragrantica, for doing the lottery! It was pure delight to win something as interesting as this!

vertoxrealms222
vertoxrealms222

Truly enchanted, such a mystical yet natural scent, or should I say scents
It has a foundation of nature, forests with an evolving aroma
Beautiful.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A brash, very bright and very loud green opening; reminiscent of the sap of a fir tree, but with intense green notes. At this stage the fragrance is very strong, even overpowering. I was worried...the next phase reveals an almost pure blackberry note, which, the first time I tried it, remained very strong and very linear for several hours. Interestingly, when I tried the fragrance again, this stage was much lighter , not quite as fruity and not as sweet, either. It is the drydown which makes this worthwhile; woody, spicy, and much closer to the skin. A delicate sweetness, wearable and attractive. It is certainly an interesting fragrance, with interesting developments and twists.

ADCout
ADCout

First, let me thank to Fragrantica, for generously offering these (wonderful) samples... Simply, thank you!

I got very excited when I saw I won... It was the first time I've ever won something from Fragrantica! Impatiently, I waited for about 2 weeks and a half... Finally, it arrived. I wanted to try it immediatly!

So I did: I opened the envelope, and the sample came in a beautiful, informative card: it has there all the notes of the perfume, and the story of it, written by the perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour. It is very informative, and pleasant to read.

So, I opened the Enchanted Forest sample, and just applied it in my wrist: I was with very high expectations, almost every review of it are positives, and the idea of the forest is very suggestive.

I smelled, deeply. The most natural and pure blackcurrant just hit my nose. It is beautiful. Just beautiful.

It's definitely sweet, but as it's so natural, it won't bother anyone, even the ones who say they don't like sweet perfumes.

As the time was passing by, the forest elements were starting to appear: cassis and fir is what I most smell. I also recognize very well wonderful boozy notes: rum and wine, as I can see by the list of notes. They're also definitely there... And what a presence they have in this perfume. In the drydown, vanilla really highlights the fragrance, making it sweeter.

So, this is a wonderful fruity-woody-green-boozy perfume... I've got to admit: I am indeed enchanted. The sillage is moderate-high, and the longevity exceptional. The quality and work impregnated in this perfume are tremendously inspiring.

And, just one more thing, the reactions with this perfume were the most amazing I've ever had: "You smell just amazing" and "Just tell me what you're using" were very common during the days I wore the sample. People aren't indeed used to smell a boy who smells (quality) fruity, I guess :)

So, one more time, thank you a million, to Fragrantica, especially to zoka, jeca, and the perfumer, who had this beautiful idea. Thank you, also, to the brand, The Vagabond Prince.

This will be, certainly, a future buy, and I'm very excited to know the future projects from this brand.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Duchaufour's and Fragrantica's collaborative project is incredible!

Scent summary - strongly aromatic, tart boozy blackcurrant leading to a base of benzoin, vanilla and resin. Hints of greens/woods, pine and trace of castoreum.

The opening is simply the most natural and luscious blackcurrant on the market, with an edge of booze and oodles of sweetness - brilliant!

I think this defines a new theme for openings for niche - usually their openings are quite challenging affairs but this simply rockets out with beautiful engrossing sweet fresh and bright notes that can easily sell this bottle on the 1st spray! You totally have to love your blackcurrants however!

I detect other fleeting fresh notes but cannot identify as these are drowned out by huge waves of intoxicating syrupy blackcurrant. It's like the finest steep of opulent blackcurrant liquor accented with sweet vanilla traces. For me, it's almost nothing like Jubilation25, which to me is a horrid excuse for representing a berry/currant like fruit at almost twice the price.

It basically follows exactly what's on the script; quality of the natural materials and extracts are 2nd to none and it gives you just what is said it huge satisfying doses.

It's very jumpy as an EDP too, the fruity aromatic airwaves leaping through the air across the room. Perfect!

I was concerned about a random side note dominating or providing a distraction off-putting enough for me to turn down, but this was simply an explosion of beautiful sweet, yet fresh fruit and too natural to be cloying.

Seconds after applying the mist, the fruit thickens and settles into a slightly spiced-boozy syrup - but still being fully authentic, like a natural high-end fruit candy.

On pressing my nose against my hand - I did detect a trace of the dreaded 'cat-pee' vibe - just a few minutes after the opening, but this lasted all but 5 minutes on the longest wearings drowning in the thick soup of sweet juicy fruitiness. More like a white-musk against all the tart fruit, balanced really well.

It definitely has a dark and mysterious edge to it with hints of fir, florals and clean earth creeping in but still maintains that massive fruit-punchy sweetness. I get some subtle Pine too through the fruit and sweetness.

There's thick and heady opoponax and vanilla in a sweet/powdery drydown.

Out of the best Creeds, through the Amouages, Histoires, Tauers and LeLabos, I've tested, this surpasses all of them,, maybe except Aventus. Designers don't even come close.

Mesmerizing.

5/5.

rdickey
rdickey

Oh, my goodness!! I finally got a sample and it is instantly one of my top 5 fragrances! It's like being in a lush, verdant forrest surrounded by juicy berries! I just LOVE it!!!

gentiana
gentiana

First of all, thank you for the draw and the sample, I received it a couple of days ago.
I gave it two tries and I find it a very exciting smell, the dominance of blckcurrant is very interesting.
I get some green and woody notes, and a little boose (rum) too. Soon starts to project very stong the fir balsam and what I think is the hawthorn.
This last ones give me deffinitely the impression of a scent designated for male. On the other hand, I grew up close to fir forests and this doesn't give me the idea of a smell that I would wish to wear on a daily basis. Maybe when I am far far away from home, for a longtime...
Sillage - big (not monster)
Longevity - after 8 hours I sytill can smell it on the wrist.
It changes pretty much in time, the development is noticeable at least in the first 2-3 hours.
At the first try the blackcurrant changed into a slightly sharp kitten-like smell :) Today, this didn't happen, the development skipped this phase.
Very interesting!

I will sure use up my sample.
Need a full bottle? Not sure.
Anyway, it is worth trying, putting two dabs on the wrist and smelling it from time to time...

KittyCute
KittyCute

Today I decided to take a walk through the woods of Enchanted Forest. A fresh wind and the smell of trees lured me deeper into the forest thicket and very quickly I got lost. By the way I broke a lot of branches and scattered some leaves here and there... Crossing the forest glades I smashed some black currant's on the way out of the dusky and mysterious woods. Trees hugged me one last time, and surrounded by a magic aura I finally found my way out. What a wonderful feeling! I feel cured, renewed and refreshed. I still smell light note of spicy black currants. Memorable ,exciting and seductive at the same time! I want some more of this fairytale. But!,...Unfortunately this one doesn't hold so much, most of the notes fades very quickly on my skin. Is it really worth 180$?...

AmoreProfumi

Such an intriguing scent I had to write a 2nd review, && I don't want to say I have a love hate relationship w/ it so I'll say I have a love eh...relationship with it the EH's only b/c I don't love the opening so much b/c I kind of just get the pine note && it's a lil overly piney to the point where it becomes a lil slightly musty arm pitty to me, but it only lasts for a short while, the point where it starts to develop && more of the fruity black currant emerges && balances out the pine, is my Love as well as the dry down. The scent is so interesting though which is what makes me want this. I was happy to have received a sample (first give away) which I use super sparingly, which idk y...I can always purchase another sample...anyways I think this will be a treat for myself for this winter, it's to unique not to own. :)

truffles
truffles

A masterful and expensive-smelling composition. Truly the elusive 'sophisticated fruity', with the pine a beautiful complementary touch to the cassis.
Interesting to sniff but I wouldn't want to wear this properly as it smells too 'aftershavey' to me.

ranchorita
ranchorita

A fragrance complex enough to pass for equally refined and delightful on a man or a woman is quite a new concept to me, but I am learning to love such a broadening of my olfactory horizons. Enchanted Forest is unique, and has delighted me from the first spray through the dry-down and well into the resonance of the base notes. In the spirit of disclosure, I won a sample in the giveaway, and I am taken aback that the strong cassis note would be so immensely appealing to me. This is a fragrance for days on which I feel assertive, but I can well imagine myself scooting nearer a man wearing this just to drink in his scent. This is definitely worth the venture of $5 for a sample in case you MIGHT like it. Today is my third full day of this fragrance, and I'm looking forward to many, many more.

berniceadrake
berniceadrake

I really like the Enchanted Forest fragrance! At the time I'm writing this, I've been wearing the Enchanted Forest fragrance for four days now, to see how I, and my family and friends react to it over time. It's been a hit with everyone that I asked.

I grew up remote from towns and cities, most of my time when young was spent in woods, forests, and jungles. From the first inhalation of this wonderful scent, I felt transported to that special time in my life.

The Vagabond Prince has perfectly captured the complex aromas of wild nature. The combination of black currant and pine needle absolute, with spices such as Russian corriander, pink pepper, orange, hawthorn, rosemary, davana, mellowed with carnation vetiver and rose, honeysuckle, rum, patchouli, and vanilla, along with some mossy, musky, amber undertones is perfect. The opening scent with aldehydes is invigorating, then it mellows but still keeps its trance inducing effect.

Those of my family and friends who weren't sure if they liked the scent when it was first applied, all liked it later when it had matured on the skin.

I will wear Enchanted Forest when I need to feel healed by nature's vital essence, or when I simply long to once again roam the pathways of my youth.

zola0203
zola0203

Received my sample today, thanks!
On first test it starts very sweet, like a spiced blackcurrant boiled sweet.
I don't get much wood in this one; there is a slight undertone which seems to fade in the drydown, which is a pleasant vanilla-musk.

I'm not sure this one is for me, the lack of wood might make it a bit too feminine, but I'm so glad I got this tester so I can give it a good chance.

willbear
willbear

Just got my sample in the mail love it a full rich edp spiced pepper its amazing hope i can get it in the uk

oliver1h
oliver1h

First of all thank you for the sample, I greatly appreciate it! Reading the brochure which came with the sample, I think Mr. Bertrand Duchaufour accomplished what He wanted with this scent. I am sure most of us will wear this fragrance in an urban setting, so the smell of a deep, wild forest can create a very nice contrast with the steel, glass jungle in our surronding. Wearing this also makes me smell different than most gentleman around me, which is really a good thing. For me the most dominant notes were the black currant, black current leaf, balsam fir, wine, castoreum and opoponax. I think the castoreum was a little strong for me at the opening, but it faded into the background rather quickly. Overall I really like this fragrance! Gave me the impression of a dark, deep forest with black currant. The home fragrance idea is really a good one!

Update: I gave my sample to a friend to try, and it was excellent on her skin. The green notes were more dominant on her skin from the start. She also liked the fragrance a lot.

patxaran
patxaran

Thank you for the sample that was sent to me as a winner in the prizedraw. I have tested this on my wrist for the past few hours and will add my comments here, from a not expertly trained nose next door. Enchanted Forest opens with an orchestral blast of (all things I suppose) blackcurrant. I don't know what the flowers and leaves of blackcurrant smell like, but I do reckognise the berry here and it is delicious and bold. This scent won't be confused with any other on the planet for sure. So I am waiting anxiously which notes will show up next... after a while I notice a pine or fir needle note reminiscent more of added aromas in Christmas decorations made of pine. Or perhaps the infamous pine scented confectioner's sugar used in christmas baking. I am not sure if the wine I am smelling is a hallucination induced by Christmas market memories. Many hours later I can just about detect an aspect of warm dry woods, which may be the vanilla, vetiver and or patchouli appearingwhile the blackcurrant seems to withdraw slowly. And it still keeps going - epic stuff!!!! The drydown is delicious but I have no clue how to describe it, perhaps this is now the musk and amber coming out of the woodworks.
This is for sure a masterpiece but I doubt I would buy a bottle. For me, the fragrance would be a bestseller as a home fragrance for sure.

mwallwork
mwallwork

Because the notes listed for this perfume were so enticing and reviews were positive, I purchased a whole bottle of this fragrance.

Unfortunately, my chemistry is not something I took into account when considering my purchase and disaster struck me dead center. All I can smell is a sharp, acrid blast of black currant (which I like in other fragrances) and a smaller blast of a very unpleasant minty evergreen (not the balsam fir which I love).

These two notes exist side by side (not blended, just barely touching) for the entire duration which is lengthy. I've tried this scent three times with the same result each testing.

I love the heavy bottle and the packaging. I'm a decorative painter and love painting these types of designs. In fact, I'm certain this had a subliminal impact on my purchase decision.

It's just too sad that I cannot wear Enchanted Forest.

(edited)

rockrose
rockrose

I was so excited to win this in the drawing. Many thanks! Although I share Raw Umber's perceptions of this fragrance and of a true enchanted forest, I don't feel it is right for me as a perfume, per se. I LOVE the scent itself, and it is very well blended; sillage and longevity are quite impressive, too. Another reviewer mentioned experiencing this in candle form, and I couldn't agree more. This would be incredible as a home scent.

On a side note, my husband questioned me as to what I was wearing, and when I asked what he thought, he didn't like it. And he loves all things earthy, piney, patchouli. Too bad it won't work for me.

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

wow.. this is going to be hard.. I've not read any other reviews yet as I wanted to give an uninfluenced review as I received my tester today.. Thanks again! I didn't really want to go down the road of emulating a run down of notes as in the definition, but I really have to say, pretty much bang on target! predominantly Deep bitter sweet Blackcurrant, like a good old fashioned mead , all the way through until the very last, the rotting undergrowth description was a perfect image of dark old mossy oaks after days of relenting rain, deadwood lying crumbling alongside ferns and undergrowth.. sounds bizarre but beautiful, legends of tree spirits, of forest beings real and fantasy coming to life as I inhale, like a smell out of Masquerade by Kitt Williams, so intoxicating and original it could be from out of Narnia, or reminiscent of the poison apple from snow white, dark seductive dreams of unrequited Gothic love, - yes all the cliches, but with the originality to live up to the pre launch hype.. in simple terms I love this, and would like to see the next chapter.

drummagick
drummagick

I received my bottle of Enchanted Forest today, thank you so much Fragrantica!

As soon as I applied it I got a few seconds of flowers in the opening, which surprised me, and then blackcurrant wine mulled with subtle spices. The davana note intensifies the wine aspect, I have a small vial of davana and it is a very 'winey' scent. A bit of rosemary in the background. Next comes the fir forest. This part for me was as much a walk in a wet forest on a dark day as Norne by Slumberhouse. But this was a forest that was out of my realm of experience, very evocative. Then suddenly a rush of fresh blackcurrants being crushed for jam. And back to the forest, with cedar appearing along with the fir. As the drydown started I got some leather, then a beautiful subtle vanilla. Fully into the drydown now is a warm, slightly ambery incense and subtle evergreen scent.

The wearing of this was an experience, something of a roller coaster ride. I find it definitely unisex, and most appropriate for late fall and winter. There's not a synthetic note in it, every note smells so natural and high quality. I love this perfume!

edit: It's just been pointed out to me that the beautiful vanilla note I picked up is actually benzoin. Absolutely gorgeous. The quality of ingredients in this perfume is amazing.

edit #2: I really jumped the gun on this review. I thought I had reached the drydown, but I am just now getting carnation with maybe a touch of rose. It's more floral right now than anything else, and I thought I was stuck in the forest for the night!

edit #3: I tested the perfume on a scent strip today from the bottle, which is gorgeous btw. It has the boozy opening, and at about 2 hours it is a very masculine scent. I think it needs the chemistry of female skin to bring it out of the realm of total masculinity. On paper, it doesn't start to show its complexity until around 3-4 hours. It's now 11 hours later, and the drydown is beautiful.

tora.routhier
tora.routhier

What is not to love about receiving a free sample of a new perfume by Bertrand Duchaufour! The packaging is "enchanting" with the blue and gold design and the card stocked full of information and inspiration. I did get a tad uneasy reading the shopping cart list of notes. Is it a gourmand? a chypre? an amber? Hmmm.
I read Mr. D's 4 paragraphs declaring his intention in creating this perfume, and I was somewhat swept away by his words.

Then I applied a goodly bit of the pale green juice, and inhaled. Black Currant Pastilles!!! My favorite little expensive hard to find little gummy candies!! I waited for the rum and wine, the oak moss, the amber, the patchouli..... Still Blackcurrant Candy!

It has been 3 hours since I applied Enchanted Forest, and I am sad to say that I really cannot detect notes other than Cassis. I will try again this week, when it is supposed to warm up here in Florida, because I just LOVE Fir Balsam Absolute. I really wanted to get the whole forest experience, too.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I was one of the fortunate people to win the generous sample-sized vial, and I WISH I could afford the full price, as both myself and my female friend Mel think this is an amazing and addictive fragrance.
I happen to be of 2/3 Slavic heritage, so this scent intrigued me from the first.
I have been wearing it since Sunday, but on Friday Mel and I made scent strips and spent an hour just enjoying the aroma. It does smell differently on the skin than on a strip, mainly because it seems "cooler" on the strip,with more of the orange scent being revealed, while human skin warms up the fragrance considerably.
On skin, the blackcurrant notes as well as the rum and wine were what I smelled first, then the refreshing peppercorn. Then, the woody and herbal notes pretty much took over, although at one point the carnation made me sneeze briefly (I have issues with that flower).
This is such a complex scent, and it really does live up to the ad copy because it smells like a deep forest with berry bushes growing from a carpet of gently rotting leaves and pine needles,with a whiff of musk from the forest creatures. It put me in mind of a fairy tale, but not a sanitized desexualized Disney story....it was more like the Russian tale where the two sisters befriend a lovesick Prince who has been tranformed into a bear.
It lasted almost 8 hours on me, and was never overpowering, but not too weak either. I do wish there was more sillage.
Mel thought it was a "young" scent, while I feel it is more "ageless". Certainly unisex.
Update: Fourth day of wearing it--all gone! I am noticing the rosemary note more---nice and sharp!

zoka
zoka

I did not want to make a review of this fragrance for a while because I did not want to create any prejudice about it. Now after three hundred reviews here and all over the the Internet, all I can say is thank you! It was a challenging task to make our own fragrance brand and first fragrance. I had black currant bushes in front of my parents' home and I grew up with that amazing berry. It is part of my universe and the universe of many people around the world. Elena shares the same passion for that smell and we found the perfumer who is also close to it and understands this scent. We were aware that not everybody is close and understands this smell but we did not stop. Most of the people who gave a negative review are those who do not know the smell of this berry. I cannot recall the moment when, as a small kid, I was standing in front of the bush and tried that dark, tart and very aromatic berry. I don't know if I like it or not but I learned something. Later I learned to love it when it became a regular part of every festivity we had.

Creating things is all about making statements. We decided to make a statement and it happened that people who are close to our universe embraced it and love the scent so much. Some people learned about it and were conquered by the fragrance and some people did not like it or understand it. We did not want to please everybody... and it is impossible to do so, but we fulfilled our dream and created something unique and dear to our hearts.

I love to wear Enchanted Forest. It became my signature scent in Paris almost year ago when I smelled it for the first time in the Cafe Cojean-Louvre, where Bertrand Duchaufour showed us his first draft of the fragrance. Since then Enchanted Forest was developing but that very original scent was preserved through the voyage to the final and perfect state where Bertrand, Elena and I were fully satisfied. The design of the bottle and the box also went through stages but since the beginning we followed Elena's vision and she did an amazing job. I helped her with the technical side to transfer the drawings to the final product. Design is an important and integral part of the fragrance experience.

Enchanted Forest works differently on different people. It also communicates with my mood and I have a different experience every time I wear it. It can be capricious like a kid but I have noticed that every time I spray it my mood goes up. It's like joining a party... Kupala night. When you join, the fairies give you a black currant leaf crown. It starts with wine and rum and oranges... once you relax it starts the journey through the forest... a real one with moist, green and even earthy notes but also something warm and seductive takes me over. I love Enchanted Forest. It is an addictive scent for me. I love to feel it when I pick up my jacket or on the breeze when the wind plays with it. I love it on Elena, too. It is a different Enchanted Forest on her. My skin emphasizes those green notes but on Elena it is much more soft and warm.

Thank you all who reviewed Enchanted Forest. I appreciate all of your reviews and it warms our hearts to see people love it or those who are eager to learn about it. That's Enchanted Forest: a special place full of memories and surprises.

raiyanhasin
raiyanhasin

Green Irish Tweed meets Dolce & Gabbana The One Rose - that was my very first impression right off the bat. A couple of reviews have mentioned the 'urine note' in the opening. For all those who knows GIT by heart would also know the notoriously deceptive opening that to some noses does indeed smell like ammonia or urine.

The GIT opening quickly transforms into strong blackcurrant and rose note. They are not detectable distinctively, but more of a blackcurrant-rose cocktail.
The fact that this is an EDP is why the two different notes work so well, although the tones are entirely feminine.

15 minutes in, I detected pink pepper (or something pomegranate-y?) which is a common note in a lot of floral frags. This is precisely when the leafy notes and patchouli start materialising: masculine undertones.

However, I have not detected any citrus at all, but pleasant woodsy notes of vetiver with hints of coriander in the midnotes.

Further down, wine and other alcohol notes start peeking, which are very pleasant and very soothing. These and the notes mentioned previously start creating a sense of warmth that suggests why an 'enchanted forest' could be its namesake.

Walking through lush greeneries blossoming with flowers, colours all around, and sunlight creeping in through the green leaves- this is what one would visualize smelling this. Moist green leaves, wet earth from previous night's rain, wet branches - perhaps a forest from Narnia or Lord of The Rings.

The overall sense was very calming and uplifting and I could not stop myself smelling it; but it fails in one BIG department. Except for the patchouli, it smells mostly like a deep female fragrance. I can't imagine putting this on myself on casual outings at all.

Do not get me wrong..this is a wonderfully concocted perfume with top-notch ingredients. The fragrant oils used are downright amazing. However, classifying this as a unisex frag would be a pushing it too far. If marketed as a female frag, this would sell like hotcakes, as rarely is a female perfume so complex.

I do not like to associate events or weather to fragrances, but if I had to apply this at all,it would be on a summer night as I think sweat would work great with it and increase its sillage and longevity.

Commenting further on its longevity and sillage would be unfair as I have not applied this substantially out of the sample that I won, but enough to know its game.

This is a borderline unisex leaning-towards-female fragrance which a man could pull off if he knows when and how to use perfumes.

8 hours in, I smell the most delicious vanilla ever in a fragrance - subtle yet creamy and light. It is as if someone had rubbed frosting and sprinkles on my skin. The vanilla is just pure class along with the honeysuckle and cedar in the drydown.

The overall ride was extraordinary one and I like The Enchanted Forest for what it is...enchanting indeed...albeit in a way I would not approve of.

Thanks to Fragrantica for the sample. I was absolutely ecstatic to receive this in the mail.

$180 is too steep for what it is. I would gladly dish out 65-70$ for the juice itself and throw in an additional $15-20 for the beautiful looking bottle. Bring the price down to below 100 dollars and you got yourself a customer.

Bertrand Duchaufour did an amazing job with this. The way the notes blended and created the effects was extraordinary to say the least.

Only if the juice had a little more masculinity
*sigh*
I can see 'uber-manly-kourosdabber' men hating this almost blindly.
To enjoy it, a man has to truly love fragrances and have an open mind about it.

For now, this is third in my list of romantic florals behind Versace The Dreamer and Altamir.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

I was fortunate enough to win a sample of this, but my fortunes turned after trying it on. To me this is simply unwearable during the first 15 minutes after applying. My first thought was why would anyone want to smell like this. The black currant and pepper are overpowering and not a pleasant combination. After that it mellows out a bit. Although listed as unisex, no man should wear this.

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

First, I would love to thank Fragrantica for being one of those selected to win a sample of this lovely perfume.

The perfume is very intriguing. It starts off with a deep burst of blackcurrants drenched in a merlot atop a bed of pine nuts and pine needles (a very rich and decadent blackcurrant salad). The blackcurrant fades to the background but still present but just enough for you to notice that you are sitting under a giant fir tree. You lay peacefully full and you just revel in the smell of the fir tree noticing the smell of sap on the tree as well while the blackcurrant salad and the liquor leave you slightly tipsy while you catch a breeze from a nearby garden. (Yes, it is that heady.)

It's a very intense fragrance that is sure to make an impression. (You must really love the oud and incensey scents in order to appreciate this little gem.) You can smell each and every note in here as they whirl around you like a ballet with each ballerina present and all taking turns to put your senses in a whirl.

This scent reminds me of a greek myth. I can picture the wood nymphs and garden nymphs dancing elegantly around the greek god Dionysis while he is being fed berries and honey and wines.

It is a very lasting scent on me. (Normal skin- lasts about 7 hours in projection and about 4 more in a range of 3-5 ft. This fragrance is not for the timid. My mother used to have a fragrance that she wore that smelled like this. I, for the life of me, could never remember what it was but I remember so well what it smelled like. I loved it and I could never find it. This fragrance hit my nose and it smelled almost exactly like my mother's fragrance except for the buttery rich musk that was in hers. I love this scent, it is not outdated nor is it powdery and "old". It is vibrant and youthful and very intoxicating.

jackcrew
jackcrew

Thanks to the Vegabond Prince and Fragrantica for the free sample. It is truly appreciated. I feel slightly obligated to give my review as a result and will be as objective as possible (difficult since I have a free gift).

The black currant dominates in the opening and remains present for about two hours when it bows to the fir and vanilla base. The scent is familiar, but not as a perfume. People may have received a box of mixed teas with one selection being black currant. That is what this reminds me of. A cup of black currant tea from a refined company. It dances with the balsam fir and is reminiscent of Yule. Thus, imagine walking onto the porch of a cabin in a pine forest during winter holding a cup of black currant tea.

As I ran my errands wearing this fragrance, I couldn't help but think I smelled like a candle. Perhaps a black current and balsam fir edition from Yankee Candle. This is not an insult for I love some candle scents enough to bath in their wax if I could. My personal favorite is "Winter" from Banana Republic (so divine).

Overall, this is a lovely perfume which will invoke a memory of a place or moment in time; but it will not invoke the smell of another person. This reminds me of no perfume I have encountered on another human being during my life. This is a good thing because how often do we sniff a fragrance and say, "that smells like _____." This is unique and pushes the edges of modern perfume artistry. People just don't smell like this, but someday they might.

kleblanc863
kleblanc863

After trying out this sample I do like this a lot.
It is very fruity in the beginning with its dark berries. That lasts quite awhile for me before the woody notes start to come forward.
While this is not my typical style of fragrance, I cannot argue the quality. Very very well done. It changes quite a bit on my skin and I can't resist sneaking a sniff here and there.
I just cannot bring myself to buy a 100ml bottle. That alone would last my whole life. Might want to get a 10-30ml decant if I can find one.

8/10 for me. I admire the whimsy. I love the beauity.
I highly recommend you try this one out.

gman13
gman13

Very nice opening..starts out with a bomb then settles down a bit. I a man and I actually like the opening! I'm going to give it to my girl and see what she thinks of it..thanks for the sample!

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

I don't get cat wee...It is a black currant bomb tho, also red wine is very prevalent in opening to me. Once it starts to drydown somewhat tames itself into something very earthy, almost dirt-like. Very complex, lots going on. Reminds me of Kouros in that it takes more than one wear to truly judge.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I really wanted to like, even love, this beautifully presented perfume especially after reading all the wonderful descriptions and reviews. Straightaway, I smelled "cat urine" from the sample vial without opening it. This sour scent mixed with black currant and wine prevail until an hour later where I sniff but a faint waft of black currant, wine, and other promising woodsy scents...then the fragrance is gone. The only other time I've smelled a cat wee note to a scent was spruce; I think this scent comes from the balsam fir absolute and/or black currant leaf. I thought I might be the only one, however there are a few reviewers online that have picked up on the same odor. I am not sure where people get the body odor scent, but I have a suspicion that it is the aldehydes. I am glad others can smell such rich notes on their skin, and that this perfume evokes wonderful visions for most; for me, not so enchanting.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

I've just received my surprise sample the the mail. Thank you! It opens with a true, jammy cassis that softens into a drier cassis note that stays and stays through the development of the scent. I do smell pine and earth and wine and wood with the berries. An intriguing scent, very longlasting.

clongano
clongano

I won my sample via the Fragrantica's contest , thank you !! It starts fruity but at the same time greeny.
And then the magic starts . I can see myself in a forest, not a tropical one , a dark and mysterious forest. I can smell the oakmoss , cedar ...
It's a tour , really beautiful .

Roge'
Roge'

Just received my sample via contest...All i have to say about this fragrance is that i need to order a full bottle between now and real soon!

Update: Although this stuff smells really good throughout, it doesn't last long. Im starting to wonder if my original opinion was derived from the hype or perhaps the beauty of the bottle.

Nenalata
Nenalata

When I first spied the bottle here on Fragrantica, I knew that, as a lover of all things Russian, I had to have a bottle of my very own. However, I decided to purchase a sample from Luckyscent just in case the lovely sounding notes ended up smelling unpleasant to my nose, and I was stuck with a beautiful bottle, but a scent I hated. My little sample vial arrived in the mail yesterday, and I needn't have worried; it is completely and utterly wonderful. It starts off with a blast of herbaceous woods, then blackcurrant adds its sweetness to the mix. However, it is not the sweetness associated with so any fruity perfumes on the market today, it is just sweet enough to balance out the deep woody notes without overpowering them. After a few minutes, the effect is almost effervescent. Then, as it dries down, it is richer, less herby, more liqueur-like, and with a hint of musk.

It would be a wonderful fragrance to wear during the upcoming Southern Hemisphere winter, and it would smell amazing on both a man or a woman.

izzie07
izzie07

I bought the sample of this. Ugh, this is not good on me. It is definetly a male scent or something. I had a horrible headache after trying this. I soooo wanted to like it.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

you just have to wait a few minutes before the body odor smell goes away. after that its very cool crisp clear with a soft sweetness underneath. pine needles, fresh air, and berries on a chilly november morning.

aray
aray

I didn't expect to win a sample (and I didn't LOL), so I went ahead and ordered one, to make sure I could get my hands on this ASAP. Everything about this scent had me intrigued - the backstory, the notes, the art, the name - I just fell in love with it remotely, so to speak.

Well, this morning, I got a chance to finally try it. I hadn't even applied it to my skin yet, when, like in a semi-animated Disney princess movie, the room around me dissapated, and instead there grew a thick, lush forest, teaming with the scents and sound of the first days of Spring. I mean, BAM!

Within seconds, memories of my childhood flooded over me, making me want to literally drink the liquid from its tiny vial, just to make it more and more intense. This scent SO gets to the core of your brain that holds memories, it's almost ridiculous. That is, of course, only if your memories DO contain aspects of the woods, the outdoors.

Needless to say, I absolutely adore it. While, for me, the blackcurrent surprisingly is NOT the predominant note I get, it nevertheless shines through, shimmers through, and, most importantly lingers and softens it ever so beautifully. The brightest star within this galaxy of awesomeness, TO ME, is actually the balsam fir. It's so dominant, it almost, almost comes across a little obnoxious, if it wasn't for the cassis dancing and whirling around. So in love here, good job, guys! <3

Okay, I applied this over seven hours ago, only a very small amount to the chest. This is powerful! What I get most at first is a kind of citrus/berry accord with a touch of the rosemary in the background. Two hours or more later the citrus is mostly gone and the dense berry thing is less "in your face," while the rosemary is stronger. There is also clearly an amber/resinous/sweet element here, though it's just one major facet, not the primary focus. This is very rich and natural smelling, and if you over-apply get ready for a headache! I'm not sure the complexity is present for aficionados who seek that sort of thing, as I do, but otherwise there is nothing "wrong" with it, so long as you recognize its strength. If there was something to "cut" the rather gourmand overall quality of this scent, such as the creator of A*Men did with the tar note, I think I might really like it. As it stands, I'm thinking that it might be really good for layering, perhaps with a strong wood scent that I dislike because it is just too woody. Needless to say I don't see a forest in this scent, enchanted or otherwise. Instead, this is more like the smell emanating from a kichen, perhaps when someone is canning home grown fruit.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This smells like old man to me :( All I'm getting is bad men's cologne... with the strong scent of stale coffee and body odor. It's actually making my eyes water. Not good. At all.

EDIT: Tried this again a week later just to be sure my bad first impression was correct.... and it was. I know what this reminds me of now. It smells like my 5th grade teachers breath: stale coffee with slight rotting scent behind it. This is truly not for me.

scent so good
scent so good

my girlfriend only likes sweet candy sugar scents, but she really likes this one on me so that says alot for me.

howiwondrwhatur
howiwondrwhatur

I received my sample yesterday. From the descriptions, I was just drooling to try this and I must say my expectations were very high. First impression was...oh, Rosemary! That I didn't expect. Moments later the forest emerged for me, but strangely flat. That feeling of "I can't seem to inhale you deeply enough"' never really hit me. I seemed to crave a little bit of floweriness or muskiness which never came. Unfortunately what did arrive was a hint of body odor but not in a good way. Everything about the fragrance set me up to expect something beautiful, the artistry of the idea, the prose, the packaging. However, the fragrance did not live up to my idea of it. Also, it is very much a masculine scent to me.

Trvevil
Trvevil

It has loads of notes, but it's primarily based on blackcurrant so real and so sunny. This smells like berries, leaves and stems warmed up in sun. It's very thick and airy at the same time. It also has quite green, masculine undertone of leaves and stems and remind me of fir.

A sweet, distinctively sour, thin and rich aroma with something sweet underneath. It feels like a cassis forest a little dark and fairytale. Out of this world.

The lasting time is long, but it tends to dry down in like maybe 5-6 hours and there is pine (pine trees!) base lingering intimately. I am yet to try it on a man which should sound great.

My full review is on my blog ^^

La Belle Demimondaine
La Belle Demimondaine

(This is a repost from the link for the drawing currently featured on the Fragantica home page)...

I couldn't wait for the drawing, so I ordered a sample from thevagabondprince.com. I LOVE it! This may be my new signature scent - it is a sophisticated scent, but not overpowering. It really is as described, and I feel as if I am in a Russian fairytale, and that there should be Khatchaturian playing in the background behind me as I walk around with it on my skin.

The blackcurrant has a deliciously warm smell that is vaguely grape-y - but not in a 'fruity' way - more in a subtly delicious, devour-you sort of way.

My super-picky boyfriend really likes it.

I really really really hope I win the drawing!

p.s. - an hour after dabbing it on, I am smelling the same delicious black currant, but the woodsy fir balsam smell is starting to assert itself. Divine!

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

I was lucky enough to be gifted a sample. This is definitely a scent to clearly illustrate the difference between dab and spray.

Dabbed- I smelled fir balsam, fir balsam, and did I mention fir balsam? A very refined balsam, but i got nothing else.

Transferred to a atomizer and sprayed: It transformed to crisp Blackcurrent, a little booziness, and finally (you got it), fir balsam.

The effect was a little like drinking a ribena syrup with seltzer, or some fruit wine in a deep forest, perhaps. Not to mean it as a bad thing! I enjoyed it enough to use every drop of the sample and I actually would love to smell this on a man. I think muskier skin would really amplify the character of the scent.

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

I want this one, because i love black currant...Blackcurrant is full of vitamin C.Vit. C-vitamina of youth!

alexkos
alexkos

A perfume is a story. And this one is a damn good one! The people behind Fragrantica are just as us: people who not only worship a fragrance, they listen to it and sense it.

I was thrilled when I one day opened my letterbox and foud this envelope, which contained a sample of Enchanted Forest. One tiny drop, and I was there - listening to the story, that they wanted to tell.

Ghosts from the past, childish memories and fairytales from the Slavic folklore. Koschei the Immortal abducting young girls and Baba Yaga flying in a mortar through the black forests screaming and agonizing every little soul.

I remember my grandma sitting by my bed, reading stories loud for me. I prefered the ones by the Brothers Grimm, or those by H.C. Andersen, and although they were creepy, the ones about Baba Yaga seemed to frighten me the most. Still I never interrupted her once she started reading one, I always listened with consideration, wondering if Baba Yaga would visit my bedroom that night.

The same is with perfumes. Sitting and sniffing to the calm ones is not telling any story at all. It's the bold perfumes, like Enchanted Forest, that bring stories to life and make you crave for more and more.
Luckily it is never the same story to hear.

Thanks to Fragrantica I finally realised what a perfume really can do to you. Every now and then this tiny drop of black currant happens to drip on my wrist and a new story begins, sending me back to innocence and fairytales forgotten by many.

xploding_grrrl
xploding_grrrl

I'm 48, and am getting a bit weary of the fake, over-powering fruity, overly floral perfumes out there that seem to be flooding the market, and many of them seem to be carbon copies of each other, with perhaps a slight variance here and there.
Most of them, even the really fine quality ones, have an artifical tone to them- even though they might smell lovely.

I was fortunate enough and very blessed to procure a sample of Enchanted Forest from a very generous soul. I wanted something very natural and "real"... and this is IT!

On the first whiff came the the woodsy and fresh notes of balsam fir, and an incredibly lush, ripe black currant- juicy and dark- a bit tangy- but not sour(think of a very fine Pinot Noir or Zinfandel). The two scents together (and the fact they are from non-synthetic sources), made for a bewitching elixir- a dark and dreamy sort of herbaceous, resin wine, if you will.

On my skin(everybody's is different, of course)those top notes lingered for longer than I expected- which was fine by me, as they were heavenly. As it dried down, it became warmer with notes of amber, pepper, and I believe a faint sort of carnation, perhaps? It gave me a sense of exploration, discovery, and a journey back home to the warmth of the fire glowing in the hearth.

The fragrance didn't last as long as I would have liked, but there could be a number of reasons for that- my hormones being one of them! I would need to try it again at a different time of the month and in different weather as it might last longer than when I first tried it. I've noticed this to be true of scents that are largely made up of non-synthetic ingredients- at least with my personal chemistry.

Bottom line... I am in love with this scent! It's anything but "synthetic" or "artificial" smelling. I used to dabble in perfume making with essential oils and other natural compounds, so I know the difference between synthetics and real "juice". This has a good deal of real juice in it, and in a wonderfully creative combination!

For me, it conjures up all sorts of memories of the wonderful fairytales I adored as a child, but has a slightly dark side that lured me to explore deeper; to venture into the heart of the forest- farther than Hansel and Gretel ever would have dared to go... and there isn't any sugary-sweet gingerbread house in this Enchanted Forest!
The packaging is exquisite and says it all. Gorgeous and playful artistry. Simply unique, and obviously created by a loving hand.

Spending a lot of time in the woods as I do, absorbing all that nature has to offer there, this scent is like a tiny forest in a bottle that I can enjoy anytime I want to.
I found the fragrance to be suitable for any time of the year- as the individual notes in Enchanted Forest can be experienced in the air during any of the four seasons, each in their turn, as in nature.

It was especially lovely when I put it on right before getting into bed. Oh, What dreams may come!

emmanuel.santana
emmanuel.santana

Apart from how amazing this smells , this has to be one of the most detailed and beautiful presentations on a fragrance. Just beautiful.

vsmini
vsmini

At Henri Bendel's the woman told me that she sees it more for women than a man but I just don't see how that can be. All I get from this is STRONG men's cologne and even my boyfriend asked me if I was wearing men's cologne when I came home today.

I will leave the other reviewers to tell you what it smells like but I don't see how this is a females fragrance at all.

Catnip
Catnip

I like the green juicy opening. The green leaf comes through distinctly, and the fruit is just right--not sweet, not too tart. I use fresh rosemary a lot, but I don't detect it clearly here. I admit I was worried about the "fir balsam" notes. Usually, they don’t work for me in fragrances, though I love them in real life. Here, they are very subtle. In fact, they are so subtle I wouldn't recommend that anyone get this fragrance for its purported woodiness. The musk is subtle as well, thankfully not overwhelming at all.

On me, it dries down to a vaguely fruity fragrance, one that is only lightly touched by a hint of sweetness from the vanilla, and accompanied by the composite effect of other notes that are difficult to isolate. Vetiver is perhaps more discernible. It stays fairly fresh overall, so don’t let the mentioning of notes like patchouli or amber fool you.

Although I like the opening, and everything seems measured, in the end, it turns into something discordant, like the dissonant chords on a piano. I don't think it will become a full bottle.

nikoleta1

Today I realied EF frag reminds me a sweetness of La Nuit YSL and black current part of L'Ombre Dans L'eau.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Well I see this scent has garnered numerous reviews! I really love this fragrance. It's a wonderful idea, very pleasant and just different enough to give it that extra bit of appeal.
Basically what I get in the opening are the black currant, rosemary and some aldehydes. It initially smells very green, like a garden, rather than a forest, but I really like the opening notes.
From there the black currant still lasts for me - almost throughout most of the time I wear it. I get some vetiver and spices in the middle notes and the dry down is light and introduces some sweetness to perfectly balance this out. Bravo!

nikoleta1

It was nice to meet Elena and get some samples of this beautiful unique perfume at Showcase NYC. Perfume is amazing and highly recommended ,bottle is pretty too. Such a fresh breath of black current perfume on this boring and repetitive perfume market, well done.

galex
galex

What a nice surprise! First the unexpected sample (thanks to Fragrantica) and second a wonderful scent.
It starts fresh und crisp with the whole blackcurrant shrub, buds, leaves and berries. This is the first blackcurrant scent that I really like. Fortunately it does not change on my skin. A wonderful experience on a cold winter day in Germany. More of that.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

sky76sky's review below has nailed it on the head with her references to cat wee. But read on... The opening of this is wonderful, and totally unlike anything else I have ever smelled, pungent blackcurrant, very crisp & tart, with a strong vetiver as back-up. Not a fan of vetiver but at this stage other notes were developing as well so the vetiver receded somewhat, blackcurrant still as strong though. Next up came the oakmoss and bitter artemisia, giving it a very medicinal smell, with the blackcurrant still battling on bravely. After an hour, all I could get was semi-boozy blackcurrant and a well-used kitty litter tray, and at this point I knew I was not going to love it, no matter what further changes it went through. More woods evolved. The blackcurrant was the most persistent note, lasting all the way through to the dying embers at 4 hours.

I can see what Vagabond Prince were trying to do. Maybe it would have appealed to me more if those sparkling top notes had stayed true. But all the other conflicting ingredients made it fail for me.

Thank you so much to Yamba1 who shared her precious winning vial with me! I am really glad to have tried this...it was so very nearly a success.

SirNosebleed
SirNosebleed

I did not like this fragrance initially when I tried it on my wrist, but after I put my sample in an atomizer and gave it a proper wearing (one spray to the neck and one to the nape) I now love this juice and want to buy a full bottle. I love the musky patchouli drydown, which reminds me of Portrait of a Lady. I usually do not care at all about topnotes, but these are amazing and among the most unique out there. I got great longevity and was constantly smelling different notes throughout the day. Very entertaining scent. I know it was projecting well and filling the office, because I kept wondering who smelled so great only to realize it was me. LOL

kalphos
kalphos

Was in love with this from the sample. Then I found out she's like a high maintanence woman who wants me for my money. $180 for 100ml seems to be the going rate. I'm not *that* in love.

Cereza
Cereza

I received the sample almost a month ago, but I was never to keen too sampling it actually, as I was always too afraid I might dislike it big time and did really want to enjoy this as I love black currant.

What Enchanted Forest does to me is priceless. It opened with almost sour kind of black currant, extremely natural and mouth watering, you can feel not only the black currant, but the leaves, the wet grass underneath the bush, the sun on the fruits. It evokes such happy feelings inside me. It is not too sweet, nor too sour, it just smells how a black currant should smell - full, ripe, a bit bitter, a bit sour and very tasty.

As it develops it gets more and more herbal, moving away from the fruit and getting unisex as I can finally imagine this on a male. At this point this feels almost animalic and dirty, but believe me - the best kind of animalic and dirty there is, it gets really sensual and sexy. I do think that this might be off putting for some people, though, but as I've understood so far in my perfume journey - the best things are not meant to please crowds.

This is with no doubt full bottle worthy. A unique scent from a master perfumer, very natural smelling, lovely concept and something I would most definitely want to get my hands on again.

raw umber

Thank you for the generous samples, Fragrantica, and Vagabond Prince!

Enchanted Forest is a masterfully executed complex fragrance, where the complexity resides in the subtlety of the composition.

This fragrance opens with JUICE: a tart and sweet combination of what seems like true to life summer fruits: I get a fresh, ripe nectarine as well as a hint of citrus, and finally the bitter black current skin and juice with the sweetness of an aperitif. The colors that come to mind here are a warm, vibrant orange as well as a deep clear crimson/purple.

From this opening, the fragrance then takes a complete and unexpected turn, and quickly retreats from the daylight into an increasingly dense forest. Even though it's called Enchanted Forest, I still wasn't expecting the woods to creep up on me.

The distinct scent of coniferous woods rises into the foreground as if out of nowhere, and as the summer fruits linger, they fall back behind the woods, combining with hints of herbs and vetiver, creating a very sensual effect.

At the very opening, I felt there was something girly happening with the juicy freshness of the fruits, but within a few minutes that completely changed and I realized that this would smell extremely seductive on a man.

At a certain point in the development on my skin, the woods take over and I watch them carefully to see if they will overpower me. As anyone who has walked deep in the forest knows, this is no playground. It would be a disappointment if the woods trampled the other notes and restricted my movements, leaving me trapped.

However, at this very point, I arrive at a clearing in the trees and the woods become softened with the appearance of tiny, delicate flowers growing all over the forest floor. Their presence in this fragrance enables the black current/coniferous woods, now at an interesting crossroads, to find assurance in these tiny flowers, a reminder that the woods are magical though dark and ominous.

In the dry down there is another distinct transition, revealing the supreme delicacy of a light, vanilla-warmed amber and soft sweet musk with traces of flowers and bitter black currant occasionally floating past and then suddenly dissipating (behind the still prominent resinous woods). A hint of patchouli adds earthy dimension to the vanilla/musk in this honeyed phase.

Longevity is excellent, though projection seems to reduce to a skin scent after a few hours, which is very pleasant to revisit throughout the day.

Enchanted Forest is an ideal metaphor for an enchanted forest: It is a journey that can not be replicated. Beginning with sweet anticipation, it is a flowing progression through a forest with occasional sudden turns, and pauses for wondering at the unexpected.

It is filled with hidden alcoves containing both living and decaying things, a darkness in certain places that is almost arresting, and ultimately the sense that both the wearer and the Enchanted Forest are simpatico, as the result of an omnipotent natural force.

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

I was also one of those honored to be chosen for a sample of this fragrance. When it arrived, I excitedly applied and waited for the experience to begin. Hmmm....I was not swept away in my mind's eye to an enchanted forest, but to my grandfather's vegetable garden. Particularly among the tomato plants. No, no, no, thought I. There must be something wrong with me! And then the forest came into view. Crisp, fresh and distinctive. As the concoction dried down, it never did lose that tomato plant tinge, but I was able to appreciate the other components, as they developed.

I later tried again, thinking it may have been an "off" night. Maybe I was tired. Give it a chance. I know that when I first sniffed what is now my signature scent (Thierry Mugler's Angel) 20 years ago, I hated it. Of course, this is very different from Angel. About as different as it gets. Yet...it is quite interesting, intriguing, enticing. The second application settled quite nicely. The tomato plant was still there. But the more complex parts of the creation were also there to balance it out. Could this possibly be something I might consider more of? Hmmmm....

Tonight, for the third time, I applied this elixir. Once again, the pungent tomato plants were raining on the parade. Then it developed into a fresh, green lushness that - although it isn't quite something I'd wear regularly - could definitely be a "fling" fragrance...in the right moment. What is that "right moment?" I'm not yet certain of that. There is still some of the precious sample left, so when the weather changes, I will try again to see.

For now, this isn't something I'd run out to buy. But it's definitely got my attention. There's something mysterious about this potion. Something very mysterious indeed!

UPDATE: This evening, after reading SirNosebleed's review, I decided to transfer the rest of my precious sample to a small spray atomizer. The difference is night and day! Gone are the "tomato plants." The full experience of this amazing scent is utterly intoxicating! It utterly sparkles with life and intrigue, with a commanding (but not demanding) presence that has me completely captivated! Now, I'm guarding what's left of my precious sample, because I can't easily get more - and I don't want to run out!

For anyone on the fence with this one, do try spraying it, rather than dabbing it. There truly IS a difference!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

It should be 'Black Currant in the forest''
I feel a slight orange vibe behind the black currant do not know if it's the leaf or fruit, but then I think the fruit predominates with that typical sweet fruity.
After a few minutes, this remains intensely fruity aroma with light floral appearances. I do not feel much different note, but I feel the famous sweet myrrh to the bottom, do not like much, opoponax, woody tone like a touch closed, but somewhat too far, which is the predominant tone of sweet fruity blackberry, original and well good!

Patriciairene01
Patriciairene01

I was lucky I got one of the samples this site sent by email. First of all, Thanks! I am no expert perfume reviewer, but I will give it a try: At first, it smells of berries mixed with oranges, but it settles within an hour and then it becomes musky and really sexy. Although I tend to dissappear magically most fragances in my body, this one stayed for a couple hours. Excellent!

K1
K1

I scarcely can use the term enchanted, rather I'm so excited! This is just a rare and uncommon representation of piquant green dark fruity tones that smells like fresh mango! I swooned!
This is not a random sweetness, nor a fruity as we're used to. Rather I get woody tones; woody like untouched evergreen woods with tiny berry shrubs.
Very lovable and unique but really I need suggestion to wear it; a bit hard to wear for men!

karrieann
karrieann

It starts sweet on me and it seems like I get a oh-so-slight hint of mint in the background. There is something in the top that opens my sinuses up a bit. Looking at the listed top notes, I think it must be the rosemary. Quite bright and happy. I was worried it might be a bit too sticky sweet for me but the sweetness fades quickly and is actually a very enjoyable little jaunt. The rosemary sticks around for about 20 minutes and it is my favorite part of this fragrance.

After about 30 minutes I begin to get the deeper scents. On me, cedar tends to dominate and I am not a fan of the cedar fragrance. I can smell the cedar but in Enchanted Forest, it does not overpower everything else. I pick up the spicy carnation and the creamy warm basenotes. Amber, benzoin, balsam. The slight sweet of vanilla and still a touch of that unique rosemary every so often.

In my opinion it is more of a winter or evening fragrance. It is easy to close your eyes and imagine walking though a forest at night, guided along your path by the light of the moon.

This is a beauty of a fragrance. Not overly loud or aggressive. I feel very lucky to have found a sample of this little gem in my mailbox. This is a fragrance I will definitely want for my collection.

guiasuperstar
guiasuperstar

This perfume is unique, it really smeels like an enchanted forest. I don't like it on me but i love it on my boyfriend, it smells like nothing I have smell before and used on men is mysterious and rich without being too strong.

mizsadako
mizsadako

I absolutely loved this fragrance. It’s not frivolous or vain, it's not sweet either. Truly, it is a bit tyrannic, greenish and nocturnal. It’s so uncommon that demands as partner someone with a strong personality. Is that you?

spartan
spartan

Very nice pleasant smell, ideal for the Females. Definitely not A Man's scent. This smells like welches grape juice and Red wine mixed together. VERY well done, however again it's for Women.. Real Men take A pass on this.....
Women this is intoxicating to men, in my opinion you will attract A LOT of attention wearing this from the opposite sex.

CDGfan
CDGfan

SweetnSpicy hit it exactly on the money, this smells like bad body odor and spoiled fruit juice. It hurts me to say it, as it came in a nice package but it does. Sorry Vagabond perfumes better luck next time! When I picture a Russian forest, I imagine something like Dsquared's rocky mountain wood or CDG's Zagorsk, not BO from a high school locker room.

*sophi*
*sophi*

This is a very woody aromatic fragrance with the sweetness of blackcurrant, the green aroma of the leaves of the plant and the freshness of the herbs at the opening .
The scent begins to unfold its heart ... until then, its intense woodsy character and the smell of herbs seem noticeable at first, slowly recede and give their turn to flowers and resin of fir which makes it more balsamic without missing the woody tone ...
The fruity character of the scent is not lost but the aroma of blackcurrant is there from the beginning to the end of the composition ..
Now , as the perfume dries ,there is my favorite part... a sensibility manifested by the addition of benzoin, vanilla and musk;
the scent softens and smoothes up until it leaves a lovely trail on skin.
Patchouli and opoponax at the base play an assisting role in the formulation ; they do not stand out.
The route follows the aroma is really enchanting ... green woody -floral- balsamic and deep fruity from beginning to the end!
Very nice fragrance and very exciting to wear.

While everybody sounds so enchanted, I, for one, am regretfully disenchanted. For me this is not outdoorsy or natural. It's a combination of body odor, concentrated fruit juice, and a sharp note that I can not escape. It reminds me of lantana, a weed that smells really sharply weedy, for lack of better words. Evergreen notes are tough, as they usually smell like body odor on my skin, such as Acqua di Parma's Cipresso. I especially can't handle the pungent lantana, which might be current leaf. It clobbers the entire fragrance and won't back down for the entire duration of wear. Projection and longevity are very good by the way.

Hours into the drydown is when Enchanted Forest becomes ok, as the resins and dry woods start to push their way past the screeching lantana, creating a more naturally sweet and woody effect that I hoped I would get from the start, rather than the syrupy fruit juice. If only I could get those resins and woods without all the other notes--I'd be in Heaven! They are very natural and beautiful. The concept here reminds me of DelRae's Bois de Paradis, but for some reason BdP fares a lot better with my chemistry.

Kudos to Mr. Douchaufour, whose perfumes I tend to love. I seem to be in the minority here.

Jurikas
Jurikas

I wanna thank Fragrantica for the sample, very nice gesture, it was unexpected :), beauty black currant, i remember my summers when i spend like a little boy in country in belarus. Now i am black currant man, warm wishes for all here.

susanlouise9

I thank Fragrantica and The Vagabond Prince for the sample I won!

I wore the generous sized sample of Enchanted Forest for a full 3 days, to get an appreciation of it.
Enchanted Forest has an amazingly unique and yes -enchanting - top note with the blast of Black Current and Black Current Leaves. But within a couple of hours moving into the middle notes and then later the base notes - the black current quickly goes away and it becomes a common sweet/sticky scent which I've smelled in various forms in the past fifteen years or so.

Bluefirefaerie
Bluefirefaerie

Is this available anywhere yet? I would love to try it!

lisarad
lisarad

I've been wearing this for several days now...and I really like it. The opening is quite peppery with that black current undertone, and then it quickly goes to a cool rushy metallicky almost juniper-like scent. It then, after about an hour, moves into a scent that I highly enjoyed (well, I did enjoy it all frankly) softly balsam interplayed nicely with light floral, and just a touch of the berry remained. The floral was just background...the balsam was in the forefront. I was a little worried about the castoreum...too much makes me nauseated, but this just gave it a solid base, along with the musk. Overall, I've enjoyed wearing this perfume quite a bit, especially since it is cold outside and this fits the weather and my mood. The kiddo's at my school (I am a librarian) really like it. They said I smelled fresh. It's nice to smell fresh without citrus! Count me a happy camper with this one. BTW, it had enormous longevity...but sat close to my skin...only a couple of kiddo's noticed I was wearing it, and that only after I was helping them find books..so we were actually standing right next to each other. EDIT: Noticed someone mentioned something I forgot...there isn't a hint of sweetness, I love that!

I'm afraid I can't say I'm "enchanted". The fragrance opens with a sort of Kir Royale/winey vibe and boatloads of black currant giving birth to an original accord that while smelling interesting it's far from what I usually like to apply on my skin . Green-ish elements provide nice but not completely successful sweet-and-sour, fruity-fresh facets enhancing, somehow, the sparkling-winey notes. The fragrance then quickly evolves into a woody-resiny oriental which feels a bit formulaic and, in the end, not much intriguing.

I'm a big fan of Duchaufour but I'm afraid I can't compare Enchanted Forest to the huge amont of masterpieces he delivered so far (Mohur, Trayee, Jubilation XXV, several Comme Des Garcons, several L'Artisans...to name only a few). Not bad but far from beng a winner in my book. Sorry.

Rating: 6.5/10

muza
muza

Lovely fragrance. On my skin it starts with a touch of chilly forest air and blackcurrant buds. Then comes my favorite stage when it smells like fresh and concentrated blackcurrant juice, yum. And then it slowly transformes into slightly sweet and somehow velvety berries with just a hint of firwood. What I don't think I like is some synthetic feeling coming from within, but when I wear EF on my neck it doesn't smell sharp or artificial so I believe I'll be fine with it.

Gulnara
Gulnara

I just received my sample. I can't say it reminds me of any scent I used or sniffed before. It is somewhat unique. I am in the forest right now :) I smell a lot of green leaves, bushes. A lot of thanks to the Vagabond Prince & Fragrantica. I like top notes in this perfume.

cbishton
cbishton

I was thrilled to receive my sample after returning from a holiday in India and Dubai. After experiencing the squalor and pollution of Delhi followed by the arid desert this Enchanted Forest was a true delight.

I loved it instantly. To my surprise I could easily identify the black currant (usually I have a hard time picking out single notes in fragrances, with the exception of jasmine, rose, or vanilla.)

I guess I can understand how some might find this fragrance to be a bit masculine but to me it is feminine and very very unique. I have been searching for so long for fragrance that is different and doesn't invoke chemical headaches. This perfume is exquisite. As it evolves on my skin it wanders from bold fruit at the onset, to dusky forest, to a chill evergreen path in the winter. I lived in the Blue Ridge Mountains for several years and now live at the beach. This fragrance takes me back to those wooded brown trails, leafy green spaces, and expansive views. I can almost see the mushrooms and white and pink Mountain Laurel and Rhododendruns. I can hear the leaves crushing beneath my feet. When I can't relax I retrace the hiking paths I knew so well in my mind and this perfume takes me there.

As a remarkable bonus for such a pricey scent I could not believe it when I woke the next day with the fragrance still fresh on my wrist, just as lovely as the first hours I wore it the day before.

This is an update six months later. I still LOVE this fragrance. My boyfriend, who is from India does too. It reminds him of the scent of the temples he visited as a child. From a European forest to India, oh my. It's fascinating how different fragrances are to each individual. Upon reading these reviews one would think there were a myriad different fragrances being reviewed here, surely not just this one - the impressions from one person to the next are so vastly different. This one makes me swoon in sensuality. I AM the forest. Simply cannot get enough of this one and my sample's nearly gone. I cannot imagine the joy of having it in a spray. :(

Yay, happy birthday to me - guess what I got in the prettiest box ever? And yes, the spray is divine. :) A friend tells me it is earthy on me. I love it.

rutaj
rutaj

This one is close to perfection- deep, mysterious, noir and vert at the same time. No vanilla or any other sweet/like elements, however.
Mystic walk in a forest and overripe black currant berries eaten in loneliness of deep ancient forest- this is a frag for myths, fairy tales, forces natural and eternal

napeerba
napeerba

yes received the sample.. thanks so much vagabond. the perfumes are so awesome will give it to my girlfriend :)
thanks so much

toffelin
toffelin

Thank you Fragrantica for the samples =)

Yesterday I tried it and this is how it developed on my skin...
The first thing I sensed was the scent of black currant leaf and rosemary. It was a nice scent but it didn't feel like a scent I would want to wear.

After 5-10 minutes I started to smell some black currant mixed with the leaf-scent. At this time it started to feel like it was going to be an interresting perfume.

10-15 min: Fir and sap is starting to appear together with the other scents.

15-30 min: The black currant is getting more and more prominent and the fir and leaf-scent is still there. Now I feel like I'm in a forest full of fir, picking black currants while a mild breeze is blowing through the black currant bush and mixing the scent from the leaves with all the other scents. I like it more and more...

30-45 min: The fir and bush-scent is now getting milder while the black currant is amazing. Now I'm starting to love the perfume.

60 min: It's absolutely amazing. I can't stop sniffing on my wrist. The scent is so special. It doesn't remind me of any other perfume I have ever smelled. It feels so genuine and natural. It really feels like I'm in an enchanted forest filled with bushes of black currant. I'm in love!

olubojo.bantu
olubojo.bantu

So I missed the giveaways now what? Cant be bought where I live. Please I need someone from fragrantica to be nice enough to help me purchase perfumes that are out of my reach due to location as it is becoming increasingnly frustrating! aarrgghh...So Enchanted forest did surpass expectations. Jeca...I didn't get my sample!

MonarC
MonarC

Sample has arrived today! Opening is a rush of black currant and balsam fir, which reminds me smell of christmas tree. Smell is very natural, pleasant and relaxing.

salix
salix

I completly agree with sky76sky!
The opening is very nice fresh and authentic black currant,wonderfull, dark green forest,but on my skin after 15 minuts I have only a bit of forest bodygel or somthing.For me good drugstore parfume,nice and not longlasting.
Thanks fragrantica to possibility to taste this,taste EF by yourself,maybe it's only my skin,but it's not,what I expected...Sorry...But the opening is very nice and ....... so short.

Lily's diary
Lily's diary

Le parfum le plus bizarre que j'ai testé dans ma vie!!

Disa_17
Disa_17

How interesting the number of reviews this fragrance has provoked. I received my two samples yesterday, thank you very much. For me to get to know a perfume I wear it to bed and by the time I wake up with it I can truly tell if I love or dislike it. Well I really LOVE it!  I live in tropical Australia. I'm always on the hunt for perfumes I can wear in this extremely hot and humid part of the world. When I first applied the sent I initially got a hit of crushed mint leaves, which isn't in the composition. However, this turned into the  blackcurrent buds absolute. Definitely not sickly but a very delicate sensuous note. I don't have a perfume anything like it. It's absolutely unique, absolutely fresh, and, lovely, lovely, lovely. I can't wait to be able to purchase the flacon.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I got my sample and this really made my day. The fragrance is gripping and moving and very aptly named. When I dabbed some on, I felt as though I was in the middle of a dark forest and eating some forbidden fruit as the chill of evening wraps me. It is a complicated concoction---weird and thrilling at the same time.

I smell dark berries and fresh green grass beautifully intertwined.

Thank you for giving me a chance to try this amazing fragrance.

angel6
angel6

Thank you fragrantica for the oportunity to try this new perfume.
I tried last night and I have to be honesty, it was not love, there is a pungent smell that keeps me from like it, beach girl discribe it as tomatos leafs ,maybe it would suit a man better.

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

I received a free tester of this, and my excitement was matched by the scent! It is very impressive and complex! The black currant is successfully the heart of the composition. I would classify this as unisex, because while it is sweet enough to be for a woman, it is deeply aromatic and woodsy musky enough to be a men's scent.
It seems too good to wear for any occasion, so Ill probably keep the tester for ever like a secret snack.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is a very inspiring fragrance. Enchanted Forest indeed! It smells so much like a real fresh cut Christmas tree in every sense. Just beautiful. Second I get the black current...delicious! I get nothing bad in this as some have, just a beautifully done, non-offensive perfume. Equally feminine and masculine.

It reminds me of walking in a pine forest in the early morning, just before dawn, after the first Christmas sparkling twinkling Christmas snow blanketing the trees...enchanting! It is now in my dreams to find this beautiful bottle under the tree next Christmas! Thank you Fragrantica for the opportunity to try this treasure!

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

WOW! I am already enchanted from the first sniff! It seams that today when perfume industry blooms and there are so many new releases, to make an original new creation requests lot of courage. Fortunately, some people have the ambition, talent and courage to asume that risk - to offer something completly against trends. And considering the exquisite quallity of Enchanted Forest scent, it has lots of potential to educate taste and introduce people to a new kind of art of scent.

The smell amazes me from the start with it`s natural aspect, intensity and uniqueness of the ingredients. Black currant is a very aromatic and juicy note with hints of woods that dominates the whole composition. It is a versatile and complex note, so it can play well with very different other ingredients from herbs to vanilla. Black currant is indeed very present here from top to bottom. In each of this stages it infuses the other notes with it`s aromatic and zesty smell.

The perfume starts EXTREMLEY green, like a fresh and dewy emerald pine forest. The smell is moist and refreshing, clam and peaceful. I want to keep my wrist close to my nose all the time, not to loose a bit of it`s development. Because it develops, alot.

Also in the first minutes I get a very realistic smell of nettle, but it could be also the black currant leaf, who knows...After about 15 minutes the green aromatic scent turns it`s ride to a meadow, where roses are about to flourish. The rose smell is discreet, It`s`more like I get whiffs of it from the distance, not like sinking my nose in it`s petals. I`m just aware of it`s presence.
At this stage, the perfume tends to be more feminine as it was in the first minutes. What I like very much is the fact that the top notes don`t disappear, many other notes are added to them in time, forming a very complex, almost giant structure. I can not say the base is sweet, not typically sweet, but it gets a warm roundness from amber and resins.

The perfume pyramid looks fenomenal and I`m sure I skipped to mention many notes I recognized in it, like rosemary in the top notes or sweet orange that gives also a juicy aspect, and on the other hand at first test I didn`t get whiffs of red wine and vanila. It is indeed a very mysterious perfume taken from fairy tales, it is the smell of a forest in the moonlight and I`m contemplating the sky full of shiny stars thinking of my prince.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I was fortunate to try my first sprays of Enchanted Forest at the Javoy perfume boutique in Paris just a few days ago. When a bottle is as beautiful as this, the mind wonders, 'What's going to be inside?' While so many perfumers go to extreme lengths to make the most minimal and understated bottles, Enchanted Forest promises something far more complex, Eastern, and exotic.

With the first spray it was like a hand grabbed hold of me and we flew over the tops of the pine trees and then landed deep, deep into the forest. The scent of pine needles and bursting ripe black currants fills the nose with an immense vaporous cloud. The projection is vast - the scent envelops the skin and then lingers in an almost smoky puff of frost on a cold day. What a complex and earthy scent -at one turn fruity like berries in wine and sugar, and then darker and deeper like the thick underbrush of scurrying animals' homes, old wooden cabins hidden behind the trees complete with musk, cedar and castorm.

As a Russian friend described to me, fairy tales of the East are not nearly as cut-and-dried as they are in the west. Characters are never all good or all evil - they are far more human than heroes or villains. As I let Enchanted Forest develop on my skin, you can clearly see how this scent was inspired by the forest of fairy tales. Like the complicated characters of Baba Yaga or Father Frost, the scent moves and jumps from sweetness to resin, then deep greens and aldehydes to chilled air. It never settles into one single scent: it is a myriad of notes from the landscape that moves forward but alighting on the branches of the trees like cuckoo birds.

Enchanted Forest is a concept perfume - it's about history, adventure and discovery, and it uses elements that bring this journey alive in new ways - the C02 extractions add a particularly pungent and delicious reality of scent experience that is not quite like any perfumeI've come across. It offers something to both men and women due to the carefully selected elements like artemis and carnation.

In an age of over-simplicity and a race toward the sleekest of design in all things, Enchanted Forest offers us the mysterious world of ancient folklore in a perfume that can bewitch and entrance the wearer.

Yamba1
Yamba1

My sample vial arrived safely today in Australia thanks. It was tested today on a stinking hot day in the sub tropics- 35 degrees C and about 80% humidity. To be truthful, I was worried about how a perfume with these ingredients and his complexity would stand up to the heat. Most of the previous reviews have tested in chilly winter conditions.

The initial application was a bit of a wild ride. The black currant was thick and almost urinous, resembling a strong concentration of Ribena. Lurking beneath this was the vetiver which managed to keep things this side of being 'too' sweet. Minutes after, the perfume developed into the heart notes and softens considerably. Black currant still takes centre stage but is mellowed by the woody, earthy notes. Funnily, it's still airy and not too dense, considering the heat, no doubt to the balancing act of fruit and woods.
Although its not the first perfume I would reach for in the Australian summer, it is something that could be worn year round. I suspect the black currant note would carry the perfume in the summer, and the woody/earthy notes would lend itself to winter wear. Thanks Fragrantica for the opportunity to test run this one !

pianomanmiller
pianomanmiller

This is a very intriguing fragrance. My first feeling was being in the woods. The fir tree note came out very early on me. I have never been a big fan of the piny Polo smell but that is not what is present In this fragrance. This is such a real evergreen green smell. It reminded me of walking around our ranch here in Texas right before the sun goes down. After a bit the black current comes to the front. To me, it was almost like biting in to one and tasting the juice in your mouth. There is a very dark, almost erotic quality to this fragrance. It sweet, dirty, woody quality to it.

mjc17601
mjc17601

I have been wearing my sample of enchanted forest on and off since I received it. When first applied, I smell fresh sage, next the wonderful smell of pine, leaves, cedar, moss and damp earth. It reminds me of walking in the woods during late summer when I go up to our house in Maine. A wonderful living scent. For me it is a scent of life. Walking in the woods, hearing and feeling the crunch of twigs and leaves beneath my feet as I walk. The sticky sap from pine trees and how it smells when you lift your hands to your face and breath in deep. Delightful. I look forward to being able to buy this fragrance.
On a side note, on Dec 15 I attended a luncheon in NYC. Francois Damide was there and he presented a number of fragrances. When I mentioned Enchanted Forest, he lit up and was very excited about this new fragrance. I became even more impatient for my vial to arrived. Of course this is old news, since I only have a few drops of my sample. When will it hit the store????

sky76sky
sky76sky

Do I like it? Yes. Is it love? Sadly, no. High hopes dashed.

Billed as an ode to blackcurrent - if you are a fruity scent lover & appreciate this plant & berry you will no doubt love this rich & fruity autumn gem. Alas. For me the concept was good but the delivery fell a little short of the mark set by other Duchaufour scents.

I guess throwing in the word "enchanted" entitles your forest to smell any darn way you want it to - but sadly it lacked the magic needed to hypnotise this nose.

The opening is tricky, but not in a good way. I love cats but I do not want to be mistaken for the mad lady with 37 pusses who smells of cat-wee. Grapefruit has often been a cat-wee culprit for me, but here it must be the mix of aldehydes, blackcurrent leaf & citrus peel. It's a car-crash on my wrist - I don't want to but I keep going back for another sniff "just to be sure"...ooof!

Luckily, the scent swiftly skips on to a more mainstream vibe: juicy, fruity, boozy, blackcurrent. Ribena, blackcurrent sours, cassis, boiled sweets - put them in a vat & mix them up to make a sour & syrupy tipple. I can't say I find it very classy but at least it is unapologetic in its stance (think snakebite-&-black rather than kir-royale). The projection at this point is bold.

Half an hour in & the patient perfumista will be rewarded with the best phase of this scent. Gone is the cat-wee. The cocktail has been diluted. Enter a rich & thick powder. Like a fog it creeps over pond water, pine needles & moss & adds a warmth to the increasingly boozey-bitter berry scent. I'm not usually a fan of fruity scents but this part is very pleasant - well-mannered yet intriguing. Then just when I am beginning to enjoy it, in a puff it is gone! A trace of powder on pine, a stain of the sticky liqueur, sweet & soft.

Where oh where is the wet earth falling from this enchanted plant? The dark woods? The decaying leaves? The deep-black basey aspects? The twists, mists, magic & mystery? EF is perfect if you like pretty but I would prefer a more difficult and dirty version of this classic Disney scent.

Kiku
Kiku

I was dismayed to see this described as "fruity" -- fruitys are one of my least favorite fragrance families. Too many cheap celebrity perfumes are stinkbombs of overripe fruit. But "Enchanted Forest" is a pleasant surprise. On first spray I smell black currant; pink pepper; and a creamy vanilla. It is fresh, luscious, and sparkling. Something soft emerges from the heart, something warm and soft like cashmere. The drydown is full of cool, spicy notes. It is indeed a forest and an enchanted one.

imgcas
imgcas

This must be the holy grail for blackcurrant lovers. Even me, who don't love fruity scents, have to say that this is a masterpiece.
Blackcurrant, wine, rum, rosemary... are the most noticeble notes for me.
It's strong on my skin, but on dry skins it turns soft, nice and more femenine.
When my mother smelt it, without knowing the name of the fragrance, said: It smells like a forest!

angelinadsjp
angelinadsjp

I WAS DELIGHTED TO RECEIVE MY SAMPLE OF 'ENCHANTED FOREST' GORGEOUS - I LOVE IT - SEXY SPICY - COOL AND
THE FOREST FLOOR FRAGRANCE DRIFTS - THINK WALKING IN THE WOODS - WINTERY FEELING - THOUGH WOULD BE ULTIMATELY WEARABLE ALL YEAR THROUGH - ITS POWERFUL - CHANGES TO REVEAL PINK PEPPER AND I CATCH THE POWERFUL
RUSSIAN FRAGRANCE OF CORIANDER SEED - A MIRACLE IN A LITTLE PHIAL -LOVE IT - WILL BUY IT AND HAVE PASSED TO A FRIEND TO TRY (I WAS LOATHE TO PART) BUT SHE LOVES IT TOO AND WILL ALSO BE A CONVERT--I CAN FEEL VANILLA- CEDAR AND HONEYSUCKLE---THANKS FOR SENDING THE TRIAL PHIAL..ANGELINA...UK

Ouch!
Ouch!

Yay I got samples..that was a nice surprise.

So..this fragrance..I feel it does exactly what it says on the tin.
My first thoughts were, omg..this smells like "Dewberry" by the Body Shop. All you fans of Dewberry which is no longer available are gonna love this.
It has that same vibe, a slightly spicy, green blackcurrant smell.

It starts out with lots of sharp but juicy blackcurrants and some greenery/herbalness. It's only slightly sweet but it smells natural, not synthetic (I would hope so too after the amount of research that went into it)It's more pine, than say..grassy or stemmy. There is a slight medicinal side to this scent but only a tinge!

The blackcurrant sweetness/tanginess fades extremely quickly and MORE greenery/pine comes forward. This is when I think it really smells like Dewberry, almost a dead ringer. I like it, it's like...grown up blackcurrant, very wintery...very piney. It reminds me slightly of a yankee candle, in a good way of course.

It turns more and more spicy as it dries further and the blackcurrant becomes an undertone or background note which gets stomped over by the "forest" notes.

Annnnnd then it gets gently softer again and more well rounded. Soft greenery and a tinge of fruity blackcurrant.

All of this happens very quickly on my skin though, it's like a journey, a short lived journey.

It doesn't project off of my skin very far..this is going to be a close to the skin scent and unfortunately it fades quite quick. Wish it had more punch.

With such a GORGEOUS array of notes, I think alot of them get lost. It's so unfortunate..I guess I was expecting more. :(

I'll definitley enjoy my samples though but it won't be a purchase. Thanks so much for sending it to me!

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

This is so delightful to me.
I had lived in 12 acres of woods for 11 years, near a river, and this reminds me of dark lush forest, damp, green , brown and black. Mysterious, sexy.
Secluded and close, yet expansive.
It is strong, it is true flowers and buds, moss and needles, woods and spices. With the rum, can bring on a masculinity. I love the boozey mixture of rum and wine.
My husband spotted the sample vial on a tray that holds my room aromas, and with his big hands, attempted to open the tiny bottle to apply some to me - in which some drip dropped onto his hand, and it smells Oooo wonderful on him, as it does, of course, on ME!
I believe this could be a signature scent for me, as well as him.
I would dare wear this all year `round.
It is so refreshing - away from all the sugary candy sweet scents, away from the so called glam and sophisticated scents, away from the synthetic cheap, away from powder. This is not girly pink princesses and fairies of lightness. In a way, it also brings me deja vu from 1970`s - I cannot describe it. It is much fresher however - I do not detect an 'old odor' at all. I cannot think of one fragrance that I adore as much of this one, right now.
Thank you, The Vagabond Prince, and Fragrantica, for the excellent and well received offering ! I am thrilled to be one of the first 500 people in the world to experience this beautiful fragrance :)

mahin
mahin

I tried a friend's sample and was not surprised that I loved this fragrance. I am always on the lookout for great renditions of black current and "Enchanted Forest" is just that. This new fragrance bears a striking resemblance to one of my favorite indie perfumes of all time, Olympic Orchids' "Midsummer Day's Dream". Many of the notes are the same but the overall effect of each fragrance is distinctly different. "Enchanted Forest" is cool and light while "Midsummer Day's Dream" is warm and luxurious. Both are beautiful takes on black current and both are certainly worth owning.

nastyamason

Thanks to the generous fragrantican who sent me his sample, I was able to try this fragrance and I fell in love! This is a very familiar scent of black current, not just berries, like in many fruity fragrances, but entire bush with branches and leaves. The smell is so authentic that it instantly transports me back to Russia and back in time to my childhood when I spent my summers at dacha (Russian summer house). We had a lot of bushes of black current and it smelled exactly like Enchanted Forest. Yet, this perfume is more complex, there is something else intermingles with black current, I just cannot tell what it is. The creator of this perfume is a genius!

Because of my memories I envision sunny summer day, not dark, mysterious, almost scary forest, as it was described. I do not pick up fir notes at all, and it is alright with me, since I am already more than impressed. When I first apply Enchanted forest on my clothes, I smell some flowers as well, may be carnation, in addition to predominant note of black current. On my skin, I do not pick up flowers at all. This is a very precious perfume to me and I am looking forward to buying a full bottle of it. For me it is impossible to enjoy perfumes without having this beauty in my collection. I applaud Bertrand Duchaufour for creating this masterpiece and many thanks to d-d-d-drew for letting me try this fragrance before its release.

Edit: Thank you so much, Elena, for the sample! I was so sad that missed the giveaway but ended up with two samples! I absolutely LOVE it! Cannot wait for full size bottle!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Sample arrived yesterday - a nice way to start the morning! I liked this at first sniff and loved it at second and third sniff. I'm immediately reminded of Christmas trees - the lovely warm pine needle smell of a sunny forest floor. The blackcurrant is absolutely delicious, juicy and very Cassis liqueur-like, then the blackcurrant blossom and leaf come in - notes I adore as they really remind me of childhood games in forests, getting dirty knees discovering the flora and fauna. I find this stage almost eye wateringly delicious

About an hour in I begin to get the resins, musk and castoreum, all warmed up with a lovely fuzzy yet bitter orange note and subtle vanilla. The pink pepper is quite subtle too, but adds a festive spark. Some musk notes give me a headache, but these musk notes (I'm not good enough at this to distinguish which causes what) remind me of clean warm cat fur, so for me the dry down is a fluffy kitten rolling around in sun warmed pine needles.

Love this perfume, what talent! It's so interesting for me that I recently tried another of Bertrand Duchaufour's creations - Amaranthine, and while I admire that I couldn't wear it - these two perfumes are radically different, proving that true artists always experiment and are never complacent - they're astronauts of the senses!

Later edit, I've noticed the dry down is different every time, sometimes I get a light patchouli and other times either pine or cassis, really interesting! It does smell quite male, so it depends what mood you're in/after

wendyb1063
wendyb1063

I received my sample today in the mail, and this review only reflects the first hour or so of wearing it.

I like this a lot. Yes, it is black currant in a big way, at least initially, but it somehow avoids the dreaded eau de cat pee. The coriander is a nice mix with the fruit, and the rum helps hold it all together. I get a hint of the dry floral sweetness from the carnation as well. It is woodsy and not overly sweet.

I think that this perfume could work on men or women. For me it is very dreamy, not really exotic or sexy. I want to keep smelling my wrist and going to the place that this scent takes me.

aucffan1
aucffan1

As a guy I don't find this to be a serious fragrance.. It is not for a professional environment or blue collar work place..

It would be a good summer picnic scent, grocery shopping, shopping at the mall, any fun activity.. I do not get any cat anything.. It really is a great smelling perfume..

I would say it is going to be favored by the ladies rather than the men 1,000 times to 1..

Very fruity, almost Welch's Grape juice like...

I may use this before bedding down with my lady but would not wear it to work..

8-10 over all smell

3-10 versatility

judyk

Enchanted Forest opened with a shot of black currant rum which instantly vanished to leave a masculine woods scent. Not woody - woods. A vast and timeless forest.

I was surprised by the number of notes listed, yet equally surprising (to me at least, as I'm not very good at this) was the number of them I could actually pick out - fir, black currant leaf, vanilla, castoreum, patchouli, rosemary, amber, sweet orange, rose, rum, pink pepper.

At first I felt it was too aggressive a scent for me to really enjoy. But then, about an hour in, the musk appeared and the vanilla and florals became a bit more noticeable. The whole thing "relaxed" in a way - hovering between the edge of the enchanted forest and a gently sunlit clearing alive with wildflowers and herbs.

The drydown was a soft smoky sweetness, like a yule log burning in a far off cabin.

vialon3
vialon3

This has so many ingredients which is equal to the best vintages in their day! The Oakmoss for example is not found in today's fragrances and it is character building in a perfume, I think. And this perfume has a lot of character! I love the Blackcurrant! One must respect this perfume Gem. I will wear it for special dress up. Thank you Fragrantica for the opportunity! It was a very nice surprise!

Jaki
Jaki

The most balckcurranty perfume I have yet smelt. I like the opening with its blackcurrant/pine opening and like the earthy drydown but at the moment it is a like not love perfume. I will wear it to work today to see if my opinion changes and if my colleagues like it.

newson
newson

Got home from Christmas vacation with this sitting in my mail. From outside the bottle, the sheer strength of this was evident. My wife did not like it at first but after about 15 minutes she said I could wear it anywhere.

As for me, this scent is a powerful earthy and woodsy scent, like it just rained in a pine forest and God shook pepper on the forest floor. Dries down very nicely. Blackcurrant is awesome. Doesn't last very long on my skin but maybe that's because I was trying to keep the sample for a few more uses after my wife's thumbs up.

Definitely works with my chemistry. I'll be buying as soon as it is comes out

pattia
pattia

First, thank you for choosing me to preview this perfume! I received it today.

When I first applied it, I was overpowered by the strong evergreen scent, so I waited...

After it dries, the strong evergreen fades significantly, and I get a lovely musky oriental, which I like. Being an oriental-spicy-vanilla lover, this is what I was hoping for. However, there is enough of the evergreen left to keep it from becoming completely sweet and spicy, which separates it from my other oriental-spicy favorites.

The remaining evergreen is what makes it a unisex scent to me. I can totally imagine hugging either a female or male friend hello and detecting this scent on her/him.

I was first taken by surprise and could not decide if I liked it, but the muskiness is growing on me. I have not had a musky scent for many years, and I now look forward to wearing this one.

Thank you!

Galya
Galya

I'm in Uk too,and I have got it today! Nice perfume ,good quality,I love it!
Reminds me a lot od Mona di orio cuir,but only in the heart of base (I think it's a combination of castoreum and opponax make me remember mona di orio).The beginning is very fresh,I remember the garden of my grand mother in Russia where there are a lot of black current.Very long lasting and rich perfume!

rosecityfriend
rosecityfriend

Enchanted Forest is perfectly named -- as soon as I opened my sample vial, I said to my husband, "Mmmm, smells like our Christmas tree!" Smells like a dark, luscious, old-growth forest of fragrant fir and cedar trees. Alas, my nose didn't detect much fruit or flowers amidst all the greenery and woodsy smells, nor any vanilla, but if I do notice those notes when I test again, I will add to my review. Enchanted Forest is very appropriate for either sex, leaning a bit more to the "masculine" side. A very nice fragrance for the winter holidays to brighten up cold nights! Update: I think I do get a whiff of vanilla after 2-3 hours, or at least, the evergreen fragrance becomes a bit sweeter and softer. Reminded me a little of a candy cane...

Sassy1
Sassy1

Enchanted Forest is a full blown black current scent with all the leaves, twigs and berries nestled in a pine forest. This said, the very top also includes the infamous urinous quality that may not appeal to some. It only lasts for about a minute or so which is not a deal breaker for me.
I don't know what concentration the samples are but wore 2 drops on wrists until it faded (3-4 hrs). What I got after the 1st few minutes was a steady peachy-fir smell with just a touch of cedar. While it has a deep and luxurious feel, it came off very linear to me with no real progreesion or stages through it's life. It may be that it's so well blended I can't pick out any of the other various notes. It also has fairly minimal sillage and projection, skin close after about 1/2 hour.
I would classify it as a fruity woody if there was such a thing and can see it being a favorite around the holidays. It does have unisex possibilites but leans more toward the feminine side I think.
Overall, it's a "like" for me.
I work with a few other perfumaholics in my office so I'll see what they think and follow up as well.

Thank you, Fragrantica for the opportunity to sample your new fragrance...Bon Chance!

judyk

I'm in England and received a sample today. Thank you very much!! I'll be back to review shortly.

likethedrink
likethedrink

received my sample this week, wore it today, loved it, smells like I have black currants and orange all around me and I am drinking a kir cocktail..happy new year!!!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I got my sample in the mail last week and was so happy that I won a chance to test this out before it's launch. The black currant never leaves, and on me it stays throughout the top, mid, and base notes. It smells like black currant's and the vine (or the green leaves), in a forest. And there are all these other notes that seem pretty well balanced. Nothing is harsh or too intense, but it lingers for hours. I was weary of the aldehydes because I'm not a fan of those, but I don't pick up on them in Enchanted Forest. It's sparkling and unique. Well done.
The only thing that worries me is the vial I got is a little harder to open.

nargis
nargis

The initial ripe fruit and black currant opens into a dark forest complete with a witch's scary (but ever so sweet) candy cottage, perhaps the one that lured Hansel and Gretel. This fairy tale eventually dries down to a boozy (rum and davana), grown-up, earthy finish. A wonderful story told in scent. The sillage and longevity are both moderate on my skin.

Thank you, Fragrantica, for the sample. I will be purchasing this one when it becomes available.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I was very pleasantly surprised to receive the sample in the mail just before xmas, and have been wearing Enchanted Forest for three days now. I'll be sad indeed when the little vial is empty...

On reading the notes, I honestly didn't expect to like it all that much; I thought it sounded like an excellent scent for the home, perhaps, but not necessarily for wearing. I also thought that the blackcurrent note would give it more fruitiness than I care for in a perfume. Wrong---happily wrong--on both counts.

The opening is wonderfully green and bright, but not sharp---fir trees and something a bit spicy, presumably the pink peppercorn; and a gentle sparkle of aldehydes. A slight, transient hint of cognac? Maybe I'm sensing the rum and wine listed. Then it begins to warm up, opening further, and the pleasantly, but not excessively, fruity scent of blackcurrent appears...it's very like a walk in a forest at this point, evergreeens and crushed leaves and berries, a hint of herbal growth underfoot. As it warms, I almost smell flowers---notes list honeysuckle, rose, carnation, and hawthorn---it seems not so much these distinct flowers as a melange of characteristics from all of them, and it does remind me of the creamy, almost fey scent of hawthorn blossom. The flowers dry down into a subtle velvety scent that enfolds the cassis/blackcurrent. At this point, it's gently spicy, and a bit of vetiver and patchouli is detectable. A sense of warmth continues to grow as the resinous components release their scents...benzoin, an ambery base, and a musky layer appears. Vanilla curls through, slightly sweetening the smoky musk/castoreum; oakmoss and woods become more apparent now, the fir wood reasserts itself, and it reads as a chypre at this stage---a beautiful, complex chypre rendition of a primordial woodland.

Sillage is not heavy, but people who lean in for an embrace will notice it. Perhaps with a more generous application from a spray bottle, it might have more projection. Duration is rather good; I applied a drop at bedtime and the scent was still there in the morning. Effortlessly unisex, as well.

Over the course of several days I find that I've become very fond of this perfume, and indeed, have decided that I want a full bottle, pronto...Perfect holiday scent, yes, and perfect all year 'round, I'd say.

In the ancient wood,
Green spirits dancing wildly
Walk out and join them...

honeybee53
honeybee53

Thank you, Fragrantica and The Vagabond Prince. I recieved mine on December 24th my birthday. What a nice gift. Thanks again!!!!!

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Thank you to the folks over at "Vagabond".
I was not aware that they were here in my backyard, San Diego CA.
Nice sample/vial card and fast time!

Talk about earthy/green smelling! At first whiff this is what I expected Demeter's Dirt to smell like, sorta..............

Dark and definetely on the masculine end of the spectrum, well at least in my mind. A few minutes in and I believe the currant takes over and rules the detectable notes. Oddly enough though this strong starter ends rather abruptly after 2-3 hours on me.

Rather linear, I'll give it a few more tries.

Whit
Whit

First off, I just want to say "Thanks" for the sample! I got it in the mail a few days ago and I decided to "field test" it while my hubby and I were out Christmas shopping. I got a lot of compliments from some other shoppers telling me how nice I smelled. People were surprised (and confused) when I told them the name, which required me to launch into an explanation of the fragrance. After that, they seemed even more intrigued by the scent.

Now, for the frag itself. The black currant in this is nicely done; almost smells like the real thing! It's very juicy and fruity, then it takes a turn to a more "fir-like" scent, which isn't bad at all. It actually reminds me of Christmas to be honest! As it's drying and going through the notes, I feel like I really am in an "enchanted forest"; it almost has a "celestial" feel to it if that makes sense. The rum and woods stand out on my skin with the dry down and I still detect slight nuances of black currant. I wore it for around six hours without any fading. Very nicely done and I could see it being unisex as well. :)

Bab
Bab

Let me just say that I am very happy to have received Enchanted Forest. Thank you to Fragrantica, the Vagabond Prince and Bertrand Duchaufour.
This is a re-post of my review from my blog.

Instantly, comes the greenery of the Forest alongside the young Black Currant flower and leaf. Strong and sharp. The deepness of the forest is peeking through and it is truly, enchanting.

The black currant and lush forest are there throughout the long life of this fragrance. It's brave and bold. The first whiff is strong with young Black Currant greenery and tree. Like the Spring forest, it has sharp notes, a sense of wet needle and leafery. You really know the heart of black currant once you get a whiff.
Black currant, flower, leaf, needle, the wetness of it all, and the deep, dark forest with all its subtle scents.
That's the best way I can describe the first few minutes of this fragrance.

After some time comes a slight sweetness and the darker side of Black currant is stronger. But the darkness is tamed to perfection. Those of you that are familiar with Black Currant, know what I mean.
It's still floral and green at this point and after a short time, you get a sense of something even sweeter on the horizon.

The sweetness builds rather quickly and it's gorgeous. It's a bit jammy even, and is really intoxicating. It's not sick or cloying... just the juicy, ripened sweet fruit on the vine along with the forest of Summer with its fresh fir needles, greenery and warmed woods. Just the right amount of warming Amber.

The drier, woody notes come through and the sweetness turns slightly candy-ish, in a good way.

After a time, I take a long whiff, and suddenly the dryness of the cedar and amber are more prominent with a very slight powdery note. This is the start of the drydown. Just beautiful. The Forest in late Summer, early Fall. I am in love with Cedar, so this is icing on the cake for me.

The needles turn umber and dark, they fall on the forest floor alongside the dried wood and moss. The Black Currant bush is decaying too, and it feels rather like Winter now.
It's a little cooler without the sweetness of youth, and we're left with the 'long dried' woods more prominent than the currant or needle. There's still the warmth of amber along with a slight musk note. This is the lighter, softer scent of it all. A perfect finale.

I know perfumes can play differently on each of us depending on our skin etc, and I may find new notes in there the more I wear this but this was my very first impressions.
I think this is a masterpiece. It manages to offer the notes from Spring to Winter, all the while staying true to the Black Currant and Forest.

At least, that's my take.

If you get a change to try this, and you are a black currant lover, you probably won't be disappointed.

Flora55
Flora55

I was intrigued by the concept of this fragrance when I read about its inspiration, and it does not disappoint. I happen to enjoy blackcurrant fruit very much; even the bud, if it is not too dominant, can be pleasing, and in this perfume it is very well balanced with the other elements - I never got that "tomcat" effect that overuse of this note can sometimes create. I enjoyed the pairing of the sharp blackcurrant and balsam fir with the softer, sweeter elements of rose, davana, carnation, benzoin and vanilla. What I was not expectng was the delightful incense drydown, which is still going strong almost 24 hours after I applied the fragrance! It has the extra dimension of balsam fir carried to the end; this is one of my favorite aromas, as it reminds me of the Christmas trees of my childhood. This highly original fragrance should please both men and women, and I expect it to become a winter/holiday classic for those who love it.

drseid
drseid

Enchanted Forest opens with an aldehyde-laced sour red wine, dry rum and blackcurrant fruit accord. The overall accord is reminiscent of a very tart booze-laced tropical fruit punch. The challenging open lasts a good hour on skin before finally softening to its more manageable blackcurrant and oakmoss heart. The mossy green facets of the oakmoss are all but obscured by the blackcurrant, instead showcasing its powdery aspects as they are more able to cut through the tart fruitiness. Carnation is also used to take some of the sting off the extreme bitterness of the blackcurrant fruit, while during the dry-down an underlying evergreen fir note from the base adds to it. Projection is average and longevity is below average at about 4 to 5 hours.

I really wanted to love Enchanted Forest, but it really is tough. The dry booze, tart wine and fruity nature of the open is definitely unique, but more than a bit off-putting. I love drinking tart tropical rum punch, but I can't say I have ever wished to smell of it. To add to my dismay, once you get past the bizarre open and the scent become more wearable, it turns very powdery while maintaining its tart fruity core and on me, at least, it just did not work. I absolutely love the bottle and I like the story behind Enchanted Forest, but the name is somewhat misleading as the composition is more tropical punch than green forest despite the supporting fir note in the dry-down. The bottom line is I am impressed with the innovation but disappointed with the results of this 2.5 star out of 5 very average release by The Vagabond Prince. Must be a rookie mistake, I guess.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Okay ya'll don't throw stones at me....kay...My impression of the perfume is negative. The pine of course is the anchor of the perfume but it seems like it stops there. I cannot get anything else out of this. You would think with all the beautiful ingredients as it matured on your skin it would transform into a wearable exciting elixir. To me, this smell would be a wonderful candle. I would never wear it around. It doesn't translate. Where would this be an appropriate perfume to wear? Picking up the kids from school? No. Going shopping? No. And God forbid you wear it to church or work. Soooo, I will not pay almost 200 dollars for this just to sit on my vanity and never be worn.

Happy Perfuming!

PS Also you would think this would last longer. I have skin that holds perfumes pretty well and it maybe last 3 hours.

Blutengel
Blutengel

Received my sample on the 24th, thank you so much for sending this little tube of enchanting elixer!

After I applied this on me this morning, I instantly closed my eyes and felt tears burning behind my eyes. I felt melancholic and had a strong urge to put on the song Fossegrim from Empyrium (search on youtube, you'll know what I mean). While the song was playing on repeat I kept my eyes closed and got some sort of dream that I was floating slowly over the ground, looking around me and seeing things like the beautiful forest in the Avatar movie, combined with the Lord of the Rings elves place. A feeling of relaxation like during a medition keeps haunting me since this morning, and I don't think it will disappear soon. I feel enchanted, it's a masterpiece. And because it's a special time of the year, I'll order a bottle of it, just to have this experience a bit more often

Tracyarts
Tracyarts

I received my generously sized sample vial in the mail on the 24th, which made it a nice little holiday surprise!

Upon first applying it to my skin, I get a strong burst of evergreen notes, the sharp beginnings of the black currant notes, and something slightly bitter that comes across as smelling almost like fennel or licorice. At this stage, this fragrance is very much a unisex on me, and is very much true to it's name, an Enchanted Forest.

However, within minutes the forest starts to fade to the background, and sweeter notes move to the forefront and it becomes distinctly feminine from here on out. This is expected, as fragrances tend to go sweet with my body chemistry. Fruity for sure and the black currant is right there on top, but not in a fresh kind of way, more of a fruit cordial kind of way, which is probably on account of the rum and wine notes.

It stays fruity for a while, as the spicy and woodsy notes begin to develop. Combined with my body chemistry, it then goes into Oriental territory and I smell spice, sweet, woods, with the black currant and evergreen in the background.

The final dry-down is a very pleasant blend of evergreen, amber, and black currant with a wisp of musk to soften it. It eventually fades away to a faint mix of sweetness and musk.

I do like it very much, and will be putting it on my "someday splurge" list. Until then I will sparingly ration out what's left in the precious little vial. This is very much a special and magical kind of fragrance, something I would save for special and magical occasions.

StarMagix
StarMagix

Cannot believe I won a lovely, generous sample of this fragrance! I love it! The blackcurrant is so wonderfully mixed with the orange, honeysuckle, rose, carnation, oh my the list goes on. I can't stop smelling myself and each time the fragrance seems to take on a newer more reborn scent of alluring aromas. I am in love with this unusual, unbelievably sexy perfume. Thanks so much for sending the sample to me.

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

Thank you for the amazing sample. My gf and I adore this. Such a rich fragrance well blended together. It is quite unique and mysterious to me.

loreeno
loreeno

To begin with life is short so let's wear the good stuff!I was honored and excited to get a sample of this perfume. I was quite busy, the day before Christmas so it wasn't until Christmas Eve that I had tried this unique perfume on. Upon opening I was rather disappointed and from what I was reading in the reviews I just knew there had to be more to this perfume so patience! As I said I was alarmed by the opening notes, I am from Maine where Balsam Fir is abundant along with Skunk Spruce and in my minds eye it did not smell like Balsam Fir but the rather pungent Skunk Fir! Then the coriander took center stage around 15 minutes after application...no I was not liking this scent but something urged me on to wait to let it evolve instead of washing it off. It was about an hour and a half later this complex perfume evolved into an earthy scent of cedar, moss and luscious currant. Yes this jewel of a scent grew on me and I do adore it! This unisex scent will work well for a man or a woman. It reminds me of taking a walk in a mixed woods forest after a gentle rain and the smells permeate the air with the smell of mixed woods & wild currants, who could ask for anything more!

I advise anyone who tries this perfume to give it a chance and once you get over the rather pungent opening you will be delighted. Great job on creating this complex beauty!

It's been awhile since my initial review and I have to say I adore this unusual scent it has drawn me in. We are having another sub zero day and I sought out my snuggly sweater I wore back 2-3 weeks ago and when I slipped it on I was amazed at how the Enchanted Forest scent remained upon my sweater bursting forth with the scent of crushed juniper and currant berries along with cedar and a hint of balsam fir....it woke my senses up and brought me back to life reminding me of an early spring day in my beloved Maine forest where the rain &, melted snow melds with the forest smells. I am alive and filled with hope this cold winter will pass. Needless to say I ran to my dressing table and dabbed this perfume on. Once again thanks for the delightful sample a little goes along way oh so great silage....now I need to get a big bottle of this beauty!

mini_taiga
mini_taiga

The mix of notes is very unusual, but it's really good! Reminds me of the landscapes of the Mediterranean :)
I love it!

Tattooed Wolf
Tattooed Wolf

Thanks for the vile. First impression,smelling scent in vile,I disliked it. To me,it was all pine needles. A few days later ,and an open mind, I wore it on my skin. Top notes are still heavy with pine. But it transforms into the most unique and mysterious perfume I have ever smelled in my life. I think the best way to describe it is...if the movie "Legend" and a warm,cozy Christmas day were combined...you would get this scent. I like it and will be purchasing some when it becomes available. I love woodsy,spicy and mysterious. This perfume has that all day long. It's a winner with me. (woof)

LANIER
LANIER

There is an enchanted forest, yes it really does exist. Mist shrouds it most of the year hiding it from almost everyone who comes near. You have to hike for miles to get there, and you can only find it if you believe it is real. I found it once years ago and as I grew older it faded to nothing more than a fleeting flicker of a memory that floats across the back of your eyelids just before you fall asleep.

When I was very young and living on the wild north coast of California I lived at the edge of this enchanted forest, the great redwood forests of Humboldt County. My dorm was that last one in Jolly Giant Canyon on the edge of my University campus. Beyond it was a road of dirt, mostly mud that cleaved the forest right up into the mountains, toward the unknown. Mountain lions, rattlesnakes and the legend of Bigfoot roamed those woods. And I knew there were other things, things of magic up there. Beings, that if you saw them you would be captured by their emerald and gold eyes and fall under a spell. You would in fact, if you saw one of them, become part of the enchanted forest and never return.

I would set at my desk by the twilight window in my dorm room and look up that road into the dark heart of magic. The amber glow of my reading lamp was comforting. The room was warm and enfolding in cozy safeness, but still I was drawn to look out and dream of what lay deep in that dark place within the giant redwoods. Did I dare go up that road?

When I finally did get the courage to walk alone into the forest I could feel them watching from behind the giant dew laced ferns. Ferns grow there, as old as creation and taller than Adam. As I moved up the road I heard whispers in the wind. I could hear their twittering laughter mix with the calls of owls and eagles. Despite my fear I pushed myself further up the slippery steep road; where even on the brightest days it is very dark and sinister in the place where the invisible reins over reason.

I never saw them, never had the chance to look into there eyes. Every time I felt one was near I dropped my eyes to the puddles on the muddy road at my feet only to see my face gilded with foreboding looking back at me. And the smell of the earth came up to flood my senses mixed with wild berries and fresh green leaves, that sweet green sticky smell of new growth and the rotting floor of the primeval forest. All the while I wanted to turn and run towards the lights of the town but something drew me on and on toward the hearth of magic and the home of enchantment.

When I first smelled Enchanted Forest Eau de Parfume by The Vagabond Prince I was hurled headlong into the dark lost memory of that magical enticing yet frightening forest of my youth. This herbaceous woody blend is so much the smell of a forest that I was quite amazed at all the memory doors that swung open on rusted hinges in my mind at the first sniff.

The opening is a rush of pink pepper, blackcurrant leaves, hawthorn, rosemary and aldehydes that sparkle and spark like the woody wet forest floor after the first winter rains. The rum and wine notes are like the smell of a fairy distillery bubbling over deep in the woods. There is magic in the making.

The middle notes bring in more blackcurrant notes in the form of buds. Warming earthy carnation, coriander seed and a lush blend of wild roses and honeysuckle with a stinging vetiver blend here to a smooth and more restrained fragrance of the wild woods.

In the sunset of the fragrance amber warms the dying of the dry down with fir, balsam, cedar, velvety vanilla marries the warm glowing opopanax myrrh, there are the animalic of castoreum and musk nestled down for the night in a deep soft cushion of Oakmoss.

In his enchanted forest the Vagabond Prince dreamed of making a perfume based in Blackcurrant, a perfume like no other, filled with danger and mystery that called like a siren song to those with hearts open to invisible dreams. In this Enchanted Forest his dream was realized.

FIVE GOLD STARS *****

quantumspock
quantumspock

I received a sample of this yesterday in the mail. I put it on in the car on the way to church. At first, it was quite strong with the balsam, but it settled down within a few minutes and the rest came through over time. It's a beautifully complex fragrance. I wasn't sure I would like it, based upon its description, as I'm not really into berry scents, but I really loved it. Even the balsam at the beginning wasn't bad, just different, and I thought maybe I just put on too much (I didn't). I enjoyed it at every point. It made me feel at ease all day, catching whiffs from time to time, and I caught myself smelling my wrist to catch the scent. I felt centered with it. This is a must have for me now. The balsam was always present with this fragrance combining and re-combining with the other notes throughout the day

frankie22
frankie22

I got my sample yesterday ,ripped open the package and applied at once! And it made my head spin.Enchanted Forest is the name and it is a nightime forest.I couldn't make heads or tails of it until I remembered that Bertrand Duchaufour had created Dzongkha and Timbuktu, then it all made sense.Lovely and one of a kind.

susanlouise9

I'm enjoying my sample - the tops notes are the absolute best of Enchanted Forest. I wish the middle and base notes could have sustained the brilliant black current, green& woody composition on my skin. Still, a very, very nice scent! And, the story behind the scent is wonderful!

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

I have received my sample two days ago. That’s how I found out that I am a winner.
What a wonderful Christmas gift from Fragrantica.
Congratulations to all creators of this fragrance.
Such a timely launch. Such an elaborate warm unusual presentation, beautiful artwork, "gold on blue", what can be better? Also we see a dewy black currant as a queen of presentation. Refreshingly there is no distracting fashionable female figures, thanks god.
The fragrance itself is extremely comfortable, I feel nothing scary(dark forest) about it. Although it's low pitched overall.
First minutes of it(tested on clean skin of forearm)is the time of the best definition, of the most vivid impression. Then fragrance blends on my skin, stays close to skin. Then I find myself constantly going back to sniff my arm to make sure that "Enchanted Forest" is still there and I find it every time almost unchanged.

I am very intimately familiar with black currant since early childhood(buckets of mashed black currants with sugar that my mother used to prepare for long fruitless winters) and with black currant leaves that I used to gather for my grandmother’s annual pickling.
So, I smell black currant, black currant leaf, pine, patchouli, just a bit of rose and vanilla. Other things I can not name yet, but there is definitely more to this fragrance than what I can name. In a while (3 hrs after a tiny drop application) I start recognizing something like tolu balsam or something smelling as sticky maple leaf in spring, some kind of sap, very subtly.
Bertrand Duchaufour mentions the rotting vegetation of the forest , I would expect it to smell somewhat mushroomy, luckily I do not smell this aspect of rotting vegetation. This one would make me uncomfortable.
Longevity is pretty good.
To summarize my first impression: Warm, very focused, very comfortable,
perhaps, too comfortably blended(castoreum?), wintery, close to skin, lasts all day long on skin. Smells very natural, not cheesy, not fashionable, almost soleful.
Projection is medium to small( I applied a tiny drop only).
We, probably, should expect it from the Black Currant, since it almost does not smell unless it's squished.
I did not want to waste even a drop on my clothes. I am going to use it on my skin. I am yet to ask my family their opinion. It’s even better than I expected from Fragrantica.
Again thank you for a wonderful winter surprise of a fragrance, that perfectly matches it's name.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I enjoy complexity in fragrance so I thought this would be grand. However, after several days worth of trial I've concluded that it's complexity makes it very difficult to wear. It's complex to the point of schizophrenia. The boozy opening notes were challenging and the rest of the unfolding notes were sometimes pleasant, sometimes not; I do enjoy the focus on black current so that's not at issue. The fragrance seems muddled to my nose, once it's past the first 15 minutes or so. The many ingredients fight for prescedence and the tug and pull makes for an unsettling wearing experience.The evergreen smells synthetic to me, and I catch unpleasant whiffs of Vicks VapoRub now and then.. There's a stew-pot quality going on here, and it's not necessarily a good thing to aspire to. Maybe a judicious use of fewer ingredients would have produced a more focused end product. As it is, I see that it's not for me; too demanding a composition to wear, too changable and unpredictable and often downright unfriendly. Not how I want to feel as a walk through my days.

Maybe my husband will find it a good match; we'll see.
Sillage is strong, lasts about 8 hours
FOOTNOTE: My husband hated it, too. We flushed it down the drain.

jeannieby
jeannieby

I adore this perfume, The Enchanted Forest! I adore it so much so, in fact, that I am almost swooning over it.
It evokes incredible sensations of the past in all its beauty, and yet simultaneously it is modern, and elegantly sensual.
It is extremely complex in the wild headiness of its fragrance.
If this were the only scent I which I were allowed to choose to wear (what a crazy thought!), I would not mind.
I love the combinations of the top and bottom notes. They have me coming and going!
In The Enchanted Forest, I envision the love story from Dr. Zhivago, and the music of "Lara's theme" when I wear this.
It is an incredibly romantic scent with great lasting power. Wish I could live forever in The Enchanted Forest!

BronxBeauty
BronxBeauty

Beautiful composition, high-quality ingredients, like everyone says. I would add that it remains smooth and luscious throughout; I have the kind of skin on which berry scents turn sour and acidic, but this did not.

leighhannah
leighhannah

A very unique and complex perfume. I've never smelled anything like it. The opening pine forest notes are wonderful. It then goes on a journey that is heady and frankly a little frightening to me. Not in a bad way, but I feel like I have to have some stride in my step to pull this off. I will keep trying and hopefully give a more coherent review later. I'm a relative newbie to fragrance, so accept that my nose might not be sophisticated enough for something like this. It's obviously a quality perfume.

Note: I would consider buying when/if it comes out in a smaller size than the 100 ml. I wear too many different perfumes to buy a big bottle of anything. Thank you so much for the generous sample. I will enjoy this in the meantime!

jglass54
jglass54

Just got my sample in the mail and this scent is fantastic. It truly evokes an enchanted forest in Eastern Europe.....black current, pine, oak moss, amber, vanilla. Absolutely unique. The sillage is wonderful and it is fairly long-lasting. A woodsy oriental with a bit of sweetness in the top notes from the black current. Am looking forward to purchasing it.

louanna
louanna

I opened my sample today and my first reaction was " Oh yeah, baby, this is gooood!". It is luxurious, rich and just enchanting!
I will probably splurge and get a big bottle when it will be available online.
Thanks again for the chance to sample this beautiful creation and many blessings to you in your future ventures!!!

kingkutty
kingkutty

I received my sample and I have to say I really love the opening and mid of the frag. It opens with a nice orange citrus and the musk comes through it from the base. It gives off a nice warm freshness. Unfortunately I don't get very good longevity from this frag. Maybe 2 to 3 hours and it's very close to the skin at that point. For an EDP, that's a bit disappointing but maybe when the weather warms up it'll be better. All in all I love this fragrance though and I will purchase a bottle. I don't mind having to re-apply after a few hrs when it smells this good.

elusivek
elusivek

I am grateful for the sample and I really wanted to like this, especially because of who commissioned its creation and the bottle is stunning imo. However...

I wish it could stay at the opening notes! It opens with the bright orange (gives it a clean sunny feel), fresh tart blackcurrants, powder, the blend of oakmoss, cedar and amber, as well as a tinge of the Hawthorne. At this point it is fresh, bright, outdoorsy and deep. Unfortunately the opening doesn't even last 5 minutes on me.

The mid stage for me is still tangy blackcurrant intermingled with spice. I get the pepper but can't distinguish any other spices aside from the persistent coriander that is battling to be the dominant note and ultimately ends up smelling like stale sweat (coriander can go either way on my skin depending how it's blended/balanced).

The final stage is the still the luscious blackcurrant but the coriander is trying to suffocate it and takes an even stronger turn to the stale sweat element when combined with the musk, castoreum and patchouli which rests upon the faint balsam base with the slightest whisper of rose and wild honeysuckle.

I don't get any alcohol notes anywhere in this and the amber/benzoin/vanilla add depth as opposed to sweetness. In fact, the amount of sweetness in this is perfect as it is not clearly discernible, rather it is an unsung preserving element of this scent. In the end it's a battle for dominance between the fantastically realistic fresh blackcurrant and the inescapable permeation of stale sweat/bo. In addition, the sillage is low and the longevity is less than 4 hours. Also, based on the notes on skin, I would have classified this a a fruity chypre, not woody aromatic.

Maybe because of all the literature, the scent mainly reminds me of a small village high up in the Balkan mountains and of people that live in and appreciate nature's unadulterated purity.

rickyrebarco

Krmarich said it so much better than I could. I love all the phases of this scent. The opening is very tart, which I loved. That was unexpected. This is classic perfumery mastery. Gorgeous scents in topnote, middle and drydown. I am normally not a cassis lover, but I really adore this scent. I think Bertrand really put his heart into this one. I love the forest scents, I feel like I am in an enchanted forest picking berries when I wear this but its mysterious notes make me remember to watch out for a big bad wolf that might be lurking.... Thank you so much dear jeca!

karmes
karmes

Thank you so much for the sample. Upon first smell, I was reminded of Aqua Allegoria Pampelune. There is a grapefruit top note I am smelling and it frightened me because the aforementioned smells terrible on my skin however...this smells wonderful on my skin. I really like it thus far. I do believe it can be worn year round and I would do so. It is warm and bright at the same time. Do give this fragrance a try as it is interesting and beautiful. Guess what, it's on my WANT list.

nastyamason

I am so sad that I missed the giveaway as I was very busy with my graduation. I am Russian too, and love evergreens and black currant. I miss black currant a lot, since it is not common in the US, but we had many bushes of it at our dacha in Russia and my grandma made black current jam every August. I am very interested in this perfume based on the notes and some reviews. However, other reviews made me worried and I am afraid to commit to full bottle without sampling it first. Is it possible to purchase a sample?

purrz11
purrz11

I got my very generous sample in the mail yesterday. I've been trying soooo hard to like it. I get the warm, fruity sensation everyone is raving about BUT I'm also getting a slight whiff of armpit. It was all I could smell in the opening but I decided to give it chance. It has died down some but definitely still there. I think my nose can be so hateful sometimes! It does have monster sillage and longevity so those who love have hit a jackpot.

On a different note, my cats adore this. They were rubbing against my wrists and sniffing it like it was catnip!

AmoreProfumi

My sample arrived today, it was patiently waiting for me to test it out, I tore open the envelope, eager to have it on my skin, as I was opening a tad squirted out so I quickly rubbed that on the top of my a hand...&& OMG!! that's all I could smell it took just a a tiny squirt and it quickly radiated. So I know this will have monster sillage, and pretty sure longevity will be just as great. Initial opening, mmmm delicious! fruity black currant from the start dances around with subtle pine notes. It immediately places you in the middle of a forest surrounded by tall fir trees with the scent of sweet fresh berries in the air, It has a nice sensuality to it also that makes it kinda sexxi! And agreed the pine does make you think of Christmas a bit, so the launch couldn't have been anymore perfect. Excellent job Bertrand Duchaufour, Bravo! I'm going to wear this out tonight, and on X-mas day!! I'm going to cherish this sample, thanks so much again Fragrantica for this wonderful gift!! :D

kigyo
kigyo

I find it extremely erotic. The beginning is just raw and mind blowing, later I want to taste the skin, then it just eases into this very comfortable euphoria.

desertrat
desertrat

Thank you for the sample. It smells a lot like Christmas at first. I'm still testing and I'll give an update later. So far it's interesting.

jeca

This is so great to read your reviews! ;o))) Bertrand is so happy too! I treasure our cooperation very much!

Now I think I can add little something from me about Enchanted Forest. This perfume has its own mood and whims, it's a witch in the flacon. Bertrand did want it ;o)))

I've been wearing it for a while, and it always surprises me with its diferent faces - very moist and mellow, sharp and scary, friendly and soft... Sometimes it pricks with its needles and shows masculine power, sometimes gently stroking with a feminine touch... Often it has it all at once. Oh it can be bitter, but also it can easily grow a lovely moist living forest around you. Black currant is a wolf among berries. In Russia we say "whatever you feed a wolf, it looks towards the forest", the same is here - even in a black currant jam you smell the forest. There is a little world inside the berry.

It simply can't be worn in a hurry, there must be some prior communication with it. I love this game!

According to Bertrand, the time makes it only better ;o))

First on, I do get that forest walk feeling. The rich, almost moldy loam underfoot, the sharp smell of needles and bark, the cold air. The black currant is very marked in here, too, but it's not a juicy fruity berry on my skin, so the fruity comparisions others are getting elude me. It dries to a gorgeous resinous amber spice with still a hint of that bitter black currant berry, with twigs and all. It's a beautifully layered and smooth transitioning fragrance. First out of the vial, I was thinking it was going to be awful, but the story it tells as it dries through all it's stages is quite lyrically beautiful and evocative. Well done, on all counts.

KIELECKI
KIELECKI

Wow-this is nice. Great job Bertrand Duchaufour!
Mouth watering fresh black currant. I like it a lot!

Labaloo
Labaloo

When I first dabbed this on, I wasn't sure I would like it, as I normally don't wear fruit-scented frags... but after an hour the strong scent of berries subsides, and falls into perfect balance with an unexpected composition: deep soil, conifers, mosses... the resins, vanilla, and musk are very-subtle here, adding just a touch of exotic fairy-tale magic to this charming woodland tale. Well done! And yes, I would wear it.

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

It reminds me of a smooth, sweet port wine, which is kind of cool that the bottle itself resembles a Chambord liqueur bottle. Coincidence? Wine and fragrance...haven't they often been compared?

Definitely fruity, er, rather berry, with other earthy elements peeking out as it dries down. There's a lot going on here and I'm sure different people will pick up different elements as this is a pretty complex blending.

I usually don't go for sweet scents; they make me hungry and crave things I shouldn't have. But this one is rather beautiful. Very feminine. Sillage is decent.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost

olga1780
olga1780

I will be relatively brief and to the point with my review. This fragrance is unquestionably of such high quality that it doesn't need any extra frills for embellishment.
From its top notes and to the drydown, there is absolutely no doubt that a lot of effort and thought was put into creating this composition. The very first thing that struck me was the purity, the complexity, the and depth of the perfume, not to mention the unique aspect of this creation. I used to love eating black currants right from the bush as a kid, and let me tell you,the currant note is the most authentic and closest to the real thing I have ever encountered in a fragrance. You can almost taste its tart and slightly sweet in your mouth.
Overall, it's not a sweet fragrance, but it has just enough sweetness to warm it up and make it wearable all year around. Aside from the main black currant note, I mostly pick up red wine, vanilla, and some pine needles in the background. The rest of the notes are blended so well together that it's hard to discern every single one of them, but their harmony creates and amazing multidimensional effect. Definitely suitable for both men and women.
And the last but not the least, the sillage and longevity are just as impressive. I used only half of the sample ( I usually end up pouring the whole thing all over me to get the proper idea), and it was quite overwhelming for the first hour. It lasted on me for at least 5-6 hours, but it probably goes beyond that, because I eventually took a shower.
Regardless of the fact that it may not appeal to every single person, I do believe that "Enchanted Forest" turned out to be an ultimate success. For some, it may be an acquired taste, but, after all, it's classified as niche for a reason.
Oh, crap, that wasn't exactly a short review! But the perfume is definitely on my want list!

perfumeaddict
perfumeaddict

I received the sample yesterday after having forgotten that I requested it. So basically I had forgotten anything I had read, including who the perfumer was. After applying some to my hand, I almost immediately wanted to wash it off. I didn't, but the scent did not improve on drydown. It seems like the first creation of a novice perfumer - unbalanced and overreaching. Heavy-handed and overbearing. I was shocked to pull it up on Fragrantica and realize that its the creation of Bertrand Duchaufour. I actually enjoy several of his creations, so its not the case that I simply don't like his aesthetic. In this case, however, he has missed the mark and perhaps didn't spend enough time evaluating his creation before releasing it onto the world.

Amberline
Amberline

Got my sample yesterday .... it is a very soft, deep and beautiful scent, like a pine forest. It starts out quite "piney" with woodsy notes and ends like a meadow of wildflowers.

It has good staying power. I put a little on my wrists when I went to bed, and could still smell it in the morning, That is unusual for me, as scents tend to disappear quickly on my skin.

As some other reviewer said, I do wish the top notes lasted longer. The drydown happens quickly and lasts a long time, but it's quite soft and flowery. I am constantly reminded of a powder I used to wear in the late 1980s that I bought in Salem, Mass. It was called "Powder of Violets" and it was originally made in the 18th century. At that time, I was very much into single-note scents like rose and carnation, but the violet was my favorite. It's very nice and soothing, but I was expecting more.

However, it is a wonderful and high-quality scent, and I would buy a bottle if I could afford it! I'm not a fan of super-fruity, girly, candylike perfumes. This is more subtle and earthy, and I'm diggin' it.

marsiesmoon
marsiesmoon

Deep, complex and very Wetland/Foresty.VERY.
I get the pine needles, a mossy scent, coriander and definately the castoreum note.Comes off as quite masculine in the opening, but the drydown was quite nice and I would say unisex.Sexy in a dirty, earthy way.

Jenavira
Jenavira

Received my sample today and this is so exquisitely evocative of fairy tales and forests. Enchanting and natural, the black currant utterly lovely.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I received the sample in the mail after winning it in the lottery, I was surprised since I never win anything ....It arrived on my Birthday !!!! yeah!

on initial opening its definitely .. black currant,
then green notes which add to the wood forest
ahhhhh... very nice combination ....

I like this alot ....!!!
I now want to purchase this fragrance....!

katiebisme
katiebisme

Received my sample today. A little strong at the beginning, almost too masculine for me, but I gave it time and it has mellowed nicely. Sweet and spicy to my nose. A nice fragrance whose name fits it well. It continues to nudge at me, so I keep sniffing my wrist, which means I like it!

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Got my sample today and I must say...this is stunning!!! Enchanted forest indeed! Dark, green, lush and almost a moist scent with blackberry and orange notes leading the parade. Absolutely love it!! Could not stop sniffing my wrist.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

Yippie i got my sample today too!!! Ok first thing is first....this is what the name suggests...an enchanted forest. I'm totally there when I smell it on my skin. This is why I love perfumes because it can totally take you to another realm. The sillage is strong and this seems like two sprays will get the job done. Anything more than two full sprays and you will kill a small animal lol.

its mysterious. sexy. seductive. intriguing. challenging. complex. rich. bold. and most of all original. a full bottle is definitely in my future

poppy_vanderbilt

D@$%#$ Reading all these reviews makes me want it more!

heather.h.weber
heather.h.weber

What an amazing fragrance, the blackberries and balsam, are what I smell initally but everything blends together beautifully, it even has a damp quality like walking through an enchanted forest just after it has rained, very nice fragrance! You smell the wildness of the castoreum and the moist earthyness it is really amazing that you can get this quality of nature into a fragrance.

The one thing I will say is the black current and balsam don't last too long maybe about 10 mins, I wish the balsam lasted a little bit longer.

groovysilversurfer
groovysilversurfer

Just received my sample vial in the mail! I just put the smallest dab on my hand, and right off the top-- GORGEOUS aldehydes with citrus reminding me of that smell you get when quickly pulling the peel back on an orange, this followed by STRONG black currant- fuity and green green green; all of this on top of a light chypre foundation.

But this was just my very first impression from just one dab. I think I will put this 1.5ml sample vial into a small sprayer and wait for spring before sampling this properly. Looking forward to it!

OlfractalInfemme

I smell echoes of this in Annick Goutal's Nuit Etoilee, a more watery, feminine frame.

OlfractalInfemme

Black, sharply tart but round berries decorate a bed of pine needles, as snowflakes fall and cloud the evening sky. Somewhere off in the distance, the sound of chopping wood, and its surprising mineral greenness. The cool simplicity of it all.

As the snow settles, you enter the house, hours from the time you left the woods, it is warm with fire of pepper and rum. You put your arms around him, his five o-clock shadow, his flannel shirt brushing your cheek, the vetiver and hints of spice clinging to his skin. My forest prince.

Beach Girl
Beach Girl

Is this what black currant smells like? Hmmmm Opening notes are strangely familiar and beautiful. Wow, this smells like authentic tomato leaves, I am not kidding. Just a tad of sweetness along with a bitter green note and it comes across as very vegetal. Dark and earthy are words that also come to mind. It's simply enchanting I must say.
Just wanted to add a big thank you to Fragrantica for giving me the oportunity to sample this lovely fragrance.

Marianne Wynn
Marianne Wynn

I like it, it seems like it might be more masculine. I received the sample in the mail after winning it in the lottery, which was exciting. I don't think I would buy it to wear. It smells more like something I would want as a room fragrance than a personal one.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I received this today too, and I really love it. When I first applied it; it smelled a little "green", but with a strong blackcurrant note. After that it became richer and smoother, almost like a jam. There are woody notes in the background too, and it does make me think of walking through a forest. It's amazing, and I'm not just saying that. If I didn't like it, I probably wouldn't have done a review.

Anyway, a full bottle will be in my future.

smcandsmc
smcandsmc

Got mine in the mail today, too.
Opening is a rush of black currant, fresh enough that it isn't too sweet. Wow, this evokes a powerful sense memory of being in France and opening one of those round metal tins of blackcurrant pastilles.
I get the same uplifted feeling from this that I get from the opening of Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay or Kenzo Tag, but as much as they are all 3 anti-depressants in spray form, B&B and Tag are all top notes compared to the richer EF.
It's a dreary, stormy December day here, and I can't stop smiling when I sniff this scent.
If someone was trying to create a fruit scent for adults with good taste, then mission accomplished.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I just received this in the mail too! I've barely touched my skin with the little "wand" and it is amazing! I'll write more as I test it longer, but this is really an incredible scent.

Very much as described, a northern evergreen forest with deep and complex layers of green undergrowth and wild currants. The fruit notes give it a very natural sweetness, but it is not a fruity-anything. Strong at first, it dries down to a rich, subtle scent that remains complex. Unlike any scent I've tried before.

Definitely unisex.

Odiee99
Odiee99

Just got this in the mail. I definitely get a lot of black current up front. It smells great so far .I will do a review after I test it out for a while.

jeca

Dear juliatanooshka and olubojo.bantu, in the email we sent to you there was an announcement about the samples giveaway on Fragrantica. It's finished already, but we'll have more. If you participated you can see the list of winners in the article 'WINNERS To Receive Enchanted Forest Sample' (at the moment it's in the top in the Articles Comments).

jeca

This fragrance is not launched yet ;o) It will be available in January online and in stores ;o)

OlgaZ
OlgaZ

Black Current, finally.That's what I want! Great job Lena and Zoran!!!
Taking in consideration Bertrand Duchafour's nose behind it, it should be a real masterpiece. I love Jubilation and Timbuktu, the most favorite fragrances in my wardrobe.
Who knows when it's going to be available for sale and what's the price range?

kleistenis
kleistenis

The aroma is a fragrant bouquet of poetry, which unfolds beautifully and surrounded by a halo of extraordinary. Worthy of attention and respect !!!

Birdboy48
Birdboy48

This perfume is apparently produced by the folks who own the Fragrantia website. Encourging that there are all these "love it" reviews, but given that there's currently no place to purchase the perfume, you hace to wonder where they came from.

None the less, the idea that Fragrantia might release a perfume is interesting to me, and I hope it turns out to be as worthy as it sounds.

Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince 4.05 out of 5 based on 571 ratings and 288 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Enchanted Forest by The Vagabond Prince represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.