Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

A*Men Gold Edition Thierry Mugler for men
dislike

coffee
A*Men Gold Edition Thierry Mugler for men Pictures

A*Men Gold Edition by Thierry Mugler is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. A*Men Gold Edition was launched in 2012. Top notes are mint and lavender; middle notes are patchouli and atlas cedar; base notes are coffee, tonka bean and styrax.

Mint Lavender

Patchouli Atlas Cedar

Coffee Tonka Bean Styrax

A*Men

A*Men Gold Edition Fragrance Reviews

Molko
Molko

The juice is the same as the reformulation of the original. Compared to the other perfumes nowdays, we can say it's strong, but the first version had bigger sillage and lasting. I had the original rubber bottle from 2011, it was stronger for sure. Pure Leather has bigger sillage than the current Angel men.
The gold bottle is awesome, better than the picture and enough heavy:) If you're a collector, must have it.

spray_and_pray
spray_and_pray

I just purchased this to ensure I would recieve an older formulation than that of my newest bottle produced this year. I suspected a lack of performance from my 2015 bottle but thought maybe my nose was just off or my skin was dryer than normal. Figured i'd buy an older bottle to confirm or disprove my suspicious since I'd be buying a back up bottle in 6 months anyways.Sure enough, my Gold Edition bottle does last & project longer. Not a huge difference but since I get poor performance from almost every juice in my collection, every little bit counts. I encourage you all to buy a gold edition for your next re-purchase. I got mine from fragrancenet.com for $45 with their 25% coupon. Excellent price and the presentation is mint. Way beyond that of the rubber flask & original box.

Pyrzy
Pyrzy

I contacted Thierry Muglers customer service in order to find out if this was the same scent as the rubber bottle and YES, it is.

The same juice, just a special edition bottle :)

(I have the rubber bottle sprayed on one hand and this gold bottle in the other, and yes, they smell identical.)

PS. The bottle is gorgeous! The gold is fantastic in colour, not yellow, like in Paco Rabanne's 1 Million, but metallic and shiny. Love the bottle and sprayer of this one way over the rubber bottle!

Xanovia
Xanovia

Buy a normal A*Men refill because the juice in this Gold Flask is the same as original A*Men... Done & Done...

02098888
02098888

Could someone tell me how to refill this bottle?

lance059
lance059

Havent seen it in awhile but this was popping up in Ross stores last yr for $45 100ml.

As others have noted, the first thing you notice is the bottle is heavy. The scent is also heavy and thick. Idk if this has been reformulated from the original A Men but I'll take a stab that this is still the strongest designer frag on the market. Best for colder weather. I fear I may have this bottle the rest of my life as I live in Hawaii and our climate and this juice arent exactly a great match.

I also have two clones of this in Cuba Prestige and Animale Animale. Both are easier to wear in warmer weather. Ideally, I could do with just Animale Animale.

deathpill
deathpill

Dont listen to people who are saying this is different or softer. I don't know whats going on with them or their bottle. This is the same juice with a different coloured flask. Been using A*men for many years now and I know the difference. I also compared side by side. Same juice, different bottle, just like A*men Urban, and A*men Bracelet de Force.

Gazo30
Gazo30

I find this softer than the original A*men, for me it is better this way. it is certainly the same scent just not as harsh in all respects, i can use 5 sprays of this and still breath lol! longevity is still good, projection toned down a bit though

all in all a winner for me :)

Kain
Kain

I used to have the original A*Men a few years back and I loved it. when my bottle was almost empty, I gave it to one of my friends for free and didn't buy another bottle after that until present day that I swapped a fragrance in my collection that wasn't in my use rotation with this. one of my friends bought this gold edition without knowing how this fragrance smells like and he didn't like it at all! so it was my only chance to get it again! :D

Yep, it smells like the original as far as I can remember. strong and sweet chocolate, caramel, coffee, vanilla plus patchouli that shows up in the dry down and stays till the end. so yummy and sensual. and about the tar kind of feel.
To be honest I'm using strong fragrances like Amouage Interlude Man and Jubilation XXV for past couple of years and I believe my nose get used to strong spices and smoky notes. so the tar note in this is either muted or based on what I just said, it's strong but something normal to my nose now!
Projection is so strong and longevity is 10+ hours easy.
I'm still in love with it. also I love this gold metal heavy bottle. it's so elegant and lovely.
Sweet tooth mode activated!

راستش من نسخه اورجینال و اولیه "ای من" رو چند سال پیش داشتم و خیلی هم دوسش داشتم. وقتی دیگه آخراش بود و داشت تموم میشد همینجوری مجانی دادمش یکی از دوستان و دیگه نخریدمش تا اینکه امروز یکی از عطرهامو که دیگه زیاد ازش استفاده نمیکردم با این عوض کردم. یکی از دوستان این نسخه گلد رو بدون تست خریده بود و اصلا خوشش نیومده بود و منم فرصت رو عنیمت شمرده و اون عطر رو با این نسخه گلد عوض کردم

بوی این عطر دقیقا مثل نسخه اصلی هست تا اونجایی که بوش یادمه. رایحه بسیار قوی و شیرین قهوه، شکلات، کارامل، وانیل به اضافه نعنای هندی که در رایحه میانی خودشو نشون میده و تا انتها در کنار بقیه رایحه ها باقی میمونه. یه بوی قوی و شیرین و کمی تند و تیز اما بسیار خوشمزه و جذاب. پخش بوی بسیار بالا و ماندگاری زیادی داره بطوری که راحت بالای 10 ساعت روی پوست دوام میاره. هنوزم دوسش دارم و هر وقت هوس یه عطر شیرین و خوشمزه کنم چی از این بهتر

mrlumis
mrlumis

did we get a final confirmation on whether or not this is the exact same juice as a*men in black or metal case? either way I own this one and am more than happy 10/10

joenick68
joenick68

Even though the scent was supposed to be the same as the regular edition, I notice is slightly softer and with less longevity, but still unmistakably Thierry Mugler A*Men.
The Golden flask is awesome and can be used with any refill of any of the flankers, and it really adds weight and class to your perfume shelf. ;-)

jreily88
jreily88

Same as the original. The reason behind the gold bottle was to commemorate the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.

Is the juice is same with the original silver flask?

601red

I am told that, it's the same juice as the original....

I tried at Macy's . Original on one arm, and the gold on the other.

601red

I am told that, it's the same juice as the original....

I tried at Macy's . Original on one arm, and the gold on the other.

themattsky
themattsky

This is the same fragrance as the original A Men.

Comandosav
Comandosav

Bought it from harrods and the man at the store said it was the same juice as the original but fragrantica shows otherwise (in the notes) . It is an excellent oriental gourmand, in my eyes is not cloying whatsoever and i enjoy the bitter tar note at the beginning especially since they toned it down after the reforumation, however there are many who still find it repulsive (especially on paper ),so not a generic crowd pleaser for sure. Teens who spray 1 million sprays of 1 million beware!

update: same juice as original im told, and smells exactly the same to me, //however// , i think get slightly less projection as i can smell it on my wrist for many hours but the projection just doesnt seem up to scratch. I wore it to school and even in the first lesson the person sitting right next to me didnt smell it. Might just be my skin chemistry though(and the lesson i was in was chemistry)

lucky-boy
lucky-boy

Wow!! Gold Edition!!!
Does anybody know if this is a limited edition or not?
I have to try this, but I hope to see a good change in the scent. Many of the past A*Men series had a lot of similar notes and you could easily understand that they're very similar (Original A*Men, Pure Coffee, Pure Malt). I don't like this type of production in A*Men series.
Come on TM, we want a good change!

A*Men Gold Edition by Thierry Mugler 4.52 out of 5 based on 85 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler A*Men Gold Edition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler A*Men Gold Edition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify A*Men Gold Edition by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of A*Men Gold Edition by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.