Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

A*Men Pure Coffee Thierry Mugler for men

A*Men Pure Coffee Thierry Mugler for men
dislike

coffee
A*Men Pure Coffee Thierry Mugler for men Pictures A*Men Pure Coffee Thierry Mugler for men Pictures

A*Men Pure Coffee by Thierry Mugler is a Oriental fragrance for men. A*Men Pure Coffee was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Huclier. The fragrance features patchouli, musk, coffee, vetiver and cedar.

Patchouli Musk Coffee Vetiver Cedar

A*Men

A*Men Pure Coffee Fragrance Reviews

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

Picked this up at the Hudson Bay Company with the quickness. Instant buy, not letting it slip out of my reach, and there was only two boxes left. My A*Men collection is perfect now. Beautiful A*Men DNA with the coffee note amped up just a bit and the tar note toned down. I PERSONALLY find this more wearable than the original. Projection and longevity of this beauty is just a tad bit lower than A*Men, no biggie.

mrcontinental

This will be short and sweet. I ordered a new bottle of Pure Coffee and compared it to my original bottle. I alternated them for one week and cannot tell one bit of difference.

I ordered another bottle as well. Don't believe the reformulation hype.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Have you ever sipped a mug of coffee which you subsequently find has not been properly rinsed and has some residual washing up liquid slime around the rim?

Imagine how that smells for a second. The musky, charred bitterness of instant coffee and the perfumed tang of squeaky soap bubbles.

If you think that's pleasant, then rejoice, you will probably like this.

I, on the other hand, was reminded of the dry down in Histoires de Parfums "1969", of which I have gradually come to despise. That soapy patchouli and coffee combination just makes me gag.

Not for me.

ryanmaes
ryanmaes

I agree with blindsbuy. I felt let down by the coffee note and the overall power of this frag. It's like a safer and tamer version of the original Amen. I'm actually selling mine now but i was very pleased with Pure Wood

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

Please explain about new one longevity and sillage !
Is it really very long lasting and enormous ???

Buysblind
Buysblind

Never smelled the original Pure Coffee, but I recently got a bottle of the new one. It's like a smoother, toned down version of the original A*Men with less tar and patchouli and a little coffee thrown in for good measure. Honestly, I was expecting a stronger, richer coffee note than what I'm picking up on. In fact, I think A Taste of Fragrance does the coffee thing a lot better--it's darker, stronger, and more realistic. Just the way Pure Leather only minimally included leather and was very similar to the original in a lot of ways, Pure Coffee only includes a small amount of the headlining note and is a little disappointing in that regard. It still smells good, so I appreciate that, but I wanted more coffee. I'm giving this a lukewarm, tepid thumbs up.

Cobray
Cobray

Just got my edition of the new release today! Smells very relaxing not in ur face like the original Amen or pure malt 2009 version but it seems to linger for a little while. **note** i havent really tested/worn it yet just tried 1 spray on my wrist and its very nice so far.

My only question is if everyone elses new bottle has a slightly different batch code underneth there bottle?? I have a 7 digit code that doesnt pick up in the data base anyone else have checked there new bottles??

nero77
nero77

Dark-Roasted Coffee, Cedar, Musk & Patchouli...

First of all... I have never smelled the original Angel Men, so I can't comment on the comparisons, but smelling this for the first time, I get a dark-roasted, almost burnt coffee and patchouli combination, I can detect a chocolate note in the background (could be the patchouli-musk combination) and also lavender (could be the coffee, patchouli and vetiver combination). I have heard that in this the coffee note of the original has been brought into the foreground (whilst keeping the same original 'vibe' as A*Men). It's a very nice scent, very pleasant to my nose... and after a while, it gets softer and stays close to the skin (mostly as a cedarwood, coffee and patchouli combination).

I don't find it too cloying either, it has moderate sillage and longevity, drying down to a skin scent within a few hours (so maybe not the beast that A*Men was in that department). It's pretty enjoyable and can be worn almost year round in my opinion.

Pure Coffee has definitely grown on me, and I love the combination of notes here. To me it's a dark and sweet creation (a heavy roast, with no added cream), just how I like to take my coffee!

SmutRavageur
SmutRavageur

Received A*Men Pure Coffee as a gift yesterday, as per the re-release of the fragrance last week, and I've been wearing it all morning for the very first time, and wow! I love it! Out of all the flankers (minus Pure Wood, which I haven't smelled yet) of A*Men, it's neck and neck with Pure Havane -- for me -- right now as the best.

With the first spray, I got a big blast of caramel mixed with coffee. I haven't read through many other reviews, but caramel seems to be a major player in this. (Yes, caramel is a big note in the base A*Men original fragrance, but it's a loudmouth extrovert in Pure Coffee!) There's some woods in there, too, but the woody note is unsurprisingly overshadowed by the caramel and the coffee. The notorious A*Men-made-famous tar note must have been omitted, as I'm not getting it.

A*Men Pure Coffee makes me want to kick back and flip open a good non-fiction crime/history book, as this fragrance is one for the ages. I've heard it dubbed 'overhyped' often, but as of this morning I can tell you that my nose is saying the hype for Pure Coffee is well deserved.

Shaheen
Shaheen

This is my favorite of the A*men flankers, and also my favorite winter fragrance. Emphasizes and amplifies the coffee and chocolate notes of the original A*Men, while omitting the tar note.

mrcontinental

I have the original and ordered the reissue. My intent is to use the reissue, just in case it has been reformulated, and continue to preserve my bottle of the original.

I look forward to being able to wear the reissue with reckless abandon. Once it arrives and if it's the real deal I'll order another, if supplies last.

Definitely one of the finest fragrances ever!

tige60
tige60

Posting by Xanovia (below my post) is absolutely CORRECT. The 2014 version of TM Pure Coffee is exactly the same as the original version...keep in mind that it isn't uncommon for older bottles of fragrance to change to varying degrees...I compared my properly stored and barely opened bottle of the original version directly to the 2014 version and there were negligible differences between the two...and yes, some eBayer's will indeed say anything to keep their prices over-inflated. The 2014 version of TM Pure Coffee is pretty much exactly the same as the original version of TM Pure Coffee...and therefore, I love them equally the same.

Xanovia
Xanovia

Posting this one final time before the Ebay sellers down vote this one so many times that it disappears too... (Check out my profile to see the original two posts that they down voted so much that no one could see... One had 3 balloons yesterday and now it's in the void... Seems fishy to me...)
---
I'm really not sure if people are just saying the original release of Pure Coffee was better because they have just not sniffed the new release or they want the one they over paid for to be better or want to sell an old one for way more then it is now worth but I can assure you if you do a side by side comparison as I have you can tell this is the same juice people... There are threads about this over at Basenotes too and they have also come to the same conclusion and reps from TM have also stated that there has been no reform... Sooooooo again... If you want a bottle of Pure Coffee and you can get one of the new ones get it... (Sorry people on eBay that want to sell off the 'old stock' for a VERY high price but truth is truth...) Take care...

pjd1234
pjd1234

Yup coming back 9.24.14 i missed this last time not again. Im reading all the reviews here regarding the new reformulation i really have to try it before i can judge it usually as we know re forms are almost to always bad than the original i just hope its not that bad i guess well just have to wait as tbis one is not release in the us yet.

Ronson9
Ronson9

Beautiful and strong scent, with nice patchouly, malt, coffe note, great sillage and wonderful longevity, Unfortunately it is discontinued.

MccainIV
MccainIV

I suggest the value: the vintage of 2008. The new Pure Coffee is cheap in price and in quality, another world.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Okay, any ideas as to when Mugler will start selling this at muglerusa.com? Also, is the reformulation that bad? Or is just that the 2008 formulation was that good? In other words, should I just wear my bottle of Sebastiane Espresso Royale and forget about this one? Thoughts and opinions are welcomed. THX

Update: my bottled arrived from MuglerUSA and I'm wearing this fragrance today. Coffee, patchouli and vetiver wrapped-up in the familiar A*Men DNA. It's basically A*Men Lite (aka Pure Leather) with a heavier coffee-patchouli accord minus the the sickly sweetness. Nice! The opening was pretty loud, but not quite as in-your-face as the original A*Men, but a touch more pronounced than Pure Leather. This fragrance is going strong and projecting well (above average) after 6-hours. Pure Coffee lasts around 9-10 hours on my skin after application. Okay, I really like this one...it's a great fall/winter fragrance and, for me, it's perfect for doing things casually while in-and-out of the outdoors.

GianGG
GianGG

I've find a sample of pure coffee(vintage).
The coffee note is really genuine. It has a fantastic sillage and longevity is really long, like an eau de de parfum.
This fragrance is modern, mysterious, original, complex and perfectly blended.

I like original a*men but I find it too harsh.
Pure malt is also too sweet for my taste.
This one is less aggressive(not watered down at all) but still has the a*men dna (and even something more) and a great sillage and longevity. This is an improved version of a*men.
I notice also that the note of patchouli is stronger than the patchouli in original a*men.
This is the best quality for a designer fragrance and a way better than most of the niches.

(I've not smelt the new version.)

rating: 4,5/5

Refxo
Refxo

Ha ha. It's easy to explain, for £ 50 you purchased the bad and wrong one, the reformulation!
So, try the ORIGINAL formula that is strong as hell, and amazing, and beautiful!
I'm talking about the formula of 2008.... that was stopped.
It is (the 2008 formula) now considered a masterpiece. The same T. Mugler on Pure Coffee had said that was the best flanker of A * Man.
But T. Mugler today is no more, he sold the brand! The reformulated scent now costs less, but it is totally changed and diluted, a shame.
Go for the "vintage" one, You'll find a paradise.

frafrag
frafrag

Tried the new version, cheap and lightweight. The new Pure Coffee is not the same perfume, also the type of box is not the same. Anyone who says otherwise is anosmico and blind, or is in bad faith...
I'm for the original one. Reformulate is always imitate and copy.

Goallingoa
Goallingoa

There is a RE-formulation ready for everyone in the UK, but it is a reformulation ... It is no longer the original, after six years of disruption and after the abandonment of the artistic director Thierry Mugler. Sad but dreams are only dreams, go for the vintage one in that gold famous extra big box :(

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

The licorice totally SPOILS this one for me personally. Never was a licorice fan........ Other than that, it has that similar intriguing DNA of A*men... I am pleased with the sillage myself. This one doesn't need to a beast-like!

lollero
lollero

The smell is pleasant. It's similar to a*men but without the slight liquorice note. I personally don't like a*men at all but this is somehow wearable. I really can't decide do I like it or not. To me a fragrance is a journey for your senses to figure out what it smells like and what comes to mind when you wear it. This only smells like you've just poured coffee on your lap and you use the same clothes all day. At least the first two hours smells just like coffee. The it gets more subtle and complex and that part I like. For me it sits very close to the skin. I will wear this sometimes but this isn't mindblowing and it doesn't give you the wow factor. It's just coffee...

chweintr
chweintr

You are late, weaving through traffic, when you feel a sneezing fit coming on -- you desperately feel around under the chair for a tissue, receipt, anything to catch the sneeze.
Amazingly, you come up with a napkin. You steal a glance at it and notice a slight discoloration. You are in a beggars-can't-be-choosers type of situation here so you are not about to be picky, but you do want to make sure the stain isn't anything too gross - or toxic, so you press it lightly to your face and sniff...
It smells like stale coffee. More precisely, stale Dunkin Donuts coffee - oversweet, vaguely caramel-ic, toffee-ish? ... It isn't nauseating but it smells nothing like fresh brewed coffee or the espresso you've grown to love. It is safe for a sneeze but not to bottle.
Pure Coffee is like that for me - It has an artificial scratch-and-sniff type of smell, more reminiscent of coffee liquor or coffee sucking candies than coffee shop. It is sort of an approximation of coffee. As if someone who is really a tea drinker has been given the task of concocting...
Seitan bacon anyone?--

The dessert-y angle might have worked, but there is something acrid about this, compromised -- that makes it smell more like coffee residue than coffee anything else. Here I think the need to retain the brand, the DNA, gets in the way of what might have been interesting.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I have to agree with others: this isn't as beastly in sillage as the other A*men flankers- it's quieter, and sits closer to the skin. But it is quite elegant doing so! I am a coffee-drinker, and the scent of a freshly-brewed pot is definitely nesting within the blend- if you know what to "look" for... It is a rich, bitter-sweet, oriental-gourmand with a smooth drydown and the signature A*men accord in the base. I use it only very-occasionally as it's becoming harder and harder to acquire as time passes. Good to the last drop! (I pray I never run out!)

yourfriendmarito
yourfriendmarito

I own all line of Angel Men and I was lucky enough to find 2 new bottles of Pure Coffee last year. It is the weakest of the line and sits pretty close to the skin. I do not understand why sillage is noted as enormous on the table above. It is a great composition with a strong note of coffee at the beginning. After this coffee note sits down and you have the same drydown of Angel Men. I prefer original Angel Men over Pure Coffee. The hype is overrated according to me.

Grottola
Grottola

Strangely enough, I wasn't a big fan of this one when it first came out. However, over time (and I guess as I become more of a habitual coffee drinker), I realized just how great it was. No, it doesn't capture the essence of freshly brewed coffee as I had wished it would, but Pure Coffee is still probably the best coffee fragrance that I know of. I should have bought a bottle when I had the chance. Just luscious coffee, chocolate, and caramel that lasts for ages. Bueno.

Riobard
Riobard

My DNA screams CoFFee!!! And this one fits me beautiful! !

zaetown
zaetown

Quality TM juice has a niche vibe for sure. The coffee and chocolate is done much better in this than the original a*men, last a long time and projects like a beast so I have to be easy on the trigger, overall great fall winter scent.

AZ
AZ

Very nice sugar coffee frag. That what is missing in the orginal AMen imo

I'm not sure what it was about this one, but my guess is that a musky vetiver/cedar led me to find it too harsh. The coffee comes across as old, dried up grinds with that harsh element added. I think if it had the same gourmand base as A*Men and some of the other flankers it would have been something I would have liked, but as things stand I can only imagine that I would have liked it to some degree if the vetiver (and possibly cedar as well) had been replaced with the usual amber, patchouli, styrax, etc. base.

UPDATE: I acquired an official sample and now (years after the first time I tried it) the smell is not too rough/harsh. And it smells very nice. However, I detect little if any development after a short period of time and it doesn't seem to have much dynamism (unlike the original A*Men). If this was priced at the Bogart Pour Homme level, I'd buy it in a second. At current prices (for the re-release) I can't justify a purchase, though I intend to sample again to be sure, perhaps in a few weeks. I'll update again if I think there are any new perceptions to report.

Ql7
Ql7

Coffee. Musk. What's not to like? My man friend and I both wore this, we used up a bottle and now it's out of production. Just gimme some more!

PureEclipse
PureEclipse

One of my all time favorites right here! Smells way better than original A*Men! Always gets compliments because of its unique coffee scent! Definitely near impossible to get since it is discontinued. PM if you are wanting a bottle or decant!

Obanonatto
Obanonatto

Many people write reviews without knowing what they talk about, especially with rare perfumes (there is this nasty habit), perhaps all is created by envy. I own this perfume and I love him, I know it well. And it's the old powerful A * Men formula strengthened in the notes Coffee, Patchouli, Vetiver, Musk. It has a special intensity, higher than the current reformulation of Classic A * Men: it is well blended with the best fragrance note of real coffee. Its beauty transcends the single notes, it's very complex. Very rich, with powerful longevity and sillage, strong as an edp. For me it is the greatest scent for the winter, from a hundred other alternatives...

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

Love this stuff! Sweet but not too sweet..reminds me of walking into a neighborhood cafe where the bittersweet scent of fresh coffee, caramel mochas and chai tea lattes meld with that of fresh baked confections like sugar cookies, chocolate croissants and eclairs which completely envelop you as you enter the door! It's absolutely delicious and the longevity of this fragrance is just incredible! Sprayed it on at 6:00 AM this morning, it's now 9:00 PM, and it's still going strong!

Now is 2013,i am still able to get the 1.5ml tester at low price. As i am looking foe a fall winter coffee perfume, i decided to get 20 1.5 ml due to the positive comment here and youtube . But after applying it, i felt like ,oh damn ,it smells like my mother, i then gave it to my mother, and she loves it, finally the story of me and a*men ends.........

firsttime
firsttime

When coffee combines with patchouli the result is...
You're in the coffee shop and waiting for a cup of your fav coffee, when it serve, you're not eventually drunk but you just smell and then try to taste it for a bit and ummmm... I forgot it's not a glass of wine! Haha
All I've explained just the first impression when I first sprayed, and yes! It's not too over explain! I sprayed from 7.00am till now 20.00pm it still like Im in coffee shop.
Long lasting, not too sweet and little musculine (or it's just on me?)

8.5/10 for now this is not the greatest one but the time will tell here's the greatest coffe scent.

P.S. This one is rare and hard to find. If you found it don't let it get away...mark my words.

warlockss
warlockss

i want this so bad and to make it discontinued is CRIMINAL . you are nose blocking this fragrance against me from owning it and smelling it and potentially getting milfs with it . COME ON THIERRY MUGLER PUT THIS BACK INTO PRODUCTION FOR CHRISTS SAKE .

al.to
al.to

After all it does not worth an half of A*men original!
The top note coffee is very bitter and dusty,real roasted.
but after that there in nothing interesting.
boring musk and cedar.
right price? half of A*men
overpriced!
go for A*men it is more colored greedy and attractive.

tia t
tia t

where can this be bought?

craniumbash
craniumbash

Got a bottle today for 47$, didnt like the opening as it shares that burnt note with the original A*Men. Wont be commenting till a full proper use of ! week is carried out

Alex Souza
Alex Souza

Sem dúvida esse é o perfume que conheço com as notas de café mais agradáveis,são muito claras com um toque delicioso de caramelo,é melhor A*Men de todos em minha opinião,pena ser tão raro.Nota 10 para essa fragrância!!!

alexandra tirdea
alexandra tirdea

hello, can somebody tell me were can i worder pure coffee...i try to find it on every site..but nothing, if someone have an ideea please tell me, thank you

hornetz
hornetz

After an extensive review on this one I find the patchouli notes too strong that muffle the coffee. The start smells strong and the coffee is stale and stuffy. The dry down is like a signature Mugler base which is always rich and rewarding. However, there are many other coffee based scents out there that achieve a better balance; take 'Very Irresistible' or 'Jo Malone Black Vetiver' or 'Armani Attitude'. To some degree they have the coffee notes and is more wearable. I can't really find a reason or weather to wear this one. Had high hopes for this, What a disappointment!

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Angel with a mocha latte. I smell Angel, (of course), nice and sparkly, with coffee drifting in and out with little wisps of chocolate. Probably the sort of scent you would associate with John Travolta's portrayal of the Angel "Michael". A tasty little gourmand, a bit of a cheeky wry smile on application and a rustle of white feathers. Surprisingly Nice. I would probably follow a guy up the high street a few yards if he were wearing this. But I could be distracted by a huge cinammon bun too.

jasonx
jasonx

This is one of the best coffee scent in the market both niche and designer

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

Rare and good
4.5/5

kida2010
kida2010

It totally pains me to write this because i really wanted to love this one and was hoping it had earnt its hype status!
Sadly not, I'm cannot believe how some people are amazed by this and making it out to be a strong coffee fragrance??
Basically its almost identical to A*Men but with a few minutes worth of coffee at the opening which disappears pretty quick.
I personally was expecting a pure coffee smell on its own based on what people have said not just 95% A*men with a hint of coffee.

If you wanna know what coffee smells like simply make a strong black fresh coffee and breathe in that lovely tobacco chocolate aroma. If someone could bottle that it would be worth buying!

NHIndian24
NHIndian24

How does this compare to polo double black? Because it seems to share some similar notes, other than the coffee of course. Just curious because although I like double black, the pepper note in it is quite strong, which I don't really like...

grampz
grampz

Of all the flankers this is easily one of my favourites. I get that it doesnt last as long and that it is not as loud as the others, for me that works making it a little more versatile in different situations. The coffee note is bitter sweet (this flanker is not as sweet as the others but still pretty sweet in my opinion) mixed with the original A*men, patchouli is definately there and the dry down i get a hint of slight musk and definately vanilla, very close to the skin, for an Amen fragrance I get about 6 hours on this one (most others 8+) so yeah its a little weaker but like i said its easier to wear to work or casual outtings as it is prett safe in my opinion. Great scent, love it! I might be a bit biased because i enjoy TM frags but i give this one a
8.5/10.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

My first impression:

compared with the Taste of Fragrance, this is weaker and does not have a note of pepper that feel very present in the latter. The sum of coffee with your single note patchouli and sweet musk, reminds me quite the Dna of the traditional A * Men. It would be an A * Men diluted (less sweetness and power) and with a higher dose of coffee. Good perfume, but does not overcome the traditional nor the Havane.

natrance
natrance

No real noticeable difference between pure coffee and pure malt???

keffy
keffy

This is a powerful fragrance, like the name said, its PURE COFFEE in a bottle, it has the Angel Men dna and it still lasts for quite a while, dont waist $200-$250 for this becus it was selling $60 on fragrancenet.com but they ran out now. Hoping for a re-release.

garett
garett

First is , that i might not want to smell like someone spilled coffee on me and it might be they ask me , what happened ?? have you started working in some coffee warehouse ?? Still i dont care , but the fact that coffee note also disappears in some minutes makes it having no place in my collection.I will give it an ignorant miss always.Give us A*men pure scotch , or glenlivet or something rather hahaha

Again, I think my comment is pretty much like everybody else. I tried this once and it's basically A*Men with a shot of coffee added. A mixture of green coffee and dark roasted coffee beans that is. Sweet honey/condensed milk and patchouli are hard to miss. It's energizing and unique indeed, but if you are not a fan of A*Men, it's going to be hard for you to open up to this one too. I like it, not love. I can see myself wear this and Pure Shot but not on regular basis.

ricardodt
ricardodt

On my skin the coffee note disapears in minutes after the sprays, but I like so much this fragrance.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

This is a warmer more coffee version of A*men. The same tar note on top. Just with more coffee. Not a big fan. I prefer New Haarlem over this any day.

shoguns2480
shoguns2480

WARNING! WARNING! THIS IS A 10 MINUTE SCENT AT BEST! THIS IS NOT JUST MY OPINION, BUT THAT OF THE ENTIRE FRAGERENCE COMMUNITY! As a die-hard fan of Amen and all its flankers I feel a certain love for all Mugler fragrances,and this one is no different,I do love Pure Coffee! However the truth is the truth! Smells like pure malt with the whisky replaced with coffee. That’s it! No more , no less! Longevity? There is none. I can smell fragrance’s I wore yesterday after showering after spraying this and waiting 5 minutes. This is very sad as the scent is very nice...and since New Harlem smells like the trash can at IHOP our choice are limited when it comes to a good quality coffee gourmand fragrance.

gzalvares
gzalvares

COFFEE disappears after a few minutes !!!!

LuckyStar1

Mixed this with the new A*MEN Taste Of Fragrance and it intensifies Pure Coffee 100%....wow

Redpula

guys i just discovered how this will smell better. rub an unscented lotion in areas where you will wear it. results: given that pure coffee is mild but with over lotion it is better scented, fragrance last longer and more potent. i am more and more falling in love with it and appreciating its character despite weak sillage and longevity. One of the best Quiet Man I smelled. Again, I also like it being layered with Emporio Armani White for Him. mild lemon mild coffee, great combo.

Redpula

The first time I spray it, I knew I would love it. Why? its coffee, it is pleasant and its very unique. No cloying. It may be an AMen light at first sniff in my skin but seconds after, a delightful coffee comes out but not too bitter.
It may not have the longevity and sillage compared with other fragrances but 2 hours of heart notes is fair enough considering its wonderful mild scented dry down that stick close to my skin. Plus its a hard to find perfume in my place and even online. So I am lucky to have found this Quiet Man and would love to savor every moment wearing this frag.
I tried one time, out of curiosity, layering Emporio Armani White for Him and I got amazing results on combine scents, a quiet man of a lemon and a quiet man of coffee. Both poor longevity but both wonderful top notes sillage then close to skin dry down. I simply love their fusion/teamwork.

Bitter-Fresh..Winter-Summer.. Elegance!

sillybilly
sillybilly

Hot Coffe, as in, Sexy Coffe [corny, I know]. Amen coffe is Delicious and addictive like drinking the thing its self. I tend to be allergic to Mugler, but this one is works. Thumbs up!

Heverton
Heverton

Opens up with a pure dry coffee note, right in your face, and minutes later the scent almost completely disappears, getting close to the skin.

MarryTheNight
MarryTheNight

Mmmmmmmmmm i want a nice big cup of creamy irish coffee everytime i smell this. This is sexy and i find that quite strange because the prospect of smelling like i had just bathed in coffee seemed quite strange to me but as a devotee to Thierry Mugler i bought this anyway, knowing that i was bound for something different and monumnetally interesting (something i love about Mugler's fragrances). Everything just works together, the Patchouli is sweet and intense but not heavy and cloying and the vetiver gives the fragrance further warmth and even more character. I think women could pull off this fragrance, my roomate wears it and it smells sexy on her so yeah- give this a go ladies!

Ikosmajovich
Ikosmajovich

Really coffee! Wonderful!At the first moment hard a little, but in a harf an hour the aroma changes, becomes closer to skin.Rather long-lasting.

nikolay_marinchev
nikolay_marinchev

I saw it yesterday morning - May of 3rd 2011 at the airport Charles de Gaulle - Terminal 1 - in Paris.

raverdudes
raverdudes

Could anybody please tell me where I could find this? I am a HUGE fan of Thierry Mügler's fragrances, and I've looked for this, like, EVERYWHERE. Needless to say, I have not been successful at it :(

maidbymatel1987
maidbymatel1987

i would love to get my hands on some to try it out any ideas where?

John E Buoy
John E Buoy

How disappointing..... I had high expectations of this, as I love A*MEN, as well as the Pure Malt.
The initial burst is great, but it dies down to nothing very quickly, whereas A*MEN lasts all day on me.

weegee
weegee

Oddly arousing. For me it's like sitting in a coffee shop with the man my heart most desires.

I define a good cup of coffee as hot, dark, bold and aromatic. I want my first lip-burning sips to wake me up and make me pay attention - and this fragrance does just that. If the initial boldness remained it would be just too much. The drydown is comfortable, maybe even a little bit on the cuddly side.

The subtle drydown lasts 6-8 hours on my skin, 12-18 hours on my hair and 24 hours on clothing.

Very disappointing... I agree with kerrso99 on this one on when you spray it on you immediately get the coffee but after a few moments it fades and sticks very close to the skin. For me the original A*men is still the best from TM.

kerrso99
kerrso99

Very disappointed in this, "dont believe the hype". As soon as you put this on you get the blast of coffee and thats it.It fades very quickly and leaves not much. nobody commented on it (unlike A for men) and i could not even smell it myself. wont be buying again.

masboi
masboi

perfect...

that's all i can say

sadly it is limited edition :(

BIG
BIG

Initially i had high hopes, but i was disappointed because i expected it to be more expressive. I thought i'd get a fresh ground coffee beans smell or fresh roasted coffee smell type of scent. Pure coffee smells like arabica coffee, it's deep and maybe vaguely bitter, but then transitions to a creamy dark chocolate smell. Longevity is about 6-7 hours on me.

jonr951
jonr951

Hello all you beautiful people in Fragrantica Land!!! How are you today? Wonderful I hope!!! So I am hoping someone out there can help me out with this!! I am dying to find a sample of Pure Coffee!! Dying!! I sampled it once when it first came out and I dont remember it at all. I have heard nothing but great things about Pure Coffee!!! People say its AMAZING!!! I am dying to experience it!!! It is so hard to find now!!! Its like its nonexistent!! Bottles that I have found are far above the original asking price. I dont remember it very much at all so I would love to test it again first. If anyone can send me a sample, you have no idea how wonderful you would be!! I would be extremely greatful and appreciative!! You have no idea how much it would mean to me!! I have a sample collection as well and would love to find and send you something you would like in return. If anyone can help, please oh please oh please and thank you thank you thank you!! I hope you all have a beautiful day. Peace&Love- Jonathan R.

falovalo
falovalo

I'm not at all a coffee drinker, but I love the smell of a pot of it brewing. That being said, I don't like coffee notes in fragrances. It just never feels right. In Pure Coffee, the coffee note gives me an impression of sweat when it mingles with the other notes. Not to mention that it is STRONG.

guest_liz jee
guest_liz jee

its a cofee flavour mix wt vanilla, i like it 8 d 1st time a guy fren giv me as a gift...... i like d strong smell its like i rub a pure cofe 2 my whole body..... couldnt found tat perfurm in msia anymore , i miss tat smells, its remind me 2 sumone...... d person who giv me tat perfurm jst pass away on his 2nd day after his 40th bdaylast july lst year........ wer i can get tis smell ??????????

Sorry I have to disagree, this is nothing like Blue Sugar whatsoever....

Cassiano
Cassiano

Just from the begginnig it reminds me A LOT Blue Sugar. But, it looks like a sour + coffee, while Blue Sugar resembles sugar hot syrup + coffee.

The blinding opening notes evolve very fast and turn the aroma much more creamy and calm, making the scent comfortable and vanilla-ish (although the vanilla note doesn’t exist on the pyramid list). At this point, the coffee is not noticeable anymore.

On my skin it stays too close, which I didn’t expect since it is an “Angel”. I thought that the aroma would stays powerful during all the time but I got disappointed at this part.

Nonetheless, it is a delicious perfume and its lasting is amazing! More than 12 hours on my skin.

Maybe the best AMEN!!!! Very Masculine, attractive. not too sweet, not to bitter, the perfect compination for a man above 30.

saint2006
saint2006

It's More than just Coffee. It's a PERFECT cup of coffee! This is a Signature scent for me. If you THINK about how ADDICTING coffee is. IMAGINE how people REACT to a person that smells like it. It draws people, and tons of compliments.
It maybe a bit overpowering at first, so i recomend only one spray to start. It lasts all day. I wore this during the summer, but its more of a fall, winter frag.

BEAUTIFUL Gourmand!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Simply coffee nothing else,i am a coffeemaniac so i love it.Makes me wanna drink it..

megannsmom
megannsmom

As a woman who doesn't really believe in the idea of "mens" and "womens" fragrances (who cares? If it smells good, WEAR IT!) and a lover of coffee, (all day, every day, winter and summer, have a big mug here with me now) I couldn't wait to try this one. I got my hands on a large decant today and eagerly spritzed......then jerked my head back with a "whoa!" because it was so strong and yes, masculine. Sharp and bitter but not unpleasant...just very manly. I was disapointed at first, this was NOT what I had wanted. Then it calmed down, in came the musky creaminess to mingle with the delicious coffee note, and I became a happy girl! Still not as good as my HG Coffee scent; New Haarlem, but yummy just the same. I think I will try mixing it with a bit of CP Vanille Coco and see what happens....

pitbull friend
pitbull friend

This stuff is great. Delicious spicy coffee on me that just lasts and lasts. And I covet a full-size one with the adorable rubber flask. So sad that it's a limited edition & already getting pretty hard to find. I'm thinking the demand is such that Mugler will have to bring it back, won't they? Please, please?

orbicon
orbicon

This is a beautiful gourmand scent. The top notes are pure coffee with caramels. Sweet and delicious. The dry down is almost identical to A*Men, but more subtle with less staying power.

guest_:]
guest_:]

I would like to try it :] I'm wondering... why the name of this fragrance is not C*MAN :] because it's coffee :D

Kultakutri
Kultakutri

It's a wonderful scent but I smelled the coffee in question for around 0.03 seconds. Then there was caramel with those crispy bits, lots of maple syrup, some burnt cat hair and.... cilantro. After an hour or so, I thought there was lots of orris root and a touch of amber. I would call it Pure Cake. (I'll work on the recipe, it will be one of those cakes with calorie count that could heat up a medium-sized town for several days.)

Tarida
Tarida

This absolutely smells divine. It has that sharp opening note which dries down to a silky and creamy note. I'm just curious what the new men's Thierry Mugler fragrance will smell like? It is going to be called A*MEN PURE MALT. I'm not sure of the Launch date though?

eduardomm
eduardomm

exactly like the name: pure coffee!
why to smell like coffee! strong and real coffee???
i dislike this one...

acc
acc

I find Thierry Mugler fragrances surprising. They always start with fierce and displeasent notes, then become addictive and sweet.

Pure Coffee starts with sharp, bitter and displeasent notes. For 2 hours, i smell extremely strong coffee and woody notes.

After that 2 hours of displeasent notes, the addictive heart notes start to get noticed. Very sweet and delicious coffee makes me want to smell it again and again.

Drydown stays very close to skin, it is almost impossible to be detected. But it lasts very well for 10 hours on my skin. So, the life of the scent is 12+ hours on me.

The opening notes are a bit harsh and displeasent. I guess some people will find it unwearable because of those opening notes. But once you reach the drydown, it is worth that displeasent opening notes.

The drydown of the fragrance is as precious and hard to find as the gold in the ads.

thomkallor
thomkallor

I'm so happy to see this so warmly embraced, because it warmly embraces me :) The very definition of comfort....my nose is sadly unsophisticated: all I get here is sweet rich COFFEE! Less sweet and synthetic than my beloved A*Men, but so much richer and deeper. Romantic. Soothing. I felt like a winner when I finally scored my bottle from Sak's - and it's a beauty, brown rubber with the Gold Mugler star. Too good for office wear!

coco76
coco76

i have wanted to try this one for awhile, and i don't care that it is 'meant' for men....now that i have tried it and experienced it, i think that i may actually buy it for my father. i was freaked out the first few minutes because all i could smell was sharp celery! but then the coffee smell developed and the musk chimed in....it smells like my father to me, he must drink two pots of black coffee a day! i think he will like it, he is a man who would rather discuss politics then pop culture, a man who enjoys sailing, a man who relishes the daily crossword and finding autobiographies of his favourite historical figures. my dad can be quite a serious man, but his dry wit and humour shine through...like this cologne, i think.

I love this, it very strong on first spray but it mellows down to a very dreamy sweet smell.

rebella
rebella

I´ve smelled this for the first time during this weekend and I fell in love! Strong, sweet coffe and some licorice... but not in an overwhelming way just hot, comforting and very suitable for the autumn I think. My husband have to get this and I have to steal it from him now and then...

F_A
F_A

Very nice intensive smell of strong sweet coffee - who said this fragrance is for men?:) Love it!

dgoosenberg
dgoosenberg

Smells great! Maybe a little bit overpowering if too much is applied buy it's a really nice winter fragrance.

LuckyStar1

I love A*Men and tested this and it a very nice fragrance. I can definately smell the features patchouli, musk, coffee, vetiver and cedar. It is quite different to A*Men though I find. I bought 2 bottles as it is Limited Edition.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

How wonderful! When pure coffee combines with darkchocolate -> A pure young modern sexy seduction. Very rich, energizing, softly sweet. A really special scent for young people. Don't miss it!

guest_Joshi
guest_Joshi

well I think that a'men is really nice but the pure coffee is even better than the original but that is only one persons apinion but my mum bought me a 50ml bottle of if and we got loads of freebies and I was over the moon

gigimarketing
gigimarketing

I'm in love with A-Men...this is just a softer version, just with more coffee in the head...not like the original

vertigo
vertigo

exactly, pure coffee & great bottle :)
but I find the fragrance too overpowering.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I'm so excited my mum just got me a bottle from the bay on her way home from Toronto yesterday. $90 a bottle !! but so worth it. I was addicted to A*men but stopped wearing it because after a few hours it started to have a sour sickly smell also a co-worker said It smelt very feminine, but this is really yummy, still a*men but with a slightly lighter creamier cleaness.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

To me this seems like a lighter version of A*men. The coffee notes wore off fast on me and I was left with a subtle A*Men.

jeca
jeca

Energizing ;o) Another real coffee is by Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Vanille Mokha

A*Men Pure Coffee by Thierry Mugler 4.17 out of 5 based on 387 ratings and 105 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify A*Men Pure Coffee by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of A*Men Pure Coffee by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.