Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

tobacco
honey
cacao
A*Men Pure Havane Thierry Mugler for men Pictures

After two limited edition versions of the original A * Men fragrance, A * Men Pure Coffee from 2008 and A * Men Pure Malt from 2009, Thierry Mugler presents the new edition A * Men Pure Havana in May 2011. A * Men Pure Havana is a gourmand interpretation of the tobacco scent and the finest Cuban cigars signed by perfumer Jacques Huclier.

The composition opens with fresh tobacco leaves and honey, followed by notes of patchouli, vanilla and bitter cocoa. The base is warm and oriental with notes with labdanum, amber and styrax.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Tobacco white honey

Patchouli Vanille Cacao

French labdanum Amber Styrax

Animale Animale for Men
Cigar

A*Men Pure Havane Fragrance Reviews

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

This is an AMAZING fragrance. At first spray I get a blast of what smells like sweet cherry, although that isn't in the note break down. Past the initial blast now, the cherry remains as the sweetness of the honey and vanilla begins to surface. The Mugler DNA shines the same way it does in Pure Malt in this bottle, the Mugler patchouli is what makes these A*Men scent so spectacular! Before I forget, the drydown is perfected by the tobacco making all the sweet accords sweet and SMOKY. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. A fall and winter staple fragrance.

rajnandan
rajnandan

when i first tried it i was repeled by its sweetness but I gave it some time and I find it so amazingly awesome now. Stays for a long time. Projects well (better than many).

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Pure Havane or Pure Malt...which is better? Neither one; I love both but prefer Pure Havane in the Fall and Pure Malt over the Winter months. I can add nothing new that hasn't already been mentioned other than to mention PH projects well and lasts 12+ hours on my skin.

Pure Havane is a Fall/Winter fragrance (cooler weather) so I would avoid wearing it during the warmer months or you may choke yourself out...although the erotic asphyxiation fans may enjoy this one year-round. (Lol) Just to echo the aforementioned comments, PH is not a formal/office scent since you will get noticed in a not-so-nice way. It's best for casual wear or a night out. Truly an outstanding fragrance!

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

More focused than Pure Malt and more accessible than the original A*men, this is the best of the line. Pure Havane opens with a deep, maraschino cherry wrapped in honeyed tobacco leaves. I spent a few years living in Little Havana, a historically Cuban neighborhood in Miami that is famous for cigars, many of which are hand-rolled on location. Pure Havane vaguely reminds me of walking by the neighborhood cigar shops, though it's unsurprisingly much sweeter as this is certainly a gourmand. So don't expect to smell like Tony Montana.

A little goes a long way. One or two sprays on the neck should suffice. And like most gourmands, it's definitely risky in hot weather. As the fragrance dries down, I'm left with a mellow cacao reminiscent of opening a pack of instant hot chocolate. I don't get so much vanilla as others report.

Regardless of its excellent projection and lasting power, Pure Havane doesn't take itself too seriously. It's great for just hanging out on a nice cool day, or for a relaxed evening at a hip bar or club. This isn't suit and tie stuff. So if you're looking for a similar gourmand that is more luxurious, many have suggested Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille.

I don't usually like to mention any kind of compliment factor but this one gets a ton. A fantastic scent overall, and one of my own personal favorites.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Pure Havane is a Jekyll & Hyde fragrance for me. Sometimes I find it wonderfully smooth, an old-fashioned tobacco sweetened with honey and made gourmand. At other times I find it overtly chemical, screeching and even a little unpleasant - this seems to be worse during summer. It's quite a strong fragrance but I find that it is best enjoyed in my own company, underspraying so that I can occasionally smell myself wearing it. It's a guilty pleasure, like an overly sweet chocolate you sneak when you're supposed to be cutting down on your naughty food.

Eddie2082
Eddie2082

What can I say that hasn't already been said.
This perfume is amazing!!!!!
I don't smoke but I love the smell of tobacco.
Its different and very mature.
Must have.

azizhejji
azizhejji

Extremely Sweet
Go for it if u into sweet scent

Henrythe9th
Henrythe9th

Two sprays at my neck. Yes the opening is sweet; honey, tobacco, vanilla and some cherry. As noted before. No surprices here. Do I like it? Yes. It´s not perfect, but really good. To me just a bit too sweat and the tobacco/honey could have been slightly toned down. But a nice, mature scent.

For a man with at least some sense of style. The dry down is what makes this great. Less tobacco, some caramel, patcholi, the vanilla and it´s just a delight. I really love it. This scent gets better by every hour until it becomes a skin scent at about
10 + hours. I´d say it lasts about 9 hours with good projection on my skin, while I still would get som small whiffs of it at the end of the 9 hours.

Scent: 8,5 (Opening 8, dry down 9)
Sillage: 8
Longevity: 9 (9 + hours)
Versatility: 8,5 (Would not take it to the gym...)
Total: 34/40 (Great, sweet, tobacco scent. Quality!)

soned
soned

FYI: there is a candle jar from "Colonial Candle" called "Cigar Room" that smells identical to this one!!!!. I may have looked pretty stupid when I opened it to smell it and......smiled for a while. Exactly the same. Bought 2 jars right there.

This is by far, my favorite of all Amen, followed by Taste of a fragrance, then Pure Malt.....and very far from these, the original, not my cup of coffee (I don't drink tea).

Sweet cherry or vanilla cigar across the board, but not smokey. Good longevity, excellent projection. Very nice indeed.

calculus314
calculus314

The smell:
Everything I've read about this scent is true: A sweet honey/cherry/vanilla flavored tobacco cigar. If you've never wrapped your lips around one, you just wont understand the appeal. The designer clearly expresses to its audience that this is the smell they were aiming to perfect, and they make no apologies for it.

Even though I find the smell to be very unique and appealing, I always find myself asking the same question:

Do I really want to walk around all day smelling like this?
Sadly, the answer is always a disappointing...No.

Saulius77
Saulius77

Jacques Huclier is a genius.A men original ,A men Pure Havane is a masterpiece!!!

camposg
camposg

I had pure malt because i thought it was better based on reviews than havane but after smelled this i realized I was wrong. I would of rather purchased havane over pure malt. This is nice stuff that probably also performs better than malt too.

Winter-Fall fragrance

25 and up

Any setting

S24995
S24995

While I appreciate the unique mix of cherry, tobacco, & honey, I've decided I prefer the original & Pure Malt to this. It's still really good, probably a 8.5/10 for me, but it's not quite as "smooth" as PM or 24 Gold, etc. Thumbs up, but if I could only wear this or PM for 10 days straight, I'd only reach for it 2 or 3 times.

cologneprophet
cologneprophet

Sampled this today.
Extremely warm honey/tobacco vibe going on with a spec of Cherry. Very nice and must say I will be putting this on my to buy list.

laxm0nkey
laxm0nkey

I genuinely love this scent, but i get pretty poor sillage with it and average longevity, 4-5 hours. i go pretty heavy on the trigger with this, which is disappointing considering the price tag, but scent is very good. Sweet honey and cherry tobacco. very enjoyable. still wish i got better sillage. that is the big downside to this. most fragrances dont last on me very long so average is. well. average.

EDIT****
I wore it to school today and WOW. i got 10 hours of longevity and perfect sillage+projection. about arms length and about a 2 foot trail. you may not think that is good, but i put one spray on my chest, under my shirt, and one in my hair. a more reserved type of spraying. The sweet honey and cherried tobacco stayed pretty linear through the duration, but the honey died down, but stayed present. I was surprised at how well this fragrance performed considering my previous experience with it. Maybe it had something to do with my body heat inside my shirt making it stay active longer. I will now give this a 9.5/10
i do not give 10/10 to any fragrance i have smelled yet. My 10/10 is reserved for now

Monsieur Limonade
Monsieur Limonade

Very sweet fragrance, and my 2nd favourite from Thierry Mugler (loosing only to Pure Malt), for some reason I only notice the cherry syrup vibe on paper, on my skin it's just sweet sweet honey, some hints of tobacco and some patchouly (specialy on the dry down), longevity is good, while projection is just about average.

musicman4931
musicman4931

Quality juice as usual from TM.. Almost overly sweet though. Like a steroid version of Animale Animale. Cool/Cold weather only.

sjam3295
sjam3295

This is just gorgeous on a cold winter night. It's rich, earthy, sweet and powdery, but not smoky; the tobacco is a beautiful flavour in the scent adding depth with an almost tar-like, hay-like smell. It's a wonderful, comforting scent.

I find the sillage to be fairly moderate, but it lasts forever. I could still smell it on my arm (and it still smelled wonderful), all through the next day, even after a shower.

gsevrain
gsevrain

Un rico perfume con aroma dulce y a tabaco, perdurable entre 6 y 8 hs, tiene una fragancia moderada es decir intermedia, no es fuerte pero tampoco suave. Un perfume muy rico, se nota la calidad del mismo. Para usar de noche, y en epocas que van de otroño, invierno y primavera o las noches frescas de verano.! Puntaje total 8/10

@seekritdude

Brilliant..just Brilliant.

as they say, you hit the nail on the head.

joov84
joov84

sweet cherry powdery tobacco honey scent

this one opens up with a powdery sweet cherry note with honey and tobacco in the background. then the honey, vanilla and tobacco start to power up. the fragrance remains somewhat powdery and sweet throughout. the fragrance still have a bit of the a men DNA. the similarities to pure malt are there but are not significant. i prefer it over pure malt. performance is very good.

8.4/10

AZ
AZ

I have two bottles, one I bough the other one is a present from my wife.

This perfume is sweet w/ cherry tobbaco and honey similar to Hooka sweet smell without smokey arouma.

I love this perfume and tried it alot of times til I have bough one for myself.

As for my wife she didnt know that I owned one and bough it for me for my present which I am glade that she did because it is an amazing fragrance.

Also this fragrance got me intersted with the rest of the A*Men flankers and orginal one cant wait for Pure Wood to know how it is going to smell like.

seekritdude
seekritdude

Although I would say the honey in back to black is a more "realistic" honey. This is my favorite honey fragrance period. Some people say it has cherry in it, but I really have to tell myself that its suppose to be cherry to get that.

The first half of the fragrance is just a great honey tobacco. Like seriously opening up a pack of honey and just drizzling it all over a unsmoked cigar. When I first got this it didnt actually sit well with me, because I didnt expect it. And honestly even to this day, I do think that this smells "old/er". But you know what I really enjoy it.

The dry down for me is one of the best and most snuggly things I have ever smelled. I love giving myself a extra spray on my forearm just so I can burry my head in my arm and close my eyes and relax. Its a nice vanilla chocolate wafer sorta smell. It does have that sorta A*men dna a bit here but so much better.

I would say this is probably in my top 15 fragrances I have and have smelled to this day. Its a shame that honestly though, its not a heavy compliment getter from me compared to a lot of my other stuff. Its only ok in those regards for me but hey I enjoy it a lot.

Again I do think it smells older though. Compared to pure malt(since it gets mentioned in the same breath so often), I think this is a more even road in terms of performance. Where as pure malt gets way more compliments, but pure malt has days where it smells great and days where it just doesnt work. This is the middle road.

Besides the older complaint, I will say although im not one to think of fragrances as being seasonal generally. This is one for sure that I can not wear on warmer days. The honey it really can get sickenly sweet and sticky and it doesnt work well for me personally.

deruitem
deruitem

Starts off just like other A*men scents with a sweet coffee but almost tar like smell to me. After 20 minutes that is almost gone. Now it smells just like a humidor off fine cigar. Fresh sweet tobacco with a hint of honey.
Update - I slept in my undershirt the first day I wore this. I could still smell it when I took the shirt off in the morning!

birkanalayci
birkanalayci

Is a stunning scent with sweetness. Really different and top line in these lot of "sweet copycat scents". Hope it will return back to shelves.

jovejove
jovejove

A heard a something from a little birdie that you might be able to find Malt, Coffee and Havane again in the fall...but just a rumour ;)

bobosan336
bobosan336

The best of the pure line in my opinion but a bit cloyingly sweet. Starts with the sweet tobacco and over time transforms into the original with the tobacco never really leaving. Interesting, but I'd say not worth buying if you have and like the original.

Highschoolrugbyboy64
Highschoolrugbyboy64

Starts off with fresh, dry tobacco leaves and then sweetens alot with honey but then gets kind of creamy with a vanilla, sweet honey tobacco dry down. Not to sweet if you wear it in the cold. Good if you have a girlfriend because its softer than angel men but yet maintains that beast 24 hour long longevity and solid projection and silliage. Its my signature bro.

Bcshak
Bcshak

After finally getting a hold of a sample, it reminds me of some type of sweet Christmas cookie or pie. I liked it but found it too sweet for my purposes. Definitely a longevity and sillage beast!

Dre416
Dre416

I got this in a swap an hour ago. I sprayed it on my wrist and my first impression on it was that it smelled exactly like the original Angel Men, but without that burnt sugar or burnt caramel smell in the beginning of Angel Men. Right now I find it generic, but before I say anything bad I will test it out to see if I like it.

thelogicalsong
thelogicalsong

Begining of the PureHavane like the mid.heart of the TF Mossbreches.Strange but same.I was surprised and attracted me.

sauliux7
sauliux7

In beginning after purchased this fragrance i did like a smell and sweetnes. I love sweet fragrances with tabacco but after while that sweetness started give nausea and irritate me. Seems its way too sweet and too heavy for me.
Someone was mentioning about comparing this fragrance vs Tom Ford tabacco Vanilla. Difference is like Day and the Night. Mugler I feel synthetic sweetness which gives me nausea. But TF tabacco and vanilla its just beautiful soft sweetnes and natural.These fragrances are not comparable.

king_basim

ولكن انا متاكد ان موجلر

جابه وحطه في هذه الزجاجة

southchicagoray
southchicagoray

Does anyone remember walking down the aisle of Walgreens and catching the scent of sweet tobacco? As a child,I remember pipe tobacco being stocked in the store aisles, not behind the cashier. That awesome smell always fascinated me, even though as an adult I never smoked. To me, Pure Havane takes me back to that place and that time...its an awesome fragrance!

estewart51
estewart51

This is one of the most beautiful openings of a fragrance that you will ever find. A burst of vanilla and honey with small bits of tobacco; nothing is too overpowering - yes, even the patchouli (which is normally really strong in a lot of fragrances)

I find this too be a cool weather gourmand just because of the way it progresses towards the dry down. This is such a smooth scent on my skin. It's also versatile enough to be worn with a suit or in casual wear.

Lastly, Havane smells nothing like Tobacco Vanille in my opinion.

Great juice!!!

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

manis madu + kehangatan tobacco serta kenikmatan coklat & vanilla... sulit di ungkapkan dengan kata2. MASTERPIECE!!!!!!

miniwidget

Vonig***. Why so angry? Who knew perfume could evoke rage.

miniwidget

Vonig***. Why so angry? Who knew perfume could evoke rage.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

@vonzigdrake.....alas ,your words are far from the mark with Pure Havane. Take everything said in his review and discard with a pinch of salt. This scent is beyond wonderful. A confident rich fragrance that imbues the wearer with same. Impossible to ignore and seductive in its warm inimitable way.

happy to have found it ......9/10

kiviivi
kiviivi

honey smoky vanilia hell yes its in my to 10 gr8 longevity

RHONORAY

I get a soft, slightly sweet fragrance that is somewhere between a subtle cigar and a really nice pipe tobacco. Longevity is very good 4, 5 6 hours. I think it smells very well done. My wife (who is inclined towards the fresh lemony scents)was'nt crazy about it, but did'nt hate it either. So her's the question " do woman like men to smell like cigar or pipe tobacco"? I kinda liked it, but there are others like my favorite Idole EDP without the tobacco and better longevity. I probably won't buy it, but if you like that kind of fragrance, this one is for you.

madgefan
madgefan

Just ordered this from Saks. Honey + tobacco = pure sex. Yummy!

Jassar
Jassar

If you like loud obnoxious fragrances then this is for you.

Scrubability = high

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

Today I received the best compliment of all time while wearing Pure Havane. I all I have is a small sample vial. I applied the cologne around 3 and I went to an appointment at around 6. I walked into the waiting room and sat down about 10 feet away from the receptionist. We started talking about the weather. After our conversation had died down she suddenly asked me, "Do you wear cologne?" I paused and answered, "Yes." She asked what I wear and I told her it was Pure Havane. Although she admitted to not knowing it she said, "You smell really amazing! What ever it is you are wearing it smells so good!"

My take on Pure Havane is it is excellent. If you like Pure Malt and Angel Men without the tar and burnt vide you will love Pure Havane. It is a smooth honey, tobacco, and fruity scent with a touch of vanilla and warmth from the amber. I lasts about 8 hours and apparently projects very well. I think it is exceptionally well blended and simply intoxicating while wearing it. It really seems to warm me up in the cold weather. I already own Pure Malt so I am not sure if I am going to get a bottle of this right now however when I run low on PM I might give this a try instead. Overall an amazing scent that if you like gourmands then you will love this!

Sillage: 10/10
Versatility: 8/10
Overall: 9.5/10

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Honey tobacco Candy.

Cobray
Cobray

This one is quite different on the skin then on the paper strip. Whe first tried on paper i get that cigar tobacco vibe whith a hint of vanilla and on skin its more of a powdery coco smell kinda like the smell of a fresh baked chocolate cake coming out the oven. Its long lasting gotta give it that but smells to much like food :(

Im willing to swap this straight out to anyone in the US that has SIGNATURE by English Laundry. Used it doesnt matter has long as its fairly full & authentic

smoj

in the cold this thing turns into beast mode..

put some on yesterday, around 11am

during the day at +11 smelt the odd whiff

at night when it went around +4

i thought my dad was wearing something, who was stood next to me, little did i know after a few hours, i asked him if he's got any fragrance on and he said no, it dawned upon me that it was in fact me and pure havane giving off this lush bitter vanilla smell.

and here i am at 12pm the next morning i can still smell it on my clothes but its toned down to just a smokey pete with a hint of cacoa.

one for the cold. for sure!

Zealous
Zealous

I'm disappointed. With all the positive reviews and descriptions, I just don't get it. To me, it smells nothing like the notes listed, really. While is's not a bad smell, the wife didn't like it. In fact she pinched her nose as if it stunk. This is third Thierry Muglar I have tried and it the DNA I don't like. Didn't like A-Men, Havane, or Les Parfums de Cuir (leather).

Smell: 6/10
Sillage: 6/10
Lasting: 7/10

steve1991
steve1991

All time favorite cologne so far. I just can't get enough of this! After roughly 30mins it smells so natural. The honey,tobacco,coco,vanilla and patchouli are done so well/smooth!!!

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

This is a great frag and it really lasts quite a long time. I enjoy it more than the original A*Men. Need to be very careful on spraying as this one grows over time. If you are in the office, one spray should keep you rockin' all day.
- Edit: Like the comment from smoj - I found this one goes into beast mode easily. Got to be overpowering in the cool/winter days. I had to swap it out for something else.

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

I was expecting a tad more but it's still a must have great smelling fragrance. It's turley something special it's not as good as a pure malt but it's a 9 outta 10 while malt is 10/10

Q80
Q80

good that i have tested it before buying it blindly.
sometimes i like to look at some reviews specially when it describes some scents with leather, tobacco, & smoke.

i've tested this in Dubai's airport once with also pure coffee, and a white Thierry Mugler bottle, to me and according to my taste, it's not the type of tobacco that i personally like... it's just another Thierry Mugler perfume, i can REALLY sense that it belongs to his collection where his stamp in each and every perfume he creates & honestly none of his ever gets me.

this is just another Thierry mugler perfume for all who likes Thierry Mugler, nothing special at all.

sdcga161

Well, after spending sometime with this one, I sent it to eBay and a new home. I never got last the "just came back from a smoke break" sensation. In fact, the tobacco note in this one, on my skin, was not that of a humidor or cigar store; it was the smell of cigarette smoke on clothing. Not appealing to me at all, and I LOVE tobacco scents. I'll use the money from my eBay sale to get a decant of Back to Black, with its delicious smoked honey aroma, or put it toward a new bottle of Tobacco Vanille, which is to my experience the King of Tobaccos.

Rossyh
Rossyh

The is my sig scent for the fall and winter months. Like Pure Malt I wasn't blown away the first time I smelled it, but every time I wear it I love it more and more and now it rightly so stands as one of my favourites.

It's very sweet and so I'd be reluctant to wear any more than 3 sprays unless I was out and about in fear of it becoming a cloying mess. The initial spray can be harsh to some but once it settles it's possibly the finest gourmand I've tried, especially for its price (£45 per 100ml).

I was expecting it to last a bit longer than it did, but I still get compliments long after I stopped smelling it, so it must have better longevity than I perceive it to. The great thing for me is that because TM bottles are so sturdy I can happily carry it around with me and reapply when necessary if needed (I'm very heavy handed and have lost several bottles due to this :( ).

If there was ever any danger of this getting discontinued I would buy enough to last me until well into my 40's! For anyone who loves sweet things it's a must.

Update: After trying many other tobacco and honey fragrances (Tobacco Vanille, Back to Black etc.), this is still king for me,

tenortelfer
tenortelfer

Half way through the bottle now.This fragrance to me smells of play dough and cherry cough sweeties.I really enjoyed Pure Malt,but cannot fall in love with this.Whereas Pure Malt has a rounded warming sweetness,I find this to be cloyingly sweet and a bit too synthetic.Pure Malt for me wins hands down.

RHONORAY

I agree with Weaselize, fortunately I only bought samples. These were just okay, nothing special.

weaselize
weaselize

I can not understand the hype about these mugler scents. I had pure havane and pure malt, both bought them blind after being infected with the brainwashvirus after al the raving reviews about these colognes.
People in my surroundings in general didn,t like them.
These are really heavy overpowered chemical bombs, the performance of these muglers is overpimped to a level that,s not enjoyable anymore, even with 1 spray.
I can see a big difference in tastes between American and Europeen people. It seems like American people are hooked up to these kind of scents. Gourmandish type of scents make me wanny puke. Why do people want to smell like food??
I gave these muglers several changes to wear but i just can,t bear it.
I can understand for the youngsters to wear this though.
For me a giant pass

chweintr
chweintr

Reminds me of playing Hooky when I was a kid - faking a cough to stay home, watch TV, and eat cough drops... Luden's wild cherry cough drops; that's what this is.

Pretty nice.

Molko
Molko

Pure Havane is it too loud? No way, I use 6-8 spritz, but doesn't project enough well, rather moderate, but if you pull the trigger you can fill the place with thsi magic juice:) The smell at first is weird, synthetic, butter cream-honey with spice and after 10 minutes smells like yummy burnt-sugar with tobacco-vanilla, I feel also Amen in the background. I'm waited something different and more tobacco, not bad at all, pleasant, interesting, unique, unisex scent for spring, autumn or winter. I need a little more projection so I'm not satisfied with Havane. Amen is a beast, but I like more the smell of Havane.
Smell: 100000/10
Sillage: 7-8/10
Lasting: 9/10
update: I think the final part of the drydown (after 5 hours) is enough masculine and very similar to the regular Amen. The middle part is the best, smells like cherry-tobac sweets, yummy:) Smells like also The Taste of fragrance (Pure chili), they're very similar when the top notes fades away.
I felt this stronger when my temperature raised, so it has better performance on my skin in warmer weather.
Now I love it, warning because it's addictive:) This can be the weapon of seduction:)

sdcga161

RogerJr17 encapsulated this one very well. Tobacco done right (again, I agree with Roger: Tobacco Vanille and Back to Black) can't be beat. I'm not sure this one does it exactly right, though. I can't imagine there being anyone who DOESN'T find the tobacco notes here, but is it really tobacco I'm smelling? Because to be honest, it doesn't smell so much of tobacco as it does of smoking. In fact, my nose keeps telling me that I've returned from a cigarette break and the smoke remains on my clothes. I don't know that that is something I want to project. I'm gonna live with this one a bit before I make my final decision, but as it stands today, I'm concerned that if I wear this to the office, my friends and co-workers will think I've picked up the habit again.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

Pure Havane

I picked this up because I wanted to sample all of the scents in the Pure line from Mugler. Pure Malt I found to be overhyped and honestly not worth it. Pure Leather wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I found Pure Shot (on my skin) was a train wreck. So Pure Havane was my last hope. Let's find out how it stacked up.

The Smell: Pure Havane is a tobacco/honey/vanilla scent. That's mainly what I got from it. The tobacco in here is like a cherry pipe tobacco. This note, unfortunately, ruined this thing for me. I like tobacco notes when done right (see Back to Black by Kilian or Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford). The tobacco in here, to me, was not done right at all. It was too loud and very cloying. I know what you're thinking. You probably think I over applied it. I put on 2 sprays. If that is over applying then I don't know what to think. The few times that I let this thing last it's full duration, it dried down to a pretty good vanilla scent. In most instances, this is how things went. I would put on two sprays and I would have a headache within 5 minutes of wearing it. I would scrub it off and put on something more enjoyable. The scent wasn't great to me. 3/10

Projection: Okay if you want a fragrance that is obnoxiously loud and will get you noticed, pick this stuff up. It is so loud with just 2 sprays that it's bind boggling. Every tobacco scent that I have worn has been beast mode on me. This scent was no different. Projected for 6 hours and then died down slightly but never did become a skin scent fully. 10/10

Longevity: Pure Havane lasted anywhere from 10 to 16 hours on me. In most cases on fragrances, I stop counting at 10 hours. In this case, I was in so much agony I was counting down the hours before it died. For those that like it, you'll get your money's worth here. 10/10

Versatility: Pure Havane is a Fall/Winter scent. I highly discourage you from wearing it in the Spring/Summer unless it's on a cooler day or a night out. This stuff isn't to be trifled with so don't get brave and throw on like 5 to 6 sprays in the blazing heat. You'll be hurtin' for certain I promise you. This is where Pure Havane takes another hit because it just performs better on colder days. The colder it is, the better it shines. 5/10

Final rating: 7/10.

NOURNAGY
NOURNAGY

very strong smell it actully almost gave me a headache but u know what i love it

for start this is very strong sweet scent i was not into sweet scents but i changed my mind

for longevity this thing is crazy it is simply undefeatable i took a shower got out and it was still there

for projection very good u will get noticed

this is really a love or hate smell i love it and my wife hate it very much but i dont care thumbs up mr mugler

the only down side is the sprayer really sucks

projection 8/10
longevity 10/10
scent(for me) 9/10
overall 9/10

nicholas.covich
nicholas.covich

I have one bottle on my ledge, and 2 bottles in reserve in case they ever stop selling this. That's all you need to know about how incredible this is. Normal a*men is also a masterpiece!

smoj

just got a bottle of this beast. instantly got it out the rather impressive (as always) box and spreyed 2 spreys on the back of my hand and wow. what a treat.

first off i got a play-doh/cherry type smell and was ok.. its ok.. then about 30 minutes the REAL treat kicked in. smokey tobacco, vanilla, then more smokey notes. then vanilla then 45 minutes in the coacoa kicked in with the vanilla and honey..wow.. just wow.

blew my mind.

another masterpiece from the Mugler house.

if i only was to have 3 frags for the rest of my life, i wouldn't at all be disappointed in having. A*men - A*men pure malt and pure havane

SmutRavageur
SmutRavageur

A*Men Pure Havane is a masterpiece. As an unabashed lover of sweet fragrances, my genuine affection for this one cannot be understated.

When I first purchased Pure Havane last March, I didn't think a whole lot about it. I wasn't instantly wowed. Then, one day, I applied one spray to my right wrist, and I kept getting these beautiful wafts of it, and there 'it' went: 'it' being my heart. It fell for this fragrance.

Obviously Pure Havane has the core A*Men DNA of bringing in the sweets, but where it diverts from the original A*Men is important, when the honey and the tobacco set in upon that first, initial blast. I get a little bit of cherry, but not as much as others are reporting. The honey and tobacco dry down to this smooth scent that keeps my wrist rising and returning to my nose.

Pure Havane is warm, comforting and alluring. The sweet tobacco keeps it that way. At times, I get a gummy bear aroma from it, which I don't mind at all, and is something that I enjoy, but to my nose it's very much there in the honey/tobacco accord. Pure Havane is very versatile, projects well and lasts at least 7 to 8 hours on my skin. This will always be a masterpiece to me, and I'll never retract that statement. I love Pure Havane.

Belvedere
Belvedere

Pure Havana is a sweet and smoky experience. Very sweet at the beginning, a little synthetic but a change from so many colognes. When it drys down it is still a sweet smell but much more smoky. And as many reviewers state it is a warm deep honey smoky scent, not smokey ash. Does not project very far but lasts for hours especially on your clothes. I would recommend especially as it is reasonably priced but distinctive in an understated way. I have A*Men EDT and I wear this much more.

Vladimir0102
Vladimir0102

In one word: DELICIOUSNESS!
I'm at my first wear of this piece of art and all I can say is that I fell deeply in love. The mid notes and base notes are simply brilliant. I wish I could pick in between them but I can't. Today I couldn't (and i still can't) stop sniffing myself and my wrist. It's like a drug. I mean it. I wish I ordered two bottles cause I'll surely finish this one very fast.
The only one thing that I would change about this flanker is the projection. Wished it project more aggressively.
But all in all, this is GOLD!

dubairob
dubairob

This has become a classic Autumn evening scent for me.

From out of the bottle, the sweetness may initially cause you to draw back - especially, if like me, you are not a fan of sweet fragrances. Yet, just like Lapidus Pour Homme, the sweetness does not dominate too much so that the other notes get a chance to breathe.Those other notes are of course the tobacco and vanilla predominantly. These seem to give - along with the other supporting notes (especially amber) - a cherry tobacco type of scent, not unlike tobacco being smoked through a cherry wood pipe. Furthermore, the amber really comes out well into the dry-down. Though that may sound like it gives off a dated-vibe, that is not at all the case. The fragrance is of its time and nobody will think it is the slightest bit dated. Instead I do sometimes get a slightly synthetic feel to this - but that may be just me. I do not get the associations with Burberry London (which has a fairly dominant port wine note) nor Bogart Pour Homme (which is very cherry-like and certainly synthetic).

The performance of Pure Havane is excellent as well. The votes above are about accurate. It is an excellent fragrance for an Autumn evening. It can blend nicely with other fragrances (and I have found that a light spray of Chanel Pour Monsieur on top gives an interesting combination). If you were to wear Terre d'Hermes as a work day scent and Pure Havane to go out in the evening, you would be treating yourself to a couple of the best contemporary fragrances for that season.

Highly recommended try.

MickeyB
MickeyB

I do not write reviews often as I cannot usually determine individual scents. Usually I can pick up on a scent or 2 here or there, but what I do know is that this smells amazing. I love Angel for men, and have all the versions except pure coffee. I did not think anything would ever top the original, but this by far blows it away, and that's coming from someone who absolutely loves Angel for men. This one to me is like a more mature less sweet more subtle version. I just received my first bottle a few days ago and after trying the few other colognes I recently purchased I immediately ordered more since it is limited.

vicente.zacatenco
vicente.zacatenco

El aroma es un poco dulce al principio, predomina sobre todo un aroma a cereza que me recuerda a algún tipo de dulce... es decir un aroma un tanto a cereza artificial, el cual se ve compensado con el ligero aroma a tabaco. Si bien es cierto recién aplicado el aroma dulce predomina, a los 5-10 minutos se suaviza y entra en un muy buen balance. Es muy recomendable para la época de frio o lluvias ya que no llega a ser hostigoso.

bandarsaadseed

Pure Perfume Havana from Terry Mugller perfume very cool either in terms of consistency and Alfohan very excellent
MY RATING perfume:
Persistence: 10/10
Alfohan: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
I hope you experience before buying and to give the fragrance a chance at taking a sample of it

bandarsaadseed

عطر بيور هافانا من تيري موغلير عطر رائع جدآ اما من حيث الثبات والفوحان ممتاز جدا
تقيمي للعطر :

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

SUBJECTIVE

The sweetest and most versatile A*Men derivative, A*Men Pure Havane is a warming blend of notes that work all year long, day and night, at work and in a casual setting. Unlike Pure Leather, Pure Malt and Pure Coffee, the A*Men backbone is not as obvious in Pure Havane. The impression of this one is governed primarily by tobacco from top to bottom along with a supporting cast of sweet accords.

Pure Havane beautifully blends honey and tobacco in the top. As it dries down, the honey fades, only to be replaced by amber and vanilla. With tobacco’s strength and masculine touch, the other notes add a seductive and gourmand aspect to it (allowing it to resemble A*Men Pure Malt in a way).

OBJECTIVE

Thierry Mugler took the projection down a notch on this one in comparison to the other A*Men’s. While quiet within its vicinity, it does, however, leave a deceivingly long scent trail. You will obtain a satisfactory projection for six to eight hours with several applications to the neck, elbow pits and shirt. Its lack of potency is actually a virtue, as it supports the smooth, versatile theme for a fragrance that can be worn everywhere and for all audiences. Although you may disagree, this one smells nice while exercising / working out (only one or two sprays though!).

IMPRESSION

While not as bold or daring as A*Men or its flankers, Pure Havane is probably the most universally pleasing scent out of the line (if not second to Pure Malt). I reach for this one more often than any of the other A*Men bottles in my collection because it is unique, attractive and not overbearing (other colognes that do the same include Hugo Boss’s Boss Bottled, Christian Dior’s Dior Homme and Frapin’s 1270). Congratulations to Monsieur Mugler for pulling off a “tobacco-based” cologne that appeals to the masses.

PLAN

As it has been discontinued, do not count on being able to find it at its original retail price. If you own A*Men and are looking for just one flanker to add to your collection, Pure Havane will be for you. If you are a collector of fragrances, this one will likely not add much to your collection, particularly if you own niche fragrances that highlight the notes of amber, vanilla and tobacco. If however, you collect A*Men flankers like myself, then this particular fragrance is a staple, especially since it smells quite different from the others. Finally, if you are in search of a bolder alternative that really puts the spotlight on tobacco and vanilla, then look no further than Tom Ford’s masterpiece Tobacco Vanille. ★★★★

sugarcane
sugarcane

This fragrance is pretty nice. An overall sweet vanilla tone but with a hint of rough masculine scent underneath. Worth buying. If you like sweet smells you will really this.

kamooo
kamooo

So this is not for me. I had to sell.

WildDove
WildDove

Pure Havane is A-men and Angel plus cherry tobacco - delicious unisex fragrance for fall and winter! Pure Malt however seems clearly masculine.

InsuranceMan
InsuranceMan

Just got this stuff as a Christmas present to myself. I bought Pure Leather last week and loved it, but this is in a whole other class. Very strong synthetic cherry when first sprayed, people say a lot like Vick's cough syrup, it's pretty close, but then it goes away. Has that A*men kick then dries down to a vanilla-honey sweet cigar spice that is amazing. Very warm and inviting. The best...Pierces the icy cold weather. Keeps you warm kind of scent...

Scent:10/10

Silage: 10/10

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I received a free 5ml decant of Pure Havane by a very nice generous seller.. I never really considered any of the Thierry Mugler fragrances.. I gave the original Angel Men a sniff before on a tester strip.. I liked the smell alot but I had other things on my mind at the time.. I never smelled any of the flankers until now.. Pure Havane is a very nice gourmand like tobacco scent.. It opens up right away with tobacco and honey, and it gets right to the point.. The tobacco is there throughout the fragrance but it is not over done.. The honey smells so sweet and edible that it makes this fragrance smell delicious, women will want to eat you.. Cocao, vanilla, patchouli, amber and the rest of all the notes add to the beauty of the composition.. I can definitely smell the DNA of the original A* Men in Pure Havane but they are still very different.. Very nice fragrance and now I am curious to try the original..

SDavis93
SDavis93

Amazing fragrance. its Honey sweet tobacco with the original A*men scent in the background making it the Perfect flanker, as usual. for me its better than the original i find this more wearable, the original was too unique,too strong, lasts all day and more, still very nice but i couldn't wear it regularly. Pure Havane still has great longevity and projection but just not as potent as A*men. Great fragrance, nothing to dislike about this fragrance, a perfect tobacco based fragrance, the perfect balance of sweetness, spice and tobacco, overall amazing 9/10.
As much as i like Tobacco Vanille for its spicy tobacco scent. I prefer the sweet tobacco in Pure Havane which makes it more versatile. still both are great fragrances

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Rich, sweet syrupy honey, earthy tobacco with a smattering of dried cacao and vanilla. It keeps going for hours, and gets better as it dries. It gets compliments everywhere.

Opening: Smooth operator. Chocolate and honey linger like sweet afterthoughts, rolling lazily over vanilla beans and moist rich (mulched) tobacco leaves. A bit of A men bite, but its been restrained.

Sillage: Very good for 2-3 hours, then decent for 3-6.

Longevity: Lasts for 6+ hours on moisturized skin.

Gripes: Kind of a playboy smell. Not the kind of refined tobacco sweetness that marks TF Tobacco Vanille (hence the disparity in price). Not sure if he was going for a dignified "leather chair, smoking jacket" feel but it feels more at home in a nightclub than a country club.

Best For: Give it awhile to start drying down, then go on your date and keep it light when you apply. Slightly overpowering the first 10 minutes or so, but give it a bit of time and the tiger is tamed, leaving charming deliciousness. Best for fall/winter, cold and afternoon/night.

Overall: Very happy with this one. Quite good for an EDT. Pure Havane is perhaps less subtle than PM as it dries. But its evocative, and alluring. Stands out from the crowd with an appealing, warm presence. Wonderful composition.

8.5/10

wquiggle25
wquiggle25

IM looking to buy a bottle of this! message me if you have one for safe! Thanks

Nicolas V

Update: I'll have to say I've changed my mind on this one. If you are looking for a straightforward A*Men + smokey tobacco, you are looking in the wrong place. This is not "smoking a cuban cigar whilst wearing A*Men"; this is what I was looking for and thus initially disappointed. This has similar elements to A*Men, but the chocolate is toned down, mint left aside, and sweetness is turned up--albeit not too syrupy--, add some honey, and a very feint hint of fresh tobacco leaves, and we're in business.

It is not as strong as A*Men, nowhere near as complex, and for this appears to be more versatile. The key with this, for me, was application. This is either under the sweater or under the arms. I'd never apply this to the neck or open skin. Just too much. Applied right, it is very nice.

Great for fall and winter--day or night. I could see this working in the spring, but certainly not hot weather. And please not for work.
3.5/5

kayley123
kayley123

VERY STRONG, not as sweet as Tabac Rouge or Tobacco Vanille but very similar (but I get more patchouli and labdanum and much less vanilla than either of those).
It's still pretty sweet though, the honey is very prominent.

Update: wowee!!! I got this today and I must say my initial try did not yield much tobacco however now I've worn it properly I get a really cigar like tobacco like a smooth mild cohiba. There's a little smoke too and cherry really similar to Burberry London actually but creamy with cacao and vanilla.
Frankly, I'm astounded by these A*Men flankers and how good they are initially they smell like the original but then the subtleties shine though especially in this one. It just goes to show how good the original is as it has all these different avenues to explore and make various flankers based on. This is really really good juice and I love it as much as pure malt if not more.

Well...Finally tried this flanker and I have to say it's very nice, not as impressive to my nose as Pure Malt but nice nonetheless.
Sweet, slight cherry vibe to it very warming and again takes some of the edge off the original A*Men much in the same way Pure Malt does.
For me the Honey is prominent(not usually my favourite) but it's a pleasant honey that I actually enjoy. The tobacco is minimal to my nose and I was hoping for something more in this department.
Overall, it's another good but subtle variation on the A*Men theme and the price is agreeable too!

scentgent
scentgent

This is the most similar flanker to the original A*Men IMO. It is a sugary, gourmand with sweet notes. It is not a room clearer though, which is a good thing. It is pleasant and smooth all the way down. If you look at the note pyramid and complain about sweetness, I can only blame you for not anticipating that.

Top consists of cherry, honey, and tobacco
Heart consists of cherry, hints of honey and vanilla
Base consists of cherry and vanilla

This is just a cherry bomb. And for the record, my ratings are based on how the fragrance does on my skin. This does do very well on clothing however.

Projection:7/10 (does awesome, then absolutely dies after the first hour)
Longevity: 6/10 (once it becomes a skin scent, I don't count that towards longevity, 4-6 hours)
Sillage: 6/10 (noticeable, though short scent-trail)
Versatility: 10/10 (very safe, casual scent)
Scent: 10/10 (smooth and pleasant smell)
Bang for buck: 7/10
Compliments: 7/10 (have received a few compliments, though people need to be on your skin to smell anything)
Overall: 7.5/10

Great smell, but there is better out there.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

CHERRY SEASON

The opening is A Men with a heavy dose of an overly sweet synthetic cherry note.

The heart is A Men with an ample dose of an overly sweet synthetic cherry note.

The dry down is A Men with a moderate dose of an overly sweet synthetic cherry note.

To be fair, in the dry down, I finally detected some tobacco peeking thru the cherry bomb.

I could probably buy some Vick's cherry cough drops and rub them on my neck and wrists and save a bundle.

horus11c
horus11c

WOOHOO... Tobacco and cherry mix in the fall season are unbeatable. Longevity is great as always with Thiery Mugler. A nice change from the usual Fall season suspects such as Burberry London, John Vervetos Vintage etc.. Pure Havane is pure Heaven. A must have for TM lovers and fragrance enthusiasts. It is also a good entry choice to gourmand fragrances.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is a pretty straight forward scent, it starts and dries down nearly the same. A honey/Tobacco that are joined with a faint hint of vanilla afterwards. I don't get cocoa at all. Not offensive but becareful of overspraying and you have to wait for like half an hour for it to settle down.

As for me, I do not find too much intresting as I do not like super sweet perfume and this one is way sweeter than pure malt which is easily my favorite A*Men scent from mugler.

Tpainter2
Tpainter2

This is an awesome fragrance, get lots of compliments wherever I go. Nice honey and tobacco note. I wish I could have a never ending supply of this one.

Yogamarc
Yogamarc

Having not worn Angel Men in many years I was interested to try this tobacco scent. The first thing that stuck me was how much it smells like Angel with the hint of tobacco. I would like it better if it were less sweet and a tad heavier on the tobacco scent. It's very nice and I scored it at the right price but I wish it were a bit different than the mother fragrance. I wonder if all the angel men fragrances have the same base with additional notes. As a side note, the tobacco scent matures over time... Perhaps it'll continue to grow on me.

sharifhossain
sharifhossain

A Men Pure Havane is a definite compliment getter! It works like a charm in winter but not in hot and humid season. I give two spray on my chest and two on shirt! During the day with certain movements I get a whiff of the fragrance. The longevity is good, it stays more then 12 hours both on my skin and shirt. The sillage is good enough. It wont disturb anybody annoyingly. You can buy it blind.

carolleelou
carolleelou

I have been wearing this for about a week straight and I keep flip-flopping in my maybe I like it – really can’t stand it opinion. I wear a few men’s perfumes and I thought I could easily wear this.

This is a monster perfume. One small spray will last me 6-7 hours and as far as longevity goes this ranks right at the top, and projection is right in line with longevity. This perfume opens the door for you, as it is quite heavy handed. Longevity – check. Projection – check. Good right? Not so fast.

The above being said, this has to be said. I have been to Havana, Cuba. I have smoked many, many good Cuban (and not Cuban) cigars in my life (yes, even as a woman), Cohiba, Montecristo, Partagas, Romeo Y Julieta, and Hoyo de Monterrey to name a few and while this perfume has tobacco, it is not high-end cigar tobacco. I get Swisher Sweets; sweet being the key word here.

This perfume opens with a huge blast of honey and tobacco, which I like but that doesn’t last long. It quickly changes and the patchouli and vanilla take over and stick around for the long-term, and mixed with the tobacco, I get an unmistakably strong, like you are smoking in the car and you forgot to open a window strong, Swisher Sweets reek.

This is where the negative end of the projection and longevity come into play for me. (NOTE: It does not wash off easily) After a couple hours I can smell a little amber and a little cacao but the vanilla/patch still is the dominant smell on me. I have to admit that the final smell on my skin is nice but it just takes too long to get there. I don’t like Swisher Sweets and I certainly don’t want to smell like one. Even my son said he smelled Swisher Sweets when I had him smell my wrist.

For some- I can see this working, but for me – a resounding no!

The New Monaco
The New Monaco

Excellent wearable as well as Pure Malt. Not to sweet, not cloying, fantastic warm sweet but masculine drydown.
I#m getting vanilla & tobacco leaf (no honey). Very, very good.

Kendall
Kendall

Ok does anyone have a full bottle of this stuff? If so I'm willing to swap a full bottle of the original l'instant de guerlain along with a 50% full bottle of l'instant de guerlain extreme!

3starmagnum
3starmagnum

Anybody have this one and would like to trade?? Please private message me. I have a nearly full TM PM for trade.

bonanza1
bonanza1

This is a nice soft vanilla scent, its okay but I dont get all the hype over it unless something happens during my wear. The first blast of this was great with pure honey with a little tobacco but quickly ccomes the vanilla. I wish they would reintroduce B Man as a linmited.

craniumbash
craniumbash

I have the other 2 famous flankers in my collection but I'm putting this one off as I can't smell the tobacco note in it which my friends can smell.

Secondly I get a lot of cherry at top, that syrupy cherry from a can smell, but it seems to pass by in 15 or so minutes. I just hope it's longevity and projection hold up like the real A*men.

Layzie
Layzie

Pure Havane is a pleasant fragrance. I tested it out tonight, and I heard someone say to her friends, "Whoa, someone smells good!" Her friends responded, "It's not us; we're not wearing anything. It might be that guy that just walked by." That has never happened to me before this evening.

Pure Havane is a sweet blend of honey, vanilla, tobacco, and patchouli. In the car, I kept catching a whiff that gave a sense of warmth and comfort. I definitely enjoyed wearing it tonight, and it might be the only Thierry Mugler that works for me. It's strong, though, so one spray is good enough for me!

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

just amazing, maybe the best winter fragrance

ryanmaes
ryanmaes

pure heaven!

Boy_2_Man
Boy_2_Man

Shoo.. Definitely an awesome scent.. but to me it is a clothes scent rather than a skin scent.. this scent stick forever on my clothes.. Wow

10 over 10 for this one..

cornell
cornell

I just bought one to celebrate my new job, and the reason why I choose it because I needed a long lasting quality juice for the colder weather. I'm 25 and its fits for me perfectly. I think its not for a younger crowd, even because of the sweetness of it, but some say It's very sweet. It is, but not as cloying sweet as JOOP's synthetic rubbish, It's sweet as smooth, calm honey and vanilla, and not irritating as fg.: LA MALE (for me). After an hour maybe it can be called creamy, but it keeps the honey and the vanilla all the time in the center of the note. Longevity is awsome and the projection is perfect for me. When I say perfect I mean not that overpowering in your face, but if you talk to someone, he/she will smell that heavenly scent.

P.S.: If you like sweet fragrences which are not overpowering but last in the cold weathers, you can easily blindbuy it. We're talking about excellent quality here...

P.S.: This is not for warmer weather, this is too heavy for that.

mxp231
mxp231

In my humble opinion, This fragrance is the Magnum Opus of the Pure A*Men Line. The main competitor here is Pure Malt: I purchased a decant of Pure Malt and fell in love with the top notes; however, when it dries down it becomes a dull, strange scent. This one is the opposite: I first sprayed it and hated the strong tobacco. I feel like that note makes this for a more mature audience, and being a college kid, I felt this was not for me. Months later I tried it again and didn't scrub it off. I absolutely love the sweet cherry vanilla drydown!! It is perhaps the most scrumptious scent I have ever smelled. It isn't a sickly sweet like 1 Million and is not a mainstream fragrance worn by many. This, to me, is the perfect combination: I can wear this one and be unique, scrumptious, and 100% satisfied with my purchase.

heartcooksbrain
heartcooksbrain

I own the original A men, A men Pure Malt, and this. Out of those three, this one has a note in the heart of the fragrance that just seems to nauseate me after a few smells. I'm pretty sure it's the tobacco note. The opening is OK although it's VERY sweet and smells like cherry, but the heart and dry down to me just aren't as good as Pure Malt. This one is just TOO sweet for my taste and almost makes me sick feeling after a while, where as Pure Malt is not as sweet and is missing that nauseating note. As far as sillage and longevity, I find that this and Pure Malt come close to being equal on my skin. I know a lot of people say Havane has better projection and longevity but they're about the same on me. The women I work with prefer Malt over Havane.

warlockss

omg this smells incredible , at first i didnt like it but now god almighty , this smells amazing to me its giving me a tomford tobacco vanille vibe but better and more affordable , gonna pick up a few more bottles of this stuff .

Amadeus_k

I have always been looking for a special note of tobacco.
remembers my dad had a box where he held his pipe tobacco called Captain Black Pipe Tobacco,,,when I was curious,I went to my dad's drawer and found the box and put my nose in it and sniffed and sniffed...
Testing has many scents with hints of tobacco .. and finally ,have invented this wonderful scent in 2011... it is amazing and just wonderful...
i love this.. 9/10

warlockss

got this today 2 bottles of 100ml each , so ok how does this smell . to me smells kinda powdery , and as a cigar smoker it does smell like a box of cuban cigars when you open the lid of a box of partagas serie D4 and take a smell of them, i get smells of this frag smelling much like that , with tobacco leaf and cedar and hints of vanilla and honey , i must say i love this more than the pure malt .

zararbutt
zararbutt

Never wanted to add my review upon this, since greats like Amen Pure Havanne dont need any review to be considered as giant. But someone here has put Jacques Bogart Pour Homme as a reminded fragrance against A-Men PH, this has realy driven me to retaliate fiercly.

With due respect to whom JBPH reminds as AMPH, Sir / Mam this is a sin to compare JBPH with AMPH. I have used both and IMO JBPH smells like some fragrance mixed with urine vibe, and no one wants to be smelled with urine hint. Thus litterally given away the full bottle of JBPH to my house mate who also disliked immediately and commented that things which deserve to be thrown away should not be given to someone for use.

I apologize to everyone who like JBPH but this is what i felt and here a phrase occured to me that "one's food for other poison".

xanthus_69
xanthus_69

After a long search and hadn't found any in the Philippines, I finally got my Pure Havane from a friend in California......she bought this in Macy's.....i like the smell very much....instantly a favorite along with the original A*Men and Bleu de Chanel.....

devynm
devynm

Love at first smell. Got a sample of this and it works well. Last a long time on my skin and has great sillage. I have been wanting to pick up a bottle of this stuff for a while now.

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

Amen Pure havane is a good blend of Vanille ,Tobacco and honey.!!
Its much different from basic Amen.!!
Lasts all day long on your skin and has a decent sillage.!!
My colleague couldn't resist herself to ask which perfume I wore since it smelled so great at office too.!!
If you want to feel the best out of this juice try wearing it on Winter evenings!! you'll be amazed!!

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Smells phenomenal! Very much a lighter gourmand than the original A*Men, however they are very different. I agree with the people that say the opening smells like cherries. It gives a bit of a medicinal vibe, but doesn't smell like that of Body Kouros or M7. In the drydown, the tobacco and honey take centre stage and give a pipe tobacco vibe drizzled with honey; very nice. Longevity and projection are good, though not as good as A*Men. It's not available at The Bay stores in Canada, however I will tell a friend to purchase this for me from Galeries Lafayette in Dubai.

DollceVita
DollceVita

My husband's scent. This perfume drives me crazy. Lasts for a long time. Sometimes you can smell it even after a laundry. I do recommend it a lot! ;-)

Valfar
Valfar

Just got this one yesterday. This was my second blind-buy, my first being Pure Malt. I have to say, i like this one more than PM. Project better, lasts longer and overall scent is awesome. This one should be called "Pure Cherry" because that's basically all you get from it. Like a cherry liqueur with chocolate and honey. I was expecting more tobacco notes in this one but actually, i can't smell any tobacco at all. None! Like PM, this one also has the A*Men DNA. And that's a good thing because, like Pure Malt, this one can also be layered with the original A*Men creating an amazing smell that not only you, but also the people around you will be mesmerized by it!

frog23
frog23

My first shot at a Mugler scent. This is 100% a man/Fall scent all day long. Honey is what i first get and is the strong lasting part for me. Reminds me of a store you'd walk into that has a bunch of potpourri. A little woodsy, some spice. Being a cigar smoker i don't get that smell at all. Don't think i'd wear this to the office, if so i'll go with a light spray. It's not overpowering at all so it could be done in the office but again, just doesn't have that feel to it. This is a "cuddle up" scent. Good for the end of the night, sitting on the couch, watching a movie. Not a club scent at all, you aren't going to want to wear this sweating and dancing all night. Pubs, sure but not a club. Stick to date nights with this one.

Elen70
Elen70

I am woman and this is not a unisex scent. But i do love it on my skin :) It is a perfect fall-winter scent for me, warming, the finest pipe tobacco with a hint of honey. With some leather it would be the most perfect perfume for a "classical" man. But it is wonderful this way too :)

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I like it..but it isn't better than the original AMEN..this fragrance gets better with the dry down..but this isn't a flambeau as everyone has tried to make it

rprovenz
rprovenz

A top notch masterpiece.

zaetown
zaetown

Forget what you heard, this is an attention getter whether you like it or not. Never have I gotten negative feedback from women or men but its the only fragrance that a male co worker of mine keeps asking me where can he get a bottle from. If you are a fresh tobacco fan you will be in love with this scent, my most complimented attention getting scent on me of all the a*mens I own, love it!

ZELJO
ZELJO

addictive, when you smells it,you want more and more of this,its dangerous, its like a drug..its amazingly good

Why
Why

Decent scent, but a little on the sweet side for my taste, total gourmand in my opinion. Excellent longevity and sillage.
Sprayer is crap, one of the worst I own.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Sharp and sweet! Cherries and cotton candy. Then quickly mellows to tobacco. Smells amazing!

Drydown: Tobacco base and honey. Tobacco base is very strong and in your face.
Carries a fruit vibe through its life on top. Its relaxing and very gourmandish on the dry.

Projection: Very Very high!

Longevity: 4 to 8 hours

Overall: Beautiful opening, smells of a high end Cuban cigar. But IMO the drydown is a letdown to the opening. Still great, but well underdone compared too. I enjoy this fragrance but I thinks its too loud and becomes very unsafe, limiting the use. Grant it I think most would enjoy, BUT you will smell like a walking cigar. Again awesome scent but its a novelty. If it was toned down would make a great signature piece in the fall and winter.

Purchase: TRY...GOING TO BE A LOVE HATE

601red
601red

I smoke cigars.
There is no such thing as Cuban vs. Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan, etc...tobacco varies from region, year, fermentation style, and age, etc...

The tobacco note smells like well seasoned humidor, plus original Angel, of course, but deeper.

Nothing negative about this product.
For me, this is not attention-getter...I'm not looking for approval, but a scent that says, "I like it, if you don't like it, go F**k yourself.."

A very personal, "it's all about me" kinda scent.

I like it so much that I'm hoping that it doesn't get too popular.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: *

I should have known better.

After trying the repulsively sweet A*Men, I decided to see if one of the flankers might work better. My hope was that I could capture the "kaiju" sillage and longevity of the original but in a smell that was less nauseating. No such luck.

I hate to be disrespectful in my reviews, but the entire A*Men line strikes me as nothing more than a gimmicky marketing ploy. Thierry Mugler has amped up the projection and longevity on these juices to radioactive levels. The scents themselves are redolent of maple syrup, cigarettes, and cough medicine. Is this really what anyone wants to smell like?

There is no subtlety or sophistication in Pure Havane or its elder sibling A*Men. It is an in-your-face gourmand scent perfectly suited for narcissists or those suffering from mild Asperger's syndrome.

NB: If you are looking for a tasteful, strong, authentically masculine tobacco fragrance, try Havana by Aramis. It is far superior to this witch's brew.

hansito

OK, I got my bottle today and I tried on my left hand Pure Havane and on my right hand Animale Animale and let me tell you this: If anybody says it to my face that they are alike, I would slap him/her until he/she past out and PLEASE FRAGRANTICA, remove, REMOVE the absurd comparison between this heavenly fragrance and Animale Animale, no offense but AA smells like masculine BRUT after shave with syrup on it while Pure Havane is a chocolate/vanilla/cherry/honey delightful aroma that last forever, I just took a shower (5 hours after I sprayed Pure Havane on my hand) and I still can smell it. Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler and Dior Homme Intense MY FAVORITES.

Mr. Mugler, you are a genius!

P.S: The drydown is the best part, as every frag.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Very nice opening, mediocre drydown. Has probably the worst sillage and longevity of any A*Men flanker. This doesn't smell like cigars or tobacco too much, but if you like hookah, this is definitely deserving of a try. Smells uncannily like a fruity shisha tobacco.

Hamppon
Hamppon

A must-have!!

Lance
Lance

Yum! Every piece of this collection is to die for.

hansito

I just bought this one for about $70.00 at fragrancenet.com shipping included 3.4 OZ and I got Animale Animale before because I read that many people would say is very similar, in my personal opinion AA is very synthetic. However, the drydown it's quite interesting. I can't wait to get Pure Havane. I love A-men (always in my collection since 2000, I had B-men which i wouldnt get it again, too strong, spicy and NOT sweet enough for me) I am a sweet frags lover.

I will update this comment later on after I get Pure Havane.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

Absolutely fantastic fragrance
There is a reason why mugler grew into well established drag house as well (besides its clothing)
Pure havane is unique n reminds me many niche perfumes that sells at twice its price
Blind buy after reviews but totally worth it
Between malt n this, i would choose both as they have their own uniqueness
Very fantastic sweet drag
But got after tire some efforts due this being limited edition

pjd1234
pjd1234

Ahhhhh finally I got my hands on pure havane I've been dying to test this fully. At first spray I smell sweetness a fruity vibe then it settles down the tobacco is indeed noticeable with the honey and vanilla maybe a hint of patchouli hard to detect I don't see the cocoa I was looking for it but can't really find it as it drys down I will not go note by note the dry down smells like a sweet French vanilla kind of a drink it is sweet the over all scent from top to buttom is totally unique and very much wonderful that is my opinion. I made a mistake on my review with pure malt about similarities I think only the first initial spray then they differ throughout both are superb fragrances by the way. Longevity is about 10 hrs on me and projects moderately but it can be a monster in projection if you overspray 4 sprays is enough for me on this one. What do I imagine when I spray this it reminds me of the old wild west were a cowboy goes into a bar were everybody is smoking pipes and the cowboy orders some whiskey that sort of a vibe or a mafia in the 1900s suit and tie smoking his cigar gambling on those private illegal gambling halls you know something dangerous. Anybody can wear this In my opinion there is no age imit with this scent TRULY ONE OF THE MASTERPIECE of the fragrance world and for me does deserve the hype.
Longevity 10 hrs on average ill give it a 9/10
Sillage moderate projection overspray to get more 8/10
Uniqueness 10/10 totally unique one of its kind in the mainstream releases
Overall smell 10/10 love it from top to buttom
Price vs quality 10/10 totally money's worth don't be fooled though don't spend more than a 100 bucks on these like those stupid ebayers selling it for a high price buy it at mugler Site for 89usd free shipping.
Versatility an overall all year round scent IMHO.

UPDATE EVERYBODYS DEBATING WHICH ONE IS BETTER PURE MALT OR HAVANNE FOR ME BOTH ARE EQUAL AND CAN STAND ON ITS OWN BOTH ARE UNIQUE AND WORTH ONE OF EACH BOTTLE

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

One of my favorites by Mugler. Has a little of the A*Men DNA, but is totally different at the same time. Honey, tobacco, and wood is what I get. It smells a little of Carmex Chapstick when you first spray it, but it does down to this clean and amazing honey tobacco! 9/10!

EDIT:
Adding something else. When I sprayed it last night, I dunno what it mixed with on my skin, but it smelled sweet like Cherry Vanilla Ice cream! :D it was amazing!

hedward
hedward

Pure Havane = the smell of a wooden rollercoaster with honey and tobacco poured all over it as the sun is basking in the clear blue sky. Yeah.

Very dry but dense. Absolutely pleasing and very friendly.

At first I get this is weird gummybear/cherry vibe but it dies very quickly to an almost dusty tobacco, woody scent. It is warm and smell almost summery. Not summery as in it should be used during summer but more like "memories of a warm summer" to ease our depression during that damned wintertime.

Even though this isn't as mature as I thought it would be but it's not overly sweet nor teeny either. Yes the honey is very evident but it's not cloying: more like honey mixed with milk/cream. Also I can smell the caramel-y chocolate patchouli duetto singing in the backround too: obviously because this is an A*Men flanker but this is definitely all about the dusty tobacco and the dry woods. The A*Men is there in the backround just to make sure it's little brother Pure Havane keeps it cool, unique and follows the family rules.

Decent sillage and longevity. I would say PH is like the good child of the A*Men family.. it is very versatile and can be used everywhere almost anytime of the year. Some say Pure Havane is smoky because of the tobacco but it is definitely NOT smoky... Yes very dry, desert, dusty, arid you name it but not smokey!!

Pure Havane = work, school, daytime
Pure Malt = nighttime, clubbing, date
Taste of Fragrance = also daytime, but ToF is _VERY_ foody so not for school or work because everyone's always hungry there
A*Men = for those days when your slogan is "I don't care... about other people"

Smell 10/10 x 2
Longevity / Potency 9/10
Versatility 8/10
Complexity 8/10
x2

Overall score 90/100

Nicolas V

I'm just not feeling this one, which comes as a big let down as I've loved everything in the A*Men series. First off, it does not smell like tobacco at all, let alone a Havana cigar. The opening is promising--a familiar TM start, but there's really no development and it just stays sweet. Overly sweet with just about nothing else, like someone wearing an amped up drydown of A*Men and someone else smoking a sweet and mild about five doors away.

Kalash503
Kalash503

Blind buy but very satisfied. Smells better than I imagined! the only problem I have with it is its subtlety. It smells so great that I find myself spraying it on my neck every few hours throughout the day. Think of this as spicebomb diluted with vanilla mocha, all rolled together in a tobacco leaf.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

MEUCCI DISSE TUDO !!! NÃO TENHO PURE HAVANNE,APERNAS AMOSTRAS E TESTEI ANIMALE ANIMALE...20 MINUTOS INICIAIS ANIMALE ANIMALE LEMBRA PURE HAVANNE,DEPOIS SE TORNA UMA PORCARIA...PURE HAVANNE É EXTRAORDINÁRIO TABACO DOCE .

evolutionx11
evolutionx11

I recently decided to start getting into collecting colognes again so I consider myself a novice. Its been a joy learning about the industry and the science. I've always enjoyed cologne, but now in my thirties I am looking to grow a nice collection and get serious about it. Right away I picked up on Thierry Mugler and his uniqueness drew my attention. Also being a fan of patchouli his scent line intrigued me. I reviewed his A*Men and found it to be outstanding!!! Naturally I then figured I would try some of the flankers. Havane, Pure Malt & Pure Leather. This Havane is the first one I've tested. IMO this cologne is outstanding and I love it just as much as A*Men. I can't say I like one better then the other as although the scents are similar/interchangeable they are so different. Havane is smoother, almost richer due to the honey vanilla notes. The patchouli is dimmed down but still noticeable in a good way. The initial top notes lack the tar but rather have a slight sweet cherry note. The honey vanilla mid dry down is smooth and fantastic. The strong projection on my skin is down to within a couple feet after about 4-6 hours compared to 8-12 with the original A*Men. However more initial sprays can add a hour or so. Now, one amazing thing I noticed with Havane is the beautiful powdery note I get after 8 hours when I sniff my skin directly, IT IS HEAVENLY!!!!! Since I bought it a couple days ago I find myself spraying it constantly just to enjoy its beauty. I could care less about projecting too much because it smells amazing on my skin and it isn't as "offensive" as A*Men "could" be to some people. 10/10 in all categories.

After reading the positive reviews, I blind bought this a few days ago. You definitely notice the sweet cherry blast on the opening which on my skin fades quickly but lingers for a while. There is a subtle hint of tobacco in the background which is nice. Towards the end I get a sweet vanilla note which stays till the end. I get 7-10 hours longevity. Overall, it's a lovely fragrance.

n1Musashi
n1Musashi

This is a good one... But, for me, animale animale is way better, plus, it's cheaper!

kazewayz
kazewayz

Love at first sniff. Sweet all the way. Reminds me of like a chocolate factory. Good for winter time, reminds me of the holidays. Whisky, and chocolate smell in there. Elegant, for the more mature men. My favorite from the Thierry Mugler A men. Try it.

empowered82
empowered82

Love this stuff! I get tons of compliments when I wear it. Currently my favorite.

silentrich

Great tobacco based fragrance. Took me awhile to warm up to it, but after wearing it for awhile I really do enjoy it. Has a tobacco leaf/cherry opening with the vanilla in the background. I do get the cacao and honey, but they're more of a blending and not actual individual notes. Versatile and can be worn in the summer. 9 out of 10.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Take a journey with me if you will. To a place where the men are masculine yet refined, and the women adore the testosterone in the air.. Let's go to a place where we can let our inhibitions get away from us in a classy dignified manor.. Let me feed you bitter sweet dark chocolate pretty lady. While I smoke a vanilla laced Cuban cigar, along with a glass of scotch garnished by sweet maraschino cherries on ice.. The other women dance around me seductively admiring my aura. Can you see it?... Can you smell it?? One daring woman approaches cautiously bends down and whispers in my ear " You smell divinely edible" I playfully and mischievously respond "Bite me"... That's my interpretaion of pure Havane.. Almost poetic in its essence but Alpha Male seductive and arrogant in it's delivery.. Excellent choice for cold weather and debonair enough for festive night air..

Adrien02
Adrien02

A manly milky,tobacco-y, vanilla-caramel treat (if you're even able to wrap your mind around that),and no, I don't mean 'girly-man'. Picture, if you will, a confident male wearing a 'Breast-cancer-awareness T-shirt' running along side his wife/mother/daughter/sister etc for a fundraiser for that event, wearing this.
in support of his loved ones. He runs by you, buff as all get out, and you catch a wiff of his body scent mixed with A*Men Pure Havane.... ahh,yes, now you get it.
P.S. I don't mind saying that I have worn it myself and I am far from a man, it is a comforting and inoffensive scent. It has minimum projection and lasts about 4-5 hours (I did spray lightly, though and only on my wrists). It could last longer and project farther, depending on how heavy it is applied. I feel it is a borderline unisex, leaning more to the masculine side.
FBW

josevancouver
josevancouver

After wearing this fragrance on and off for the past month, I have to say that this may be my favourite A*Men flanker. It's less cloying (to me) than Pure Malt, and a little more versatile than A*Men. The tobacco/honey top notes with that cherry opening smell terrific and I love the cacao/vanilla mid notes. This is a great fragrance and one of my top five fragrances. I'm wearing this right now in the cool spring and Pure Havane does not feel out of place due to its lighter formulation. I love the original A*men but wear that strictly in the cool Fall/cold winter months. I've recently bought a backup bottle I love this fragrance so much!

Jose

kambelz
kambelz

One of my favorites. Not quite as good as Pure Malt, but pretty close.

The opening smells like wet cherry gummy worms. It really does, think about it while smelling it. It also has a strong sweet honey smell. The tobacco is way in the background, and it's a very green freshly picked tobacco. Not at all dried tobacco. After a while the cherry dies down and the honey stays. The honey is very strong during the mid of this fragrance. There is also a cocoa powder note in the background that is only present in the mid. That goes away along with the honey, and the dry down is pretty much pure delicious french vanilla.

It's a masterpiece. I would have never came up with it, but I'm glad someone did.

del
del

Pure Havane wowed me the first time I sampled it during its discontinued status.

The opening of honey-tobacco (leaves) is syrupy, and is very addictive. PH differs from the original A*Men in a way that it is lighter/brigther, thus, making it more wearable, and if you smell deeper, there's a slight mint accord which lingers through mid-phase, along with the subtle tobacco. The drydown is a creamy vanilla/chocolate. Pleasant and delicious.

The original is still the best, but of all the flankers that I've tried, Pure Havane is at the very top. Very good longevity and projection, and a consistent compliment-getter.

So when Thierry Mugler re-released it on their website back in early 2012, I just had to order it promptly.

Na0
Na0

Replace milk by tobbaco and cacao ?
Simple idea, but sufficient to enhance the original one ! A little more masculine, more intense, but not harsh.
Thanks to that tobbaco note that is so sweet and floral. A yummy one !

85.00 dollars 100ml/3.4oz at Thierrymugler.com

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I recently received samples of Pure Havane and Pure Malt. Pure Havane has a very distinct sweet, honeyed, spicy, and pricey cigar odor upon application. The initial application reminds me of an old man wearing old spice but this fragrance does NOT smell cheap. It reminds me of the clubman aftershave the barber splashes on my neck after a haircut. I am more confident wearing Pure Havane after it dries down because the "old spice" odor fades leaving behind a smooth blend of vanilla, honey, and tobacco. After I sprayed it on, my wife said I smelled like her father (who wears old spice)but two hours later, she said she really enjoyed it. It is hard to describe. Pure Malt reminds me of sharp whiskey, cocoa, soda, carmelized sugar, and chocolate flavored tobacco blended together and I find that I can confidently wear this without second guessing myself. I don't find much difference between the initial application and the dry down with Pure Malt. I highly recommend sampling both BUT if you insist, I would steer toward the Pure Malt as a blind buy unless, of course, you don't mind smelling like you just hopped out of the barbers chair. I will end up buying both big bottles.....I know it!!!

That was my review, not sure why it labeled me as a guest, I guess I wasn't signed in...

east17
east17

Not a fan of A*Men, but I gave PH a shot because it seemed different enough based on all these helpful reviews. I did not get the sillage that folks are reporting, but fwiw, it's a nice scent. That's really all I can say. It just didn't give me a personal "power scent" vibe and didn't leave me clamoring for my own bottle.

Speaking of bottles, I looked online quickly for supply and prices. $170+ is generally what I was seeing...which is laughable.

For those looking to score a bottle, you can buy this online, new, from a large well-known US retailer for $89...I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Tracy's...enjoy!

PS. Big ups to aucffan1 for providing the sample. Appreciate it bud.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Pure Havane is linear, the output is already the base itself, amazing.
Tobacco and honey, reconciled so accurate, and the best, as far.
Instigates the nose and who's next, is something remarkably seductive, because as these notes are intense, the other coming after, like vanilla, patchouli and cocoa appear as drops, but something subtle that makes your nose have water mouth, fantastic!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

BLEAH! It's like being trapped in a Hershey factory with a whole bunch of old guys who smoke pipes. Awful. In fact... the smell of it on me is making me queasy. I am no doubt betraying my age, here, but I cannot figure out who would want to intentionally smell like this.

When I gave my arm to my wife to sniff, she made what we call a "stink face." My baby grandson does it from time to time.

NativeBabi916Lady
NativeBabi916Lady

Was this a limited edition? Please pm me , I'd appreciate it.

silentrich

The opening is nice with the cherry accord, but after that it becomes a vanilla bomb. French vanilla to be exact. Gives it a feminine aspect and this one can easily be worn by a woman. Not my cup of tea.

Bruno2theV

Finally, I received my samples today.
Tried this one first obviously. On the first spray, there is a little of cherry as most people mentioned it. But 2 minutes after, the cherry fades and gives place to the honey and tobacco. I now remember why I loved this one so much.
Since I sprayed it, 8 hours ago, the chocolate comes into play. This is more delicious than before. This is a masterpiece, I can't really believe I miss this out :(.
Anyway, this review may come a little late but I give this one a 9/10 in my book.

gohod
gohod

تفوق تيلي موغلر على نفسه بإنشائه لهذا العطر
عطر تبغي جميل جداً بل أجده من أفضل العطور التبغية وأجملها رائحة

Bruno2theV

I am so happy. A friend of mine ordered three samples of Pure Havane and two samples of Pure Malt on ebay. Finally, i will be able to see how good Pure Malt is (I never got the chance to try it before).
In a week's time I will post my review of both these fragrances and will smell again Pure Havane :D.

leecher88

i love it and i found a very similar fragrance to PH its called Givenchy Very Irresistible !!!

Have the same cherry note

Try it

timetraveller
timetraveller

I blind bought Pure Havane a few days ago.

I own A*Men. I have used it for 10 years. I also own several vials of Pure Malt that I got recently.

Like many have said here, these three fragrances has some points in common, but each of them stands on its own and the drydown is absolutely different in each of them.

A*Men and Pure Malt has a stronger/aggressive opening than Pure Havane.

A*Men and Pure Malt's opening are very similar. After 20minutes, they start to differenciate each other a lot.

Pure Havane,however has a distinct opening, sweeter and less aggressive that the other two. This opening lasts less than the other two and after a few minutes it settles down,offering you most of the notes you can get in the dry down, but with more tobacco.

PH in more linear than the other two in its drydown. From the second hour and on you get almost the same.

In my skin, after a couple of hours,the tobacco vanishes almost completely,giving space to the vanilla,cocoa and honey. I wish that the tobacco note was stronger.

Sillage is less agressive than A*men or PM.

In my skin , PH lasts more than PM and less than A*Men

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Smells like By Kilian Back To Black with woofle dust (glitter sprinkles). Rather nice actually. Wouldn't wear it to the Reform Club for fear of causing a bit of a stir, but far too nice to wear to the local disco. That would be a definite thumbs up then.

djews
djews

With A*men, it is appalling when I first spray it but give it 2 hours and it turns into something semi pleasant but never really gets to where I want it to be, its like its always nearly there but not quite, to me it is not worth the pain at the start when it doesn't get that great anyway. Pure havane is a completely different thing altogether, first spray, heaven! 2 hours later, heaven! 6 hours later still going strong, starts fading from here but lingers on you for hours and hours. This is everything that A*men just isn't. It isn't a loud 'look at me' fragrance but still lasts for ages and projects well if that makes sense. It's sort of subtle but still stands out, people notice it but it is blended so well that it doesn't smack them in the face, instead it gives them a beautiful, warm, super pleasant smelling cloud to stand in whilst in your vicinity. It's getting hard to get a hold of now but if you have the opportunity to buy it, even if you have to pay top dollar, get it because I think any fragrance lover will not regret it whatsoever.
Just want to add that I think when wearing it you don't realise how long it lasts. I had a jumper in the lounge room with PH on it from the day before and my Mrs walked in and thought I had just sprayed it on.

mcookie2
mcookie2

Pure Awesome. Deciding between this and Pure Malt is like saying which one of your children is your favourite (apparently, I don't have kids)
Anyone who says they can't smell the cherry has a dodgy nose, or a dodgy bottle! The cherry is one of the best smells I've ever smelt!

CRIALESV
CRIALESV

I cannot say enough how much I like this fragrance. I picked up a bottle right before Christmas time and I pick up the bottle more often than any other just to smell it. I'm stingy with it since it's a limited edition but I want to wear it more than any other fragrance. I have DHI, La Nuit, Angel, Varvatos Vintage and a bunch of other good fragrances but this one appeals to me the most. I just ordered Pure Malt, and if it's half as good as Pure Havane, I'll love it.

من 2 بطری خریدم
پیدا کردن آن غیر ممکن است..
بسیار قوی و قوی اما بسیار زیبا! تصور کنید بوی سیگار برگ گران قیمت! وانیل به نظر می رسد, بسیار شیرین. powderish بوی چوبی دودی است. بیش از 10 ساعت ماندن .

به طور کلی، این عطر و بوی کلاسیک سیگار برگ گران قیمت. توتون و تنباکو، شبیه به مالت خالص، منحصر به فرد است

8.5/10

One of the best man's fragance.

fazelisaber
fazelisaber

یه عطر گرم و شیرین با مجموعه ای از بوهایی دوست داشتنی
اولش بوی آلبالو میده و یه کمی تند هست که ممکنه بنظر شبیه بوی شربت های دارویی باشه ولی رفته رفته بوی آلبالو دلنشین تر میشه و با بوی تنباکو و عسل میکس میشه این ترکیب خیلی ماهرانه هستش و دلنشین
در نت بعدی کلا تا آخر بوی کاکائو و شکلات و عسل میده
خیلی خوشبو هست و پخش بوی خوبی داره ماندگاریش هم خیلی بالاست شیشه ش پلاستیکی هست و بنظرمن طراحی خوبی نداره شیشه خالیش هم بوی آلبالو میده

ssyed1
ssyed1

I almost went ahead and blind bought this (I own A*men and Pure Malt so I didn't think I was taking that big of a risk) but I found a small sample and ended up trying it out first...

The opening is really nice (a 9/10 in my book) and I get a syrupy sweet cherry-tobacco accord which lasts for around 2 hours on me. After that 2 hour mark, my body chemistry starts to tone down the tobacco and bring up the vanilla and honey. Ultimately, I get this vanilla powdered-milk/baby formula vibe which isn't intrinsically bad but I feel neither comfortable nor confident with it on me. The first few times this happened, I tried to convince myself I still liked the scent and that it was worth buying, but then I realized all the hype was getting to me and clouding my judgement.

I still gave it a thumbs up and I would definitely urge people to test this if they can because it could smell wonderful on them!

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

This is a great introduction to gourmandish frargances. By far the best of all the TM flankers. Rich Tobacco opening sweet honey cherry dry down.

Belgianbear

The best they did!!! I bought 4 bottles .... Chance!

Kdu
Kdu

The fragrance has a very different evolution ... after the tone with sweet cherry tobacco and enters you being with another fragrance in the body, very good recommend everyone can buy in the blind!

kambelzful
kambelzful

I love Pure Havane. Some people think it smells medicinal or like cough drops or sore throat medicine with that cherry and tobacco mixture. But trust me, I HATE the smell of Cherry Cough Drops, and most kinds of medicines, and this does not remind me of Halls Cough Drops or Medicine at all. So anyone who thinks this smells like medicine, smell medicine and Pure Havane side by side.

The opening is very unusual (like with most Thierry Mugler fragrances) and I absolutely love it. To be honest, it smells like a wet bag of cherry gummy bears. I get straight gummy bear smell for the first 10 minutes on my skin. Then, I get some honey that starts to creep in making it even more sweet. But the Tobacco Leaf and Bitter Cocoa in the background starts to balance it out, and prevent it from becoming to sickly sweet, and the aroma that you will give off when wearing it is AWESOME! The tobacco is very light and in the background. It can only really be smelled, if you smell the fragrance up close on your skin. The drydown is a little bland, but I still like it. It smells like a vanilla candle with a little bit of cocoa powder poured into it, and the gummy bear vibe in the background. This is a great casual scent, and you will get compliments all over the place. Girls at my school LOVE this stuff. People kept telling me I smelled delicious. The only problem is, if you wear this after wearing A Men or Pure Malt, it smells a little bland. Other than that, this is one of my favorite fragrances!

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is Tobacco Vanille's little cousin. It is a sweet fragrance mixed with honey, tobacco, and vanille. I don't get the cherry scent. It is a bit synthetic, but I might get a backup bottle because this is some good juice.

bcoops
bcoops

I really enjoy this, I find this is a bit more versatile than my beloved Tobacco Vanille.I can wear this more casually and its a bit more fun.That is not to say I think it smells like TV, they do share alot of notes but they are different. I'm glad i got this because now I can save TV for real special times, I am happy to have this addition to my collection. I dont find that it has the same longevity as amen or pure malt.

I own Pure Havane, Pure Malt, Animale Animale
and tried A*men Classic

I have to say A*men Classic gives me a headache and thats why i give it away

Pure Malt is fantastic, i love it !!!!

Pure Havane is a masterpiece i adore it, i love it twice more than Pure Malt !! Its incredible

Animale Animale has only a touch of Pure Havane but its not good as Pure Havane !!

I am so happy that i get the chance to swap some perfumes for Pure Havane and now i think i will treat it as a treasure !

The Opening is amazing , also the first two three hours are gourmand pure and then it settles down to a cherry smell which is also yummy yummy !!!

Guys buy it online if you see it under 100 bucks ! dont miss the chance of a astonishing scent

Staying Power: +10 hours
Projection : 2-3 hours heavy
uniqueness : 10/10
bottledesign : 5/10
overall : 10/10

kavi

After wearing pure malt for about a month, I came back to pure havane. What have I realised? I like pure malt, but I FRICKIN' LOVE pure havane!!! It was like smelling it for the first time Oh My!! Nosegasm.

This is actually one of my 3 favourite fragrances of all time, and for me, the best in the "pure" line.

My order for the TM frags: PH then the three: PM, TOF, AMen come tied together next, then PS and finally my least liked has to be pure leather (IMO an abomination of a fragrance).

kida2010
kida2010

Lovely scent if you really like tobacco, I thought I did but there's so much goin on here I feel like a smoker again. It's totally beautiful but so cloying, I get about 10 mins of cherries then non stop tobacco for hrs!
Side by side to pure malt there really not that similar I don't get the relation, yes they're both sweet but pure malt is all about berries and caramel.

It's not fleeting and the fragrance as a whole is very strong it's worth every penny, just not quite for me.
For people who have no idea what it smells like I wouldn't say it's like a green fresh tangy tobacco but a sweet dried pipe tobacco with a touch of honey florals. And that really is about 95% of the fragrance it's not shared with much else.

Bruno2theV

I feel like the most stupid person in the world. When this first came out, I tried it and loved it. For the first time, I smelled a perfume that was my soul scent, but I never bought it. I thought I would get the chance sometime later but I never found it after. Now I wished I found it online but the prices are complete bullshit. I wished TM for just a limited time would release every flanker just for christmas. Please Mr Mugler!

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

I have had this fragrance for approximately 7 months now, and I loved it from the begginning. It's very strong, like, VERY strong. And I would say it CAN be overpowering, however, 3 sprays at the maximum will ensure it does not overpower. The longevity is amazing and 70%-90% of people like the scent when it is worn. For a men's fragrance, it is surprisingly sweet but it is accompanied by spicy notes such as tobacco and coffee. It is extremely unique unlike most other men's fragrances. Bare in mind, It isn't at all a seductive or sexy scent. The bottle is fun to play with and spray, and the box is very classy. Give it a shot!

Plucus21
Plucus21

THIS IS A BEAST! This last for 14-20 hours on skin. I sprayed this on a sweater once and the smell was still there 5 days later. No joking.

9.5 out of 10. At the top you get a wonderful honeyed tobacco. This is supported by the cacao, patchouli, and vanilla underneath. This is a stunning scent that is great for fall but wearable in every situation except the hottest of days. My favorite out of the TM line.

Amadeus_k

it's a high end long lasting scent with a great smell..wonderful.Excellent.

Plantus
Plantus

This must be more that a limited edition!

I understand the clever marketing behind the release of this flanker and I enjoy that I don't smell this scent on other people but I'm sure that when I will finish the bottle I will not be able to find another one. And that it's a shame.

I really enjoy wear Pure Havane in the fall. I receive nothing that great compliments wearing this fragrance.

The original A*Men can't replace Pure Havane for me.

hundci
hundci

That cherry note and the honey just gives it a medicinal vibe which I dont really like.I think they could have found a much better balance between tabacco and honey. Too much honey,not enough tabacco, after all cuba is known for its tabacco not honey :) good fragrance but overrated

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

Masterpiece

Muglerman
Muglerman

PH is one of my all time favorite fragrances. The best out of the "pure" line Imo. I get this smooth creamy root beer vibe....anyone else?

an.jorePipip

@Plantus, it is not about agree or disagree, since perfume is quite a personal taste and everyone has various opinion for the very same perfume. As I written in my previous opinion, it was based on my personal experience when this fragrance blends with my body odor. But still, I thank you for your response :)

twlahue

I find the projection to be mild as well. I dont think that this is a projection beast. very moderate.

an.jorePipip

Compare to the original A*Men, this Pure Havane has much more vanilla note, since the opening. On me, this fragrance is rather soft (again, compare to A*Men) but lingering for a while. Not really long lasting and close to the skin...so I stick to original A*Men :)

Zephyro
Zephyro

I love this scent, the combination between tobacco, honey and vanille is magnificent.
For me this fragrance is somewhat different from the Original, much smoother, wich makes it more versatile, it can be worn year-round.
A*Men PH has good projection and excellent longevity, and when it gets close to the skin, it's deliciously yummy.
The only bad thing about this frangrance is that it's a limited edition.

(The original A*Men is still my favorite, though).

kavi

Ok, adding to my earlier review, I've had a massive revelation, I knew this smelled similar to some tobacco I came across in my life, and now I know what it was...

This is reminiscent of the tobacco in Sheesha (Hookah). In particular, Original Al Fakher Double Apple, minus majority of it's moisture. If you smoke sheesha and have this flavour, see what I mean, that is the tobacco note that some are finding hard to spot.

Either way, DANG! Smells so damn good! Oh and also, I do have to report that I got beastly longevity and projection. I had this on 8 in the morning and even next day at 8 in the morning, my friends were able to tell I was nearby or was in the next room, just by the smell. I had only spraying it 3 times!!! That's INSANE!

Nicely
Nicely

Sex,Sexy,Sex,Sexy,Sex.......

This is good stuff with his smooth tabacco, and his sweety super sexy honey, great longevity, great projection...Girls lick this stuff like ice cream :D.

Longevity:7.5.
Projection:8.
Smell:8.

But, never and never say to me this better than the original a'men, to me a'men beats this out without his hands and body, A'MEN ORIGINAL IS SEX IN THE BOTTLE!!!

sempersurfer
sempersurfer

I know I'm going to make some enemies with this statement, but i found this frag to be "good but no Pure Malt."

Let me start off by saying this is a good scent, and if you have the extra cash buy it!! but if you have a choice, go with the Pure Malt. PH, i found to be to synthetic and although the cherry note was nice for a minute, it does stay around a little too long for my liking, and i would have to agree with other reviewers that it does resemble a throat lozenger.The synthetic note, i found did not do this scent justice, although the dry down was beautiful!! I just felt that personally PM is a much better blended scent, without the synthetic note.

Buy or Not?? : Buy if you have the cash, or if you loved pure malt and want another Gourmand scent that is well crafted. Personally I would go with the PM, although i would rate PH significantly higher then the original A*MEN.

kavi

Now THIS is a fragrance! Its everything I need from a fragrance, this is now my signature scent, and I have had to put my nose on many, MANY fragrances to find this jewel!

Goes without saying that this, Taste of Fragrance and to some extent Pure Malt are some of the finest fragrances I have put my nose on. VERY much my cup of tea and to me, worth every penny I can throw at it.

If you have the chance to sample this or any of the pure line (except pure shot), do it! If you like AMen, Try This! If you Hate AMen, TRY THIS DEFINITELY!!!

Longevity and projection are pretty much spot on for my requirements from this. I've found my precious one, hope you can find yours soon too.

dani_i89

This is something really special, just love it. This is how a tabbacco/vanilla fragrance should be done, unlike that mess creation that was released by Tom Ford

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

OVERRATED! try before you buy ..this smells just like Vicks vapor rub or some kind of cherry cough drop ...I can imagine this on a older gentleman ..but for me? its a definite PASSS!!!!!!

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

nice perfume but i did not find it so high quality as i had read about it. the staying power and sillage are just moderate and the fragrance is very good but not some exceptional.
after some days of use: i am going to get addicted to this perfume. it is soooooo good. i get only annoyed when people demand 200euros for 100ml bottle of this edt. i bought it for 52 euros, and in this price it is better than ANY perfume.....

dani_i89

Really nice, love this one. The light tobacco note really brings the sweetness down to earth. Not to be compared with tobacco vanille. That one only projects rotten sour cherries

Garyjames
Garyjames

I've always thought Mugler perfume bottles looked like they were targeted to low com denom clubbers and Ed Hardy afficianados. Plus the church's chicken star thing bugs me... Having said that, this is a very nice comfort scent that represents the listed notes perfectly. It's very upfront and accessible and nice. No drama or mystery here. Just a vapid good time.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Cherry and honey notes make this smell like a throat lozenge. Decent, but Pure Malt is far better.

stayclose
stayclose

Okay finally got this in them ail, it was a blind buy by the way. Not completely blind since I like a*men and animale animale, so I had a idea of what was getting into. Okay so te notes which stand out for me the most are the honey and tabbaco, which are the top notes. To me they smell like a swisher sweet cigars, the cherry knid. After that fades you get your a*men notes to remind you how they are related. On the dry down is where thing start getting interesting, when I smelled it it was weird. I cant describe the scent but its not your typical amber pachuli. Looked up the notes and its labdanum and styrax. Wow what a combo,this could actually be a deal breaker but the top and middle are lovely so you manage to overlook these oddities. When I wear this I feel comforted i guess its the vanila which I forgot to mention. I could even say I feel like a sugar daddy (the candy of course)

louisdav
louisdav

Earthy patchouli, dusty cocoa, talcum powder and dried tobacco leaves. Amazing.

mindshadow
mindshadow

Pure Havane in my opinion is a masterpiece - one of my favourite fragrances of all time

It starts off with the top notes of a heavy very fruity blast of sweet cherry with a subtle tobacco note in the background which keeps the sweetness from being too overpowering. As the fragrance settles down on your skin, after around 2 hours the honey note develops while the cherry seems to quiet down a little, it is still very noticeable but not as much as when first sprayed. So you definitely get a mid note interpretation of a sweet cherried tobacco encased in in a warm layer of fresh honey! The tobacco is not a smokey tobacco, but more of a sweet tobacco.

As the fragrance dries down more, you get a toned down version of the original A*Men on top of the honey and cherry tobacco, and you get alot of vanilla which is obviously the main base of this fragrance and combines elegantly with the rest of the scent. you also get a hint of chocolate in there aswell. I do not get anything else like other people have mentioned some caramel and coffee- i do not get these but the fragrance as it stands is already on another level at this point and doesn't need them other notes.

The tobacco is there throughout the life of Pure Havane. Alot of people do not notice it at all or say it's very faint but you can smell it there - it is definitely ever present but the sweet tobacco combination perhaps masks the raw "tobacco" note many people was expecting. In my opinion a more smokey tobacco would have ruined this fragrance and i am glad they didn't go down that route. As a result, this will not be a tobacco bomb and if you are hoping for such, you may be slightly dissapointed Could Pure Havane be a unisex fragrance? possibly, I have even heard comparisons between this and Angel for women but as i have not smelled the former, i cannot comment

Pure Havane destroys the original A*Men. That fragrance is a flawed piece of genius and Pure Havane takes the best parts of the original while removing the negatives , tones it down and adds its own twist on top resulting in this. Pure Malt shares alot of similarities to this particularly in the dry down but i do think they are unique enough to be completely seperate fragrances(Pure Malt is another masterful creation) Pure Havane is probably the weakest of the Angel Men set but definitely the most wearable. It's projection is also perhaps the weakest aswell compared to the very high longevity we are used to from Thierry Mugler (still beating most other fragrances in both categories though getting you a good 8-10 hours still)

Pure Havane is a must have for any collection. It;s versatile enough to be worn in the day, at night, to work, casually, or in a formal setting, it's not strong or offensive at all and can be worn as a signature scent and in my opinion, as long as it is not too hot, anytime of the year. 2 sprays on the neck and 2 on each arm is good enough to get you through 10 hours

This fragrance is a masterpiece and will always have a place at the top of my collection - 10/10

OZ
OZ

Don't know why some people think this is similar to CK shock for men, it is not. It does remind me of Pure Malt, excepts that it's more wearable and unisex. Projection is great, anyone could pull this off. This is a any weather scent, although go easy on the trigger if its hot. If I must describe it: Tobacco, honey and cherry heaven.

PS: If you don't like sweet scent, this is definitely not for you. Move on

darrell743
darrell743

Like walking in the little tobacco shop I used to visit in Smyrna and lifting the lids on the containers of Turkish, Latakia, and Honey Flake Cavendish pipe tobaccos; or walking into a humidor full of fine cigars.
I find it to be a warm and very masculine scent that women seem to enjoy on their men as well.

BIG
BIG

I tested Pure Havane @ the Hamburg airport. The first notes remind me of Burberry London, but that's where the similarity stops. The scent cools down and brings out a dusty cocoa accord mixed with a dried unsweetened tobacco leaf and some hints of styrax. I wasn't tempted to purchase it; it felt as if it was deja vu for me.

keffy
keffy

I have this fragrance, and the tobacco and honey is really good, if you are a smoker, like Tobacco Vanille, this one will boost your aroma, its not as intense like its older brother Angel A-men but you will definitely get noticed and you'll get a lot of compliments as well, you need to get this before it gets discontinued like the Pure Malt and Pure Coffee even though Pure Malt seems to be back on the market for a while.

natrance
natrance

I have Pure Malt, had A*men, and Pure Havane is by far the best IMO!! Pure Malt seems too cloying for my taste as does A*men, although for some reason I feel like all of my TM cologne goes bad?! Is this normal? Pure Havane seems to be the equivalent to Angel for Women. I pick up alot of the same notes throughout, including drydown...VERY SEXY!!!

murysusanto

Prestigious sweet gourmand, this is an absolute breakout of mugler. I didn't get a chance to own pure malt but I've tested pure coffee and still loving the A men. Despite some people might not all like Mugler's cologne but it's made for real class societies. Well I think I'll get another bottle of the coffee or malt, although it's probably a few hundred bucks now.

Amazing scent, nothing like it...two thumbs up with 10/10 rate

Stoycho
Stoycho

This is absolutely in love scent.
I love Mugler, but this one is GREAT!!!

maqamess
maqamess

my signature perfume, the best perfume ever, i got very nice compliments between my family and friends. everyone ask about it. give it 9.5/10

Perf
Perf

I absolutely love PH. Fresh tabacco, chocolate followed by vanilla woods. I don't get cherry at all.

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

I really enjoyed this, has everything to become one of the tops here. It is a fresh and different, seemed less potent than A * Men trandicional projection and longevity. Opening with a lot of tabacco, honey, and vanilla, reference something that really reminded me of a cherry. Since cocoa is good background. Over a few hours feel that the DNA Men A * due to the traditional patchouli and amber. I really liked, but did not know if it will surpass the original A * Men, I think the competition will be fierce here.

I used 5 sprays:

Projection: about 4 hours (Note 9) A * Men more traditional designs still here, why not win 10.
Longevity: 12 hours (note 9) A * Men more traditional fixed still here, why not win 10.
Versatility: note 8 (More versatile than the traditional A * Men, but still think is the most appropriate use in milder weather, autumn, winter, cold nights in ballads).
Fragrance: note 9

dmoman

I finally got this one...got it from the muglerstoreusa.com site. I've heard that this frag had only a little of tobacco with honey, cherry vanilla scent then has the waterdown drydown of A*men. Perhaps they reformulated this on but I'm getting a sweet vanilla cigar or a black n mild smell big time with this one from top to middle...no cherry. However on my skin its that a*men drydown with still a little bit of tobacco but more toned down. All and all..if you wished a*men did away with the burnt tar note and tone the drydown down a little with a better overall scent this has to be the one to try out.

gregmech26
gregmech26

My first impression of Pure Havane is a very dense and moist, sickly-sweet pipe tobacco. It quickly morphs into a cloying, synthetic, artifical mess of honeyed-tobacco. This doesn't smell natural at all. I do not smell any cherry or vanilla. It is heavy and dark. This scent is made for teenagers and college club kids. Pure Havane is blunt, bland, and linear. I never enjoyed the original AMEN; however, I do find Pure Malt to be somewhat pleasant. Pure Havane, on the other hand, smells like dirty-syrupy tobacco. It doesn't smell clean or transparent. Overrated in my opinion. It smells cheap and gimmicky.

Adriana Candiotto
Adriana Candiotto

Comfort velvety honey, dried cherry and sweet tobacco and vanilla notes these involve us as a nostalgic embrace, much less hot and less patchouli and bitter coffee than its predecessor which would also love although its use is more restricted at any given moment cherry was evident although not listed in the notes, but it merges with the cocoa, but this is a masterpiece creamier all Pure. In the case of Malt already find it as interesting as liqueur but, difficult to choose.

Dougczar
Dougczar

Very nice. If you really dont like A*Men, you won't like this much, but if you like A*Men, you will probably like this - especially if you like Tobacco. I really like this stuff, but like TF Tobacco Vanille, I wish the vanilla were just a little less pronounced, as I think vanilla has a tendency to get cloying sometimes. I haven't gotten sick of TV, nor have I gotten sick of this stuff, but you need to be a little careful when you wear it, and not to go nuts when you do -- and all will be wonderful in the world.
This is a nice (subtle) improvement over the original, which was pretty darn good to begin with! The only drawback is it doesn't seem to project quite as well as the original (ok with me - I don't like to "announce" myself anyway), and the longevity isn't quite what the original is either (but still better than most other stuff on the market, so hardly a knock on it).

dmoman

@ marycon...well that is a perfect answer why they only make them limited edition. They not wasting any money at all by not having them expire on the shelves. However can they be selling old juice?

mcswirlz

So any ideas on when they are re releasing it? O an also think they will jack the price up?

marycon
marycon

Thierry Mugler's marketing team is genius. Release limited edition fragrances for people to run out and buy them as guick as possible, and money floooooooows in the company. Dirty trick but it seems to work.......everytime. And every know and then they throw in the market a few hundred bottles more for the game to restart. Shamefull.

fragrancereviews2
fragrancereviews2

Forgot to mention.....Check out Animale Animale by Animale (look at similar fragrances up top). That one smells like all the Amen flankers, including Amen, put into one. It is unbelievably cheap. A safe blind buy if you like Thierry Mugler fragrances for men.

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

I live in London and could not find Pure Havane anywhere! I had resigned myself to never being able to own this beauty (it being a limited edition and all). Just last week as I was "in transit" at Dubai International Airport...I saw this at the duty free store. Within 5 seconds of spraying the tester on my wrist, I was at the till swiping my credit card, even though I'd promised my wife that I'd not be buying anymore frags for a while (100ml cost was £39 and some)! Thank God I was travelling alone!
What a MASTERPIECE!! Pure Havane has instantly gone onto one of my "all time favorites" list. My 1st thought was why the frick is this a limited edition??!! Whats the TM marketing team thinking!?
Here we go...The 1st hour:very sweet candied cherries, lots of honey and a distinct Arab perfumery note. There isn't much tobacco at the start. Not the pipe tobacco note at least(compared to say Demeter's Pipe Tobacco). There are definite similarities with CK One Shock for Him and Bogart Pour Homme (by Jacques Bogart). Please do use them as references. I am repeatedly sniffing my wrists! But I do hate the spritzer....bit of trickle down the nozzle! Mid and base notes to follow.
The 2nd act is almost completely dominated by vanilla. The final third is more vanilla with a distinct "drinking chocolate" powder note (think the original Nesquik cocoa powder). I get a thread of candied cherries throughout the whole fragrance.
I'm getting between 8-10 hours on my skin. I also am getting streaks of another two reference frags- JPG's Le Male and Joop Homme. Hope these examples give you all a good idea about what category Pure Havane falls under.
My main gripe is the whole Cuban Havana cigar label. I do not get any cigar like aroma with Pure Havane. For me the reference standard for tobacco is still Demeter's Pipe Tobacco (but that is linear throughout).
I still LOVE Pure Havane. My wife liked the smell, referring to it as "different" and I think that is vital in the current market of citrus dominated mediocrity!
I still maintain that Pure Havane is rock solid on my list of all time favorites and I shall be buying another bottle in the future. The name is a bit misleading though....not a deal breaker in my book!

raihanasalways
raihanasalways

this is my most fav TM perfume. much better then A Man. this stays in my skin for almost 24 hrs. wonderful projection. im really happy to have one of this amazing perfume..
Gud work mugler.

Kain
Kain

Another great flanker for the original A'Men.
This fragrance start warm and sweet with tobacco note, sweet vanilla with honey vibe, cherry note and the original A'Men vibe.
The tobacco note here isn't dark like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for example. it's more like green and fresh tobacco.
I don't know why the friuty note isn't in the note beark down but definitely it's there.
Smell of a cherry candy!
In the drydown the smell doesn't change too much except the patchuli note try to kick in but because of the strong sweet and fruity notes, it's in the background.
Vanilla and cherry notes to the patchuli:
"Shut the f*** up and sit tight in the basement! you are our slave you idiot!" :))
Great projection and longevity but it's a little weaker than the original.
I think it's different enough from the original to spend money on it.
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو و عالي ديگه از خانواده اي من
رايحه ابتدايي اين عطر گرم و شيرين، تركيبي از بوي تنباكو، وانيل كه بويي شيرين شبيه به عسل داره و آلبالو هست با يه ته بويي از نسخه اصلي. البته كمي به تسخه اصلي شبيهه و بوش خيلي فرق داره
رايحه تنباكو بيشتر شبيه تنباكوي تازه و سبز هست تا تنباكوي سياه و خشك
رايحه آلبالو تو ليست رايحه هاي اين عطر نيست اما بوش كاملا مشخصه
اگه آبنبات با طعم آلبالو يا اين شربت آلبالو ها كه مامان بزرگا تو تابستون ميدن ميخوريمو نوش جان كرده باشين ميدونين چي ميگم
در ادامه بوش تغيير زيادي نميكنه. فقط كمي ضعيفتر ميشه و خيلي كم رايحه نعناي هندي بهش اضافه ميشه كه البته بدليل رايحه هاي شيرين و تنباكو اون عقب عقب ها واسه خودش جفتك ميندازه و راه بهش نميدن بياد جلو ملو ها
پخش بو و ماندگاري بسيار خوبي داره. تقريبا در حد و اندازه نسخه اصلي

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Top notes open with fresh tobacco leaves and it’s pretty darn close to fresh tobacco leaves if you ask me. Fresh tobacco leaves don’t smell great if it’s the first time you smell them, IMO. It’s like an ‘acquired’ smell, I think. Anyway, it’s pretty good opening with that slight unnerving freshness of tobacco leaves.

The Middle Notes take over and are also quite nice – a honey and vanilla mixture. Nothing fancy, but it smells good.

In the base notes, I can smell a faint bitter cacao, but can’t notice much more.

Pure Havane is another fine scent in the A*Men line. It’s probably my least favorite of this particular series, but that’s not to say that it’s bad. I like it – I just happen to like Pure Malt and Pure Coffee better. Pure Havane doesn’t have quite the ‘kick’ that I like to get from the A*Men line. But it's still a great scent.

benjililin
benjililin

Agree with lucky boy down below!
Love this frag, my fav out of the TM flankers. Pure malt is massively overrated, this beats the crap out of it!
Simply amazing smell, so soothing!

lucky-boy

Well, finally I bought this masterpiece!
In three words, it is: NICE, TOBACCO, PROJECTOR!
I can't smell this in first 10 minutes, cause it's so so so strong.
But after that, wow! I can detect a little patchouli, a lot of tobacco and of course honey and vanilla. A really warm scent which calms me and everyone near me...
And I saw that everybody wanted to be by my side! It's the scent that I was searching for 2 years! Now that's aromatherapy!!! It's the real effect of a real perfume.
When the time goes, it's more tobacco and less sweet. and after that, just a really beautiful vanilla.
Wear this with a formal suit in a formal ceremony, and you will be a real gentleman!
What a scent!
I want to eat my neck, shirt and wrist!!!
Simply beautiful...
Projection: 10/10. No questions, it's TM!
Sillage: 8/10
Longevity: About 10-12 hours on my skin, and a lifetime on clothes!
Thumbs up Thierry Mugler for the perfume, but thumbs down for decide of limited edition.

kajaaniella
kajaaniella

Not too crazy about it. I loved Pure Shot, so not liking Pure Havane came as a surprise - especially it being such an original and brilliant combination of scents I normally go for. But no - it feels too sweet, too musky, and too head-in-a-bucket-of-caramel-y. My bff loves this scent and says there is something extremely sexy, provocative and seductive about the way vanilla and tobacco blend and intertwine. I on the other hand can't seem to make myself like it as much as I instantly warmed up to Pure Shot. I do agree it's a total innovation when it comes to sweet fragrances for men, though, and I can easily see it becoming someone's favorite version of A*Men. It's just not MY favorite.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

My second favorite fragrance from the mugler house. Two best are Malt and Havane. Lucked out and found 2 bottles at a macys about 2 months after this was discontinued and it was selling on ebay for $130. This is what i imagined tobacco vanille would smell like minus that sweet berry note on the top and a little darker. This is just the smoothest honey, vanilla, tobacco, light berry type scent. Very very nice.

lucky-boy

I tested this again. 2 sprays on my wrist.
I just loved this stuff! My shirt moved and a little of the perfume went on it.
I could smell tobacco 24 hours later on my shirt, and after 48 hours it was just a beautiful and warm vanilla that everyone loves.
For the first 1-2 hours it's a lovely tobacco and a little honey + bitter chocolate + vanilla. But when the time goes, the tobacco scent will become more powerful and the sweetness will decrease.
I will buy it when I find this lovely perfume.
Projection : well, it's a TM A*MEN, absolutely perfect!
Longevity: 8-10 hours on my skin, and a lifetime on clothes.
Sillage: 8/10

PANAMERA
PANAMERA

This is just one great smell you can't live without,,,,absolutely marvelous ...

aaronr0ndale
aaronr0ndale

never smelled anything like it. so good! i kick myself for not getting 2 bottles when i had the chance. my wife loves this on me. waiting on my dior homme intense now! hope its good!

Dr_Spazmo

Whoever said this smells like animale animale and Ck Shock are TOTALLY wrong! Just because they have similar notes doesn't mean they have to smell the same. I even think angel men doesn't smell like animale animale. They're two different fragrances. This is a cherry honey opening and dries to sweet tobacco and vanilla. Animale Animale is linear and just smells like hardcore tobacco and chocolate. Ck Shock related to this is ridiculous LOL

Dad jax
Dad jax

Just recieved and I am still trying to figure out why i ordered this , i guess Because of other hits like A men and Pure Malt, i thought it is the same but it smells cheap or one can say very cheap with poor projection but it doesn't matter if it projects or not because it smells so cheap that if i wore it and it projects loud people might gonna think am wearing some very cheap stuff!

yilmazg
yilmazg

I am lost for words for this cologne. But I will try my best to explain :)
It is without doubt one of the best colognes I have ever smelled and without doubt it is the best gourmand out there. Sweet tobacco and cherries on a woody base. Yes I get cherries in it. Sour cherries.

Despite being gourmandish it is not unisex at all. Manly but not in a strong way. In a tender and charming way. Not sickeningly sweet and no synthetic feel.
This smell does not make me think me think of a young, playful seducer. It makes me think of a confident, young boss who knows his job perfect and inspires confidence in his employees. Sillage is very good. Longevity is amazing. Really it cannot get better than Pure Havane. Magical stuff.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Every thing I love is present in this fragrance Honey,Vanila,Tobacco & even Cacao.Im enjoying this scent sooo much , this is a wounderful piece of art from Mugler .I LOVE MUGLER.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Animale Animale with more tobacco and honey!

spiderman999
spiderman999

An other masterpiece.I have two bottles this one.:)
Scent :10/10
Longevity :8,5/10
Projection:8,5/10

partha
partha

I find it very close to BK, sweet vanilla, honey smell...sillage is awesome and longevity great too..just a few days back have tasted it..and loved the way it smelled..am a big fan of BK and may be that's the reason of finding it real great stuff.

lucky-boy

I have tested this yesterday and just LOVED it! It's a little sweet but a classy tobacco with good sillage and projection and absolutely good longevity.
I want this. Give it to me TM!!

Shavit86
Shavit86

One word can describe this - Masterpiece.

crimubiru
crimubiru

with the right weather, this is a masterpiece for them sweet creamy, dark scents lovers. the feedback from those delighted to come across my region is awesome.
thanks thierry!!!!!
must add, sillage and longevity are great too, but only in the cooler regions of the weather thermometer

ily_sb
ily_sb

great fragrance - great smell, sillage and longevity ... not to mention the great feedback I got :)

behzad1280
behzad1280

If you like the scent of high class tobacco mixed with vanilla, so this is brilliant tobacco cologne. Very warm and sweet and mannish. I said “Mannish” and I mean man as an old gentleman with grey hair and mustache and still strong and wise!
Longevity and projection are high and nice.

اگه به بوی توتون و سیگارهای برگ مرغوب علاقه دارید، این عطر یک گزینه معرکه است. بسیار گرم و تا حدی شیرین همراه با رایحه وانیل. مردونه و دلچسب
دوام و پخش بو در حد خوب و قابل قبول

vdxl
vdxl

A nice flanker that has the mixed DNA of Back to Black Aphrodisiac, Fumerie Turque, Midnight in Paris and Chergui. A very balanced cherry-vanilla-tobacco-leather smell. Definitely unisex. But, thumbs up for a flanker of extremely high quality.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Another signature from TM Pure series. The first tobacco scent really slap you straight to your face! It is very strong and potent but very nice! Imagine an expensive cigar smell! minutes later, a smoldering coco and vanilla scent appear and very similar to the A*Men, minus the sweetness. Last notes is mild powderish smoky woody scent. It last more than 10 hours on me and still survive after my bath! It last forever! Use it with care, be warned.

Overall, this is a classic expensive cigar-tobacco scent, similar to Pure Malt, unique and only TM can do it! 8.5/10 from me! Buy it before it gone as it is limited edition.

marcello19
marcello19

Tested it today, at first it was really similar to the original A*Men, but after a few minutes it settled down into a creamy honey-vanille kind of scent. I think it is for those, who find the original a bit heavy and cloying. I have to retest it on my skin but that's for sure, it is a winter fragrance.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

So after a year or so plus of not buying this I finally shelled out retail for it, finding it at a Macy's near my job. Because I had Pure Malt I didn't think I needed this one at all. Boy was I wrong.

This is possibly my favorite flanker. Now Malt smells better, but this one adds a layer the other two don't! Versatility. It can be worn year around. Sweet enough for the winter yet light enough for the summer, even hot summer days.

My coworker swears I smell like a sweet wine. What I get is honeyed tobacco (very light tobacc)heavy on the vanilla and honey with a fruity note of sorts (something like cherries). If you like gourmands but find them too heavy this is perfect. It is much dustier than many of the others (it isn't a creamy gourmand it is more dry)

The downfall on this one is that it is the has the weakest projection, sillage and longevity in the A*Men line (A*Men, Pure Coffe, Pure Malt, Pure Havane in that order). However, this downfall can be a plus as again it makes it much more versatile especially for sweet lovers.

My final rating is a 4 out of 5. I get about 8 hours or so but with minor sillage, it has the same A*Men base this one just is lighter. Versatiity is 5, scent is 4, longevity is 4, projection and sillage maybe 3.5 (you want a little more from a gourmand). I am going to layer this with Rochas to see what I get!

axa5780
axa5780

The initial blast is exactly like Pure Malt except 10000000000X sweeter. I would not recommend this to anyone who doesn't have taste for sweet fragrances because this can get cloying in a short matter of time.

Gixxer93
Gixxer93

When i first spray this i get an intense blast of choc, vanilla and honey then about two minuits in the tobacco kicks in wich lasts for a good 30-45 mins before it fades into the background and is very sutile. about an hour into this the vanilla comes back in force with honey behind it and chocolate in the background, i also get a slight sweet note, not positive what it is but might be cherry, when she starts to drydown the original A*Men drydown comes out with just a bit more vanilla, (which suits me fine, i've a slight vanilla fetish haha)

Now to some people the tobacco note is there troughout, and aparently very strong. My father, used to be a smoker and quit a few years ago, i came in one evening after work, having sprayed Havane about 11 hours beforehand and he actully made me leave the room as he said i smelt like cigarettes which he can nolonger stand.

Longevity : 10
Projection: 6-7
Versitility: 6 (better than A*Men, but not the best)
Overall scent: 8.5

Bram

does anyone know where the cherry vibe is coming from? and I agree with Beedo about the candy vibe, to me it reminds me of marsh-mellows.

beedo
beedo

I bought 2 bottles of it until now.
It smells heavenly .
If you dont love sweet scents then dont buy it.
It smells like honey (or caramel) mixed with tobacco and chocolate and vanilla but honey is the strongest note.
Some times it smells like cotton candy or sweets.
Overpowering in the first 15 mins then becomes close to skin.
Scent:9.5/10
projection:7.5/10
longevity:7.5/10

Bram

I bought this about a day ago and I'm still testing it out haven't used it so I put about two sprays on my wrist as part of my testing (about 1 h 30 mins later) I was just watching youtube fragrance reviews then I stepped out of the room, I just stepped back in and the air upon arrival was just filled with this, not in a cloying way at all but it was really pleasant light trail of the scent that once occupied the air, so this has quite a monster scent trail (on me at least)...and this is not the same room I sprayed it on in...

Veda_honey
Veda_honey

Oh Havane, how I wanted to love you. Like so many others you entranced me with your notes, promising all those things I love.

I held you in my hand, reverential, expecting so much and you didn't disappoint. You gave me wafts of tobacco, huge blasts of cacoa, gentle caresses of honey. But it was all lies...

In all seriousness the single, only, glaring issue with this like so many of Mugler's scents is it's just so synthetic. I just can't get past it. Such a shame. I was completly ready to get serious with you Thierry, but we're just not right for each other.

$$
$$

Smells like a honey dipped swisher sweets.

kerrso99
kerrso99

Hi, Here we go again with havana this time. basically this is the same as the other two limited editions.Horrible, to me basically their all the same with just a mcroscopic hint of what it says,ie coffee, malt.apart from havana inwhich i can smell absolutly no tobbaco., its just like the other two without that small hint. to me they smell sweet and sticky and extremelly heavy. He scored high with A for men inwich i love. but after that it was down hill.To me ltd editions are just money making marketing

JohnMc

Update from June 2011: I purchased this yesterday and have to say that the mixture of honey, vanilla and tobacco notes conjure up the intoxicating, sweet gourmand appeal of the kind of cherry-flavored hand-rolling tobacco that I love to smell when walking through my town. A slightly softer, more appealing version of A*Men in my opinion, definitely part of the same lineage, but very different to my other favorite of Mugler's - B*Men. Bravo Thierry!

Fragboy80
Fragboy80

THIS FRAGRANCE IS A*MAZING.....I LOVE THIS MORE THEN I LOVE A*MEN which i wore so much it gave me sinus headaches..LOL....this will be my signature until it runs out and I cannot get it anymore....I'm glad I got the last bottle from my local Lord & Taylor....The vanilla, the honey , the tabacco, patchouli, amber and cocoa all of my favorite notes rolled into one I love Mugler for coming up with this one...

perfume-malaysia
perfume-malaysia

well..my brains translate this smell to:
sweet chocolate tobacco..reaaaally not to my liking..
5/10..
dunhill desire red smells much much better..

Dr_Spazmo

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STUFF. A strong blast of vanilla, chocolate, honey, cherry and this very settle tobacco. I officially worn it today and it lasted me 12 HOURS! its longevity is great on me. I got compliments the first day. Man how i love this stuff off. Get it now for $100 before they stop selling it in stores and start selling it on ebay for $200+

lalelu
lalelu

To bad i can only smell cherry in the opening : -(
.. the drydown is nice though, very pure maltich !
but most people around you will only get that cherry wibe..and bevlive me .. at some point it will go on your nerves

i recommend pure malt over this one (:

Brettyboy

I gave this a pretty bad review after smelling it the first time. I think I had expectation fatigue. I also tend to have a longer lasting relationship with fragrances when my initial experiences are not overly positive. So many times i think i have fallen in love with a scent on first sniff only to get bored and sell it on eBay a month later.
After testing it over a period of time it really has grown on me. Its funny but when I read a review below comparing it to Burberry London I thought they were way off but after testing it again I realise they were totally correct. This is a lot better than London...more refined. In fact, this smells more like an old-fashioned London gentlemans club with wafts of honeyed pipe tobacco than Burberry london.
The longevity is fantastic and leaves a honey vanilla hum many hours after application.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I had to delete my original review because over the last 3-4 days this fragrance does not sit well with my chemistry. It starts to smell like Play doh on me and stinks like bitter cherries. I had to sell it and that's a first for me with TM fragrance. I'll stick with the original, Taste of Fragrance.

Sultan
Sultan

the scent is amazing! not a must have, if you have previous TM pures, but if you collect them - deffinately yes!!!

nkoolay
nkoolay

i as with my husband when he tested it & fell in love ....it's sexy i loved it so much i encouraged him to buy 3 since it's a limited edition. i love the way it smells on him it's sexy and ha a bit of tobacco in it 9 i'm not a smoker and neither is he) but there's something sexy, dark and mysterious about it i can't stop hugging him

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

I have tested it. Definitely a must have for sweet perfume smell. Got a sample of it test it side by side with pure malt. In my opinion this is better than pure malt, the smell is sweet without the tar notes at all, a bit nauseating if smell directly as it dries down, smell like tobacco envelope in vanilla.

The worst part of pure havana very difficult to find( in my place the counter only have three bottles and they cannot guarantee a new stick will arrive, sorry cannot tell where it is for fear of people buying it earlier than me), buy two/three bottles is recommended, first, the smell is divine, secondly not so expensive for its' class, thirdly it will be rare perfume like pure malt..

Belgianbear

One of the best man's fragance!
Strong and Sexy !!
Just stupid from Mugler to produce it in a "LIMITED Edition" ... I bougth 4 bottles ... SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD !

trixx
trixx

Awesome. Just bought it a couple of days ago. Very, very beautiful. My nose picks up notes of cherry, vanilla, little tobacco. I think it is the best perfume i ever had. For me is is close to Burberry's London, but way better in longevity and smell. Love it to the bone. Go out and buy it, because it is a limited edition. Longevity is good, not like AngelMen, projection is Ok.
I think it is a perfume you can use all year long, except for hot summer days. For that see Icemen.
A must have.
It is little bit expensive, but it is a TM and a limited edition.

p.bennett
p.bennett

I have been waiting to smell the new Thierry Mugler Pure Havane and was really impressed. When reading the review of others, it is very disappointing. I believe "One man's meat is another man's posion". You need to try it yourself. When spraying this fragrance you smell sweet tobacco, chocolate, cherry and vanilla. I personally love Tobacco fragrances and sometimes like to mix fragrances with almost the same ingredients. I sprayed Cigar by Remy Lotour on my wrist and waited for some few seconds and then sprayed Pure Havane on the same wrist, infact l had a long lasting smell of Tobacco which was beautiful. Please trying mixing this combination and it will blow your mind. Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille is beautiful but tooooooooooooooo expensive.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin
Top : Honey, vanilla, with some tobacco notes on it, but the tobacco is kind of muted. There is some warm spices like cinnamon. The top actually reminds me of Burberry London, but this one is a funkier version of it.

Middle: Honey, vanilla, cinnamon hangs there, but the tobacco note moves out, bringing in some minty scent, will woods and amber joining in. This point, it reminds me of my one and only, favourite scne of all time Opium Pour Homme.

Base: tone down middle drydown.

Good projection. Last quite long on me.

Opium Pour Homme (strip away its blackcurrant and tone down the spice and mint) + Burberry London (cinnanom vibe, but with the kick of honey and vanilla, and the muted tobacco with it) = Angel Men Pure Havane.

This fragrance is edible. LOL

I enjoy this a lot. I mean c'mon, it is 2 of my favourite fragrances pitting together and becoming Pure Havane.

Oh, it also almost reminds me of some of the skeletons of Givenchy Pi =).

But even so, it did not did to well with the ladies. Practically in my world, sweet stuff is a no-no.

But once you test it, if you like it, you are going to enjoy it for sure.

3 sprays max. 1 on the neck, 2 on each arm.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5 (Unique, nicely done science project).

Sillage: 4 (it screams for the first 4-5 hours).

Time length: 4 (8-10 hours).

Occasion: 2 (Mmm....party scent? dining scent?).

Overall base on mathematics: 3.75/5

A tone down Angel Men with added versatility.

Brettyboy

I have been really excited about this hitting the UK as I loved pure coffee and pure malt. When I saw this in Debenhams I gave it two sprays on my wrist and gave it a good few seconds before taking a deep sniff....and I was completely letdown. To me it felt like I had sprayed versace dreamer,let it dry down and then played playdoh with my three year old niece. I am so glad I didn't buy this 'blind'.

fpih
fpih

I'm lately developing a crush on tobacco so when I saw this I had to try it even though it was in the men's section of the store. Turns out it could stand very well in the women's section as well. The glorious, yummy tobacco fades after 15-20 minutes and all that's left is a very sweet, synthetic vanilla that lasts for many hours. It reminds me very much of La maison de la Vanille - Vanille de Madagascar, which by the way is more expensive than this one. If you like sweet vanillas check it out, but if you're looking for tobacco try either SL Fumerie Turque or Tobacco Vanille as others have suggested.

Kankuro
Kankuro

I am a fan of the original A*Men fragrance and also love Pure Coffee and Pure Malt. I thought that I would also love Pure Havane and bought it withouttesting. BIG MISTAKE! The fragrance opens with a burst of syrupy vanilla notes, tobacco and an unpleasant ozone note. Sounds strange? Well, it smells strange, too! A*Men Pure Havane doesn't smell luxurious or mysterious like Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford, but rather like a cheap room spray wich causes asthma attacks. I really felt sick after spraying it on. I sold it to someone who likes this stuff.

Try Bvlgari Black instead, a great vanilla with hot leather notes.

JohnMc

Very strong top notes of cocoa, vanilla and tobacco from what I could tell - a bit too much, to tell the truth. I am an avowed fan of Mr. Mugler's fragrances, particularly the original A*Men. This offering however, felt like my favorite spirit drink, minus a mixer. Too much shade and not enough light. Overpowering on my skin.

catfishy
catfishy

This should be called PURE VANILLE !! The tobacco note is present for only about 20 minutes and then comes the vanille .I am dissapointed and I think of buying other tobacco perfume or EDT .

Papi
Papi

Out of all A*, B*... this one is the best! Although they all smell similar, kind of sweet and chemical :)

murysusanto

So very nice, i am speechless after receiving this finally. I have to add a 10/10 for this fragrance.

mickers
mickers

The top of this one is reminiscent of Bogart Pour Homme without the power and tobacco that BPH has. I get a soft powdery cherry accord at the top and when this hit's the drydown after a couple of hours I'm left with french vanilla. The drydown smells exactly like a glade french vanilla candle to me which isn't a bad thing. I get very minimal tobacco out of this one. It's a pleasant enough fragrance but more suited for a young woman as far as I'm concerned. If your a lover of french vanilla you may just love this one. I get average projection and excellent longevity out of this one. I goes forever on my skin.

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

Chocolate, tobacco, & vanilla. Yeah that's pretty much it, don't get too excited.

Grottola
Grottola

An incredible gourmand of the highest quality, Pure Havane really does smell great and then some. I am BY NO MEANS a gourmand fan, and I can't stand the original A*Men. However, Pure Havane hits all the right spots with a wonderful cherry pipe tobacco accord garnished with chocolate. Granted, at times in the top notes the vanilla can kinda go "Play-Doh"-ish, but this eventually stops. The middle and base are a gorgeous interplay between the tobacco and sweet elements, and what's even better is that Pure Havane lasts forever. While even the strongest fragrances can poop out on my skin after a few hours, Pure Havane keeps going for 24+ hours.

In my opinion, Pure Havane is the best *pure* gourmand out there, along with Tobacco Vanille.

rick.jansen
rick.jansen

Since knowing A-men 15 years I always keep an eye (nose) out for this brand. I must say Havane smells awfully NICE! I would not dream of smelling like a cigar, but this is lovely, funny, and very very nice. At present this is my favorite scent.

I've never tried to find out more about the creator of a perfume, but mr. Jacques Huclier now has an admirer :-)

(Worryingly Havane is already sold out, and apparently no new stock will arrive.)

UPDATE: I wore this twice from a dab vial and didn't apply much. Yesterday I used a spray bottle and applied quite a bit more. Now I get the cherry pipe tobacco, and that lasts a long time. However, this isn't like Bogart Pour Homme, I think because it's not loaded with tonka, but I no longer have a sample of the Bogart so I can't compare. In any case, the cherry pipe tobacco lasts a long time, though the cherry diminishes quite a bit after 1 to 2 hours. I don't get much of a fougere accord now but the tobacco lightens up as the sweet/ambery base comes forward over time. I now really like it and I'm glad I decided to grab a bottle at a decent price. Though not complex there's enough dynamism to prevent boredom and it's reasonably natural smelling.

I acquired a sample and gave it my first wearing yesterday. At first, the tobacco is clearly present, and this reminds me a bit of the Cuba Gold tobacco treatment (sweet fougere kind of thing). That subsides after an hour or so, though you can still smell it if you sniff up close to the skin (I dabbed to the wrist). At that point, it begins to smell a lot like Pure Malt. At no time did it smell like B*Men. If you want a tobacco version of B*Men, I suggest you sample Tobaco Latino.

Back to PH. The Pure Malt accord stays prominent for a while, but then comes some strong amber/honey/vanilla (whatever the combination is). Tobacco can be smelled for a few more hours, however. At some point it seems that the Pure Malt accord comes back again, though not as strong as the first time. Overall, this is natural enough and doesn't have any nasty "spikiness" or "synthetic" qualities that one often finds in non-niche, non-vintage tobacco fragrances.

While PH isn't a dry, leafy tobacco, neither it is a cherry pipe tobacco (as you find in Bogart Pour Homme). Instead, the tobacco here has a powdery, creamy, sweet fougere quality with that Pure Malt thing in the background or foreground, depending upon development. It is well constructed, to be sure, and some may prefer it to Tobacco Vanille and other, similar fragrances. Only if you are looking for a complex tobacco fragrance (such as vintage Lagerfeld Cologne) would I caution against this one. I don't have much interest in buying or swapping for it because the tobacco doesn't last long enough, unlike a fragrance such as Michael for Men (Kors), which is a lot cheaper and which I find more interesting and enjoyable (though I don't like MfM's top notes).

100perfumes
100perfumes

at the begining you got strong blast of Black choclate with honey , after few second i smell sweet almonds ( althought this note does appear in the list)
then its change and change during the day and become very sweet vanila with incense , somting like L by lolota lampika
must say that this perfume have a lot of faces during the day and i i like it..not boring
stay in my skin for about 8 hours

UNISEX for sure!

you must try it!!

twlahue

Excellent, if you like angel men and love pure malt, this is great. Starts out with a lot of honey, and just gets better.

vishnu
vishnu

This is just wonderful.I got this over the weekend and I am just loving it. This cologne is worth every cent .

tungtaewoo
tungtaewoo

my friend in the U.S bought this for me and i can not wait to try this. smoky tobacco is always my no.1 note...now i have another tobacco fragrance beside D&G Dolce&Gabbana pour homme

Pure Havane is another gourmand'ish frargance series by Mugler. It's cocoa buttery sweet with strong patchouli and a trace of smoky tobacco. It's not too smokey tobacco strong at all. It's much better than A*Men, but not sure about Pure Malt or Pure Coffee because I STILL haven't tried them. It has a right amount of sweetness for me, and it's not too overwhelming neither. I enjoy the scent but I don't like the rubbery flask however. I find it's harder to spray. Other than that, I want one!

JackOatmon
JackOatmon

I tried this today. It just got in at The Bay.

I'll echo what has been said here about the tobacco - it's definitely detectable, but mainly on the top notes and it soon goes into competition with the oozingly sweet accord of vanilla, cocoa and honey. It's more of a sweet "Captain Blacks" cigarillo than a deep, musty Habanero cigar.

Interestingly though, I'm getting a coffee note in the mid-development, which reminds me of Cuba in that I picture Havana as a city of good coffee shops and sweet smells. That's also probably why people are comparing it to Pure Coffee.

The drydown seems to be less sweet and more masculin. One can imagine a swarthy 50 year old gentleman relaxing for a smoke before a long night of poker and political discussions and maybe even a bit of salsa dancing. This is where the fragrance is truly at its best and "smokiest".

It's another Mugler gourmet. Probably my favorite for men, but it's ultimately just another iteration of Angel, on some level.

The bottle is, as you can see, hideous and itself enough to totally deter my interest in this product.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

damn i got to have this even though i cannot wear it on winter...whats lurkin on this new scent...i wish its better than pure malt..

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Got my nose on this one tonight...still has the A*Men signature tar note on top. Sweet boozy honey tobacco from the bottle. And, yes, that tar note is absolutely present. The tobacco is not as strong as I would have liked, and it is a little sweeter than I would have liked, but this IS A*Men. Now the drydown is something completely different. It is deep dark powdery CHOCOLATE. A confectioners delight...really yummy if you like chocolate. I really don't get much tobacco on drydown. I was looking forward to something a little bit different, but I should have known this would be another semi clone with that similar sweet smell at the opening. I swear its almost liked they mixed the heart of pure coffee with Pure malt. This is different, but not as different as I had hoped. If you want to smell like a chocolate factory, then rejoice, your dream perfume has arrived! This is the first of the 'Men' that the tar note has almost completely disappeared on drydown for me. For me, Pure Havane seems a little misleading. I would have called it "Willy Wonka Smokes a Black and Mild"...good thing I'm not in marketing, cuz honesty doesn't sell.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Even in a Cuban cigar, I can detect Mugler has been here... leaving a faint trail of coffee, or chocolate possibily. Cacao-Vanille matured by patchouli. I find the tobacco to be a short lived chaperone to the egathering of notes. If you don't pay attention, it will evade you. The styrax wood bark adds a nice finishing touch. Honey and vanilla act as a team accompanying the woody and herbal notes, maintaining a certain balance... although I would have preferred more tobacco.

It almost smells as if this fragrance was matured just as Pure Malt was. They say Havane was constructed according to the art of cigar tasting, so I suppose its of the same nature. Concluding... this fragrance is rich, smooth, alluring and bittersweet.

B'more
B'more

I bought this from a nordstrom store on saturday,With due respect this smells like a better, re-invented tabarome by creed.
Hmm, in every classification that you can compare both of them, A*men pure havane is way better, well the spray nozzle needs to function better.
Again wow and congratulations to TMP.

jonr951

I don't know about the UK launch but Thierry Mugler emailed me back saying Pure Havane will be an exclusive to Nordies for the whole month of March and go into wider distribution in April. Nordies here I come! Haha. : )

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

As a A*Man,Coffee,Malt fan I cannot wait for this creation to hit the stores. I might buy it online as soon as I find it. Should be amazing.

Gelladon
Gelladon

I have been wearing this since Friday and I can't stop smelling myself. Thierry Mugler has done it again. There is no chocolate listed in the notes but there is def some in the opening. The mid and base are both works of art. Overall this fragrance is a work of art. This is not another a*men remix like pure malt was. This a very unique creation that dosen't have that a*men dna. This is rich,smooth,and alluring. Projection is way above average and it lasts for hours on end. Thierry Mugler has out done himself on this one. I wonder what will be next. If anyone has a Pure coffee for sale please message me with details.

vangogh3
vangogh3

I have mixed A*Men with Humidor and/or Cuban Red with very good results. I am looking forward to trying this new fragrance from Mugler. Should be very nice.
I tried Pure Havane last week and was a bit let down. Not enough tobacco for me. I blended A*Men with Cigar and found that to be more of what I was looking for. Pure Havane is just ok.

jonr951

For anyone else interesed in Pure Havane I got an email from Mugler today and they're having a 3 day exclusive sale of it on their online boutique. It's $80 with free shipping! Enjoy eveyone! : )

deyutzu90
deyutzu90

I just tested and is amazing!!! I'm working at the Bay in Montreal and I just have the tester and is amazing!!! Is really not similar to the regular A*Men. And, more than that is really a long stay fragrance!!! After 7-8 hours it smells, on my skin, like Lolita au Masculin

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

Isn't it possible to delete the votes and open the voting system when the fragrance actually has hit shelves?

This fragrance has already been compared to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It would be awesome if it's slightly as good as TV since it's only 1/5 or 1/6 of the price.

I'm definitly looking forward to try this one. Some sources claim that it will be available later this month!

da_markos
da_markos

@ endymion

oh it's "normal" - it's like with the movies, books and music. ppl love the brand, the name, the thought, the idea. of course reality will veryficate their expectation :)

P.S.
i also have high hopes for this stuff. i adore smell of fine cigare and tobacco but i hate them burning and i hate smoke of them :)

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler 4.51 out of 5 based on 1398 ratings and 301 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.