Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete Thierry Mugler for men
dislike

coffee
A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete Thierry Mugler for men Pictures

New limited editions by Thierry Mugler arrive in March 2010 as summer versions of fragrances A*Men, Angel and Alien. We are already used to Mugler's game of colours, unusual flacons and characteristic compositions, but new editions manage to surprise us positively every time.

A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete joins the Sunessence collection this year (we remind you of last year's Angel Sunessence and Alien Sunessence). The fragrance arrives in a bluish 100 ml EDT flacon, shaped just like Ice Man edition. The fragrance brings us energy of the Sun which regenerates and creates balance of icy and warm notes, wood, spices and fresh juices. This scented tonic opens loud and clear while introducing aromas of green coffee blending with accords of patchouli, in foamy and explosive manner. The new summer fragrance gives a lively and sensual breath ideal for summer 2010.

Woodsy Notes Patchouli Coffee Spices

A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete Fragrance Reviews

ssssharan
ssssharan

Its suprising how long one can take to like a frag .. i have had this since a year and never bothered to use it after the initial try. Gave it a full wearing today and i must say this is some good juice !!!
Opens wit a citrusy light orange feel and dries down to a light A*men choco patch vibe.
Gets lottsa points frm me for being different... its not like any other summer frag

oh .. lovely bottle too :)

danielresendem
danielresendem

These comments here made me think that this fragrance was horrible. But when I tried, I could not believe how amazing it's!

Different from those common smells of daytime-fragrance. It's comfortable and engaging. I have nothing to complain, quite the contrary. I like this scent !!

paul garrad
paul garrad

If you like A-men then you may be upset buying this, however if you think A-men is too strong then give this a go. I quite like the scent, Mild but still has a sweet smell like the Mugler range. I don't go into all of the perfumery talk's, only to say I liked it, it was a bit weak, and longevity was very poor, not like it's brothers.

yacoco
yacoco

This a mix of b man and pure coffee

hornetz
hornetz

I like the bottle and how they have an indented star; much like Ice Men. The light blue color actually makes you think it may be an aquatic. Well, it's a toned down supposedly summer version of A-Men. They have absolutely butchered it, again like pure coffee, cant really find a reason or weather to wear this one. Too strong for summer and not appealing enough for colder months. Maybe justifiable, if you are a collector otherwise a complete waste.

jamwires
jamwires

Sunessence? You mean... SUCKessence... yep. Just plain awful juice.

...and I'm a huge A*Men fan.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

I'm sorry but this fragrance is not good at all. Normally I'm very easy and not hard with the fragrance I buy, but this one is just not good on me, not good on him and not good at all. I was very exited when I laid hands on it, cuz the reputation of the house but to be very very honest this is NOT GOOD AT ALL!!! I'm Very disappointed. Not to be rude cuz I know there are people who really love this juice, but the first time a smell it, the first thing that came to my mind was: "Damn!! This stuff smells like detergent with a hint of chocolate."
1 out of 5.

kambelzful
kambelzful

I own a sample of this one. I almost blind bought this a while ago, because this is easily the most beautiful bottle I have ever seen. But to me, it smells like the knock off fragrances that you get for $1, at dollar tree, with better longevity. It smells like a poorly made mixture of ingredients or just an overall fail of a fragrance. Just smells boring and almost stupid. 3/10.

Perf
Perf

Got a sample from TM. This is what Pure Shot was based off of just add pepper and juniper and you have it. I get a strange hospital, first aid kit, bandage type smell. Not my cup of tea.

jonr951

They have this one at TJMaxx. 34.99 if I can recall. I wish I knew what it smelled like but don't so probably won't end up getting it. : (

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Opens with a light, fresh scent. I can smell what perceives to be the original A* Men in the first opening note. I think those are the base notes coming through. They are gone pretty quickly. The original note is like a mix of the mandarin and cacao. The cacao is pretty strong, but it almost gives off a spicy scent. It’s like pepper to me, actually. The initial top notes didn’t seem to mix well together for me, but after I wore this a couple of times, I really began to like them, as well.

The middle notes on the page say “Green Coffee” and “Woody Notes”, but to be honest, I smell a very faint vanilla and pepper. The top notes on the page pyramid say “Spicy Notes” and I think this is it, but this isn’t just in the top notes, it’s at the heart of the fragrance.

The longevity of this upsets me a bit, but it does last a few hours. It just wears light ont he skin. All in all, I like Sunessence pretty well.

VanAllan
VanAllan

This great flanker came in my mail few days ago after a blind buy based only on reviews found here and recommendations from other users. Taking into account the fact that I don't like A*Men I can say that I really love this limited edition, as it has very little in common with original.

A sharp & tonic opening, perceived as little fruity & sweet, very appropiate for these spring sunny days, followed by a spicy patchouli, smooth coffee & some woods combination, very very good indeed.

As a limited edition I couldn't be more happy that I didn't miss it (like I did with others wanted limited flankers) and I can throughly recommend it to those who think original A*Men is too much for them.

Longevity is not an issue by itself...personally there are many times I don't want a fragrance to stay with me all day and get tired of it, so i would say about 4-5 hrs, with a noticeable presence in the first two. A truly nice surprising offering from Mugler house. My rank 8.8/10. ☣☣☣☣

Redpula
Redpula

For me, what is longevity, when it's an all-star!
The top spray is alcohol, then a refreshingly sweet scent comes out, reminds me of perry ellis red but lighter. pleasing and very attractive. Such a refined flaming sweet aroma.

I just can't explain the wonders I am smelling myself because minutes after, this juice is offering me a fantastic coffee scented heart experience, a sweeter Pure Coffee, that is both great for summer and winter.

The dry down is perfectly blended and clean to give you a lovely unisex "Alien"/"Ultrared" union.

What is longevity (4 hours only, so far) when this is a balanced sweet-bitter-sweet "Magic" for all seasons.

I got two 100ml and a 50ml of A*Men, a Pure Coffee and this perfume. These are all amazing and have different projections of their own despite a few resemblance. Indeed, this frag can be an option when you can't use A*Men and Pure Coffee in some activities or time of the day.

Update: After two weeks of wearing this frag, I am more in love with it. The longevity stays 8 hours on my skin, contradicting the 4 hours I commented last above. Now that's really a worth my money perfume addition to my collection. I love the scent and longevity. This is a big Try.

iconoclast
iconoclast

A lighter and more versatile version of the original A*Men. A good fragrance just like the original, to which it has as an unmistakable resemblance although not quite as cloyingly sweet. However, I found that although it performs strongly at the beginning with decent sillage, longevity is poor at best (3 to 4 hours max) before it completely disappears from my skin.

In the interests of economy, I think I would prefer to get the same smell and effect by lightly spraying the original A*Men.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I purchased this is in the sale with a view to put it on ebay but after reading the reviews on here i couldnt resist opening it up to have a little smell.
I was prepared for the worst as i had once blindly purchased ice men (as near to bleach as a fragrance could get and had never really got on with the original). I must say i was really pleased with it. Nice fizzy fruity opening with a good balanced patchouli thrown in. Great for a warm summers morning.
After reading about the lack of longevity i was more than prepared for a fleeting love affair yet a good six hours i could still smell what i would call the best bits of the original/pure coffee versions...wish i had brought more now.

guest_LA2000
guest_LA2000

This is a lighter, brighter revision of the original A Men. The original, which has been a staple for me for 7 years, is a very bombastic creation. A gourmand patchouli explosion. You can't really wear the original A Men in the daytime or to work. It's just too much. But for the clubs or out with friends in the evening it is perfect.

Sunessence can be worn in just about any casual situation, day or night. It lacks the heavy, overbearing tenacity of the original without losing what made the original special. And that's a good thing. Previous reviews have complained about the lack of staying power, but given that you had to wash the original off with a fire hose, perhaps that is relative. I found it staying power of Sunessence to be on par with other citrus based fragrances.

Ultimately, I replaced my original A Men with Sunessence because I found it to be far more versatile.

ArkangeL

I wanted to give this another chance to prove itself, so I walked into Macy's to spray this on my hand, and trust me... I pushed that sprayer cap down ALL the way. until my hand was drenched. 3 hours ladies and gentlemen, and its gone. It's almost like a magic trick... now you smell it, now you don't. Even weak fragrances have a tendency to leave behind a faint smell to pick up on. You would have thought I took a shower. It comes off so strong at first... a coffee-patchouli explosion, and then nothing. It's like the Cold War.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Tried this together with the original A*Men, this is a tone down version of the original, sadly nothing special about it. The first note is fresh citrus scent, after few minutes, it change to spices with light caramel coffee scent. Last note is mild patchouli scent. No surprise at all if you tested/ have the original A*Men before.

Longevity is below average, 2 hours max on me and silage is bad, you need to sniff only can get the scent after hours applied.

This is a very light with little hints of freshness summer frag, if the longevity and silage can improve, lasting power like Ice*Men, this is really a great summer fragrance for 2010!

ArkangeL

I tracked this at Nordstrom and sampled it twice to define it properly. It comes off as a collaboration of Ice Men and Pure Coffee. So then, it's something like Ice Coffee. It's a little weird at first, but then it dies down gradually. I like it, but uncertain about the longevity. For those spontaneous days you're feeling unpredictable.

Tarida
Tarida

I think this is the Angel Innocent version of Angel for men? I agree it looks like Ice*Men but definately smells different. This is very nice summer fragrance indeed. If you not that keen on original A*Men fragrance then you are more likely to prefer this version of it. 8/10

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I had to do it I purchased my 100ml bottle. To me it has a lighter aroma of the original A*Men fragrance lingering in the background with a pinch of juicy citrus notes blended into the fragrance. It is very very nice and perfect for the Spring into Summer. The bottle design is exactly the same as Ice*Men but the glass of Sunessence is coloured blue and not clear glass like Ice*Men. The only downside is the longevity which is the shortest of any of the A*Men versions. It gone after 2-3 hours on me and requires a second application.

wakemeupalready

Ok so I blind bought this fragrance because I couldn't find it in any of the nearby stores. This is exclusive to House of Fraser until April. So I got a bottle by mail order.

Anyways this is what A*Men for the noughties should smell like!

It's absolutely delicious, gone are all the notes that so many people hate about the original fragrance and are replaced with fresh or alternative notes.

Instead of the roasted coffee, chocolate and caramel, we have a raw green coffee bean note. When I thought of green coffee I thought hmmm I dunn how this will smell, it smells fruity and green rather than that regular coffee smell. Next is this amazing fizzy citrus note.

This A*Men without all the strange floral and foody notes replaced with chocolate, and fizzy tangy lemonade kind of smell. At first spray it is amazing refreshing and aquatic, but not that synthetic aquatic. There is definately a watery, sea note in there somewhere.

All in all this is a welcome addition to the A*Men family, definately a scent that stands on it's own, only slightly and I mean slightly does it smell like the original, it's definately there bit its faint.

Now for the bad news, The sillage and longevity are awful, this scent lasted at the most an hour on my skin, before fading very close to my skin and this was with a generous spray. Also the bottle, while it's a deep blue juice with a clear lid, it is the same bottle as Ice*Men they could have been a little more original.

All in all this is a must have for anyone who loves Le Mugler and the A*Men flankers.

jonr951

I didnt care for this at all. It smells very much like the original which I dont like either. Ill stick w/ Bmen and Pure Coffee.

junior halston
junior halston

This scent is perfect! They did away with the Ben-Gay smell from ICEMan that has that horrid menthol/patchouli.

Sunessence opens with fresh green coffee and a light touch of chocolate it is spicy/fresh and then it changes to this fresh clean tonic smell.

I feel they got it right this time for a summer scent.

yankeeh8er847
yankeeh8er847

Have not smelled it yet. Only heard about it for the first time a few days ago, but I've been reading reviews from other people online and people say that it is different from Ice*Men. It's supposed to have much more noticeable coffee and chocolate notes like the original A*Men, while being bearable for a summer frag. I even heard people mention that it has a bit of an orangey vibe to it. Some people are swearing it to be amazing and are grabbing bottles while they can, just as they did for Pure Malt. People may be jumping the gun a bit, but if they smelled it and love it, then I'm trying it asap.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

yes wakemeupalready !! it is a completley new version recently launched , never buy before testing it first :)

wakemeupalready

This sounds lovely but the icy notes kinda seem like a carbon copy of the Ice Men composition.
I hope this is not Ice Men or Summer Flash re-named. I'll be very disappointed if it is because as much as I used to love Ice Men I can't stand the medicinal smell from it, and I'm never disappointed with TM's limited editions.

Can anyone confirm if this is a new scent?? before i part with my hard earned cash.

A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete by Thierry Mugler 3.71 out of 5 based on 87 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of A*Men Sunessence Edition Orage d`Ete by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.