Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Alien Eau Extraordinaire Thierry Mugler for women

Alien Eau Extraordinaire Thierry Mugler for women Videos
Alien Eau Extraordinaire Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Eau Extraordinaire Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

After truly fantastic editions of the Alien collection - Alien Liquer de Parfum 2013 and Alien Essence Absolue from 2012 Thierry Mugler is preparing a new fragrant surprise and tingles the imagination with the latest version of the original fragrance named Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire! The latest fragrance that we expect on the market soon starts a new chapter in history of Thierry Mugler Alien fragrance.

Uniqueness of this fragrance is reflected in delicate floral notes with characteristic freshness and it exudes more optimism and positive messages. Alien Eau Extraordinaire is a positive fragrant expression of sunny and glittery essence.

Top notes of the composition provide an irresistible blend of Tunisian neroli combined with tea and bergamot. The heart of the composition adds fresh, elegant and gentle exotic Tiare flower note warmed with deep, warm and sensual aromas of white amber. The new perfume of Thierry Mugler collection was created to transfer the feeling of tranquility and happiness to all women.

The new fragrance of Alien collection will be launched accompanied with natural make up. Alien Eau Extraordinaire arrives as 60ml Eau de Toilette. Flacon of the new fragrance follows the style of Thierry Mugler collection, resembling a gem decorated with golden details. Body of the bottle is much curvier than its antecedents, has massive bottom and is transparent, which serves to transfer freshness and gentleness of the composition. Pale beige shade of the liquid is accentuated with icy beige details on the flacon. Alien Eau Extraordinaire was launched in 2014. Alien Eau Extraordinaire was created by Dominique Ropion and Veronique Nyberg.

Bergamot Tea Tunisian Neroli Lemon Lime Orange

Vanitas

Alien Eau Extraordinaire Fragrance Reviews

Tussa
Tussa

i tried this one today, expecting that I will not like it. What a surprise. After a while I couldn't smell any citrus notes, settled down, I felt luxury flower soap in most positive way. It has very good longevity and for me, smells quite unique.

mystica
mystica

Creamy fresh lemon pie, spicy with a strong floral (jasmine) touch. Vanilla, amber and sandalwood is also detectable.

Ideal for spring & summer. A very chic daytime frag when you want to look polished & tip-top condition.

katemax
katemax

I tried this recently and t reminded me of ange ou demon... although obviously someone is in disagreement as twice Ive put it n the box where you put stuff like that and it wasdown voted

freddinos
freddinos

Initial spray: very diluted Alien invasion, with lots of aromatic lemon zest. It is in fact quite lovely, and this is coming from a lemon and Alien disliker.
It is far less potent than the original, and within 1 hour it already is only a skinscent.
Lovely nonetheless, wouldn't mind a full bottle for the summer.

upperu
upperu

Very fresh and deep fragrance. It is more citrus but still "Alien" one. It is ideal to wear in the situations where the classic Alien might be too intense: to the office, to the beach or during the romantic getaway.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

O my God the best THE BEST in the Alien fragrance line. This is just lovely. I feel like they made it just for me. The Tiare Flower from Tahiti is my favorite tropical flower and I can totally smell it here. It's the most beautiful white flower besides gardenia. This does tend to smell like a gardenia based white floral but it's not as heavy or overpowering as you would imagine. It has other lovely flowers: ylang ylang heliotrope and orange blossom. My nose picked up on the heliotrope and the orange blossom rather quickly. The frag opens with citrus and something like a sweet bergamot tea. It's fresh and delicious as it starts. Then the flowers begin to softly bloom. The dry down is vanilla and amber. This is my kind of perfume. Feminine, sweet and soft. It doesn't announce itself when you walk into a room. Perfect day time casual scent to wear to work. It's also really the most feminine of the Aliens. Most of the aliens smell like men colognes and you know it. This one is the female alien.

kikinha
kikinha

WOW! That's all I can say! This is a gorgeous fragrance. I got a sample when I ordered Angel Muse and honestly, I regret not knowing this gem before. I would have ordered this instead. It does not last long, but it's an EDT after all. Love the price, love the bottle, the fragrance... love everything about it!!! This is my next!

sharyssa
sharyssa

I think this is the one I sampled at macys recently and I wasn't wowed by this at all it just didn't stand out like alien or angel in which I think those 2 are unique but this one pshh nope I walked away from the fragrance counter a bit disappointed...

AliPratt25
AliPratt25

Upon first spray this can be a bit overwhelming.....but the dry down is amazing!! Smells like lemon drops and powder with a really nice floral overtone. Longevity and sillage are moderate. This is the only Alien I have and I can't wait to try the others.

darlingnadine
darlingnadine

This is a beautiful scent but unfortunately doesn't last very long. It doesn't smell like the original Alien to me. Definitely a lighter more summery Alien.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

original Alien (even though I like it) is a bit too pungent for me....but this flanker, is more wearable and much lighter. It gives instant smile when I sprayed it on my wrist, really a mood booster!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Why is there still more love for Alien than this fantastic flanker. I love this as much as the Liqueur de Parfum. This is far more floral, sweeter, softer and more wearable than Alien. If you're a girl who has worn Alien and had a bad experience with it but would still like to have an Alien I highly recommend this fragrance. The bottle is gorgeous. I love the scent. It opens with citrus a lot of it but it's not sharp. Just sweet and refreshing, cool and energizing. Perfect for putting on after a shower and right before you head out to whatever it is you have to do. The heart is purely floral with orange blossom, Tiare flower, ylang-ylang and heliotrope. These are soft but very detectable and smell so good. It has more flowers than the firs Alien and yes it's missing the jasmine. Yay. The scent dries down to a number of good things: amber, sandalwood, some light musk and lots of vanilla. Delicious and sweet and worth buying. The price is good I would say that this is affordable. I hope they do not discontinue this one nor the Liqueur as they are both so much better than the first Alien.

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

I am probably the luckiest person on Earth! I purchased two original Alien products at The Bay in Canada, and I was given a Suprise Box with my purchase!! When I opened it, I had a 30 ml of Eau Extraordinaire EDT along with a scented bracelet of the same fragrance and a lotion and shower gel of the original Alien! I am in Heaven! I like this fragrance, it is very different from the original Alien to me. It is fresh and has a lot of citrus notes! It is pleasant, but I still prefer the original :)

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

The best thing about Alien Eau Extraordinaire is the drydown.

Tender, subtle vanilla floral notes.

-AB-

msmariagomez
msmariagomez

When I wear this perfume I feel like I'm in a cabin in the woods, on a snowy winter afternoon, drinking tea by the fireplace, wearing absolutely nothing but an oversized cashmere sweater... while surrounded by fresh cut flowers, if that makes any sense.

Its the perfect balance of floral and woody notes. Its so soft and comforting, but intriguing at the same time. Like you just got off your golden spaceship and came in for a cup of tea. I can't stop smelling it.

lulugal11
lulugal11

I smelled Alien (the purple one) in the store and thought it had very strong notes of grape bubblegum. The guy at the fragrance desk seemed offended by that and said quite snootily there is no grape in Alien!

I asked for a sample so I could try the scent out longer and noticed the sample was a white bottle. I tried it out today and got a low-key grape bubblegum vibe but overlaid on that is the scent of a freshly sharpened pencil.Yes it smells like the graphite..not the wood...don't ask how I know that.

I reread the sample card and noticed it is the Alien Eau Extraordinaire and it is the EDT not the EDP version. Maybe that has something to do with the difference in scent.

This scent is not childish but it reminds me of childhood because all I smell one hour in is grape bubblegum (specifically bubblicious) mixed with pencil shavings.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Love the tiare and neroil... If you find regular Alien a little heavy or can't handle that grape note that comes up sometimes in Alien..... This is a real nice option for spring-summer . I like how the base is still spicy but light . I love orientals this is sparkley. Can't wait to use it to lighten up- layer some of the more heavier frags like alien absolute...lasts a long time on me...

ladyinpink
ladyinpink

I love all aliens. This is no exeption.
I cannot describe what it is exatly that makes me love it so much. The only other perfumes that remind me of alien are: paris hilton can can body spray and loverdose by diesel smells later on just like alien.
I love that stuff. Alien is my number one

Nicoscent90
Nicoscent90

I have really grown to like this perfume. There was something about it that kept playing on my mind about it - I couldn't quite put my finger on it even after testing it out in the shops. I finally decided to order it, I'm wearing it today and that little 'What on earth does this scent remind me of' kept niggling me in the back of my mind.

To no avail I finally realised what it reminded me of: Gurelains Tiare mimosa!! Not surprising as Tiare is the forefront scent in extraordinaire. However in comparison I love this a lot more than Guerlains.

Aliens extraordinaire is a silage beast on me I sprayed it on at 10:30 am this morning and I could smell it up until 2pm. Tiare is definitley the most prominant scent and then there's something quite zesty and minty about it - strange - almost mentolly but in a very nice way!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Thierry Mugler’s Alien Eau Extraordinaire is a lovely fragrance and I really love how it has a sparkling, bubbly quality to it compared to the original Alien. The tangy zest of the bergamot blends perfectly with the calming scent of the tea leaves and tiare flower. As it dries down I can smell the pepper and neroli with just a hint of cashmeran. I think this fragrance is a great twist on the original Alien and it has surprisingly good longevity on my skin. The bottle is beautiful and after savoring my sample for so long I am pleased to finally have a bottle to call my own!

MysticRose
MysticRose

Oh Alien how I love to hate you. I remember when I first smelled the original, I was 14 years old doing a placement at a surgery when it's powerful sillage hit me from the other side of the room. It was love at first sniff but as I got older I approached Alien with caution because it began to nauseate me somewhat. Eau Extraordinaire is a lovely, light concoction that retains the sultriness of the original but in a more tender manner, it's crisp and cistrus-y; making it perfect for Spring/Summer.

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

Not sure how anyone could possibly compare this to Flowerbomb. They are not even remotely similar in any way.

JetsBabe
JetsBabe

Not bad at ALL! (It smells a little like original Alien, but with citrus and floral notes)...if you love citrus in perfume, you'll love this!

Once I saw reviews comparing it to Flowerbomb I was weary. But, I was pleasantly surprised cause it smells AMAZING.

I sprayed Alien Extra on one wrist and Flowerbomb on another...they do not smell the same at all.

They have the tea in common but the tea note in this perfume mixes in well and SMELLS GOOD unlike the tea I smelled in Flowerbomb.

Flowerbomb sucks and this one does NOT.

cherlynnie
cherlynnie

Love this! Definitely its the Tiare flower taking on the main role accompanied by waves of neroli and tea coming and going for awhile before it settles down to a very pretty tiare-amber-cashmere-vanilla-musk combo. Sweet but not overly sweet florale scent overall. Those who love tiare flowers may easily love this.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

A colleague gave me a 5ml bottle of this as she didn't like it. Whilst I must admit that i'm a massive fan of the original Alien, this one is still nice.

It's fresher, has much more of a citrus/floral tone to it with something a bit warmer on the drydown. I find it's more of a perfume that i could wear during the day however I haven't had any compliments on it yet, it doesn't last as long (probably because it's an EDT) and the sillage isn't as strong. It sits very close to the skin and I have to keep applying it to be able to smell it on myself.

It's still a beautiful scent though however I won't be buying a larger bottle once this one runs out.

purpleribbons
purpleribbons

Got a sample of this from Sephora and wow! I love it! I like the original Alien but this one has something extra that just makes it smell so beautiful. And it's not as heady as the Alien so it's good for wearing all year round. Will definitely purchase in the full size!

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I'm trying out a sample of this today, and unless I find a great price on it, I won't buy it. I sprayed liberally, and while the longevity and sillage are good, I'm not overly fond of the scent. I normally like citrus, so I'm probably getting hung up on the white floral or the green notes. It is fresh, which I like, but it's just not a scent that has won me over.

I do want to try Alien Absolue, because I think that one might be more up my alley.

Missmaassen
Missmaassen

This perfume is definitely my fave 2015 perfume!. When Thierry Mugler introduced the original alien, I really thought that was it for me. I was literally obsessed with it and sprayed it all day everyday. Till now. I am in LOVE with alien eau extraordinaire. It is fresh, crisp, light and absolutely breath taking. I am such a perfume junkie and there's honestly no perfume I can think of that smells similar to it. If anyone does please let me know. All my friends give me compliments on how I smell and I even spritz some of the perfume in my hair and it lasted 4 days straight. I just love love love this fragrance. It is quite pricy however , so try get it on sale to save yourself some cash.

loonad

I have been using this scent since Monday. I wanted something light and beautiful for my antenatal appointment. It is now summer here in mauritius. This perfume lasts very long on me. I can still smell it at the end of the day. I think this perfume needs tropical heat to be long lasting.

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

I finally got to try this gem the other day, and I was thrilled to bits. I have grown rather pessimistic about perfumes over the years, but this was recommended by nice peeps here who know their scents, and it's a beautiful, uplifting, sweet, fresh, morning-sunshine halo. On me it did start to become powdery and (like others have said) didn't last the way I had wanted -- I could still smell it several hours later but it had become simply Standard Floral or perhaps shampoo (a shampoo I like though). It didn't "turn" and I didn't get any weird smells, so it's still a possibility to buy, if only because I'm getting tired of my usual floral.
I can definitely smell the bergamot and tea! Big winners in my book!

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Said it before and I'll say it again: Dominique Ropion is such a badass.

Eau Extraordinaire is truly the "fresh" version of the original Alien. It's Alien-ish, but won't hit ya like a ton of bricks, like the O.G or the Aqua Chics. It's uplifting, but not sour; it's floral, but not heady; it's "warm", but not too sweet. Eau Extraordinaire is easy to wear but has that distinct Mugler house feel. The color of the bottle reflects the scent inside - peaceful, pleasant and ethereal.

That being said...WHAT THE HECK, MAN?! I like Eau Extraordinaire better than all the other versions of Alien, yet this is the one that fades from my skin COMPLETELY after 15 minutes. I am not exaggerating - I have super oily skin that fragrances stick to and this one quits with the quickness. (I never, ever thought I'd say that about something from the Mugler house!)

I'd buy a full bottle if it lasted on my skin. *frowny face*

SamanthaRenee
SamanthaRenee

I really love this scent! Of all the Alien scents I've sampled, this one is by far my favorite. It has just enough of an amber and floral mixture to work perfectly with my body chemistry.
I passed by someone at the gym the other day and he came over and commented that he could smell my perfume as I walked by and that it smelled "very good". (I went in for a drink of water, wasn't even working out ) This stuff stays with me all day and it's hard to find a scent that is lovely and lasting. It's definately one of my new loves. Floral and amber lovers need to at least sample this little jewel : )

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

Lasts all day for me. Love this!

Narkus
Narkus

wiped my past review. My skin must have been acting up because longevity and silage are better now -- moderate. I LOVE this scent. It is so uplifting and feminine.. For me, a most beautiful floral bergamot! Just bought another bottle

I'm in dislike group here. Made by Dominique Ropion, who I consider a genius and I love half of his creations and loathe the other half.
For some reason Thierry Mugler and me cannot be friend. I like virtually none from this house. Perhaps it possess a very distinctive trademark which doesn't agree with my both my nose and chemistry.
Many years ago I wanted to like original Alien and just couldn't. And I love jasmine. I actually loved it on some people, but on me it smells awful.
My problem with TM is that every perfume tried on my skin smelled like a brick on my head. They are very dense, thick-smelling, no left airy grace. A problem with chemistry, I think.
Eau Extraordinaire made no exception, instead it made it stronger. I really wanted to like this one.
I love both neroli and orange flower and sandalwood is one of my HG notes. Here it's all a mess and a plastic one.
I received many samples from a super-kind SA.
I happily sprayed it on a night close to the sea and I'm only happy that the breeze carried it far from me. It was hot and wet, not the right weather for this. My bf said: What did you put on? It smells like plastic!
Exactly! This smells like sugared plastic on me.
It has average duration. The bottle is very beautiful, but the perfume was not for me.

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

I've never liked the original Alien, but I decided to give this a try since it contains tiare flower, which is one of my favourite notes.

Alien Eau Extraordinaire opens with a gorgeous, luminous blast of tropical flower and fresh citrus. This lasts for abouth 15 minutes on my skin before the scent dries down to an inane woody haze. The magic is gone. The scent has gone from divine to blah, and I'm really, really disappointed.

I really wanted to like this one...

sabri.matoussi
sabri.matoussi

Well I just bought this perfume for my mom and I wanted to test it . Well I'm kinda dissapointed , but don't get me wrong , the opening of this fragrance is so citrusy and stays like that for like 3 minutes then you can smell a hint of the original Alien . Well I'm from Tunisia and Tunisian neroli is listed there , I can't tell if the neroli is a stand out , it's just hidden under the Alien DNA and the citrus . I'm not a big fan of the Citrus and this guy is in all the sport/summer editions of fragrances but I guess it's a must after all . I'd say this fragrance is mix of bitter-sweet smell , I guess that's what Alien is all about we won't figure it out . it doesn't stay much max 3 hours and it didn't projects really well like ANGEL !! So i'd recommand this fragrance for women who'd like to smell sweet but not the overwhelming sweet and get compliments if people gets near them .

Mushana
Mushana

I'm crazy about the Essence Absolue so this was a pleasant surpries. Great for warmer days yet retaining the heart of Alien. Must have for me!

So I went and bought it! It's warm in Southern Africa so this is just perfect. It makes me feel so happy I keep reapplying it. The drydown is magnificent

Juliana6
Juliana6

Last winter I entered my favorite cafe to have a cup of green tea, and I could choose - there were so many sorts of it. I took a cup of green tea with jasmine, it sounded very exciting in the middle of winter. The tea was amazing - green, strong, and indeed there was that promised jasmine, so well pronounced and realistic, a bit bitter. It was amazing to taste something like that and look at the snow dancing outside!

This spring I was looking for my summer fragrance, and I tested this Alien flanker. And there it was- the same amazing feeling I had in the winter in that cafe. The opening is a sparkling citrus (slightly sour) and then I feel that high quality green tea mixed with the white jasmine notes (which are not listed). The on my skin this mixture becomes sweeter and powdery too. I think an expensive, creamy lipstick could smell like that. And, of course, this flanker keeps the famous Alien vibe we all recognize, and the drydown becomes more Alien-y. I think it's the mildest Alien flanker of all I have tried. Soft, light, feminine veil, but with its own character, with its individuality. If you like the regular Alien, but it's too strong for you, this could be a miracle for you.

sassa7
sassa7

If I had a crush on Essense Absolue, I instantly fell head over heels for this one!! Bought it immediately. A sexy youthful yet sophisticated perfume ideal for summer. Its the perfect crisp white floral with an exotic twist that of the Bergamot so that you don't forget it belongs to the Alien family ;) Lasted 8 hrs on me and could still smell it after I took a shower. Im getting a very subtle masculine vibe when I first spray, then as hrs pass by it gets better and better. And as some ladies have complained about other Alien perfumes I don't get an intense toothpaste scent with this one just a slight minty note maybe very soft. To me its the best of the Alien line.

UPDATE: its already strong and long lasting but for even richer scent apply the Bodycology Bronzed Amber Obsession then the perfume. Divine combo to me.

ia_ramos
ia_ramos

I have grown to love Alien, but during these summer months, I sometimes want it dialed down a little. The EDT doesn't give me the summery feel I want. I bought the body lotion and while it's lovely, it is truly Alien! Lol. Enter Eau Extraordinaire. THIS is a true flanker. Too many flankers only retain a name but no essence of an original. This opens all lemon to me (ok,bergamot) but then almost immediately settles down to my beloved Alien, all the while holding onto the light citrus background. Longevity on me is nowhere near the original (I envy those who carry it longer), but still decent as it is an EDT after all. This is near perfection for me and exactly what I wanted in a lighter Alien.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

This flanker is so lovely! I makes me dream of summer vacation, beaches, swimming and all of my favourite summer activities. It slightly resembles the original, but only the opening. I can smell the tea note and I really love it. I am not a big fan of Mugler perfumes, but this one really lifts my spirit!

GhostFleur
GhostFleur

ALIEN eau Extraordinaire: Distinctive...yet bound to its predecessor by the same DNA from which they are bred. A species of celestial origin...she is a fallen star. Her incandescence is truly a marvel to behold so she is without a doubt one of Thierry Mugler's most amazing creations.

I was first captivated by its exquisite flacon and have fallen further at first sniff. It introduces itself with fresh and citrusy accords with Bergamot tea and Neroli being the most prominent during the initial spray. After the head notes calm down, the composition turns to a very sophisticated white floral with a tinge of green because of the Heliotrope's almond like scent. As the heart gives way to the drydown, the almond- vanilla accord becomes more pronounced in contrast with soft spices warmed by amber and cashmere wood. This fragrance transforms from fresh to slightly lactonic then amber / woody composition. Overall, it's non-offensive with moderate projection and appropriate to be worn even in crowded places. Very impressive longevity!!! I am still catching whiffs of this beautiful aroma after 7 hours of wear until I wash my skin at the end of my day. What I love most about this is that there is NO MUSK!!! I would strongly recommend to those wanting to wear a stronger fragrance but could not stand powerhouse scents.

Paula80
Paula80

At the start it reminds me a lot of YSL Cinema.... After 2-3 hours the scent turns into GIVENCHY Play for her... It's a perfect mix of my two favourite fragrances... I love it!

Wheaters
Wheaters

I don't like this at all. First spray is a bit like Alien, then it dries to a watered-down, gone-off version. Kind of like someone has tried to make a knock-off of it, used spoiled ingredients, and missed the point entirely.
I shall be sticking with my beautiful, original and best Alien EDP.

katmo
katmo

Alien never disappoints. This flanker smells best in hot weather, I'm actually surprised how good it smells at high temperatures because most fragrances I own don't. Starts a bit too sharp for my liking, but the drydown is amazing, I get tiare and something like tea. Mmmmm! I feel confident but relaxed at the same time when wearing this. Perfect for any occasion.
There are too many Alien flankers out there that I might go bankrupt soon. But to me they're like Pokémons. Gotta catch 'em all.

Alpha.Leonis
Alpha.Leonis

The original Alien was a bit much for me when I first smelled it on the test strip, but when I smelled this one I thought that this scent was the most seductive smelling fragrance I'd ever come across; and, honestly, I'd say this is a perfect 'bedroom' scent. Not only that but it was intriguing and had me sniffing the test paper again and again.

There is just this lovely mixture of citrus and floral combined with a very fresh, powdery addition with some spice that just ties everything together with the most perfect combinations.

I eventually went back and got a sample of this to take home with me, and kept thinking that maybe I would take the plunge and buy a bottle, but didn't want to be too hasty. Yet, each time I spritzed it on myself I was completely in love with the scent; and, so, I gave in and bought a bottle.

This is such a lovely and intriguing fragrance. I would definitely recommend that everyone give this scent a trial run. Thierry Mugler can sometimes make some overpowering scents, but this is definitely not one of them.

loonad

Last week I went shopping with my sister as she had to test some fragrances for her wedding. I did not intend to buy any fragrance for myself but one spray of this and i was in love. This is such a dreamy scent and so well suited for the Mauritian climate. I love the jasmine note which is very sweet,almost tea-like in this composition. This is so fresh and young. I am looking forward to wearing this once my ange ou demon edt is finished. such a lovely summer scent.

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like this fragrance. It's similar to alien, yet totally different. It's definitely softer and sits closer to the skin so isn't as over powering, which I perfer. This is definitely a spring summer scent. I would wear this as an every day fragrance rather than for an evening or occasion.

Megamind
Megamind

Usually I don't bear Thierry Mugler scents. There is something irritating in its perfumes. So I always avoid perfume shop Thierry Mugler shelves.
I received eau extraordinaire in 1,5 ml sample when ordered another perfume. And surprisingly I appreciated it from the very first spritz! It opens with so fresh citrusy jasmine flower and honey. But interestingly these notes are not mentioned. It should come from tiara flowers and bergamot.
The dry down reveals sweet green tee and neroli notes with a smidgen of powder represented by cashmeran woods. This beautiful bunch sits on an amber pillow becoming stronger and more noticeable in the dry down.
After having a look at creator names I'm not surprised anymore to appreciate this flagrance. It's a creation of Dominique Ropion (pure poison Dior, Armani code, aqua di Gioia etc) and Veronique Nyberg (tresor in love lancôme).
It's very sweet and a little bit powdery kind of flagrance good for winter cold days but maybe not for summer because can quickly become cloying with a hot weather (especially dry down). I do not mind at all to have it in my collection.

lady_D
lady_D

This is my happy scent. To me it really embodies the sun and positiveness. It is so fresh and unique, with a hint of sweetness. I like the bergamot and tea notes a lot in this. I agree to those who say that this cannot offend anyone, so makes a good everyday or office scent. On my skin and clothes it does last long, I can still smell it after about 8 hours. And I love the bottle, looks so expensive.

kerion
kerion

If you aren't a fan of the original because of it's strength, you will enjoy this one. It's not any different than the other flankers, it's still Alien. I feel like they are all Alien with different notes dancing around. The longest lasting summerflanker on me is the pink one with sparkles, the ginger one. I can't remember the years these were all released. That one stays just as long as my original. This one is for sure summer.

moyra27
moyra27

The first time I smelled Alien on my skin (it was Alien Essence Absolue) was a disappointment, because it smelled very weird, like a medicine, and I wanted to wash it off immediately.
So when I received a sample of Alien Eau Extraordinaire, I was a bit skeptical at first.
But what a pleasant surprise, this one is very light and fresh. I'm fond of bergamot, tea and citrusy scents, so this one is perfect for me.
This is a version of Alien I really love!

cinema1974
cinema1974

Owning every Thierry Mungler Alien formulation just took me to another level with Eau Extraordinaire!It is a citrus like what everyone described and a floral but a soft sweet floral. It is a lighter scent not like original but more with the sun essance line.This is different due to the soft powder downdry and it smells sweet but not like the sweets in the fragrance market right at this moment. The downfall it last about 1-2 hours but it is Eau de toilette too. So you can't expect it to be more than that. This would be a great scent for spring and summer. If you wear it to work, it will not offend. It different but it still an alien but fresher.It amazing!!!

Okeydokeyday
Okeydokeyday

Alien essence absolue started my addiction to Thierry Mugler Alien scents, so when I saw this in Saks I knew I had to have it. On first spray I noticed the strong citrus scent, almost lemon which is probably due to the mixture of bergamont and tea, but the dry down reminded me a lot of the essence absolue. They both have a very warm base note. Thierry Mugler's Alien line will never cease to amaze me!

I like how it's white floral and citrusy at the same time without being sharp or cheap smelling.
Just the right amount of citrus and white flowers balanced with amber and woody notes.
I really wouldn't mind wearing it, if I smell it, but it's still not in my top favorites.
It's an elegant scent for strong and confident woman.
Very serious and conservative, there's no playful sweetness.

mesha2sweet
mesha2sweet

Why does this beautiful scent only lasts for such a short amount of time lol. Well, for however long it lasts, it smells GORGEOUS & I love it.. I will be purchasing a full bottle & reapplying this one as needed. The original alien threw me down & this one simply blows me away :)

beccamm

The opening is very citrusy on me which I'm not keen on but once it settles its gorgeous! I love all the notes in this fragrance and it could easily be a signature, just wish it was stronger and lasted longer or at least have a matching body lotion to strengthen it on me - I do love it though so might up getting a bottle anyway.

scarlett.angel
scarlett.angel

Had the most pleasant surprise when I saw this at my local pharmacy today while shopping for another perfume on sale. Omg! I almost dropped to my knees when I saw this Heavenly bottle staring at me! Just when I said to myself yesterday, I wish I could wear my beloved Alien in summer. And here it is! Summer version sent from above. Will do a proper review later. Right now I'm just so overwhelmed and infatuated with my new love. Heavenly citrus Jasmine powdery delight

PerfumeGodess
PerfumeGodess

I AM ABSOLUTELY INFATUATED!!! I think it is the Bergamot. I love Bergamont Tea too! Earl Grey by Twinings! If you love fragrances you have to check out Capitol Teas - love the smokey ones like Russian Carivan!

jdawg
jdawg

Nothing like the original Alien. Very sour at the first spray until it settles down to the base note after a few minutes. Settles well after but still not as good as the original Alien. 7/10.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Hmmmm. Totally different animal to the Alien.

I am getting citrus and jasmine and a fresher, lighter (still as potent mind you) tea note.Jasmine tea? Yes...jasmine, earl grey with a hint of orange zest. All presented on a lovely wooden tray. This is definitley the daytime version. I think I actually prefer all the layers in this one. It is prettier, whispier and lighter. Sweeter even. Alien has a deeper, darker more powdery feel.

duftduft
duftduft

No. With all my respect to all Alien Lovers this version doesnt smell good to me. And My Signature:1 says something. While original Alien is delicate and smooth, the Notes in this just dont go well together. A very strong Bergamot with Tea Notes mixed with warm Heliotrope and Tiare. Serve me a hot chocolate and put some tea and bergamot in it- i wont like you for that!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I love the fine neroli in the opening....it smells very fresh and quite pleasant. Very strong at the opening...comes out charging and is noticeable .....after only 5 minutes that blast of heaven scent gives way for an astonishing gardenia smell that is definately the exotic tiare. This is the real wild scent of the white flowers that grows on the beach next to the hot sand on exotic islands. when I was a child I used to crush htell petals on my hands nad this bitter scent is what I smelled.....flowery and sweet but kinda bitter. It smells just like the salty sandy air that blows off the wild flowers on remote hideaway beaches. Seriously, it does. It becomes a skin scent within 5 minutes of spraying so I'm a little disappointed in that. Even if the skin scent is this amazing. It is a bit more than a skin scent but basically I feel this could not offend anyone after the opening. I can easily wear this to work and wear on a plane or wear to the movies....It couldn't possibly annoy anyone. I. In love with this,scent and will use every drop but I don't think it's strong enough. If they sell a lotion this would be worth purchasing. This would have to come with me to refresh every hour. It is very different and I love it but the soft scent I'm left with is not the scent that sprayed out. Going to spray my hair and bra too to see if it helps.

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

I'm reading the reviews of this & thinking to myself 'have I missed something' I tried this 3 times & I just don't like it. I can't pin point what it is that I don't like but it's just not for me. I'll stick to the origional & essence absolute, they're great scents

Estêvan George
Estêvan George

I've said it before and I must repeat it: Mugler is the great genius of world perfumery! His creations are perfect in all the ways, from the scent itself, until the bottles that seem to have been sculpted by hand with extreme delicacy, to get a fantastic final product!
Alien Eau Extraordinaire, on my skin, resembled so much the Alien EDT, which is already a "diluted" version of Alien EDP. It's clear the Mugler's intention: for the lovers of Alien EDP, who want to use it every day, independently of the heat that is doing, then he released lighter versions, but always keeping the pure soul of jasmine, to adapt to any season.
This new flanker is pretty cool, summer scent, as it has the lightness and softness of green tea, which united to the floral notes (jasmine predominate in me), make a scent so delightful, so charming and extremely addictive!
Needless to say that any version of Mugler's perfumes, however diluted it is, stays all day on skin, and this is one of the points that this brand won me!
The bottle is MAGNIFICENT!!! Flawless, millimetrically designed... a true work of art!
Besides hitting the fragrance and the bottle, Mugler also choose the right name of the fragrance, because Alien Eau Extraordinaire is really EXTRAORDINARY!!!
Hands up and applause the genius Mugler for another beautiful creation!

Patate3791
Patate3791

Very nice fragrance, i like it a lot ! It is warm and silky, it smells mostly of ambre et tiare flower, witch is delicious. It opens with a burst of bergamoth witch doesn't last long, unfortunatly. But it's very good anyway !

little elf
little elf

It's rare that a fragrance blows my mind, the last time that happened was several months ago. I usually grow to love perfumes, I don't usually fall head over heels at first sniff, but that is the case here. Granted, I'm a fan of alien and all it's flankers, so this wasn't a HUGE surprise but still-wow!!! It is a rather safe, wearable scent but it still manages to remain unique, complex, and breathtakingly beautiful. I was also surprised at the price, which is surprisingly reasonable for a Mugler perfume ($69.00 for 2 ounces at Sephora). If Alien Essence Absolue is perfect for cold nights, Extraordinaire is perfect for warm days. Fans of Alien MUST try this!

sparkybish
sparkybish

I was excited by the scent of this when I sprayed it on a test strip. The heliotrope, neroli, and tiare really stood out, and continued to after I sprayed it on my wrist. Sadly, the interesting aspects faded away in several hours, and I was left with the woody base note, which was underwhelming to me. I may try this sprayed on clothes to see how it fares, but for now, I am sad this beautiful bottle will not be joining my collection.

AuraeliaBee
AuraeliaBee

Got the mini version. I have mixed feelings about this one. I really like the skin scent, but the sillage scent is overwhelming and suffocating. Which is wierd because it's usually the other way around. The skin scent was pleasent and creamy, while the sillage scent was overly sweet and somewhat powdery. And I only put one tiny drop on my shoulder. I'm not one who can recognize specific notes so I can't pin point what it is.

I enjoyed the first 5 minutes, after that I'm either constantly gasping for air or sticking my nose to my skin where I applied it. Like it? Hate it? Let's just say I hate it, for the sake of mobility and being able to breath.

The sillage and longevity is great tho. I tried washing it off twice with water and it's still giving off sillage.

archivist
archivist

Tiare and Amber are best friends. In this scent they demonstrate their affinity and mutual understanding by balancing perfectly, like girls who have learned exactly where they need to sit on the teeter-totter in order to bring it into perfect equilibrium. This equilibrium - between levity and gravity, between light and dark, earthy and airy - is so perfectly accomplished that it produces an accord of peace. Peace which is not the absence of force, but the achievement of balance. It is lovely. I'd consider this perfume suitable for any season, an anytime-anywhere scent which is imminently wearable not because it is banal or bland but because it is so comfortable with itself.

pravda48
pravda48

The opening burst of candied bergamot is utterly delicious! I really wish it would stick around longer. Within a few minutes it dries down to the normal warm thick cloud I know as Alien: the Mugler DNA 'white amber' & cashmeran accords.

I really never have liked Alien, something about those 2 Mugler notes just kills it for me (something about that white amber of theirs that I read is made from grapefruit. How does one make amber from grapefruit? And what the hell is a 'solar accord' as in many of the Aliens?) Something about it reminds me of a powdered cleaning product (Ajax, maybe? It's been a while.)

With that said, this one's a bit better to me and I find myself craving those topnotes, wanting to reapply. I wonder if there's something I can layer it with that will preserve that opening scent I like so much? Either way, the fact that I'm wanting to pick up the bottle and sniff it every other day is a good sign... maybe it'll grow on me as Angel did. At the moment I don't know if I can say I like it, but I don't really really dislike it as I used to. It's interesting at least.

--Sillage: Goes without saying, but monstrous unless applied lightly
--Longevity: great, 7+hrs @2 sprays

[9.5.14]

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is so beautiful. It has the core of the original Alien but with wonderful freshness from the tea and bergamot. The cashmere wood base is creamy, creamy, creamy, but the whole thing remains fresh. It's a great Alien for summer! I'm so in love with my mom's bottle that I may be asking for one of my own for Christmas...we'll see!

Obssessed!
Obssessed!

This has a lovely fresher/citrusy touch to the original with the same sweet, musky, less spicy dry down. It makes you feel luminous.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I love original Alien so I'm always happy to try any of the flankers.
Anyway I had high expectations for this one but it seems to fall so flat on me.
It's a lovely fragrance but nothing outstanding.
What bothers me most is the citrus at the opening and it does not get any better.
It seems a bit watered down amber and heliotrope don't make it creamy enough for my likings.
Sillage is moderate longevity not too good

muneerah
muneerah

Disappointment ..too much citrus in the opining ..

mohammad.a.mohammad.180
mohammad.a.mohammad.180

العطر جميل جداً في قمة الروعة فواح وثابت جدا

claytron
claytron

Another hit for the house of Mugler! The original Alien and its flankers are very good but this one casts a monolithic shadow over all of them. Its that much better to my nose.
My GF got a sample of this as part of the Mugler addict program that we joined. And a very generous sample at that... This masterpiece opens with sharp neroli and bergamot which is really nice but it really shines about an hour through. The white amber and tea blend with the cashmere extremely well.
As a previous reviewer stated, it smells silky. Also dead sexy and sensuous! I will be buying a bottle of this for my beautiful GF.

Very smooth, charming fragrance. It reminds me of a silky scarf. Its gentle notes are incredibly pleasant all the time. Aliens' heaven.

Update: I've tested it again and I've fallen in love again, but... only with its top notes. They are totally lovely, citrus, fresh, angelic. Unfortunately, a bit later tiare flower, which is not my fav note, ruins it all!

ForrealMe2

after trying a sample i got to spray this..it smells just like alien...i don't see the point in buying this one

Jenny-Rebecca
Jenny-Rebecca

The top notes ignite a fresh citrusy overture of neroli and bergamot softened by tea leaves followed by beautiful tiare flowers and heliotrope.

The base is a sweet subtle warm amber that lingers. This is very different than the other Alien varieties with a fresh, sweet twist.

Fresh. Breathtaking. Elegant. Warm. Sensuous.

It lives up to its name--it really is extraordinary!

mrskk
mrskk

It's nice..a softer version of Alien.I smell tea on it's dry down. Longevity is not as strong as Alien, on me it's only lasted for 3 hours.

ginger68
ginger68

Luminous and elegant. I felt in love at first but when I dries down on my skin it doesn’t work. I’m disappointed, but it depends on me. The same goes to Alien. There is something strange in these fragrances.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I'm not a big fan of Alien (or Thierry Mugler fragrances in general for that matter) but I give it much respect as it really has a successful powerhouse character all of its own. However, my recent sampling of Eau Extraordinaire almost lead me to buy my first TM bottle right at the department store counter.

Eau Extraordinaire captivated me with its beautiful bright opening of bergamot and prominent floral tea. I find that neroli is as much featured as rich, heady tiare with its tropical nuances. Heliotrope provides an almond-caramel like overlay that I think amplifies that signature synthetic Alienesque quality. As much as I love heliotrope in perfumes, it's this distinct Alienaide that deters me from purchasing something so prominently recognizable. So rhetorically, does that make me a perfume snob?

Alienaide aside, Eau Extraordinaire finishes into a striking but cozy, ambery, floral beauty. Not overly strong and with refreshing notes, Eau Extraordinaire is a versatile choice for fans of the original Alien. For as much as Eau Premiere is touted as a woman's first Chanel No. 5, Eau Extraordinaire could be considered My First Alien.

I received a few samples, used them on multiple occasions and eventually decided that this Alien is a no-go for me. It's pleasant enough, nothing stinky, but it smells cheap and plasticky. I expected a good neroli and here it comes that abused "new" neroli. You can find that note everywhere and I'm not sure what it is but it's not real neroli.
A vague gardenia (mostly in the Ropion's way) gives more sense to this scent.
No love, no like, not even a dislike here.
Far from being anything extraordinair, this member of the neverending Alien's flankers family is a wearable one, not heavy but quite longlasting.
It's not disturbing, but for a fraction of price you will have a very similar vibe with Tesori d'Oriente Hammam in the black bottle.

jessbug
jessbug

The most wearable Alien I've ever tried.

Unlike the usual Thierry Mugler powerhouses, Eau Extraordinaire won't punch you in the nose repeatedly for 8-12 hours. On the one hand, that's nice for people whose noses are fragile. On the other hand, sillage and longevity don't come close to TM's Big Three.

I've tried wearing Angel, I've tried wearing Alien, I'm STILL (after more than two years!) trying to wear Alien Sunessence Or D'ambre, but most times I wear them, they overpower me and I feel beaten into submission by my perfume. This is especially unpleasant when it's hot out.

In comes Eau Extraordinare, with it's unassuming citrussy opening. It's a bit sharp at first, but when the bergamot calms down a beautiful floral accord takes center stage. Yes, this is clearly related to Alien's floral composition, but it's so much softer and less confrontational. Where Alien is the 35-40 year old career woman who knows who she is and what she wants, Eau Extraordinaire is her twenty year old cousin who is still finding her style, her words, her goal in life. Personally, I identify more with the latter right now, although I do hope to become the 'Alien woman' soon. (None of this is meant to put an age label on perfume, these fictional women are just who I imagine when thinking of these perfumes.)

Although I said sillage and longevity are not as phenomenal as TM's three main perfumes, Eau Extraordinaire still lasts longer than the average EdT. 6-7 hours on my skin easy, which is quite good for an EdT.

If you're looking for a summer Alien, one that won't scream 'ALIENNNN!!!!' but will whisper it softly in your ear every now and then, try this one!

sureyya
sureyya

sooo beeeaautifulll!!

Francop
Francop

A very Refreshing & Beautiful summer version of Alien where jasmine is replaced by tiare (gardenia).

The scent is perfect for summer day time...

The longevity is also very good.

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

what a disappointment, i rather like the summer versions of Alien though the "chic" ones are rather a little too light...this one however, on me, it is almost like no perfume at all! I wanted to love it, but i guess unless i spray my entire body on it i won't feel nothing but an idea of a smell i wish were there!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Really sophisticated. Perhaps the most sophisticated perfume I've smelled. I'd probably take this over the original because of the original's grapey accord.

Claudia Marin
Claudia Marin

Just received this as a gift. Absolutely beautiful! Highly recommend it if you want a lighter version of Alien, suitable for spring or summer. Eau Extraordinaire is floral, fresh and very sensual, a truly gorgeous floriental. It's not very strong but still detectable and it stays on for up to 6-8 hours. I just love it!

zfyreangel
zfyreangel

I sprayed this perfume on myself on a few occasions and "took it for a walk" before purchasing. I got it yesterday and am SO beyond thrilled I did. I only own one other Alien perfume and that is Alien Sunessence from 2009. I decided to spray the two on together and it is a match made in heaven for me!!

I've heard mixed reviews on the staying power of this perfume but I do have to say it lingers on my skin for quite a while (6+ hours) which is pretty amazing for an EDT. Sunessence is the same way. The combination of the tiare flower, amber, tea and bergamont give it a light but warm feeling that just makes me happy to the core. Sunessence is a little "heavier" to me because the vanilla adds a richer layer...so the two combined takes on a life of its own. While both are more than capable of standing alone...the combination is exquisite with my body chemistry.

dalmajen
dalmajen

I didn't think twice about purchasing this latest Alien version. In fact, I bought it blind, as I knew I would love it, when I read the notes. I realized it was An EDT, but knowing the strength of the original Alien, and how rich and long lasting the Essence Absolue is, I just assumed this would have a decent longevity. The notes are so harmonious, and they blend together so beautifully! The Tiara flower is the shining star in this fragrance. It has such a tropical feel to it, and matches so perfectly with the Neroli, tea, and orange blossom top notes. So fresh, but not ultra citrusy. A perfect fragrance for hot and sticky days. I would wear this all year round, with no qualms at all! But alas..the downside. It just doesn't last. Not even two hours. This may not be the problem for everyone, but for fragrance absorbing skin, it is so very fleeting! I was heartbroken when I realized how quickly it faded, but love it so much, I just have to re-apply often. This may be a plus for lovers of light and soft fragrances. This does not resemble the original Alien, as the Tiara flower is softer than the jasmine used InThe original Alien. The dry down is so lovely. A gorgeous soft heliotrope , with the most delicate of ambers. I am still thrilled to own this beauty, and still have high hopes for a better performance in the hotter months to come. But for the time being I will spray generous amounts, and re-apply as needed!

Aroussa
Aroussa

I have never before owned any one of the Alien fragrances. But I'm so happy I stopped in the store to give this one a whiff. Amazing!

When the flowers and bergamot become quiet, the base not are somehow magically combined to give off an almost oriental allure, which is delicious to smell.

Unfortunately, agree with the previous reviewers: the longevity is very short and nobody so far has noticed this Alien on me, except me... Bought a Travalo atomizer, filled it with this frag, and now spritzing myself every few hours... It's an extra-ordinaire opportunity to envelope myself in this fragrance, so I won't mind. The 60ml bottle will definitely run out!

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This is a very pretty perfume, but unfortunately has THE worst lasting power and projection on my skin. I have a 7ml decant and I accidentally always pour a little too much out every time I apply and it is barely there. It is pretty amazing that this scent has such poor projection given that it's from the house of Thierry Mugler and everything that I've ever tried from him has been an absolute bomb.
I don't think this is worth the price, given that it lasts shorter than Bath and Body Works/VS body sprays.
If you like the vein of the scent, you should try Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L'eau Exquise. That one is very similar to this but with a little bit better projection. Another one that kind of reminds me of this is Versace Vanitas, although that one is less sweet.

Classy82
Classy82

I bought this one today. The sales lady offered it to me when I told her I was searching for something fresh, but not sharp and not too green. I didn't expect much of it because I don't like the original Alien. In my opinion the original one is worn by too many people on which it doesn't match with their body chemistry at all (like in my case) and that had put me off a lot!
Anyway, this new edition Eau Extraordinaire suits me well, it does smell like the original one but without the heavy feeling. This being said I would recommend this to people who find the original one a bit too much, but stil like a classy long lastig and special fragrance.

Eirlys
Eirlys

To me this is a brighter, fresher version of the original Alien. There are some flankers out there that have nothing in common with the original, but Eau Extraodinaire can still remind me of Alien. This perfume is perfect for spring and summer, and if anyone found he original a bit too strong, this could make them change their mind about the Alien line of TM.

The longevity is about 5-6 hours, which is pretty decent for an EDT. At the 6th hour the scent becomes more fleeting, but it's still there. I think the floral notes in this could easily brighten my day when I wear it.

katmitchell
katmitchell

As much as I don't like to apply the term 'politically correct' to perfume, this is what this version of Alien is. Very pleasant summer scent, light floral and tea. Very likeable, but for that reason a bit faceless for TM, I would say. I've got a 1.2 ml tester and will be definitely using it this summer, but would not buy a bottle. Not enough character

amaraztavich

Very high quality, subduded and more refined, smoother version of alien. Very eligant chick, almost mistaken the scent for a hermes. And I will never tier of what looks like a middle eastern inspired bottle. Beauty is never boring ..ok,maybe sometimes, but not here

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

Eau Extraordinaire opens with fresh, zesty citrus and hints of bergamot. It is never pungent green in-your-face citrus that many "summer" flankers of fragrances tend to lean towards. Rather it is pleasant, with amber, jasmine, and gardenia balancing the bite of the citrus, making it approachable, and immediately wearable. Soon after we are reminded of the original Alien EDP, however its projection is no where near as enormous as the EDP famously (or notoriously, depending on your relationship with Alien) is known for.

Through the dry down, some citrus remains with light hints of lemon and orange (but again, never pungent) - however the Alien many have come to know and love is there with the amber continually adding warmth to the scent, with the florals remaining, as well as unique and pleasant hints of earl grey and subtle woods pulling though.

Certainly, this scent is no where near groundbreaking - especially from Thierry Mugler. However, the citrus elements along with the earl grey do make Alien very fresh and - as previously mentioned - very wearable. While this true, the sensuality and intriguing qualities of Alien still remain. Alien lovers know that the original EDP is a huge fragrance, a love it or hate it type of relationship. This flanker has allowed for Alien to be worn even on hot summer days, when doing so with the original EDP could be far too loud and pronounced. It has also allowed for those who were previously wary of Alien a chance to experience the scent's unique aroma in a lighter, fresher concoction.

In my opinion, this fragrance release of Eau Extraordinaire was a perfect way to make Alien wearable in higher heat or simply in situations where a less pronounced projection would be preferred, while still keeping Alien's incredible sensuality and beauty. With Eau Extraordinaire, Alien's devoted lovers should be pleased by its new fresh accents, while also offering itself to be loved by those who kept away before.

Jcnna
Jcnna

I LOVE the bottle! It something so beautiful.

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

Got a little 'wet wipe' sample in an Elle magazine. I was quite excited, since I love Alien.
This is, definitely, Alien... but it isn't as intense. It lacks the slightly obnoxious jasmine, replacing it with a more elegant, less in your face white flower. This would be good for warmer days, where the original Alien may be a bit too much, or if you just don't like the jasmine note in the original, but otherwise like the rest of the fragrance.
Also, there is a very subtle hint of citrus (which adds to the summery impression I get from this).
It is very pretty, very feminine.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This fragrance is not a limited edition , it is staying in the Alien line! I like it, it smells good. I have not added to my collection. I will though.

Cams
Cams

There is no doubt that this is Mugler, but this version of Alien just lacks the specialness of others that have come before. Its not bad though and worth trying.

Ouch!
Ouch!

A much more luminous version of Alien. I really like this!!

It should be called "Alien Lumiere" or something similar. It seems to still have a slight heaviness like the original, sweetness removed, tea and citruses added and something much more sour going on. This one has a bit more "bite" to it.

There is no mistaking this is "Alien" or one of it's thousand cousins, again I don't think it's MILES away from the other aliens but it is definitely something I would buy. The heart has had it's Sambac Jasmine replaced with Tiare so, still along the white floral line, but this is fresher.

The tea is giving this a zing and keeping it that bit lighter. I think for people that find the original alien too heavy, this could be a good move for you.

The florals are amped up but not in your face and when you hit the drier stages, it smooths out to something that's closer to the original alien.
It's an altogether more effervescent and bright Alien.

Why have they made this a refillable perfume when it's a limited edition? How fast can one really tear through Alien?

Anyway, I'm considering buying it!

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Alien Eau Extraordinaire opens like a lemon meringue pie: invigorating, sugary juicy lemon with aromatic bergamot and green tea mixed in, preventing it from being saccharine. This sweet citrus phase actually lasts quite some time, and upon spraying, it doesn't immediately remind me of Alien.

After about 1 hour, orange blossom and jasmine become more pronounced. Combined with the caracteristic wood and amber elements, Eau Extraordinaire does share a similar structure of Alien, but blurred by the prominent citrus elements, like a sparkling reflection of Alien in water.

In the late drydown, it's always the orange blossom that dominates, slightly honeyed, while the wood and amber are merely a hint, which rendered it more radiant than some other Alien flankers.

The sillage of Eau Extraordinaire is relatively soft but it keeps certain strength throughout its 11-hour longevity. Alien Eau Extraordinaire is not really extraordinary, but well excuted. I'd recommend it as a less ambery Alien. If you're looking for a versatile, all-year-round citrus floral fragrance, you may also want to give it a try.

beatrix75
beatrix75

The best Alien ever .Lemony green tea sweet sour perfect combination .I feel the amber too but in the sweet way ahhh i love and love to wear this frag by the way its long lasting strong power like an Alien!

zzMaja
zzMaja

Not a very sassy scent, too soft, too weak for me. If I hold my nose very close to my skin, I can pick up the scent from time to time throughout the day. If there is a very strong wind - I mean like a Chicago or Winnipeg type gust, I can smell it, but I like something with more punch to it.

amaraztavich

First l'artisan now mugler sends me not a sample but a smelly waxy thing...of which I can not smell anything on, or perhaps both perfumes houses are now so week that I simply cant smell them

oh well, I do love this house but maybe I'll just have to pass if they cant afford to send a real sample.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This is a good, no great frag, the opening to me is a little confusing the peppery spiciness clashes with the soft pear. However the soft sweet drydown is well worth the wait, however not sure if I will purchase just because I'm not sure I could deal with the paradoxical opening on a daily basis... and the expense haha

anna.023
anna.023

OH YES! Hello gorgeous, I'm SO glad that I'v found you!

I'm officially obsessed with my new found love for Alien flankers and with this one I really hit it off instantley!

It's EXACTLY what I'v been looking for this season. It's light, fresh, floral and a bit "crisp" but it still have the powerful carachter of Alien. So it's by no means a common spring perfume. I really love the mix of sweet bergamot, amber and the lovely tea note (I adore tea!). Most noticable on my skin was: 1 Jasmine, 2 Bergamot and 3 tea, followed by a hint of amber, giving it some depth and a deeper drydown? Sillage and lasting power are acceptable, a good projection and at least 3-4 hours.

It's a perfect choice for spring/summer, I always wanted a Alien flanker during summer but I couldn't really find one. I do NOT enjoy Aliens jasmine note when it's too cold and harsh, thank god that's not the case here! Halleluja, finally! I think in love! :)

This one now share's first place together with Alien AE and TOF.

butterbean
butterbean

FINALLY. A Mugler I like and can wear!

When I smelled and tested it in the store I thought. Hmm. that is really nice - not the typical ALIEN. I do smell jasminesque but its different, seemed more light, different, almost tropical. I liked it.

On the skin I smelled mandarin and bergamot first, then a very different tropical jasmine than is in the original Alien.
As it dried down the amber that makes Alien, Alien is more noticed (Yes, to me, the original Alien is a massive explosion of sweet jasmine that is quickly overtaken by MASSIVE amounts of syrupy thick sweet amber). This version - the amber is much much lighter - thank the good lord. I bought it.

I came home with my new bottle, and decided - oh I should look up the notes. HA! Well, what do you know - tiare flower, neroli and yes bergamot tea is in there too.

Tiare is also called tahitian gardenia. It has a jasmine like quality but its more like a tropical white flower more along the lines of a gardenia. The neroli gives it that mandarin like citrus feel along with bergamot tea. I love the combination of these notes.

And it couldn't be Alien without the quintessential white amber. Fortunately it is not heavy nor overpowering at all.

I think this is a GREAT flanker. I hope they will keep it around a while.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

I love this! Alien lovers will probably be disappointed by how light and weak it is, but Alien haters will rejoice in its wearability and freshness. This is what I was expecting when I first tried Alien Aqua Chic (instead, I got a weird, watery version of Alien- blech!). What I like about this version (vs aqua chic) is that it doesn't simply smell like a watered-down Alien. It's got a beautiful bergamot opening which makes it perfect for summer, and the florals, although still related to Alien, are more soft and subdued (but not just diluted). Out of all the Aliens, I find this the most wearable, and I'm really excited about it! I found the scent didn't last very long, but for an EDT, it was average in the sillage and longevity categories.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

I am not a fan of alien nor a fan of the house of TM. yet I try every new scent out there. This perfume is related to Alien, but the like a distant relative or a second second cousin, Alien is there, the sharpness, the edge and this cold synthetic jasmine note, but not in ur face like alien, really very soft and very refreshing, the staying power is great and sillage is ok.

its a little bit like Iris infusion of prada, it shares the same vibe, although not a fan of TM, i may actually consider this for hot dry summer. give it a shot.

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

I do like it. However, it is not the powerhouse that I'm used to seeing from Mugler. It is soft, a skin scent. It is very pleasant, and clearly related to Alien, but if you can't stand Alien because it's too ______., think about testing this. It is the softer, settled Alien.

matty64
matty64

I've read on a high end retail website that you are supposed to spray this in the air in front of you and walk through the mist, not to ever spray it directly on your skin. Hum, then how would your body's own chemistry react to and thus radiate the pyramids of the perfume?

Selo12394
Selo12394

This is my first experience with an Alien flanker and I'm very pleased with it. It still captures a whiff of that Alien formula while creating an entirely new edition suited for spring and summer. When first sprayed, its sillage is strong (and even made me cough), but it backs off and cools down for the rest of the scent. This is also my first experience with tiare, but I will say it doesn't make the fragrance smell like suntan lotion, nor does it make it sweet. Blended with the green tea, it's cool and sheer. But the citrus is not overpowering either, definitely not sharp, and no one should dare use this as a simple room freshener. It's too pretty for that. No single note overpowers the others, but they are all there, like a collective whisper in the background. I think this scent is very unique, and will appeal to a wider range of people than the original because it's a lot mellower. I can't really think of anything similar to really compare it to. But it's still a cousin of Alien! As it dries down, it retains much of that warm, woody amber base, albeit at a gentler eau de toilette strength. It's still mysterious, even a bit moody, and it still lasts several hours, though not overnight. Alien-haters will be pleasantly surprised at the change, but Alien-lovers will still find some of that formula that may interest them. I'm pleased with buying this, ready to dive even further into the world of Alien, and I think it's a wonderful choice to explore before the season's over.

ForrealMe2

i'm never usually am one to diss flankers because usually they smell very different but now this is a little bit too redundant because they all smell too similar i just can't find a reason to have multiple alien's..i was warned about their redundance by other fragrantican's but just like you i fell into the trap and bought absolue thinking it would be an all together different fragrance but after seeing how close alien liquor and absolue are i have stopped buying the flankers..you are just paying for a pretty bottle...there are soo many alien flankers that are cheaper now and smell similar there is no need to pay the higher prices...what is clarins doing...? they should be focusing on how to keep this name great with more unique mugler fragrances..i am starting to wonder if the empire of mugler is over once thierry left?

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

I have only smelled this once on paper, it made me think of lemon meringue pie, don't know how it smelled like that after looking on here and seeing the notes in it!
Fresh rather than sweet pie

HB-C
HB-C

Very much like Alien EDT but slightly fresher, don't think I could wear it on a very warm day as I think it would be too much but I do really like it.

reborn
reborn

same old good Alien,nothing new .!Wont buy it ,it is almost the same like all flankers

bluemel
bluemel

best alien bottle

I love it! Although there are many flankers to Alien, Eau Extraordinaire manages to have its own character, I don't find it to be like the Aqua chic, which I didnt care for.. Extraordinaire starts off with a punch , like the original Alien, then goes through a green phase, with hints of tea, then the neroli and tiare blend in beautifully, to create a really nice scent, the heliotrope is present, giving a bit of a powdery vibe..in a strange way for a few seconds, the Mugler reminds me of YSL Manifesto, with a cloud of powder.. In my views nothing in common with Flowerbomb .
The longevity is decent, I like it a lot, it is a greener fresher version of Alien..

sammyseven89
sammyseven89

Not particularly unique. Very, very floral and a bit spicy.

I've never smelled Alien (that I know of) but I've always been intrigued by it's description as a really unusual and 'out there' perfume. I'd still like to give it a try but if it's similar to this I feel I'll be disappointed.

Sadly the longer I have it on the less I like it, I feel like it would be much more suited to an elderly lady.

*Edit* I finally tested Alien and I don't like it, so this was probably doomed to fail for me.

jovejove

There is no heliotrope in the fragrance and no green tea. It's bergamot tea and neroli on the opening, tiare flower in the heart (which is a type of gardenia from the pacific), and the base notes are cashmeran wood and white amber. The white amber is an accord created using white grapefruit. The only ingredient that's the same is the cashmeran wood. The ingredients chosen still resemble the same DNA as the classic, but it's a completely different scent. This is more of a sheer bright beauty scent.

The bottle is in the shape of a Marquise cut gem, with 55 facets if I remember correctly, which was initially designed by Louis the XIV for his mistress. The inspiration was her lips.

kay0981
kay0981

I am quite amazed with the Alien flankers. There are so many of them out there, and it's really hard to keep track of the new releases. Each and every one of them bears resemblance to the original Alien, but at the same time, they are all different. The jasmine always smells somewhat familiar, but every flanker interprets it in a different way, bringing something new to the table.

With Eau Extraordinaire, Thierry Mugler brings forward a lighter, more refreshing version of the original Alien. If I really had to compare it to another Alien flanker, I'd probably say it shares the most similarities with the Acqua Chic edition, but the two are still quite different from each other. The jasmine here is very toned down in comparison to the previous Alien releases, but that doesn't mean it smells watered-down! It's still very rich, and well-developed; but it feels quite light and sunny; enriched with warm, refreshing notes of bergamot and green tea. There is also the familiar amber note, which reminds me of that in Alien Essence Absolue, but not as sweet. In fact, the amber here feels quite dry, but still warm, wrapped in silky cashmere and white florals.

I really enjoy this fragrance, and I think it's a must-have for any Alien lover. Personally, I prefer the vanilla-based, sweeter interpretations of Alien (such as Essence Absolue and Liquer de Parfum), but I can really appreciate Eau Extraordinaire, and I think that many Alien fans will fall in love with it. I'd also recommend it to anyone who finds the original Alien too heavy, but still enjoys light jasmine fragrances, such as Elie Saab (particularly the EDT). Good job Mugler :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Lily2911
Lily2911

This is a must have for sprink and summger time. I am doomed to only like flankers of Alien, I love all the flankers like the amazing Absolue Essence and I even prefer the EDT than the original EDP version. Eau Extraordinaire is very different, it has kept the same Alien DNA but everything what I hate on Alien, the sharpness, the incredible blast of Jasmin overload is all gone and instead, you get an amazing harmony of soft flowers and that warm amber.. The fact that it reminds me to my beloved Absolue in which amber is a key note, says much about the wonderful dry down of Eau. It has not a high longevity but that is not so bad for summer time.
Thierry Mugler house did it again, they succeeded to launch another beauty without betraying the DNA of the initial Alien. Most perfume houses are compromising a lot of creativity and qualioty by launching lousy flankers but Thierry Mugler is really the execptionn, they succeed to launch new perfumes which are often better than the original ones. Highly reommended

estheroutenaar
estheroutenaar

Yes i got it today! This is the softest, most floral version of Alien so far. It's still very much Alien i think, but added is a very present neroli. The amber is much tamed down, but softly lingering in the background. Between a lot a lot of flankers for summer and winter, this feels like the one for all year round daytime. I like it very much!

blueviolet
blueviolet

I always felt that Alien was a bit to intense on the dry down for me. It just never suited me despite the fact that I liked the idea of it. When I tested this one it I did appreciate the lightness and that it still smells like Alien. It isn't wishy washy light,it is Alien light. Still quite deep and well rounded. It still doesn't suit my skin, which I'm quite disappointed about.It does however suit my girlfriend and I think I know what to get her for her birthday! The sale assistant sprayed some on her the other day and I couldn't stop sniffing her all day! Lovely!

beccamm

I've finally received my sample and I have to say I'm not overly impressed. It is Alien through and through although a lighter version and agree its quite similar to Sunessence. Another fragrance where the notes all sound perfect but the reality it isn't how I imagined which was something quite different to the original.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Sadly, everyone must try before they buy. I have this and for me it smells like a light citrusy alien with a lovely sweet dry down although not too sweet. I have flowerbomb which I love, which to me is not like this at all. I'm also not keen on Ellie Saab, but I love this. Thisis definitely a keeper for me and I'm chuffed my bottle is refillable. It also comes with a cute candle for free on the Thierry Mugler website. I love Mugler and for me this is beautiful. Luminous Alien is the way to go.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Oh wow! Not what I was expecting at all! Quick testing this on a paper strip as well as the back of my hand. The opening is divine, both on paper and on skin. I swear I can smell jasmine (yes I know there is none) and citrus, in fact, the opening reminds me of Alien Sunessence. It smells very much like a sweet jasmine tea with lemon. Shortly afterwards the citrus notes disappear from my skin (shame oh shame) and sweetness (from amber) comes through and lingers on for a while. On the paper strip however, the citrus remains dominant, together with the tiare flower for hours. On my skin, citrus is gone in minutes and lovely comforting sweet amber with tiare slowly vanishes within 2-3 hours. What a terrible pity cause I really really like it and could be easily persuaded to part with my hard earned dosh.
This one is definitely for re-testing.

beccamm

I'm about to blind buy this but am so confused by the comments with it being compared to Elie Saab EDT (the notes are so different) and Flowerbomb which I dislike and is way too sweet for me. I was really hoping for something different, can anyone else whose tried it, she'd some light?!

bfrosty
bfrosty

I definitely get the tea note in the mixture and agree with leboblue about several points. This is warmer than the chics and is also quickly becoming my favorite of the Alien flankers. It is an EDT but performs like an average EDP on my skin. I think the bottle is gorgeous and it is refillable like most of it's brethren. Not sure how this compares to 'fbomb' and I probably won't ever know because I remember vividly disliking it the two times I tried it, but Eau Extraordinare? It's a keeper.

leboblue
leboblue

I'm on an Alien binge lately and this is by far my favorite. Has an alien beginning but soon turns into a soft close to the skin ( if u can believe that) fresh musky scent. I assume swopping out the jasmine for the terre flower softens it. When compared with the two Aqua chic's it's warmer. While I'm on the subject of the AC's, the 2012 with the ginger note is kinder than the 2013 with the citrus note.

nadiadncr

When you first spray it it smells like a mix of Alien Aqua Chic and a lighter version of Alien. After about 15-20mins it turns into FlowerBomb like another reviewer said. If you have those perfumes getting Alien eau Extraordinaire is futile. I have to return it because I hate Flowerbomb even though I own it and never wear it. I already have Aqua Chic so I'm covered. Lasting power is pretty good for eau de toilette but nothing extraordinary.

fortheloveofperfumes
fortheloveofperfumes

Cant wait to try this one!!

nadiadncr

I just blind bought it today from mugler's website. I only have to make one correction to the fragrantica site. According to Mugler's website this is an EDT not an EDP. I hope it smells amazing I will give a review once I receive it.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

i'm so lucky to have a 90 ml bottle like gift from this morning...till today i liked only the shower gel by all the Alien range.this gem is so Alien and so NOT-Alien on his special way that make me smile all day!!!

jovejove

It's completely different! I smelled it today and if I were to blind sniff it, I would not have guessed it was an Alien flanker. It reminded me a lot of Elie Saab EDT, but with a prominent green tea note. Smells very good and is refreshing. I sprayed it on my left wrist, but sprayed several different fragrances at the same time in other areas on my arms, so it got a bit lost in comparison to the other scents. It's very feminine, delicate and casual.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Oh come on Mugler it's a flanker every few months! You get us hooked on one and then churn out another. I for one haven't got £50 to throw around on a new version every five minutes

louisminaj
louisminaj

Really looking forward to this fragrance, love all the Alien flankers! Thierry mugler will never fail to amaze us!

muncierobson
muncierobson

Tiare (gardenia from Tahiti) replaces jasmine here so I'm sure the scent will keep the 'alien' (intoxicating white floral) DNA.... Excited about this.. Fresh and sparkling for Spring to contrast the rich, woody, spicy (and fantastic!) 'essence absolue' flanker?

I'm sure sillage and longevity will still be strong!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

So cute and lovely colors. Seems like it is a mix of Flowerbomb and Alien according to the notes.

almarie
almarie

I have a few of the Alien flankers as well as the eau de toilette version on Alien. I am so excited for this one,too!