Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Alien Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women

Alien Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Alien Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Fragrant talisman Thierry Mugler Alien arrives in a new package and with new fragrant notes. It is announced by Goddess of the Sun dressed in golden clothes, seductive and powerful, giving shiny light to all women who choose it. The unusual aura it radiates glows from the heart of the gem designed like a palace from a fairy-tale.

The new Alien Eau de Toilette 2009 is the fourth in the line of Alien editions. The first version was presented in 2005, followed by two summer, limited editions, Eau Luminescente and Sunessence. The new Alien has the same flacon as summer edition and it arrives as amethyst crystal. Its energy and purity reflects on smooth surfaces, presenting the purest and the lightest notes of the composition.

Top notes of Alien Eau de Toilette 2009 bring us mandarin essences which tingle and wrap the aura just like sunlight of Mugler's goddess. Bitter accords of citruses’ skin improve luminousness and freshness of the composition. A heart is dominated by Moroccan jasmine with intensive notes of white flowers. This combination of floral essences gives a precious and feminine tact to the fragrance. Its base is composed of white amber, which adds a modern nuance, mixed with Cashmeran accords, leaving a seductive and sensual trace on the skin.

Goddess of the Sun which presents this edition is dressed in golden clothes with an airy veil. Her face is decorated with golden make-up and golden eyelashes which attract attention leaving an impression of radiant light.

Alien Eau de Toilette 2009 arrives as 30 and 60 ml EDT in September 2009.

Mandarin Orange Citruses

Sacrifice for Her

Alien Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Synryo
Synryo

This is the original Aliens shy sister; she's soft, light, and feminine where the original is bold and seductive. Though arguably this one is seductive too, in its own right. You can tell they're related, but the EDT manages to portray a different personality despite containing many of the same notes from the original. In this rendition they're toned down a bit and given a fresh, even sparkling twist. For those who find the EDP to be a bit much, or want an Alien for more subtle occasions, this is definitely worth a try.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

The Review box for Alien edp does not work so I'll compare both edp and edt here. Alien edp shows more jasmine and stronger amber and musk. There is something akin to bug spray in thick sweet oil that turns me away from edp yet I am compelled to sniff my wrist. I am intrigued but I would not wear it. Edp has strong sillage about two feet and leaves a trail. On me, after two hours, all that I detect is warmed massage oil with musk. Not much florals especially jasmine. My skin chemistry may be different than yours.

Edt has more citrus and more watered down amber and musk. I can see a division between supporters of edp and edt. Edt is more wearable in a conservative office. I would be more likely to wear edt but I feel the whole point of the uniqueness of Alien is lost if I don't choose edp. The bug-spray note though…no.

One spray on me:
Sillage: three feet with a trail
Longevity: three hours then soft one-foot sillage afterwards
Rating: 2/5 for edp, 3/5 for edt

Adiro
Adiro

This is truly lovely! I never liked Alien edp, it is just suffocating and poisonous on my skin! Too much of everything, too popular, too "manmade" synthetics and dare I say too expensive, for what it is!
But the edt is so pretty, it's a very natural jasmine, it has a freshness that is not aldehydic but citrussy, , it has a sweetness that is not sacharine but honey, and a feminity that is both young and elegant at the same time! The sillage and lasting life are only moderate on me, but enough to take me through the day and make it sunny and happy!

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Love it. I love the edp of Alien but find it a bit too much to wear every day, to the office etc. This version is perfect, very similar but with added citrus and flowers, a little more feminine, classic in its own right. Love <3

Chloebelle95
Chloebelle95

Wow, this scent is very popular. I recently tried it and I realized I've smelled it on many people already. Anyway, the opening is like a burst of jasmine. It's a projection and sillage monster. I took a shower and it was still there after it. It's floral, sweet and powdery at the same time. It kind of reminds me of Ange ou Demon by Givenchy. They don't smell similar, but they have the same 'vibe' (or style, you know?). Chances are if you like one of them you'll probably like the other.

It's not my cup of tea though. I think it's just...too much. And it's powdery, so it really annoys me. Not for me.

Shivana
Shivana

This is a stunningly beautiful fragrance. Pure creamy sweet floral on my skin.

I bought this EDT version of the fragance about two months ago, a small little bottle to sample before dipping in to buy a larger bottle.

This is a unique fragrance, with a strong signature note that I know I would recognise on anyone else wearing it. It is a truely beautiful fragrance. So... why don't I like it?

I have to thank this fragrance for teaching me a great lesson in what I love about perfumes.

I love complexity. I love a fragrance that tells a story through it's different notes.

As beautiful as it is, Alien EDT does not do this for me. After a hour or so, I just find myself wanting to smell something different.

If you love Jasmine, and love creamy and unique scents this one could be for you. It just lacks an evolution of subtle notes which I enjoy in wearing perfume.

magrathea17
magrathea17

simply HEAVENLY. jasmine is my all-time favourite note and this is a masterpiece in its simplicity combined with quality. what´s more - no vanilla! too good to be true
not sure if I can dare to go for EDP when I´m just 22, but I guess I´ll risk that :)

glassjules
glassjules

Santa hubby bought me this fragrance and I am thrilled. I had the edp on my list originally, and then me and hubby went to smell the edt and both agreed it was a little lighter eight the citrus and retained the basic alien fragrance, I love it! My only complaint is that it is definitely not as long lasting as alien on me. So therefore, I need to get the alien edp as well don't you think?

Rux2589
Rux2589

I wouldn't say that Alien is incredibly unique, but it does have something that makes it very easy to recognize. Every other day I walk by a person wearing this perfume, it's like having good ol' faith screaming at me to buy it.

The EDT version has a surprising silage and staying power. Classy, slightly bitter. I think it's perfect for everyday wear and formal occasions alike, and at a reasonably good price.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers ,
I wasn't enchanted by this so called "innovative" fragrance by Mugler. With a title that screamed brave and different,lets not forget a lot of money being put in for the advertisement in paper and on t.v that looked like a preview for a SCFI movie than a perfume, I figured why not go try this ?, and yes I did and my experience wasn't but "extraordinary " nor "out of this world" with the Alien invasion . The scent is rather common powdery sandalwood and musky vanilla, I could not capture the "unique" jasmine from the atlas mountains as the sales perfumer was informing me of its rich notes . For me the Alien has failed to thrill me with its so called exoticism and turned out to be a ordinary female perfume that can be confused with the cookie cutters scent that abound our fine department stores. For me this belongs in the category of perfumes that belongs to the trendy and fickle at heart types. Not worth your money if your seeking quality .

njaalgahaisyeini
njaalgahaisyeini

I agree with StellaXYH: This is very similar to the EdP but not quite as heavy. However some of the jasmine is still discernible on my wrist after 4 hours?? I think this will be a close contender with Alien EdP for the most worn fragrance, and goes straight on top of my must buy list.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Alien EDT and EDP smells quite alike as both have prominent jasmine. However, the amber in the EDT seems to be less heavy. I didn't get much acidity from citrus. But the the whole composition smells more green than EDP. EDT to my nose, smells more like a floral fragrance.

Both the sillage and the intensity are weaker than EDP, which is not necessarily a bad thing as EDP is really strong. The longevity is around 8 hours. Overall a sheerer Alien, a good alternative for those that find EDP too aggressive.

armo.gulliani
armo.gulliani

I like it!

fllorre
fllorre

I 100% agreee with genny17. To me, also, this is better than EDP, and surprisingly, it has the same lasting power on my skin. The drydown of EDT is softer and more intimate, as opposed to EDP, which is kind of loud, at least for me. I absolutely love Alien EDT, much better than EDP.

morphineblues
morphineblues

Okay this was dissapointing..
Don't get me wrong , it doesn't have a bad smell or anything.
I heard and read so much about this perfume and finally today i tested it.

It was jasmine, jasmine and more jasmine. Very strong jasmine. That's it.
After hours i could catch other notes too but jasmine was keep intervening, and not letting to enjoy other notes .
Even name and bottle doesn't match with the smell i believe. I was expecting something different, maybe little disturbing but not this..
I wouldn't spent money on this. I would go and buy much much more cheaper perfume which smell jasmine in other words exactly like this.

This is very nice, and to me nicer than EDP really, I find EDP a bit heady, the jasmine in EDT is pretty, rich, and mixes real nicely with the amber, this isn't heady but quite intense, very nice that it doesn't disappear after 20 mn also. A nice rich scent, that is still pretty, and unique.

sky74
sky74

This is absolutely HEAVEN, from start to finish. The beggining is beautiful jasmine which stays until the most amazing delicious amber in the drydown. Want it badly!

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

Did anyone mention that it's quite loud? And quite sweet? Quite nice actually, but not for me. Perhaps for younger women, or for those who wish to be noticed primarily for their amazing looks... On my skin I smell fruit, especially berries, and vanilla. Am I such an amateur or are these notes really there?

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

My relationship with TM Alien began some years ago when I received a small sample of Alien EDP in a department store and I fell in love with this intriguing scent.

Alien has excellent longevity in both the EDP and EDT. On the initial spray of the EDT I get fresh citrus which develops into a warm salty/sweet scent. I would consider this to be a scent for all seasons due to the fresh citrus notes - perfect for summer and the warm amber which is ideal in the colder months.

I must admit that I'm struggling to love the EDT in the same way as the EDP. I need to accept the EDT on its own terms and give it the respect it deserves because it's a rather complex scent with true character.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Someone please help me, I'm in love with an alien...

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I love this scent! It's so feminine! Beautiful white floral bouquet on a bed of woody notes. This is a fabulous fragrance! Too bad I only discovered it so late... shame on me! LOL
It's longevity and sillage are more than excellent for an edt!
~ L O V E ~ ♥

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

**Please Note** This review is for Alien EdP in the deep purple bottle. For some strange reason I can't post my review in the right thread. So I decided to post it here under the EdT since they both are very alike.

************
Alien EdP
I am a bit late to this Alien party, every time I tested it I smelled something different but was never really feeling the *vibe* - sitting on the fence and never invested in a full bottle I was endlessly contemplating until three days ago, when the decision was made for me; I was gifted a big bottle of the original Alien, the wonderful bottle looking magical with its intriguingly shaped purple flacon complete with gold detailing and 'alien' writing. *Hmmm*

Hard to believe there are only so few notes in it, since on my chemistry and to my nose it has a lot of different faces. It is (among many other things) reminiscent of Lady Million minus the very sweet honey and spicy lemon. A more elegant Lady Million, I would say. A Lady Million for all those that like the core vibe of her, but shy away from some of her notes that can be disastrous on some chemistries.

I also get licorice and berries and--of course--wood notes...lots of woodsy notes that are bathing in a jasmine bath and use berries as a snack. Its odd I know! Perhaps that's why its called Alien? It can play just a few notes yet manages to create a multi faceted (scent) sound. And leaves you wondering how many other notes are REALLY hiding in this flacon, that looks like it was left by the mother-ship to tempt and tease us to pick it up and spread its many scent experiences over the galaxy of olfactory!

On me it's an elegant, smooth and woodsy scent with a jasmine bouquet and a berry & licorice vibe that is familiar yet still manages to be its own scent. Suitable for all occasions, even the office if you are careful not to apply too much! I still don't know if I would have purchased it myself, yet am wearing and enjoying it as an unexpected gift. Perhaps it will grow on me enough to assimilate me into the matrix of real fans, or perhaps I am too earthbound to ever feel like leaving Terra-Firma. In either case, it's fun and I am looking forward to smell what other olfactory surprises this Alien will reveal to me!

Silage is: space wood bathing in jasmine, grown on the Moon and eating berries from Mars. - Longevity is: suitable for a deep space mission: 6+ hours and still counting down.

If you're one of the few people that hasn't sampled this yet, go and take your nose to this mysterious flacon that will not be containing what you think.
Enjoy! : )

Encre_Noire
Encre_Noire

For a deeper woody accord, go with the EDP. The EDT it's woody, especially in the dry-down, but it's a wet wood.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I love the EDP, especially the woody accord, so I was wondering if you can still smell that woody-smoky-incence-like aura in the EDT.

Can anyone help me, here? Thank you!

Chrisocd
Chrisocd

A light, lovely scent, probably my favourite perfume to wear. The EDP was too strong for me especially in the opening and when initially sprayed on. For me Alien EDT provides a subtle, less is more kind of approach floral in my collection. It is lovely in the winter months, however I believe it is best worn in autumn. The scent is lively when first applied to dry down to a warm, comforting vanilla-amber. The end result is a close to your skin, relaxing fragrance as if flowers are gently caressing your body. It lasts for about 5-7 hours on my skin, longer on my wrists (8-10h) with moderate to low sillage. A very mature, alluring, and unusal scent overall.
9.0/10.0 If only It projected a little better. If Projection is what you're looking for the EDP is your better bet.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

For me this is definitely not a perfume for winter or cold days. I get a lot jasmine and jasmine only. It's cold one almost give me freezing feeling. I tried to wear it couple of times during the winter but it just doesn't work. It's like i inhale jasmine ice scream scent. It's not soft and comforting perfume. It screams quite loud - look here i am. Then i tried it at my work (warm environment) and it was absolutely nice and very different which soft amber - woody edges. Just like Womanity it will be my early spring/summer fragrance. It last ages on me but it doesn't change from the first spray until the dry down. So not really complicated one for me but very noticeable.

hss93
hss93

it's a very good perfume but i its better to buy the EDP, i bought the EDT because i found that the EDP too strong was. It doesnt last on my skin i don't smell it

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I tried the EDP in the store, and somehow ended up with the EDT. I preferred the EdP more. Although they are similar, they do take different paths. Sadly though, I'm not loving this. It's nice, fresh and floral. Sorta like grape juice at first like the one reviewer said at first. But it really is a floral. On me it lasted long, about 5 hours and could still smell it on me in the morning. Very potent for an EDT. I can see how this works wonderful on some. I guess I'm stuck over there in the Guerlain Department. This is going up for auction. Bye bye Alien, it was nice to meet you. Parting isn't such a sweet sorrow with you. If you can try them both, one on each arm and you'll find them similar but also different. From the same family but they run in different crowds!

dina
dina

I already have the edp and find it almost identical to the edt with only a single difference: some citrus on the top notes that fade away very quickly (edt).
If one day, for some reason, I won't be able to find the edp in my market, I would definitely buy this one though my first choice goes to the edp.

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

GRAPE! DELICIOUS GRAPE!
That's almost all that I get from Alien eau de toilettebesides a slightly warm, vanilla note underneath and soft, white florals. First spritz is a delightful blast of grape soda. Almost mouth watering. I love it so much.

In mood
In mood

It's a nice citrus and jasmine perfume but the longevity is really bad in comparison with Alien EDP. After 2 hours it simply dissapears from my skin. However, it stays longer on my hair and clothes.

perfumequeen2
perfumequeen2

this scent is simply delicious, its a unique scent to me because i usually go for fruity, fruity floral, fruity gourmand,sweet scents.

was introduced to this perfume by my friend kaelan who suggested i try the edp version unfortunately the store only had the edt.

i am in love with this perfume, i get a calming effect, all the negative vibes just bounces off me when i am wearing this. so thank u kaelan.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I received a 6ml mini as a gift when I purchased the EDP ALIEN and as similar as they are, there is a quite difference. The EDT emphasizes on the citrus notes whereas the flowers are prominent in the EDP. The EDT is actually very potent so I think that one spray max would suffice as with the original.

Honestly, I didn't like the EDT at all.
I wanted to used up the mini but I had to give it away to a friend because I was afraid that it will ruin the original for me.

I suggest that before buying you test the EDT on one arm and the EDP on the other to see what "journey" you prefer.

JSC
JSC

I went to the store today specifically to try the alien edt...the edp is on my birthday wish list but I just wanted to make sure and try the edt out.

Well I am glad I did...it is sharp loses the almost creamness of the edp...loses the magic that is Alien...the edt is so not as special..missing some key elements.

I put it on about 2 hours ago...my wrist faintly smells..more floral..not like alien...crappy lasting power.

annajurgenson
annajurgenson

Don't like smelling it on ppl and don't care for it on me..and i love an original Angel..but this is too sharp and too heavy..no elegance at all..sorry

LaPetite
LaPetite

If I think that Angel EDT is not true to the spirit of Angel EDP , Alien EDT is true to Alien EDP's spirit !
It's just lighter and fresher , as expected for an EDT .
I really love it , it's a true tribute to Jasmine , one of my favorite notes ever .
It's a very elegant and mysterious scent and already a classic , like most Muglers !

siying.hong

I have previously added a review.

Now after using it for a few weeks and gathering enough observation, i have to say the the jasmine note is more and more prominent to my nose, which i am glad about.

That said, woody notes are still as prominent too. So all in all, it is a beautiful fusion of jasmine and woody notes. i think both complemented each other very well, that gives the scent depth and mystery.

To me, this is a sexy fragrance. not to the extent of dirty sexy but a classy women who is confident and sure of herself - that makes her sexy in her way. This scent is definitely for one who holds his/her head up, chest out.

In addition, i dun get the soft vanilla as the drydown anymore. the drydown to me would still the jasmine and woody notes, but more toned down.

jan17
jan17

An E.T unexpected and lovely, one of the pleasant surprises of perfumery in a deliciously soft version, Alien is an engaging and sensual scent, the bottom of the exit, Jasmine appears surprisingly, the amber kisses graciously skin, a long kiss, which remains on the skin noticeably but nothing that can harm, who feels not resist, and is not to be apathetic to this weird and wonderful!

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Unique!

siying.hong

Just purchased this miniature yesterday in fear of not having a matching body chemistry that suits the scent. Anw i am happy (:
The fragrance opens with sharp woody notes. i dun get the citrus part. i think the initial part of the edgy phase.
then jasmine notes joins the woody ones and gave rise to a very mysterious and alluring scent. Many have saht that Alien is a true jasmine scent.
However, i have to really focus my mind to detect the jasmine notes. perhaps it is due to the presence of woody notes that make the jasmine notes not as prominent.
The drydown is a light, soft vanilla, in my opinion.

Really excited about this mini bottle of elixir. if my body proves that it has good body chemistry with the frag, i would def get Alien edp.
provided edp smells the same as edt. well anw, i gotta try that edp out too before i know. for now. i am really happy with my purchase!
Thanks Fragrantica for opening up my eyes to such beautiful scents.

I put my drinks up for Mugler.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I have a 2.0 oz bottle 95/100 filled up for swap check my profile or msg. me for details, can provide pic, thnx! :) (USA)

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

İ am sooooooo sorry that this is one of the most popular scents. Everyone knows it even guys! İts so unfair. İ like it, yes, and i do recommend it if you like strong feminine scents.

Arodis
Arodis

It is suitable for disco (in the best sense). Festive and feminine, but dynamic. Young, but not too much.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Very pretty and unique!!

I own both the EDT and EDP, I can't pick which I prefer. I like them both equally.
This is citrus fresh Alien, much lighter and softer than the EDP. Think I'll probably wear this alot in summer.
Lasting power and sillage is very good, beautiful bottle too.

BritXOX
BritXOX

I used to strongly dislike it. I don't know if there was any other scent I hated as much at the time!

That all changed a couple weeks ago, when I came across Alien Aqua Chic, and I was amazed by the fact that I actually LIKED it!

So I ended up buying this, Alien EDT, because I was pleased with it. There is something that I can't explain yet. Right now, I can say that it's a strong, long lasting feminine scent!

I wear it in the morning and it lasts almost all day. During the day it comes a little softer. Very good longevity!

I can see now why people love it and I think we have another classic here, since it's on so many want-lists!

theprophetblog
theprophetblog

I absolutely LOVE this!

It smells divine. It's an enticing floral with a unique twist.

I'm a guy, 24, and I took my female friend fragrance shopping with me. I don't like overly masculine scents, and I like to own a nice mixture of women's and men's fragrances. She didn't think this was too feminine for me, and I agree. I think men can get away with wearing this. I opted for the toilette because I was afraid that the parume might be too heavy and floral for a guy, but I love this so much that I think I might try the EDP when my EDT runs out.

This is definitely my new favorite fragrance! Just wish it lasted longer though :( The lastability is quite poor in my opinion, but the scent is to die for.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Love,love,love!
I already have Angel Innocent as one of my favorite fall/winter perfumes, but wanted to find one from the Thierry Mugler line that I also could use during the summer.
I received a sample, Alien Edp, but felt it was somewhat too heavy/strong for my taste. After reading some of the reviews, I decided to order the Edt and I'm so glad I did.
Yes, it is very similar to Alien Edp, but in my opinion so even nicer: much softer but still beautiful. I love the Jasmine, that is a little lighter than in the Edp. The drydown is nothing but wonderful: very feminine, a little bit dry/woody and even more soft/sweet and "ambery".
If I have to find something that is not PERFECT, I'd have to say that the Edp has better lasting power, but that is often to be expected from an Edp.
I have only had this INCREDIBLE perfume for one single day, but I am truly impressed. Reading the positive reviews, made me have high expectations. Granted, the Edp version is strong and beautiful and does demand attention, but the Edt deserves equal credit i think. Dressed up, ready for a party, I would just spritz a little more generously.
Yes, I have found another favorite. I am very pleased and if nothing else, I smell really,really great!!:)

tosu
tosu

My big love is Alien EDP but i must say that i love this one to, it still has the jasmine i love but softer and lighter than the EDP. I also smell moore Wood and fresh citruses in the edt.
For me it's a lighter, fresher moore summerlike Alien, but still just wounderful

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a truly mood lifter . so bright happy , clean . this is a lighter take to the edp . i little more woody, a little brighter . The mysteri i feal when i wear Edp isent as prominant in this . this is more off a day time scent. Summer take if youd like.
I love this so much , I cant realy pick a fav off the edt and edp. they are different , but just as lovely the bouth off them
I would add that the body lotion Alien is tuly a masterpice aswell last all day long on my skin..
This perfume to me is somthing you can wear at any time .and you will get compliments one it . so so special and beautiful

If i am to put a picture on the different take off this edp and edt . i would say that edp is a mysterios queen . a strong woman whit a big warm and loving aura. a bit off a temptres . shure off here self and the power she has.. a

The princess is edt . A smiling young genouros lady. whit a big heart. happy , joyfull and giving. not as shy and mysterios as the queen . but still just as beautiful and loved :)

caydesugar
caydesugar

yay! i finally got a chance to try this 'fume out! i was a bit scared to try it out at first though because i thought i'd hate the scent but i just couldn't resist the lovely bottle! and my, i'm really glad i tried this! it smells divine! i'm not good at picking up scents (hopefully i'll get better in time!) but i definitely don't smell any dirt?? it's just wonderful :)

i don't think it's that unique but it's a nice scent :)

katemcq
katemcq

There is something slightly intense and exciting about this one. At first, I didn't even like it: powdery and metallic/dirty, and a bit itchy to the nose. But luckily I gave it a second try and in a short time, the warm, cozy amber and citrus bloomed, and little breezes of the florals came out. Really nice!

goodcupoftea
goodcupoftea

its a beautiful wonderful frangance, much better and klassier as original Alien, which is too heavy and too sweet with too much jasmin. It smells of white flowers, a bit of jasmin and even vanilla? Mmmmm, very delicious and sexy.

laantjebanaantje

I've been wearing this fragrance for nearly a month now and my love for it keeps growing.
I can detect the notes very clearly now.
At first, I get this huge blast of sweet, dry, sharp jasmine. Some time later the citrusses join the game, softening the sharpness of the jasmine.
After an hour or so ALIEN EDT becomes very woody. To my nose it smells like the stump of a cut down tree bathing in sunlight.
It really smells like sunlit, somehow caramelized wood. I did not even know this specific scent existed, but that is exactly what I smell.
In the final stages there is soft amber and sweet, buttery vanilla. Very skinlike and gentle.

I no longer think this fragrance is alien. It smells like no other fragrance I have ever smelled, so in that way it might be alien. But if it did come from another planet, it would be from an exact copy of our Earth.

ALIEN EDT smells like summer. It is such a joyful fragrance. Not exactly happy, but majesticly joyful.
It's summer, but not a "beach-like" summer, nor a summer's eve.
No, ALIEN EDT smells like the countryside (but without the farms and animals and manure) during an incredibly hot day.
Dry hay and wood, together with some green freshness, it makes me long for summer.
The only sad thing is that wearing this during such a hot day would probably kill anyone within a five mile radius.

laantjebanaantje

When I first heard the name ALIEN, I pictured the kind of aliens with advanced technology and worlds full of steel and robots. So I thought ALIEN might smell of metal, chemicals and interstellar dust (whatever that might smell like). Then I saw the notes and I figured it might be something very synthetic, but still very nice, judging by the reviews.

Today I finally got a chance to test it.
The aliens of metal and wheels transformed into the most serene, peaceful and close-to-nature creatures I ever imagined. They are simple beings. They have advanced technology, but they know how important trees and nature are for life and use their technology to make nature prosper. Their world is a green one.

To me, ALIEN smells like patchouli would smell on this alien planet. It somehow feels like patchouli, without actually smelling like it. It's very dry, but every now and then I get a whiff of fresh-creamy jasmin.

It's what fantasy elves would smell like. The blond Tolkien kind, not the ones with wings. Ethereal, but still down to earth.

ALIEN is a dreamy fragrance (and I don't mean innocent dreams of romance, but dreams of other worlds, other possibilities, greater powers). I can't put its beauty in words.
I can't even detect seperate notes. I can only say that I think the EDP and EDT are quite alike, though the EDP is way stronger and slightly sharper and greener. The EDT is creamier and disappears quicker.

Though I do realize that the brilliance of creating an amazingly complex fragrance with only three notes is lost here and I have to admit, the final stages of the EDP drydown are absolutely magnificent, I still prefer the EDT (that's why I wrote this review in the section for the EDT, in stead of underneath the original).
The EDP drydown is creamy and sweet and just to die for, but I can't wear a fragrance for its drydown, when I think the opening is too sharp to wear on a daily basis.
The EDT is lighter, fresher and not as sharp in the opening as the EDP (not as magnificent in the drydown either, sadly). And it's a lot cheaper as well (wich is quite important, considering the fact that I am going to wear this a lot, and I will probably want a second and a third bottle).

By the way, I LOVE Thierry Mugler for his approach to parfume packaging and bathlines.
He is one of the only designers who has included deodorant roll-ons in his bathline (which, by the way, smells amazing too, of jasmine, honey and wood).

Ah Mr. Mugler, thank you for this gem you brought back from your mental journeys through space.

kasslee
kasslee

I really didn't expect to like this one, but it's amazing! I find it hard to describe the scent but its so ethereal & mysterious.

It's a very strong, intense jasmine but with a kind of sweetness behind it, a tiny bit 'fresher' than the original EDP, with a little citrusy twist. Intoxicating and addictive.

The sillage and longevity are excellent (so apply sparingly)

I absolutely adore this scent, I think it's now one of my favourites.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

The original EDP is way too heavy for me. But I found this EDT much lighter and wearable. There is still a strongly powdery opening but I like the citrus notes in this one. The middle and dry down are mild flowers and amber, where the powdery notes are almost gone. Sprayed on my hair, there is a hit of vanilla at the end. Lasting is good, I can smell it the second day when I wash my hair.

This one, or I would say the Alien series, or I say all the TM's release is not popular in my area. Generally, I mean generally they are too bold and too cutting-edge for Asian pepole to enjoy. I've used out a bottle of 30ml, I think I may not repurchase.

mmmmsamy
mmmmsamy

I bought a mini version of this and it was love at first sniff. This smells beeeauuutiful! The jasmine and white flowers are balanced so nicely. I was worried that Alien might be too overpowering but it is just lovely.

raquelcosta
raquelcosta

i think i'm gonna buy it

the fragance is beautiful....and it has very good sillage and longevity.
i only sprayed at my wrists and my husband was still feeling it on me after 3-4h (the day was extremely hot). i washed my wrists with soap and the fragance was still there.

the only reason i'm not quite sure on buying it, is because i got a horrible headache the same day i tried the perfume.

i'm pretty sure the headache has nothing to do with alien (i forgot to take my medicine on time) but i'll have to try again on another day to feel sure on buying it.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I became obsessed with trying this perfume. You know how that happens? Something snags your attention, a bottle, a review, a trail of scent in the air. So finally I got a bottle of the EDT. (I've never tried the EDP.)

Truthfully at first, I was like, "Why would someone want to wear something named ALIEN??" Kind of how I outright object to anything that has the word "juicy" in it. But now I find there is something compelling about the whole thing, and I adore the little 1 ounce Alien that houses the juice. Tho the blond ethreal models are the antithesis of myself, who is all shades of dark colors.

I actually find this to be a simple fragrance, and the whole 'purple' concept is so stamped in my mind that ALIEN EDT reminds me of rich purple flowers, rather than heady sweet white flowers. ALIEN is mostly a rich floral, with a hint of amber underneath and a bit of orange in the top notes. The only wood notes I detect are those of the abstract variety.

Two sprays is enough to last for hours, and the sillage is pretty good. Actually I wore this to work the other day (which I won't do again--this is a bit too much to wear to a workplace like mine) and myself and a coworker were taking xrays on a shih tzu. I was holding the dog, and she remarked, "You know this dog's feet never touch the ground, because he just smells like fancy people hold him all day. He smells like rich perfume."

I just smiled, and didn't suggest that it was probably me that was wearing the 'rich perfume.' But it was a nice comment noneless.

So, Alient EDT--good enough for shih tzus held by rich, fancy people.

ritacatita
ritacatita

A softer and lighter version of the original, freshen up with imperceptible citrus notes, they presence is felt only because they bring down the strong notes of jasmine and woods so characteristic at original Alien. Maybe appropriate for those who cannot stand the jasmine blast of original Alien, or prefer a lighter summer version. Although, it is not like a summer version because those summer flankers have more distinguished notes of fruits and others flowers at their composition. In this composition, they are there to soften the all composition, not to make a statement. It is more a diluted Alien. The staying power does not equal is processor, fades away after a few hours, on skin (on clothes, it persists). I Love the original and all his summer flankers. This one, I only do not like the staying power, it vanishes in the air. But, the smell is an adorable version of my precious Alien.

Blessed
Blessed

just unique and creative
7.5/10

tiffanykimwagner

I can smell musk in the dry down, but it is not listed as one of the note?? Could I be wrong about my smell senses??

tiffanykimwagner

This smells exactly like the EDP and it lasts just as long..

VioletDark
VioletDark

I tried this out at the Mall when you spary it smells great but as it dries I got a vapor like smell on my skin? WAY to Alien for me but, the staying power is good. It is a very unique perfume!

Hamano_Chiaki
Hamano_Chiaki

I absolutely love it in the beginning and in the middle. But after about 3-4 hours i think it smells almost like a fur of some animal on me, maybe it's the combination of amber and cashmeran... I prefer spaying it on my clothes when the top and middle notes last longer.

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

I like it,but I won`t buy it.It`s too comersial,EDP version too and also the price is high for me.But that is my opinion,that doesn`t change the fact that this parfum is actually really great and the bottle is very beautiful.Alien EDT has great staying power on me,I can smell it all day long.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

I am madly in love with the EDP version but this one is quite wonderful too! I would say that this is only somewhat "lighter" than the EDP. It packs a punch for an EDT but would be a better choice for the spring and summer months because of the citrus notes in it! Just a FEW sprays!

***An even better choice for spring and summer would be the Alien Sunessence EDT Legere! That one is very lemony and delicious.

melimelo
melimelo

this perfume mark it's own personality in perfume history

ameeba
ameeba

For me this perfume works best when I wear it on my hair! On my skin all I get is a little bit of jasmine and a very heavy amber and that weird cashmeran note that makes me wanna wash it away.

However, on my hair the citrusy, jasmine and white flower notes won't disappear instantly. The amber and cashmeran are there too but not as overwhelming as on my skin.

marad
marad

What's that?! Is it a magic elixir?! Long story with that fragrance: first time I smelled it on a friend and I was amazed by its intense and wonderful smell. When I tested it on my skin it felt like headache. Then once again I asked another friend what her wonderful perfum was and she confessed it was ''alien''. I thought it was a winter fragrance but not suitable for me. Finally, this summer on a very hot day I smelled it on a third friend and I realized that I have to buy it finally. And here it is but I only spay it once or twice!!! I love it!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Undoubtedly Thierry Mugler has accomplished great success in perfume industry. Love it or hate it discussions dwelled around Angel and Alien are endless.
I personally dislike them both. Big time.

Out of space EDT invader in light purple suit is definitely more wearable than original. For that are deserved beautiful opening mandarin notes which differ it from original heavy construction. And though EDT dives in middle and base notes similar to EDP, manages to keep airy floral breath and gentle musky base.

Strength and longevity of this woody floral EDT edition are remarkable. Think it would be nice spring/ autumn choice for those who like Euphoria, Code or Insolence. Not bad.

This fragrance is obviously a lighter and fresher version of Alien. It is far more wearable in the warmer months than the original and it has a little more sweetness in my opinion.

The jasmine in Alien EDT is almost watery, whereas the EDP was much richer and more floral. I can't detect the citrus opening in the EDT either, however the mandarin orange, which is the only fruit I can smell in Alien EDT, tends to be subtle and sweet.

For some people they'll find this version of Alien much more wearable. In all honesty I agree, however I ultimately prefer the original because it seems to have more character and uniqueness.

The amber in the drydown is very soft. The overall impression I found was that Alien EDT was intended to be more feminine and inoffensive, in other words, more appealing to those that disliked the original Alien.

The lasting strength is moderate, lasting around four to five hours on the skin. I do recommend this fragrance, however if you own and love the original Alien, I don't see the point in purchasing the EDT too.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

It smells exactly the same just a little bit lighter but it still stays on for a very long time, I barely sprayed it on top of my hand and I washed my hands later on when I got home and I can still smell it.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

*HATE* the EDT...~LOVE~ the EDP.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Thanks to dear c3c, I have a chance to compare side by side EDP and EDT versions of Alien.

It starts with an interesting and pleasing combination of jasmine and orange. An unlikely combination, perhaps, but a very nice one. Later it becomes jasmine, somewhat sweet, a tad ambery, and it stays that way for at least 4 hours -- a nice staying power for EDT given that I dabbed pretty lightly!

Alien EDT is Alien's EDP little sister, just as it should be. EDT is perfect for daytime wear since it's lighter than EDP and is not as sweet. I like them both. I can see that someone would find EDT more wearable than EDP. I love EDP, but I like EDT as well. It is the same quality sweet ambery jasmine.

epiano
epiano

It smells like mothballs on my skin. It just doesn't work for me, it's very overpowering, and it's all I can think of as soon as I apply:(. Beautiful bottle though!

luz
luz

Similar to the original one. The edp is a masterpiece, but I prefer this one... it is more wearable.

guest_LOVE
guest_LOVE

I love this scent! It is hot sexy edible, and luscious. Need I say more.. Just put it on baby. And Its a done deal. I don't know whats in it. And Frankly I don't care. But its is a real turn on.
SEXY> FRESH> SEXY> UNIQUE> and JUST PLAIN FRICKEN HOT IS ALL I CAN SAY.
I FOUND IT AT SAXS BH. AND IT CHANGE MY LIFE IN AND OUT OF THE BEDROOM.. LOVE IT!

amelie
amelie

I must admit that I am not one of the fans of Thierry Mugler, but I fell in love. Almost every TM was a shade stronger olfactive experience for me, but this is really good! Fragrant notes are quite different from EdP, but the strength is almost the same as the EdP. The percentage of perfume extract is slightly decreased compared to the EdP.
Tender and seductive at the same time, warm and rich, lasts for hours and retains all the sweetness. Opening with fresh citrus and mandarin orange make this fragrance quite different from the EdP. Amber gives an irresistible warm tone that is felt around you as the finest velvet, probably cashmeran adds some too.
The fragrance is as passionate as EdP and especially desirable in combination with cream or lotion for the body. Somewhat reminded me of Lou Lou by Cacharel, which I have long loved, but was always a shade too strong for me, Alien EdT has everything I asked of Lou Lou. Beautiful and not even a little weak, this is lovely modern winter fragrance. Deserves to be as famous as his older brother Alien EdP. Those who worship EdP will continue to be in love with it and maybe less like EdT. I prefer Alien EdT.
This is not a light version of the EdP, but completely different. Although at the first moment it seems that these two smell very similar, EdT has a soft touch, while EdP openly shows its power. To me this is a perfect performance in a woody oriental scent.

Silvery
Silvery

I'm going to be short: The original one is better. It's like Alien's shadow. Alien's character resides in her powerful jasmine sweetness, and in her incomparable woody drydown. I know that it's an Eau the Toilette version and it's supposed to be lighter and more wearable, so Alien's strongness was reduced. But after smelling Alien, this perfume isn't very interesting for me (I'm a bit partial too, because the original one is one of my favourites). Maybe if I smelled this one first...

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I love alien edp and this is identical but lighter.I prefer staying with the edp but this one is great too.And the bottle is so pretty,very nice shiny purple much prettier color then the edp.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

Finally found it today at debenhams! only £27 for 30ml.

Onto the fragrance. My friend always used to wear the eau de parfum Alien and she would wear so much of if it was overpowering, plus the opening note always reminded me of petrol or rubber or something like that, but once it dried down it was a very unique, sensual, woody kind of fragrance on her.

Now this is a whole other ballgame, whoever said this is identical to the eau de parfum has to be out of their minds! It opens with the same notes of the original, but it doesnt have that cloying overpowering note at the beginning, still has all the other amazing notes, but it has been replaced with a juicer fruitier note and the drydown is definately alot creamier and floral rather than the heady jasmine note of the original. Od recommend this to people who love the Alien fragrance but find it too overpowering. Let's just say this is Alien Light because its just perfect, it's what Pure Malt & Pure Coffee done for A*Men.

Boettie
Boettie

Onlangs verliefd geworden op Alien. Inmiddels de Alien EDP en Sunessence in mijn bezit. Na een proefje Alien EDT word ik morgen de trotse bezitter van deze laatste versie.

Bij mijn weten bevat een EDP procentueel meer geurstoffen dan een EDT maar zijn de geurstoffen wel hetzelfde. Wellicht wil TM zich hierin ook onderscheiden aangezien Alien EDT geen lichtere versie is van Alien EDP maar een iets andere geur. Ik vind ze allemaal even HEERLIJK !

swedeangel
swedeangel

I wanna love it , i do.. I find it exiting , intriguing ,but i just cant wear it.
Its too strong,too sweet ,to much of everything ,and actually very synthetic. The jasmine makes my gums itch,it can sure give you migraine - but a part of me thinks its great .
A bit like poison on speed .

Alien Eau de Toilette by Thierry Mugler 4.10 out of 5 based on 498 ratings and 84 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Alien Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Alien Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alien Eau de Toilette by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alien Eau de Toilette by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.