Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women

Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

smoky
Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Essence Absolue Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Thierry Mugler adds another edition to the Alien perfume collection (founded with the original Alien from 2005), Alien Essence Absolue, in summer 2012. The new fragrance is described as richly intense, sensual, deep and mysterious.

The composition is developed by Pierre Aulas from accords of white jasmine flowers, orris root, animalistic black vanilla pod, incense, myrrh, white amber and cashmere wood.

The bottle design is inspired by the classic Alien bottled style and gold drops used as talismans in the Orient.

Alien Essence Absolue is available as 30 and 60 ml Eau de Parfum Intense and a refill of 60 ml.

Jasmine

Gardenia No 41

Alien Essence Absolue Fragrance Reviews

LetThereBeMe
LetThereBeMe

Wow! This is a beast of a scent.

It opens with a roar, carries itself with pride, doesn't care for others opinions and owns it's space, with a healthy dollop of "eat out the palm of my hand" sweetness on the side.

It should in fact be called the essence of a lioness. Fierce and proud, with a loud purr.

On my skin, the dry down is incredibly similar to Givenchy Ange ou Demon.

@jenniferlincoln

I adore this fragrance. I tried to make Alein & Alien Aqua work on me with no luck, I'm thrilled this one came through! This is the kind of scent that you live for. I also purchased the leather version and I like this one better. I also think they are so close you really only need to buy one or the other. There's not a single thing that I dislike about it. It has all of the spicy vanilla goodness that you crave for cooler weather and on this version the jasmine is just right. It is long lasting with heavy sillage, but with a fragrance this dense and amazing, heavy works.

Andorsia
Andorsia

It was a coincidence I found this gem. I was in the store smelling perfumes like it was my job or something trying to find something special. I'm always looking for that signature material. But I knew what I didn't like, and that was anything with Thierry Mugler on it. Or so I thought. My past experiences told me that they just don't work, Angel just turned weird on me and Alien was like plastic and I felt it was a bit strange. Not my cup of tea. This was years ago.

When someone in the store sprayed this on a strip and asked me how I liked it, without knowing what it was, I just had to have it. I got it and I love it, I almost dismissed it. Now I have the original Alien and I'm in love. I feel like I've been missing out.

This is amazing by the way.

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

I love the Original Alien...I call it the Original sin. People always ask what im wearing whenever im on it. Never got to like all the other flankers...until BOOM!!! Here comes Alien Essence Absolue. I love it!!!!!!! Almost as much as my original sin. An expensive 60ml juice worth every 100dollars I paid for. The only difference from the original has got to be the light flowery notes playing therein and the balmy peppery drydown. The original Alien fragrance remains....and I love it.

Just go ahead and buy it. You will love it. Even if you don't like Alien, you will like this. If you did love Alien, you will still love this junior.

babyF
babyF

This one makes me feel like a million dollars with diamonds on top.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I AM IN LOVE! I recently reviewed Van Cleef and Arpels Orchidee Vanille and I said that it was possibly the best vanilla perfume that I owned, well let me make a definitive statement: Thierry Mugler's Alien Essence Absolue IS THE BEST VANILLA PERFUME THAT I OWN! Simply an incredible creation! Bravo!!!

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Wow! This juice is straight-up nose candy, there's no qualms about that... I won't touch too much on notes, just my impressions. If Tom Ford`s Tobacco Vanille received a much needed update with some minor tweaks and was moved just one more wrung up on the olfactory pleasure ladder, you'd have Alien Essence Absolue. If Givenchy`s `vintage` Pi was removed of all it's cloying synthetics and put through the refinery fire, you'd have Alien Essence Absolue. Honestly, this juice is ridiculously fabulous and is right up there with high end niche perfumes. It's very dense and complex which behaves more along the lines of an Extrait than a Parfum, and I haven't come across a perfume that's this freakin` gorgeous in quite some time. On my Male skin I get very little Jasmine, just a thick and resinous cloud of Vanilla Beans, Myrrh, Incense and Amber which does create the olfactory illusion of sweet and sticky Tobacco, and my God is it intoxicating! This is one of those once in a great while perfumes that frankly, broke the damn mold, and I really don't even see Alien Essence Absolue as a flanker, because in my perfume snobbed up brain, this anomaly of a perfume is in a league all it's own, and I can only imagine how much more fantastic this juice operates in cold weather...

dkny27
dkny27

This scent is a powerhouse of powdery, smoky vanilla and amber...
There is nothing subtle about this scent... Nothing!

I also get an anise note (which I believe to be the orris root), something confectionary but not tooth aching sweet... Just mouth watering, like a Christmas cookie with spice...

This lasts for over 12 hours without any re-app. and the sillage makes me feel like I've got a cloud of heavenly warmth around me....

It's a must try for anyone remotely interested in Oriental Woody Vanilla's.....

takeasniff

I see calyx93 has struck again! It is he who is too sensitive and cannot "Appreciate" the use of MANNERS. I agree with you seaside:) I can understand what you were trying to say. I have this one and while it is a lovely perfume it is very strong. Many times people mention in a review about the way spraying a particular perfume lightly affects the way it settles and I have to agree. Or, their experience with a particular perfume meant they found it very strong and perhaps one light spray is all that is needed as apposed to some perfumes which need a lot of sprays to be noticed. It has nothing to do with being able to "Appreciate" perfume!

When I spray too much of this one it seems to ruin it. If a light spray, slightly away from my wrist then it settles nicely.

Anosmic
Anosmic

I have only smelled this from a tester strip a few times and at least early on it smells to me like the best vanilla root beer float I'd ever be able to drink.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Oh my what an addictive scent!

I can almost get a menthol/mint/fennel note from this that I cannot place. Sharp, honeyed sweetness with a warmth that would suit any time of year

Very impressed with longevity, and sillage is monstrous!

I much prefer this to the original Alien in the purple flacon.

seaside

Granted I'm new here, but I thought that we each had every right to review a perfume as we see fit. My "suggestion" to wearers of this scent was really meant in more of a figurative sense; it was a way of emphasizing my opinion of this perfume.

If someone wants to take me to task, I'd suggest that the private message function is the better way to go.

seaside

I may be one of a few or maybe even the only one who came to this fragrance with no preconceptions because I had only had a one-whiff experience with Alien and none with of any of its flankers.

I was intrigued by all the comments that this one is more wearable. If that's the case, then Alien itself would probably knock me out.

Seriously, this anise-concoction made me ill. And my husband didn't fare too well either. He finally asked me to try scrub it off. I had sprayed only twice on one wrist.

Just a word of caution to anyone who finds her or himself in my situation: This perfume scoffs at a mere scrubbing; you have to take a full-blown shower and even then hope that time will work its magic.

If you love this scent, please wear it lightly because it is one monster of a fragrance in terms of sillage and longevity, and not everyone around you may share your opinion.

Elianne
Elianne

Is wonderful, thow I never thought I will like a perfume like that, intoxicateing,feminine...so glad I bought it...is in my top 7 now :)
Great silage also

Scentmad
Scentmad

I tried this for the first time at the weekend - a free squirt in a department store and then wondered around shopping waiting for it to bloom on my skin. All I can say is WOWZERS. This is gorgeous, unusual and really compelling. So I decided to buy some only to find it was out of stock, gutted. Thanks to TM's website though I have a bottle winging its way to me as I type and I cannot wait!

Well balanced with "just enough" of an unconfortable edge to draw me in, I love this perfume, it's odd and for me that is a good sign. It has a very sweet opening note that is almost syrupy and then it unfolds into the key notes of musk, vanilla - (admittedly still sweet but countered by incense), amber and wood shavings. Yummy.

dogmom

AMDs44, thanks for clearing that up.

Well, now I will have two bottles... no harm done!

AMDs44

@Luna Morena I believe this is not a limited release. It is a permanent flanker of Alien. TM limited editions usually aren't refillable (Absolue bottles are refillable and you can get 60 ml refills of it).

@Dogmom Alien Essence Absolue is Eau de Parfum Intense.

I hope I cleared things up :)

dogmom

Since I read it is a limited edition, and instantly got worried (I blame Fragrantica for my addiction!) I went to the Mugler website: what they are offering is an "Intense" version, which is not in Fragrantica...
Anyone has experience ?
I will....

luna morena
luna morena

This is the most beautiful and really outstanding fragrance I've smelled in years and it has become my signature perfume. All the notes are so perfect and rounded and it smells like some otherwordly elixir, expensive of course. I have received the most compliments wearing this one. But I am curios whether it is limited edition or permanent flanker? Does anyone know, please??

orelevon
orelevon

@chailatte - similar to something made by Avon? you must be tripping; this smells expensive.

raunchy
raunchy

It is one of my best friend signature. Smells good!!! Great Last!!

Gingercat77

As this is a limited edition fragrance, and one of my all time favourites, I just bought one of the last bottles online. The idea of not smelling it again is too much to bear. If you love this as much as I do then quick, grab a bottle before they are all gone for good!

galaxy86
galaxy86

I was not a happy thierry mugler shopper. I did not like angel a lot and neither was I a fan of alien. But I have just sampled both so cant really say that I hate them. But when I sampled this one, I instantly fell in love with it. It is gorgeous sunny and rich perfume. It is perfect blend of notes. It is at top of my next buy's list... Love it!!!

aderesse
aderesse

Thierry Mugler, I loves you. ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE is a gorgeous perfume. I tried many attempts to like the original Alien, however something in it kept giving me a headache. I dislike floral perfumes for this reason. The jasmine in Essence Absolue is intertwined beautifully with the other notes. It is refined, smooth, rich, sweet and sexy. It has a depth that is lacking in Alien's sharp composition.

What an interesting designer who is constantly taking groundbreaking risks. I'm so excited to see what the future holds. Although I'm a later bloomer to Thierry Mugler perfumes, the House of Mugler is my Absolue favorite! *-*

goldiloks
goldiloks

Love the original, even though it is a sillage monster and and a massive headache in a bottle....

This version is still undoubtedly Alien, but just wait...... wait.....wait for it.....mmmmmmm! The dry down is utterly delicious. Warm ambery caramel vanilla, which does it's best to overpower the jasmine, but that note never really disappears, and always lingers to tease your nose and use its shaman-like powers to make sure a headache is never far away.

I love you Alien, and you too jasmine, but my poor head is aching, and I just can't handle you. I'm the same with Jasmine Noir. What is it with these beautifully crafted but unbearably painful fragrances?? It's pleasure and pain.

Alien and vanilla lovers, this one is for you. But make sure you carry a good supply of ibuprofen with you!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

My favourite version of Alien. This is a better take on an already quality perfume.

The jasmine in the original Alien is fuller-force, more abrasive and evokes grape. Alien Eau Extraordinaire almost has a patchouli accord at times (without actually containing patchouli). Those two cast a spotlight on the presence of their wearer, announcing a diva, and only a select few with the "right" chemistry can wear them.

Essence Absolue is softer, friendlier, more cozy-ambery and ultimately sexier. It's a safer bet than big hitters like Opium, Crystal Noir and Mon Jasmin Noir. This vanilla-amber-incense fusion has a gourmand note that will please lovers across the board more than an exotic spicy accord can. Essence Absolue has an angel-light, enchanting accord that evokes shards of light. A more "accessible" alternative to Guerlain Idylle.

Great sillage and good lasting ability.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

This is VERRY SWEET and a little bit heavy so is for night! Actually smells like the original one, but this is sweeter.
It is complex, feminine and elegant.
If you spray too much, you will risk to get headaches!So in summer is the worst idea!

loonad
loonad

i am wearing this perfume tonight and it is so caramelly so sensual that i feel like drowning in it completely.this is a very sexy version and a very well rounded version of the original which is a bit harsh and cold to my taste.i find this one to be a real work of art-too bad it is a limited edition.

Joeann
Joeann

I like the original Alien: Strong and sexy, but this one on me smells like something burnt. like some old dried wood is sat on fire. the smell just got more and more intense, so i ended up whipping it off or tried to at least.

really wanted to like it... Not this time.

JaclynS
JaclynS

I love this perfume, so much. Even more than the Alien I first fell for, perhaps. This scent is so warm and lovely thanks to the luscious vanilla and amber. I would recommend it to anyone who is a Mugler fan.

NikiS
NikiS

MMMMMMMMMMMMM. Beautiful fragrances. Jasmin and vanilla. Great!

shasta
shasta

Must acquire this! Great reviews everyone!

Aeris

This is the best flanker from any perfume line! I like it better than even the original Alien (which is a masterpiece as well). Absolue is just so warm and sensual...a beautiful mix of vanilla, Amber, cashmere, Jasmine, and insense...plus that undescribable Solar Accord note! It's one of those rare spiritual perfumes. Was the recipe acquired from a parallel universe where extraterrestrial sages from the future gave away their secret to creating an aura of nirvana? This is not of this earth and time era I swear. Why can't this be a permanent fixture in the Mugler line??? I'm in love. Words fail me. Apologies for not being able to verbalize just how much of a masterpiece this is. You know how some people get emotional over very well done paintings? Well this fragrance is a work of art worthy of tears of happiness. I can't let myself get too attached unfortunately. The last of the bottles are being circulated on eBay and a few other sites, but soon this will be a relic that no longer graces this earth :(

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

Absolue opens with a rich hit of vanilla, jasmine and spice - overwhelming to say the least. The spice accord reminds me ever so slightly of nutmeg and cinnamon, but soon settles to an apparent note of myrrh which recalls something of a medicinal nature that attempts to overshadow the thick vanilla. Shimmering and seductive incense becomes apparent, achieving the very warm spice aspect of Absolue.

Soon accompanying these elements is a large dose of warm amber and (for me at least) notes of light tuberose and lily. The tuberose soon settles until it reaches a state of simply a "white floral" which plays in the background of the spice, jasmine, and the always present vanilla and amber.

As the dry down continues, woody components lend themselves to Essence Absolue and it settles into a warm, spiced vanilla. The elements of jasmine and amber remain, keeping the nature of the original EDP intact. Absolue becomes less assaulting and more floral, but nonetheless enticing with each note fighting for the spotlight as it assigns itself closer to the skin. After hours and hours of wear (and trust me there certainly will be many hours!) at the very end of its time on the skin, Essence Absolue reaches a very faint vanilla and almond mixture. Finally, the scent retires from the luxurious spicy aura its wearer has come to know.

This fragrance is huge, definitely the boldest and most interesting Alien I have experienced so far. In my opinion, this is certainly a winter scent, against crisp cool air Absolue would soar with its unapologetic sweep of grandeur. Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue takes no prisoners, but could very easily garner new suitors and wooers to those who dare to douse themselves in its seductive potion.

kikinha

Unique that becomes Lou Lou by Cacharel at dry down... I immediately went back to my 12s when I used to have LouLou..

anchors_away86
anchors_away86

I have always loved the original alien, i wear it daily and have done for years. I never thoght i would say this but i think i prefer this one over the original! Still very jasmine smelling and warm but the vanilla makes it really creamy smelling.
100% LOVE this perfume i highly recommend you try it :))

happycapybara
happycapybara

I wholeheartedly concur with all of the other glowing reviews about this amazing scent!!!

Alien Essence Absolue has become my new favorite for 2014. This scent is perfectly gorgeous, both my daughter and husband agreed that it smelled great. Husband's words, "Really nice" (with that eyebrow up look, which doesn't sound like much, but is ALOT), and my daughter, "So pretty Mommy!" Really nice when we all agree...

Alien lovers, this is Alien with a wonderful twist. Smooth, creamy vanilla and amber take it to the next level of sensuality but yet accessible sweetness. It is luxurious and distinctive. It is worth the price, truly.

Downright DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL.

Sillage and longevity 10/10.

Gingercat77

I got a full size bottle of this today after trying a small sample and i can honestly say it is an incredibly beautiful perfume ( with a hefty price tag to match!).
However, i feel it is totally worth the money. Im not an expert in identifying the individual notes in the scent, but it is one of those perfumes that makes you say "wow" when you spray it and keep putting your wrist to your nose to get another whiff of its spicy loveliness.
On first spritz you can really smell the jasmine but unlike the original Alien ( which i also have) this has a warmer spicier drydown and at the very end it has a beautiful mellow vanilla depth quite similar to Hypnotic poison.
My husband went wild over it and kept coming over to sniff me during the day, saying "ahhhhhhh!" When he took a sniff!
I actually bought the refill bottle because it was cheaper and decanted some into my purse spray. The gold drop bottle with the sprayer is pretty but i didnt fancy paying an extra £20 for it alone.
All in all i would say this is an beautifully crafted, sensual, luxurious scent. It makes me feel special when i wear it.

louisminaj
louisminaj

As a massive Theirry Mugler fan, I was shocked to find that I was not fond of the original Alien, I found that it was too cold and medicinal smelling, but when I found this one in the duty free, I just could not pass it by!

This one still has that very sharp Jasmine burst, but the vanilla in this is just perfect. It adds a very opulant, deep, rich smell that is very addictive. The Mhyyr is very peculiar, it adds a very warm smell but it is also spicy, but not in the typical spicy way, its a distinct, original spice, which is fantastic. The smell is just divine and you can definintly smell the money in this fragrance! (It is VERY expensive)

As it is Thierry Mugler, the lasting power and sillage is amazing, this lasts a awfully long time and the progression as it wears is beautiful! I simply can not fault this masterpiece!

If you're like me and you're not fond of the original Alien, you should try this flanker as it is just rich and divine!

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

trying a sample of this today. what a rich, pretty scent. it's gold and opulent, like the bottle. i smell mostly amber vanilla and florals. i guess it's jasmine, but it smells different than jasmine to me, though i can't quite place what it smells like to me, sorry! i also get the orris root and incense. in the background it is all vanilla-amber-incense warmth surrounding a slightly sweet floral scent that seems less waxy than jasmine, and almost tropical. i really like this a lot, though it's a bit too sweet and strong for my tastes (giving me a bit of a headache) but as long as i use it sparingly, it will probably be ok. it's been years since i tried original alien and have not tried any of the other alien formulations so i can't compare, (but i hope to re-try regular alien soon.)

pikachunicorn
pikachunicorn

Absolutely wonderful. As someone who prefers musky scents and sweet scents this was a match made in heaven. Rich and delightful. Sophisticated and kind. Really does have that potent vanilla and amber hug to it. It's almost maternal smelling. Definitely going to be buying a full sized bottle. It was love at first sniff.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I love this one, its jasmine notes, but I think it is more for winter and fall. Still, if I find a good promotion on Strawberrynet, I couldn't help myself from buying it

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Oh sweet lord. I remember trying this on a card in store and instantly hating it for it's intense smokey vanilla. Fast forward to now and I am in loooooooooooove! It's basically Alien with an underlying creamy yet sexy vanilla and amped up amber (if you could ever think that was possible with Alien.!) What I like least about the original Alien is that the jasmine can sometimes be a bit too sharp and not very comforting. This to me is perfect! The notes are blended amazingly and it's so cozy yet sexy! I love it sooo much

Avoria

I have the original Alien, which I love so deeply. Therefor I bought this Essence absolue without even smelling it first, I just knew that it was the right one and luckily it was!

When I wear it I feel like a newly home-delivered pastry, straight from a fancy Parisian bakery! :-D

I sense the jasmine and vanilla very clear BUT there is another scent in it that isn’t even listed and that is bitter almond. That is exactly what I smell wearing this perfume – jasmine, vanilla and bitter almond.

When I wear this people always ask me at work and in the city what perfume I am wearing and giving me good reviews, it is so wonderful that even strangers have to ask me about it.

Vexel
Vexel

I'm... I'm shocked with myself. Once upon a time I obtained a sample of this and tried it on with four or so other scents before tossing it back in my pile. Understandably, I think my olfactory fatigue left me rather unable to appreciate it. I revisited this recently while looking for some sort of concoction that would leave me feeling the same way as I did while wearing Profumum Roma's Fiori D'Ambra. Well, as far as notes go: Floral? Check. Amber? Check. Incense? Check. It's all there. Now don't get me wrong, the two scents are apples and oranges but I was trying to find something with the same overtones, not a doppelganger.

This is radiant. VERY easily cloying if you don't pay attention to how much you are applying. So do yourself a favor; When you put it on... DON'T SHOVE YOUR NOSE IN IT. It will waft off of your person just fine, believe me. It's highly synthetic smelling when you first apply, but that's not a crime in everybody's book and if you couldn't predict that from a scent named Alien, I can't help you.

The scent itself: A marvelous river of creme brulee (Unquestionably in my top three favorite deserts) I absolutely get where people make the comparison to vanilla custard. The purple tinge of Alien fades over time as the vanilla takes over, and this is a vanilla done very right. It isn't that marshmallowy accord that I'm not sold on, but a delicious kitchen cabinet vanilla pod tempered by a light veil of smoke and kept in line by a subtle dollop of medicinal myrrh.

This isn't quite the sillage nuke that I remember the original Alien being but the projection it does have is exactly what I wish some of my other scents could manage. However, I've been waiting to talk about the longevity. I applied a test patch to my wrist at 7 AM. 16 hours and a shower later at 11 PM, I asked someone if they could still detect the fragrance if they put their nose to my arm as I could. Bottom line was, yes, it was still quite detectable to them. What more could you ask for?

As a closing note I would like to extend my deepest gratitude to the likes of Prada Amber Homme Intense, Paco Rabanne One Million, Gaultier Le Male, Lacoste Essential, Versace Eros, and many, many more 'mens' fragrances for making it okay for me to verbally thrash anyone that questions my use of this scent as a male. I'm eternally grateful ;)

claireeleanor
claireeleanor

Had a love affair with Angel years ago and so tried Alien and wished to love. It smells so good on other people. But I could not warm to it. I smelt this today and bought it within 5 minutes. Based only on the top notes. It took me by suprise and I think I love it, if its not too strong. Its beautiful. It is an intoxicating scent. I worried about the drydown as after not long, a dry note does start to appear - like Jadore but actually its not too dry. I need to wear it a few times and reassess. But I think its love and I can't believe it, with Alien !

PeachUK
PeachUK

I cannot wear the original Alien as it does not work for me but this one is a different beast altogether. It's sweet and, on me, the amber dominates. It reminds me very much of barley sugar! Definitely my favourite of the Alien fragrances and it lasts quite a long time as well, which is just as well considering how pricey it is!

jlfears
jlfears

Ahhh, if only this smelled like the middle stage, from the get-go.

I have this (up for swap), and we have a love-hate relationship.

I adore Alien but never could wear it. It was too cold. I prefer my electric purple scents to be warm. (Think Dior Poison.) But I love it on others, and the trail it leaves is the sexiest thing ever.

Onto Essence Absolue...

First spray is a dollop of the original Alien x 10, for me. That's it. You get blasted with Alien, but it's a *hint* sweeter ~ and stronger... sort of. (It's stronger, but stays closer to the skin.)

It stays this way for almost an hour on me.

Then it warms up, and I get the tonka. If I try really hard, I get some incense. I love this middle stage, but I wish it lasted longer, and I wish the incense were really strong on me as it is on others.

In the drywdown, I get a smoky jasmine vanilla with a bit of amber.

I'm in LOVE with the middle stage, put off by the top, and a tiny bit bored with the drydown. It's very, very pretty, though.

arlina1
arlina1

This smells so much better than the original Alien and certainly the "liquored" up variety. I smell jasmine but it does not overwhelm the other wonderful earthy vanilla notes. Just awesome. It won't be going to the office though. Of course I would not wear any of the Aliens to work. Just too much.

lolitajade
lolitajade

I kept asking a colleague if she was wearing Avon Far Away when she wore this.....Oooops :) To my mind you could get away with passing it off as this... I love Sunessense, which I think you can tell is an Alien still but this one......you can't, hence my foot in mouth comment :)

drouhin
drouhin

I dislike gourmands, I dislike sweet perfumes, and I dislike prominent vanilla.

So why on earth do I like this fragrance so much? It's making me eat the words I've spoken about exactly this type of perfume! It might be the myrrh or the type of vanilla used -- black vanilla pods the ad copy describes as "animalistic" -- that sets this fragrance apart from other sweet vanillas. There's something dark and feral underneath the vanilla pudding, something that growls and contrasts with the sweet and creamy notes that camouflage it, and it's this contrast that keeps me sniffing my wrist with pleasure.

Rayyana
Rayyana

This perfume is gorgeous. My only problem is that I found it very similar to avons 'far away'

dalmajen
dalmajen

„I'm in Heaven....”
This is the music that comes to mind, Dancing cheek to cheek...I feel like a fool! Why have I fallen in the Alien trap! It seems to draw me in, with lovely soft kid gloves. I'm always saying that there is no age limits on perfume...and you should always wear what you love, and what suits you. But, I'm almost embarrassed how much I love the both of these versions! Essence has almost the same exact Jasmine opening, as the original Alien...as I have worn both on opposite wrists to compare). It seems to be just a slight degree softer. And, it doesn't rush to the vanilla straight away...the jasmine shines on...and then, the vanilla slinks in..ever so slowly. And what a lovely little vanilla it is! So soft, and creamy..just right. It makes me feel happy wearing it..A very modern fragrance..but, it finally struck me why I love it! It has the longevity of the older perfumes..That's what enticed me in the first place! Essence Absolue has it's own personality...and it's up to you to try it, and decide. It certainly has me hooked..a modern fragrance, which conjures up the music of long ago...

WildDove
WildDove

Light, feminine jasmine and orange blossom with vanilla and honey. Resembles the Liqueur but lighter and more floral, less metallic. If you like sweet white flowers and didn't think you liked Alien, testdrive the Essence Absolue.

SayakaP
SayakaP

Ah! I LOVE Alien Essence Absolue!

Opening is that non-indolic, transparent Jasmin of original + something medicinal.
I don't know what's this medicinal scent is. I often smell it in products for soothing muscle.
It's unusual to smell it in perfume, but it's working. Combined with all other things, the note gives EA a mysterious, sacred atomosphere.

Then natural, smoky & dry sort of Vanilla smoothly joins in.
The Vanilla is similar to Addict / J'Adore L'Or / Hypnotic Poison by Dior.
It's not a lolly Vanilla. It's intoxicating & decadent, but wouldn't make you fat. How lovely is that?

Dry down is, again, the original + the Vanilla.
The original makes me feel like holding a basket full of clean, sun-dried laundry which was washed with good Jasmin scented detergent.
In EA, the laundry is wrapped up in Vanilla!

Original Alien is inside of EA as its core all through.
So, IMHO, THIS is Alian and Original should be called 'Essence' .

alanav09
alanav09

Read all these reviews before sampling it, and let me tell you... did not find any similarity between this and the original alien. This (on me) was pure vanilla cough-syrup for the first 2 hours, and then it mellowed out to a nice creamy pure vanilla - smells just like vanilla extract! so definitely many brownie points for the yummy dry down. If the initial stages smelled as good as the dry down, i give this an 8/10.... but for now ill stick to alien ;-)

Eneli
Eneli

Softer (not weaker) and warmer version of the original Alien. At first I thought it was too similar to the original Alien but after 15 minutes it started to develop its own individual character. On me it smells soft amber and honey. Another Alien to love!

dalouchi
dalouchi

Horrible! Smells like you're wearing Anise, but very heavy, harsh and unappealing anise smell that you can't stand!!

I tried to wait for hours, till it calms down, as I might change my mind.. But it remained smelling harsh, repelling anise alll through.

Sillage and logivity are monsterous, so I had to wash it off several times to get rid of the smell!!

I'm happy I didn't blind-buy this perfume (which is something I often do based on reviews), and that I bought Lady Million Absolutely Gold instead, as it is a beauuuuutiful scent.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I smelled this on my SIL yesterday, and it smells divine. I am not a fan of powdery notes in perfumes at all. Yuck!! However, I feel the vanilla dominates over the powder in Alien Essence Absolue giving it a nicer smell. Also, with this one a little goes a long way. It's a pricey perfume. $130.00 bucks for 2oz. But the power is strong and long lasting. You don't need to spray that much on your skin. I plan on getting a sample soon to see how it works on my skin and provide a more detailed and accurate review.

I also forgot to mention that this smells nothing like the purple Alien from Thierry Mugler. which smells like licorice to me. yuck!!!

1/25/14 UPDATE
I finally got my hands on this baby. I was lucky to have purchased it from ebay for only $66.00 dollars. I absolutely adore this fragrance. The funny thing is, like I mentioned before I hate powdery notes in perfume; however, all the other notes in this particular fragrance blend well with the powder that the smell is not just complete powder. On initial spray, Alien Essence Absolue is a bit strong, it smells like a sweet spicy liquor, with a hint of jasmine. I can see where some people say it's almost medicinal, because on initial spray it does have a medicinal scent to it. Not in a bad way though. I think it's the spice in the perfume. Myrrh, amber and Oud are the spices that come to my mind. Once it settles into my skin, the spicy medicinal scent fades, and your left with a sweet, powdery, caramel vanilla, with very faint spice. the powdery caramel vanilla dominates on my skin. Another plus is that this fragrance lasts a long time on my skin, there is not need to reapply throughout the day. I think this will become my go to scent for the winter.

chuetta
chuetta

Smells amazing, but it is very heavy. I sprayed too much on and I had to sit down and I felt sick. Just one spray will do. Don't wear this if you can't handle an intense perfume. It lasts forever.

seawife
seawife

Wonderful! Like the original but softer, warmer, sexier. Love at first sniff.

vanessa23

Alien Absolue Essence, wow wow wow, from 1st test spray i fell in love with it, but could never afford to buy a bottle. Well just got a 30ml for Christmas 2013. Thank you. Everlasting Long lasting. Cant go wrong by wearing it.

Qwertyuio
Qwertyuio

On my first try I thought it was too much - too heavy, too much jasmine, too loud. But now, after wearing it a few times, I adore it. I mostly get the jasmine and vanilla, a little amber. Lasts forever on my skin. I'm seriously in need of a full size bottle once I get through my many samples.

ecerusen
ecerusen

they were right! its magnetism makes me crazy i cant stop smelling myself. i tried this about 18-19 hours ago(i bought immediately) and now there is a vanilla note which i adore. this ain't a vanilla which is like other scents. aint oily, synthetic vanilla. i cant describe it you should smell it, you should taste it on your skin.

btw my skin chemistry is poor, it dont keep a scent for a long time but as i said before, it stays 18 hours.

it opens with a huge and charming jasmine with oriental notes(not like ordinary alien, i couldnt resist the original alien's jasmine-in a bad way-) it covers you and makes the other people "omg whats this".
this feeling stays with you for hours, even hours by hours it turns warm, sensual, elegant sugary scent.but full of elegance. not like the other sugar bombs.
now it has a vanilla with gourmand spices.

btw is it just me who smells cinnamon?

bikhi
bikhi

This takes about 2 hours to dry down on me, but once it has, i love it. very long lasting.

Scrilla
Scrilla

This scent is dangerously addictive. Sweet, feminine, sultry, intriguing. I remember spraying some on a card, putting it in my pocket and forgetting about it. About a week later I wore that coat to dinner with friends and went to pull something out of my pocket to give to my (male) friend, and he was overcome by the divine smell of Essence Absolue. So much so he asked me for the card to let another of our (male) dinner guests smell. Wide eyed and entranced, love was born in these two gentleman.
Beautiful and intoxicating, in the notes I get a dark, sultry jasmine wrapped in decadent amber and caramel. Very strong, but never soapy or thin, always syrupy and envelopping. My issue, and what has kept me from purchasing, is the super-vanilla dry down. For the price I don't want to smell like heaven for 3/4 hours and plain vanilla for the next 10 (as this lasts a long, long time). And due to price and sillage this is not one you want to reapply a few times to always hit that sweet jasmin/amber heart. A beauty and a pity.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

Tonight, I was in the mood for a rich, gourmand perfume, but couldn't quite put my finger on exactly what. Then I remembered Alien Absolue. It is beautiful indeed, with strong jasmine at the beginning, followed by caramel and vanilla. Edible and elegant at the same time.

I can envision wearing this to an evening event with my husband, whether stopping at our local sushi bar after work or complementing our next wine tasting. Powerful and comforting at the same time.

kay0981
kay0981

This is my absolute favourite out of the entire Alien range! It opens with bold, beautiful jasmine, which very much resembles the original Alien; but that's where the similarities end. Whilst the original Alien is a full-on jasmine scent, and might seem a little harsh and heavy to some, Essence Absolue is much softer, creamier and sweeter. The jasmine here isn't strong and heady. It's like jasmine petals coated in thick layers of rich, warm vanilla, with some hints of smoky incense and white amber. I guess Essence Absolue is more in the same direction as Liquer de Parfum and the Taste of Fragrance, moreso resembling the latter. But whilst the Taste of Fragrance is a jasmine composition, sweetened by caramel, Essence Absolue is enriched with deep, sensual vanilla.

Some reviewers here have suggested that this fragrance smells gourmand, like vanilla custard. I respectfully disagree – I think that the vanilla note, although it does have a buttery quality to it, isn't really the 'edible' type. The vanilla here smells true, and not typically gourmand, 'processed', It's natural and thick; like a real vanilla pod; which is what makes this fragrance so special to me.

This scent has a fantastic projection and longevity, and truly upholds the status of the house Mugler in terms of its quality. It's a beautiful fragrance - intoxicating, and addictive, and I'm not the only one who thinks so! Last time I visited my Mum, I brought this with me and she sprayed some – she was smelling her wrist all day! I then sprayed her jumper just before I left, and ever since she's been texting me about it, saying she could still smell it on her jumper a week later, and asking me to bring it with me again next time I visit :) So, whether you love the original Alien, or whether you feel that it might be too sharp and heavy– give this one a try. It's softer, sweeter, and more 'wearable'. One of the most beautiful vanilla fragrances out there (。♥‿♥。)

ForrealMe2

Update:When i first smelled this in the mall it was so intense i was craving it till i got it..and when i received it from Mugler directly i found it to be less intense than what i smelled in the mall..i don't know if the lighting changed the fragrance but it was so rich and thick i just had to have it and the one i got was less intense...well overall it is a wonderful fragrance in itself..although i really think it smells alot like the original Alien Liquior which i prefer more than this and lasts longer than this one..if i had to have this fragrance again i will buy the liquor instead and since it was not intense enough for me i will have to get the original Alien..that one is a classic that will never die...it has so much strength to it it really reminds me of poison in a way..kinda the same concept..obnoxiously loud that its so darn good you don't even care..

njaalgahaisyeini
njaalgahaisyeini

Seconding a number of reviewers, this is essentially a richer, more rounded version of Alien. Those who were put off by the original's alleged harshness could probably enjoy this, although those who hate jasmine should steer clear. It is still massive. Might get a full flacon of this instead of the original Alien, don't know yet.

dollycalifornia
dollycalifornia

This smell is gourmand, I love it ! I get the vanilla, it is so warm, very powerful scent, I think one or two sprays are enough ! I have tested it on my wrist with one spray and I can still smell it walking in the street with wind wow it's powerful ! But it is a good thing because it is expensive and the bottle will last longer. I would only wear it on cold weather because of the strong scent that would be too much in hotter weather and could cause headhaches (but I hope not!) Very nice scent, but I would recomend to test it on the skin before buying because it can be too strong for some people

tstarshine
tstarshine

Oh no, the opening has too much Jasmine! I wanted to smell the vanilla as well but I get flat Jasmine throughout. I wanted this to work so much because of the great projection and longevity. Oh well, I tried it but it's just not my style. I'll give it to Mom.

Edit: I tried this again and my result was worse. It smells stale, sharp and sour to me. I am afraid it may be to strong even to give away. I am a bit jealous of those who can enjoy it. I wanted so much to love, even just like this. I'll stick with Innocent.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

More gourmand than original alien and without the note of bug spray. I still wore the original as there was so much more I got out of it. This though has no harsh sides and wafts around like a custard pudding. That comes from space. Like an intergalactic tobacco vanille by Tom ford. And it lasts for days

Cupid
Cupid

can someone tell me how much is this similar to original Alien?

cause i have that one and would like to know if the difference does exist enough for me to buy this one also.

Ignitron
Ignitron

Sampled this once (I'm a male, btw) and was very impressed. Individual notes aren't as important -as in any fragrance - as a whole scent, but here they are: vanilla, jasmine and a slight anise undertone. Scent as a whole smells exactly like that - vanillic, sweet, floral, very feminine. Probably more suitable for an evening. Would be great for a teenage girl as well as her grandma. Sillage and longevity are enormous, so little goes the long way.

highly recommend.

Fantastic Alien flanker! This could be my fall signature. It smells almost nothing like the original Alien. I find it to be just as gourmand as the Taste of Alien, but they are very different. While Taste of Alien is jasmine-scented caramel, this one is jasmine-scented vanilla custard. This golden liquid starts out smelling very nutty and ambery, but it really does develop into a decadent egg custard with vanilla beans. I had to purchase it for this reason--it was just too gourmand and realistically creamy to pass up. Absolutely, positively, fabulosity in a bottle. I could drink it.

Update: I grow more obsessed with this each day. The vanilla creme anglaise lasts and lasts well into the drydown. Faint traces of it smell positively addictive on my clothing at the end of the day. I want to lick my clothing. If you hate Alien, give this a shot anyway! This is definitely my fall signature!

shadisara
shadisara

I realy love it,it is my favorite Alien.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I tried this at the mall a week or two ago and I was pretty taken aback by the strength of this perfume. For some reason I had expected this to be a lighter, more wearable vanilla version of Alien. But one spritz and I knew right away: Absolue is not a light perfume, not by a long shot and the longer it sat on my skin the louder it got. On me, Absolue has the weird pronounced grapeyness of the original Alien combined with vanilla extract and the result is a cloying mess on my skin. Judging from the many positive reviews this perfume has received I can only conclude that Alien (any version) is not a good match with my chemistry.

simbeast
simbeast

This has everything that is good about the original Alien, minus what I don't like. It is smoother and better-rounded with a bit of vanilla and powder. Fortunately, it also lacks the screechy accord that I get from the original that reminds me of cleaning solution. This scent radiates warmth and confidence, I could see it being unisex, working well for an older (but not elderly), well-put together sort of gentleman.

Synryo
Synryo

Kindly received a sample of this from TillyWave (thank you!)
It is in a word... divine.
I knew as soon as I accidentally splashed some on myself trying to open the vial that it would be love. I stopped mid 'ugh' and switched to 'oo...'
I'm wearing the original Alien on my other wrist and I can smell the similarities, but for me Absolue leaves the original in the dust.
The combination of dark vanilla pod and amber creates an almost buttery sensation. Its sensual and deep, while being incredibly soft and rich. The jasmine gives it an enticingly mysterious edge, but it's still somehow so mellow. It's like a siren calling its prey, the victim following along none the wiser with a hazy and content smile. Consider me happily on my way to my watery grave. This just earned a spot on my 'must have' list and my wallet will not be thanking me for it.

Agatha-Christie

this is my favourite Alien and i checked TM web site, it doesn't says limited edition on Essence Absolue, so is this always will be available? it is also the only flanker that comes in refillable 1 and 2oz bottles and has refill bottles? I would be so happy if I knew that TM will not discontinue this.

jasonx
jasonx

The first Alien flanker that manage to smell different from the original enough to not being redundant releases like other Alien flankers

The DNA of Alien is still there but it is just the backbone to let people know that this is after all Alien.

As a big fan of the original this is the first time I get excited after being underwhelmed repetitively by other nearly identical smelling Alien flankers

This scent is like Alien dipped in rich sweeten condensed milk. I also can feel a little vibe of Dis-moi Miroir here

muncierobson
muncierobson

GORGEOUS!

A richer, deeper, smoother version of the original.

Last a very long time and projects well, I cannot stop smelling myself!

The woods and incense make it slightly more masculine than the original but it's still a sweet oriental... I don't care I LOVE it and am gonna start wearing it! It's sweet in a vanilla way, not a generic fruity floral or gourmand way. Less synthetic than original!

Ideal for cooler autumn weather!

Doesn change much, just softens as the hours (more than 12) go by!

#winning

matthujewell
matthujewell

My signature; She makes me glow like the Sun. My refillable bottle and I look forward to a lifetime of a special bond Thierry created with this fragrance.

Doesn't last as long as the original Alien, but, it's sweetly softer, not so loudly-sharp and "purple" as I smell in the original. As I grow with my fragrances I've learned: I'll take one hell of an amazing smell experience over longevity any day.

jessbug
jessbug

To me, this actually has a type of Play-Doh vanilla scent that is very similar to the one Hypnotic Poison does.

I've been on the fence about this one for a few months already, which is unheard of for me. On the one hand, I don't know if I love it. On the other hand, I keep coming back to it. Alien Essence Absolu is like the perfectly warm, cozy, friendly winter version of Alien. But it's still Alien.

I don't know why, but I don't wear Alien. I don't hate it, and it smells nice on others, but Alien just doesn't work for me. Deep down I want it to work for me, though. So maybe that's why I keep coming back to AEA, because this seems like it could be my 'winter Alien' (I'm trying to make Alien Sunessence Or d'Ambre my 'summer Alien'). But AEA is so expensive that it feels like a really big decision to buy it, haha.

I have a 2 ml tester now, so I'll see how I feel when I've finished that one.

butterbean
butterbean

Rootbeer.

It smells of lovely creamy, vanilly, old fashioned and super sweet, ROOTBEER.

I actually like it for a rootbeer scent.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

I've been an Alien hater for quite some time. Yes, I'm sorry for everyone who loves her, but I really hated her, I couldn't stand the rich heady jasmine and it made me nauseous.
That was untill I found Essence Absolue, and she turned everything upside down.
For me, Essence Absolue is all about amber and incense along with a gorgeous vanilla at the base.
I still smell the signature jasmine, but because it's in the background it's bearable. Actually, that sweetness give a wonderful balance to the dry incense and the medicinal amber from the beginning.
Essence Absolue opens with something that makes me think of cough medicine. Herbal, sirupy but interesting. In the background there's a shade of Alien, but ambers are the main notes here.
Within half an hour the vanilla joins in along with some incense and then she's perfect. A gorgeous sexy vanilla amber with some airy smoke to make this interesting.
Why hasn't anyone made a comparison to the mother of all oriental perfumes? Because Essence Absolue has a similar naughty sexiness, the sultry incenses and the gorgeous sweetness.
This is my modern Shalimar, and she's opened the world to the Alien.

Agatha-Christie

my husband wore 8 sprays if this when it was about 90degrees outside, but it was not cloying at all! he left beautiful, thick and sweet fragrant trail, i loved it! so it is not a perfume for only cold days, you can enjoy it in hot summer too, it gets even more beautiful!

MsJitka
MsJitka

I love the original Alien. Today I tested Essence Absolue - first I smelled sweetness, after one minute the bitterness prevailed; only the dry down was not bitter any more. Yes, I do recognized the original Alien scent in it, and the composition is (objectively judged) really good. BUT I hate bitter scents on myself. That's why this one cannot become one of my favorite perfumes.

Lynda11

I have a lot of perfume and this one is the best..
great stuff!

Very creamy and cuddly. The perfect choice for cold winter months. Can be cloying in warmer days. It's one of the only fragrances out there that actually smell good on me. And I agree with the comments that say that it's very sexy and feminine. It's exactly how a woman should smell in my mind.
worth every penny

TheCountess
TheCountess

I think this one is THE sex bomb from the Alien flankers. No doubt about it. It's so ambivalent! It's strong and at the same time, supple. It's not offensive to the nose at all, but at the same time it flows with the heat of your skin for the world to smell. Men go crazy over this one!

parissa1
parissa1

One of the sexiest Fragrances ever! Such sexy and unique smell. WOW

sissu
sissu

This is a glorious creation. A spicier version of the original Alien.

This has a good dose of amber and vanilla in it but I don't feel it is especially sweet though. It's a different sort of vanilla. A good sort. Keep in mind though that I do like the orginal Alien. I'm not convinced this would be a safe bet for people who dislike Alien as this one has that distinctive 'alien' accord running through it, that smell of otherwordliness, just with a little bit of a twist. A bit softer, vanillay and not as headache inducing.

For those of you who are familiar with Joop Le bain, Alien essence absolue reminds me a lot of a cross between Alien and Joop le bain, like if you were to layer those two I feel like you could get your own version and approximation of alien essence absolue.

UPDATE: The more I wear this, the more in love I become! I find myself looking a few months ahead and looking forward to wrapping myself in this aura even more frequently as we move into fall and winter. What a bliss this perfume will be during the christmas season :)

fundi
fundi

Beauty...

jolantuk
jolantuk

I wanted this perfume so much and finally I have it! To start with it definatelly has a resemblance with original Alien, which I like, but something always was keeping me from buying it (I think it sounds kinda mature for my nose). And when I saw that Essence absolue is vanilla-y, balmy, smoky and powdery I instantly tgought that it will be just the right Alien for me and I was wright! It was love from the first sniff!
On me its sound like delicious warm pudding – that the comment from my friends;)
The only miss- even though it is parfum INTENSE it is not as powerful as original Alien. On my skin it lasts for about 6 hours with good sillage. After that it still on my hand for 3 hours but to feel it I have put my arm to my nose. On the clothes it last for 4 days and even longer!
Well all in all now it competes with my beloved Angel! Everytime I am reaching for the perfume I dont know which one to use :)

limbaeck
limbaeck

Agree with Vick73 it made me sick too I will retry my sample in winter

chillalot
chillalot

I've been wearing my little sample of this elixir all week...I cannot control myself...I want to smell like this at all times...creamy/warm/ambery opulence...wow this will be my fall/winter scent..makes me feel strong and sexy...I hope that I can resist the urge to spray myself more than once a day as this last a good 12 hours on my skin..mmmmhhhh yummy!!!!

vik73
vik73

OK. First I have read all the reviews,then I went to test it. I was really curious about it because the Alien does not suit me at all. Maybe because of my chemistry maybe the Israeli climate turns it to the heavy one. Anyway I tested it yesterday and it made me sick. A kind of strong headache, sickness and a heavy cloud of sweetness. I must say I really adore the oriental sweet perfumes but this one did not inspire me at all.

williamvargas
williamvargas

potent and sexy stuff, think of some for my wife, very intoxicating fragrance. got a good sized sample for her to try and I must say this is very appealing and powerful. you do not need to much of this to make an impact. thumbs up.

EmilioRashitov
EmilioRashitov

this is yummy, extremely yummy

deo90
deo90

I bought this refillable for my fiancee. Love the sweetness.

Lazaro
Lazaro

one might think that a fragrance may be able to rape.
possibly if it is something related to thierry mugler and mythical alien or angel... I
mean that in a good way .. The best in the most splendid of fragrances alien series ....
The bottle is a delight .... you can almost taste, however after the first shoot is like the coalition of a star in a field of flowers and vanilla seeds ... in love if ... I'm in love for the first time in a perfume hated for years .... alien .... will you marry me? please

xrayer
xrayer

This is my third day in a row of trying this fragrance and I am totally hooked! At first I get the all too familiar boozy-jasmine blast of the original Alien but it quickly morphs into the most delicious creamy amber and vanilla with just the right amount of sweetness. The beauty of this fragrance for me is all in the dry down. And the longevity is amazing, one of the few perfumes I own that I can still smell the next day. Also had three people comment on it which has never happened to me before! It is quite a bit more expensive than the original but worth every penny. Will be my next purchase. Love it.

ForrealMe2

Ok ok i realize i misjudged this scent and must redo my review because honestly..I AM HOOKED ON ABSOLUE! LOL Now with the review...(clears throat..LOL) I can't stop sniffing my inner elbow..this stuff is good i may have to get it!! yum yum..it starts out with the jasmine and amber but then the vanilla comes in and believe it or not i can detect salty butter..my goodness..the vanilla with the jasmin keeps drawing me in and more so than the original Alien on my other inner elbow..wow...this totally changes in the dry down and the vanilla,booze and jasmine does not stop..wow..i just ordered this and i will have it in tomorrow..i had to have this..it smells too freakin good not to order it..i think the best of the Alien line and maybe even the whole Mugler line..i will have to try Angel again to make sure because i love that one the most but this may have just beaten it its that good..a must have hands down! If you love Dior Addict you will love this..it lasted all day at 8 hours it started toning down...8 hours!!! that's incredible! worth every penny! BUY THIS! Oh and the bottle is very pretty too..not as chic and alien like as the original but definatly a nice twist with the glass and golden juice like the Liqueur & TOF line..

isadorable
isadorable

i want to swim in this stuff... a unique and rich composition of amber and vanilla... after i tried it on, i received a compliment with in five minutes of leaving the store! i plan on buying this :)

Anatares
Anatares

Sweet and floral, (lots of) vanilla, amber with a hint of jasmine. Very long lasting. Feminine and sexy. Anyway, too sweet for me.

Michelina
Michelina

I’m really digging this. At first, I was on the fence, having accidentally spilled a sampler all over my hands – it struck me as loud, cheap, aggressive…it did, however, improve with the dry down. I decided to give it another go, this time being careful not to overdo it, and the improvement was vast indeed. It’s warm, radiant, and strangely alluring (the mark of Mugler?). More fall/winter-weather appropriate, but I've been wearing it in the (northern European) summer without issue.

Sillage is quite good, with moderate staying power. As is probably to be expected, the longer you wear it the softer and more subtle it becomes…though no less gorgeous for it.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

In my opinion this has absolutely nothing to do with the original Alien. This is a completely different scent.
It's a very warm, sexy, seductive & alluring fragrance which gives me a leathery vibe in the opening and as it dries down it gives me a chocolaty vibe. I often get a chocolaty vibe from fragrances that have strong amounts of amber & vanilla.
It's delicious, very long lasting, has nice projection and I will definitely purchase this one for coming winter season.
It's a masterpiece!
If I have to pick a fragrance which it is similar to, I have to say Dior Homme Intense :)
♥♥♥♥♥

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Of all the fragrances in an airport perfume shop this was the one that caught my teenage son's attention. He sprayed it on his wrists and oh my goodness... he smelled good enough to eat! We both immediately loved it. During that whole day being somewhere near him was to be in sweet amber vanilla heaven. Not even a swim in the ocean could not take away the amazing smell from his wrists. "If I ever buy a girl a perfume this will be it", he concluded.

quackadoodle

An update to my previous, more negative review:

I have since had the pleasure of sampling the original Alien, and this one makes much more sense now. While it still isn't one that I would purchase and wear, I do see why so many people like it now. It is such a bold fragrance, much like its big sister. And yes, it is a vanilla bomb (which is what I don't like about this one). But the vanilla is very rich. People who love strong, bold, vanilla scents might like this. I prefer (LOVE!) the original Alien, personally. But this one isn't so bad after all. Just be careful how much you apply. It is LOUD. You can easily suffocate yourself, never mind others.
There is a strong connection to the original Alien, but this one is warmer, not as sharp, but just as bold and long lasting.
I DO recommend getting a sample of this before purchase, though. On the right woman, this could be beautiful. But, it could also be a bit of a disaster :)

Hopefully this is more helpful than my previous shock/reaction review. And I am glad that I didn't run far away from the Alien line, and went back to this once I got the chance to sample the original. It makes much more sense to me now!

daisywest

Yay!!! I got a bottle today, so happy!!! ~ fainted~ it is the most amazing perfume I ever had !!! It smellls so delicious!!! So sweet and warm, reminds me the cozy winter of Xmas time.( already plan to buy another bottle, just in case they discontinue it)

Jwaks
Jwaks

Ethereal jasmine floating above sweet boozy woody vanilla liquor with a touch of smooth amber. Just how good is it? I bought a full 2oz bottle without giving it a second thought. Its monster projection, sillage and longevity make me think it's from another world.

Score 8.5/10

ClaireRr
ClaireRr

LOVE

levinebabe
levinebabe

The first dab from my mini bottle, my nose quickly identified this scent as a familiar one. Sadly, it was not the good ol' Alien from 2005. The opening pretty much resembles Linn Young Silver Light Galactica, which is a copycat of Alien, and I enjoy Alien's opening much better. I impatiently waited for the vanilla, which didn't appear in the opening. But of course, this is waaaay better than Linn Young. LY's SLG disappeared within a short time. This one stays long. I'm still having it on my back hand now. It develops into this creamy rich amber-y vanilla and jasmine. I don't think it is a big difference from Alien, but I like EA's drydown better than 2005 Alien. I will not get it though, considering the price and quality, I'd rather go for my old signature Alien. It develops very well when applied behind my ears. Moreover, 2005 Alien costs moderately cheaper than EA, for a similar scent. I don't know how long it will stay, but I expect this to be quite long-lasting, for they put an "intense" label on this EDP.

cecyben
cecyben

ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE is magic !!! If you love "Alien Eau de Parfum", sure you will love this one: it is perfect, a masterpiece, great fragance with strong personality ... warm, elegant, deep and sensual: another winner of Thierry Mugler ! This is a GEM to have ! Staying power is super good and amazing sillage ! I love it too much :-)

Lakambini
Lakambini

Alien Essence Absolue is a flanker of, and will always be compared with, Alien, although in my opinion, if marketed altogether on its own, it would do quite well (while always being likened to the beast in purple).

First the bottle. Genius. Maybe the best of the flankers – interesting departure in terms of shape (fruity and gravid) and the color of molten treasure, which clues you in to the contents.

It opens with very white, startlingly synthetic jasmine, but immediately the honeyed notes take over (vanilla and amber), though the fragrance develops along the unmistakable woody-jasmine lines (and astral projection!) of the original Alien. After five hours (the onset of the dry-down), the difference is clear: Alien continues to radiate an unearthly jasmine note, while Alien Essence Absolue smells ambery-sweet, a bit smoky and woody, and more subdued, with the jasmine a mere echo.

It has a similar distance from Alien as Dior’s J’adore L’Or has from the other J’adores. Not light years away, but far enough for me to crave it.

Germany
Germany

Alien Essence absolue is my signature fragrance now. It works for me in summer as well as winter. It's just the most incredible satisfying fragrance I own. It's sweet but in a very mature , muted way. It smells like rice pudding with almonds and cardamom and vanilla bean, to keep this scent fresh it has a hint of jasmine the fragrance has a liquerish feel to it and bittersweet incense , it smells boozy and suede like. It also have a honey facet and its quite sweet and intimate in my opinion. I get lots of compliments when I wear it. I love it!!!

The Alien flankers are often jasmine bombs. I really didn't expect Alien Essence Absolue to be any different, so I was quite surprised when my nose was met by something other than sweet, dewy jasmine.

Alien Essence Absolue features a lot of vanilla and amber. It's quite a wintry and rich scent, on the sweet side of things. Those that enjoy sweet vanillas should really try this fragrance.

It strikes me as being slightly similar to Dior Addict, especially in regards to the smoky, incensey drydown. The original Alien had a fresh floral quality, whereas Alien Essence Absolue is a touch more oriental and warm.

Honestly, the jasmine accord is barely discernible. Sweet vanilla and syrupy amber appear to be the most dominant notes in this composition. I wouldn't be surprised if those who hated the original fell in love with this flanker.

It's unfortunate that Alien Essence Absolue only comes in small bottle sizes, 30ml and 60ml. Seeing that it has been quite popular since its release, Thierry Mugler would do well to make it a permanent fixture in their range.

Alien Essence Absolue's projection and longevity are superb. One or two sprays are all you need to last the entire day. I highly recommend.

Gia713
Gia713

This scent is like pure heaven. Or like a very beautiful woman. Not very interesting, mysterious etc. She is beautiful like a Disney's Princess, banally, obviously, doubtlessly. That woman is Alien EA. This scent isn't deep, complex and difficult. It is just pure gold, pure dream, incredibly beautiful. A lot of dry vanille and overwhelming jasmin, with ambery base. But when I wear this scent, I feel like Goddess of Gold.

kasiarog
kasiarog

This one is amazing! I will be buying it more towards fall definiately! Unfortunately, the price is a little over the top. This fragrance is muuuch better than Alien edp, it's creamy not sharp as EDP is. It gets even better towards the end, on paper I could still smell it after a week or so! Great longevity and sillage.

EDIT: Couldn't wait until fall to buy it and here it is, standing on my dresser. The scent is deep and very long-lasting, I'll be saving this one for special occasions ;-)

Ninkin
Ninkin

Oh my, if sunlight had a scent, this is what it would smell like. Very warm, deep amber that gives the perfume that balmy sensation, together with jasmine and incense - true scent of a Sun Goddess. Great longevity and sillage

laantjebanaantje

To really experience the depth of this scent I advise spraying just the tiniest, lightest spray onto your hand (a few miniscule drops really). This way the vanilla is toned down and much drier and the incense and myrrh are playing a bigger part. The drydown is soft, dry and velvety.
I think one might get the same effect by misting in the air and walking through, but I have yet to try that.

ranchorita
ranchorita

This is absolutely beautiful and I am besotted with Alien, but for some reason this is simply too overpowering on me. My guess is that something related to the jasmine or orris root is the culprit, as resins, woods and incense all are generally right up my alley. I enjoy smelling this on others, but I am so glad I ordered a sample before committing to a full bottle. I'll give this to someone who will love it and pet it and call it George, and I will continue to admire it from afar. The Taste works much better for my chemistry.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

The first couple of times I tested this, I was deeply unimpressed. But outside the mall, where I can smell JUST this one without mixing with every other smell out there, I really like it. The sight of it on my skin isn't terribly pretty when I first put it on--reminds me of urine--but the vanilla and amber are very strong on me, more so than the harsh, grape-y jasmine of the original Alien. I think I've finally found a TM fragrance I can wear.

sophisticated
sophisticated

this is gorgeous, sophisticated, has many layers, verrrrrrrrrrrrry feminine, lasts forever and not suffocating but it IS strong, dark, alluring

Essence Absolue is a mesmerizing scent. It starts off with ... O.O this never happened to me before, the notes are perfectly well-blended together that I can't describe it but i'm not even mad, I think i fell more in love with ES if that's possible

HypnoticPoison
HypnoticPoison

I think this perfume smells like a newly baked cupcake. It is very sweet and warm.

takeasniff

Sorry guys the guest review below was me I can't stand when Fragrantica logs you out halfway through a review:(

My husband received this as a freebee when he purchased Alien edp for me as a gift. I tried it and as everyone has commented in one way or another it is a sweet, vanilla version a little softer with questionable lasting power with a few variations and opinions of notes between all the reviews.

I would urge people who are unsure to test all the perfumes from this house and set aside time properly to do it because it cannot be done with just one quick sniff of a card you cannot get a good feel for the style of house that it is and you need to work out which type of Alien you prefer or maybe it is just a particular mood you are in that day as to me they are all beautiful:)

One thing that keeps attracting me to Mugler is the combination of a lot of effort put into a good quality bottle which looks stunning on any dresser and the contents appear to have a lot of effort devoted to them regardless of whether you like the smell or not. He manages to keep his signature throughout all the fragrances with the exception of Womanity which I felt should have been left as is but that is another topic:)

A lot of mainstream perfume houses cannot get this balance right and I believe Mugler does and I have yet to find a fragrance from him that I truly disliked I cannot say that about many other perfume houses.

This edition is no exception to me I love it for it's differences and when it is too much vanilla for me for a particular day or mood I just wear the Alien edp if this one doesn't last as long which has happened to me on occasion I just put another little dab on as mine is a little mini and I am set for a while.

A huge Mugler fan here as you can probably tell!:)

bacall
bacall

I tested this yesterday in selfridges and could still smell it on the back of my hand 8 hours later! This is oh so utterly sweet and voluptuously sexy! The extra dimension makes it complete IMHO hence rounds off the sharp edge of the original Alien nicely. Oh the weakness for sweetness....I think I know what I may end up purchasing today! ;)

Update: I got my hands on a bottle today but not before having a good spray with the tester and I have already received a compliment from a stranger. Mouth watering stuff!

Rach05
Rach05

Does anyone know what perfume I can combine with Alien Essence absolute? I just bought two days ago now I find the scent is a little boring for me.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Alien Esscen Absolue shares the same base with the original Alien but stands out on its own with a very distinctive note. Unfortunately this note turned my stomach over. It smelt like rotten tomate layered on Alien on me. But if it works with your chemistry and you're a fan of Alien, I think it worths a try. It captures the spirit of the original Alien but still different enough to add in one's collection. The sillage and the longevity is typical TM quality, nice!

mrjohn12

Has anyone tried layering this with alien to soften the initial jasmine blow?

quackadoodle

Got a sample of this. Argh. I hate it. It made me feel ill. Way too much vanilla. That is all I can smell. And it will not go away. I wash and wash and it is STILL THERE, 12 hours later. Every time I get a whiff of it, it makes me want to vomit. The vanilla is excessively sweet and overpowering. I don't like to write these useless, negative reviews of anything, without saying SOMETHING good about it. But I just can't. Sorry I am not very helpful this time... but I just can't stand this and all that vanilla.
Not a big fan of vanilla to begin with, but sometimes it isn't so bad. This time... it is bad. Not urine-like (as it usually is)... just... wow. I was not expecting that. If you're sensitive to Vanilla... don't try this!

ETA: I keep trying this to see if I will change my mind. So far, I haven't. Still too much vanilla. But I do have something nice to say about it! I am very impressed with the quality of this. It is very strong, a little goes a very long way. It can be smelled from a distance for hours. I reckon this is a good scent for people who love both vanilla, and strong scents. This thing is a powerhouse!

mrjohn12

Let me start by saying that every Thierry Muegler scent I've tried turns.... old and dusty on my skin. It's hard to explain, but there is a certain something that just goes sour rots, dies, smells horrible.

I put this one on the back of my hand (half a drop) and while it's dizzying and making it hard to focus on the reviews I'm trying to read, it's almost like I'm being transported. It's such a warm and comforting scent... it's dreamy.

My boyfriend just walked in and I asked him what he thinks. He said it smells nice, but it's a bit grandiose for me. He said it's meant for a successful career woman and I agree with him. However, I won't let him dissuade me because just as one ought to "dress for the job they want, not the job they have" maybe one also ought to fragrance themselves for the job they want. Plus, I can always reserve it for a night out.

Or maybe for bedtime.... Mmmm......

tanpa nama
tanpa nama

Sooooo.....yummy!!!!!
Love it! I have no hesitation to buy a big bottle altough it's quite pricey. Sweet without leaving alien's identity

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Tried this today ( my first of the Alien series) and people kept asking what smelled so good. Turns out it was me! I get a very sweet, caramel note almost like apple strudel, minus the apple. This persisted for a few hours and all though it wasn't enough to be sickly sweet, I wish it had gotten to the beautiful, softly sweet dry down much sooner! Mmmmm, vanilla, super soft hint of jasmine- very cozy! Great choice for cooler months! May have to revisit this one from time to time. I am curious to see how it compares to the original Alien EDP.

AddictInTime
AddictInTime

This is a softer, vanilla version of Alien. Alien doesn't sit well on my skin, the jasmine is too sharp - and it's still prominent at the opening of Absolue but fades off fairly quickly, within an hour this is sweet vanilla and almond on my skin. I really, really love the scent but it has a pitiful sillage and projection compared to what I had expected! I'm unsure whether to keep it because as much as I love it, it wasn't cheap and I know I could get two bottles of stronger scents for the same price of this. I am a die hard Mugler fan though so I don't want to swallow my pride and part with it. If I do, I will buy the Alien Cuir version instead because it has a much more powerful dry down but still has that smoother, calmer jasmine note that Absolue has tamed. I just feel this becomes a skin scent all too fast! Which is fine and beautiful... if it was cheaper...

EDIT: Wish it lasted on my skin the way it does on fabric! That smell is divine.

jckp27
jckp27

This is SO totally Caramelly and marzipan like. The bottle sorta looks like a bottom but it smells good.

redliz
redliz

I got this fragrance at a great deal! I LOVE it! My only issue is that it doesn't last as long as original ALien. But I love them both so I cannot complain!!!

Thanx Allinug for the sample !!! Totally looooove this one. Deep, dark mature Vanilla, Amber, Insence and Jasmin. I will be looking for a bottle to buy.

Tack Allinug för provet !!! Bara äääälskar denna doften. Djup, mörk och vuxen vanilj, Amber, Rökelse och Jasmin. Måste få köpt mig en flaska.

Aeris

My, oh my. I feel as though I've met my signature fragrance...for the future, that is. As beautiful as this perfume is, it's a bit too mature for me. Of course I'll keep it in my rotation for now, but I'm pretty sure this will be my signature scent in my 30's or 40's unless a better match comes along...which I doubt because this is perfection.
This is a very warm, mature, sensual, dark, and mysterious fragrance. Pure aromatherapy for relaxation of the mind and soul. Is this the orginal Alien's older and wiser relative? The Wisdom Lounge is beckoning me, but I'm not ready to join just yet. I'm still dancing in the cosmos with the original Alien ;)
This is a beautiful blend of vanilla, myrrh, amber, incense, and jasmine that just tantalizes the senses like no other.

pickletastic
pickletastic

I layer this with the original Alien EDP [Essence Absolue first; then Alien original "flavour"] to curb the original's shrill grapey-jasmine blast that occurs on my skin and clothes irrespective of application variables. It is indeed very vanilla, but not a linear one - the same base as the original dry-down [which is my favourite scent ever and if I could find a perfume which smelt of it exclusively I would have found my Holy Grail] chimes in noticeably, but do not get this if you don't like vanilla, even a grown-up, madagascan vanilla pod one - it is inescapable in this, and therefore prevents this being the scent for which I ultimately seek.

Phyrexianc's description is spot-on: more warmth, less jasmine. Plus vanilla. And it lasts and lasts - especially on fabrics. It also goes well with L'Occitane Amande products [shower oil, body creme etc.] which is handy as they discontinued the Almond Blossom Dew spray. Mind you, that had the life-span of a suicidal fruit-fly so perhaps not the greatest loss ever. The smoked meat aspect I can happily say I don't get - very VERY relieved about that - but can only wonder if the ambery-vanilla aspect reminds Kikiena01 of honey-glazed meat?

I often have a sly squirt before bedtime as it is an enveloping and soothing fragrance - but then the weather remains wintry in London, and I think this will prove cloying the moment the temperature goes up.

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

More warmth and less jasmin than the original Alien. Enormous sillage and it's everlasting. The most perfect perfume.

Frauke
Frauke

Smells like honey liqueur. Love it.

kikiena01
kikiena01

I adore this perfume. The opening is very fresh and cold - like a menthol. After about 15 minutes the vanilla appears and creates very pleasant scent, which smells like sweet caramel mixed with honey to me. Still with a little hint of the menthol freshness. You really have to try this on - it could smell a little bit different on your skin, because of your unique body chemistry.

EDIT: After a few hours I get this really interesting "smoked meat" smell, which I like, but don't know how it's even possible :D Does anyone else get that?

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

daisywest

Is this one is limited edition? I really really want this one, feel like if I don't have a bottle of this juice I am seriously missing out something in life.

Lynda11

this is a super perfume...can't stop sniffing it.
my husband got me this for easter cause he also love
the smell of it. the bottle is nice also.

leboblue
leboblue

Finally received my bottle yesterday! Truly felt like jumping for joy when the doorbell rang. I admit I've been on the fence about this fragrance for some time and the mixed reviews didn't help. I decided to stop by the fragrance counter while at the mall with my husband and my mom to get their reactions. Mom is a very critical judge and turns her nose up at most things. My husband is pretty oblivious about fragrance in general but he does know I have many and purchase often and that fact alone could influence his opinion. I asked both to give me their input and of course Mom hated it but my husband liked it! I mulled it over for a few days then finally gave into the urge and placed the order.

In 34 years of marriage this garnered one of just a few fragrance compliments I've ever gotten from my husband. I wear fragrance every day and usually for only a few days at a time so he's smelled quite a few. That being said, I admit I am falling in love with this particular version more and more every day.

This was the first time I ever consulted and heeded the advice of anyone other than myself when considering a fragrance and it was an interesting and surprising experience.

Thanks for reading my review.

Allinug
Allinug

Oh I thought I loved it...Yesterday I sprayed a little and it was good but today it's all jasmine with a blend of vanilla....it's just to much, to much of everything...to much jasmine, to sweet and to strong and headache and nausea, No Thank You...
I thought I had found an Alien I could wear but No...No Thierry Mugler perfume likes me...or I don't like them...

In Vogue
In Vogue

At first application, I get the smell of leather, and it's unpleasantly musty, yet sickly sweet. I've heard that an infestation of bedbugs smells "musty and sickly sweet", so I'm slightly grossed out. This stage lasts for a good hour. Finally, the vanilla comes out, smelling sweet like ice-cream, and this tones down the leather aspect. The initial unpleasantness also goes away. After a couple of hours, the leather is gone, the sweetness is toned down, and what remains is an exact replication of cooking vanilla. Nothing more, nothing less, therefore the "essence absolue" for which this fragrance is aptly named. If you love that scent, this is for you. I think this could be unisex. The sillage is close to the skin, and it's fairly long-lasting as I could smell it the next morning. I'm not a fan of this kind of fragrance, but I was given the miniature at a store, so I think I'll keep it for my collection. The little bottle is so cute!

selinu
selinu

It has very sharp marzipan note!!! No seriously I hate it yucks. Drydown is very elegant though but you have to wait for hours.

succubus
succubus

A friend gave me a sample for this fragrance. I really wasn't expecting much, but Alien Essence Absolue was a pleasant surprise. The combination of vanilla, white amber and jasmine is strongly present at first spritz, and is quite intoxicating. The scent reminds me of a variant of Gaultier Le Male I once had, only richer. As it dries down, the scent gets soft, but still rich, thanks to the infusion of vanilla and incense. The longevity and sillage of this fragrance is amazing! Heads turn whenever I'm wearing this. I love it! As soon as the sample runs out, I'm going to buy a bottle of this one. :)

rivet6
rivet6

IT IS WONDERFUL AND PERFECT.I bought the 2oz. parfum and the body balm.The body balm alone smells like smoking incense with vanilla in the background on me.The parfum smells like the regular Alein with a deep tone of woods vanilla,jasmine.My kind of scent.Hope it is around forever.

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

I have always been (and rigthly so..) an Angel boy, maybe even the one with the candied violets (it does smell deliciously powdery on my linens, and, all my kitties go crazy!), yet, maybe because Thierry Mugler has always been my favorite fashion Guru, the only one (with Tom Ford and Gucci, at times,Prada, too!)I really must follow and, at least, admire and enjoy, like the Arts (Oh my! Is this me talking? Man, never thought fashion was Art at all, but, i gotta say, with people like Mugler or Tom Ford, definitely is, if anything, always the strongest reminiscense of it!), i had bought Alien edp years ago, when it first came out! And i did not dislike it, at all, but, i knew it wasn't for me! Then i even tried the Sunnescense Version, and, maybe.. sometimes by the pool, or while, i go horse back riding in Malibu, late, just before dusk...
But, finally, i tried this! I truly wanted to, after reading its main composition, and, notes, and, loving powdery, strong, ambery, or mossy, and, vanilla-infused fragrances, with sweet touches of gourmand, well, was I happy or what? It just never lets you down! It's ambery and sweet, powerful and tangy, sexy and deliciously mysterious.. Oh man, i tell you..I think i just lost my mind with this baby!
Just love it! An instant classic! Nearly a masterpiece! Accomplished, well dosed, and, sillage anyone? Extended and powerfully radiant..
And knowing that is a Mugler's creation on top, makes me even happier! :)
What else can i say? My favorite new scent for a hip and sensuous night in a trendy club Downtown, or even in a cozy parlour in Hollywood! Love it!

pansylady
pansylady

Wow- this stuff packs a heavy punch! Definitely not an everyday scent-

I got some wonderful accords of jasmine and sun-warmed meadow in the top notes, but this quickly morphed into a resinous honeyed wood that reminds me of Serge Lutens' Miel de Bois, sans the animalic accords of the latter. I was sad to see the jasmine blossoms leave so soon-

The heady, opulent honey wood notes have been going strong all day long, never letting go for a minute-

This should please gourmand fans-my husband thought I smelled like chocolate!

I would definitely reserve this Alien for special evenings in late fall or winter-I think it I would be a touch too much in the heat-

Day 2- I'm beginning to pick up some soapy orris notes, too very nice!

Pbeschi

Wearable in summer time IMO! Think it was meant for summer...no?

cocodust

Got it! So pleased to have this beauty :)

taboo2287
taboo2287

i wasn't a fan of Alien at all, to my nose it's rally harsh and hypnotizing! may be half a spray is more than enough but every one was showering it which made my stomach hate Alien's guts!!! about a month ago the weather was really cold here and i was sitting by the fireplace and going through a magazine when i found the ad of Alien Essence Absolue and on the side there was hidden tester and i said to my self ugh it's gonna be another headache giver but there was no harm in sniffing! and i noticed the tester was detected by my sister GRRRRR! but the smell was there and when i sniffed i was in another world instantly! omg what a beautiful monster that makes forget he is a monster because of how pretty his smell is, i went the same day to the mall and walked to the thierry mugler stand and asked for a spray on my wrist and it smelled even better on my skin! first thing i detected was cardamom even though it's not listed as a note but the cardamom vanishes quickly :( and the beauty remains... definitely the best purchase i made this winter and now all my cashmere scarves smell like it, it's addictive and it can drop some guys dead ;)

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is such a decadent scent, like golden syrup drizzled over some fabulous dessert! I'm not much of a fan of the original Alien however I love this. This is very warm, rich and indulgent. The amber and smokiness really comes through for me and a somewhat sourness too oddly enough. Very sexy and mysterious

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

I enjoy Mugler's Womanity and Angel, find them unique...but never liked Alien collection (especially the one in purple bottle). Essence Absolue is all about vanilla, just like a huge vanilla pot mixed with flowers, because of its sweetness I think I kinda like it. It's also long lasting like most of Mugler's perfumes, this is what I really respect as nowadays more and more perfumes smell like pure water and doesn't last.
P.S. This perfume reminds me on something so bad!! And of course I can't recall which perfume (maybe Far Away Avon by base notes). I'm smelling my arm right now and I feel like going out tonight! This frag brings me back to nostalgie times of my sweet childhood when me and my parents often go together to birthday parties to my godmother.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

This out of all is the one that most stands out as different that is between the alien flakers... 'taste of', 'liquer de', 'cuir alien' and the newest ;alien viola (which smells exactly like taste and liquer only with a touch of violet'

It's kind of a stretch to say this smells like poison hypnotic. I have to say what I find to be similar between the two, is the sort of tone or level of the scent, it has the same kind of feel or tonal value of some sort. However I find this far more beautiful and interesting than poison hypnotic (which i also love)... the incense is very detectable to my nose, i think the incense is so deliciously wonderful in this that those who do not normally like incense will probably love this and not realise they are smelling incense. And there is obvious vanilla.. but i do not find this to be a ''vanilla perfume'', there's amber, but would not call it an amber perfume.out of all the alien flankers, I find this one to be most complete, and most well blended.. it's not really a straight jasmine perfume like the others not really a woody, not really a vanilla and not really an incense... I personally think this is a masterpiece...And the longevity is 6-9 hours.... for the wearer of this perfume may not detect it strongly at all after the first hour, but everyone else will smell it the rest of the day. Great for work, but it's just so beautiful and classy I almost feel it wasted at work, but it will certainly help your day go by a little bit faster :)

Yes this does remind me of Hypnotic poison (again) but only in it's tone, it's a totally different vanilla, and not a straight vanilla perfume. It's has far more personality and class at once. It feels comforting, but not in a big blanket sort of way.. in the way... I feel most comfortable , most myself wearing stilleto heels and a sexy silk dress :)
oh and the orris is just the right amount, it leaves a suggestion of powder or a bit of fuzziness..... if you hate powder perfumes.... this one shouldn't scare you.... definently not too powdery

This is original, modern, timeless, ageless, a smooth seductrice

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

Reminds me of moth balls when i sniffed my wrist after i sprayed it on. Then i got rootbeer-like scent afterwards. it evolves then into this sweet vanilla and spicy tone which i really dig.

SheTurtle
SheTurtle

Very, very disappointing. Initial burst came off very sweet, and somewhat reminiscent of toothpaste. A few hours later, not much improvement. Totally wrong for my chemistry.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Creamy and smooth, very lady-like fragrance that has stolen a lot of hearts. There is a warm, syrupy richness that cannot be dismissed with that ever present kick that has lovers of this house in a trance.

My impression is that it smells a lot like every other Mugler on the market. Sure the Amber is velvety, the Vanilla and Wood are dreamy, but the signature Mugler-aide remains present throughout. This is probably more wearable than many of the others such as Angel and Womanity but it remains too close to comfort to justify the whopping price it demands.

Originality is not a strong suit of this house. I suppose the cult following is partially to blame as this house keeps popping out the same fragrance in a different bottle. I would venture to say that if just for once, they change the flavor and produce something even remotely different, the star status would be lost. As the old saying goes, "If it 'ain't broke don't fix it"

If you've seen one, you've seen them all.

wbp
wbp

Well i have tryed this one today, and even if i don't like any of the Alien line, this one is...so speial! I just can't stop smelling myself. The first minutes is strong and powerfull, but after 10 minutes it drys down in very soft amber-jasmine-vanilly smell. I think is very lady like, not girly at all, verry classy. And the lasting power....wow! I have to say that it last for so long time! Even if it isn't my type of fragrance, i think to take a bottle of it.
I think that the dray down is very similar to hypnotic poison on my skin.

Sanne84
Sanne84

One of a kind to me!
I ca't wear the original Alien, the jasmin is just too strong.
This one however, I love!
Smooth, warm and cozy indeed.
Right from the start I get a smooth, rounded jasmine with a touch of vanilla.
After a while, the scent transforms in to something deeper as amber gets into the picture.
Jasmine then stays in the background very subtle and lets amber, vanilla and a woody smell take over.
Longevity and sillage is good, as is always the case with Mugler fragrances.

Compared to the original Alien, to me this is far more wearable, due to the jasmine NOT screaming at you, and the deeper scent it becomes.
Expensive, yes, but worth it!

alchimia72
alchimia72

I received it for Christmas by my husband. I'm not a fan of the original Alien but this flanker surprised me. It's not so similar with Alien in my opinion. You can smell jasmin at the beginning but after a while the heart not of vanilla and amber surroun you in an amazing way. The touch of cashmere wood is fantastic. The result is warm, elegant, powdery and sweet. The longevity and the sillage are surprising and massive.
Recommended also for who doesn't appreciate Alien very much.

luxurylover
luxurylover

I received this as a present for Christmas, and well, to me, all Thierry Mugler´s olfactive creations are awesome.. except maybe Womanity.. I cannot put up with the idea of caviar notes, me smelling.. like fish.. anyway, this one is soo... I can´t stop smelling it.. its scent accompanies me from the moment I spray it on me until, sadly, I take a shower and this gorgeous smell vanishes.. its lasting power is remarkable, and the smell.. I was never mad about vanilla, but I have made a lot of "agreements" with Mugler´s notes.. never mad about amber.. and love its older brother Alien, never really into white musk.. and love Innocent.. and this one couldn´t be less.. the flacon is just arty.. curvier and more feminine than Alien, it becomes a decorative object after the perfume is finished.. these kind of seductive smells can have unthinkable effects on the opposite sex.. I wish cute Mr. Mugler would smell it one me :)

pureblonde
pureblonde

Tested this one today and whilst I will say that it really is a gorgeous fragrance, it just didn't work for me. The vanilla note is lovely, very warm and smooth but for me it just completely dominated. I do enjoy vanilla in fragrance but this became all about vanilla and little else. I was able to detect the incense as well but unfortunately this ended up turning slightly medicinal so once that happened I knew this just wasn't meant to be. Dry down was warm vanilla woods which is always amazing and longevity was excellent. I would still recommend this fragrance because I can just imagine how stunning this would be on the right person. For me, I'll be sticking with the original EDP as the jasmine in that just sings on my skin :)

Whit
Whit

O...M...G!! This is so heavenly! I went out the other night to purchase another Mugler frag, so imagine my surprise when the store actually had this in stock. The sales associate's exact words were "Oh yeah, we just got this in!" But, they didn't have a tester, so it was actually a blind buy. And I hate to admit this, but I think I like it better than the original; it's warmer and more cozy. The original element is still there in the opening, but the dry down is yummy vanilla and warm amber. I got about five to six hours of longevity and moderate sillage with three modest spritzes. Another winner from Mulger! :D

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I agree with PhattBass below - I prefer this to Alien original too ! :)

Thats quite a statement as ALien is my sig scent and my no 1 favorite "must have " perfume for A/W.

I received a sample of this Essence Absolu as part of a gift a friend ordered from the Muler website ( Thank You Nick , your great XXX) . If you make a purchase you can choose 3 free samples , and we all know how much Mugler samples cost on ebay dont we! ( silly money for something that should be FREE - GRRR !! ).

Absolu is the original ALIEN ammped up with a sexy smoky new makeover. . Slightly gourmand , I detect an ammeretto note with a smoky overlay , this accord reminds me of Cartiers "Basier du dragone" ( which is amazing but increasingly hard to find and expensive as its discontinued - damn!) ...... Well i do not have to stress out about finding BDD any more , Alien Absolu is all the rich , sultry , smoky incense and almond liquer over precious woods of BDD mixed with ALiens jasmine/wood/amber........ Uber sexy , uber fabulous. Grown -up scent for a sexy strong woman .

LOVE LOVE LOVE !!

As always with Mugler , the longlevity is very good too. My tiny little sample bottle had given me 3 good wearings , this frag is STRONG ! Thankfully I do not need to douse myself in it as I do with some inferior , weaker scents.

Keep up the good work Mr Mugler and please dont ever discontinue this new masterpiece addition to the "Alien" family. . . When my new FB of Alien is gone , I will be replacing with "Absolu" for sure

PhattBass
PhattBass

I *almost* feel a little bad for saying this, but I like Alien Essence Absolue better than the original Alien EDP. It just smells so amazing... It's so warm, rich, and delicious. It's very sweet and like another person said, it's like butterscotch or caramel. I could just eat my arm off... All those familiar Alien notes of jasmine, cashmere wood, and amber are there, just with the added strong vanilla, orris root, myrrh, and incense.

The lasting power is amazing, lasting around 7-12 hours on my skin. Sillage is also amazing.

cocodust

This is such a beautiful scent. I keep getting testers from the stores because until I can buy it I want to keep smelling it!

Beautiful soft jasmine, not harsh at all, a powdery sweetness with vanilla, feels full and warm and luxurious.

Can't wait to get this, just a shame it's so pricey but you can smell the quality you are getting with it and it lasts ages. My tester strips still smell divine after 2-3 days!

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

Wow, love this. I am not an Alien fan, but this is beautiful. It smells like Alien, but with a soft, sweet well-rounded difference. Much softer, almost buttery, like melted caramel or butterscotch. Has a beautiful, sweet vanilla drydown. Just yum.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Oh, Alien, with your little cute bottle, I just want to squeeze you! And try out this intense/absolute version of you. So I have a few samples.

The top notes are a strange but great smelling mix of licorice, root beer, and camphor. I love camphor so it's all good, but some may be put off by the medicated soda accord. After awhile the Alien that we all know and love comes through, waves of intensely sweet, liquidy smooth Jasmine mingled with vanilla. It is really strong, but before it gets too overwhelming, the drydown kicks in, and that is where you have your delicious vanilla, with a hint of incense and a smidgen of myrrh to give it some texture. I don't find this Alien to be woody at all.

I like this, I may even really like this, but I guess at $130 for 1 oz I expect a perfume that is going to turn my nose upside down and make me forsake most others. Plus, I wish it really was woodier/smokier. The sillage is good, longevity is great at 10+ hours, but unless the price goes down, I will be contented with my bottle of Alien Eau de Toilette that currently resides on my shelf.

Shwets
Shwets

Gorgeous Alien (rounded jasmine) with Hypnotic Poison
but smells divine on the skin unlike either.
Massive sillage and longevity!!

If you love Poeme then you need to try this - Alien Essence Absolue is what i wanted Poeme to be both as a scent and on my skin.

claire25
claire25

Each of the last few reviews has a different take on what this fragrance can be compared to...vanilla coke...gardenia...rubber(!)...I think for good reason. This is a scent that is just plain confusing to the (human) nose. Maybe it is indeed meant for aliens.

On my skin almost the only thing I can smell a few minutes post-application is a faint minty/medicinal-like odor, almost like "Icy Hot" (the sports rub). Right after application, some components of this fragrance seem woodsy/mossy to me, but very quickly this odor takes on vaguely artificial/medicinal overtones, prior to reaching that "Icy Hot" point. Even the post-drydown vanilla notes in this incline more to the "artificial vanilla extract" side of things. If all that sounds confusing...well, it is.

I had hoped this would be nicely woody/spicy on my skin, but I wonder if I'm ever going to find a perfume nowadays that holds such a scent without going off into the "synthetic"-smelling range. (I have my heart set on a bottle of Chantecaille's Kalimantan, which I feel may be a little closer to what I'm looking for).

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

I tried it several times, just to be able to judge it without my bad memories of Womanity and every other pafrum of this house, actually, every time this smells the same: rubber! rubber! nothing more. I offically dislike this house and all its attempts to produce perfumes!

babel
babel

I tried it at Macy's today. I get a sense of gardenia more than 90%. Yet there is no gardenia in the description. Am I the only one?

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A rich, succulent perfume that seems so desirable..

The notes are very interesting as the scent is woody, sweet but mildly floral. So lush and, the test on my own skin lasts and constantly transforms from dark mysterious to exquisite gourmand with a hint of oud.

A temptress!

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

I tried it today, it is SO good! I love it.
I have alien and this is like its cute cousin.

Jasmine, Amber and the cashmere woody note is what probably resembles the original alien BUT this one has TONS of vanilla in it, I mean it's powerful but in a really good kinda light way!
Incense and Myrrh give a smoky feel to it, or to put it more bluntly.....it made me feel like i'm floating, i swear :D
The orris root give it a powdery sophisticated finish.

I love how this perfume has the alien soul but it's independent on its own, it's like a totally different individual BUT you know that it's an Alien, you know what i mean? hehe.
I can't comment on the sillage and on its longevity cause i didn't get it.......yet!

IMO it's a casual perfume (compared to alien) and could be worn day or night. Suits all seasons as well if you wear it right.
I love it.

lisa o
lisa o

I was amused by a perfume that suggests to gain weight only by smelling it...nice;-).... but since someone walked by after cinema in a cloud of it (and I guess one squeeze is enough for this size of cloud) I realized that it's quite unrelated to....ahm...any occasion (for me at least)...a bit ridiculous this ho-hum dressed woman and this thick and monstrous perfume with her.....it's somewhat cool in it's opulence, though.

Spido
Spido

@Umka2010: In my memory: Not in the slightest.

Trinity
Trinity

Just one word: Heavenly!

Aysu
Aysu

Scent is similar to Taste of Fragrance but I like this more than any other Alien creations. There is not mint like - spicy accord in this, vanilla (replacing caramel of Taste of Fragrance) is definitely better and more natural. Jasmine note is now more rounded. What I most like in this fragrance is that I find it very cosy, comforting and warm. Other Aliens were, well, really alien :-) Vanilla is like Hypnotic Poison, I don't mean that this scent is similar to Hypnotic Poison but the use of vanilla is similar to that, soft and comforting but very dominant.
P.S. Could not detect incense. Killer sillage and superb staying power, great job.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

The best Alien ever! I´m sooo in love!

daisy25
daisy25

I tested it today and i fell in love with it!!!!!i want it desperately!it is so sweet on my skin and smells so unique.I can still smell it on my arm through my clothes although i tested it in the morning.I WANT IT!unfortunately i can't aford it for the time being :(

Pbeschi

Finally a perfume that stands out!!! I have tried so many lately, trying to find the one that smells yummy, lasts long and doesn't smell like my grandma. I tried: flowerbomb, Tom Ford black orchid, the one, Chanel Noir, Ange ou Demon, Womanity, For Her...nothing lasts on my skin, but Angel! But I don't want to wear it, because it's my sister's signature perfume :(
Now Alien EDP I don't like: it smells like rotten cigarette filters. No kidding. Alien Essence Absolue instead smells gorgeous and so yummy. It reminds me of licorice, but not in the cloying way Loverdose does. AEA it's soft and marvelous, because I can smell its whiffs even 9 hours after I sprayed it. It stays on clothes too. I am giving it a 10/10 as far as longevity. 8/10 sillage (even though it is hard to judge: I should smell it on someone else to be sure).

Finalmente un profumo che esce dallo scontato!! Ne ho provati moltissimi ultimamente, ma o non durano o mi ricordano i tempi della televisione in bianco e nero... Solo Angel sembra durare sulla mia pelle, ma mica posso indossare sempre e solo Angel no? Insomma AEA è forte (4 spruzzi durano tutto il giorno, due sul collo e due sulle bracca),ma udite udite non annoiano chi mi sta vicino. Questo profumo sa di liquirizia, di dolce, di qualcosa di meraviglioso. Provatelo!! Io l'incenso non lo sento, sento solo che mi fa sentire in paradiso e speciale: ancora non c'è l'ha nessuno! Durata 10/10 e scia 8/10 (ma forse non so giudicare dato che non l'ho mai sentito addosso a nessuno...)

nikkic78
nikkic78

I am in a funk. I have been looking over my collection and not feeling like wearing anything I own. I don't know if something's going on with my body chemistry but lately my chemistry has been bringing out all the masculine aspects of whatever I've put on and I'm craving vanilla. Today I put on the only thing in my arsenal that I thought might not go too masculine and has vanilla...one spray of The One on left wrist. Still not satisfied, at lunch I strolled over to the department store and played with Shalimar.
Then I caught a glimpse of Alien Essence Absolue and was surprised as it is on my to try list, I didn't know the store I was in carried it. So in my excitement I went ahead and sprayed some on my only remaining unperfumed wrist.
For the entire 30 minutes before my sinuses completely closed up as punishment for my overzealous restlessness...this beauty lived up to all of it's promises and may be exactly what I need at this moment. Sweet bright jasmine, amber, vanilla...I cannot wait to get you alone...
I promise to test it more thoroughly in the coming days/weeks. Potentially the only FB I purchase in 2012 and the only thing I wear for months...

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

As with the original Alien, there is something in this that gives me a headache. It feels like the jasmine is way too pronounced on my skin, because I'm not getting a lot of the wonderful woody, resinous notes that are listed, but I detect a hint of dusty smoke.

I do, however, love Alien Taste of Fragrance!!

auroramaria
auroramaria

When I first tested this I immediately thought that TM had released his best scent since Angel.
This is a really serious perfume IMHO it is what a perfume lover like me would wanna have sitting on her dresser.
It's dense, warm, comforting and so very sexy.
Sillage and longevity are the best yoy can ask from a scentand it's perfect for autumn and winter wear.
Besides you can smell original Alien in the middle of this concotion so it doesn' get any better than that.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

If you are an Alien fan I know you will love this. I agree with the person who said that it smelled like the Gout Taste of Fragrance Alien. Except this has more vanilla and incense and less licorice. I am not much of an incense fan myself for now, because I noticed my taste changes on the days and my mood. Regardless, that does not take away the fact that my Alien is still present and I will forever love it. The bottle is gorgeous, I love gold bottle. To me it's like my little alien took a trip to the middle east and wanted to light some incense in the air. My best description of this smell is that scene when Carrie and Miranda in Sex and the City part 2 when they go to Abu Dhabi in the market and Miranda wants to purchase more incense. I picture them wearing this Alien in an exotic desert paradise. I also found this to be more softer than the original Alien, yet the staying power is still there. If you are seeking a subtle version of this magnificent fragrance I suggest you try it. Alien will be my favorite for all time.

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

I really wanted to like this but it's just too strong for my little nose and head. it gives me a headache.
the bottle is so lovely and the notes are lovely as well so i wonder what is it that gives me such a headache :-(

tweekthetwitch
tweekthetwitch

I love the original Alien, but it does tend to ...near overpower and entire room. (I can immediately tell if someone is wearing it..near 4 feet away.)
I'm a...subdued individual. So this version of Alien I was very fond of. It lasted, and had the hints of Alien I loved all while without completely overpowering all other senses.

ritacatita
ritacatita

To me, wearing Alien is magical. It is something that arises from the emotional world, transcending any rationalization.
This new version evolves you in a mesmerizing, cosy and perfectly sweetened veil of amber and vanilla, which flatters the characteristics woods and jasmine. The incense plays an important role, providing that bewitching veil that embraces you from top to base notes.
Nevertheless, original alien gently pulsates under the veil, letting you know he is there for you.

servana
servana

I love the original, as well as most of the spin-offs. This however, I do not like. Upon first spray,I noticed that the scent was very rich, & had a definite warmth to it. If you keep smelling it, this scent will definitely lure you in, & underneath what (on me) was distinctly liquorice-esque, I could smell the jasmine, & the other notes which make up the original alien as well as its spin-offs. However, this was only if I was looking for it. Straight-up, the scent was very mature & was filled with what almost smelled like black licorice (must have been the myrrh playing tricks on me).

However, upon the dry-down, that note disappeared & the jasmine remained, with the dry down of this scent being the same as alien. I definitely like the dry-down, I'm just not sure that I can handle this scent for the first hour. It's too mature for my tastes.

In relation to sillage & longevity, this is a strong, powerful scent, as are all of Mugler's other fragrances. And if you're looking for something strong, warm & mature with a white floral dry-down, this is for you.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This scent is like a candied amplified version of the original Alien. The sweetness is played up and combined with myrrh which gives it a strange almost medicinal twang. This also features Thierry Mugler's unique rendering of jasmine. Personally I would pick the original over this one, this version takes it to the next level which really is too much IMO.
If you love this, be kind and spray chastely, the sillage is a killer.

duskangel101
duskangel101

I agree with those who found it similar to the Taste of Fragrance version, though I think caramel works much better with this fragrance. The vanilla added a sugary component that seems rather unecessary in my book, caramel just blended much more smoothly. For those who are looking for a generous sprinkle of sugar, this may be worth a try.

renneyg007
renneyg007

I find the original Alien way too dry & overpowering on me and only tried this at my local debenhams by chance. This stuff has some serious staying power! I tried it on my wrist and on a tester strip, could still smell it on my wrist about 8 hours later and the strip still smells a week later. What i love is its sweetness, warmth & strength, it just want to keep smelling myself. The dry down was sweet sweet vanilla, not overly special and no detectable incense. Not a perfume i could carry on a daily basis but definately a serious contender for my collection, though it dont come cheap.

daisywest

OMG!! It is so yummy and spicy, makes me wanna eat my own arm. It reminds me the X'mas time. Yummy yummy X'mas pudding ~~

Fiammuz
Fiammuz

I am a fan of Alien and I love all versions.
But this... I do not know...
At the beginning it has a fantastic sweetness, delicate jasmine, and intense vanilla...
But then ... incredible! Become a disgusting: sugary honey with a touch of cat urine...
No, this Alien is not for me!

ailishlu
ailishlu

I have a sample and I wore it for a while yesterday. It smells good to start with but then it goes all sugary syrupy on me. It certainly is very strong and lasts all day. I don´t really get incense and find the vanilla drydown very common to many other fragrances. A very nice scent which actually reminded me of a stronger version of Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence for women. I find it a tad too expensive and you`d be better off with the Davidoff if this is what you`re looking for. I do however find the classic Alien Edp absolutely beautiful and much better than this and well worth buying. I don`t find them too alike.

alexandrafaith
alexandrafaith

Registered myself on here just to review this perfume.
I am an avid fan of Alien EDP and found myself buying two bottles of Alien LGDP last year. I found this to be similar to LGDP in the bitterness of the perfume immediately after application. But...

The dry down completely blows me away.
The vanilla sticks out a mile on my skin and makes me smell good enough to eat. It is a warm and sensual vanilla, very appealing. Not a massive fan of incense but this doesn't stick out on my skin.

Tried a sample on the back of my hand in Debenhams and went about the rest of my day lusting after it (no bottles to buy in Liverpool). Even after doing the washing up nine hours after application, the scent was still going strong long after going to bed.

This might actually trump Alien EDP as my favourite TM fragrance. I am a part time sales assistant at TPS and my Alien hating colleague has fallen in love with it from the sample I got in Debenhams.

In short, within 24hrs I spent about £115 on the 30ml refillable spray, a 60ml refill and the body balm.

BEST PURCHASE THIS YEAR. :)

bananas
bananas

I am new to this review. I have tried the original ALIEN many times & must say not a fan & have not been inpired to buy. But.... tried ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE on as a tester whilst waltzing through department store buying pefume gifts for others & I was blown away in my tracks!!
I thought I had died & gone to vanilla/amber syrupy heaven!!
I purchased it staight away on the spot & have re-applied just for the sake of bathing in this scent all night long. Despite the fact that it continues to resonate on me I cannot seem to get enough.
Amazing & surprising discovery.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

This is gorgeous! Alien's sweeter sister. I love it. Adding to my favourites.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

On my skin Alien Essence Absolue starts out just like Alien EDP but with plenty of gourmand sweetness.
What I can smell instantly is jasmine (though not half as much as in Alien EDP), vanilla and amber.

While it dries down, Alien Essense Absolue turns all soft, warm, sweet and cosy with prominent notes of amber, vanilla and myrrh, and jasmine and earthy-rooty-woody notes in the background.
This is the Alien that gives you a hug and snuggles up to you while you are watching the sun go down after a sunny day in autumn.

It lasts around 8 hours on my skin and projects with average strength.

On my skin Alien Essence Absolue is not similar to Tasty Alien which comes out all salty on me.
So if Tasty Alien is more salty than sweet on your skin, too, you might want to try Essence Absolue before you buy.
If you look for a sweet and cuddly Alien, then Essence Absolue is for you!

tulpe
tulpe

This stuff is the best from alien range for me,it is sweeter, more ambery than orginal, though its begining is very alike alien , but the base is charming... on my wishlist, for sure :)

jadegreyhounds
jadegreyhounds

Tried it a couple days ago and cannot stop thinking about it. It is a breathtaking scent indeed. I agree with the balmy, warm and a bit more vanilla than original comments and also much more pure and long-lasting. I have always liked Alien, but never enough to buy it. Alien Absolute has me thinking of the things I am willing to do to get it! It has cast a spell on me, or I guess, it has obducted me.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

Sweet, warm, rich, beautiful. Lovely. Straight to my "want list" ! :)

laantjebanaantje

If Alien is a stunning, but very distracted, unfocussed and absent goddes, frolicking between the stars and discovering new worlds of wonder, only to forget about them the moment she discovers something else, then Alien Essence Absolue is her mother, residing on Earth. Eons of living have chafed away all the spiky, rough edges her daughter still posesses and made her softer, rounder, but only stronger in her beauty. She is darker, more down to earth, less ethereal and much warmer. She practices the dark arts, but cares about the world around her.

Alien Essence Absolue is such a bewitching scent. It opens with the same beautiful jasmine as original Alien, but just a tiny bit darker, reminding me of Alien LGdP. And it grows darker and darker. The heart is very balmy, the woods are much much rounder and smokier then they are in the original fragrance. There is a slight animalic note as well, which gives this fragrance an amazing dirty vibe.
After some time, a powdery soft orris root appears between the animalic, balmy accords, lifting the scent up just the tiniest bit and arranging everything for the arrival of the VANILLA.
And that vanilla is the best I have ever smelled. It smells like vanilla, dear people, not like vanilla-extract. It smells like the real pods that I add to my rice pudding and massala chai.
It is more dark and spicy than it is sweet.
The caramel in the drydown of Alien Le Goût du Parfum is a lovely sweet thing, creamy and delicious and so edible. The vanilla in the drydown of Essence Absolue is not edible, it is mysterious, velvety and simply glorious.

I'm in love, can you tell?

CharlotteRosa
CharlotteRosa

This reminds me a lot of Alien, which is a beautiful fragrance, but it is somehow softer, warmer, sunnier. I can definitely smell the vanilla and amber. The fragrance lasts a long time, I feel that it smells more woody over time although it doesn't lose its sweetness. The bottle is also beautiful!

Reminds me of Lancome, Poeme

jonr951
jonr951

This TOTALLY smells like the Taste of Fragrance! But that's ok in my book. I'm gonna get this one over the Taste because it's 8 bucks more and it's refillable. I would have LOVED for it to smell like a completely different Alien but I've been wanting the Taste so this one will definitely do the trick. : )

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

At first spray, it smells like Alien. Once it settles down and reacts with my chemistry, it smells heavenly. Love, love, love the drydown. It is vanilla-y and smokey. It would be perfect for fall.

Sandlewood
Sandlewood

If you like floral oriental, give this a try. I tried a sample yesterday at Nordstroms. I have never worn the Theirry Mugler fragrance line before. I like it on other people, but on me the perfumes end up smelling sour or like dirty under-arms (the patchouli). This has a nice, crisp opening that reminded me of the berry notes in Insolense. Then it settles into a nice vanilla with some woody notes, tempered by floral. My husband liked it less than I did, but he found it pleasing. I found it had great staying power. 5 hours later, I could still get this very pleasent lingering scent. The base notes gave me a feeling of champagne or sweet liquor. The word for it is "sparkling." Although my husband wasn't an immediate fan, I'd like to give this another try. Seemed great for work. It has stayng power that makes an impression, without being overwhelming.

beth54
beth54

I purchased a bottle of this yesterday evening and have just sprayed it on and am loving it! Sure, it smells a whole lot like the ToF, but the vanilla note is stronger IMO. I don't think I'll regret my splurge and it WAS a splurge-not inexpensive at all! But in the past, Alien flankers have been EDT's rather than parfums and didn't have the intensity of notes that this one has. I'll be curious about longevity. If it proves to be short-lived, I may return it-but in my mind, one can never get enough Alien! Also, the shopping experience that came along with this purchase was very pleasurable-lots of free samples and a nice long visit with my favorite saleslady-who was kind enough to alert me when this version came in. I can smell this on my wrists and it is heavenly! So, yes-it is a lot like ToF and the original, but it stands on its own with the added vanilla-it is truly yummy!

orchid_84
orchid_84

I love this, but I don’t plan to buy it at this point. The reason is simply that it smells so very close to the last two “intense” versions of Alien that TM has put out, namely Taste of Fragrance and Liqueur (and I already own the latter). Absolue opens with that characteristic solar accord, somewhat sharp and jarring. There are a few short moments when I pick up on a somewhat powdery undertone from the orris, however it's gone pretty quickly. It soon moves into that familiar-but-beautiful, thick-creamy, jasmine-amber-woods scent. There really is no distinctive incense or myrrh.

I would say it’s slightly more similar to ToF than Liqueur, as both ToF and Absolue are sweeter and a little more linear and creamier in the drydown, whereas the woodier notes are more prominent in the drydown of Liqueur. Really though, all three are SO similar. Where the sweetness in ToF comes from the creamy caramel, the sweetness in Absolue comes from a rich vanilla. If there is anything that makes this slightly different from the other versions, the drydown in Absolue is a hint more vanillic. The promo material refers to black vanilla pod, and I would agree that reflects what I smell - the vanilla here is full, sensual and natural, rather than refined or sugary.

As for the bottle, I prefer the faceted glass of Liqueur and ToF. It seems more enigmatic and distant, which in my mind fits the “Alien” concept well. The new bottle has a more human, "down-to-earth" quality to it, even a slightly humorous feel.

Although I won't be rushing out to buy it, I am comforted by the fact that TM keeps putting out intense versions of Alien that amount to subtle variations of my beloved Alien Liqueur. When it runs out, it seems likely there will be some sort of suitable replacement for it.

Denisebar
Denisebar

it is beautiful!

Norgirl
Norgirl

Ahhhh,, this is so beautiul .. i found this in shop today and runed ower to test ( i love all the other Aliens so my heart jumped ower this )
this at first seam very close to tast off fragrance and also liqueure . But sniffing closer this is a bit more vanillic and softer . I love it . i have been searching for a gental vanilla floral . and i think this might be a step in the right direction. The prodjection and longevity is the same as Alien . long lasting and beautiful.. I did not buy it at ones , wanted to test and sniff to see if it was worth it. But every step i took away fro the store i regreted not buying it . So this will soon be mine.. ( back to buy for shure)A bit toffy vanilla like, with woods and jasmins. i can not detect much incense or orrisroot at all. infact i am supriseed to see it listed ,
This is a must have for Alien Lovers like me ;)

aki777
aki777

And finally got today my 30ml bottle together with a refill bottle, refill purse spray and a body balm of Alien Essence Absolute, all as a surprise gift from my lovely Hubby who knows how I adore all the Aliens ;) the bottle itself is just gorgeous! the packaging of the purse spray and body balm is so pretty-a real treasure and nice keepsake for any Alien lover. Body balm is rich and yummy on the skin, just perfect!;) now, The juice smells...very characteristic of the Alien range! yes, no revolution here, no significant changes to the smell itself. You still get these strong notes of amber, jasmine and cashmeran wood, whilst other notes, apart from incense are imho really hard to detect. This edition is definitely heavy, rich and opulent-similar to the Taste of the Fragrance and the Liqueur de Parfum which I own as well-perfect in cooler weather. It's been 30mins since I sprayed it and it is going very strong, didn't really change since the beginning, I would only say the incense was more detectable at the early stage-first 10mins-no orris root in here either;) I suppose the longevity is great on my skin as always, easy 12 hours, can small it on the next day (esp in my hair). Overall, I love this edition, still a great scent. Is it surprising? not really. Is it nice to have? yes if you're addicted to Alien as I am lol ;D Agree with the comments below-a bit disappointed cause it smells almost identical to other Aliens but I'm happy to make it a part of my Alien Clan ;) I'm sorted for the next 3-4 years ;)) Will update on the dry down later on. xx

Edit: Alien Essence lasts around 10hours on my skin, settles to a very warm and cosy incense/amber smell, very close to the skin tho. I'm not impressed with the lasting power and projection, expected a bit more from this highly concentrated version of Alien but still love it and enjoy every time I wear it! x

Bebette
Bebette

Weirdddd!!!! I received my sample of this from TM today and am rather confused! It smells exactly, and I mean exactly like Alien Taste of Fragrance! Since it was sent directly by them I know it wasn't tampered with, but perhaps they packaged the wrong fragrance? It came in a dipstick sample, not like the sample for ToF and is clearly labeled "Essence Absolue" on the sample itself and has the name and description on the cover. I really don't know, as I said I'm quite shocked but I have Absolue on one wrist and ToF on the other and I cannot tell even the slightest difference! I've only been wearing it for an hour, so perhaps the dry down is different? I'll update then. As far as the comments on HP I can't be 100% accurate as I've only tested that on paper but to me this smells nothing like it. Hmmmm...

dannysmom
dannysmom

I received my bottle of this yesterday and I'm wearing it today. If you live in the US and want to know where you can purchase this, pm me. It won't let me type store names on reviews.

Anyway, this has a definite rootbeer quality to it. Like the below reviewer said, it is pretty much alien mixed with hypnotic poison. It starts out a little bubbly (rootbeer) and then it mellows into the original alien with boozy/rootbeer vanilla. It is very similar to the original alien, but I'm still glad I bought a bottle. The added vanilla will make it nice for autumn and winter.

As far as strength, the original alien seems stronger. I will update later with how long it lasts on my skin.

Edit- I put this on at 7am. It's now 1pm and I can still smell it. It's barely there, but I still catch little whiffs of it. So, I'd say about 4 hours of good sillage. Then it fades to a skin scent.

Migotka
Migotka

I tried it out in Selfridges yesterday.
I was super excited about it- I love all things Alien and vanilla is one of my favourite notes. Plus you have incense and jasmine and cashmere wood- very hard not to be curious.

I left the store quite happy, but also a bit disappointed. First of all, yes, it is nice. At first I found it very similar to the original, so similar that it seemed that it was probably not worth getting this version, since I already have got one Alien and do not need a backup bottle. That being said, when the vanilla kicks in, it becomes a lot rounder and softer. And it becomes very similar to Dior's Hypnotic Poison. The same type of vanilla links the two, but then, I think HP was better made and more memorable.

It has 'intense' in the name, but after 3 hours it is gone on my skin. The price for this one is pretty high as compared to most Mugler's flankers, and this combined with the fact that the perfume is good but not outstanding makes me think that the one person that needs to be congratulated is whoever came up with the idea and organised the promotional campaign. I think I'd still rather go with the original Alien or HP than have a combo of two that is not even that long lasting.

APassionateJourney

Then they would review it or something else. The majority of the time they have not smelled it and are just commenting on the house or their dislike of a certain celebrity.

AMDs44

I wish Fragranticans understand that there is a lot of people who worked on these products and they can vote :D

APassionateJourney

No, they have NOT tried it and I wish people would stop doing that!

laantjebanaantje

People who voted, have you tried it yet? And if you have, would you please please write a review? I'm really excited about it and I'd really like to hear some opninions :)

Alien Essence Absolue by Thierry Mugler 4.35 out of 5 based on 1089 ratings and 232 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.2oz
ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE for WOMEN by Thierry Mugler EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE SPRAY .2 OZ MINI
Eau De Parfum 1oz
ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE for WOMEN by Thierry Mugler EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE REFILLABLE SPRAY 1 OZ
Eau De Parfum 2oz
ALIEN ESSENCE ABSOLUE for WOMEN by Thierry Mugler EAU DE PARFUM INTENSE REFILLABLE SPRAY 2 OZ TESTER
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue Eau De Parfum Intense The Refillable Stones Spray 30ml 1oz
Eau De Parfum 2oz
Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue Eau De Parfum Intense Refill Bottles 60ml 2oz
Eau De Parfum 2oz
Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue Eau De Parfum Intense The Refillable Stones Spray 60ml 2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alien Essence Absolue by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alien Essence Absolue by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.