Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Alien Liqueur de Parfum Thierry Mugler for women

Alien Liqueur de Parfum Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

rum

Another fragrant alien arrives in August 2009 from treasury of fragrances by the house of Thierry Mugler. Its flacon is iridescent in amber nuances. Composition of the new edition, Alien Liqueur de Parfum, is dominated by rum notes, accompanied by ingredients from the first edition (Sambac jasmine, woody accords, amber), which leave an impression of luxurious liqueur it was named after. Type of fermentation is also special, since the classical Alien EDP was left in oak casks just like rum was left to ripe. The flacon was created of transparent glass, with clear and smoothly cut sides, just like precious crystal. The perfume is available as 30ml perfume.

Rum Woodsy Notes Jasmine Amber Oak Tree Almond

Alien Essence Absolue
The Taste of Fragrance Alien
Sexual Star

Alien Liqueur de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

arlina1
arlina1

I was surprised at the reviews that said this smelled like Alien Essence Absolue. I own both and know my bottles are the real thing because I bought them from Macy's. To me they smell nothing alike.

I know the profile of this perfume is 1 dimension but I smelled very strong jasmine that just overwhelmed everything else. I barely smelled rum which is what I was after. I was very disappointed. If you are going to name something after liqueur then it should smell like liqueur. I let several others smell it in the bottle and on me and they said flower is all they smelled. I will be exchanging this because I know I won't wear it.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Well, in my opinion, there is no difference between this one and the original Alien and the Alien Absolu.

dollycalifornia
dollycalifornia

Okay so if you ask me to tell the difference between this one and Alien Essence Absolue, I would say... NONE !
I tested both today one on each wrist and could'nt tell the difference, they are very similar.
If you already have one of the two I would'nt recomend to buy the other one or you could be disapointed. Indeed, it is a very warm and pleasant scent, more for cold weather because of the power of the fragrance.

fedz
fedz

I wish the rum stayed longer, not a couple of minutes.
I love it, but I am kind of disappointed as I already have "The taste of fragrance" and it's almost the same.
So, did I need the liqueur?NO!

WildDove
WildDove

Vats of honey, surrounded by orange blossoms and jasmine, accented with a quirky metallic edge.

judyk
judyk

I won't go into too much detail here - I basically second ForrealMe2's review. Suffice it to say, I find Liqueur de Parfum similar to Absolue in that it's smoother than the original Alien, but it's not as sweet/floral as Absolue. I'd say overall it's closer to the original, but super-concentrated! One small spray this morning is still strutting its stuff 7 hours later. And I couldn't be happier. :-)

Atila RRM
Atila RRM

Have you seen the new "liqueur de parfum" range for 2013??? It seems to be the Mugler´s holiday´s limited editions for this year!!! I´m so anxious about trying them all (Pure Malt; Angel; Womanity and specially Alien). Google it and look for the unique and futuristic metallized glass bottles - i thought all of them amazing! I just would like to know if these new "enhanced by the essence of fine spirits" limited editions have the exactly same formulation from the 2009 first liqueur-de-parfum edition... I hardly can´t wait to put my fingers (nose, heart and soul) in a Pure Malt 'Creation 2013' bottle.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I hope this review helps those undeciced about whether its worth buying the whole line or choosing one..because i know it can be hard to decide and i kept on comparing but now i can give a better review since i own this so with that here we go :)..I just got this in the mail and i must say first that this must be one of the most adorable,cutest and prettiest bottles i have ever owned...i thought it would be bigger but it is so small..really adorable...but the juice..my goodness i can smell it right out of the bottle...initially you smell the original alien with the jasmine and amber but this time you get the rum and almonds instantly in the top notes...it makes this Alien's jasmine sweeter versus sharper which is actually nice..very nice i think i prefer it more but it being limited edition and harder to find is very dissappointing and puts me back to making it permanent..i really think it should be offered all the time as a full larger size bottle i believe it's better than the original Alien..it totally sweetens it up without going vanilla like absolue and i really like it maybe more than Absolue now..i think both the regular Alien is wonderful too..for me personally the louder the better which means they are going to last and be of great quality..this is a more aged Alien..less intense/sharpe floral as the original but more of an intense deeper, sweeter quality like an aged wine which is what they were going for here.. in the drydown the almonds turns into a more cherried wood but there is a plus to this that the dry down of this is stronger than the original its like they work totally opposite the original starts strong and ends weaker and this starts less and dries down stronger..I will say i was looking for more of the rum and the almonds to stand out but it is more like they are just added notes in the mix than a more revised version of this..it is too similar to the original Alien yet it is better...I don't wish to offend anyone just to better describe the differences...if this was a permanent fragrance they offered i believe i would choose it over Absolue but since its not Absolue has enough booziness and vanilla to enjoy without being limited..

So for a new rendition it is really nice to add these notes and makes the original Alien more interesting and more preferable..i feel these experimentations with Liqueur and TOF is what gave us our wonderful Alien Absolue for today so i say keep bringing them on in order to make wonderful future scents we will love..i would say for a collector it is nice to have the bottle and i think you can do just as good with getting the Alien TOF that is cheaper and still available but i wanted to get one of these to collect the bottle and still get something closer to the original Alien which i don't have so this works out great for me..for someone who doesn't care note wise you may feel its too close to the original and just stick with the original...If you want the sweetness you get in Absolue without the vanilla get this one then.. just consider the fact it is limited edition and not easily available.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Oh, how I do love this one!!!

This is like the original Alien went to a high class bar in her best outfit matched with killer heels and a VERY expensive clutch under her arm. And what does she order to drink? The most refined, superb Rum on offer.

All on another planet, and possibly in another Galaxy.

This has all the original Alien notes teamed with beautiful Rum and roasted Almonds - and there are some gorgeous dark, woody notes in there too once it's had time to dry down.

It is just exquisite in every way, and in true Mugler fashion - a couple of spritz's will last you all day (and night) and seduce everyone else around you as well.

The original Alien is what I'd deem as sex in a bottle - where as this one takes it a step further than that. This beauty, like it's mother, abducted me without any sort of fight or struggle...I happily went with them!

THANK YOU to the beautiful Fragrantician who sent me this decant, it is literally out of this world ♥

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

Oh my gosh.
I love this. I have tested the regular Alien but nothing compares to this!
This is sweet and woody. Amazing combination.
Has a hint of alcohol to it though. Not the cleaning alcohol but the drinking kind.

fdmc
fdmc

I love perfumes and as such a habit of saving all the empty bottles of perfumes I ever had, but I'm coreful to leave a few drops in the bottle to go there once in a while and remember the smell when used. Today I was enjoying my collection of empty bottles and perfume that gave me the most was this longing to use Alien.
I love all the Thierry Mugler perfume and this is no exception.
This perfume is a true masterpice. It is sensual, chic and magnetic, when he was wearing this perfume all people noticed my wonderful smell and some people with untrained nose sometimes said "today you're wearing too much perfume".
I recommend to all woman.
Again congratulations Thierry Mugler this divne creation.

pippab
pippab

Hmmm. Is it woods I'm smelling when I say I get a paper-ish note on the drydown? I've smelled this note before and I really don't know if it appeals to me. I have fragrances which have woods in them that I really love, but I'm not sure about this one. I think I can probably do without it in my collection.

cinema1974
cinema1974

Using all my Gift cards lately and purchased this one beautiful bottle of leather rum and floral of Alien...Love this perfume...it is amazing and it has amber hues which I love...It a fragrance that smells amazing. Only regret is that I should purchased a bigger bottle.

bfrosty
bfrosty

You wouldn't expect most things to quiet down when they are drunk unless that's just their type but perhaps Aliens do it differently. This is a smoother version of the original and very similar to the newer absolue variant but without the vanilla which makes it more appealing to me. The sweetness of the blend is most noticeable after the initial spray and evolves through the drydown without ever falling into the realm of the gourmand, choosing instead a slightly darker path. The scent slides right into the Alien core within an hour on my skin but retains a trace of the slightly cherried liquor to remind you that this is indeed a unique version. Softer and somewhat richer than it's progenitor this is something I would most recommend to those who were undecided about the original Alien.

EMonika
EMonika

Let me answer this for you: YES YES YES BUY IT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO STARVE FOR A WEEK, GET YOUR HANDS ON IT!

Age: 25
Skin: normal-oily. Medium brown.
Preferences: Fruity, vanilla, watery, sweet, citrus, woody
Perfume nose: amateur
Current season here: winter

best season Colder seasons
day/night- Afternoon/Early evening
the age of the woman who wears it- 24-40
the persona of the woman who wears it confident, je nais se quoi, alluring

I cannot draw any similarities between "taste of" and "liquer" they definitely have their own special aspects.

The first hit is woody spicy, slightly very very slightly boozy in the first few seconds. Then it settles into this very beautiful deep dark sensual woody fragrance. the jasmine is not so in your face but it combines so well with the rum. it is such a beautiful scent that lasts a very long time. The original note pyramid is exactly how it accentuates on my skin this perfume is not boring and on the drydown you get this lovely woody slightly spicy rum flower.

Guys i have tried this on my partner this is definitely a sexy guy scent too

This is for a confident woman who does not necessarily have to be bold and in your face, she has something about her that is attractive yet no one can quite figure out what it is "there is just something about her" She is alluring and men may get caught up in her sultriness as this doesnt scream sex is rather "hints" and plays with the idea of sensuality.

Definitely not a casual scent and not an everyday scent. it is a semi-formal scent dinner, date, a few cocktails, a meet up. definitely a good scent to go with blacks, navy blues, and tailored clothing.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

FINALLY!! something that actually lasts a full 24 hours!! other perfumes, take note! jeeeeeeeeesh

I'm sorry but if you are paying near or over 100 dollars a bottle and your perfume doesn't last longer than atleast 12 hours (strong) .... then it's a rip off! Tells much about our times. Save the enviornment, buy strong perfume! lol

This is super sweet super rich cinnamoned amber with hints of woods vanilla, rum, and spice

Most dominant notes I believe to be Amber and cinnamon, then the vannilla rum/spice

IT's very sweet, so if you don't like sweet than this is not for you, but if you do, or if you are like me and switch back and forth from dry to sweet, then you will love this.

And don't ever be mistaken and question if you can still smell this, you can. It honestly lasts a full 24 hours, if not more and the sillage is very decent, I constantly get compliments.

I also like that it's not overtly complex. Just as in gourmet cooking, keep it simple and you're more likely to end up with a masterpiece!

This reminds me of a honied spiced rum that's been aged in oak barrels

Almost forgot, the jasmine is definently detectable, but not what others will notice. If you like this but it's a bit too strong or sweet or thick for you, I highly reccoment Theiry Muglers 'Envies' from the Miroir collection :)

Ok, so now imagine sipping this rum from a brandy sniffer outside on your wrap around porch, there's a jasmine field nearby :)

As this dries down, it becomes even better, less gourmand more amazing

confession: sometiems the next day when I can still smell ... i spray my all time favorite 'eau de guccci' 90's version) on top and oooh what a powerhouse sex kitten I turn into :D

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

بیگانه ای در فرار از گرمای شب برای رفع عطش این معجمون تلخ خنکی را برای همراه غایب من که منتظر برای عشق بازی رایحه بدن او با ترکیب خاطرات عطر قبلی چنان دیگران را مست کرده ایبار با لیکورهم نمشود تکرار کرد .

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

As a huge fan of ALIEN, I wanted to try this as well. Of course none of the stores in Belgium had it anymore, but I did find it online at a reasonable price. I read some very positive reviews about it, so I decided to buy it.
ALIEN LIQUER DU PARFUM opens with a sharp boozy scent. Rum indeed. Very sharp and quite chic as wel.
After this it develops in the "normal" ALIEN but darker, deeper, more mysterious.
The aging has made this version a more refined, more matured version of the original.
Softer, not as loud and in your face, but stil unmistakeble ALIEN.
I can not exactly say which notes have changed or what has happened to this fragrance, why it doesn't give me the same feeling the original does.
I can only say that of all the ALIEN flankers, I like this one the most. It is definetly for special occasions only for me, and for the better, since it is such a small bottle.
It doesn't beat the brilliance of the original, but it's a close call.

Bebette
Bebette

Torn between the Alien flankers "Taste of Fragrance" and "Liqueur de Parfum" I ordered both and will review them both here! I figured I love Alien EdP so much and as these are Limited Edition EdP I better purchase them before they both disappear.

First I ordered the "Taste of Fragrance" and fell in love instantly! The original Alien was still there, though as if it had been dipped in warm, gooey caramel and covered in sea salt. If you have ever tried Starbucks' "Salted Caramel Mocha" then you know exactly how it smells! When the SB barista explained that the sea salt actually made the mocha and caramel sweeter in contrast it sounded funny until I tried it and then I completely understood! This is exactly the same with ToF! The florals are there until the end, from first spritz until several hours later when they finally take a seat for the soft, chilled caramel dry down. It basically took the original Alien and made it more innocent and approachable. The sillage and lasting power of this is equal to the original EdP 10/10, especially on clothing!

Next, I ordered "Liqueur de Parfum" and was unsure what to expect. I was a bartender for years and the LAST thing I wanted to do was walk around in Florida's heat smelling of a bottle of rum! After lots of inner debate on whether to try it or to order a second bottle of ToF I gave in to curiosity. Luckily, this cat didn't get killed! Upon first spritz (and myself being over-eager) it was rum overload! I'm talking a straight kick to the nose by Captain Morgan Spiced Rum! In disbelief, I sniffed it again 10 seconds later and it was gone already. Behind the rum top note was again my original Alien, this time deeper, darker, and also gourmand. The beautiful flowers were not destroyed in the aging process after all but elegantly matured. There is a slight spice to it and it is indeed refreshing but no one would associate it with rum unless you told them what it is. Again, sillage and lasting power are a 10/10.

Overall, I love them both very much and if I had to choose only one I wouldn't be able to! It makes me sad that they won't be around forever, but knowing Thierry Mugler, he will be sure to win over my heart in his upcoming releases!

katienchris

diffrent yet the same family as Alien the original, smells somewhat clean but not soapy. I cant put my finger on it but it's got me hooked!!

As someone who never fully appreciated the namesake, ALIEN, I am pleasantly surprised by this Thierry Mugler creation, the name of which strongly suggests that it is a merely tweaked flanker: ALIEN LIQUEUR DE PARFUM. In fact, this perfume wears completely differently on my skin. Gone are the synthetic purple aspects, having been replaced by enough gourmand elements, including rum, to remind me in the opening minutes of LOLITA LEMPICKA--as strange as that may sound. I should say that my sample appears to have evaporated somewhat, so I am testing a super-concentrated liquid which looks more like parfum than edp.

The jasmine of this composition is beautiful, and it mingles with the sweet and woody components extremely well to create a very enticing elixir indeed. What I tend not to like about this house, the rampant use of in-your-face synthetics, is not a problem here. ALIEN LdP does not smell at all alien to me and appears to have been totally misnamed! This is a beautiful sweet jasmine perfume which I'd love to add to my collection.

melia
melia

Merry Christmas everyone!

I gave this to my mom yesterday after having it for a halfyear and wearing it only once. There are two reasons for it:
1. I smell Alien everywhere around me lately, mostly on Arabic women
2. I never thought I would say this but... It really is too strong for me! I always thought, the stronger the better, no re-applies, people can actually smell it on you, etc. But this just intimidates me with it's sillage. The whole house smells like it now because my mom sprayed it on her yesterday.

But other than that the smell is nice, it's alien with a orangy-sweet-amber note. It definitely stands out. So if you feel comfortable with those points I mentioned, this is definitely something for you to hunt after!

katienchris

i have this but expected nnot to like it i wanted it because i always buy limited editions when i can..ha ha it really does smell like rum at first then this lovely sweet almost non descript scent forms alas in the end its a very complex beautiful it lasts forver and sillage is beyond what i expected..thank you so much thierry for making your flankers with quality. My husband likes this he thinks Angel though smells like a household cleaner and the original alien to be a musty mess

Woodelf
Woodelf

I purchased Alien Liqueur because I love Angel Liqueur and I thought - another dark, mysterious liqueur scent, why not?

At first spray, I wasn't sure what to think. Jasmine and rum - I'm not sure they work well together, but within a half an hour, after the scent dries down, the jasmine retreats to the background and the luscious rum scent takes centre stage. It actually reminds me of American Honey liqueur: smooth, sweet, warm with amber and ever so slightly woodsy.

Sillage is very good and the lasting power is great! I don't like having to reapply scents during the day (there never seems to be an appropriate place to respray), but Alien Liqueur lasts all day. When I wear it, I feel like a bit wanton, strong, a bit mischievous. Wear this and become a temptress!

Cmanier
Cmanier

OMG!! I don't think there a better fall/winter fragrance out there than this!!! Just received my bottle from amazon today!!! Lord have Mercy!! i have never smelled anything so complex and lovely.. Feminine,woodsy,almondy with aged rum!!! I LOVE THIS!!! A MUST HAVE!!! if you like woodsy oriental

elfremar
elfremar

Unfortunately this gorgeous fragrance is a limited edition and I have only half a bottle left.It's like Alien,but then again it's not,it's definitely a one off.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

well....I bought this perfume from a discount perfume site after reading great reviews...on first impression I wasn't quite sure as I really liked the original alien and this was quite a lot different. Somehow it smelt of cough medicine and quite soft and rummy almost like brandy snaps. However, when I put it on it was a completely different story...OMG...it's absolutely divine...just want to keep smelling it ALL the time :-)
Two squirts seem to last whole day and everyone keeps saying 'oooohhh what are you wearing cause it smells gorgeous yet delicate'...so there are you are, I am converted big time!

karisma2011
karisma2011

my favourite Alien by a mile!

got a bottle last year (2010) in London's Selfridges, and i use bit by bit as i'm sadly aware it was a limited edition. it stays on for hours and it's basically sex on legs!

girls, use it for a hot date or for an important boardroom meeting, smells expensive (well, it is as well:)) and u will feel in charge!:)

whiten
whiten

I've never seen this I only remember dark and light purple aliens. is this a limited edition and/or discontinued???

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This fragrance is so stunningly beautiful with both the juice and the bottle being among my favorites in my collection.

It starts off with a deep sensually sumptuous note of rum.

That strong rum scent fades fairly quickly on me and the jasmine comes through more strongly, but with luxuriously boozy undertones left even when the perfume dries down.

The amber offsets the other notes well in the woodsy drydown.

The sillage and longevity are among the best of any scent I have ever used, and it attracts so many compliments.

To me this is an extremely classy and sophisticated perfume. It's a real treat for the senses. Another classic Thierry Mugler perfume. I love it!

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

Its worth every penny!!! Too bad its a limited edition. I was worried that I would ever run out of this scent. I bought myself 3 others bottles just in case! This smells sexy, and glorious. It will captivate everyone around you. Alien at its best!

bezus
bezus

It's the best of Mugler's creations and more beautiful than the other Alien versions.Very warm,sexy and with excellent longevity.My absolute favorite!LOVE IT!

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

just lovin it!! it is even better than the original one!!

orchid_84
orchid_84

I absolutely love Alien Liquer de Parfum...it's one of my all time favorite scents, if not my number one favourite. It is creamier and more intense than the original, while retaining the uniqueness of the Alien concept. I would also say it is more well-rounded, with the notes balancing each other out nicely. Alien Liquer is all about the intense solar-jasmine accord that is simultaneously in-your-face and mysterious, deepened by woods and rum.

When I first spray this, I get warm spices and a bit of sharp booziness. It starts off sweet with the rum note in combination with the signature "solar" accord that makes Alien so distinctive. It gets progressively warmer as the jasmine and amber intensify, and the rum note fades into the background. I get a hint of rich almonds, which makes this scent even more luscious and buttery-thick than the original. The drydown is an amazingly heady, dry, sexy, woody-amber-jasmine scent. I would describe it as bold, mysterious, eccentric and sensual. This is a thoroughly intoxicating statement-maker; it is not a scent to wear when you want to blend in.

The lasting power and projection are amazing. One or two sprays of this lasts all day on me. People tell me I smell "delicious" when I wear this scent. It is also housed in one of the most gorgeous, intriguing bottles I've seen.

Valentino
Valentino

Tee hee, I'm a straight guy who wears Alien Liquer de Parfum!

I find this to be an eminently more wearable proposition for those who find the original a bit too much. Somehow it seems more complex, more sophisticated and done with more 'panache', yet also prettier and lighter than the original! Wow, that was a mouthful, but that's what I wanted to say!The sambac jasmine here is so fresh and delicate, it will blow your mind!

The whole liquer thing is over in minutes, leaving you to enjoy the jasmine and that mysterious Alien note in the base. The closest I can get to describing it is 'plastic violets'. What the hec is a plastic violet? Anyway, there might be one in here.

(Thanks to my lovely friend pansylady for the recommendation!)

rednut
rednut

Love it with a passion. Definitely oriental woody and where most fail for me, this makes the grade. It is big and bold and certainly an evening scent. I haven't smelled the original alien so cannot make a comparison and i'm not sure I will bother. I wish they did a bigger bottle although it does last and you don't need much- Its longevity is superb. For me it's a very sexy scent and one I will buy again and probably quite soon just in case they discontinue it. Doesn't get much better than this for me.

kikikikris
kikikikris

Very strong and dry that gave me headache.

It surely leaves long trails behind you. I often catch those trails from ladies who wear it, even 2-3 metres away.

Staying power is like, forever. Rest assured, I washed it with 70% alcohol, it was still there.

I became scared of Mugler...Given that his perfumes are impossibly powerful.

Giovanna
Giovanna

I love the original Alien, and I thought I would also love this one, but I was so wrong! When I first sprayed it I got a smoothed and creamier Alien, which seemed even better that the original one, but on my way home it started it's mutation into something really nauseating to my taste...headache inducing - and I like super stong scents! It reminded me of emporio armani lei, which I can't stand! I guess I will keep to the original Alien! :)

elusivek
elusivek

Obviously it's very similar to the original and I like the extra woodsy/spicy amber element but it seems to lose some of the opening that makes Alien so different. The jasmine isn't quite the same during the mid notes but the dry down is fabulous and it lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts...

adele l
adele l

Really lovely, not dramatically different than the original alien on my skin. If anything it is a tad less persistent and more of a skin scent- a little smoother.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Ok this made my eyes roll back..and affirms my deep love and adoration for Thierry Mugler and his outputs. This is Alien HEAVEN for someone who loves Alien EDP. I am blown away..OH Thierry Mugler you are a godsend to the fragrance world... <3

njdeb
njdeb

A deep, rich, opulent scent. Warm sweet woods, smooth jasmine, and aged amber. A mellow symphony in bass. Gorgeous.

Trinity
Trinity

I never thought that "Alien" can get more beautiful – but it obviously can!

"Alien Liqueur de Parfum" is truly a stunning and luxurious fragrance! A bit smoother and somewhat "richer" than the original but as intoxicating….

The whole fragrance is rather playing a lower key than the original….although VERY potent and long lasting - yet never repulsive! The Rum-note makes the fragrance somewhat warm and mellow - the major player however is still the typical "Alien-Jasmine" which makes it as unique and recognisable as the original.

Wonderful fragrance – highly recommendable! Big plus: The bottle is trop death gorgeous!

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

Alien liqueur is absoluely perfect for me !Sultry,and sweet/spicy warm.Sooo sexy.This is grown up sweetness.I feel that my words cannot properly do this justice.For me this is exactly what I want in an oriental perfume.There are so many that fall short of the expectation or for that matter short of their reputation but,this I think exceeds and excells beyond .Never knew it could be so good.Will be buying another 2 bottles ! I do not want to ever be without this !!! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

ignis
ignis

This one is really nice. It smelt EXACTLY as i imagined it! Beautiful, succulent, pleasantly sweet woody whiffs were what i got. I could really *taste* the rum and the woodsy notes with the Amber in the background. Despite the fact that i like the original Alien very much, i prefer Alien Liqueur so much more...

I could swim in it and/or drink it!!

What really boggles me (and annoys me) is that it's limited edition and doesn't come in a bigger bottle, ugh!!

P.S., the bottle is stunning! The Amber coloured liquid matches its design more then the original Alien purple liquid... Looks much better in person then in photos.

EDIT: Tried it again for the second time, a few days later and came to a conclusion that it's much too soapy for my liking (and on my skin). So i guess i'll just say that i like it, but don't love it.

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

On first whiff it's not love, but I still need to keep sniffing. This scent is so mindboggling. To be honest I was expecting the scent of some guy who spilled rum on his shirt. This is definitely not that scent. The best starting place for comparison is the original Alien which to me seemed greener, less ripe. For some reason in this I am smelling an over-ripe fruit scent, maybe that of oranges or lemons right before they go bad. That odd scent melds nicely with the sweet and woody rum scent, followed by a musky but soapy drydown. This is one of the most complex scents i've ever sniffed. I would recommend it to Angelina Jolie if I knew her, I think it would fit her well because it's dark, unexpected, yet warm and overall a bit strange!

lucifera
lucifera

LOVE it,very seductive and sexy and very very longlasting!! just wished it came in a bigger bottle!

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

Smelt this today and I'm kinda torn. To me it smells like the sunessence edition and also like the eau de toilette. What seems to be missing from all the flankers in the Alien editions is that synthetic note that the original scent has, that almost metallic sour note that pops up when you first spray the original version, I also don't get an alcohol note in this that I do when I first spray Pure Malt.

Still it's a very pretty fragrance, the alcoholic aging technique they have used on this and also on the A*men edition have somewhat toned down the sour and strong notes in these editions and made them very sweet and warm, almost like a sweet caramelly hot chocolate.

Still undoubtably Alien but a much more less Sigourney Weaver Alien and more E.T.

Alien Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler 4.40 out of 5 based on 296 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Alien Liqueur de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alien Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alien Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.