Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women

Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Summer Alien arrived on the market in March 2009, named Alien Sunessence EDT Legere, in pair with summer edition of legendary version named Angel Sunessence EDT Legere.

This is a limited edition which reflects summer sun rays warming the skin very pleasantly in sunset when summer romance is inevitable. This time the flacon is coloured in gold pastel nuance and represents Citrin gem. The perfume is available as 60ml edt. Notes of the fragrance feature lemon, jasmine, amber, solar accords, cashmeran, green notes, vanilla and transparent amber.

Amber Jasmine Amalfi Lemon Cashmeran Green Notes Vanilla

Alien Eau de Toilette
Ange ou Demon Le Secret Elixir
Alien Aqua Chic
She Wood Golden Light Wood

Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Fragrance Reviews

kateapple
kateapple

This is a very sunny perfume! The jasmine/citrus combo is gorgeous, and it really warms up the lemon, making it ever-so-slightly creamy, but only just. It manages to be bright and crisp while still having some softness and warmth to it.

It does smell pretty similar to the Alien Aqua Chic flanker, except without the ginger. The lemon and this and the lemon verbena in that are nearly identical, and the only difference is that this fragrance is softer (the jasmine), the Aqua Chic is sharper (the ginger).

I prefer the drydown of this to Aqua Chic because it's quite cozy and soft, whereas Aqua Chic is pretty linear. Otherwise, the two are quite comparable. If you like one, you'll probably like the other, unless you have a strong aversion to either jasmine or ginger.

I also find that this Sunessence lasts longer on the skin, whereas Aqua Chic lasts longer on clothing.

sjam3295
sjam3295

I'm impressed by this perfume; I don't know if it's a love or a like yet, but I find it to be very well blended and well balanced. "Harmonious" is the word I would use.

It's essentially a citrus floral, but so much more than that. The jasmine dominates, but is somehow light; the fragrance is sweet, but the lemon and green notes balance this out with a sharpness and freshness which last through the dry-down; the amber and wood add depth and warmth, even elegance, which anchor the lightness of the other notes.

I somehow feel as if I can smell both the sweetness and the sharpness at the same time, yet not fighting, but blending. I can understand why there is no "group" at the top of this page for this scent; I would not know how to categorize it. Perhaps an oriental floral?

I agree with lisann.hogstrom and andy1959 that you could wear this in any season: the lightness of the jasmine and lemon would suit warm weather; the depth and cosiness of the wood and amber would suit cold weather, day or night.

I'm wearing this now on a warm autumn day, and I have to say, the fragrance smells ... fresh and elegant.

Valerie K
Valerie K

Hello, All!!

By chance, to what fragrance group does this summer version of Alien belong?

Is this a floral? Citrus floral? A really light floral oriental?

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I tried this one a few days ago and I like it so much!!! This is so elegant, feminine, without being too sweet,it the jasmin, amber, vanilla notes mix so perfectly!!Ity might be the best version so far, in my view...

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

This is one of my least favorite alien flankers. I still like it, there could never be an Alien that didn't . This one just doesn't seem blended as well. The top notes skip the heart and go straight to the base, it smells disjointed. The citrus fights the jasmine and Amber and never really come together in harmony. There are much better Alien summer flankers out there. Silliage and longitivtiy are amazing, like all Aliens. This is one alien I won't be plucking out of the flying saucer.

katiushka
katiushka

Maybe there is something wrong with my nose, but to me, this smells very similar to Just Cavalli and Lancome Poeme. Perhaps a bit more potent even. Very creamy - I love how well the jasmine and vanilla notes are mixed here - but if you have either of the two fragrances I mentioned, this one becomes superfluous.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

It's as though the sun was bottled with refreshing citrus and a field of jasmine. To me this is one of Alien's best summer variations. I adore the bottle too, it just screams 'SUNNY DAY!'

anna.023
anna.023

I'm not really convinced here.. I can't make up my mind completely about it. I have tried it for about two days now and I'm not sure if I'm any wiser yet...

First, let me say that I'm not a lover of the original Alien. The main problem is the "cold" and overpowering nature of the jasmine.

Sunessence opens up in a lighter way as expected. I'm slightley disappointed that I don't get any citrus. It would have been nice. The jasmine are very prominent, as in all flankers. It's not as heavy and thick but it's still there, only a little bit more bearable. The jasmin still have the same "cold" carachter as the original. No big change there. The amber provides some warmth, but sadly for me not enough.

I somehow expected it to be warmer, lighter in a different way, more of a summer alternative? For me the jasmine does not combine too well with summer heat. It's still too damn cold! Not cool or refreshing but just ice cold sort of..

However, I DO like it. It's pretty nice overall even though I have some complains... I would have enjoyed a warmer touch, a more prominent citrus (or other fruits even?) and I would also have loved a stronger wood in Sunessence. As you might understand this perfume are mostley jasmine and jasmine ONLY on my skin. I'm a bit disappointed about it's lack of complexity. It does not change much, but stays the same. And above all (this goes for all Alien's out there) I wish that the jasmine carachter would be reborn into something warmer and creamier.

My favorite flanker so far would probably be Essence Absolue, thanks to it's creamy warmth.

I would like to ask TM to not be so afraid to add some more notes to Queen Jasmine, she seems so lonely in all he's perfumes!

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

I like it! It's a very nice scent, very light. And it works well with my skin.

franksgirl
franksgirl

What an amazing scent! I know its sharp almost metallic and a bit sour in opening but this is exactly what I love about it! The opening reminds me of Acte 2 Escada, which I used to love so much.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

smells like Mr Clean to me

Jennimcg
Jennimcg

Way too much vanilla in this, I vastly prefer original alien.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I totally agree with Kailae... "it is nice, fresh. wearable for warm spring and summuer. but for me it is too sour because lemon and green notes that i don't like."

After wearing for an hour I had to shower it off as it gave me a tremendous headache.. May still keep it for the cute yellow jewel-like bottle but wont be using

this is so luminescent and bright. even the bottle. I love it! I sprayed this on last night at 10 pm and I can still smell it today at almost 4 pm. incredible! the lemons are bright and radiant, offset by the jasmine, wood and amber.. this is down right sparkling. I love this for summer, but I would absolutely wear this in winter too. just gorgeous. 10-10

Kyperkat
Kyperkat

Very light, and . . . well, different. Citric, but no where near Pine Sol. I think this one is going to grow on me. It's not what I'm in love with right now, but my fragrance moods change every now and then. I'm not sorry I bought it. And I like the bottle, which always helps.

Pooja37
Pooja37

I have the 0.27oz EDT spray of this - perhaps the cutest little lemon yellow crystal bottle I have ever seen. Love it.

I liked the first spray and the lemony, well, kind of 'lemon mixed with a whole lot of other things' scent that misted out. Then it became a very typical Mugler Alien, if you know what I mean.

But honestly, I'm glad that I have the baby bottle to try out because if it grows on me - like some Aliens do (Ha... I just pictured a bunch of small Aliens, as in the ufo MIB types growing on... well, er, never mind, back to this review)...

If I fall in love with it, great and if I don't, I won't feel guilty about having bought yet another big bottle of fragrance that does nothing for me! This little cutie is a twinkling gem I don't mind keeping on my vanity forever :)

mhubbard
mhubbard

Similar to its' cousin, Alien, without quite the enormous grapey punch that turns many people off. Just a little fresher, cleaner, and more spring-like. Still Alien, make no mistake. You will still definitely know you are wearing Alien. This is not a "Parfums de Coeur" body spray, people, you probably only need one spray, otherwise it can be bit too much. But so gorgeous, I think even prettier than the original-who's cult-like following I just don't get. This fragrance is so much easier to wear- I know, so subjective?

liliana darriba
liliana darriba

Crei amarlo al principio, al poco tiempo lo regalé, el mismo efecto me produce el Alien original, apenas olerlo, digo: que buen perfume!!! e instantáneamente...me siento agobiada, es demasiado!! y lo digo siendo amante de Poison, Midnight Poison, Flowerbomb, Coco y del Angel,ahora ya un poco cansada de él pero lo quise mucho.
Alien y familía: quizas les de otra oportunidad pero por ahora si vuelven a su planeta no los voy a extrañar!

andy1959
andy1959

I love this flanker of the Alien Collection. This is so nice, sweet but in a good way, warm and cozy. I use it in every season and it works great in warm and even colder weather. It`s modern but elegant too. Thierry Mugler for me is one of the best.

beccamm
beccamm

This is such a strange perfume to me, in a good way - I think! From the bottle the scent is so strong but it disappears on my skin quite quickly. The scent from the bottle is very powerful and smells like a hot summer (as in sun, sand etc).

Dollycat
Dollycat

This is a very good and lovely spring version of the original. I really like it, most times i´m disgusted with perfume with lemon in it but this one is a nice exception. The lemon is soft and cozy and not harsh and loud like in most lemon based perfumes which make you actually smell like a lemon and who wants that? It´s fresh but very chic at the same time, it smells expensive.

pansylady
pansylady

This smells a lot like the original EdP to me- and I find it works well in cool weather, like the 50 + degree Fahrenheit weather we enjoyed today- in fact, it is probably a little heavy for warm weather- despite the Sunessence name, which would indicate that this is an Alien for the sumer months

I love how this fragrance stays with you all day long- never leaving you for a moment- like the original EDP.

Cashmeran plays a very prominent role here, making this a very woody little Alien...

In fact, I think I've just figured out this fragrance's provenance- it bears a distinct resemblance to Sung by Alfred Sung!

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

I sense few similarities between this and the original Alien. this one smells lighter with a good balanced citrus and jasmine (like many people have nailed right in the head) and to surprise, its actually a better fragrance than Alien that I feels a bit awkward sometimes.

any weather, any occasion, any season, anyone. well, might not really nice in winter days, but definitely something that I would use in summer days! a fragrance that can almost do anything in summer, how good is that? its perfect summer!

loonad
loonad

i just blind bought this off of cheapsmells for 32pounds for a 60ml bottle.lovely.

Eneli
Eneli

A perfume made in heaven! Perfect balance between citrus and jasmin, it's heart to beat this one. My absolute favourite that I can't get enough with. The lasting power is good, the scent is quite strong but not heavy and annoying. Very feminine.

kikinha
kikinha

Smells like soap to me, except that the scent is long lasting. A happy fragrance, for daily wear!

Bettany87
Bettany87

After having a positively glorious experience with ALIEN LUMINESCENTE (my first ALIEN fragrance), I was ready to dive head first into the world of Thierry Mugler's ALIEN line.

I recieved ALIEN SUNESSENCE today and it was LOVE at first spray! SUNESSENCE has some simililarities to LUMINESCENTE being light, citrusy and fresh upon the initial spray. I just love it! The white floral note shows itself after a few seconds and then ... the sublime dry down, the scent that settles on my skin is simply ethereal ... slightly sweet with the blend of amber and vanilla and mesmerizing hints of the woody note. When I close my eyes and smell it, I am transported into a land of enchantment where fairies dwell.

ALIEN SUNESSENCE did not fail to impress, and so continue my fascination with the ALIEN line of fragrances.

fath1ma
fath1ma

I can get everything I need in a perfume for tropical land! The freshness, sexy (for me), longevity..last all day, silage (if you spray more than twice), confidence, compliments :) This isn't a heavy..a bomb..a monster..but Sunessence has its own character, its own point ! Lemon and jasmin in a 'Sunshine bottle'
Good job for Thierry Mugler ! Thank you Fragrantica..you made me sure to bought this charm !

barron_esse
barron_esse

This is perfect for the summer and spring.Sexy and young,gives you a feeling of happyness

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I got my beloved alien sunessence in a swapp,thanks to my dear partner smellME.. I love it,I love all aliens from THierry mugler,I even love almost all fragrances from him.. I don´t mind to blyndbuy any of his fragrances, because I know, I´ll always like.. This one has very lemon on it, Usually I don´t really apreciatte too much lemon, but in this case I do,because after I spritz it in my body,it changes to a lemon jasmin scent,then it as that smell that all aliens have(The thierry mugler´s signature) and so it´s perfect, I mean they all are, I love it.. love it.. and love it.. I couldn´t live without my precious aliens!! Thumbs Up for Thierry Mugler <3

AMDs44
AMDs44

lemony,Fresh and summery
That all i can say about it

Jilly B
Jilly B

I bought a part-used bottle of this blind from eBay and it took me 2 weeks to build up the courage to try it. The reason? I'd tested the original Alien in Boots and the assistant had drowned me in it, it was awful. But, I was desparate to have something from the Alien collection and took a chance with ths.

The opening is very lemony, in an almost plasticky way, and then the jasmine comes through, fresh and clean.

The more I wear this, the more I love this. My husband comments on how good I smell every time I put it on, and that's unusual, I wear lots of different fragrance and he rarely passes comment!

Now I love Sunessence, I've bought a little sample of original Alien, and guess what....I love it (and so does my husband!). So glad I took the risk of buying Sunessence....I've found 2 new fragrances I love.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

Love from first smell. It smells like lemon and bubblegum :) It doesn't remind me much of Alien: if Alien is woody and deep and great for the cold months, this is sunny and cheerful, great for summer and spring. I SO want this while they stil have it! If you like fruity smells try this, im sure you'll love it.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Ok,I bought this one as I liked the sound of it and really like Alien. First impression, it smells of lemon sherbet, quite sweet with a hint of jasmine. On second thoughts, maybe jasmine tea with lemon. Quite like it, lighter and more refreshing than the original alien,definitely summer or spring fragrance however doesn't seem to last on me for a long time which is a shame. Nowhere near as nice as Alien Liquer EDP.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Lemons all the way with this Alien flanker. Beautiful for summer. Another victory for the Haus of Mugler!

aray
aray

missk, I have a question. How can this have intrigued you "many years ago", when it only came out in 2009? I've seen people do this over and over, refer to fragrances as if they've been around for decades, yet they've only come out 2 or 3 years ago. Am I missing something or are people confusing their fragrances?

tiffanykimwagner
tiffanykimwagner

First time I sprayed this perfume, I hated it. Second time, however, I instantly fell in love with it. It is so unique and beautiful. I couldn't stop thinking about it. It leaves such a beautiful memory of its scent. This is an absolute must have! I LOVE IT!

kailea

i am just sniffing the last drop of it on my hand. i had just 10 ml decant of it and it was enought. i would not buy it in his real size of 60 ml. it is nice, fresh. wearable for warm spring and summuer. but for me it is too sour because lemon and green notes that i don't like.

Alien Sunessence Legere intrigued me many years ago with its beautiful, sunny yellow bottle and light jasmine accords. The Summer where I live always has beautiful sunshine, but is often ruined by cold, forceful winds. I think this fragrance is perfect for those days, when it's not too hot nor too cold.

The jasmine in this fragrance is pretty and fresh, with subtle hints of sugared lemon and slightly synthetic green notes. At times it reminds me of Annick Goutal's Le Jasmin, just without the ginger. It's impossible for me to dislike this fragrance, but I must admit that at times the plastic-ky jasmine does give me a headache and an odd feeling of distaste.

Jasmine, despite being a well-loved flower, is difficult to represent in fragrances. The original Alien only just manages to present it well in my opinion, however I much prefer Alien EDT, because of its softness. This flanker, although pretty, is perhaps so sharp with all the lemon, that it begins to smell a little like cleaning products or laundry detergent.

It also reminds me of Jean Paul Gaultier's Ma Dame, which is a fragrance that I'll either love some days or hate the next. Regardless of my finicky nature, Alien Sunessence Legere is something that I definitely enjoy, even if I doesn't agree with me all the time.

The longevity and sillage are so God-damn strong, but in a good way. I guess you can always rely on Thierry Mugler for providing you with quality every single time. In conclusion, Alien Sunessence Legere is a wearable jasmine based scent with the complimentative brightness of lemon, vanilla and green nuances.

Claudia Marin
Claudia Marin

Beautiful summer fragrance, fresh, sexi and strong enough without being overpowering. I highly recommend it.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

I love this version for spring and summer. It smells very similar to the original but brighter and lemony! So fresh and sexy!

kailea

At first it is not so good on me, because I feel only lemon, it is too sour to me. And later on it become something nice, gentle, wearable. I like tu put it on in summer day, it can stand heat very well.
It is semi long lasting on my skin,it can last app. 6 hours.
I would grade it 6/10 all in all.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

I always loved the original Alien, but couldn´t wear it as frequently as I´d like because of it´s strengh, so Alien Sunessence has been a heavenly dream-come-true for me: A lighter version!
In fact, it´s very similar to the purple one, but much more appropriate for daywear, even on summer.
It opens with a very delicious touch of Lemmon that soon disappears, and the driedown is most jasmine and amber, just like the original one.
The sillage is great but not invasive at all, and the lasting power is fantastic.

cat_lentayka
cat_lentayka

I love this one, so delicate and fresh its amazing to use this parfume in summer time.

akiko
akiko

I think it's too much sweet for me in the summer.That's terrible.

Renia
Renia

sunessence version is my favourite. but don't know why this is too strong. it cause headache for me. can't stand this one. but i really love sunessence alien. :)

SexySpice
SexySpice

I tried this on today... does anyone else think it smells a great deal like Jean Paul Gaultier's Ma Dame?

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I bought my Alien Sunessence Legere unsniffed a few days after I had just discovered and bought the Saphir Soleil edition.
This EdT Legere is very similar to the real Alien.
It starts with a few fresh, yellow, citrus notes but soon after it really does smell like the original, though a little lighter.
But still, if you love Alien, then this is perfect for you, especially as the 60ml bottle of this scent costs a lot less than the 60ml bottle of the original.

jasonx
jasonx

I have a 8ml sample of this one. On me this one smells like a way waterdown version of Alien with some synthetic/short lived lemon up top. Nothing special and the longevity and sillage suck. It's Alien but with out the va va voom that make Alien itself so special.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

warm fizzy rootbeer and very sweet.

First spritz of the beautiful stone unleashed a swirl of intoxicating citrus that had me captivated. Then settled into the illustrious scent of the seductive smell of Alien.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Thanks for the sample Dark Curls!

This is really almost exactly like Alien on my skin-the citrus is so vague here-it transforms so quickly into Alien, that weird but wonderful jasmine from Venus. It's definitely lighter, thus less sexy than Alien-the way that Alien blends with the skin is what makes it magical-on paper it's truly startling, even unpleasant. I will enjoy wearing this to work, but it's too similar to the original, and lacking some of the oomph, so I would definitely not buy a big bottle.

Madhavi
Madhavi

This version of Alien is a fantastic choice
I have a sample of this and it`s realy lovely and perfect for me ;)

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

does anyone have a bottle of this they don't want and is willing to trade? I want a full bottle but only have a few samples. I love this perfume!

mymlan
mymlan

I like this little sister much better. Floral sunbeams. Still strong like original Alien, but much much easier to wear. As you can go closer to this scent you will find that it also has a depth. Alien Sunessence is calmer and I did not feel embarrassed when I left the department store wearing this on my wrist, as I did last time wearing the older louder sister. Today it was on sale at remarkably 50% discount. Still I didn't buy it. Linear fragrances is just not for me.

reka
reka

I love it, it reminds me of my childhood, the smell of my brand new barbie doll or my little pony that I just wrapped out, - I started to call it my "mattel" fragrance, and wearing it makes me feel just happy and to thing that life is just a game! THIS WILL BE MY AUTUMN/WINTER FRAGRANCE FOR SURE, I enjoy it soo much

Sugarcoats
Sugarcoats

Very, very sweet-citrus-y! Still adore the bottle, Thierry Mugler is a visionary. This version of Alien is better, the lemon, vanilla and jasmin come out fast! I know my jaw dropped when I bought it (I forgot to check the price) but every dime spent was worth it. :)

Nuppu
Nuppu

"Hello earthpeople, I come in peace, from planet Lemon-Jasmin" Biib-biib-biib...

Much lighter version of lovely Alien with strong citrus start that fades away to reveal lightweight jasmin. Although I do like the intensity of original Alien, this is more easy to wear everyday and for work. No nauseating alien invasion in this one, no strong jasmin laserrays, only sparling, sunlike haze all over you. Lovely. The bottle is outstanding in design and colour and it really look like it's from outerspace.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

...and after the alien with a topaz heart had returned from planet earth and recounted her stories to the stars, then came a younger alien to visit the blue planet.

'How shall I make them like me the way they liked my sister?' Thought the alien. 'I know! They like the sun! I shall be yellow like the sun, and I shall smell of yellow too!' And with that, the alien willed her skin to emit the smell of citrus, mainly lemons, lemons and a few more lemons. Behind it all was a bright sweet smell that earth confectioners whiffed and whispered to each other; 'Behold! Here comes the fruitgum fairy!'

Not for me this one. I love fruit juice but it's not enough to define a perfume.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This is definitely a summer version of alien. Its kind of hard to figure out how the composition still works with the lemon, but somehow it does. If people don't like alien because it can be heavy, but the want something more fresh this is it. I definitely sense the lemon, it still has the jasmine amber base which is lovely but with a splash of lemon to add a citrusy splash. Different but still very nice!

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

Wow. I almost purchased this the other day at Macy's, but decided I should read reviews and notes on here first. I was so surprised to see that Anise is not listed as a note! The first thing I smell in this scent is pure licorice-y anise!... but a greener anise, like fennel maybe. When I wore it, the anise blended into a creamy vanilla and then into the dreaded amber. I still may get this, but I need to develop a higher tolerance for amber first. If you enjoy something that is very unique, a bit fruity and the smell of licorice, this scent might be perfect for you!

sfsassy
sfsassy

Another winner from the MUGLER SUNESSENCE summer editions.

First off the bottle is so HAPPY. The scent is lemony at first and the dry down is softer. Great daytime everyday scent.

mellybee
mellybee

This version of the Alien is a great choice for the springtime, the bright colour of the bottle guarantees the joy. The perfume opens with lemon, it disappears very quickly, yielding its place to the flowers. The flowers seem to be blossom of a fruit tree, perhaps cherry. It settles into a creamy woodyness due to the amber. Although the scent is light, it did last all over the day on my skin. Uncomplicated fragrance mainly for daytime use.

Alien Sunessence EDT Legere by Thierry Mugler 4.01 out of 5 based on 329 ratings and 63 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence EDT Legere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence EDT Legere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alien Sunessence EDT Legere by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alien Sunessence EDT Legere by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.