Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre Thierry Mugler for women

Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

tropical
Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Thierry Mugler left us speechless again! After a few summer limited editions, we present you a new version of the now legendary Alien, the fragrant tale of floral notes, amber and fresh solar accords. The perfumer of the new edition is Dominique Ropion.

Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre ("Alien Gold Amber") arrives on the market, providing us with a trio of wealth: the wealth of vitamins, the wealth of the exotic, and the enchanting wealth of warmth!

At a first glance, the whole concept promises and tempts with the glittering shades of the flacon, just like the essence it conceals inside. The top notes of Sunessence Alien Edition 2011 Limitee Or d'Ambre offer bright and fresh vitamin flavors of kiwi and tonic, a refreshing cocktail that invigorates and stimulates the senses just like the energy of the sun.

The heart of the fragrance is exotic and overwhelming. The wealth of the heart disarms by its feminine and sensual scents of vanilla and Stanhopeaa orchid flowers. The blend of these notes evokes the sunset delights of an exotic garden. The base notes provide a fascinating wealth of amber and woody accords, leaving a gentle trail of fortune, just like a warm touch of sunshine.

The new bottle is a true solar gem. The iridescent flacon shines and glitters in a spectrum of colors from gold and orange to bright pink with a shiny, pearly glow. The additional effects on the bottle evoke the amber syrup, which refines this fragrance, making it even more beautiful and rich. The fragrance will be available from April 1, 2011, as 60 ml EDT, in a limited edition.

Kiwi

Jasmine Vanille Orchid

Woodsy Notes Amber

Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre Fragrance Reviews

KaseyC
KaseyC

I am a big fan of the original TM Alien EDP for sometime. I have seen these flankers around but I'm always very skeptical about the sequel thing. Most of the time, for most things, sequel is only worse than the original. However, I find this one just as good as the original. They actually smell quite similar except for this one it is more floral throughout the whole journey and sweeter in the drydown. It is amazing for keeping the spirits of the original and adding something new into it. I think this is what 'flanker' is supposed to mean.

It says kiwi as the top note. I think the kiwi in this fragrance is very ripe. The real fruit is more sour to me and it tastes weird to some people. In this fragrance, however, the fruity scent is quite sweet and pleasant. The jasmine is just like the one in the original. It develops so well with the amber and cashmere sandalwood. The wonderful combination of these notes is beyond words. If you like it, you'd like it a lot.

It has a very great longevity on me. On a humid and hot summer day, it smells strong for 5 hours and I can still smell trace of it on my arm after 8 hours. The scent projects very well. Not too timid nor too aggressive. I think the sillage is somewhere between an arm's length and 6 feet.

Valerie K
Valerie K

Hello, All..

Can any of these versions be found in NYC? I've yet to see a bottle.. However, the new version of Alien -- LOOOOOVVVEE!!!!

And the bottle is gorgeous!!

On my skin I can smell luxury, warm, expensive soap. No woodsy notes at all. Very fresh and clean. Longlasting.

På min hud kan jag bara känna lyxig, varm, dyr tvål. Inga tränoter alls. Väldigt fräsch och ren. Mycket hållbar på huden.

dkny27
dkny27

With all the talk about this fragrance, I thought I'd really try to get to know it better. I had received this over a year ago, during cooler temps, sampled it one day and thought... Hmmm, not sure...
Tried this today and it is a totally different animal. At first spray, there is this pop of summer suntan amber goodness and this hangs around for quite a while. Then the dry down turns into this molton creamy layer cake of woody, vanilla jasmine.

As with most scents on my skin these days though, I don't get a whole lot of projection or sillage, but I can definitely catch the scent within inches of my arm.

More proof that a scent still impresses well after it's "expiration date" and a change in the climate can change one's opinion of a scent....

caydesugar

I totally agree with the below comment, it has that warm kiwi vanilla note from Fantasy (minus the white chocolate) and white florals from Alien! It's pretty AMAZING ;)

Centsless
Centsless

Oh wow! Sunessence smells like Alien and Fantasy got together and had a love child. Starts off with a fruity opening then mellows into amber jasmine...finishes with amber vanilla wood. To me this is more fun and friendly than Alien edp, and a touch more sophisticated & naughtier than Fantasy. Love it.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Until now, this has smelled like soap + whool on me and i have wanted to get rid of it, but todays hot weather makes it smell fantastic! Vanilla + jasmin + orchid + kiwi + something. Maybe i have been aging positively for this one. Now i can really understand how some ppl loves the Alien series.

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

My favorite Alien flanker! This is Alien lying on a tropical beach eating a juicy kiwi with a jasmine flower stuck in her hair. This is as close as you are going to get to a summer version of alien. It's is great for summer if used with a light hand. Out of all the summer flankers this one is the best my far! The sillage and longitivtiy are not as good as the original Alien but still very strong and long lasting. This shouldn't be a limited edition! Every good flanker is always limited edition! As long as I can still find it, this sparkly Alien will always have a special spot in my perfume wardrobe.

caydesugar

I actually think this perfume is suitable for any season! Smells like what I expect heaven to smell like, with the bright sun and all that :P . To be honest, when I blind bought this on the internet, I didn't like it all that much. It wasn't bad smelling but I felt like it wasn't a 'me' smell, since I'm into very sweet scents. But it has definitely grown on me so much and I have fallen in love with it!

Juliana6
Juliana6

Alien has fallen in love!
She (Alien) arrived, she was reserved, distant, quietly observing everything with her big, dark violet eyes. Now she has fallen in love with an human who was able to understand and accept her without trying to change her.
This perfume keeps the original, unique and mysterious vibe of the regular Alien, but it's covered with light, transparent, golden sunlight (amber), juicy fruits (especially the kiwi)and sweet flowers with honey drops on their petals. If you didn't really appreciate the regular Alien, please, give this a try! It could be a good surprise to you.

bren400
bren400

It's different, but I'm not saying it smells good. I don't know how it isn't grouped as in "powdery." This s#!+ got me nauseated for half an hour! :-(

caydesugar

Also, I wanted to add to my last review that once it dries down a little, it reminds me of kiwi vanilla ice cream! Never even seen that icecream flavour bfore but that's what it smells like.

caydesugar

A more elegant summer scent, rather than the usual sweet/over-the-top fruity/or aquatic summer scent. I can really smell the kiwi, it's not as sweet as the real fruit but maybe a tart kiwifruit? Doesn't smell artificial to me. It's an interesting and unique scent, I quite like this one and the bottle is to die for! Mind you, there is no pink colour at the top, it's just gold fading from bottom to top. Looks like sparkly sand, reminding me of the beach. Very pretty indeed! I'm 18 years old and I reckon anybody at any age could easily wear this as it is not sweet (imo, or maybe it is the slightest bit sweet) and doesn't smell dusty/powdery.

EDIT: actually... This is quite sweet, almost gourmand but not sickening AT ALL.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Non-collectors perfume lovers may at a some point come through a “stage of consciousness” after realizing the actual chances of finishing half of their fragrances in less than five years, and consequentially they swear to themselves - and to their significant other - they won’t be buying the tiniest bottle until at least one gets to an end, also trying to distract their crave for perfumes by considering there are many more useful things one could buy instead of a fragrance.. all these good and rational intentions are sometimes followed – ironically enough - by the encounter with a really amazing scent to which you just cannot say no, usually a limited edition which you’re sure you won’t be finding anymore, especially for half of the price tag.. what one’s supposed to do in such a circumstance? Get immediately the thing, of course! :D

That’s about what happened between me and this Alien’s flanker, my official jump into the House of Thierry Mugler and probably one of the most gorgeous fragrances I’ll ever have in my collection!
For a while I’d been fancying the idea of getting Alien, enchanted by its cold and exotic beauty, so I took it as a sign from destiny when I saw this Alien Sunessence Edition Or d’Ambre in a perfume shop last August, thinking it was just one of the many summer versions of a successful fragrance but nonetheless worth of a try.. of course it was! An unexpected love was just born...

The opening is all about the almost harsh and vitaminic juiciness of kiwi, masterfully rendered to create one of the most exciting, refined and captivating fruity top note I’ve ever smelled, whose intensity and liveliness always surprises me a bit…
As the kiwi gets softer and much sweeter the glorious white flower takes the stage: here's a flashy but still smooth jasmine, close enough to that of Alien to know they’re close relatives but different enough to make it a distinct fragrance, at least in its personality. Forget the usual creaminess and sultry quality of white florals, as the heart of Or d’Ambre is - at least to me - a powdery-juicy combo one should just experience, not describe.
I also get hints of milky mimosa here and there (Kenzo Summer comes to my mind in this regard), providing the fragrance an unexpected innocence’s aura. I find the “solar” element to be wonderfully represented here, somehow recalling the warmth of a summer day, the humidity of seaside, the luscious aroma coming from a tropical garden.
Or d’Ambre cuddles the wearer for many hours, despite being an “Eau de Toilette Legere” as stated on the box, leaving on skin a delicious - almost gourmand - trace of amber and vanilla, with the faintest memory of jasmine and kiwi. Sillage is not impressive as is in Alien, but I got some compliments while wearing it so I guess it doesn’t get unnoticed at all. I'd consider it a seductive scent, although not typically sensual.

Beyond beautiful creation by Thierry Mugler, I’m usually a disenchanted kind of person but this is a fragrance made for dreaming and feeling special, other than of exquisite taste. I only wished the bottle had the pretty rosy-golden shades it seems to have in the pictures, but it’s nonetheless a jewel.
Definitely buy it while you can.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This is the fruitier & warmer, more sensual version of Alien edt.
I like the fruity opening here which transitions through the heart with a light vanilla touch and finally settles down on a warm, sensual & creamy base with amber.
I really like this flanker!
Longevity over 10 hours on my skin.
♥♥♥♥

smellME
smellME

As my plan was, having the best of Alien flankers
in my wardrobe - I here declare - success has come to me !
This is nothing but luxuary...
I first bought the yellow sunessence , some years ago and loved it but actually found the citrus opening making it a little too sharp and I didn' like the linear composition.
I had to swap that for something else...
Since then I have tried every new outcome I have come across.
One to strong, one to light, not having the staying power and bla bla bla
The initial kiwi surprised me beeing fresh and green and not sharp.
The peony helping the jasmin out is gorgeous and the vanilla/ amber/woody base is so cuddly

Update never wear this very much , planning for a swap.
Think I'm done with Alien...

champagne.gracia
champagne.gracia

Recently I had tried Alien Aqua Chic 2013 and it really amazed me - that's why I decided to make a blindbuy of this vesion of Alien. Well... this is something horrible on my skin. When I think of the most disgusting fragrance it would be this one.

I thought it would be something about exotic kiwi with a lot of flowers and jasmine with a touch of amber, unfortunately all I can smell in here is: amber, amber amber and vanille, vanille, vanille - NOTHING more. Reminds me of tragic Britney Spears Fantasy. Too sweet, to heavy, for sure not for summer.

The only positive thing in this creature is an extraordinary longevity - I couldn't wash it off even with 4th wash of my hands

jessbug
jessbug

I have a feeling I will come back to edit this review...

I'm having a hard time forming an opinion on Alien Sunessence Or d'Ambre, but I've had it for a few weeks now, so I think it's time to write a review. The reviews here are so wonderful and descriptive that I was kind of expecting to love this at first sniff. I was a little disappointed when I didn't.

Or d'Ambre reminds me of the original Alien a lot, but at the same time Or d'Ambre smells warm where Alien has something cold and standoffish, almost clinical about her. In that sense I can understand why this might be considered 'a wearable Alien for people who don't like Alien'. I however, am of the opinion that this is not a safe buy for people who dislike Alien, since it is very recognizably a flanker of that.

I keep thinking I'm smelling tiare flower, and I absolutely recognize that dryness that others have noted. I kept having this bizarre thought 'this smells like fabric', not literally a new/clean/dirty fabric, but like the feeling I get from smelling a dry piece of fabric. I wouldn't have thought 'kiwi' if I hadn't seen it in the note pyramid, which is really too bad.

One odd issue I have with Or d'Ambre is that it just feels like a signature fragrance, and it somehow feels strange only wearing this every now and then (which I am wont to do with my perfumes; I can't commit to just one perfume). I've never had that with any other perfume, but this one just screams 'signature scent'!

I will keep wearing this regularly to see if I can fall in love with Or d'Ambre.

kasiarog
kasiarog

I hate jasmine notes in perfumes but somehow I thought I'd like this fragrance (based on reviews). So I bought it not trying it first. And that was the mistake. It smells just cheap for me! Even people around me thought that it's a Gabriella Sabatini fragrance, which is not uplifting. I also don't think that it has something to do with summer, despite the kiwi note. Buying this one was a mistake!

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Sunessence Or d'Ambre is the most adorable alien you could ever imagine. It starts off surprisingly sparkling fresh but then inevitably drags you down into the unmistakably alien jasmine amber maze, the ever so mysterious labyrinth from which there is no way out… In this version the vanilla softens the impression, giving it a more alluring and seductive charm. If the original alien is worn to make a statement, this alien is worn to seduce. That’s how I would separate the two.

Germany
Germany

Smells like sun lotion !!! I like it. My bottle is also brownish yellow. Not pink like in the picture.
It has a tropical feel to it which I quite enjoy. The vanilla and the orchid makes it so different from the other Aliens. It gives it warmth as well I think it has a soapy smell as well.

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

Not one of my personal favorites, however... i get tons of compliments when i wear this one.. actually, more than any other fragrances i own. This smells NOTHING like the original Alien in the top. it only smells similar to the original Alien when it has faded and getting ready to disappear. it lingers for quite a long time, and projects VERY well. This fragrance has top quality, as with all of Thierry Mugler fragrances. This is only an EDT, but lasts 10X longer than most EDP'S i own...it is ridiculously long lasting. This is a spicy fragrance, very rich and spicy. But not in a gourmand way, like sort of a synthetic spicy floral-fruit. It's kind of sour but naturally sweet smelling at the same time. After a about an hour or 2 of wearing this, the vanilla comes through making it slightly more creamier, but not by much. It smells the same until about an hour before it fades. By this time, all of the floral has faded, as well as the sourness. We are left with a sweet musky kiwi scent. Very pleasant, and similar to the original Alien (in the end). A MAJOR problem i have with this one is that it gives me a headache, and becomes WAY to overwhelming for me to stand And i am the type, i NEVER get headaches when i wear ANY perfume, just this one. So i can only use 1-2 squirts. And even then... everyone can smell me coming from a mile away. and that is weird because i am a teenage boy who can get NOTHING to last on him! Lol. So just to recap, in the top a generic, spicy sweet/sour floral-fruity combination. By the mid, the vanilla shines through and by the end it smells sweeter, muskier, and more pleasant.

soonflower
soonflower

I love it from the very beginng to the very end.
From the juicy kiwi burst to velvety amber base.
And that lovely jasmine note so well known form other Alien flankers.

Can't get enough of it.

I think it's the best Alien flanker.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This perfume has the key to unlock the fantasy of your own private island made for two, your lover and you. In which tropical wafts will unfold with kiwi. The breeze will carry the tropical orchids and jasmine essence in the wind. With a finalle of a warm seductive amber woods and a rich sugary vanilla that is present from the beggining. This is magical like all aliens.

redliz
redliz

Recieved this fragrance in a swap and I just love it. I am an Alien fan so much that I buy the flankers with no questions asked. This will be my summer signature scent!

Javi0005
Javi0005

not a big fan of kiwi in female fragrances but this one smells amazing!!!

tropic sugar

UPDATE-I forgot to mention in my review below that this fragrance smells awesome when blended with lavanila vanilla coconut or lavanila vanilla summer.If the alien is to strong for some the lavanila softens the strong amber notes and makes this fragrance more soft and tropical breezy!I did one squirt of alien and 1 squirt of vanilla coconut.Delicious!Let me know what you think and if anyone else has tried this.

williamvargas
williamvargas

got my youngest daughter this one she is 20 and she really loved it, this time of year as we go toward summer, just thought It might be a nice fragrance for her, blind bought, I know I shouldn't have but she really loved alien and was hinting for a replacement so I got this on a whim, glad I did , it does smell like summer.. very nice ...!! she is a happy camper.

pansylady
pansylady

For those who find the original Alien too intense, this softened version may be a nice alternative.

I had it in the past. Swapped it, then got it again, and I am a bit bothered to find it synthetic. I think in summer it will do better, it is a more tropical version of Alien, more summery, quite pleasant,it is fresh in a rich way, the scent smells real nice. So it is a like, but not a love.

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

This is the only perfume my husband has EVER complimented me on - and I have hundreds!!!!

There is something playful and summery about this perfume. BUT, its not your typical, floral/fruity, fresh perfume. This is Summery as in - Evening Time, as opposed to 'daytime' summery.

There is NOTHING 'fresh' in this perfume. So don't expect it to be 'Light Blue'/Febreeze' freshness.

This perfume is Summer Night/SULTRY. (must be the amber)/

You have to smell it to believe it! There are no words to describe it.

It's a shame this is limited edition. Everybody should have the chance to experience this gem.

Pari88
Pari88

Much Much better version of the original, I can't believe it was only a limited edition. Juicy ripe kiwi mixed with the signature scent of Alien but leave out the chewy powdery dryness of the original and add some sunny warmth from orchid and vanilla. Delicious, exotic, sexy, lively, full of laughter, you would want to take a drink from the bottle. The entire journey is just heaven to the nose. Who knew kiwi could balance jasmine out so well? Perfect for a Tropical beach. It transports me to an Island in the Pacific. So refreshing, it instantly lifts your spirit. Summer favorite.
Update: Wore this on a really hot muggy day and it energized me! Wonderful!

clancyann
clancyann

I got it at TJ Maxx today for $40, and it is one of my best blind buys EVER. Wow. It's definitely beachy and Coppertone-y, similar to Bobbi Brown Beach: marvelous for summer.

Raina
Raina

I'm not at all a fan of the original Alien, and as a general rule I try to stay away from Thierry Mugler. My mother has worn Angel for as long as I can remember, and so a part of me has always wanted something Mugler to work for me as well.

What I appreciate from all the Thierry Mugler fragrance flankers is that they all retain the same basic elements of their original fragrance. Such is the case here. That purple grape candy jasmine is the same, but it is toned down and made even more candy-like by the tart kiwi note. Kiwi is the star player here, set to enhance and give a younger, more playful feel to the jasmine amber of the original Alien. As it dries down I get some more of the orchid and vanilla, so beautiful and feminine. Sillage and lasting power is excellent, typical of this house. One spray and I get that candy smell all day long.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call this a beachy scent as it does not have that breezy quality I associate with beach fragrances, but I think that this is as close to beachy or summery as you can get with a strong fragrance like Alien. There is something smoother, softer, more feminine here than is any other Mugler fragrance I've tried so far. Its a quality I love and it makes me sad that now that I've found a Mugler for me its a limited edition fragrance.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I bought this as a blind buy when I found it at TJMaxx at a bargain price...wrong pick for me!...too strong and cloying, with a synthetic smell that hung in the air for a while.

To my nose this Alien version smells a lot like suntan lotion, the strong, creamy and exotic type. It's a scent that I would enjoy smelling by the pool or tanning at the beach, but out of this context, it's almost suffocating!...

But of course if you are actually after this type of scent, then by any means, Sunessence Or d'Ambre is spot on!!....

For those of you who are familiar with Yves Rocher L'Huile de Monoi, it's quite a similar smell, but minus the fresh flowery note and just straight sugary and cloying.

Thankfully, the sales lady at the store was gracious enough to accept my return the next day.

icingsugar
icingsugar

I have just received this and I have to say so far I think its probably my favourite Alien fragrance. I was a little worried when I read all of the "tropical" comments as that's not the type of fragrance I usually go for, but this still has enough of the original to smell unusual, rich and complex but is considerably more fruity and a little more sweet. This is very juicy and delicious but dries down to that lovely base we all love in the original, amber and menthol. I have to say it would be great if the bottle actually looked like in the pics (pink turning to amber) but alas its just amber. I still love this perfume, this is going in my fav scents section! :)

tropic sugar

I ordered this fragrance a few weeks ago from fragrancenet.com for around 40.00 dollars.I love this fragrance.Its very warm and tropical which is my favourite type of scent to wear.I have dry olive skin and I do the best with white florals and amber based fragrances.It is winter here in Michigan and this scent smells great in cold weather as the amber dominates with kiwi vanilla adding a warm fruitiness.The orchid smells exotic and salty like ocean water washing up on hot sand on a tropical island.This fragrance is not a fresh fruity fragrance but a warm fruity fragrance best worn at night.I am torn between buying another back up bottle or waiting to see if this years version is just as good.If you like exotic tropical fragrances get a bottle while you still can. This is a gorgeous parfum!This can be worn year round.I am looking forward to wearing this on warm balmy summer nights!

shinkku
shinkku

kiwi kiwi kiwi kiwi on my skin! I'm a TM fan and I love this!! It's so singular and cute, but heavy for and an EDT, but I love heavy perfumes. KIWI!!

swtcandy
swtcandy

I was so excited I found this at Marshalls for $39.99 after reading all the great reviews! The first time I used only two sprays (too much?!) and got an excruciating headache after. I think it was the combination of acidic kiwi and heavy jasmine that caused it. It was the first time a perfume made me feel so ill that I felt nauseous and nearly threw up.

After the perfume became more subtle, the drydown was actually quite nice. It smelled similar to Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere on me. But nauseated me scrubbed it all off. Although I'm afraid, I am going to try again-- this time one spray only.

lollipopsneeze
lollipopsneeze

Oh how I wish this Alien wasn't a limited edition. I've fallen madly in love with one, either I want to keep sniffing the bottle or my arm...It's just so delicious and very balanced. This one smells nothing like the original Alien. I would recommend this to people who love fresh and fruity perfumes and not woodsy ones like it's listed category...This one is just so exotic & tropical.. I can smell the fresh Kiwi and sparkly jasmine right off the bat, but then the warm orchid notes come out on my skin...The entire scent turns into a warm and sultry bubble gum like amber during the final stages..I never quite lose the scent of fresh jasmines on my clothes though and I luv it! I feel like it makes me smell very clean & fresh, like warm beach towels out of the dryer, mixed with sunshine,jasmine,bubble gum & ocean air...<3

Thierry Mugler does not test on animals either!

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

i have an extra 2 ounce bottle of this, if anyone in us wants to swap

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

Do you know the feeling when you fall in love? do you remember your first love? I remember wanting to cry and laugh of sheer emotion at the same time...and that's what i felt with this perfume! Beyond simple emotion I'd say that this perfume has the perfect combination of sweet and salty, its like when you are eating a cake after diving into the ocean and a bit of sugar falls on you...have you ever tasted it? i wanted to taste this perfume! I bought it blindly out of how much i loved Alien Aqua Chic, and after having read everybody's comments! I loved it, and would like to thank you all, and thank fragrantica for it! Honestly, for me, right now, no other scent beats it! Lets wait for the summer of 2013 and see...

kate1608
kate1608

I'm in love with this perfume! I spray it on my wrist every chance I get, although I really don't have to since longevity is topnotch.

To be honest, I regretted buying it at first. 5 minutes in to opening the box and spraying it on, I was already thinking of ways to let it go. Thank God I gave it a chance.

This perfume smells like no other perfume I've ever had or tested. I wasn't expecting to love it this much.

The scent is complex; I can't pinpoint the absolute note it falls in. This contributes to the whole uniqueness each spray exudes.

It's a pretty strong perfume so beware when you spray it. The opening sillage may be irritating to some people. The dry down is much more acceptable and less offensive than the top notes.

Have I mentioned it lasts forever?

4 thumbs up!

Bettany87
Bettany87

After having an amazing experience with ALIEN LUMINESCENTE and ALIEN SUNESSENCE, I decided I've fallen in love with the line of ALIEN fragrances that I can blindly buy these and not go wrong.

ALIEN SUNESSENCE EDITION OR D'AMBRE ... quite delectable! Once again, I am very impressed by this scent. It still gives me lovely memories of my other ALIEN fragrances but there are subtle differences here and there. The scent is feminine, slightly sweet and woody ... the most divine blend of notes that gently floats on the skin. It's light yet noticeable, soft but not shy, elegance and allure all wrapped in this gorgeous bottle. It's hard not to fall in love with this one.

girlsworld
girlsworld

I like this Alien edition, exotic orchids without being too heady, lasts brilliantly on me all day and it is eau de toilette, what a shame it is a limited edition, this Alien sunessence has been one of my favourites so far, love the gold bottle.

fath1ma
fath1ma

A light summer version of original Alien EDP, without citrus. But still the drydown has ALIEN's vibe,... beautiful and elegant !
If Alien EDP is a bomb silage, this one is softer but still has very very good silage. Longevity 10/10

Silvery
Silvery

Beautiful, tasty scent! It was a blind buy, but totally worth it! I wanted a fruity and unique perfume for these months, and I thought I couldn't go wrong with the summer edition of one of my favourite fragrances :)
When I spray it on myself, it starts with a creamy kiwi note, perfectly blended with jasmine, which makes me feel it's like a yummie ice-cream :) After half an hour, the soft vanilla heart appears with hints of amber, giving more sophisticated sensation to the perfume. And the best for last, base is almost as good as its big sister's :) If I were Thierry Mugler, I would make an eau de parfum version, because the only bad thing about this one is the sillage, it lasts for 2-3 hours (but after all, it's fair for an eau de toilette edition)

carmentia
carmentia

This was a blind buy but its been my best buy ever! on me this smells softly fruity and i can only smell kiwi, amber and vanilla and im SO not complaining! When your guy calls you first thing in the morning to tell you his sheets smell of you in the most wonderful way possible, you know you're wearing magic in a bottle. The fragrance lasts steadfastly until I shower, it could even be a whole day later, i kid you not. It doesnt peak nor ebb, just stays warm and lovely and still light and romantic the whole while. Works best on my hair btw. I already have two bottles, maybe ill even buy a few more... because id never want to run out!

laantjebanaantje

No, not a six hour longevity. It's nine hours later and I can still smell it. It even has some sillage left. But it has become a soft vanilla skinscent with some real, not ALIENesc jasmine.
Don't get me wrong, I love the jasmine in original ALIEN, but it is a very artificial jasmine. Here, hovering over the vanilla and amber, barely noticable, a true jasmineflower appears.
Oh yes, this is LOVE!

laantjebanaantje

Upon the first spray I was thinking: oh ow! Aquatic fruits!
But after a minute or so the kiwi started to smell more and more lifelike. Not yet like the real, juicy thing, but it is close and really, kiwis don't have a very strong smell anyway.
The juice of a kiwi does something wonderful with ones tongue and you can not possibly expect that to be present in a perfume. Even in a perfume from the same team that made the delicious LE GOÛT DU PARFUM series.

In the heart, the kiwi mingles with soft, powdery vanilla and orchid. It is powdery, but the kiwi keeps it from getting too powdery. I can really smell the orchid, and for me, being an orchid lover, that makes up for the distinct lack of jasmine in this "ALIEN".
The kiwi, vanilla and orchid melt together in a delicious creamy, powdery but vibrant tropical scent. As Bebette mentioned, it really smells like some delicious desert with vanilla cream with wonderful tart pieces of kiwi in it. That may sound heavy, but, though it is quite sweet, in truth it is very light and fluffy.
As the fragrance develops it becomes more and more creamy and powdery and the kiwi slowly disappears. The orchids become more prominent now and I get something green as well. Not fresh green, but wet, musty, suffocating rainforest green. That may sound rather weird, but it just fits.
And then there's amber. Golden, liquid amber. Strangely, I do get my lovely jasmine here, finally! But mostly it's all about the amber, which gets more and more woody with time.

ALIEN SUNNESSENCE OR D'AMBRE has a surprising sillage for an EDT légère and quite a good longevity, I got six hours or something.

I like OR D'AMBRE, I really do. And I also understand why a lot of people who dislike the original ALIEN do like this one. It bears absolutely no resemblance to the original. Maybe it has something of that mysterious vibe. But this really is a fragrance that stands on it's own, rather than being a flanker.
It just SCREAMS summer to me, tropical, rainforest summer, but I do think it might be a little heavy on very hot days.

Last but not least, I really do not understand why all the pictures of the bottle of OR D'AMBRE show a salmon pink and golden bottle. Even the discription of the fragrance above says it has pink shades!
It does'nt.
It's gold. Not "plain gold", there is gradation in it, from opaque to transparant gold, but no pink. If the juice would have been pink, it would be like in the pictures, but it isn't. At least not in my version.

Bebette
Bebette

Before deciding to buy this one I read all of the reviews over a dozen times and could not decide whether I would like one. Putting those reviews to the side I gave in, and I am so glad I did! I love this Alien Alien, I say that because I do not smell the original Alien in this at all and even still I love it! It is a refreshing blast of juicy, tangy kiwi that is tamed through a vanilla. The vanilla is said to be dry but on me it's so creamy I almost get the same effect as the white chocolate found in fantasy and it is definitely sweet and gourmand. If I close my eyes and envision this, I see a kiwi, lightly wrapped in an orchid, with a single jasmine garnish on top merely for decor, and dipped half way in a vanilla cream! It is the ultimate fruity dessert fragrance with overwhelming sillage lasting over 8 hours until the final drydown of a soft vanilla amber. This is not a fragrance you put on and forget about, it won't let you! This is fun, flirty, and perfect for hot summer days or flirty dates. I will definitely be purchasing another backup bottle!

Originality 10/10
Sillage 12/10
Longevity 10/10

alyaa
alyaa

This is a sweeter lighter version of alien. I have been wearing this for two days during a very hot weather spell. It starts with a sweet kiwi note and soon afterwards the sharp alien jasmine appears. It stays like this for an hour before detecting the amazing amber dry down. All the while both the jasmine and sweetness are noticeable. It lasted all day with a gentle but noticeable sillage. This version of alien is lovely, girly and more wearable for the day. It is the perfect summer option for Alien lovers

elenian

*UPDATE* So many compliments every night i wear it! I guarantee that ladies.

As the weather get hoter and hoter i'm starting to put on this little treasure... Mmmmm it smells so...summery...It lifts me up!

blueberry
blueberry

It is a light and less sweet take on the classic Alien but even though it is just a summer light version the scent longevity is not limited.
This is actually where I want to take a bow before the king Mugler! It lasted on my skin for about 12 hours, whereas I still could easily detect it on my blouse many days later. When it comes to sillage, it is definitely more subdued in comparison to Alien EDP, however, I smelled it around me and I did not have to dig my nose into my skin or clothes. The scent simply accompanies you, lingering delicately and incessantly.

The fragrance behaves differently on clothes and on skin. On the fabrics, it ends at a somewhat bitter version of Alien, with distinct jasmine and woody notes accompanied by a trace of kiwi. On skin it undergoes a pleasant transformation which is absent in Alien EDP - it starts with kiwi, then enters the classic Alien phase, sweetens into ambery and vanillic base, finally to become a tad chocolaty in its last stage.

Overall, I am impressed and happy to have bought this limited summer flanker - it seems perfect for spring or summer nights, not for scorching heat really. The bottle looks nice and quite elegant, not exactly as on the photos - it is not so pinky/salmony anyway.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the 2012 Alien Sunessence Absolue I hear they're introducing... still, the original Alien EDP remains my truly BELOVED!

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

I think Kiwi fruit is very underestimated. Mainly due to it being used obsessively as a garnish for cakes and dessert plates. But get a whole kiwi, peel it and just take a bite of its unctuous slightly tart and very fresh sweetness. Mr Mugler has done the kiwi fruit proud here.

Jasmine is prominent here too, but so well blended with the kiwi as to compliment it. It is like a kiwi surrounded with a gentle breeze of jasmine. The dry-down does not disappoint as the kiwi and jasmine blend seamlessly with the amber and wood, which prevent it becoming sickly and give it a beautiful creamy depth.

This is a truely hypnotic fragrance. Feminine, sensuous and slightly exotic. A breeze across sun-kissed skin. I'm sure you can tell, I love this fragrance and think it is probably Thierry Mugler's finest to date in my opinion.

lat
lat

Alright, this. is. the. bomb!
I have always disliked all Mugler's creations finding them overpowering, sickly, in-your-face... you name it.
Somehow, by pure coincidence I smelled this and it's oh so lovely!
At first I get a hint of... tea, top quality black tea with honey. Very dark and aromatic but with soft mellow sweetness to it. Almost instantly the jasmine and orchid appear on my skin fueled by delicious, sunny amber.
When I bought it and carried it in my bag I felt like I was protecting the Sun itself. The feeling you get when you wear this fragrance is unforgettable. It smells like hot, a bit sweaty (in a good, sensual way) skin after you've been bathing in salty, clear water and play-wrestled with your lover in the sand afterwards.
It's sugar and spice, salt and woodiness, sweetness and light...
Lasting power (especially on clothes) - outstanding, sillage - beyond average.

I've had it for a couple of days only but it's already made my top 5 fragrances of all times.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

If the first version (alien EDP) is a jasmin bomb ,, so this an (ambery Bomb) .. amber & Kiwi are clearly noticeable here .. the link between both of them is (amber)..

It's aN UNFORGETABLE experience you can go through winter's nights..

This scent can be a signature Or on your top 5 list easily ..

The lasting power is up to 5 hours & more, the sillage is great too ..

Love it .. my fav. of the whole versions after the Original one..

Bagatelle
Bagatelle

I get a different smell with this perfume every time I wear it. What a shapeshifter! Today I'm getting apple juice/cider. Last week it was lokhoum. This summer I smelled some marine notes and wondered if it had been mixed with Womanity. On some days the character is powdery, on others juicy and tart. Overall its a bit too synthetic for everyday use, but its great to freshen up with when you get tired of those heavy hitters.

Migotka
Migotka

I wanted to have the original Alien for years now, but I found it a bit too strong for every day wear (especially for work), specially knowing this is not a scent everyone likes and I did not want to suffocate my co workers.

Or d`Ambre came out at an excellent time- right before summer. It is not too heavy, but still has the distinctiveness of the Alien- the fragrant, woody jasmine, so characteristic for the line. It did not get lost in the new composition, but in Or d`Ambre it is accompanied by a bowl of tropical fruit. I can't say I actually smell a lot of kiwi here- more like some citruses and mango (maybe my nose is playing tricks on me). As it settles down though, jasmine and woods and vanilla definitely are the most important ingredients here.

It is still quite heavy, but not as the original, making it great for warmer weather, but it also works so so so well in cold weather!

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I am rarely disappointed by a Mugler scent, and this is one that definitely did not disappoint.

Or d`Ambre provides a different spin to the celebrated jasmine note that is the heart of *Alien*. It's a fruity, tart take on jasmine, and I absolutely love it.

This scent is really all about two notes...kiwi and jasmine. The other notes are faint in the background, but never step into the spotlight.

When I wear it, it reminds me of sipping cocktails in the summer, thanks to the mix of fruity kiwi and heady jasmine.

The drydown is more subtle, slightly powdery but still maintaining that original refreshing tartness. And as with most Mugler perfumes, amazing sillage and longevity.

It's definitely one that's in its element during summer, but I can't quite bear to put it away yet, so I will wear it for fall too.

This is another winner from Thierry Mugler. It's just a shame that these limited editions disappear so fast.

Very highly recommended.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

kiwi as the star in a mugler perfume!? go figure
this is fantastic! for those of you that can't bear
the all possessing embrace of alien, try this beauty.
the tart juicy kiwi and citruses take a load off the
claustorphobic grip jasmine. i really like this
and the bottle is fantastic!

elenian

@serchina It is a limited one! But you can find it on ebay though!

ps:its an amazing fragrance

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I am very dissapoitment with this one.. i can´t smell any jasmine on it.. at first when i spray i hated it.. I dont know.. i think its the kiwi is so uggly smell.. then after a few hours i kinda like it.. but not enough to buy it.. No way.. I would like to have all collection of aliens.. but i´m almost sure i will not have..

I am so surprised how much I love this fragrance because I don't like the original Alien at all. It's so warm and sunny, and definitely reminds me of gold. I smell tiare, jasmine, and orange flower with just a hint of sweet mandarin orange. This is such an idyllic summer scent. Great for lovers of exotic white flowers.

elenian

I just bought the last bottle left to the shop. I tested it for a few days and so i was sure about my desicion. For me its like a beautiful day chilling out and smelling this sweet and clean smell. Its not heavy, not strong but a very smooth sweet and relaxing smell. Enjoy people this fagrance being sure that you smell good. Love the bottle also. Thank u Thierry.

Aysu
Aysu

for me it is not a woody oriental, it is a straight fruity floral..
fruity note of kiwi is so overwhelming that it destroys all other notes, I expected it to fade away and leave the scene to vanilla&jasmine&amber notes but all I got was still fruit and some vanilla. I could not detect that famous jasmine note of Alien, or maybe my nose is not that much refined. Anyway, this has nothing to do with Alien (at least I was expecting a slight resemblance) it is just nicely done fruity scent. I detect some apple by the way

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

What a disappointment! When I lifted the bottle from the box and gave it a sniff (easy, because the sprayer hole is exposed), I was expecting something wonderful. But when I put it on, blargh! Nothing but a horrid dusty kiwi and ancient baby powder nightmare that gave me a postnasal tickle and made me feel even more wiped out and off balance than I already did today! (I'm not having a good day! And usually I would just stop and retest on another day, like I did with Radiance, but there just aren't enough redeeming qualities in this one for me to retest it). I washed it off after 3 hours.

I couldn't smell any jasmine at all, and the dry dustiness of the fragrance was what really got to me. Ever swept or cleaned off a very dusty patio outside, with dust flying everywhere, and you forgot to wear a dust mask? And started sneezing? The effect of this perfume isn't quite that bad, but it is reminiscent of that to me. It's quite a feat of perfume engineering to make something that smells so dry.

passionata20

This is getting extremly popular, i can often smell it on other girls or just passing someone by. I really like it and must buy myself also one before it get too late. That dusty kiwi smell is simply amazing when worn outdoors, but can become a headache when worn inside the nightclub durng hot summer days. Girls, don´t wear it while clubbing out! Spare others from suffocation :)

Killercolours

I find this one very similar to Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake! I don't know if it's a fact (probably not), but they set me in the exactly same mood, judging from how they both turn out on my own skin. Big amber scents that are cozy yet interesting.

passionata20

I have tried it couple of days ago and was really dissapointed at first. Well, i am not the biggest fan of "Alien", i don´t hate it, BUT this version is so much better than the original in my opinion. If i didn´t know it was mutated "Alien" i would never guess! This is the scent of a sun-dried kiwi in a powder. Very dry and very suitable for summer, while the original "Alien" is not.
The bottle is stunning and staying power is very good.
I am glad that i gave it a second chance, since first time i didn´tlike it at all, but when it´s hot i am sure i would like to smell like this "Alien"

Siv55
Siv55

Light warm fruity floral with parma violet drydown.

ritacatita
ritacatita

Well, It´s a passion thing I have with Alien.
Although, I will try to be as objective as possible:
This version is similar with the original, but not the same.
Opens with fruity notes, followed by warm and sunny notes and then, left a trail of woods, vanilla and of course, Jasmine.
So perfect!

Innocent
Innocent

Not as sweet as the original Alien and a bit mossy. I don't really want to say this but honestly it smells like a very expensive pungent car fragrance that will give you a headache but the bottle wins me over. Plus I can wear this on a hot summer day since it is a light eau de toilette.

SJSuett
SJSuett

So warm and summery. Makes me think of walking down a golden sunset beach. Beautiful. A story in itself.

adrienn99
adrienn99

smells strong and feminine, to me it smells like peaches, orchids with powder and woods.

i was expecting a better staying power from a Thierry M fragrance, 3-4 hours top

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

i bought it "blind" as i love all the alien-fragrances. and i was not disappointet. i would even say it is the best alien summerfragrance. fruity but not too sweet. first, i thought it would fade away quickly, but people around me still noticed after hours. nice!!

pauluch3
pauluch3

Sophisticated. In my opinion it's a bit too strong to wear at daytime in summer. Surprisingly, I would dare to say it's good for winter to make you feel cosy and warm, reminding you of your last holiday. Great projection. There's a lot of amazing jasmine and vanilla. Gorgeous!!!!! It's got exceptional sillage and lasting power!

Sadly it tends to get somewhat medicinal on my skin but smells totally beautiful when sprayed on clothes.
***

greydove
greydove

Its really nice! Just what I was looking for when going out on a humid summer night. Its light, but present. Feminine, but modern, nothing retro about it. Fruity, but not too teenage-ish. Floral, but not headachey; its balanced. I sprayed it once on my forearm and it lasted through the night until I washed it off.

UPDATE: I call this my "psychedelic" perfume now. You know why.

carabear
carabear

Honestly, for me this fragrance is just a like, and a not strong one at that. It does smell warm and ambery, and it's definitely not a beachy scent, to me at least (but perhaps that's just because for me beachy scents are those fruity Escada/Ralph Lauren creations). It was also more powdery than i was expecting, and i HATE all traces of powder.
Also, I was surprised with the lasting power- not at all long lasting! People were talking about 8 hours- I got maybe two. and then it was literally gone without a trace. The bottle, however, is really pretty...

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I think this is similar to original but not as intense. The beginning is more fruity and the base very warm, soft and ambery.
I sprayed once on my whrist 7 hours ago and can still smell it. The first few hours it just lingered around me and I could smell it the whole time I was at the mall and walking home.

I like this better then the original, which is beautiful too.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

First impression was amusing.

I didn't smell much kiwi, maybe a chilled kiwi, but not much.

The jasmine is hidden, I know it's there. The tangy vanilla and mysterious orchid are in harmony with one another.

I have yet to come across the lush woody scents.

NiteAngel
NiteAngel

It reminds me a lot of the original Alien, but with the honey coming out more than any other notes (I know it isn't listed though). It is indeed a bit "heavy" for a summer version, so I'd suggest to keep it for either cooler days or sexy evenings. Like the original, excellent staying power and sillage. The jasmine comes out very nicely too. No kiwi at all for me neither.

appleydappley
appleydappley

OMG of all the zillions (well a lot) of perfumes that I have tested, this is the first that got people all over the place noticing, in a nice way! It has great sillage and it lasts ages.

It's has the same exotic mojo as the original, but this one is soft and rounded like an amber suntan oil, and tropical fruit cocktail. It's cosy and stimulating at the same time. I love it--how can I say that?--I never thought I'd say that of any Alien!

If it's a limited edition then I must hurry down the mall and stock up.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I tried this twice in House of Fraser. It is very strong for a summer perfume, it is very fresh, floral, but not transparent like a lot of summer scents. It seems to have a warm vanilla dry down which is lovely. The heavy jasmin did tickle my nose in the initial hour, but it later dispersed into a lovely warm summery fragrance. I want it!

Ripple_Effect
Ripple_Effect

On my skin this smells just like the original juicy couture (which I love!) - it's smells quite floral with a hint of something green, it's still sweet but not too sweet. It's a bit heavy for summer for me but it means that it lasts for quite a while.

First impression; baby powder + white flower + vanilla musk = This Alien Sunessence Or d'Ambre. It is not very sweet nor very avant garde like the original. No fruit in here (kiwi isn't a fragrant fruit anyway) for me but it is definitely powdery with jasmine. Also it is strong, sunny warm, and still very potent. Plus the bottle is just stunning and very alluring for us collectors.

melia
melia

The first thing what I want to say is that to me, this is the sugar-free-candy version of alien. Light and sweet, but still with that typical charactre going on that alien always has. I really love it..! The bottle is georgeous! And it's cheaper than the original... If I'd buy this one it would be my summer alien, and alien le liqueur (which I allready own) my ultimate winter alien! Don't know if this is usable information for you guys, I'll try to test it again soon and make my review more interesting!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Darnitall! I spied this in Macy's today while searching for Pure Poison (which our dumb Macy's dosn't even carry anymore) and then got sidetracked by Armani Code so I totally forgot to try it out. I did love original Alien for about a year then it turned on me and it's almost unwearable on me now, I would love to try this flanker though. Will post a proper review when I actually get to spritz...the sniff I took of the bottle was wonderful however!

Killercolours

So deep and beautiful yet happy. Really recognizing the original Alien scent in this. This starts off with some evident exotic notes that later turns into a woody, amber-y white floral, smooth as velvet!

Update: Now that I've worn it a couple of hours I get a heavy burst of warm vanilla. I really didn't expect it, asking myself who's wearing that wonderful vanilla scent. Haha! Now this perfume is complete, pure love.

Eos
Eos

I'm really diggin' this one for spring and summer! On my skin this perfume is a complex floral with a pronounced kiwi opening that transitions into a lighter, creamier version of the original.

Sillage: outstanding
Staying power: 8+ hours
Overall rating: 7/10
Recommended for people who love Alien and fans of grown-up fruity-florals.

mjb28
mjb28

This is an exotic Alien! It makes me excited about summer. The fruity and floral notes made so much wonder. It's a sexy playful mix. It is enticing and intriguing all in one. The rich floral amber fragrance is fresh, gentle and unique. It has the woodsy notes of the original, toned down so that the fragrance is more wearable but with an extra warm and special appeal of its own. I absolutely love the way it smells!

EDT with a great lasting power makes this fume really amazing. This is what I love with Thierry Mugler's perfumes. It stand out from any other perfumes. And the bottle, it's very elegant & attractive. I just can't take my eyes off from the shop. I'm hooked! This perfume is really HOT!

loesje234
loesje234

To me, just a lighter version of Alien.
But loooove the bottle so much!! Is it snobbish to buy a scent for the bottle? ;-)

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

If there is one thing I love about Thierry Mugler's fragrances, it's that there is always something unexpected about them. In this fragrance, there is something in the top notes which I did not expect and which reminded me of the suntan lotion of my childhood (CopperTone maybe?). I found this note added interest and evoked memories of summertime.

Overall, the fragrance has a floral-fruity-amber opening, expressing itself as light and sweet and warm. As the fragrance dries down, it becomes a very warm floral-white amber fragrance. As I press my nose to my wrist, I can almost feel the heat of the sun on my skin. This feels like summer in a bottle. And the sillage is wonderful.

Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre by Thierry Mugler 4.06 out of 5 based on 532 ratings and 93 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alien Sunessence Edition Limitee 2011 Or d`Ambre by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.