Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil Thierry Mugler for women

Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

New limited editions by Thierry Mugler arrive in March 2010 as summer versions of fragrances A*Men, Angel and Alien. We are already used to Mugler's game of colours, unusual flacons and characteristic compositions, but new editions manage to surprise us positively every time.

The third fragrance of the Sunessence collection for summer 2010 is Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil, also limited edition. New version of famous Alien arrives in a pink-orange flacon resembling Sunset. The new composition varies the original and adds accentuated notes of amber and fresh notes. Opening freshness and luminous notes originate from pink grapefruit, which glitters and shines with exotic tiare flowers, on a white amber base. This precious alien is available as 60 ml EDT.

Amber Grapefruit Tiare Flower

Alien Eau de Toilette
Alien Eau Luminescente

Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil Fragrance Reviews

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

I love this scent. It is a lovely fresh fragrance, just perfect for the summer. It isn't too sweet, or too complex. Just perfect

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

Finally own it, a beautiful red-orange bottle. I don't think this is a lighter version, smells so strong when i first spray it. I have to say that Saphir Soleil is very similar to the original Alien which i love, jasmine and pepper are not listed in the notes but i can still smell them. The grapefruit opening makes this scent very fresh and sweet, i think this stuff is one of the best Alien flankers. Really want to try the kiwi version (Alien Sunessence or d'ambre).

P/S: Definitely a long lasting perfume like almost Thierry Mugler scent, sillage is heavy. For me 9.5/10

chowchow41
chowchow41

I can add this beauty to my collection, thanks to Laantjebanaantje. I loooooooooooove it. Normally i dont like grapefruit in a scent but in this one together with the tiare note its so fresh and uplifting. And in the drydown that lovely amber note. Im in loooooooooooooooooove. I cant stop sniffing myself.
Its still summer here so i will wear it alot. I might get me a backup. Simply divine.

Francop
Francop

Lovely variation of Alien for summer evenings.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Wow, this is one UGLY bottle, I had expected it to be the beautiful red in the picture, but it's the weirdest fluorescent orange.
The scent though, is gorgeous. It starts with a blast of fresh juicy grapefruit and then mellows to a lighter version of the scent of the Alien EdT.
I'm having a bit of trouble with wearing Alien EdP lately, let's say I've fallen out of love, but this gives me that gorgeous salty woody amber base, in a lighter concentration and without the heavy syrupy grape/jasmine.
Lovely scent, but perhaps not entirely suited for summer. At least not in the heat of it. But then, is any Alien suited for summer?

This is a tentative review of a decant labeled "alien saphir" sent to me by a friend. I say "tentative" because I smell no grapefruit whatsoever, which every other reviewer seems to find dominant! So what do I smell?

To me ALIEN SUNESSENCE EDITION SAPHIR--if that is indeed what this is--smells like jasmine coated with a sweet, violet- (ionone)infused shellac. The composition reminds me a bit of Tom Ford VIOLET BLONDE, in fact.

This has become a popular perfume genre of late: a sweetish floral coated with some sort of acrylic-type "stuff". I rather like it aesthetically (another example is Guerlain's limited edition flanker INSOLENCE EAU GLACEE), but I have a low tolerance for the acrylic-like substance used in these perfumes. I always feel that there's a tenuous balance between enjoyment and headache with these creations and that I am pushing my luck by wearing them.

The potential headache is not about white flowers, in these cases. Instead, it's whatever the newfangled synthetic stuff is that is being used to impart the shimmer and shine to so many recent sweetish floral perfumes. (Coach makes a couple of them, too.) They are not fruity-floral but more in a class all their own, one which continues to grow...

icingsugar
icingsugar

I find this really similar to the aqua chic version but not as spicey (the ginger in aqua chic is really peppery and strong). This is also slightly sweeter but still fresh and clean.

EMonika
EMonika

Age: 24
Skin: normal-oily. Medium brown.
Preferences: Fruity, vanilla, watery, sweet, citrus (Will update)
Perfume nose: amateur

best season End of spring, beginning of summer
day/night late afternoon/night
the age of the woman who wears it 20's early 30's
the persona of the woman who wears it- elegant, exotic, unbound

When i first smelt this i was like eurgh the grapefruit. then i tried it on and i was like :o this is my first Thierry Mugler Perfume and i must say that i am very impressed indeed. it smells exotic without the cliche use of coconut. the grapefruit and the amber really emphasizes really good parts of tiare flower. it smells musky and creamy while still remaining fresh. I dont know what it is about this scent i cant get enough of it i want to sit under it..... 0.< it smells wonderful and warm all throughout, its exciting it can get hot without getting sticky a real nose journey this one is.

the woman i picture for this scent is a long haired tahitian woman, sitting in the hot sun by a tiare flower tree drinking grapefruit juice and theres a slight breeze where you can smell it combine. the woman for this scent is a presence without shouting "hey i'm here!!!!" she is beautiful has exotic (features) and sexy but in an elegant manner. her smile is the kind that kills men in their tracks she really is something else... perhaps this is why its called alien? its an encounter of something out of this world but you want to know it and become sickeningly addicted to it? its uplifting, intriguing and daring.

i think this one can be user friendly i have spray this on my family and it seems to be ok, its not a real gamble as i thought it would be. its quite sophisticated for 3 notes, i was like is this guy serious? just 3 notes? wow!!

aditika
aditika

I find it very similar to Alien original, this is more citrusy (not prominent though)

(Please read my Alien review for more info on the original)

If you have Alien you need not to get this (I got this... well because I am a fan of Alien and Angel)
A good fragrance, a bit lighter than Alien, but as mentioned here before, if you do not like Alien you will not like this as well.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

Oh, I put this on at 7:30 am and I am still happily surrounded by it almost 12 hours later. Being a EDT, I did apply generously. This scent smells so good that it reaches within you. Grapefruit melds with the amber to my nose to smell alienesque rather than of the separate notes. It is a happy fragrance, a mood lifter and the perfect summer scent.

My bottle is more orange than the pictures, but glows gorgeously. I want the Or d'Ambre version also, I am dubious of kiwi, but the bottle is a most perfectly colored thing of beauty.

Bebette
Bebette

Let me start out by saying that I am a die hard Thierry Mugler fan and Alien is my signature scent. Being a loyal customer, they were awesome enough to send me a couple of samples, including this one, Alien Sunessence Soleil. I didn't have high hopes for this one to begin with as I can't pull off ANYTHING citrus with my personality or skin, after a while it becomes rancid. Let me warn you, do not smell this right away or you will be sorry lol it gives you quite a smack in the face with grapefruit! After it settled down though I enjoyed it, I could still get the original Alien in it with a refreshingly crisp, citrusy twist. It's quite genius really I didn't see how the combination could possibly work but it does. I had 7 customers (male) beg me for the name of what perfume I was wearing, it was a huge hit with them and the sillage was obviously good, as always with Thierry Mugler. I don't think it lasts quite as long as the original Alien, which may be good for some who are scared of the longevity in Alien EdP, but customers were also commenting on it long after I could smell it so it's possible I just couldn't detect it anymore myself. Overall, a lovely perfume,I'd give it an 7 out of 10 not due to a fault of it's own but because I don't like citrus on myself.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Slightly similar to the original Alien, but lighter. I recommend wearing this one in warmer weather as it is a zesty summer spritz kind of fragrance. It is long lasting and intriguing. I always receive compliments when I wear it. The bottles are always amazing - the Alien series of fragrance bottles remind me of the aliens in Luc Besson's movie The Fifth Element!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I recieved this masterpiece in a swapp,(Thank you so much dear giovanna) I wasn´t sure if I was going to like it,all I can think about is to collect all aliens,no matter if I like it or not.. So I really really really love this one.. It´s so sad to be a limited edition,why!? It,shouldn´t be,Mr Mugler could get so much money for it,don´t know the idea of make limited editions,it must be forbidden!! I´m so glad I own this one,and a huge detail,is that it lasts forever,just got it this week,and already recieved many compliments..only used one spray in my wirst,and it was enough.. If you still can find it, what are you waiting for!? I say GO FOR IT :)

Sillage: 10/10
Longetivity:10/10

It finally comes to my realization that all Aliens are white flower bomb with the strength and (gourmand) sweetness as the variation of each version. Wonder why it takes me so long!?

Bottome line, I am NEVER a fan of a white flower. A gardenia is okay but definitely not tuberose nor certain kind of jasmine. For this version of Alien, Tiare flower dominates the way. Citrus is very muted. It's not too light, not too heavy, but it is still pretty florally sweet. It's torelable in a nice way. I find it warm and very exotic like a hula girl in a tropical hot weather.

I may not be using this much or much at all, but I am such a sucker for this beautiful bottle. Again, this is for someone who likes white flowers or is open minded to the idea of finding "the Alien" he/she may like.

servana
servana

This is an interesting one, & now that I own this fragrance I understand why it is not classified - because it is constantly changing (at least for me)! Therefore, it would be quite hard to classify.

Straight out of the bottle, it smells VERY strongly of grapefruit (one of my favourite foods, as well as notes)! And upon first spray, it does smell very strongly of this, but I also detect wild lavender! It's pretty thick & intense upon this first spray... Then it mellows out & the wild lavender scent fades, leaving the grapefruit. So it becomes citrusy. Then, the grapefruit takes a backseat & the jasmine comes out, turning this into a sharp white floral. Next, I detect an element in this which is almost spicy, like paprika. And then finally it dries down into a creamy vanilla scent, almost exactly the same as the dry down of Amarige Mariage (on me)!!!

Wow!!! That was definitely unexpected. I would describe this as a warm floral citrus scent which dries down into a creamy vanilla.

But notes aside, to me, this smells like happiness! The dry down of Amarige Mariage almost makes me feel sad. I don't know why. But this makes me feel happy & confident. And the warm vanilla dry down makes me feel very comforted...

I really like this. Fascinating fragrance, beautiful bottle & evocative of such positive emotions!! I would definitely associate this with a sunset on a beautiful summers day.

FireFaerie
FireFaerie

I was really excited about this one - wanted to try something new, so I got some samples off Ebay. At first spray, it smelled like Skin So Soft. Now, 30 min later, it smells like grapefruit scented Skin So Soft. :(
I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not, but I'm leaning towards putting it back on Ebay.

Marisa36
Marisa36

No doubt a Thierry Mugler scent and never would have tried if it wasn't for an over enthusiastic SP who "attacked" me with it at the department store. Normally find TM scary... a bit out of my comfort zone, but this one is not bad at all. Not sweet at all, clean and almost soapy. Definitely not for wall flowers. When I got back to the office the immediate reaction was "oh, someone went perfume spraying again" :-) Won't buy this one though... can't stand to smell myself the whole day & usually end up with a headache at the end. My best is to get a lovely whiff every now and then as I go about my business. This is too in my face (so to speak) for my liking.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Today it's wet-flurries with a cool -1celcius. Why do I share the weather with you? You will soon find out. I was given a sample from a lovely member. Thank you Trax. Thierry Mugler, the name always bring up anxiety for me. I go into automatic omg this is going to knock me out. But no, this is a superb squirt of sunlight rays beaming with citrus lemonade effect with a dab of sweetness. Oh I wish this wasn't a limited edition, this is a perfect fragrance for bland days like today. A great mood lifter for those who could be effected by a lack of sunlight or grey days. Bottle worthy for me.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

This Alien flanker got me into the whole Alien range.
Sunessence Saphir Soleil is a great scent.
If you use Alien regularly, you might think this is a great summer fragrance.
I still find it a bit too heavy in comparison to all the other summer scents in the shops.
But still, I love wearing it.
As it was a special edition and is no longer available I use it sparingly.
This Alien opens with fresh and feminine notes.
The grapefruit note in particular is sooo juicy and makes me want to spray more and more on my skin.
The drydown is similar to the real Alien, but still fresh, warm and fruity.
After a whole day I can still smell the difference between the original and this one and I must say that I really do like it.
The yellow Alien sunessence and the original share more similarities but this is the perfect scent for someone who regularly stands in front of the Mugler shelf, sniffs Alien and is not sure whether to like it or not.

Blissful80
Blissful80

I had a sample and it didn't last...I really like this one too! Great for daytime and summer! Grapefruit! I love summer scents that have grapefruit in them because when they dry down it smells soooo sexy. Your hair will smell good, your skin smells good, and your clothes smells good. It lingers for a longtime, Very sexy scent! It smells like Alien but with a citrus touch.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I like this incarnation of Alien (which BTW is my all time favorite perfume), it's a lighter sweeter summer version but on me it smells too much like the original to buy it.

nyoka
nyoka

AS much as I despise Angel,I love this one.It smells like a tuned up angel.BEAUTIFUL citrus and amber.Right up there with Alien!I think this would b great for any age any time,any where!

Casi
Casi

What a pretty, softly sweet and citrus fragrance! I must say, I love this even more than original Alien. While I am going to enjoy Alien Sunessence this summer, I could see myself wearing this just as often in the winter. The pink grapefruit note in this is a juicy, true citrus. I cannot think of a better pick me up.
The notes used for this lovely concoction read rather simple and that is fine by me because they come together seamlessly. I suspect that this fragrance would wear well on just about any woman of any age. After nearly 4 hours, I still smell the softness of the amber and suprisingly, the pink grapefruit is still present. I wish that these Sunessence versions weren't limited editions. Side note: After about 20 minutes on my skin, this smells nearly identical to Stella McCartney's Stella, (which I also own and adore). The only difference being the grapefruit note, of course.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

A fantastic version of Alien,sweet and sparkly with the essence of the original Alien.Really beautiful bottle too,highly on my wishlist for sure..

Anahi
Anahi

A lovely fruity fragrance which differs completely from Thierry's preevious 'Alien' fragrances which are much more heavy/woody/musky/sweeter. A perfect summer perfume.

stanfoz
stanfoz

wow im in love with this its going to be perfect for summer evenings!! i love summer smells they make me feel alive ! just gutted its a limited edition .

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This smells so amazing and the bottle is beautiful! Its really out of the world and glows! I have to be honest Its really uplifting and fresh while still keeping the alien signature! Bravo Mugler!

Dark Curls

i got my bottle today. I love it and the grapefruit is so divine! I am happy I nabbed a bottle of this.

jonr951

I tried it 2day and it was nice. Nothing amazing. Just nice. Its my least favorite from the Aliens. The yellow sunessence was way better. I wish I had gotten me a bottle of that one.

Dark Curls

Jonr951, I surely will! I ordered this one and the limited Angel Sunessence Blue Lagoon at the same time and I can't wait to review both!!

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

Nordstrom stores do have all the limited editions I was reading on another blog that someone bought 2 bottles of this at once because it was absolutely beautiful!

I can't wait to smell the pink grapefruit note, its one of my favourite smells.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

wow this sounds so awesome tiare flower! grapefruit! amber!! yummmmmm! i wonder if nordstrom stores have it. im gonna check tomorrow =)

jonr951

Dark Curls!! U have to report back and tell us how it is!! Im so jealous!! Congrats!! I wanna see the bottle in person so badly!! : )

Dark Curls

My oh my, I ordered a bottle today from Nordstrom's website...I need help... Can't wait to get it!!

Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil by Thierry Mugler 4.27 out of 5 based on 239 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alien Sunessence Edition Saphir Soleil by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.