Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Angel Aqua Chic Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Aqua Chic Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Angel Aqua Chic Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

The house of Thierry Mugler announces two new editions arriving on the market in March 2012. These are sophisticated, elegant and chic eau de toilettes that will bring the popular compositions closer to girls and women who prefer transparent editions – aquatic fragrances.

Both editions will not go far from the popular topic they are famous for, but will be more transparent and purified with aquatic accords.

Angel Aqua Chic is composed of lemon, pink pepper, corn flower water lying on a base composed of patchouli and vanilla. The fragrance is available in a traditional star-shaped bottle, 50ml EDT. Perfumer of the new version is Aurelien Guichard.

Amalfi Lemon

Wish Pure

Angel Aqua Chic Fragrance Reviews

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

This was a blind buy for me and I must say that I am disappointed by the longevity. It lasted less than an hour on my skin which is odd because fragrances usually last forever on my skin. Otherwise this is a wonderful fragrance. Much better than the original EDP. I love the EDT but the EDP is too much for me. This flanker smells wonderful. It opens with a fresh citrusy note that dissipates quickly and dries down to patchouli heaven that reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle, which is a favorite of mine. This would be a repurchase if it lasted longer.

glassjules
glassjules

All I can say is...this is for women?? Eeks! Not this woman!! I got a sample and tried it tonight, and am now wishing it wasn't so late or I'd take a shower...not for me. At all.

CozyCat
CozyCat

I love the original Angel, and I don't like this flanker...it's too masculine and 'sporty'. It's basically the original minus all the sweet-candy notes...so you're left behind with a strong patchouli + squeeze in a large lemon and a teaspoon of sugar. Not for me, but I would recommend it to guys, or women who want a fresh, citrusy patchouli scent. I think the 2013 version is slightly better than this, abit more feminine.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

Smells like Angel, but on the lighter side. I really like this one. I got it 50% at Perfumania in the mall so I was even more please about that. I'm still planning on getting Angel when I want a heavier scent, but this one is a keeper for me.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

Oh Gosh i love the citrus in this..I love this version of Angel..i tried to go for Chanel Eau Fraiche or Light Blue but those turn masculine on me so this delivers everything those couldn't..If i were to compare this version of Aqua Chic it has some similar notes to Coco Mademoiselle..its not an exact dupe but the citrus notes with the patchouli right of the bat remind you a bit of Mademoiselle and i actually preferred the sweetness in this alot..its very fresh and fun almost like a citrus soda..it is an EDT but the best part is if you really like this scent you can wear it year round not like the others that turn on your chemistry because they are strickly for summer,spring..you never have that problem with Thierry Mugler fragrances they are strong,generably long lasting and very remeberable and unique..this is very refreshing and you can spray alot and not be turned off..a wonderful summer fragrance but i will wear it year round i just like citrus scents that much.I love this bottle the best its teal with glitter all over it...just wish i could refill this stuff when gone..but the bottle is totally refillable and you can always put regular Angel in it which is really nice.

HATORI
HATORI

I got it .Less sugar more lemon ,after a orange juice smell it became Angelself .

Kyperkat
Kyperkat

I get the pink pepper coming through pretty strong, and it throws it off for me. A lot of people really like this one, but not me. Maybe my cousin will like it. Too bad. T_T

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I received a sample of this beauty from a very special member of the forum and I absolutely love this fragrance. Excellent for summer; soft sweet and a great alternative when I don't want the strength of the original Angel perfume.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I am really disappointed with this one. I was happy to find lighter version of Angel which would be suitable for summer. And it is if not the lasting power which on me is totally none. I love the scent, it's light and unique (even though so popular these days). After 2 times spraying it is noticable for first 15 mins and then it's just gone. Such a shame. Nothing else than coming back to EDT.

sandyfeet123
sandyfeet123

I think guys can easily pull this off, it'll be sexy on both men and women.
Throughout the top and middle notes its bright with a masculine,spicy hint, at the same time theres a slight, underlying rich sweetness. As u get into the base notes I just get the rich sweet scent.
Definitely a statement day-time scent and it sticks around on me for six hrs, sillage is higher for the first 4 hours,during the last two hours with the base notes its close to the skin. The woman who wears this is surely confident.

monamonib
monamonib

itried this yesterday it remind me of see preez for ten minutes then it turned like men after shave cologne ialredy have the virsion of 2009 and it is more better and femmine than this

Bettany87
Bettany87

Right from the initial application this was very pleasant. The patchouli is there but it was not dark and unrelenting. Do I dare say refreshing? Yes, this fragrance successfully signifies the word AQUA. Whispers of citrus in the background along with the sweet vanilla and soft spices resulting in a fresh and upbeat version of the original. More friendly, highly wearable and still uniquely beautiful.

This one is a big and positively delightful surprise to a non-Angel wearer like me. Angel and I did not get along well, one spray sent me dashing to the sink to wash it off my wrist. However, I was determined to explore the world of Angel until I find one my chemistry will be willing to work with. Then I was gifted this curious concoction, ANGEL AQUA CHIC ... finally the search is over!

Blimunda
Blimunda

I am not fond of any Angel versions as I find them uninteresting, too light and I feel they somehow ruin the whole concept of the original Angel, but Aqua Chic is beyond all expectations.

This is crème de la crème for a perfect summer feeling, refreshing, radiant, energizing, uplifting, it instantly puts smile on my face, I adore it! I see slight resemblance with Shiseido Zen.

One more perfume that I regret being a limited edition.

TheBaroness
TheBaroness

I don't understand what has happened here. I sprayed Aqua Chic at Sephora, smelled the card, and thought, "Wow, that is a totally different take on Angel!" and walked away. A couple of months later when their VIB 20% off sale was going on, I returned to buy it, but by then it was gone.

I found a site that was having a 20% off deal, and ordered Aqua Chic. When it arrived, I spritzed one little drop on one wrist and let it dry.

Suddenly my husband, who was downstairs, is sniffing the air and saying, "It smells like a perfume counter in here!" It was so strong that the scent had traveled downstairs and almost immediately I couldn't detect anything other than Angel. There were no citrus notes, no cornflower, or even the lighter, more refreshing scent that I had smelled in Sephora. It's just Angel, straight-up.

So either my bottle was filled with the wrong juice or my nose has failed me. It's been about four hours now and I washed that wrist thoroughly and it still smells so strongly. I'm pretty disappointed as I was looking for a lighter, more refreshing version of Angel.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

This breeze of glittering silver spray is another work of art in the oceanic themed scents by Thierry Mugler.

The notes are not cloying or heavy with the scent of patchouli or woody notes.

The lemon scent is a wonderful opening with the pink pepper and sultan seeds. The base notes in combination with heart notes is chic, bold and energetic.

This scent's sillage lasts so long and smells so soft and
fresh as flower kissed ocean breeze.

Angel Aqua Chic is a really fresh take on the original Angel, however it's lacking the gourmand qualities that I enjoy. It's a somewhat light and musty patchouli scent, freshened up with sour, sparkling citrus.

Although the original is fairly controversial and difficult to wear, it has character. Unfortunately the same can't be said of Angel Aqua Chic. Its inoffensive sillage and approachable scent makes it great for Summer, but also very bland and unexciting.

I have no idea what cornflour is supposed to smell like, so I can't really detect it in this composition. Like I mentioned before, the patchouli is quite a dominant fixture in Angel Aqua Chic. However, it does vary in strength. During the opening it seems less noticeable, but by the drydown it becomes much more apparent.

Like the original Angel EDP, this Summer flanker also has a touch of mystery. It's not a bad scent, however I would probably choose the original over and above Angel Aqua Chic, (and any other similar Summer-inspired flankers for that matter), if I ever had Angel cravings.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see an Angel intense flanker. Now that would be fun. But then again, I suppose Angel Liquer de Parfum has already achieved that.

On a more positive note, the longevity is to be applauded. It's a good concept and a pleasing result. However if I were the perfumer, I would either make it more aquatic and crisp, or skip making it altogether.

vivR
vivR

I love this *Angel light' without being able to tell the various notes apart..It's definetely a summery scent!

It also reminds me of the 2011 Angel Silver Ocean Sunessence version, but I believe it's a tad more salty and lemony. Can anyone corroborate?

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

I definitely love it, its sparkly, lemony and marine. The salty notes make it for me, its like ocean foam on your skin...I lived by the ocean all my life, this certainly takes me home. Unfortunately it stays on the skin for a pretty short time, 3 hours and its gone... the final notes remind you of the original Angel which is nice, since its still there without being overwhelming. I used Angel a long time ago and now its just too much, but this version made it!! I'm curious about Angel Ocean d'Argent...I wish I could try it and compare. The Angel Sunessence Pivoine is much similar to Angel but the Pivoine added a Victoria's Secret quality to it that for me is unbearable. Aqua Chic brings Italian champagne and summer evenings by the beach together with a hint of chocolaty-vanilla in the end...eatable! Just be ready to spray it often because it will fade away very fast.

K1
K1

WOW... nice job on aquatic mood. Several reformulations indicates how flexible Thierry Mugler perfumes are.
For this one, just consider the original Angel and add some leafy watery tone with a bit chilly theme and less sweets that although the main theme is the same but the entire combination is different.
Aqua Chic is just a Mugler fan's item not in hot weather but in more casual way.
Although I prefer Angel, this is just outstanding.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is much more wearable Eau de Star! Starts off really muffled, pale and way too silent. Like, they washed away everything that was great in original. I thought that this shamelessly cut down version was boring as hell.

Next one there was patchouli and sweetish notes like Eau de Star Lite with a little cologney accord. Lasts, but not too original.

Bottle looks the same as 50ml Angel EDP only it has glitter coverage. Glitter doesn't go off or stay on hands. It's like lacquered or someting.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Angel Aqua Chic is worse than the original Angel. It smells of patchouli, patchouli and more patchouli. I don't know how this is suppose to be a summer scent!!

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

To me this smells exactly like Angel, only maybe a little less chocolate and caramel, and a lot more patchouli and a vague sense of flowers. I do like it a lot. It is definitely identifiable as a part of the Angel family.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

At first sniff, the top notes were intoxicating. I smelled a beautiful, fresh pink lemonade type smell. I kept sniffing it, thinking I had to have it. But then those notes faded very quickly and I was left with sort of a one-note, flatlined patchouli with not much excitement or depth. I find Angel, Angel EDT, and Innocent to have such a richness and roundness but Aqua Chic left me wanting more of, well, something else. I just felt it lacked the uniqueness and pizazz that the other Mugler fragrances have. Unfortunate since the top notes are to die for.

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

I fully expected to hate this, being a lover of the original Angel (not the current version which I swear has been reformulated into smelling nothing like it used to), but I actually really like it.

I mainly get cornflower and red berries like another reviewer. This to me is like the bits of Angel you're supposed to smell but I cannot. Thankfully also no aquatic bathroom cleaner type smell either which is what aquatics usually smell like to me. It smells like water, yes, but not faux-seawater-beach-toilet cleaner. It reminds me of a cornflower eye make up remover I used to have actually, Klorane.

It's not long lasting or huge on sillage but as a pretty summerish perfume, I like it a lot, enough to maybe seek out a bottle.

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

I bought Angel Aqua Chic a few days ago and have been wearing it daily. I call Angel Aqua Chic the Pale Angel. Very light and close to the skin. The fruit-chouli accord shares a similar vibe to Chanel's Coco Mlle EdT, therefore if you like that perfume then you may like this Angel perfume. Aqua Chic is a fresh and airy Angel toilette in which the talked about hydrosols give the scent the airy feeling. Overall it's a pretty summer Angel essence in which you can still smell some of the original Angel accord. Longevity is five hours on me and sillage is low to medium. I do feel the price is high considering it is a toilette, but nevertheless, it is a perfume to sample at least. Hard core Angel fans will probably pass on this one but those of us who won't wear the original Angel EdP due to it tenacity and density, might enjoy the Aqua Chic. I'm enjoying it (so far). Nice bottle too and it's similar to the original Angel designed bottle but with it's own special touches.

SilverAgatka
SilverAgatka

Woody and earthy, nothing like most aquatic fragrances but somehow still very sporty and fresh. The initially strong patchouli gives way to pink pepper, lemon and cornflower. That vanilla/cotton candy/spiced chocolate note that we love Angel ODP for is clearly detectable, but in a much more subtle way. I'd say it has Angel's innocence but it is chic and quirky for completely different reasons.

Takhaet
Takhaet

I just received a sample of Aqua chic and I already know I will be purchasing the whole bottle soon ..... First time ever I don't smell patchouli in Angel!

On my skin it smells sweet like sugar with a bit of zesty lemon and lime juice and pink pepper but you could still smell that Angel chocolate-honey +vanilla note. It is very light and refreshing suprisingly.
I absolutely love it ! Perfect Angel for spring and summer.

UPDATE :
I can smell patchouli at the drydown but it is very light and quite pleasant

Grottola
Grottola

A great addition to the Angel line. To my nose, it's quite similar to the Eau de Toilette, but it has a more "sparkly" quality to it, like sun-kissed skin. Imagine someone's skin while they're out in the sun, by the beach, with some tanning lotion on, or maybe relaxing by the pool. It may not have "aquatic" notes, but it's able to successfully channel images of sun and surf. If you want an Angel for summer, look no further. Sillage and longevity are awesome.

DocTales
DocTales

I loved the original Angel when I was a teenager, but then got over it and could never warm up to it again. Tried this new version yesterday, and at first there is soft, beautiful citruses, playing with the cornflower essence. Then the 'Angel' comes out with its bedrock of patchouli and vanilla, only much softer and lighter and then finally, after 15 minutes, wonderful red berries that are not listed here. Fantastic combo, loved it!

Angel has gone sporty!! If my decant is labeled correctly, this is nothing at all like the Angel!!! Or any Angel. I don't smell that strong patchouli or anything sugary sweet here. If there really is a patchouli, then it is a really subtle and clean one. It's delightful. This is, by far, the freshest and sportiest Angel ever. No salty oceanic note, no sugar topping, no cream, no calories. This should be more appealing to anyone, especially those who dislike the good old Angel. All the guys in the yard should check this edition out too.

chowchow41
chowchow41

This is a really soft version. It opens with Amalfi Lemon [wish that would stay around longer] but fades quickly. I get just a hint of the cornflower but cannot really discribe it. Then its soft patchouli all the way, the longivety is about 5 hours. Its easy to wear. Its easier to wear then the Blue Lagoon edition witch i have wich i find more masculin. Its nothing new not that spectaculair but very nice close to the skin scent and easy to wear. I can recommend it.

I really enjoyed this version of Angel. This is going to sound weird, but it has a plastic scent to it that I honestly really like. For some reason it reminds me of the scent of one of those colorful vinyl beach balls, or maybe a clear vinyl beach bag. To me, that's the only thing "aqua chic" about it. It's not refreshing to me in any way. I guess I expected stronger citrus and cornflower, but I smell mostly vanilla and patchouli. And of course this edition is very nice for people who find the other versions of Angel way too heavy and complicated. This is a beach scent with a gourmand touch. For such a light perfume, longevity is excellent.

Angel Aqua Chic by Thierry Mugler 3.70 out of 5 based on 218 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Aqua Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Aqua Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Aqua Chic by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Aqua Chic by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.