Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Angel Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Angel Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women Videos
Angel Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Eau de Toilette Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Thierry Mugler presents Angel Eau de Toilette in 2011, the new, modern version of the famous original Angel from 1992. The new fragrance comes in a bottle designed as a comet, symbolizing eternal renewal, and is made so that it simultaneously exudes freshness, innocence and sensuality expressed with deep oriental-gourmand components. It was developed by perfumer Amandine Marie.

The composition is described as an oriental - gourmand - powdery, developing in "waves" as a “whirlwind of desires”. The fragrance opens with heavenly fresh wave of bergamot and pink pepper, which is slowly replaced by delightful wave of praline and dewy red fruits. Voluptuous wave brings notes of patchouli, cedar wood, vanilla and white musk.

The new face of the Angel campaign, as well as of the new Angel Eau de Toilette, is Eva Mendes.

Angel Eau de Toilette is available in bottles of 40 and 80 ml.

Bergamot Pink Pepper

Arome Arthes Seduction

Angel Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

hanson26
hanson26

I loathe the original Angel. I rarely come across a fragrance that I truly hate but Angel is one of those. However, despite the fact that I find it nauseating, I do actually like the concept behind it. Earthy patchouli with gourmand notes, but not sickeningly sweet as in La Vie Est Belle. I always thought it could be very good, if they took out whatever gave it that unbearably dense, musty, dirty smell. I guess they finally caught on because here it is! It still has the heart of Angel, but it's fresher, spicier, and has a sparkling quality to it. There's definitely patchouli here, and lots of it. There's also a bit of pepper that adds a spicy facet to it. The gourmand notes are delicious without being too sweet or having a chemical smell to them. Fruity notes add to the fresh, sparkling feel. It's an evening scent, and definitely not a wallflower scent, even though it is lighter and less in your face than Angel (a good thing, trust me). It's Angel done right.

annwnoe
annwnoe

The Angel eau de toilette smells of three things to me: menthol, patchouli and powder. As negative as that description may sound, I do like the EDT. It could even become craveable if, as with other Mugler fragrances, the EDT is an acquired taste, which I suspect it is.

muncierobson
muncierobson

I LOVE this!

A fresher and more restrained sibling to my signature 'Angel' EDP.

The bergamot remains throughout the experience for me: gradually mellowing to include the fruit and then the praline notes.

The trademark patchouli is balanced by the musk to produce a warm and clean base. It's still patchouli but not as we know it from the EDP.

I think I'd be reminded of Angel EDP if I blind tested this. It isn't however, a 'watered down' summer version. I agree with other reviewers, it is slightly masculine but as I'm a guy, it's all good! I will wear this thru spring and summer!

Longevity is good and sillage moderate, though both are significantly toned down compared to the older sister.

For many people, this will be a good thing!

#winning

HB-C
HB-C

I tried this but it doesn't work for me at all, I don't really get anything sweet from it just a musty dirty smell. The base notes are much better but it takes a long time to get that far. It lasts well over 8 hours and sillage is moderate.

magrathea17
magrathea17

truly interesting. definitely nice perfume, but sooooo sweet(especially from the beginning) I can´t decide if I´d wear it.

on the other hand, there is something lusty, lascivious or even Lolita-like slutty about it which makes it provocative. not sure if I like it, but I simply won´t stop sniffing my wrist

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

This smells nothing like the EDP.

Starts with bergamot and patchouli, dries into tangy fruit (red berries?) with faint vanilla and cedar. Some days I can detect praline.

Nice in its own right, but not my style. Anyway, Angel EDT lasts only 2 hrs on me.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

Like this perfume very much and I like the bottle too.
Angel has the perfect combination of notes to create the aroma of patchiouly.
Lovely notes are:Red berries,bergamot,pink pepper and patchiouly that Is very prominent and that gives a smell of sandalwood.
This perfume is suitable for a winter-sunny day.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I used to side with Alien when it came to Thierry Mugler, but lately, the Jasmine has been getting so cold on my skin. Very uninviting, especially in winter. I also used to HATE Angel ( I mean gagging and trying not to breathe when it was sprayed). I gave it so many chances and it never worked out.

I also used to hate Narciso Rodriguez, but I found myself strangely addicted to the EDP and EDT the other day. It's like my tastes have changed and done a 180. So I gave Angel another chance and, turns out, I love it.

I do prefer the EDT over the EDP as I find it's very sparkly and it's easier to wear. I own enough perfumes out of mere respect for them and I wanted something that just…smells nice. SImple.

Angel EDT starts out with an initial scary blast that lets you know you're in for a ride. Berries sparkle through after about 5 minutes and it continues to morph into this beautiful chocolaty cinnamon just-biteable cloud of perfection. I keep spraying it on (I probably reek!) because I just love how it changes. I'm like the kid who keeps running back to the same roller-coaster ride because, let's face it, it's the best ride in the whole freaking park.

Eau de Toilette is lighter and more wearable version of the first Angel, and I have to confess - I just fell in love with it!
It is so lovely vibrating, cosmic, yummy, totally enchanting! Berries and pralines, based on warm patchouli, makes it heavenly scent, soft, really angelic. Moreover, moderate bergamot makes it quite fresh, which is rare feature in Oriental family.
Highly recommend to try this one.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I bought it blindly after fallen into the A*Men series spell, and I must admitt it does smell like a flanker of the original male scent. It is sweet but I cannot say the source, it is not candy floss for one thing. I smell mostly citrus and patchoulli, a bit of pepper, a bit of vanilla. there is a fruit accord but for me it is very blured, it could be red berries. I don't get the woody note perhaps because I don't keep the EDT that long for real base notes, but I get the clean, musk feeling during the whole life of Angel EDT on my skin, about 4 to 5 hours, before I have a shower, I live in a hot country and in a small enought town for me to go home for lunch, I am a lucky/happy man. also, I don't get praline or chocolate, but a very bitter cocoa powder that gives A. a very masculine edge, like it does to L'Instant de Guerlain. In fact, having in my mind A*Men and Pure Malt all the time it is hard to realize it is in fact a woman's scent. One male scent much sweeter that this is Lalique Lion pour Homme, which is almost sufoccating vanilla for me. So, what makes it a feminine fragrance? There's no flower. No powderness. Angel EDT could be just as well A*Men Pure Citron Limited Edition. Not bad, not bad at all. Can't see why this shouldn't be a safe blind buy.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

This blew my mind!!
Absolutely gorgeous and refreshing.
If intrigued by Angel edP, try this if want it to be more subtle.

freddinos
freddinos

I like this version on Angel very much, it is fresh and smells very citrusy to my nose. The notes dominating on my skin are patchouli, bergamot and only a tad of vanilla. Could definitely be worn even in the morning or to work (1-2 sprays maximum though) as opposed to the original.
I only have a refill vial which I dab on, now to find an empty refillable bottle; it would be such a beautiful addition to my dresser!

personagrata

This is great! not as powerful,not as gourmand,not as aggressive as edp, which I actually love, but I find it more sexy and strange. I spritz a very tiny bit of edp on the back of my head than I give 2,3, spritz of edt and it lasts without being offensive.

bubbles
bubbles

This smells so close to innocent, I'm now sorry I purchased this, since I've already had innocent :( my bottle is now up for swap!

suzan de haas
suzan de haas

I have been a big Angel EDP fan. I have been buying it for years, from the beginning! But after wearing it for such a long time, it's getting bored. Angel smells like.... well, Angel. It smells the same on everybody and sometimes I think the smell is so synthetic that it is a bit 'plastic'. Now I recovered Angel EDT. It is definitely Angel but with a nice fresh tone which I like so much. The staying power is definitely less than Angel EDP. But still great!

hedward
hedward

Im surprised that no one hasnt mentioned Pure Malt. I own both PM and Angel EDT and I can say that they are nearly identical!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

While wearing Angel EDT, I totally agree that it shares some similarities with Innocent and Angel La Rose, as bergamot and red berries have a similar masculine edge like in Innocent, and there is also some salty peppery characristics like in Angel La Rose.

The transition to the delicious praline is so smooth that I can't really figure out when it peeped out. The red berries are always there with some tartness to refresh the creamy praline. The patchouli can be felt but on my skin I don't find it that fierce like in EDP.

The sillage is relatively close and it lasts and lasts, almost 12 hours. It's definitely in the same line of Angel EDP and it's much cleaner and more understated. Although Angel EDT didn't really bring something entirely new, it's no doubt an adorable fragrance. It may not seem to be a necessary for someone who already owns several products of the Angel line, but for someone who's starting his adventure to explore Angel or Thierry Mugler universe, Angel EDT can serve well to open the magical gate.

Germany
Germany

A few days ago I got into Angel again. Yes in the middle of the summer. I am in love with it as it is a stunning statement fragrance ( see my review for Angel ) so today I thought I would buy the EDT version as I often tested it but then was unsure of its masculine character. It certainly has a cedar note and that combined with the patchouli comes on strong and minty, it reminds me of sweat!!! But good sweat if there is such a thing ;) it opens with bergamot and pink pepper so much fresher than the EDP . Then it sweetens up with the chocolate praline note and berries. The dry down is incredible and lasts for days , ceder vanilla patchouli and musk! A man could easily wear it. It's not as rich as the EDP and its not as great as the EDP but has a cool interesting twist. I personally wish it was sweeter and just a little less masculine in order for me to love it completely. It's a high quality long lasting scent just like all Mugler scents. It reminds me slightly of innocent .

Pingo114
Pingo114

This is a very dark and sexy scent but definitely not for me. All I can smell is incense and ceder, but that might just be my skin.

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

Wow after smelling the original of this in the parfume I was extermly suprized to find that this actually smells really good!

octobersun
octobersun

No, this is not a milder Angel. This is much less sweet, dark and deadly sexy.
I just had to have it - it is perfect.
And on my skin, it has great silage and longevity, even better than the edp.
I thought I was a patchouli hater - how come...

sistermoon
sistermoon

I wouldn't say this edt is weaker than Angel edp. There is less vanilla and berries which is a good move, I think, because vanilla in the original Angel can be headachy. There is a lot more patchouli though - it's darker, sharper and more genuine here, and there's also some smokiness. I'm a patchouli lover, so I actually prefer this version. But if you're looking for a milder Angel, this isn't it.

Aysu
Aysu

If you are an Angel EDP fan, you don't need this one. If you find patchouli note of Angel EDP off-putting, then again you should avoid this one, because this is even heavier on the patchouli and this time patchouli mixed with pepper that makes it too sharp. If you like Angel EDP but looking for a less sweet alternative, maybe this one is ideal for you.. Otherwise, I don't understand the need for having this. Also cannot find any similarity between Angel Innocent and this one, Innocent has no patchouli notes and this one has lots of it.

kasiarog
kasiarog

Prefer this one over Angel eau the parfum. I've been wearing this much recently and I think this is my signature scent. I feel feminine yet self-confident while wearing it. I think it is suitable for fall and winter as much as for colder days in summer and spring. Very long-lasting, however, sillage of this one could be better. Nonetheless, for the eau de toilette it still is the best of its category. Recommend this one!

reborn
reborn

This smells like Innocent by TM,but with worse lasting power.

susie2013
susie2013

this is a completely different fragrance from angel edp. to me its very exotic and spicy, not as sweet as edp. its more masculine, very like amen on the dry down. but it has the same fimiliarity as angel edp, something that i feel very comfortable with and i enjoy wearing it along with angel body products. i dont find it friuty at all, i really get the musk and patchouli, although i can still sense that its a gourmand. its definately for patchouli lovers.
and the bottle is totally stunning. something a bit dc universe about it.

cwolf
cwolf

I am also disappointed with the longevity of the EDT. I won't be so stingy next time and will shell out for the EDP.

takeasniff
takeasniff

Although I wouldn't buy this because personally I prefer the Alien range, I would say Mugler has managed to incorporate the latest trends in perfumery and blend it with a classic and the result is a very good quality perfume well executed. It has been refreshed to represent todays trends so it can appeal to a new generation of perfume lovers.

Too often the classic perfumes are butchered in an attempt to achieve what Mugler has but they just end up executed as very confusing perfumes this is not the case here I think it is very clear what Mugler wanted for this fragrance.

jessbug
jessbug

Yay, finally I have found a Thierry Mugler that I can wear!

The Angel EdP is just overwhelming on me, and although I do have some love for the dry-dry-drydown (the way it smells after about 8+ hours), I just don't have the time, money, or patience for Angel EdP.

Still, determined to find a TM that I could love and wear, I tried the Angel EdT. At first spritz it seemed almost as abrasive as the EdP: lots of that heady patchouli-mixed-with-super-strong-sweetness. The only good thing about it, I thought, is that it's a little less strong than the EdP. I shrugged and went on my way.

After a little while, though, the fresh, rosy pink pepper and the berries started to peek out, and then even define the scent. I do agree that these notes smell pink! There is also a woody note there, it reminds me of this wooden flute I used to have. I guess it's the cedar. This isn't your typical pencil shavings cedar, though, it smells like high quality wood.

The base - similar to Angel EdP - supports and carries the fresh, sweet middle notes, and makes it an unmistakable TM. This middle phase lasts about 3-4 hours on me, and is what made me decide to buy this frag. At absolute drydown (about 4-5 hours in), this smells like a weak version of Angel EdP's drydown, which is nice too, although the chocolate/praline note sometimes smells a bit dirty on my skin (especially when it's warm out).

From reading the reviews it seems that most of the serious EdP fans don't really care for the EdT, and vice versa. I fall into that same group, and I'm happy the EdT exists because it gives people who can't wear the EdP something to try (and love..?).

The bottle is also way prettier than I expected, and I enjoy the refill idea (although, for the 4-5 bucks of price difference, I'd probably just buy a new bottle and fill the old one with some different 'fume. How pretty would this look with a pink juice in it?).

4.2/5

Boudoir
Boudoir

When you first spray this you get a blast of strong patchouli, just like the original Angel. Then, you are hit with a combination of bergamot & pink pepper, the result being a fresh, sharp spiciness with a somewhat rosy scent (pink pepper). I'm now getting some sweet red fruits with strong & creamy nutty-chocolate praline. The vanilla is in there, but it's blended so well with the praline that it's hard to pick it out. The base is creamy, smooth & sweet. I still prefer my beloved Angel, but this is nice for warmer weather. Great work Mugler!

fefi
fefi

Doesnt last long in me....

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

I love the original Angel, but I really didn't like this Eau de Toilette version. It is vaguely similar to the original, but the pink pepper, bergamot, and red berries were terribly overpowering. The combination of those notes mixed with the patchouli made me feel a bit ill. It seems to be a modernized, fruity version of Angel, and probably better suited for someone other than myself.

UPDATE:
I tried this out again much later in the year, and I think I may have some hope for this scent. Perhaps my own body chemistry had changed. This time, it was sweet and soft, and the patchouli and cedar eventually came out as a warm, earthy spice undertone. Interesting and admittedly, rather nice!

liliana darriba
liliana darriba

Es como una mala versión de Angel edp,una copia de muy buena calidad, no es feo, pero no hace honor a su nombre. Angel es único.

Mons
Mons

I have this and the original Angel EDP, though I enjoy both - I like this one sooooooooo much more. There is something very "green" in the EDP that is absent in this EDT and I'm grateful because I don't care too much for that green note. I have received countless compliments with this EDT and absolutely zero with he EDP, they smell different and people do notice.

I love the patchouli sprinkled with vanilla sugar, it has lovely lasting power and I find myself reaching for this more than anything else these days. The weather has been gloomy and depressing where I live; this beautiful EDT is a warm, comforting cashmere blanket of fragrance and it makes me happy.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I sampled a few fragrances today. One of them was Angel EDT. When I first sprayed it on, it didn't do much for me, but as it started to dry down, it turned into a pleasant sweet scent. I don't get a strong chocolate scent, I can smell the red berries more than anything. I must say this is soft, nice, and very wearable.

Longevity is really good too. Almost too good... I decided to get it off my wrist after about 8 hours. I scrubbed multiple times, used rubbing alcohol, scrubbed again, and finally applied moisturiser. But, wait! I can still smell it!

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

This has a sweet/ spicy dance going on. You can definetly smell the chocolate and vanilla, which is gently grounded by a mild mix of pachouli and cedar. In an odd way you can smell the pink pepper mingling with the rest. Overall it's wonderful and keeps your nose intrigued.

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

More tolerable than the EDP. The chocolate note comes out more in this one, and the patchouli is slightly toned down. I absolutely loathe the original Angel, but this one is tolerable for me.

HATORI
HATORI

normally I hate Patchouli&Sweet,but this one is awesome!Perfect balance between sweet&bitter

merrypippin
merrypippin

I love this perfume! I am not a big perfume wearer, but I smelled this in Sephora and had to have it. It can be very overpowering at first (I usually spray it in the air and waft it towards me) and smells really strongly of patchouli and bergamot for the first few minutes I wear it. After a few minutes it mellows out and I get a gorgeous smell of the red berries with a very slight hint of the praline. Within a few hours the perfume is lovely and sweet and very slightly musky. It does seem to depend on the person who wears it; both my mom and sister tried it on and it smelled different on both of them. I'm so pleased I got this perfume as it really is lovely.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is like my scent dream came true. I don't really care that it's very common these days and and everybody wears Angel. On every person it smells a bit different. It's heavy (which i absolutely love) yet sophisticated and modern, not fruity for me and has great sillage. Next to my signature frag from J.P.Gaultier it's really something i will choose on and on for.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

I love Angel EDT, maybe even more than the EDP. I smell a bit more tartness from the red berries in the EDT, while I smell more patchouli, heavy chocolate and fluffy cotton candy in the EDP. The only thing I dislike about Angel EDT is that it smells different on me every time I spray some on. Sometimes, the red berries are really strong (which I LOVE), but then other times, the patchouli and chocolately praline dominate through the entire wear.

But normally, it starts off with a strong smell of chocolate from the praline. When the bergamot mixes with the praline, I smell something that reminds me of body odor and sweat. It’s that sweet and sour scent that just smells dirty and sweaty. But fortunately, the weird body odor smell fades within ten minutes, and I get a beautiful scent of the red berries and praline.

Angel does patchouli how I like it best—mossy and earthy. I get a light vanilla scent hovering around the patchouli and red berries. The patchouli, praline, vanilla, and red berries all get swirled together into a beautiful concoction, and one note would occasionally shine more than the rest (it’s usually the praline or patchouli). Sillage is very strong to the point of being offensive, so one spray on the wrist is enough. It lasts for several hours.

Angel EDT really reminds me of my childhood, especially on the days when the red berries play a larger role in the mix. It brings me back to very specific and treasured memories of playing with my sisters when we were children. When I found out that Angel was purposefully created to evoke childhood memories, I was very impressed with how well-executed this is. I don’t consider this a sexy fragrance at all. It’s more for my own comfort and liking. I love wearing this in the winter when I just want to feel cozy. I also like the magnetic cap to the bottle. I do wish that I could smell cotton candy like I did with the EDP because I loved smelling the cotton candy with the patchouli; it was such an interesting mix!

If you don't like patchouli or chocolate scents, this might not be for you. Although this is not as heavy or controversial as the EDP, I still encourage people to test this one out before buying. Even though this smells inconsistent on me, it’s one of my favorite fragrances ever. I love it! 5/5

angelabarnes
angelabarnes

After all the reviews and ups and downs I had to try this. Now mind you I read what these are suppose to smell like and they never do on me so its hard for me to find new perfume easily. I came into a sample of this and it is very strong on me all I smell is chocolate. There is something else there not sure what it was but mainly chocolate. This scent is a definite night scent after about a good 2 hours it had a nice powdery/chocolate scent and it lasted about a good 10 hours on me ( maybe longer but I went to bed.) I am a fruity type girl for scents but this was nice and I would like it for special events and nights out on the town with my hubby.

Linden
Linden

The EDT smells exactly like A*Men Pure Malt on my skin. Even side by side no one can tell them apart. Essentially fruity patchouli with a hint of chocolaty goodness. So if they stop selling PM again, this is the backup! Or more of it I should say.

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

I have both usual Angel and a Comet version which is similar to Angel but much much lighter. I like Comet less as it's not as long lasting as Angel.

fdmc
fdmc

High fragrance reinvented.
Just the perfect scent.
The scent of perfumes. An object of worship.
Magnetic perfume that attracts everyone and everything.
A new version of the Angel eau de parfum, more modern and a little smoother. May be a great option for those who think the eau de parfum too strong.
Extremely sensual, seductive and luxury.
Very longlasting and sillage enormous.
I recommend.
I love the Angel.
Thierry Mugler 4 ever.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

This smells medicinal... Reminds me of Vic's vaporub...
Not a fan :(

D@n!
D@n!

Como Todos de Thierry Mugler TEM UM aroma Diferente e peculiar. E UM DOS perfumes Mais conhecido, extremamente forte, doce e marcante, queridinho de MUITAS mulheres e os homens também adoram. O frasco é belíssmo. E Realmente hum Caso de amor OU POR Ódio elementos. Tenho um edt version, é mais suave e ainda deixa rastros por metros e metros.. As duas versões é apropriado para à Noite!

Como todos de Thierry Mugler tem um aroma diferente bem peculiar. É um dos perfumes mais conhecido,queridinho de MUITAS mulheres, extremamente forte e marcante,realmente caso de amor ou ódio por ele! Tenho a versão EDT que é mais suave ainda sim penso que é um perfume para se usar a noite.

soonflower
soonflower

There are days when I like this Angel much better than the EDP version which can be unfortunately too strong and overpowering.

It's totally different than the EDP.
It's fresh, delightful and sparkling.

Initial spray - red berries and pink pepper. For an hour I feel them very well. They are bounded by soft musk which comes out pretty fast on my skin.
The base is growing for quite a long time.
Red berries are fading away but then IT comes - a simply delicious aroma - praline, vanilla and soft patchouli. So different than the initial fresh and fruity aroma.

Lasting power it fantastic - all day long. Can smell it after the shower.

Amazing, very wearable, more versatile and perfect for younger audience or/and those who find Angel EDP too strong.

emi
emi

Angel EDP goes on diet and meets A*Men.

Lack of dark chocolate makes Angel EDT more on the masculin side.

Ninkin
Ninkin

Beautiful, more wearable version of the original Angel. The top notes may seem like something totally different, but when it gets to the base, you'll say "Ah, now here we are, hello there, Angel" -)

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I received two 6ml minis of the EDT and I had to give them both away to my mom. I know this might sound selfish but she loves it when I wear the original but it doesn't work with her chemistry so at least she enjoys the EDT version.

As others have mentionned, this scent turns way too masculine and I find that the scent doesn't evoke "presence" as the original does to me. Like the ALIEN EDT, this one is potent as well and I can't imagine more than 2 sprays max.

As much as I wanted to love this one, I'm going to be sticking to the EDP and the Taste of Fragrance versions. I can't wait until my mom finishes the 2 minis because I want to display the bottle!

scentelle

I bought the 40 ml EDT with a body lotion. Wonderful scent but absolutely not for me. What was I thinking? If anyone here wants to swap any of their fragrances for Angel EDT, I am willing to do it. I am in the European Union, so shipping is not a problem within the EU. If anyone's interested, send me a message here. Thanks.

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

At first, I approached it with apprehension as I would have love to love the original angel but sadly I was unable to appreciate the beauty of it time and again. I guess perhaps some day I will. Now, I would have stayed away from this if it had come in any other form, but THIS caught my eyes straight away. Such a beautiful bottle, if this is not a piece of art, I don't know what to call it. Ye, so I tried it on....... And yes yes, I fell in love with this loveable beauty. This is to me the more approachable sister of the original, lighter, smoother and easier to wear. Love it!

Aurellin
Aurellin

I really dislike the original scent but this new eau the toilette reinvents the former scent in a new, original and adorable harmony. I'm wondering about the futures challenges that amandine maret would perform. Keep an eye on this nose, mates!

Andyman
Andyman

Absolutely mouth-wateringly sweet luscious fruitylicious but with the characteristic Angel heart! I was positive this contained mango, but it must be the berry fruits.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This perfume is nice, but it smells just like Innocent, but with a touch of patchouli. Personally, I love Innocent (although staying power is weak), and it's a nice change when you aren't in the mood for patchouli. I bet if you sprayed some Innocent and then added a dab of patchouli oil, you'd have Angel EDT. No real need to have Angel EDT AND Innocent. I had both and it was pointless so I decided to return Angel EDT. So now I'm sticking with my Angel EDP and my Innocent and I am happy :) (Although the Angel EDT bottle is so cute!)

lu_pomponet
lu_pomponet

I found a good deal at TJ Maxx and bought it, but when I got home I realized it smell exactly equal as Innocent, which I already have. Fortunately I remembered a friend of mine wanted it, and we made a deal. I honestly can't say the difference between these two. Why would Thierry Mugler make two fragrances exactly equal???

GreyMan

There's no real need for me to review this a third time. But my latest impression is significantly different, so I may as well.

I recently revisited this on paper first and decided I had to have it. Since I like the original EDP it wouldn't seem like much of a surprise. After that I tested it once more on the skin. My impression now is that it has a completely different character from the EDP - just like siblings who are basically "put together" from very similar components and look alike. But getting to know them you find they're quite different in character. The EDP and EDT versions of Angel essentially smell alike, but where the EDP would keep you cozy in a Siberian winter, the EDT has the cool mentholated sweetness of cherry flavoured cough sweeties. (no cherry scent though)

I can't decide whether or not I like it. But I can imagine it to work well in early spring. It's still cold but winter is over and you expect something different from your perfumes. It has that bracing energizing quality to it, probably the cedar. I'll have to revisit it at that time of year to make that choice.

gawerika
gawerika

I could never worn the original Angel EDP even though I loved it on some (maybe on those that uses it in small doses) as it gave me a migraine instantly. I once sprayed a small amount on my wrist and nearly fainted...I had to scrub it. Wit the release of the EDT I was causious and test a small amount n the sweater first and to my relief I can stand the fumes!! At last I can now wear this version and enjoy but mind you be careful as this is still quiet potent even though a EDT, silage: 10, longivity: 10. I haven't tried in hot weather (not that brave yet) thus not sure if I will able to wear it without suffering from a self induced migraine. I will still recommend that you do a dry-run before investing in it as it a "matter of chemistry" scent.

PhillyFoxy
PhillyFoxy

Maybe it was because of the powdery smell, and I generally dislike very powdery perfumes, but this one just screamed cheap, artificial floral to me. Certainly not worth the price. I tried it on a test strip and it almost made me sick.

scentelle

More suitable for a she-devil. I love it. It's me 28 years ago. The only downside is Eva Mendes as the face - what were you thinking, TM? Angel is the blond girl's perfume. When I sniff it, I see Nadja Auermann, Estelle, Jerry Hall but not a Latino beauty.

I need to begin with a full disclosure of my feelings about ANGEL edp. In a word: yuck. I missed the ANGEL boat back in the 1990s, and when I finally got around to trying it I probably--okay, definitely--overapplied and suffered greatly for it. It might seem, then, that I would be the perfect candidate (target market niche, to the gurus at Mugler) for ANGEL edt. Somehow, however, it depresses me.

No, I did not--and do not--like ANGEL. I decided to throw caution--and my olfactory receptors--to the wind tonight and do a side-by-side comparison of the eau de parfum and the eau de toilette, as I have minis of each, thanks to the gurus at Sephora, who, in close partnership with companies such as Mugler, do everything in their power to conquer the pockets of resistance still lurking out there in the vast cosmos, waiting to be illuminated by the starlight of ANGEL, that's right, those contrarian consumers who managed never, over the course of two entire decades, to buy a bottle. Their last ditch effort strategy is to create mini coffrets through which the consumer has the opportunity to test several perfumes and then acquire a full bottle of one of them using the voucher included in the box, worth the price of the coffret. I'm a real sucker for those deals, or I was until recently, when they reduced the choices to only four or five. Slim pickins indeed, in these days of vat-produced sweet laundry juice.

But I did manage to acquire these charming minis of ANGEL edp and edt, though of course they did not become my full bottle selections. ANGEL edp is not that appealing to me, even sparingly applied, in part, because I don't like the Mugler synthetic vibe. I found it in A*MEN as well, of which I have a small bottle and which I may or may not wear again. I tried a few times, but it just smells very artificial and unappealing to me. On occasion I'll don it before a coffee bath. Yes, I have expresso bath gel.

ANGEL edp shares that je ne sais quoi artificiality with A*MEN. The problem with ANGEL edt, is that it just depresses me. A dilute knock-off of an iconic perfume--produced by the very same house? Isn't that an act of desecration? To me, ANGEL edt is a lot closer to Van Cleef & Arpels FEERIE edt (not the edp!), except that it does not smell nearly so good. It smells weak, effete, tired and, above all, trite. I just cannot get excited about this flanker at all. I do like some of the Jardin d'Etoiles flankers, VIOLETTE, LYS, and LA ROSE, and I am convinced that ELIE SAAB should have been launched as ANGEL FLEUR D'ORANGER, but ANGEL edt is just a bore. The big omission from the pared-down note list of ANGEL edt: flowers. There are no flowers here at all.

I am not opposed in principle to perfumes taking ANGEL as an inspiration, but the ones I like (including Bond no 9 NUITS DE NOHO), provide some extra interest somewhere which I'm not finding here at all. Désolée.

vicka16
vicka16

Angel EDT - I love it! It smells a lot like the original Angel but is delicate and much easier to wear, especialy for people that find EDP too strong. The only problem, it doesn't last on my skin more than a couple of hours...

Eaugirlspirit

I can't wear the EDP- it doesn't work with my skin that well, but this is perfect. I love it. The patchouli is evident and reminds me of Dior's Midnight Poison. Great pick for fall! It is kind of a "witchy" fragrance.

vdxl
vdxl

A nice new Angel, that is somehow a departure of the EDP: less woody, a little more red fruit inside, without suggesting a new flavor or shampoo fragrance. It is more feminine( the EDP can be easily worn by us, men), more young, retaining also it's character. A solid formulation, a nice concept, a new star, for the gourmand fragrance fans. Bon appetit!

bambi1
bambi1

I don't know what to think about it. When I first sprayed it on it reminded me of a bunch of juicy passion fruits with some woody, earthy undertones. The first ten minutes I liked it really much because the fruits got softer and the woodiness came through even more. Also at first it smelled kind of sweaty when breathing in but then really fresh, so a weird mix of dirty and clean if that makes sense. The sour "sweatiness" vanished (luckily) and a fresh spicy scent remained which was so unique I fell in love and I had never expected to be related to Angel. But now (after 1 hour) all what's left are some spicy aquatic tones, a bit similar to Womanity, which I'm not too fond of. But it's definitely worth a second (third,...) try!

adin farnegin
adin farnegin

veryyyyyy veryyyyyyy good i love it

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Zupppperrrr sweeeetttt!!!!! It would be perfect if it less sweet. The scent is adorable...

Cecza
Cecza

I really adore this scent, it's so heavenly good!!! It still has the sweetness of the original Angel but at the same time it's fresh and slightly spicy so not that syrupy, candylike sweet anymore! I like the original Angel too but only for evening occasions but the EDT can be used for daytime too. A perfect fragrance for fall and winter. The only thing I don't like is the poster with Eva Mendez. She's a beautiful woman anyway but here she looks ugly, even scarry for me!

yjdiamonds
yjdiamonds

I own this and the EDP version and tbh I don't really know which one I like best. Both are amazing fragrances. If you like a toned down, more fruity type of angel, get this one instead of the EDP one. The EDP one is much more sweeter and more fruitier. But i love both of them so much. Can't enough of thierry mugler fragrances!

Tsz
Tsz

This is one of my top five fragrance. Love the bottle, love the smell and love Thierry Mugler.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Tried this today as I've been curious, with all of the rave reviews. It is STRONG! First notes were primarily patchouli, followed quickly by some sweetness--it was like crushed savory herbs with sugar. Then some spiciness appeared, and the fragrance started to mellow. I got vanilla after about an hour, which helped tie the patchouli, sweetness and spiciness together. WIthin 2 hours, the patch was back--but pretty mellow; to me, it was like a refined elderly gentleman had just given me a hug. Not bad, but pretty masculine. The other notes are still there, but in the background. Oddly--when I went into the blazing heat (and I expected more of the same, as the notes vaporized in my sweat), I got cool cucumber notes (which is probably just my uneducated nose). I just went for a swim, and mixed with chlorine water it gets strangely skunky...but I think that's an unfair situation under which to judge a fragrance! Overall, too strong and too much patchouli for me--I won't be buying even the small $20 rollerball.

K1
K1

Hah, that's patchouli exhibiting boldly rather than chocolate odor just unlike EDP version that plays more on chocolate. This is amazing, amazing for its nice lovely odor and amazing that Mugler released something not on balmy heavy sweet tone! Angel edt is rare in quality and scent, most of fresh feminines are too much blossomy or green.
But keeping eye on Mugler stuff, I can't call this on sexy, it's charming, charismatic and characteristic but not erotic.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

i am new to this thierry guy. but i love innocent and alien and have just purchased this lighter version of angel. but honestly have not been brave enough to wear.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I agree that this is a more suitable Angel for some that might have had problems with the original. It doesn't smell heavy but it definitely has sillage and lasts. I can definitely smell cherries, praline and cedar in the background. I love it!

rosembloom
rosembloom

Oh! So glad to read your review Cakes n'Cuddles, it gives me some hope! Angel also turns out to smell like sweet India food on me too! If your review is accurate, which no doubt since we tend to like similar gourmand tastes, I will be chasing after that one!
@ dear GROTOLA: your review is most helpful! Wanting this!

Rice-Kitten
Rice-Kitten

As much as I can appreciate this beautiful scent, Angel just does not work for me. Patchouli is my worst enemy in the perfume world :(

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

One of the best Thierry Mugler fragrance.. I love love love.. I don´t find it suitable for summer at all,it´s too strong,but so much wearable than EDP,definelly!!But I foud it very simmilar to Innocent,dispite I found Innocent masculine and unissex,on this case the praline and vanilla gives it a wonderfull sweetness,and on the othe other hand,the pepper,makes it much more interesting..I felt in love,for the bottle and the juice,definelly a MUST HAVE,for me!!

L'Arlesienne
L'Arlesienne

This is for me better than Angel EDP. The patchouli is quieter and the overall sweetness makes it very appealing. I like Angel in EDP but I think it's bitter than EDT version. Angel in EdT is very good all year round and it draws many compliments, it's a more politically correct version of regular Angel. The sillage is outstanding for an EdT, but this is really no big surprise since all Mugler creations are longevive.

Perfect flanker and very well done,IMO!
Bravo, Mugler!

EMonika
EMonika

Age: 24
Skin: normal-oily. Medium brown.
Preferences: Fruity, vanilla, watery, sweet, citrus (Will update)
Perfume nose: amateur

best season Spring -summer.. warm seasons
day/night- Afternoon/Evening
the age of the woman who wears it- 19-31
the persona of the woman who wears it retro, chic, quirky

there must be something wrong with my nose, but for some reason i smell the best definition of a perfectly ripened mandarin super sweet, sun kissed which sits on its own right throughout. the tart of the berry makes this "mandarin" notes very mouthwatering. the musk with the vanilla is very present in the base and i can smell chocolate in this? This is my idea of the perfect spicy fragrance it is a very pretty scent talk about dynamics! This is definitely a mood lifter it is very well crafted... or watered down idk..

The woman i picture for this scent is milla jovovich from the BIG BADABOOM movie, but dressed in a navy double breasted blazer with a thick knit white scarf and black pants. so dresses quite elegantly and then has this crazy hair that offsets the look but compliments it. This woman wears the modernised retro so well and is explorative and friendly and intriguing and a good definition of the word mademoiselle. Good with bold colours but not black or white not a scent for neutrals no no! its for tailored, well fitted clothing.

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

In theory, I should have loved the original Angel EDP. Unfortunately, the patchouli was so overwhelmingly heavy I couldn't wear it. Lucky for me, this new EDT version was introduced. It is everything I wanted the original to be. I almost didn't try it until I began to read reviews that it was definitely a more "wearable" version than the EDP. So I got myself a sample. Upon initial spray, I was crestfallen - it smelled exactly like the original - heavy patchouli and all. BUT seconds later, the patchouli softened and was merged with sweet berries, rich prailine and warm vanilla. The patchouli was still there, but it was soft, almost powdery. A lovely blend - one that made me happy I could finally wear Angel!

This scent is not as strong (dare I say "overbearing") as the EDP. It wears closer to the skin, but it still does have staying power.

So, I know to some this isn't *really* their beloved Angel, but for me it is definitey an Angel I can wear and enjoy.

FiveoaksBouquet
FiveoaksBouquet

I have to admit I like Angel edt slightly better than the edp. It is a lighter version, yes, with a revised "dessert menu" and also a bit more discreet, personal and close to the skin. The woody/vanilla note dries down beautifully on me. and the sillage, while not overbearing, lasts all day. In two days I received two compliments from people I met while out and about. Just bought a refill and am on my second (40ml) bottle.

cikcik
cikcik

The opening is like the harsh version of the original. More candyish. Then it gets minty, almost like vicks. This is how it is on me. While l adore the original, this is not for me. Chemistry!

erin.mitchell
erin.mitchell

Just doesn't smell right on me. But I love it on other people!

desertrat

LOVE it... It's an Anytime Angel without the Drama...

tuturab
tuturab

Now... this is the Angel from heaven I've been waiting for!! Absolutely stunning!

Like angels ~ you know it's there, you feel its presence.. a little sweet, heavenly and it makes you all warm and happy!!

Simply bless!

DianaMaria
DianaMaria

It's something different in such a marvelously way...I simply adore it :) Finally I have the possibility to wear this fragrance in day time. For those who find Angel , first sweet , then bitter ( i think due to patchouli) this one smells wonderful from the very beginning to the end. Give it a try , you'll love it.

Moirahas
Moirahas

OMG I thought that no perfume can be sooo disgusting...I can't even stay near someone that wears it.It's just the combinations of frarances remind me of a bad spoiled food.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Wow this is a strange take to Angel . To me it has almost nothing to do whit the original . Well in the first moment you spray it has that same patcholie path . but soon after the berrys take over the whle show on my skin , Leaving my skin to smell like Strawberry Jam . A little like Pleasure delight in away , but still different.. Very sweet . i miss the dark chocoloate to balance this a bit. The patcholie has gone and leaving my skin almost sticky whit sweetnes. I am not shure i can take this . i am testing it in a cold weather. maybe this develops different on warm skin , But i prefer Angel by far ower this one . A bit dissapointed , Dident think it would be that far from the original . I see that many compares this whit Innocent which i have and love , To me they have very very little incommen . Pleasure delight is much closer in that case. Even the Sunessense legere edt is a bit close to this one.
goes for swapp

Carolineroundstone
Carolineroundstone

I first tried this perfume thinking it was angel (original) which I've grown to love.
This fragrance is different and it's the front runner as far as my Thierry ms are concerned
This fragrance first is like a very well laundered clothes it's clean and fresh,T.m.add his magic and it takes you further, it's zippier and defined fragrance.
I wear this fragrance day and night it's my fav at the moment!

oona noir
oona noir

RedFloyd nailed it- "peppery vanilla mousse with berries on top". Yep, I agree. One of the more masculine perfumes marketed towards women that I've ever tried, as well.

desertrat

In a word DIVINE! On me it is musk, vanilla, patchouli, chocolate, and oak moss. I do not experience the sweet fruit so many seem to get. If I had to give it a geographical identity, I'd say it's like the desert southwest. All at once dry and lush yet full of unexpected mystery. It's very wearable and unlike the original, can't be over sprayed. This, IMHO, is a fresh and current incarnation of our beloved Angel EDP. To me it's not watered down. Giving a nod to EDP, Angel EDT has it's own identity and strength. I hope it stays popular for a very long time... I've got mad love for it...
PS... As I live in the desert southwest this is an Angel version I can wear in the hot summers without fear of the perfume bomb effect...

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

As a perfume lover I must say that, finally there is an Eau de Toilette that is better than the original perfume. This is everything that one expects from a name titled Angel. I fought with the Angel perfume for years, and got nausea, headaches. The Eau de Toilette smells wonderful from beginning to end. There is no body odor, or patchouli nasty, funky stench. There was someone on here who mentioned that it smelled like Angel Innocent and I must agree that it is similar but in a good way. Perhaps, it is because I like Angel Innocent perfume more than I do the regular Angel perfume.

I think this is what we needed from the original Angel less patchouli, so you can smell the other good components of angel.

This fragrance opens up with a very fruity, and upbeat peppery, citrus note. So it smells very fresh and clean, and transitions to the gourmad sweet smell, to a dry down of a sweet woodsy vanilla smell that is warm and comforting. This fragrance does not overpower your passer by. So it is appropriate for work, or whatever the occasion. This frangrance targets a mainstream crowd specially a young audience or those young at heart.

I would not recommend this for black tie events since it is more subtle but I think that was the intent of this fragrance. This fragrance I would say last's about 4 hours, but on the bright side you can reapply to your hearts desire. Unlike the Eau de Parfum where you can only apply one or two sprays maximum and if you applied a drop more it is a stinkbomb, that can suffocate everyone including yourself.

In conclusion, I absolutely Love this Angel Eau de Toilette. Sorry, to those original Angel Eau De Parfum lovers this in my opinion smells a thousand times better, fresher, clean. So for everyone who hated the original angel perfume, try this one and I have the feeling it will change your opinion for the better.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I really loved the original Angel, but this remake seems to have removed the star quality of the EDP and goes on as a slightly harsh, overly masculine scent, where there is hardly any evolution or softness. It doesn't start like the original, with that surprising cool berry overlaying soft patchouli - it just skips all the fun and the base is evident straight away, but even that isn't done as well as in Angel. I think this bears no proper resemblance to its predecessor and I don't know why they made it. The formula DOES smell cheaper and not as complex.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This is very sweet indeed.
I don't really think this smells like the original ANGEL, but it has some of it's caracteristics (chocolate, patchouli, richness).
The deep dark chocolate is replaced by the sweet, soft scent of pralines. Those pralines mingle with the sweet, juicy berries, to create a wonderful, happy, sweet fragrance.
The patchouli supports the whole fragrance, but never plays a major role. I think that's very well done.
I like it, but it's not very special to my nose. It lacks the uniqueness of the original ANGEL.
And then there's the berries. I love scents that have berries in them, but somehow I don't think I can pull them of. Berriesweetness is the only kind of sweetness I just can't wear.

missmonday
missmonday

Angel EDT is like original Angel decided to go on a diet, ditch the heavy chocolate and caramel and replace it with berries in order to lose its thickness. I guess it would appeal to people who like skinny over voluptuous. However I always thought that in life, the bigger the better!

danielellarbysanchez
danielellarbysanchez

Angel by Thierry Mugler is an extremely different scent. Angel is sweet and has a blend of chocolate and cotton that is really quite unique.

The good thing about Angel is that it smells (a lot) and lasts too, it's an either 'you love it scent' or 'you hate it'.

I have this on my shelf and is one of my favourite.

Best thing about this perfume:unique!

adrienn99
adrienn99

so far no more luck with this one than the edp version. It is a tad lighter though on the patchouli but same as with the edp, no chocolate, no berries just a good mouthful of screeching patchouli and harsh chemical cedar notes which is not sweetened by anything on me.

ugh. I was hoping to receive positive feedback at least while i was wearing it and a man friend told me that i smell of tobacco, so guess this was the point when i finally gave up on it.

I do not still understand how angels were supposed to smell so earthy. and earthy is my best word for this chemical mess.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I love this! Smells similar to the original edp, but not as heavy and overpowering. This one is also more fruity, fresh and more young, in my opinion. I think the bottle is cuter than the original, too.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

I really love this. I do miss the chocolate of the EdP, but the addition of the red berries & pepper is a wonderful twist. It is a wonderful variation.

I don't own either, so alas, I must have both!! They are different enough to justify.

EDIT I still love this scent. Bought this week. Clerk gave me a sample of Cartier Delices and I have to say, I almost returned my Angel EdT for Delices! It is fabulous and if you find Angel has too much going on, but a sweetness you favor, try Delices. Delices is more sophisticated. No patchouli. It is sweet cherries and floral, but in a unique way...much softer than Angel yet it is a powerful fragrance. If my addiction wins, I will get it too:)

RedFloyd
RedFloyd

While Angel EdP is a rich, caramel-filled, chocolate-covered dessert, Angel EdT is a peppery vanilla mousse with berries on top. I love them both!

parislady
parislady

My fave scent and a classic. It has everything you could want from a scent.
Its warm and yet sweet and a little spicy. It also can smell like a lovely candy and yet is very grown up and unique.
I think thats the secret to Angel its different on each person and for some that it is the problem, not me its my signature scent for some 15 years now and I wear it a lot and if in doubt I go with Angel.
I get a lot of complitments and no matter what scent I get I never fail to come back to Angel.
Its warmth is like the person who wears it, welcoming and seductive and always individual.
No wonder its the 2nd top selling scent in France and like most french women, it makes a lovely statement but in a discreet way.

Mandalila
Mandalila

When I first sprayed this on I didn't like it...but after a while, the scent on my skin is very woody and musky, I actually like it now. I don't LOVE it, but I do like it. I love the bottle, so I'll probably get it for that reason :)

Aroussa
Aroussa

Gee whiz! I just tried this yesterday at the department store. Having been an Angel aficionado myself ever since it first came out, I was eager to try this supposedly easier version. I didn't like it. But couldn't put my finger on why. And now, having read the previous reviews, I realize, yes, of course! It's not an Angel, it's different. It's the fruits, the berries, the citruses...eeks! Will be stayng well away from this one. Thanks, guys!

aelias
aelias

Angel in any form, in my opinion, is going to smell wonderful. But, this is too light for avid Angel lovers...I decided to purchase the Taste of Angel instead.

Takhaet
Takhaet

OMG I am addicted! It has become my new signature fragrance! It is like a gentle version of Angel spiced up with a bit of pepper. Smells delicious and ...divine! I absolutely love it <3 <3 <3 best Angel of all to me. Pralines are so edible in this one , not chemical just pure "praline potion" :)

Spicy at the beginning then a lovely, angelic sweetness and a bit of red berries at the dry down ....I do not need anything else! This Angel has got it all .

EDIT ----->>>> cannot decide which I want to use as my signature fragrance-this one or Innocent ...they are both divine !!!!

Tarida
Tarida

Put this on tonight and my husband said oh you haven't put Wish on in a while !! Got to admit this edt does dry down quite simular to Wish on me. I much prefer the original edp. Bought this edt just for the bottle really.

jonr951
jonr951

I NEED to love this because I NEED to own that bottle! : )

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

This is the perfume I gave as a present to my sister and she adored it. It's a perfume I might as well have chosen for myself. Obviously, this is a lighter version of the initial that is not less appealing or sensual. It's modern and in my opinion, it will become widely accepted because it is more versatile.
Yes, ''Angel'' achieved to create a new chapter as far as perfume history is concerned, not only by representing a brand new perfume category itself, but also by imposing a new phisolophy and bringing about ambiguous emotions and impressions.
This is success;to be different no matter if not everybody likes you. You are not one of the crowd, you dare to be special and that's the case. This version is magical, staying power is amazing and the original character of the scent has not been ruined.

Solvita
Solvita

I like this Angel more,it is lighter,easier to wear.Bottle is great as always.

I can't express just how much the EDT is a lighter version of the original. If you can't stand the projection of Angel and often refer to it as "cloying," you should definitely give the EDT a whirl. The one thing I notice with the EDT is that it's a bit fruitier and is lacking the chocolate note that I smell so clearly in the original. Patchouli is still very present in the EDT, but somehow it's not as jarring and bitter as in the original. The EDT smells like the drydown of Angel (which takes like a monsterous 5 hours or so to even get there!), but a tad sweeter and vanilla-enriched. Very well done.

Tulip211
Tulip211

The same Angel you have grown to love, except this Angel is.... different.

Angel EDT has a pep in it's step and a twinkle in it's eye. It is Angel, but first thing in the morning, after it's had it's coffee. It is Angel, during sunrise, when all the rooftops are caressed in the burnt orange glow of morning. It's brighter and lighter. It's an Angel you can wake up to and not mind that it stayed the night.

Whereas the Angel EDP, is the Angel after dark....the Angel who goes to slip into something black and silky. The Angel who has it's way with you, leaves it's number on the nightstand, and slips out the door. Leaving you disheveled, but deliriously satisfied.

I love them both. It depends on my mood.

Grottola
Grottola

On my left arm: Angel Eau de Toilette
On my right arm: Angel Eau de Parfum

The new Eau de Toilette version is certainly a welcome addition to the Angel family; it's able to retain the character of the original without being as obnoxiously loud. However, as expected, the Eau de Toilette has a new character of its own, in a way. It's fresher and fruitier than the original Angel Eau de Parfum. The citrus is turned up, along with a tea-like blackcurrant note (which is in the original, albeit subtle), and a brand new pineapple note that evokes a fruity hairspray. Of course, that's not necessarily a bad thing. This stage of the Eau de Toilette goes on for about an hour, before the familiar Angel drydown reveals herself, albeit more controlled and conserved. The honey of the original is toned down significantly in the Eau de Toilette, and the addition of the new praline note adds a subtle dryness to the chocolate and patchouli - think of it as Angel after 10 hours or so. Angel maintains this honeyed chocolate roundness for hours before the patchouli takes center stage and the earthiness begins to show. In total, Angel Eau de Toilette lasts about 5 to 6 hours on me with the sillage dropping down after about 3 or 4 hours. And the Eau de Parfum, well, I don't even need to go there. ;-)

While Angel Eau de Toilette has its perks, I don't think I'd buy a bottle. It's a bit too fruity for my tastes, and the original has a warm, bombastic, bewitching character that the Eau de Toilette can't quite replicate as well. So, if you like Angel but find it a bit too strong, this one isn't necessarily a more subtle Angel. It's a fresher fragrance with Angel as a base. If you want a more subtle Angel, just get the bath products! Use the shower gel and layer it with the body cream - you'll smell great all day.

Taliera
Taliera

The saleswoman at the perfume store wrongly informed me that it was exactly the same as original Angel, but lower in concentration. I am disappointed. What it has gained in being gentler, it has lost in being too fruity. I thought the fruits would disappear as the top wears away, but they are staying. There is also less of that "magic" of Angel - the fairy-dust quality - BUT, I think this version is more wearable. It's not as nauseating (my chief problem with Angel) and not as gourmand. It's missing the chocolate note which, though no loss to me, (I don't particulalry want to "eat" a fragrance) was, I believe an integral part of the composition. The refined patchouli (such as in Prada) smells to me much like dark chocolate and tree roots. Maybe the lowered concentration of the patchouli is responsible for the lack of the chocolate note.

Angel EDT is a beautiful fragrance, but for me it lacks much of what made the original so unique. In other words, Angel EDT is a toned-down version of Angel, with a few minor changes to the scent pyramid.

The first thing I recognised as missing was the chocolate accord. Although Angel could sometimes smell outrageous with all its contradictory smells, the chocolate accord was something that I admired in the composition. The chocolate has been replaced by syrupy caramel and an array of sharp fruity notes.

Pineapple and pink pepper tend to be the main ingredients, particularly in the opening. Angel EDT is still a sensual fragrance, yet it has lost a lot of its unique darkness, preferring to be light and girly, more of a crowd pleaser I suppose. In some ways, I feel as if Angel EDT has been created for those that couldn't wear the original.

The drydown is quite pretty, with a dusty finish of vanilla, caramel and soft, smoky patchouli. It's a pleasant end to this fragrance I must say. Thankfully the longevity is almost the equivalent of the original, lasting well over 12 hours and having enough sillage for passers-by to notice your perfume.

I personally prefer the original, but that's not to say that Angel EDT is a complete waste of time. It serves its purpose as something clearly easier to like and wear.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

To me this smells kind of like Angel meets Flowerbomb with a ton of red berries on top. This has the same dry patchouli and sugary sweetness as the original Angel, but has more of the patchouli and musk base in Flowerbomb, with the hint of bergamot. The red berries are very strong in this, though they do make it seem almost floral, like a sugared orchid. Quite linear. To me this isn't really an EDT of Angel, it's more it's own scent entirely. And I prefer the original. But it's another great example of patchouli used right.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Don't like it at all ,even less than the regular Angel it seems that they removed what made Angel "special" ( an i'm using " " , because so many houses played the hyper-gourmand card ever since, that angel is not special anymore) and just added a hype pink pepper note ( it seems that in recent perfume they all have pink pepper , bad luck i don't like this note) . This particular notes gives this angel version a masculine side.
So this Angel flanker is not going to make me love it or love the pink pepper .

sofababe
sofababe

I managed to get my hands on a couple of sample vials of Angel EDT, which I had been keen to test since I heard that it was being released. Original Angel and I don't really get along. I like it well enough but I cannot wear it, it chokes me, even just a tiny dab, so this new version sounded ideal.
Its definitely Angel, but lighter somehow, maybe the pepper counteracts the patchouli, calming that heavy, overpowering note of EDP Angel.
Finally I may be able to wear and enjoy Angel!!

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Angel is, well Angel. Set the bar for many. An original for sure. So, do we need all these deviations? Do you hear the cash registers? Like Hollywood which can't help make sequels if it smells cash, fragrance house can't help follow this model (flankers). If they bought it once, they will buy it again or, if it walks like a duck...

To be fair, there are some worthy frags that come out of this son of, sideways of, lite version of... mold, so who am I to deny them printing the almighty dollar? Salaries have to get paid, right? lol

So...what do we have here? Angel of course! That being said, I love Angel (but not 24/7!)

Angel is not for day wear (there, my proclamation!). And, one must be conscience of where to wear this ticking time bomb of beauty. There is a right time and ...

So, this is really just a spicier (pink pepper?) version of the original.

The bottle is cool for cats, so I say wear it in good health.

PS - review below is mine. Was not aware that I had been signed out when I hit post and it posted as guest (?). Apparently there is no way to delete it (?)

So, this is really just a spicier (pink pepper?) version of the original.

The bottle is cool for cats, so I say wear it in good health.

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

feel very compelled to write a quick review after trying this out in Debenhams today.. I have been a "dabbler" of the original Angel since i was about 18 (13 yrs ago) but as we all know it can be a rather awkward fragrance at times.. sometimes i feel like i want to reach into my drawer and have a little sniff of it but never feel its the "appropriate" occasion to wear it cos its just so bloody bold and brash and although I love it, i know it offends a lot of other noses!! sooooo the eau de toilette, i just figured would be a lighter version of the above.. well, yes it is. but its so much more different than just that. as an EDT the sillage is pretty amazing (as u might expect considering the EDP i can still smell on my skin and clothes the morning after a big nite out mixed with cigarette smoke, sweat and maybe an ounce of guilt!! lol) but the dry down is shockingly MASCULINE but i like this a lot! and it reminds me a lot of a Mont Blanc number i used to have that i cant remember the name of which was awfully masculine but terribly sexy. ANYWAY 6 hours after spraying a moderate amount of this stuff and im still sniffing my wrist and considering a purchase. Its like our favourite angel... but a guilt free more sociable version!! I think this may have been TM's intention?? I like very much x

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Angel Eau de Toilette opened with the base notes of Patchouli, a powerful scent

to be reckoned with, and soft juicy features of woody notes and pink pepper.

After an hour or so the scent calmed down to an elegant floral-berry/fruity scent

with light puffs of vanilla and musk.

A nice scent that is not too overpowering like Angel or any of the Sunessense perfumes.

Personally, my skin does not hold this perfume as well as the other Thierry Mugler creations.

Belil
Belil

Yesterday I have tried some of this stuff on a blotter, and now all my purse reeks of it. Also the paper blotter that lays on my table.
I'm hooked and addicted and I crave for it, badly.. Too bad I'm broke at the moment and can't afford even the tinyest bottle.
definately a most weareable angel. So comforting and magical. I think I got hooked on all TM fragances. They are all beyond reality. Surreal, loud, artistic and most definately different.
Ah Thierry, you are sure a genius.
Also love the bottle. The stopper is magnetic for some unknown reason.

passionata20
passionata20

I am soooo glad that now there is an "Angel" that i can finally wear without being afraid that i might strongly disturb someone with my signature scent. I had to stop wearing EDP, since i got too much negative feedback from people around me, who can´t stand it. Well today finally i´ve got a chance to try the EDT in a rainy day.
What can i say: i really like it, it is almost love, but still not as big as towards EDP version. Yes, this is nothing like "Innocent angel" which i am quite neutral to. No, it is "angel" but softer. Indeed like a chiffon version. Still very gourmand and quite storng but really gentle at the same time. Strong patchouli note is present, chocolate also, but in EDT i smell a sweet note, must be red berries, but to me this is more like a red berry candy note. That note is very pleasant but i can feel that this has a vibe towards fruity perfumes of nowdays. No, it is not the same, but there is a hint. And that is not bad a all, now more people who were quite allergic to original "Angel" can wear it. Finally i can wear it, but my heart still belongs to EDP which i do intend to wear no matter what anyone will say. The drydown is delicious, i get a hint to candies. Yummy!
My biggest concern is the lasting power. It is quite weak, compared to EDP which can last for days... This EDT has a limited sillage and lasting power as well. After 3-4 hours i can´t smell it unless i smell close to my skin.
But in general i almost love this one. One more thing: since i couldn´t really wear Angel EDP in rainy weather i can freely do this with EDT version. EDP just chaged it´s smell a bit if i would get under the rain, but this one is not.
And i like the bottle with magnetic clasp on the lid. It is really nice. Bravo!

Eaugirlspirit

I really like this- basically because the bergamot-patchouli combo reminds me of midnight poison. The fragrance is a lot sweeter than MP because of the gourmand notes, and I will most definitely look into purchasing when I finish a perfume already in progress. It has decent longevity but I wonder about the projection- It seemed to stay close to the skin after the first hour or so.

shoreshells
shoreshells

I have to say that I do like this version of Angel better than the first. I can actually dectect notes other than vanilla and its a dry sweet fragrance, not like syrup or candy. Well done!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

This version is for me too much dry. I dont like red berries :( .
I needs sweetnesses and the snuff which I feel in Angel EDP.

ritacatita
ritacatita

I am still rolling my eyes back, since I sniff it, this afternoon. What a crush! I love this perfume.
Don´t care if it is or not similar to original Angel, which I use to love and wear.
What I really love in this is the pepper, the bergamot & berries duo, along with a smoke quality, combined with a sweet trail of woods and patchouli.
I want you!

Killercolours
Killercolours

Just like TankGirl said, this formulation is less sweet and gourmand than the original. Which I love.

I love creamy and thick scents, but when they smell like cupcake batter, whipped cream, toffee, melted milk chocolate and cotton candy thrown into a mixer It just makes me nauseous. And that's kind of what the original Angel does to me. This version is more my style, still sweet, thick and creamy but it still holds together on my skin. Many people here say it's just a poor version of the original, so I suppose I'm just not made for the original. Haha!

Staying power is amazing, it's an EdT but it easily stays on my skin for 18h.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I'm a converted fan on Angel, I started by hating it but now I love it because my chemistry changed or something and I think it really smell great on me.
This new version lacks a lot on the creamy/gourmand side of Angel I apreciate. It does smell like Angel but in a weak reformulation and has less beauty in my opion. In my skin I can only detect the vanilla mixed up with a lot, and I mean a LOT of pepper, patchouli and a very headaching bergamot. I have to say that this Angel is more agressive than the first one, its more harsh, definatly peppery and more smoky than sweet.
Maybe for people who thinks Angel is too sweet, this new version must be better.
The advert says a lot about it, this Angel is more modern and probably more interesting for a more global audience. For some reason it reminds me of Ange ou Demon by Givenchy, I think they have the same modern aura.
I putted a dislike button not because I dont like the scent but because I prefered the old Angel to this one. Although Angel is a very used and well know perfume, the 1992 perfume has that "surprise" thing this dnt have, Angel is a very dreamy perfume and sometimes I get myself sniffing the bottle because the scent transportes me to a happier place I guess. This one is not that magical.
Still a good perfume with the same 5* quality from all Muglers perfume!

GreyMan

I finally got to try it today. I turns out that I will not be buying it after all. It's nice enough on its own but not different enough to have it as well as the EDP. It reminds me both of Angel and of Innocent, but it lacks the earthiness of Angel and the fizziness of Innocent. One of those is necessary for me to "justify" the sweetness. Again, it's nice but a little dumbed down for me. But it might be just the thing for those who found the original hard to wear.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I'm wearing it today for the second time. The lasting power is amazing. I sprayed it on this morning at 10 and now, 9 hours later I get the really yummie drydown. It reminds me a lot of Angel Innocent's drydown but softer. It also reminds me for some odd reason of gingerbread, which I adore. I love this more than Angel EDP, it doesn't have the dirty patchouli and it's more wearable. I love the bottle, it stands on my vanity, next to my other favorites. I also love Eva Mendes, she's gorgeous, better than naomi watts in my opinion. A really great perfume, good job mr. Mugler, once again.

Livvy111
Livvy111

My sister bought this one yesterday. It is absolutely amazing and stunning and I am slightly jealous! :) Its sophisticated, interesting, soft and intriguing. Lovely and not over powering. Sillage is great. Better version than the original I say :) Worth every penny!

chowchow41

I got my botlle today and it is a beautiful one. This one is really soft it is nothing like the original. At
first it opens with the berrie's witch is nice, and then you get the mix off praline,musk and ceder. The patchouli is not at all overwhelming it is noticable it stay's close to the skin. It is not powdery but really soft, try it you'll be surprised. I think that even the people who don't like the original Angel will be surprised off how soft this one is.

chowchow41

I was able to test it and i liked it, it is softer then the original and to my opinion it does not smell the same as the angel innocent. Because i never bought that one because i did not liked it. It is also less sharper in the opening then the summer edition of 2010 blue lagoon. At first i also thought another Angel edition but i'm glad that i tried it because the patchouli is not as heavy as the original.
I orderd it because i loooooooooooooove it. Im an Angel addict.

tiffanykimwagner
tiffanykimwagner

Lovely, but I still prefer the original...

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

The original Angel was my signature scent from the time it was introduced, until about two years ago - when it seemed the formula was re-vamped. I have been searching high and low for something that will elicit the same kinds of compliments I used to regularly enjoy. None of the other versions of Angel have sufficed...until now. Angel Eau de Toilette brings back the memory of the original - and honors it in a fresh and delightful way - without leaving everyone gasping for breath! My sparkling berries are back, as is the sensuous vanilla note, wrapped in the finest chocolate and finished with a drizzle of honey. No, it doesn't have the staying power of it's more sensuous namesake. But layering it with the body cream or lotion, should help to remedy that - which will be my next sample experiment. If all goes well, I will again be enjoying my signature scent - and the stars will be back in my fragrance heaven!

iBear
iBear

Smells ALOT like Angel Innocent.
The bottle is fantastic, probably will refill with the EDP.

Angelfreak4
Angelfreak4

I am wearing this fragrance today. Just got it yesterday, sent by the Thierry Mugler website. I am one of the first 200 members of the Angel circle to buy it. Anyhow, this fragrance is similiar to Angel Innocent, but a little more citrisy, in my opinion. I still like the original better, though. I currently have it mixed on my skin with the original EDP, because the toilette doesn't seem to hold very long. The bottle so SOOO unusual!! The cap is actually magnetized!! When I use up the fragrance I will refill it with the original Angel.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I was actually disappointed by this fragrance and found it a bit sharp and aquatic, and it reminded me of a men's cologne for some reason. Maybe I am detecting too much pink pepper in combination with the red berries? Normally I would love all the notes listed, but this fragrance did not work for me. I found it bland and boring as well for a Thierry Mugler fragrance. Actually, now that I think of it, it's not too far off from Eau de Star, but even that one worked better for me. It must be my chemistry!

bubblem3
bubblem3

Me gusta mucho la idea, ya que el original EDP me da mucho asco. Esperemos que esta vez lo hagan bien :S

GreyMan

This sounds really interesting! So much for my plan to hold back on adding perfumes this year.

I love Angel as it is. It doesn't really need to be less intense. But that intensity makes it hard to wear a lot of the time. I can only use it in particularly nasty weather. This might make it more accessible at other times.

I doubt I'll be able to test it where I live. But I trust this brand enough to buy it blindly online.
Between the original Angel, and with 2 of my favourite notes, bergamot and cedar, this has to be great.
I imagine it could be rather like Innocent, I detect a fizzy citrus note in that for hours too. This could be heading in the same direction.

Not sure about the bottle, but who cares? Eva Mendes looks like a great model for this, much better than the previous one. She's intense and exotic, just like Angel.

derkargy
derkargy

Surely this will be my next purchase for Christmas vacation.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I've been wearing the original Angel since it's inception (I LOVE the original!!) and I'm really intrigued by the sound of this one! I can't wait to try it!

junior halston
junior halston

Amandine Maret is an unknown perfumer to me what a challenging first major project to rework a classic like Angel into a new EDT variation form.

The bottle is like all Mugler's items a work of creative art.

I always felt that both women and men's fragrance should be available in EDP /or Intense format and EDT for those who like a lighter application.

It seems it is new trend now with Givenchy Play, CK Euphoria, etc.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Like usual , love the bottle!! I stopped wearing angel a while back , maybe I will start again if I like the edt.

personagrata

I surely want to try this on. I wonder who rated and "liked" or "disliked" this fragrance without even writing a review. Talking about prejustice.

Angel Eau de Toilette by Thierry Mugler 3.91 out of 5 based on 705 ratings and 148 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Eau de Toilette by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Eau de Toilette by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.