Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

cacao
caramel
Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Rose is the forth flower in a beautiful garden of Thierry Mugler. Soft and sweet queen of flowers matches incredibly well with scented Angel theme. Allied with patchouli and woody oriental notes, rich rose represents the new irresistible floral edition of Angel. Citrus cocktail opens the composition. The heart is filed with beautiful Bulgarian rose, plum and pink pepper. Base notes are gourmand: vanilla, caramel, chocolate and coumarin. The nose behind his fragrance is Olivier Cresp. It was launched in 2006.

Coumarin Pink Pepper Bergamot

Plum Bulgarian Rose

Vanilla Patchouli Dark Chocolate Caramel

Angel Eau de Toilette
Harem

Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel Fragrance Reviews

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Not impressed. Smells almost identical to the original Angel. It has that horrible stale sweat/body odour smell when it dries down :(

I love patchouli essential oil, so it's not that.. I certainly do not smell cacao/chocolate etc either. The most confusing scent ever from it's 'key' notes.

muncierobson
muncierobson

Wonderful!

Reminds me of angel EDT, shame this is discontinued (tho u can bull buy tester sprays from eBay).

Sweet, soft rose pairs with a more delicate and greener patchouli. The main gourmand note for me is the bitter chocolate tho the overall accord contains traces of many other notes.

Long lasting and moderate, almost strong projection.

I think it almost smells masculine, as with the EDT. Great for me as I'm a guy!

#winning

HB-C
HB-C

I like this more than the original angel, it's still very sweet but the spicyness helps to balance it out a bit for me. It is also very strong, I got three wears out of my sample and that was plenty. Do I like it enough to buy it? Probably not.

messier42
messier42

This stuff is awful for me. I'm not familiar with the whole angel line at all. Bradleyray mentioned vanilla fields. To me it smells something like that, layered with lynx. It's exactly how I don't want to smell. Bad mens deodorant with very sweet women's perfume! No no no.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This perfume makes me hot and botherered and craving for attention!! Oh my!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
It's Angel with a twist (rose of course). It's sultry, sexy, magnificent and utterly seductive. My hubby is like putty in my hands when I wear this!
I won't go into the notes, Zzzz, we all know about the notes in Angel, but it's the experience which you need to savour.
This fragrance is hot sex in a bottle, it grabs you, holds on to you, doesn't let you go and before you know what is happening, it's got you on your knees begging for more.
This juice is a massive powerbomb, has amazing longevity and takes centre stage wherever you may be. If quiet and subdued is what you want, then please don't wear this.
I know I'm biased because I worship all Mugler fragrances, especially the Angel range, but this gets 20/10 from me.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

I'm not a fan of Angel but I quite like this perfume. Something about it reminds me of a men's cologne... in a good way... I think it would be great on confident women (or to feel confident even). It's big on patchouli but the rose and slight sweetness I get from chocolate and vanilla balance it out really nicely.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I had the wonderful luck to score a set of all four Garden of Stars fragrances, in adorable 5ml bottles. They're splash bottles, with a tiny little stopper attached to the glorious crystalline star top. Of course, as usual TM fashion, excellent presentation, design, and quality.

I'm also a huge fan of the concept. Angel is my signature fragrance, and it's something I truly love more than life itself. It has a little something for everyone in terms of notes, except on my skin, it seems to be lacking in the floral department. That's what I love about this collection: It offers a beautiful, more floral-based presentation of the original Angel.

This is the second one I've tried......one word:

WOW. Just wow. I can't believe this fragrance. It's seriously like a more intense version of Angel. It's like Angel has been concentrated and focused onto its most intense, delicious notes.

This is essentially Angel EDP, with an incredible BLAST of rose. This fragrance literally RADIATES intense, rough patchouli, with a very powerful, lush rose in the passenger seat.

If you love Angel, you HAVE to have this. It's like someone took all the best notes from Angel, eliminated the unnecessary ones, and amplified the important ones by about 50%.

This projects, and it lasts. Given that Angel is my favorite perfume, and the rose is one of my favorite flowers, I'm going to preliminarily deem this as my favorite of the Garden of Stars.

This will be perfect for those icy, winter days when I need a bomb of fragrance to warm me up. I typically rely on Angel for that, but now that I have this rosy, intense version of Angel, I have yet another warm, delicious floral gourmand for the job.

10/10. Absolutely gorgeous, but for ANGEL LOVERS ONLY. It's safe to say that if you don't like Angel, you won't like this at all.

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

Rose + a lighter version of Angel. Very pleasent. My mother has stuck with Vanilla Fields by Coty for since before I was born (I'm almost 19) but she almost switched to this when I let her smell it. It takes a good perfume to get her attention and this one hit the spot.

Like wearing angel on a cool spring night when it's still chilly out side and the roses are just blooming and you catch a whiff of their intoxicating natural perfume and it mixes with your angel, becoming this brand new angelic scent that just makes you happy. :]

Logevity: MUGLER lol. (10/10)
Projection: 9/10

Overall: 29/30

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

La Rose opens with a fruity rose. I'm not too keen on rose perfumes, but this rose is fresh and infused with plum and bergamot.
Some time later the famous patchouli and chocolate combo appear, but they are still covert by a lovely veil of rose. The patchouli, though intense, is not as strong, heady or dirty as in the original Angel. I believe that is thanks to a softer chocolate, with more caramel thrown in.
The drydown stays fresh, despite the heavy gourmand notes. It reminds me somewhat of Innocent by the same house.
La Rose is a lovely, lighter rendition of the heavy gourmand classic, and it's quite beautiful. Try it.
Thanks anna.glowacka for the sample!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

La Rose strikes on my skin like the drydown of Angel, loud patchouli + choco-caramel combo. It then soon dissipates.

Then comes the heart which is my favourite part. Plum, bergamot, patchouli and some pepper, displayed on a rose carpet. Underneath hide chocolate and caramel, which I catch a whiff from time to time. The rose is never dominate, but helps to blend everything in. It acts more like the caramel in Alien the Taste of Fragrance if you understand what I mean.

Towards the drydown, the patch + choco-caramel combo becomes more and more prominent but never to full strength like the original. Though I love the typical Angel base notes, I still wish the middle parts could last longer as it combines classic Angel elements but restructures and brings something new to the table.

The sillage and longevity are both significantly softer. If you're looking for a toned down Angel, this can be a good option. However, if you're looking for an extraordinary rose dominante fragrance, I'm afraid this might not meet your expectation.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Sample review, thanks A. for sharing!
On me this opens rather spicy after which it transforms into a fruity rosescent accompanied by patchouli. This smoothly moves on to the sweet basenotes of vanilla, caramel & chocolate.
Nice!

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I love the rose note in this when you first spray it on the skin. It's very nice and fresh smelling in the beginning. I wish the rose smell would last throughout the dry down stage but unfortunately it doesn't. If the rose would have lasted longer, it would have been a "love" for me but since it doesn't, it's a "like" instead. What I mostly get in the dry down on my skin is the patchouli and caramel making it smell too similar to the original Angel which I admittedly don't care for. At least this is lighter, which in my opinion, saves it from being too "in your face" which is exactly why I don't like the original Angel. If you don't care for the original Angel and find it a little "too much" like I do, you may want to give this one a try. It's definitely a nice alternative.

kabelaced
kabelaced

Well, I'll be darned. This juice may be pink and have a girly name, but it actually smells like a unisex, leaning towards masculine, scent.

I tried the original Angel on at Sephora a few weeks ago, and that was a vanilla licorice heady sweet-and-sour perfume; I bought a sample of this flanker in an attempt to find a scent that features rose, and I smell a little bit in here, but it's definitely not featured, nor all that different from Angel.

I get a bit of that same licorice-salty smell (is this patchouli?) and some kind of indeterminate high-flying sweetness. Not what I was looking for, but I was delighted by the gender marketing disconnect.

nadia11
nadia11

Love love love this beautiful seductive scent as soon as i applied it to my skin. Ive never really liked floral scents until I tried this perfume. The floral notes blend in well making a fresh loveable scent to me. I have the miniature bottle and the bottle itself is to die for. Stunning!!

monika690
monika690

The smell is sweet with a touch of rose and pepper. I also feel a bit of patchouli and fruit. I like to use it in the winter and autumn. I recommend sweet fragrance lover

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I only tried the original Angel once, and it seemed kind of... normal. Maybe being repeatedly exposed to it through the years by smelling Angel and all of it's knockoffs on legions of tweens, teens, and twentysomethings has taken away all of it's shock value and made it seem innofensive. Maybe my nose was just stuffed up that day. I'm not sure. I know I'm going to have to test it out again soon.

I got Angel Rose as a blind buy because it was so cheap, and I love rose perfumes. I really like it, even though the rose doesn't stand out that much on my skin. I don't smell any of the shrieking synthetic white florals that are supposed to be in the original, thank god. The top note is fruit and camphor. I'm not sure what fruit it's supposed to be. Maybe it's plum, only plums that are a still a few days away from being ripe. Sometimes I think it's mango or even pineapple. After a few minutes, the fruity top notes meet up with the patchouli and chocalate base and provide a pleasant contrast until the very end of the drydown.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

A little history: I hated angel when it came out - I only smelled it once on paper, it was overwhelmingly nasty. Well 20 years later, after reading all these great reviews and liking Alien, I tried it again on my skin, I was impressed. Now there are so many flankers out there and I have a lot of catching up to do! I bought this Angel Rose on e bay at a really great price and today I tried it. I liked it immediately. After some time only the Rose, patcheuly and a faint angel remain and it is very soft and calming. I keep smelling my arm and after about an hour I find that it reminds me of great masculine smell, clean, showered and just the perfect cologne...faint...I just find it so intriguing and I think this has got to be a great unisex scent. I need to give it more time and wear it another day before I can really do a good review. I do love it1

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

I bought this as a collector but now I wear it as a...wearer. I like Angel but it's just too much. With la Rose you can wear Angel and not feel like a one mand band. I never thought I would wear in public but I fell in love with it while trying at home and it works. Color me surprised and delighted.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Original Angel with big portion pepper and sweet rose. What I do not appreciate is the sharp, peppery, almost masculine note in it. Excellent silage and longevity.
If you ask me, I prefer Angel because of the strong fruitiness,

Kamaty
Kamaty

I really hate original Angel but i LOVEEEEEE Angel Rose ....
Is awsome the first snif until the drydown...
The patchouli apears very soft, i can smell chocolate, caramel, rose,tobacco and a litlle spices.
Was absolute an amazing surprise...2 sprays only for sure and stays forever.
I'm very happy that i got a 100 ml tester bottle.
Is soooo comfort ,sexy ,chic sweet.
Pure love!!!!!

Update: I need say that i don't hate Angel anymore....is awful on paper but delicious on my skin :)
I don't believe that i miss this gorgeous fragrance all my life!!!

blueberry
blueberry

Angel Rose seems to be the nicest flanker in the Angel-range to me. Not only does it work well with my skin from the first seconds after application, but also presents beautiful and mellow sweet patchouli drydown.

At first I was a bit reserved, although it did not produce the harsh sensation of patchouli-chocolate-caramel battle as it was in the case of Angel EDP and EDT, it was just plain pink-peppery and rosy, which was not exactly what I expected from this fragrance. Alas, after some time it developed smoothly into a well-balanced, round and sweet patchouli dipped in the caramel chocolate, with only a hint of a delicate rose. At this point I surrendered to its beauty and couldn't refrain from sniffing it off my skin - it's that addictive!

AR has great longevity: 8 hours on skin and whole day on clothes. The only downside is that its projection is so much lesser than that of the original Angel, which unfortunately prevents me from willing to reach into my pockets to buy it, especially that it is rather pricey.

Otherwise, a perfect Angel flanker - that will most likely please those who cannot cope with the original.

Bebette
Bebette

Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm my dear lovely rose how I love thee! On first spray I detect the citrus top notes, but only briefly for 5-10 seconds (luckily for me as I detest citrus on my skin). After that the patchouli comes out to play but softer than in the original, the pepper lingers, and the caramel adds just the tiniest but of sweetness to the rose. I do not detect the chocolate or vanilla, this fragrance is very well blended and I think the only reason I pick out any notes is because of my familiarity with all Thierry Mugler and the rose pepper combo of Innocent Rock. Overall though, I'd generalize this as a softer, more linear Angel but as where Angel is predominantly fruity gourmand this is a soft spicy floral. Do not underestimate it though, as it has lasted over 7 hours today and is still alive and kicking even in this nasty tropical storm band of rain and humidity. The sillage is amazing as with all Thierry Mugler, he truly did it again!

Originality 10/10
Longevity 10/10
Sillage 10/10

Nanc
Nanc

On me all I get from La Rose is patchouli, patchouli, patchouli and then rose nothing sweet. It smells so funky on me just doesn’t work with my chemistry, pity.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

I received a sample of this during a recent swap. Smells identical to Angel to me, maybe a little spicier. II smelled this on me all day long even in the pouring rain. I love sillage monsters and this will be added to my want list.

soniamcalear

I Do not care for this version at all. Thankfully I bought it at a good price. I will always love Angel but any other version does not ever seem to live up to the original EVER!!!

cinsot
cinsot

The base of La Rose Angel holds a powerful allure, you don't really seeing it coming given the amount of syrup present during the early evolution.

La Rose is sinfully hypnotic once the sugar dissolves and burns off exposing a surprisingly suave Don Juan patchouli seductively saddling a sweaty plum wine induced drunken coumarin clad in rose velvet.

This private spectacle goes on well into the night pleasuring all who are privy to it for hours.

A spectacular achievement, I admire and respect how La Rose comes to life during the heart phase and does not relent until dawn.

The current champion of my collection, I don't ever want to stop smelling this good.

jtd
jtd

I haven’t tried the other Angel jardin fragrances, but this seems like the logical, if not sensible one of the group. Rose in place of a shouting white floral should make for a loud and expansive, but not quite as jarring version of angel. Rose has a natural ‘in’ to patch as the tart wine like and peppery rose elements join nicely with the earthy patch elements. The blasting white floral just bounces off the patch in Angel, creating the discord and imbalance.

Others have said that the drydowns of all the jardins are the same---more or less that of Angel. Because there is less cotton candy in La Rose, and at least a remnant of the rose remains in place until drydown to match the patch, the drydown isn’t simply overtaken by the ‘Angel’ side of La Rose. Somehow, La Rose has Angels’s ridiculousness, its silliness but not its sense of mania teetering toward peril.

I dog many Angel imitators for not understanding the inherent conflict in Angel that makes it a brilliant perfume. They tend to copy the surface and miss the point by miles. The ride La Rose takes you on is loud and fabulous like Angel’s, but not as risky, and therefore should not work. But it does. It’s a smart spin on Angel, and not a copy of patchouli/candy/flowers with no real intention, my complaint against the Angel imitators.

People are very attuned to the tone of laughter. Angel original has that uncomfortable, inappropriate laugh of someone at a cocktail party that makes everyone unconsciously take a nervous step away. It’s the laugh of someone who breaks unspoken social form because she’s unbalanced in a way that sort of scares you. It doesn’t relax inhibitions and bring a group together, it raises hackles and all the pre-arranged ‘time to leave’ cues start passing back and forth between couples.

La Rose’s laugh is like that end-of-the week drink or joint among friends. You kick back and let your hair down. A lot of giggling, a little laughing til you cry.

CitiBelle
CitiBelle

I am at a loss here trying to identify anything other than white sugar, 2 hrs later I still feel I have pasted a white sugar mix onto my wrists, Yuk. 3 hrs later it has developed a slight caramel scent. 5 hrs, the dry down is soft and bland witha slight rose overtone but not unpleasant, This was a sample , I would not buy it because of that intense sweet hit that lasts for several hours. It doesn't work for me.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

the first few minutes are a bit sharp & sweaty with the coumarin mixing with the sparkling peppery citrus cocktail. it soon becomes almost doughy with the vanilla patchouli mingeling with caramel drizzled roses. the longlasting drydown is the beloved Angel powdery cocoa with faint roses & plum.

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

interesting i get a salty herbal kind of sweaty rose smell sometimes.. but sometimes i get a very sweet rose smell which is lovely.. i wouldn't purchase again

nooory
nooory

Can i still find this in stores now?

goingblonde
goingblonde

This is my second review.
at first I didnt like it , it reminded me of pipe tobacco and gave me headaches.

I stopped trying to wear it for a a year.
Came across it the other night and decided to try it again.
OMG now I like it !

I think I was spraying too much before.
I have to be very careful to apply lightly.I can tell it still may cause a headache .

A really nice blend of Rose and Patchouli.
A rich deep Rose :) Glad I gave it anther try:)

soniamcalear

A little more sharp then the original. I prefer the original and I would not purchase another bottle of this version at all. I don't hate it but I don't care for it either.

Tovah
Tovah

My sister has worn the original Angel since its launch. I used to own the original (who didn't?) but I'm afraid I'm one of the people that gave it a negative reputation. Sadly, the lovely floral chocolate I smell on my sister turns into perfumed nightmare on my skin. (I love the way Angel smells on my sister). When Angel La Rose came out, I went through an entire bottle in a couple of months. I couldn't get enough of it. The florals and sweetness of Angel were present, but the rose tempered the patchouli and woods, and made this my perfect Angel. I loved the beautiful red bottle as well. I keep meaning to repurchase La Rose, because it's beautiful, seductive, and has almost secret hints of rose. It's warm, confident, and striking.

STILL SNIFFING! GORGEOUS!!!

I'LL FIND MY PEACE WHEN I'LL HAVE THIS BEAUTY!!!

WHY? OOOH WHY DID I TRIED YOU???
NOW I CAN'T SLEEP AND MY WALLET WILL BECOME ALL SHADOWS AND DARKNESS AGAIN!!!

:(((((((

BIIIIG NEWS!!! MY HUSBAND GAVE ME THIS FOR MY 27th BIRTHDAY! HE'S A SWEETHEART!!! MY SWEETHEART! LOVE YOU BABY!!!

Tubykap20

I'm so glad I finally found a scent from Mugler's house that I really like! It starts with the overpowering pink pepper but the rose soon balances everything! I just love it! Very feminine,but with that touch of power in it....Indeed very sweet in the end,but still classy! Wow,I can't stop smelling my wrist!!!

*** I never liked the original Angel! This is a much more lighter version...***

JUST TRY IT!!!

kikiki
kikiki

A friend gave me this recently, thinking I would like it. I just cannot.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I was anticipating trying this in the hopes it would be the "one" Angel I could get away with wearing. NOT!

Just like all the other flankers, I can't wear this one either. It turns into the same brash animalistic concoction as the others. Attempt after attempt, flanker after flanker, the result is the same on me. Maybe it's just time I throw in the towel.

Hey, at least I tried... I really did.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

My most favorite scent out of the Garden of Stars collection. The rose mixes so beautifully with the scent of Angel. To me, it has a very old-fashioned, dusty rose appeal. My second fave would be Violet Angel. Next would be Peony then Lily. These scents work well in warm and cool weather.

Whit
Whit

I bought this unsniffed; just looking at the notes, I knew it was gonna be a winner, and it was. In the beginning it smells like chocolate roses and I can really pick out the patchouli in the dry down. I really like this one, but I bought it close to the beginning of summer, so I haven't worn it much, figuring that it would be better matched to the cooler months. I can't wait for cold weather to get here so I can wear it more often. Another winner in my book!

Cheryl5406
Cheryl5406

I have to say I'm surprised - I actually like this. Never tried Angel so wasn't sure what to expect. At first I thought it had an odd scent (Coumarin)? But I've been wearing this last few days and have decided it is an alluring feminine fragrance that I like. Never been a fan of rose but somehow here it works. A blind purchase that was a lucky find - I highly recommend this if you want a perfume that is different and captivating...

Weeks later: OMG I'm so smitten with this perfume! Lush, heavenly and uber female. Like walking in a rose garden where the grass is sprinkled with spice and the breeze from the woods kisses your hair. My husband loves it and it gets alot of compliments from others. Lasts long enough to keep me happy. I'm a fan forever...

olga1780
olga1780

It is very much similar to Nirmala by Molinard to my nose but more rosy. Beautiful composition, epsecially I love the fact that despite of the chocolate and caramel notes, it doesn't make you smell like food.
It's pretty powerful, but unlike some sweet perfumes of this kind ( like Queen Latifah), it is very smooth and wearable.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I got a tester vial of this as a thoughtful little gift off an eBay seller ( nice touch !) when my bottle of Violette Angel 25ml arrived this morning .

What beautiful bottles these "Garden Angels" come in !! I need to get testers of the Pivione and Le Lys versions next to see if its worth me getting full sizes of those. I would like to complete the set as the bottles are SO PRETTY , and also i imagine maybe collect able in the future as they are discontinued i believe? HOwever , I can't justify buying a scent for bottle alone ( Unless its an amazing bargain find of course - Tip- I get some great ones at Car Boot sales)

To the actual scent , a bit of a jumble while still wet. Found it hard to determine any particular note except for the rose ( hey - my nose is very much in training ) . The chocolaty gourmand "Angel" scent comes out when the perfume dries and settles. I find this rose version and the Violette much more wearable than the original Angel....which is too heavy and cloying ans doesn't suit my chemistry.

Sweet and powdery on the drydown.

It has lasted well on my skin today. Good sillage too , not overpowering but just noticeable enough My BF doesn't find it as alluring as the Violette Angel , but still "nice and sweet and innocent " was his opinion.

Pleasant enough , Ive discovered I'm more of a Violet lover than a rose lover. But i still want to buy a full size of this perfume.

Id wear it as a nice daytime frag , spring or summer. I can see me wearing it with a pretty vintage, 40s/50s flora day dress. Perfect when you want to smell sweet and pretty as opposed to full on sexy/sultry.

Maybe perfect for a summer wedding, meal out in the country ect.

7/10 - Would be higher if i was more "Into" Roses :)

magie

I forgot to mention the perfume bottle is stunning as well!

magie

I tried the peony, the violet, and the rose from the Garden of Stars and while I was interested mainly in the violet, I fell in love with the rose. It starts out strong and no doubt about it, it is Angel. After a few minutes it softens and becomes this lovely and unique rose with a touch of caramel and plum. I wouldn't use as a day scent unless it is a casual fun day.(This is fun perfume.)After the blast of pink pepper and patchouli it is very soft, and seductive. I like the La violet as well but this one is much prettier and last longer on me. Like all Angels it last a really long time.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

La Rose! How indulgent is this one?!! I love this one the most of all of the Garden of Stars. Great longevity, crisp, peppery, velvety, chocolately, just plain gorgeous!

Norgirl
Norgirl

oh ah... This is a realy good twist of angel .
Sweeter and cleaner then Angel . The angel are defenitly there . but this reminds me alittle bit more of the innocent angel whit a twist of rose.The start have the same twist of Bergamot and ,pepper. i can not say that i feel so much the Cumarin,(but then again what shall i look for? ) the plum makes it delicios whit its sweet notes, this is very much a gormand perfume to me , The Vanilla makes it kind of creamy when it blends whit the dark chocolate and caramel. the patcholi is a delight aswell.
this is for thous who cant quite take the angel whit all the notes in the heart . a cleaner version i would say..
To me, the best of the Garden collection

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

La Rose Angel resembles the original Angel a lot, bitter-sweet, still not the kind of innocent Angel that I expected, it's definitely a Dark Angel again.

The opening is a little bit fruitier; the Rose accounts for a bigger proportion than the original, yet not dominant; the gourmand base remains exactly the same; Overall it's an eligible member from the TM Angel line. Not my cup of tea but I really appreciate all the bottles of “Garden of Stars”.

kerini
kerini

Tantalising, sweet, gourmand - but everything in moderation. This is pretty good!
It's so not my kind of fragrance but I certainly wouldn't mind smelling it on others (used sparingly).

La Rose Angel starts with intoxicating notes of bergamot and plum. Far from subtle but a surprisingly great match.
Next the rose and pink pepper set in, a very nice uplifting combination.
At first I was a little disappointed when the heart vanished after only half an hour but the dry-down made up for it: Warm, sensuous, complex and longlasting (at least 10 hours). I get vanilla, wood, caramel and a soft patchouli. I can't detect any chocolate but then I wouldn't really trust my nose to find its way through that giant wave of desserts. I suppose what smells like hay with a hint of cinnamon to me must be the coumarin.
-----
Update:
Do I smell apple close to the beginning? I didn't get it the first few times I tried this. Is my mind playing tricks on me?

aelias
aelias

I hate that I don't wear this more often because I don't think other people like this fragrance. But, that is the case. It is totally unique, with a very interesting blend of floral and spice. Too many oriental florals are overly-dominated by the floral notes...this one strikes a nice balance.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

After rather disastrous testing of ANGEL, I have decided to give LA ROSE ANGEL a try hoping that the magic of the rose has managed to tame the dark forces that made ANGEL so unbearable to me. LA ROSE ANGEL is still ANGEL’s apprentice, faithfully following in the footsteps of its great and evil master but the disharmonious nature of ANGEL is rearranged and softened in LA ROSE ANGEL. The composition has harmony and unity though it still remains quite bold and loud.

The opening of coumarin, pink pepper and bergamot is a spice bomb. It is loud, bitter, sharp, smoky and a bit sickly sweet for a minute. However, once this explosion clears out, the fragrance becomes quite gentle and soft with the tender rose and nice fruity plum in the heart notes. The patchouli still creeps in but it is not as monstrous as in the original ANGEL. The base notes are the best part. They are beautiful with caramel, delicious vanilla and dark chocolate. The patchouli is nice in the base adding fine accent to the chocolate.

I still think that the opening is a bit too much for my nose but I have to admit that I like this fragrance way better than I like ANGEL. I can actually wear this one when in the right mood. The sillage and longevity are outstanding.

possumke
possumke

I own Angel La Rose, and I do like to wear it occasionally. It's not one which I pull out to wear everyday. I find LA ROSE to sometimes feel too heavily weighted, and it can accentuate a depressive mood.... it's hard to explain, but in those times, it is not really an uplifting fragrance. The rose note in particular is a powdery/old fashioned one in this fragrance. On the plus side, it has long Lasting power.
I am glad that I also own Angel Peony, which I find to be more uplifting, flirty and younger.

Francop
Francop

Very nice variation of the original Angel; lovely and comforting...lasts forever...heaven...

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I don't like the classic Angel, but this one is more comfortable and wearable. It's not nasty, not too specific, good for every occasion.
I've found a tester vial recently and felt in love :-D I've had to buy a large bottle. It seems that I'm fond of such fruity-peppery-salty scents ) And yes, as Rose Zircon said, the patchouli aren't dominating (I'm not fond of patchouli too).

Rose Zircon
Rose Zircon

This is the most unique & maybe the best (in my humble opinion) of The Angel Garden of Stars Series (Rose, Peony, Violet, Lily).. =D
I think the 2nd best is Peony, 3rd Violet, & the least (dullest) is Lily..
At last.. i found the "Angel" that i love (I don't like Angel Original).. ^^

La Rose is somehow dark, lady-like, seductive..
I portrayed a noble lady in an maroon-vintage-Victorian gown..
long lasting floral-gourmand, added touch of "sour notes", & some "dirt /dust particle" notes..
Maybe because of the sour notes & the patchouli, some people resembles this as BO.. But in my humble opinion, that notes make this remarkably unique & very pleasantly seductive.. ^^
I'm not a patchouli-lover, so I'm happy coz patchouli in La Rose is light & inoffensive.. ^^

For you who want to try this perfume, please don't expect this as typical fresh-pink floral-sweet-light-mass market-perfume..
Coz you might be disappointed.. =)

817flowers
817flowers

Finally - I am happy I found an Angel I can enjoy wearing. Like others, I tried this so many times. Angel smelled great on my best friend. I tried several of the Garden of Stars and finally I decided to spritz on one more try with La Rose Angel. This one was different with me- I even enjoyed the initial blast that startled me with the others. It actually smelled nice and still carried the Angel scent, and even got better as the hours passed. I can feel confident wearing La Rose Angel. Whatever the Rose does- it masks the strange scent that has scared me of with other Angel scents. Funny that a Rose scent (which I tend to stay away from) made the difference. Finally!! I have found my Angel.

Thierry Mugler LA ROSE is a well-composed fruity floral with great lasting power and sillage and only a light patchouli drydown. But, strangely enough, the dominant floral note to my nose appears to be orchid! I find nothing resembling rose here at all. My best guess is that the coumarin and pink pepper have combined with the rose to produce what I am perceiving to be orchid.

This is good news for orchid lovers, perhaps not for those who were hoping for a new rose perfume. More good news is that the purple plum (which hits me like a ghastly form of grape jelly in ANGEL and ALIEN) has been neutralized also by the coumarin and pink pepper, it appears, to produce a very pleasing fruitiness that complements the pseudo-quasi-orchid well.

I recommend LA ROSE to those who like fruity floral fragrances, but don't expect this to smell like rose!

adele l
adele l

Straight up rose superimposed on Angel but a little softer. The dry down is very much original Angel..
Those of you expecting a delightful, easy to wear rose should be warned though- Rose Angel has dark undercurrents and can be challenging to wear! On my skin it strikes a nice balance as the rose tones down some of the original's sweetness.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Yes, it is rather like standing at the wrong end of a jet engine, but it's lovely. A nose recently commented that by thier reckoning, one 25ml bottle should, with daily usage last around twenty thousand years. Thats about right. Can anyone else detect a blast of coriander/light cumin when this first leaves the bottle?

I love Angel for its uniqueness and dominating presence, so I was really eager to try the Angel Garden of Stars range.

This fragrance was the first one I tried and honestly I disliked it at first. My nose was assaulted with a strong burst of pink pepper, coumarin and heavy, old-fashioned rose. The opening was so loud that I was almost shocked, which is weird because I usually love bold and 'out there' fragrances.

It pays to be patient with La Rose. After the loud and incredibly rosy introduction subsides, the rose note softens into a beautiful powdery and feminine scent. It's hard to believe its the same fragrance that I had been smelling only minutes before.

The delicate rose note transcends effortlessly into the drydown to blend with the vanilla, caramel, chocolate and patchouli which makes for a truly delightful gourmand experience. The patchouli in La Rose is much dryer and lighter than in the original Angel where it can become quite overbearing.

Overall the lasting strength and sillage is as good as Angel, it will last and last. The drydown was the highlight for me by far. One of the most beautiful gourmand blends I have ever come across.

The_Entity
The_Entity

I love this one, sexy, intense, last me through from 6pm til the morning after. Best from Thierry Mugler for me.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Ok, I don't know what body odor note people keep talking about....but I'm going to have to agree that I don't like TM's perfumes. There's just something there that each one has...and it doesn't sit well with me. =( Otherwise, I'd probably like them. Perhaps the fragrances are just too strong or I'm just sick of it because I know too many people who wear it. I like to be different in many ways.

SandraS
SandraS

Im a fan of Angel and was lucky to get a chance to try this one. I find myself keep reaching for it more often, especially to wear at the office. Angel its still there but this versin is softer and mellowed by the rose, making it very wearable by day. Sadly I don't get the bergamot or pink pepper on my skin. just the rose bathed in Angel.

Great staying power and just right syllage for work.

Angel with rose, and still it has that awful body odor note that I can't bear. I've noticed this note on others, as well with this line of fragrances.

kimberly
kimberly

I didn't like it. The coumarin came strong and made me smell like sweat. Ick. Sorry! But I love the Le lys one of Angel.

Jasraeldesigns
Jasraeldesigns

WOW is all I can say. I bought the sample and tried it and had eaten many oranges. WRONG MOVE!!!! Your chemistry balance is so critical to what you wear in terms of fragrance and the least little thing can effect the entire balance. Needless to say, I got many complaints and was told I smelled better.

So I waited, but I just knew that with all of the research that I put into the fragrance and what was in it was NOT in vain. So I tried it again, 2 weeks later on a normal day. I made sure I had not eaten any onions or citrus items that day and WOW is all I can say.

It smelled TOTALLY different and I c the light! lol

I LOVE IT! It is strong, and I already know that a little goes a long way but i like it so much better than the orignal angel. Although I do not smell any roses, the sweetness of the plum along with the bergamot and the grand finale of pitchoulli serves as a wonderful symphony of sweet harmony and balance! With my chemistry these are the notes that stand out the most and is extremely agreeable with the winter time and cold air on the evenings. I leave a wonderful trail of sweetness wherever I go and its quite pleasant to know this in advance.

Here I was wondering what in the world I would wear on my first date and I had it all along!!!

I am sure he will love this and I cant wait to wear it this weekend.

Thank you Thierry you did well on this one without straying to far away from your signature note that gave you success in the original.

This one just so happens to work better with me.

jeanol
jeanol

This is an incredibly strong perfume; just one tiny spray and you can smell you coming a mile away.....much prefer the original.

F_A
F_A

For me it's the best scent from the Garden of stars collection. It feels like Angel is playing with the rose petals:)Amazing "modification" of classical Angel - absolutely love it!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This is such an incredibly beautiful scent, as is the rest of Thierry Mugler's Garden of Stars perfumes...Pivoine, Violette, and Le Lys are the others. I spritzed this La Rose in a store and immediately fell in love. Can't wait to buy. A unique Angel scent; sweet, seductive, and charming.

Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel by Thierry Mugler 4.12 out of 5 based on 362 ratings and 69 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Garden Of Stars - La Rose Angel by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.