Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

honey
Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys by Thierry Mugler is a oriental floral fragrance for women. Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel. Top notes are fruity notes, hiacynth, water lily and lily-of-the-valley; middle notes are nutmeg, honey and caraway; base notes are amber, patchouli and vanilla.

More about famous Thierry Mugler Angel perfume!

Fruity Notes Hiacynth Water Lily Lily-of-the-Valley

Angel

Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys Fragrance Reviews

Bublegum
Bublegum

This one opens exactly as the original Angel and even later that the honey note appears, it is obvious that this is related to Angel. I believe that someone who is not that much into fragrances probably will think that you wear Angel. It is lighter than the original, but still the patchouli is obvious and for me still a perfume that you shouldn't overdo it. But again, it doesn't have the longevity and sillage of the original. Well it has, it if you spray kind of more, but with the original with 3 sprays you smell in the next block. For me, it is mainly patchouli and honey. The lily is not apparent, but I think that this is my problem with this series. My skin doesn't really detect the other notes, so apart from collecting it and because it is a nice bottle, I don't think that I would have bought it scent-wise, because I don't see that much difference from the original in order to give money to buy something so similar.

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

I just added this to my Mugler collection. I like it. I can definitely smell mother Angel in there and I do smell the water lily and the honey but I'm also picking up orange blossom. It's not one of the listed notes but that's what my nose is picking up. Perhaps orange is how my nose translates the listed fruity notes as indicated above. Well anyway this bottle is very much welcomed amongst my other bottles of Mugler juice.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this opens up smelling almost just like original angel to me, maybe a little less chocolatey and deep though, a bit lighter and less sugary due to the florals. the florals don't really stand out to me but they are definitely there, just subtly mixing in with the scent and making it a bit brighter. i also love the honey in this and the fact that the florals are not overwhelming or cloying. it's very nice and my 2nd favorite so far of the garden of stars that i have tried. (one more to go!)

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

One of the best Angel Garden flankers in my opinion. I decided to revisit this after noticing it hiding away the other day in my closet perfume storage area. It is the perfect scent for spring time in our rainy gloomy state. In WA, on the Olympic Peninsula (where the Twilight book serious was placed...Vampires love it!) Spring days are more often than not cloudy, rainy, moody & the sun only peaks out and blesses the dark mountains with her warm beams occasionally. This scent works perfectly in that it has all the cozy elements I love to smell on cloudy dark rainy days...spices, warmth & comfort smells, yet there is the lighter than original Angel elements such as the florals and earth scents that lift up and brighten the whole composition.
It just feels like a warm coffee shop where you are listening to Indie tunes, enjoying a chai tea latte with some nutmeg sprinkled on top in a light sweater, inhaling the scent of a pretty mixed spring bouquet of flowers that have been in a pretty vintage vase on the table for a few days. Their petals are starting to drop and release even more of their scent. Life is GUD. ;)

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

This is the last Angel fragrance from the 'Garden of Stars' series that i've tried (i have worn each sample the past 4 days) and it definately smells better than the original Angel, but is still very similar.

I liked the violette edition the best as i got no 'stale sweat/body odour from it, like i do with the original Angel and the rest of the flankers.

mhubbard

Beautiful scent, so feminine and much easier to wear than the original Angel. Still, you definitely know it is a relative. I love all these garden flankers and can't decide which one is my favorite! Classy yet sexy, it has a gourmand vibe but doesn't smell like food. Suitable especially for late winter and spring but can be worn year round. The.8 oz bottle doesn't sound like much, but you need such a tiny amount that it will last a very long time. It is available for under 20 dollars and is recommended for those looking for a true bargain. It is also sold in a set of 4 minis, rose, violet, peony and lily and is very affordable.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Boy, was I wrong to think this version of Angel would be a watered down wannabe! No way! This little beauty took me by complete surprise! I got a sample, not feeling eager to try it because of my preconceived notion, but then I sprayed some on and ALL I can say is wow! It's got the characteristics of Angel edt and somehow manages to be a more light, bright Angel while not being watered down and longevity is excellent! It's light, yet still a solid composition and the notes stick close together so that you're not left with a few notes barely hanging on to your skin after an hour or two. No. This little baby has a punch, but the punch isn't a vicious one like Angel EDP. She's more like a little sister who can hold her own against her tough older siblings. She's a solid little thing.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Le Lys, like her sisters from Angel Garden series, opens with a light touch of classic Angel patchouli + honey combo. Though chocolate is not listed, the patch-honey combo kind reminds of it.

After about an hour, patchouli mellows and hands off the relay to lily. Honey is always there and I smell something like baked nuts as well. It kind makes me think of mixing Miroir des Envies with A Travers le Miroir while lily is still the main role. At this stage, it's not obivious that Le Lys is actually an Angel flanker.

After about 4 hours, patchouli resurfaces and reclaims the Angel liaison. Though it smells Mugler style patchouli, it's soft in Le Lys and under the control of lily and honey. The whole scent remains tender and close to skin for another 4 hours.

Le Lys is actually a romantic lily fragrance with a hint of Angel. Even if you're put off by the patchouli and the sweetness in the original version, Le Lys could still be your 'Angel'.

Whit

I've reviewed this once before and wasn't very happy with the fragrance, but I also stated in my past review that the tester might have been bad.

So, a few days ago I was at my sis's house and she had the body lotion. I asked "Where did you get this?" and she said one of her friends got it for her. So I tried a little of the lotion on my skin and BAM!, I became a fan. So I ordered a bottle of the perfumed body lotion for myself. It actually smells much better than the actual perfume to me, and for a lotion, it really lasts. To me, it smells like Angel Aqua Chic and I get a "chocolate" note, even though it isn't listed. This one is actually quite rich on my skin and I'm glad I got the lotion instead of the perfume because I got my first compliment on it. Another Mugler I'm glad I added! :D

bailarina
bailarina

Thierry Mugler is my Favorite in terms of perfumes. I love this Angel line. They are so rich and delicious. I really like the honey note on this one. Smells like real honey. Sweet and Angelic plus a hint of flowery notes. All my favorites.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Beautiful unique honey scented Angel fragrance with base note of patchouli (cocoa facet) & powdery oriental note of amber. Because of its powdery scent I'd recommend this to spray it in smaller amounts. It is well suited for day or night, in any season for ladies of all age groups. Silage is heavy & longevity is weak/ moderate. Must confess, it is one of my favourite fragrances.

finanna
finanna

I got a generous sample and have been wearing this for about one week (not in a row). My first thought was "diet Angel" as this, unlike the violet flanker is instantly recognisable as direct descendant of Angel.

I didn't get much lily from this, on me it is just a softer version of Angel EdP. It is nice, office-appropriate option for Angel lovers who have spray control issues (that's me), but due to the limited availability, there are better options (such as trying to spray less Angel;)).

It lasts about 6-8 h on me, the drydown is less patchouly than in the original. Projection is modest on the Mugler scale, good on the average perfume terms. I didn't get much greenness, just a softer, perhaps more classically feminine take on Angel. I was a bit worried about the honey note, but it turned out to be sweetness, not the dreaded whiff of urine. I prefer the original, but people who find Angel overpowering but interesting, will likely find this enjoyable (and maybe difficult to obtain).

Eneli
Eneli

One word to describe this perfume - SEXY!!! My favorite from the four Garden Of Stars.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

Warm honeyed & buttered dense white lilies & hiacynth. Light ripe fruity notes & spices (mostly nutmeg) in the far background. I dont specifically detect patchouli, but it does have a slight angel undertone to it, & a bit of earthiness. Not my favorite of the Garden Of Stars, but its still lovely & reminds me of springtime.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

as this is part of the "angel" fmaily, i was really surprised to find it so...light? the word light and angel just don't match do they? this is a pretty floral but it's quite unremarkable unlike the original angel. i don't regret having it but it's pretty much hmmph, ok move on to the next.

blueberry
blueberry

Angel Le Lys has little in common with the orignal bombastic Angel, and shares some similarities with Angel Pivoine.
There are patchouli (quite mellow), honey, lilly of the valley and hiacynth as most prominent notes to my nose, but the waterlily as such is too elusive for me - it hovers in the opening barely within an eyeblink. I simply wonder why they called it Le Lys. Strangely, I have an impression there is pepper among the notes as well, which reminds me of Angel Pivoine.

Unfortunately, I detect something artificial in the fragrance's drydown, as if it contained plasticine or even petrol notes, which spoils the fun eventually, even though the scent is quite wearable from beginning to end.

Longevity 8 hours, which is great; sillage - rather low on me, just as it is the case of all Angel flankers on my skin, much to my disappointment. Luckily from time to time I get whiffs of the smell while moving.

I much prefer Angel Rose, but I'm glad I have tested yet another member of the Angels' clan, which seems to confirm I'm actually more of an Alien- rather than Angel-freak ;)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This opens with incredibly strong floral notes, with crisp dry patchouli quickly making its presence felt. A cloying sweetness develops as this wears and remains pretty linear until the end, which does take a while. Staying power and sillage are great, as with all Thierry Mugler I've tried.
However nothing about this one works for me. I still prefer the original Angel.

Hmmm... I am not sure why it smells this way on my skin, but basically this Garden of Stars Le Lys smells like the original Angel clashes with original Alien then it dries and settles down into original A*Men. It's very white floral and heavy patchouli before it becomes dense and rich with spice and honey. One gotta be a biggest fan of Thierry Mugler to really enjoy this fragrance. Or anything of his... Really. :)

Whit

I had Violette, which I didn't care for and I own La Rose, which I love. I tried this one and while I liked it, I ended up not purchasing it. Why? Well, it just didn't have that "Wow" factor. It's nice and would be great for year round I believe, but I guess it was the lily note. Maybe I'm not used to smelling lilies, or it could have been a bad tester. I love just about all of Mugler's creations and I own a few of them. I really wanted to like this because the notes sounded so heavenly. Either way, I will try this one again. I'm betting the perfume from the tester was bad, which might explain the weird aroma. Anyway, when I get a chance to try it again, I will update.

Takhaet
Takhaet

I didnt like it at the beginning.It smelled weird... But now after few weeks of having it i actually got to like it. It is like lillies sprayed with a light version of Angel. I think it is a very original idea. The fragrance is warm , flowery and still strong but not as overwhelming as the original Angel.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

This Garden of Stars is the lightest one of all. You can definitely get away with wearing this one during the summer months. I love the finishing notes of patchouli and vanilla. I don't get a lot of water lily out of this one though. Gorgeous!

melia
melia

Very nice!

I have a little bottle of the original Angel, which I find hard to wear lately since the patchouly is so stingy and strong on my skin. It's actually not sweet at all on my skin.
Now Angel le Lys on the other hand, opens with the same recognizable Angel patchouly smell, but accompanied by a very lovely Lily note, which makes the whole composition a lot more tender! Tender, soft and sweet.. Where the Lily has almost a powdery feel, but nevertheless the original Angel charactre keeps singing on the background the whole journey.
A really lovely, more romantic and les harsh version of Angel and a lot more wearable to me.

icekat
icekat

The original ANGEL did not work for me but I had hopes that ANGEL LE LYS will work better. And it seems to be better behaved and easier to wear than its predecessor. The lily is quite noticeable but I would not call it a typical crispy floral. It has honey like gourmand quality while still remaining fresh due to the lily.

The beginning of this fragrance is not as harsh as Angel but it is still quite disharmonious. There are dried dusty fruits mixed with patchouli on one side and crispy green lily and lily of the valley on the other side. The composition wrapped in almost sickly sweetness. It is like the notes are shouting and trying to outdo each other. Thankfully this cacophony calms down when the scent morphs into the heart notes of honeyed lily mixed with a pint of nutmeg and caraway. The composition turns quite pleasant and very likeable to my taste at this stage. The scent significantly improves towards the dry down and turns into this gorgeous creamy vanilla like scent similar to Angel’s dry down but with a hint of lily.

The sillage and longevity are awesome. I am not sure about the top notes but the rest of the fragrance pulls it together quite nicely.

geckolost
geckolost

I love this! Sweet, comforting, sad, delicate. I can't smell any distinct note. Just creamy floralness. Sweetened with honey. Similar to Angel, but more heavenly because of it's softness; but down-to-earth because its subtle sweetness. Like other Thierry Mugler fragrances, the patchouli doesn't come through on my skin. Which is too bad in most cases because I love patchouli, but I don't mind it lacking in this.

elusivek
elusivek

I should point out right off that I can't tolerate the sweetness of the regular Angel.

This one is a lot more toned down thankfully.

It starts out with a strong acetone note (yep) then the sweetness. After that a really delicate lily of the valley smiles on the blend.

I am generally not a fan of floral but I have a weakness for spring florals like the the lily of the valley in this one. It is a bit cloying though.

After settling on my skin a bit I then get the nutmeg on the bed of amber patchouli.

I don't pick up on the fruit individually, just brightness and sweetness. Although honey is listed I get more of a sugar sweet than a smooth mellow honey sweetness.

For a perfume that has nearly everything I dislike in a perfume, it's actually not bad which is saying a lot! It is ultimately still too sweet for me though - but not by much.

I think it's much more balanced and tolerable than Angel for those who can't handle extreme sweetness.

It's a sweet bright floral with a nice base that isn't weighed down by woods and a good springtime scent imo.

I wouldn't have guessed that caraway and nutmeg might marry well in a perfume, but in LE LYS from the Thierry Mugler Jardin d'Etoiles series, they do, imparting a unique spiciness which is slightly dark but neither recognizably nutmeg nor recognizably caraway.

The florals, too, are not assertive enough for my nose to identify them by name, but what cannot be denied is that the drydown of LE LYS is a comforting honey patchouli--a distinctive variation on the standard ANGEL vanilla patchouli theme.

What is the same, is the dominance of the patchouli, but in LE LYS, the honey adds a new dimension and an appealing texture. This is less bread doughy and more, well, honeyed patchouli! I like LE LYS very much, so now I've been won over to some extent, since I'm no longer tied with Thierry Mugler fragrances:

Can't stand: ANGEL, ALIEN, INNOCENT
FB-worthy: INNOCENT SECRET, LA ROSE, LE LYS, LA VIOLETTE

I'm optimistic about LA PIVOINE...

adele l
adele l

This is my favorite of the garden of stars..the lily is present but not overpowering and stays through the dry down but the base is unmistakably angel; seems to be somewhat softer than the original.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I was supposed to never like it as I could not imagine a lily fragrance for some reason :-)
I love Lilies but I though that the fragrance will probably be heavy and sickly but it wasn't the case. Amongst Mugler Garden's flowers - it is lily and violet that I fell in love with!
Le Lys smells great, first few minutes it is a bit sweet, watery sweet I would say. But will not cause any headache or migraine! Not that sort of sweetness!
After 25-30 minutes it gently settle down, start to smell a bit bittery-sweet which I really love!
After an hour I smell being in a small boat at the lakeside, picking nenufares and soaking my feet in a crystal clear water...
I can't smell ordinary garden lilies, I smell nenufares, water lilies...
The lasting power is great, just as Violet's - it stays on my wrist for aaprox 12 hours.
The bottle was well worth the money!
It is a shame that Mugler's Rose does not have that lasting power or distinct rose note as Le Lys...
Le Lys is like a black horse on a racing course. It was a nice surprise for me!
I thought I will never like it much and was actually prepared to give it away to my sister before even trying it :-)
I am glad I gave it try and that I put my prejudicial thinking about fragrance notes aside! I truly love Le Lys!

I see this fragrance as being a refreshing spin on the original Angel.

The lily, honey and fruity notes gives Le Lys an almost watery freshness and an undeniable casual feel.

This fragrance is missing the dark chocolatey notes which make up the original making this scent much lighter and for some, more wearable.

Le Lys is so fresh and different, clean almost. The dominant lily note makes this fragrance sparkle with vibrancy and colour. This is a variation of Angel at its prettiest.

The lasting strength is good yet the sillage is no where near as powerful as Angel is, however I admire this fragrance's subtlety. For lovers of lily fragrances or people searching for a lighter or fresher version of Angel.

9154mf
9154mf

I like the original Angel so was looking forward to trying this, which I assumed was a lighter more floral version. It kind of is wit the lily in it but from the first spray all I could smell was patchouli - and strong! After some minutes it faded abit and made room for the mid notes of honey, nutmeg etc and the lily is faintly there adding a bit of lift to the scent. However, if you hated Angel I wouldn't think you would like this, they are unmistakeably related, and I find the patchouli in this is amped alot more, so if you're a fan of patchouli this would be great for you. Over time this sweetens and the patchouli is less prominent and I like it more in drydown.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

So much patchouli! I love the smell of lily of the valley, waterlily-all of the notes for that matter-except for patchouli, which dominates, acts overbearing, and makes me smell like potpourri--so sad! I have tester vials of all of the Angel Garden of Stars series, and I have made the comparison between Pivoine (Peony) and Le Lys (Lily)-I thought I liked Pivoine best of the series, but I like this best--that still doesn't mean I like it.....If anybody wants to make a trade of some interesting samplers for the sample trio, each twice-sprayed but mostly full (except the violet was once-sprayed), pm me! I am curious about Mugler cologne and there are so many perfumes that I would like to try, just look at my "selected for test" section!

woodpacker
woodpacker

sweet, sexy, refreshing and i have a clearmind. fruity top. lovely vanilla.

sam
sam

Le Lys is far the best for me out of the whole Angel family (the original and the gardens). It still has that unique Angel scent but in a smoother, softer way. Lily makes it more wearable for me, yet it is not a floral fragrance on me, rather a warm, cosy vanilla-honey smell.

Spring25
Spring25

This is an interesting fragrance to me, however I don't think I'd wear it everyday. It's more of a nice counter for me to the lighter fruity floral fragrances I usually wear for day. I enjoyed and could differentiate the top and middle notes, however the drydown was a bit more masculine a scent than I'm used to wearing and I tired of it. It's a very long lasting perfume overall. I layered it with a Thierry Mugler celestial body lotion.

Kyrrah
Kyrrah

Really love this one. I find Angel a bit overpowering but Le Lys manages to last well, attract compliments and be youthful yet sophisticated at the same time.

Halvah
Halvah

On my skin this scent was rather annoying and masculine, altough i love the orogonal perfume. Very powerful, high quality, but I don't like it.

kimberly
kimberly

It was rather strong, so use less, my husband liked it more than me. But I am keeping it. It is nice if you don't put too much on...Smells expensive!

F_A
F_A

For my nose this fragrance is less similar to the original Angel than La Rose for example. It's much fresher, flowery, and a bit soapy on my skin.

amanda
amanda

its similar to the original angel but lighter and not that annoying, nice

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

This one is so powerful, I'm melting with it:) Same dynamic of Angel notes, but quite feminine.

2007

Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys by Thierry Mugler 3.82 out of 5 based on 249 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Garden Of Stars - Le Lys by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.