Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Four beautiful flowers flourish in Thierry Mugler’s “garden of stars”. Peony possesses a thin but intensive aroma, beautifully developing on your skin in both hot and cold weather. Light and tender aroma of this flower is harmonized with patchouli, floral and green notes and light peppery note at the heart. The closure is sweet and soft due to the sweetness of vanilla. At the opening of the composition, there are light green notes of twigs; the heart is dominated by peony with harmonic floral surroundings and a note of pepper. Patchouli and vanilla are at the base. The perfume was created by Olivier Cresp in 2005.

Peony Patchouli Pepper Vanilla Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel Fragrance Reviews

westernlady

Angel Garden of Stars Pivoine starts out with peony, patchouli and pepper. The peony adds a really fresh brightness that works well with the rose. The patchouli is prominent, but not overwhelmingly so, as in the case of traditional Angel.

There is an interesting combination of freshness and spiciness. There is a soft, clean, powdery feeling from the rose and vanilla. I couldn't pick out the lily of the valley note at all. I found this fragrance more interesting because of the spiciness.

The contrast of musky patchouli, spicy pepper, and bright peony made it interesting to wear. Its not my favorite fragrance, but I thought it was fun to try. It wears down to a sweet, clean, soapy scent. This is a long-lasting fragrance with moderate silage.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

let me just start off by saying that i am usually not a big fan of peony in perfume, but i am trying all of the garden of stars scents and this one is the last one i'm trying.

it opens up with a clean floral scent that is very bright and i can smell the vanilla and pepper and the regular angel overtones in the background, however, like the violet angel, the floral in this is very noticeable and distinct from the angel scent.

personally, this is too clean/fresh/bright for me. i like dark or powdery florals better. it's not bad or anything, it's just not my cup of tea. if you like angel and peony-based scents then you will probably like this.

westernlady

Although I am not a fan of Angel, I was intrigued to try this based on the notes list. Initially, I could pick out only the peony, patchouli, and pepper. These three create an intense opening that does remind me of the blast of patchouli from the original Angel.

However, it does wear down into a more interesting, wearable take on the Angel line. The peony plays against the patchouli and pepper for a bright, freshness in contrast to the spicy woodiness.

After it wears down, the rose and vanilla add some sweetness that is softer and more powdery. The base of the fragrance feels very soapy, clean, and vaguely spicy with some floral remnants.

It's not my love, but it is interesting enough that I enjoyed wearing it. I would describe it as floral woodiness with an edge.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Smells too similar to the original. I sadly get the same stale sweat/body odour from this. I love patchouli essential oil so it's not that as patchouli does NOT smell like BO.

Not nice, luckily longevity was poor.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I had the wonderful luck to score a set of all four Garden of Stars fragrances, in adorable 5ml bottles. They're splash bottles, with a tiny little stopper attached to the glorious crystalline star top. Of course, as usual TM fashion, excellent presentation, design, and quality.

I'm also a huge fan of the concept. Angel is my signature fragrance, and it's something I truly love more than life itself. It has a little something for everyone in terms of notes, except on my skin, it seems to be lacking in the floral department. That's what I love about this collection: It offers a beautiful, more floral-based presentation of the original Angel.

This is the first one I've tried since they arrived in the mail. I grew up around peonies, and my mother and I would have competition to see who could grow the best. They're incredibly classy, elegant, and beautifully perfumed...like a light, blushing variant of the queen of flowers, the rose.

This fragrance, rest assured, is essentially ANGEL...with peony injected into the loud mix. This is exactly what Angel needed; an elegant, light floral tinge.

The most dominant note is the patchouli, but it's softened by the peony note, with assistance from the rose and lily of the valley, which (fortunately) take a backseat to the peony, who is the star of the show. The pepper isn't sharp or intensely spicy, but it helps to brighten the composition up a lot.

I'm very impressed. This is exactly what Angel brings to the table, just BETTER, because it really brings out the lush, floral aspect that the original Angel EDP is missing.

It's lasts a few hours less than the original Angel, and it projects just enough for people to notice it on you. I'm very excited to try the other three, in the following days! :)

I'll give this 7 out of 10.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Pivoine opens with a smell of aldehyde, some patchouli and a hint of chocolate. The chocolate disappears very soon and the scent becomes a little soapy and sharp.

Then comes the heart notes with peony, pepper, patchouli and rose. Peony and pepper are prominent, makes it more like a spicy-floral scent. At this stage, I might not think of Angel if I smell it blind.

However, it continues to evolve into a dark chocolate drydown though it's not listed, like a ghost of Angel.

I actually like the heart notes a lot. Peony touched by spicy pepper, tender but with caracters. And it's less close to the original than La Rose version IMO. The sillage and the longevity is among average and less good compared to its colleagues from the same house. It's an interesting interpretation with classic Angel elements, but you might need to like pepper to appreciate it better.

Whit
Whit

Special thanks to Conifer lover for the sample!

This is quite lovely! To me, it's more related to La Rose Angel than the original Angel. I don't smell much peony, but it's still a very pretty fragrance. On my skin, it was actually fairly sweet, but not so much that it can't be worn during warmer temps. I can pick out the patchouli in this very easily, so if that's a note you don't like, this may not be for you. The sillage is moderate but the longevity is pretty much all day on my skin and a little goes a long way with this one as well. I'm really happy to add this to my spring arsenal! :)

mhubbard
mhubbard

I LOVE this, but despite some reviews, it is very similar to the original Angel- more sisters than cousins. Deliscious, compelling ,mysterious, extravagant notes that demand an opinion, one way or the other. An array of mouth watering desserts, with candy, fruit, flowers, and every conceivable sweet experience awaits you in this bottle....just like every Angel bottle. Just a tad fresher or more wearable than the original Angel for the workplace. Bottom line? This is for the true Angel aficiando- others need not apply.

kimberly1988
kimberly1988

Love Love love it... My favorite !!!

finanna
finanna

To me this smells very similar to Molinard Nirmala edt, minus the grapefruit (1st release in1955). It is nice, multifaceted, a diet version of the original Angel (the masculine aspects of Angel, including patchouli have been tuned down or removed). Or maybe my bottle has turned, because all I get is nice sweet floral with a hint of fresh spices and a soft wiff of tropical fruit. I try to find the peonies but cannot sniff any. Or maybe the ones in the backyard of our summer place have different smell than the French variety:)

Nice, but not very original. Perfume-wise it is my least favourite of the Garden of the Stars. Must have for collectors. If you want to wear a lighter version of Angel (reasonably priced), keep looking.

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

Here's an Angel I can actually wear! the dry down is my favorite just wonderful.

blueberry
blueberry

Since the original Angel is a no-go scent for me due to its harsh and almost violent performance on my skin over the first hours and only fantanstic drydown, arriving at which requires too much perseverance to bear the initial torture unfortunately, I was tempted by the Garden of Stars editions, hoping that I would find the Angel that I could actually wear with pleasure from beginning to end. Well, the tests began with Peony version and here's the result:

First of all, this version is so much lighter in comparison to the original - a totally different smell and category.
I get some peony in the opening, which is really pleasant, but then there is nothing but a distinct peppery and kinda balmy sweet sauce in which patchouli barely exists (and I'm a sucker for nicely managed patchouli!). I guess the rose and pepper combo, with a touch of vanilla sweetener makes it quite musky and even soapy, but not in the most appealing way.

The longevity is medium - up to 5 hours on my skin, much longer on clothes, yet sillage is pretty low for a Mugler's fragrance.
Overall, nope, this overpriced and rare version of Angel will not win my heart either. Honestly, this scent does not stand out as something memorable, it is mellow and too bland for my tastes.
The quest for a perfect Angel flanker continues :)

miranda.stoner
miranda.stoner

Admittedly this is a very intense and noticable perfume, once you put it on, you don'tstop smelling it for hours. However, when mixed with Nina by Nina Ricci it creates a very pleasant mix of the strong Angel and the fruity Nina. Call me crazy if you will.

CitiBelle
CitiBelle

I am totally new to Thiery Mugler and to peony scents, but I love this, slightly unusual, nice green twiggy overtones and peony, plus for me the lily of the valley was there after 4-5 hrs the drydown is soft and powdery
but nothing special. I have just had a sample, but I would buy this and use it if just for that mix of peony and pepper. Very pleasant if not outstanding.

sofababe
sofababe

Testing, testing....
Blimey this stuff is strong at the start!! Patchouli smacks in you square in the face then hangs around to poke fun. Once the peony arrives (a good hour later) its rather nice but not nice enough to make up for the patchouli assault earlier on. It was all bravado anyway, it only lasted 4-5 hours, not good enough for a Mugler, and the price tag.

Besides all that, its practically impossible to buy, in UK anyway, I can't find any real shops that stock it, only a few online. I bought a sample from eBay, that's all you can find there. I'm assuming these were LE?

nobodygirl
nobodygirl

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE FRAGRANCE FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS A UNIQUE, SEXY, FRESH, SOFT AND INTIMATE SCENT. I cannot say enough good things about this lovely man Thierry Mugler. I have been wearing Angel now for like, 7 years or more, and once I was introduced to Garden of Stars I couldn't pick a fave. But Peony stuck with me.. and normally I don't like Peony. I normally do not like florals unless they dry into a powdery, musky, soft, vanillay, amber like-smokey scent. And this does. It has just enough floral freshness at the beginning notes and enough softness that lingers on your skin. THAT IS.. on the *right* skin tone.. everyone is different.. and it wont work for everyone.. It has staying power and I can smell it on myself even after the day is over. I use only 2 sprays, one on my chest and one on my pulse points that I rub together and THEN rub on my neck. And it lasts that long. ...Simply fantastic.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

My second favourite in Mugler's Garden of Stars series. Powerful, incredibly long lasting and so peppery! I wear this during the autumn and winter months as it is so warming. It sits beautifully on my skin and I love it when it gets into my clothes as well! The aroma lingers on my clothes for weeks!

judee
judee

I like this very much. To me it smells like a mix of peony and rose wrapped in a bit of smoky cloud... lying down in a pile of roses and peonies and lighting a cigarette kind of smell... it's different and that's why I like it very much..just like Dior Dune it has that special something...something smokey-rosy...and while everyone will notice you wearing it, nobody will be offended by it.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

I am not keen on the original angel as I find it too strong however I do like this version. It is quite strong so don't need to squirt on too much and the dry down is less intense than the original angel and bit more floral...not sure I can actually smell peony though. Definitely an evening or winter smell.

whitewing
whitewing

I find that the peony did not last as long as i hoped, and found itself smelling like regular angel.

Norgirl
Norgirl

this to me is a mixture gone a little bad , the Piones dont match the other notes , it smells . chep and somehow synthetic to my nose... very much sopy ,
this lake the originality of Angel , And Is a bit harsh and unplesant. Normaly i like Peony but not this one .

geekweevil
geekweevil

This was my first example of 'Why one should never blind purchase perfume based on the
a)cheap secondhand ebay price and
b) what a pretty bottle and
c)I really want to try something a bit different'.

This one screamed "I'M A PERFUME!" at me as soon as I put it on..AND KEPT SCREAMING.
It was unrelenting.
I put the bottle on the shelf. From the other room I could STILL hear (smell) it screaming "I'M A PERFUME!!! WOOOO! OVER HERE!!!"
I had to hide the bottle in the shed. It taunted me with it's peonyness. It was unstoppable. An Eric-Zoolander-One-Look like of scent - "ONE SCENT!".

At least, it was cheap on ebay second hand. And i have friends with very differnt taste who love it when i offload my olfactory mistakes onto them.
The friend who took it from me, she loved it. And it smelled good on her, bizzare the way that happens.

possumke
possumke

I own and Love Pivoine Angel. I have to say that I prefer it even over the Original Angel now. If I compare the two, which are undboubtedly related in smell... the big difference to me is that the original seems to have a strong coconut note, and Pivoine/peony has a more distinctive floral peony smell, with a lovely sweet musky dry down. Lasting power is good, and after a couple of hours of wear, on me becomes a softer skin scent. It draws compliments (even from other women) and I hope that they will not discontinue this one.

misscareyann
misscareyann

Sweet Peony opening! The top of Pivoine Angel is sweet, clear, and so beautiful. Definitely fresh for an Angel flanker.
It fades into an 'Angel' like scent, but a lighter, more subdued version.
I get no powder in the opening, but as it dries, it takes on a bit of powdery vanilla.
I like Pivoine Angel more than the original, and Violette Angel. It is less 'in your face', and more delicate.
It is the only version of Angel I can remotely see myself wearing.

RkrChk
RkrChk

I just got a sample spray vial of this scent...It's wearing nicely on me right now; the beginning opened up powdery, like Gucci Rush (but not as strong), and then it slowly changed to a light bunch of peonies, tied with soft stems of green...I'll have to see how it ends...

rithacha
rithacha

Pivoine Angel, to my nose, does not bear much resemblance to the original. The similarities are there somewhere in the deep drydown, but for the most part Pivoine Angel explores an entirely novel combination of green peony and pepper.

The floral aspects truly stand out with the peony-rose duo, thus rendering what is supposed to be a softer touch to the aggressively gourmand Angel. The pepper-patchouli would have been nicer as an accent, but I feel like they were mixed in with too heavy a hand; the overall impression borders on harsh and masculine. Pivoine Angel is fairly linear from start to finish, although it sweets and softens into musk towards the end of its considerable lifetime.

I definitely give Thierry Mugler kudos for another unconventional and distinctive fragrance; it doesn't easily smell like anything else on the market. And the lasting power and sillage are powerful. Two edp sprays and I'm set for at least five hours.

I'd complain that it's too strong, though. One spray, and suffered severe pepper-patchouli headaches in the car during commute. Pivoine Angel comes off incredibly uncomfortable and off-balance on my skin.

Marketed as "sparkling and carefree. A light enchantment of the senses." As furniture spray, maybe.

PIVOINE ANGEL is a *very* floral and nongourmand take on the original ANGEL, with peony dominating from the outset and through to the fade away. The classic ANGEL vanilla patchouli drydown never manages to overtake the heavy floral sillage, which will appeal only to those who love peony!

This is the same somewhat aggressive peony featured in EL PLEASURES and FERRAGAMO, in addition, I believe, to another Olivier Cresp creation which I find utterly unwearable, NOA FLEUR. In PIVOINE ANGEL, the peony note does not, however, make me cringe, so I may have made unjust accusations in the past about "synthetic peony"--not that it was synthetic (which it probably was and is) but that it made me ill.

Still, although I can wear PIVOINE ANGEL, it's my least favorite of the Jardin d'etoiles and I won't being adding this one to my collection, since I am about peonied out. Of the four, I prefer LA ROSE (though it smells like orchids!) and VIOLETTE.

adele l
adele l

This one smells like a strong version of Love's Baby Soft on me, very girlish..maybe different according to body chemistry? It's my least favorite of the Garden of Stars. That said it may be easier to wear for those who can't tolerate the original Angel-Pivione is softer in some respects.

jasonx
jasonx

This is the mostly manly smelling fragrance in my 99% men fragrances wardrobe (yeah, cuz I'm a guy). I do wish the flowery topnotes last longer though

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I love this!! Got a sample today and the peony is just perfect!!! Thierry Mugler is the best!!!!

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

This one is ok for me,I love sweet frags,and this dont make exception,but original Angel just dont work on my skin,its too hard for me,Peony Pivoine is much better :)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Another huge disappointment after trying Mugler's Rose :-(
I love peonies in nature and I must say that perfume does not remind me peonies at all, my mum used to have garden full of peonies and there is no way that perfume smells like them!!!
The lasting power is somehow better than Le Rose but my first association when I smelled my wrist was that of crayons' smell :-) no peonies!!!!
After about an hour the fragrance started to remind me of flowers but these were still not peonies!!!!
The fragrance bacame a bit bitter and after another 5 hours it changed to sour, I was so annoyed and confused! I thanked God I bought only small bottle of that perfume but I was so sure that I was going to love it!
I tried so far all 4 Garden Flowers and I must say that although I felt sceptical about Le Lys and Le Violette - I actually fell in love with them!!!!
To peonies' lovers: Don't jump into getting yourself a big bottle, just try it first as the lasting power isn't too bad, but I just could not smell any peonies in it!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this scent. The peppered peony kept me fully engaged in the fragrance experience, and the green notes made it feel crisp and floral. The spirit of Angel was still very present, but I didn't get a headache from it. Who knew I liked peony? Usually fragrances this overtly floral don't work well for me. Eventually it dried down into a delicate musky scent laced with peony. I can't wait to try it during summer.

Perhaps not as pretty as the other fragrances in the Garden of Stars range in my opinion, yet still not something that has left me unimpressed.

Pivoine Angel is rather strong from beginning to end. Rich with patchouli, pepper and peony, this fragrance is more bold than pretty.

What makes this fragrance stand out over and above the other scents in this series is its lack of sweetness. Pivoine Angel is quite raw and simplistic, the vanilla is barely there.

The drydown is the only relief from this very busy and loud fragrance, which turns surprisingly soapy and musky on my skin.

Although the lasting power is well above average, this lasted the shortest out of all the scents in the Garden of Stars series.

sjanira
sjanira

I got this as a sample from when I did a trade here. It had the name on the tag but not the designer. I'm not familiar with Thierry Muglers perfumes as most stink to me. As soon as I sniffed this I didn't like it and when I found out if was from Thierry it didn't surprised me.

SandraS
SandraS

I am a fan of Angel and even Angel La Rose. I've try the peony and don't find it a flanker of Angel. To me its a complety different scent and the drydown has a distinctive musky note on my skin. Angel is an uplifting scent to me and Angel Pivoine is just the oposite. The Musk completly obliterates the freshness of Pivoine. I don't feel the peper note at all, which is a favourite of mine. Never thought it could happen... Angel failed me for the first time.

Cherub573
Cherub573

This was my least favorite of the "Garden of Stars". This particular one smelled the strongest to me. The patchouli, pepper, and green notes were too much.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

This scent is balancing between grandeur natural beauty of the flower and delicate fragrance at heart. It's all about being luxuriant and fragile at the same time, spectacular in looks and sensitive in touch. This enchanting contrast is geniously expressed by Olivier Cresp.

black bacarra
black bacarra

OMG! I smelled cumin which strongly resembles underarm BO. It smells great the first minute then BO and a slight baby urine lingers on my skin. So not for me!

F_A
F_A

This fragrance has a very strong and pure peony note and for my nose it's quite far from the original Angel. Unfortunately on my skin it leaves the smell of soap at the end.

jeca
jeca

This scent I like more than the other Angel Garden scents. Sweet notes with pure peony, very tender.

2007

Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel by Thierry Mugler 3.62 out of 5 based on 263 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Garden Of Stars - Pivoine Angel by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.