Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Violet is another flower from Thierry Mugler’s wonderful garder. The violet is thin, sweet and elegant, in union with sweet and woody components of Angel, which sounds very interesting. There are violet leaves and sugar in the top notes, whereas the heart is composed of violets and woody notes. The base contains patchouli and vanilla. The creator of this parfume, which was launched in 2005, is Francoise Caron.

More about famous Thierry Mugler Angel perfume!

Violet Leaf Hiacynth Sugar

Violet Woodsy Notes

Patchouli Oakmoss Vanilla

Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel Fragrance Reviews

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

This is far better than the original Angel in my opinion. I got none of the sweat/body odour scent from this thankfully! Longevity was dissappointing though, probably 4-5 hours at best.

foxy_princess

The reviewer below me did what i did! this was my mums signature fragrance back when it was around. i searched everywhere for a full size bottle but no luck, and any that i did find were ridiculously expensive. So i went on ebay and bought 20 x 1.5 ml samples for £8.99! now i have 30 mls of an old discontinued favourite. i do not give a hoot about having the fancy bottle. the beauty is purely in the fragrance. when you smell it you get a whiff of fresh green violet leaves and a sweet trail of crushed sugar, smokey patchouli and of course, the powdery violets <3

Silage: Not enormous as when I first wore it, the few bottles left in circulation today are old so the silage is a bit lower than before. However it is noticeable when you walk past people!

Lasting power: 6-8 hours, lasts forever on clothes!

Season: I wear this in the spring and summer months. It makes me feel like I'm in a forbidden forest surrounded by the sounds of chirping birds and insects.

muncierobson
muncierobson

WOW!

Fresh, sweet and green. Smells like parma violets (the sweets)!

Violet, lily and fresh green violet leaf stand out. These sit on traces of the trademark patchouli and vanilla. I'm really starting to love this 'garden of stars' collection, it is a shame it's discontinued!

However, I got 30ml of sample sprays for less than £10!

Long lasting and projects moderately/heavily!

#winning

tstarshine
tstarshine

This is Angel but softer with a light purple gentle attitude. An understated kind of classy. Still though, longevity and sillage are very much there. There is no mistake that this is Angel, refined. The violet leaf balances out the vanilla perfectly. Ever so lovely is this Angel.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

I am obsessed about this one!!! So unlike anything else I've ever worn..I can smell the violets with the classic Angel formula in it..It's warm and sexy, the base notes stay and stay in your pores after many hours..I love to still be able to smell it in my pores while showering at the end of the day and spraying it on my sheets before bed is heavenly!

divasg
divasg

I have a 25ml bottle of this I do not want. Open for swap or purchase! Sprayed only twice but I can't stand the smell.

Bring it back!!!

Ouch!
Ouch!

There really is only a tinge of what "Angel" is in this fragrance and what that is, is the patchouli. This has Mugler's particular choice of patchouli that is found in Angel but the quantity that it's used in very understated.

Other than that? this is an entirely new fragrance.

It smells like sugary sweet violets, with an airy almost candy tone to them. It's nothing like the beast that is Angel. I wouldn't even say that this is typical of a Mugler fragrance but I'm not saying it's bad. Man...is it pretty? YES! This is like a fairy perfume.

Very sweet, soft and vanillary violets with a very subtle patchouli is what you get with this and it's not overly complicated, it's just that....pretty, sweet and safe.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Angel Violette opens with Angel's signature patchouli + vanilla/sugar combo. I initially worried about the sugar being watery sweet. Luckily it's smoothened by vanilla. However, the patchouli seems a little bit sharper compared to the other three Garden Stars, but still, it's been toned down a lot compared to the original. And as usual, the patch + sweetness combo smells like chocolate.

Violette doesn't evolve dramatically. The Angel base is softened by violet leaf, hiacynth and violet but none of them is distinctive enough. After 1 or 2 hours later, like sofiii mentioned, the scent did remind me of the cherry + licorice combo in Jesus del Pozo in Black.

It turns into a skin scent after about 5 hours. The vanilla and sugar mellow while herbal notes become more prominent. It lasts about 8 hours in total and the sillage is relatively soft.

Violette is indeed Angel but softened by violet. However, if you're looking for an unusual violet prominent fragrance, I might not recommend it as first choice.

fire2heart
fire2heart

I own Angel, but my husband hates it and has it hidden in storage somewhere, hahaha! I saw the reviews for this and I love violet and powdery scents, found a great deal and had to buy this.

I love the opening! Most sugar sweet scents don't come across as too sweet on me, and this is the case with Violette Angel. It is not a punch in the nose like regular Angel is. I can smell the hyacinth very strong in the top notes for the first 15 mins or so.

Oddly enough, though, is that I can smell the violets when my nose is close to my wrist after the opening notes but the scent in the air around me is of the original Angel, only subdued. I imagine it's the patchouli, it's a very distinct and different from any patchouli I've detected in any other perfume.

I had it on my wrists when I was around my husband and he didn't make comment, so I'm guessing he didn't detect anything, yay!

It's been about 3 hours that it's been on me and the violets have faded away, along with most of the patchouli and I can detect a spicy vanilla.

Once he goes to work, I'm going to give it a full tryout and not just a few drops on my wrist and come back and update my findings. Stay tuned.....

I just hope my husband doesn't mind this perfume or I'll have to only enjoy it when he is not around!

UPDATE:
I tried a little on my wrists the other night around my husband and son. My son said it's ok, but wow did I hear about it the next morning from my husband about how awful he thinks it is! Bummer that I'll only be able to wear it when he is not around :(

camarillo
camarillo

gahh... sweet perfume but really to strong :|

icingsugar
icingsugar

My favourite from the range, angel with a fizzy opening of sweet violet...I have finally found an angel I love!

goingblonde
goingblonde

First spray way to potent ,
with in minutes settles into a powdery Violet that is rather un-remarkable.
Powder is of talcum type scent not baby powder .

After a few hours all the powder disappeared & it became a lovely soft Violet scent that I really like .

Hrisi
Hrisi

I hate Thierry Mugler and patchouli, but like this fragrance, don't know why....it's just beautiful long lasting with great power violet perfume!

finanna
finanna

My two cents: nice, inoffensive, soft mod-lasting fragrance (I get about 6hours). Not much like the original, the patchouli is there, ethylmaltol is not. Some sweetness and powder, more violet leafs than violettes toulouse. If it had more projection, I would feel very sad about finishing my bottle. Now, it's just a perfume I like wearing but will not miss when it is gone.

Recommended for patchouli lovers who do not like Angel. Gourmand lovers will likely be disappointed.

deagemini
deagemini

A wonderfull parfume.....

KasiaS
KasiaS

First of all, thank you blueberry, sweetie, for the sample!
This is a nice fragrance, but O, MY, does it ressemble the discontinued Envy Me 2 by Gucci! Same wet-powder, fresh and talky feel on a patchouli bed. Just incredible. This one has much better longevity, though.
Much different from the original, I dare say - totally different. You might want to give it a try if you liked EM2 and, yes, Insolence by Guerlain.

blueberry
blueberry

Violette stands out from the rather bland and boring Pivoine and Lys, and sweet and well-behaved Rose in the Garden set of Angel's flankers.

This one is for a bold, a bit brusque and uncompromising woman who says: "take it or leave it and don't waste my time". In a black leather jacket, she burns tires with loud roaring when driving off from the underground parking lot on her motorbike. All this imagery is a result of the rubbery and gasoline effect the distinctive violets (both as flower and leaf) give off. By no means is this unpleasant - treated with a huge dose of sugar (luckily not syrupy and sickly sweet) and vanilla the concoction is quite intriguing to the senses, even though the synthetic vibe may show up every now and again. Then comes the patchouli (not enough for me, though) and the story ends after 6 hours, which is not bad at all for a flanker.

I wouldn't say it is very Angel-like in the drydown (Rose version does it better), but the impression of "naughtiness" is very much in line with what I get from the original perfume. Definitely a nice option for those who can't wear Angel EDP or EDT, but look for a statement fragrance, with a dark aura, but lesser longevity and sillage.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i love violet scents and i love angel but this one just didn't hit me the way i thought a combination of things i love would. its a pretty scent but i won't buy it again. would still go back to the original angel.

LufuFaerydae
LufuFaerydae

Candied violets so whimsically placed on top of a vanilla cake, meant to be placed outside at dusk in a woodland area for faries to come from their hiding places and eat this treat using violet leaves as a plate and clinking glasses filled with patchouli nectar. This is a celebration of youth, joy, and light hearted magic, all captivated inside this bottle. I love this more than the angel toilette and hope that there will be a re launch similar to the garden of stars someday.

fath1ma
fath1ma

Perfect violet! The name, Garden of stars - Violette describing perfectly for its scent! I love it, not the kind scent that I had already :) and I don't see the relativity, similarity, with other also.

Devrinna
Devrinna

At first it smelled on me just like Angel, but later my skin turned this into Chopard's Wish! Love it, it is very delicate and soft. Here were I live the weather is hot right now, and I don't find this scent cloying, it's really wearable!

moonwalker
moonwalker

I must have encountered somebody with a similar perfume in my childhood... and I apparently didn't like the smell. Anyway, on me this perfume smells way too sweet, artificial. In fact, it smells really cheap and synthetic. It also makes me nauseous. My first encounter with Angel range didn't go quite as I had hoped.

misteriouswind
misteriouswind

I find this a lovely smell....like chocolate,vanilla,sugar. Sweet and warm. It can be wear during the day and night, in my opinion. Love Love Love.

flowerstar
flowerstar

I got a tester of this after trying Penhaglion's Violetta which is lovely. This however, is nothing like it at all, I can't smell the violet. It is incredibly strong and has a sickly sweetness which seems like vanilla to me, my bf said coconuts. I had to scrub it off; trouble is after 6 or 7 washings I can still smell it and I HATE it! Actually made me feel nauseous. Something in there rank and rotten. YUK!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I have a sample of this one, and I really love it, not just because it´s a mugler´s fragrance, but it´s a great fragrance,very sweet and pleasent scent, I hope I can get one of this soon.. It´s a must have for me Definelly..

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I just put this on about 15 minutes ago, the extreme sweetness knocked me for a loop at the start, it might still be a bit too sweet, but it growing on me.

emi_artist
emi_artist

I'm not surprised that the great Francoise Caron was behind Angel La Violette. In my opinion this is the best of all the versions of Angel, a softer, more feminine, less in-your-face version of the classic Thierry Mugler perfume, which sometimes can wear you rather than the other way round.

Angel La Violette opens with a very sugary and violet-like top note, which lingers for a very long time, after which it warms to the patchouli and woody notes almost in synchronicity, with the wood staying at the back and melding with the patchouli to add depth to the sweet violet-vanilla-sugar element.

Many violet perfumes can be too overly powdery and "staid". I think the other notes mellow the powder and add a sweet facet to Angel La Violette, preventing the violet from being too Victorian. A great modern violet scent for a romantic evening.

I mostly wear perfume for my own enjoyment and study, but I must add that this is one of the few perfumes my boyfriend comments on without me asking if he likes it: in fact every time I wear it he makes approving remarks. Bonus!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

If you love violets this will knock your socks off!! I remember when I first smelled it I was totally blown away by it! I'd never tried anything like it before. Like the other Garden of Stars fragrances, it is VERY long lasting. This one is very sugary/violet, but if you love going into overdrive with your scents, then you must try it. Never do things by half measure I say!

glitterlust
glitterlust

I adore this as a violet scent as it smells the most like an actual violet flower out of anything else I've tried.

It opens with a terribly sweet note that is very similar to Angel. After 10 minutes this disappears (much to my delight) and the violets begin to bloom. Green, sweet and delicious.

This lasts for a long time while patchouli adds depth and power. Like Angel, this scents lasts for days and projects through doorways and round street corners.

aray
aray

To me this is a lighter, more wearable version of Lolita Lempicka. It's basically LL minus the licorice and the star anise, which takes a good bit of "darkness" out of the scent. Now, whether that's a good or a bad thing certainly depends on personal taste but I think it's a nice alternative or for occasions that do call for a scent that's a little tamer than LL.. ;)

Zinderella
Zinderella

I agree with One :) it does smell like the original Angel to me, but softer/gentler and with a sprinkling of violets floating on top.
Original Angel is too "something" for me.. too much something... and it reminds me of so many scantily clad, miniskirted Saturday night teenagers waiting to enter the dance clubs in the main street of town.
At the moment I only have a sample vial of Violet Angel, but every time I wear a little, I cant stop smelling my wrist :)

melia
melia

A merely recognisable Angel here. Allready from the beginning it has this sweet greenish note which my nose interpetates as 'fruity'. Later on it's quite woody and sweet actually, but in controversion to Angel le Lys, the whole Angel-charactre is completely gone. That is not a bat thing, but I don't think it really fits as a flanker of Angel. It actually lacks a bit orginality too... Still it's nice, and being a sweet and not to quiet fragrance it could easily be worn to an evening at the bar or club.

seatonica
seatonica

Wow! A big, blowsy violet in full bloom - no dewy creature this and therefore not for the faint-hearted. Knocks your socks off, as you would expect. Thoroughly purple. Love it!

FunkyTomo

Got my 25ml bottle ( new and sealed) off eBay today .......Oh how i love eBay for discontinued perfumes !!

Wonderful, gorgeous bottle that has taken pride of place on my dressing table..........cant stop sniffing my wrist .

Just lovely.

FunkyTomo

IM a big TM fan , but the original Angel is the least favorite TM fume of mine. ITs just too chocolate , too sweet , too something i cant put my finger on - but i know i dont like it !

I got Violette Angel as a sample vial in my local freindly shop this friday ( I had a date on the same eve) . I had a tiny sniff when i got home , WOW - LOVED IT from the first violet blast of powdery sweetness!

I decided to forgo my usual Signature Scent of Alien , and use the tester vial for the evening out instead. A bit of a risk seen as id not yet given it a full "Test run " !! I made the right decision

Now usually I'm a heavy sprayer ... and a test vial is nowhere near enough for a full eve usually ...But with this it definitely WAS enough ! A Little goes a long way with this one.

Me n my Beau could smell it all eve ( he loved it too!) , I could also still smell the dry down of it the next day - So 10/10 for longevity. I also got plenty of "you smell great , what fume is it ?" type comments from other ladies :)

A beautiful scent if your not a fan of the original Angel and love Violet . The violet note is strong , but i liked that.

9/10 - I will definitely be buying a full size bottle of this ( IM praying now it hasn't been discontinued like most of the scents i like!)

The scent is such good quality you really only do need a little spray ! I still had a little bit of the tester left the next eve , which i layered on top of my TM Alien - That made a heady and intoxicating mix which i will also be doing again

MUst try some of the other Violet fumes ive discovered on this site ASAP :)

Karuna
Karuna

On my skin, just like in the classic Angel, wet, brackish patchouli clearly dominates the vanilla. Therefore Violet Angel doesn't smell like a candy or cookie. It has more floral than confectionery notes.
Indeed, the opening is very sweet, powdery, but from the first moments also clearly smells like fresh, vivid violets; with their velvety, fragrant petals, mossy, dark, succulent leaves, growing in the shadows, hidden from the rays of sun in moist thicket.
It smells also wet, like a humid soil that nourished these charming, modest flowers- it's the note of patchouli, so characteristic for the whole "Angel's family" .
Violet Angel does not evolve distinctly, nor develops surprisingly. And when it "sits" on the skin, it's offering many hours of delicate sweet scent of violets- and for that, I love this perfume.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

To my nose this is exactly what it says it is, Angel with violets, lots of them. On my skin it is incredibly sweet-violetty and stays that way for hours with the woodyness very much in the background. I also have La Rose and on me, Violet is every bit as imposing. I would only wear this in the office in small quantities for fear of overwhelming those who do not share my passion for perfume!

I have also smelt this on my sister and I was amazed to find that she just flattens the violets within 5 minutes, so I can see where all the people are coming from who say it isn't very violetty at all. It seems to come down to chemistry whether this one will work for you or not.

One
One

I think this version of Angel suits people who are looking for a softer version of Angel better then the one who are looking for a violet perfume. I find Angel quite strong and was hoping to find a softer version with clear violet notes. I barely smell the violets; to me it smells like angel with some violet "sprinkled" at the beginning.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Tested it on my hand yesterday, and on my hand it first smelled ok,then it started to smell like pure sweat, it was so awful!!!!!!!!!! Today i am testing it on my throat,ready to run to the shower if it starts to smell sweat. What an odd scent i must say.

Edit: Have tested it again on the hand, and still it smells like sweat there. On my throat it smells ok,a bit sweet. Lucky for me it is just a sample.

imellie
imellie

It was awful for the first few minutes, smelt like strong sweet alcohol. But then it started to grow a little on me. Hmm. Not my style tho.

NellyBlack
NellyBlack

i hate the original angel cause its too overpowering for me...
but this one is lighter and more gentle, its awesome for winther/fall or evening :)

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

This one isn't a field of violets like Penhaligon's Violette for example, only a pale shade of violets on the background. It is not as bright as my favourite Rose angel is, but I like this fragrance for it's lightness, softness and sweetness. It's perfect for day and office.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I had high hopes for this, but I don't smell any violet at all, what I get is a nose full of pineapple! My most violet-smelling perfume to date has been Aimez-Moi by Caron. The underlying Angel smell is much easier to take in this version than the original Angel, which hits you in the nose and sinuses like a mouthful of wasabi! That being said, if I hadn't been expecting violets I would still quite like to wear this pretty perfume occasionally from a vial, but would not fork out for a bottle. After the pineapple disappears, you are are still left with....Angel.

misscareyann
misscareyann

I love the very top notes of Violette Angel. It's sweet and charming. Then it becomes too powdery and musty on my skin. Once the mustiness calms an hour or so later, Violette Angel is a pleasant, soft vanilla violet, but not my cup of tea at all.

nyoka
nyoka

THis is a long cool drink of water on a hot,humid day.There arent many that fit this description!I hate angel but,I love this.Violets are such small flowers but they contain alot of fragrance.This is soft but,not too soft.And,it lasts! I use to grow violets on my window sill.I was greeted by their beauty and sweet scent every morning.When i wanted to root one for another plant,I would pinch one of the leaves off and put it into water.That leaf scent is all on its own,wonderful.That leafy smell cuts down on the honeyd sweetness.When after a few weeks the roots would appear,they had a oakmossy,patchouli woody scent .Its in heretoo!I dont smell so much the vanilla but thats ok.Ill just let all the glorius violets overtake me and transport me to that mythical garden.

arianperfume
arianperfume

This is such a sweet lovely perfume, it smells like candied violettes indeed, reminds me a lot of Caron 's Aimez Moi but sweeter, last very long , amazing sillage, the best in the garden series in my opinion.

Maki
Maki

Oh..the comment of Jillzilla makes me want to test this fragrance! The thing is: My boyfriend LOVES the original Angel, but I find it a little too 'warm' and too outspoken.
But if this is a lighter and more breezy version of it...
Mmmm...well...Might work out alright!

Thanks Jillzilla!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I can smell it's relation to the original Angel, but on the whole this fragrance is much fresher and cleaner. I can see how it might appeal to more people.

I normally have difficulty with violet notes, but the sugar, woody notes, and patchouli really balanced the violet on my chemistry. It feels modern and feminine in the top and heart notes, but the oakmoss gives the base a slightly retro-au-natural feel to me. At first I thought I was smelling a bit of musk, but I see no musk note listed. Anyhow, by the time it has dried down, it reminds me of the musk scents I used to smell wafting off my grandmother in the early '80's.

It feels more natural and breezy than the original Angel, and I give it a thumbs up, but I'm not sure yet whether it's for me.

lucifera
lucifera

hmm the better version of angel indeed! great lasting power indeed, love it
perfect 10, its suiteable for warmer weather too!

VIOLETTE ANGEL is a vast improvement over the original ANGEL. The lightly sweetened violets mingle immediately with violet leaf and oakmoss, giving an almost green chypre quality. All of this in place of the "everything but the kitchen sink" gourmand smorgasbord buffet in the original, which I find pretty tough to swallow and even more difficult to digest.

The drydown of VIOLETTE ANGEL is that oh-so-familiar ANGEL patchouli vanilla. Most of the green chypre and violet have flown away leaving a pleasing, long-lasting layer very similar to the ANGEL drydown. I would consider adding this entirely wearable edp to my collection, but it is really for patchouli lovers only.

Amethyststar
Amethyststar

I loved this for about 30 minutes--the violet was heavenly--but now the strong scent of chocolate has taken over, and I cannot stand food smell with flowers. Why do I smell chocolate when it's not in the ingredients? So I am STILL searching for my perfect violet fragrance!

adele l
adele l

Love the original angel... this is very strong sweet violet on me, and holy hell the violets actually overtake the Angel base in the first leg! Didn't think that was possible..I really couldn't abide it the first time I tried it. It's utterly frightening but Violet Angel is growing on me! Did TM surreptitiously add crack to it?

libertybelle
libertybelle

Yes, sweet at first application but that mellows. I personally do get a resemblence to the original Angel but less sweet and overpowering. I do enjoy violets and it takes a few minutes or so for the greeness of the violet leaves to come out which is welcome. I think this fragrance is great for a cold day. Of course, good sillage and longevity. I like but probably not enough to purchase but I'd wear if gifted.

greate amazing parfym !!

it"s delicios violets amazin parfym 100 stars

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Wow this is a very deep and woodsy violetty fragrance..i am in love! Thierry Mugler just drives me nuts ^_^

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I was extremely sceptical as I have never been a big fan of violets, I thought, what the heck, it was long time ago, my taste might have changed so I gave it a try...just to fall in love with it :-)
It is velvety sweet, different than any other violet based perfume, it is delicious at first but after half an hour it becomes really violetty :-) romantic and nostalgic...like walking down the meadow on a sunny warm day...
That perfume is like the most beautiful organza shawl worn on an evening night out...
Gorgeous!
12 hours lasting power makes it my favourite - the quality you'd expect from Mugler :-)

milena
milena

Although I'm not a fan of angel this particular little gem is not bad.Only bought it because it was on special and to my surprise smells nice on me.Sweet but not overly and has that slight violet smell.
Lasting power is good.

mymlan
mymlan

Violette Angel is soo much better than original Angel, which I find overpowering and suffocating. The warm and foody note that original Angel has is not prevailing here. This is a clear but still very strong floral fragrance, only slightly softened by sheer violets. The bottle is beautiful, but as I'm looking for thick sweet velvety violets I think I will do without Violette Angel. At least for this time beeing.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This wasn't bad the Violette was tastefully infused into Angel perfume.This one reminds me of a lighter softer Boudior by Westwood.The bottle is stunning.

JML LEE
JML LEE

i was really shocked that i liked this perfume coz i really hate angel its become one of my favorite perfumes ive learnt to try different versions of perfumes even if i dont like the orginal perfume:-)

truffles
truffles

I too love the smell of violets.
However this perfume gets a resounding NO from me.
The little violet touch was pleasant but kept playing hide and seek and the base of this fragrance is simply Angel.
Angel to me is crass, there's nothing feminine about it. To me it is a clumsy aftershave in the same stable as Kouros. A strange smell which I never want to wear again!

This smells exactly like Chopard's Wish!

I love the smell of violets when they are not too strong or too powdery. In this fragrance they are perfect.

Violette Angel is delicate, fresh, green and sweet. It is surprisingly quite warm and comforting, almost like a cashmere blanket draped over your shoulders. I'll agree with Happyme2009 that this is indeed a Wintery scent.

I love that this fragrance is sweet without being too sweet. Forget cotton candy, think lightly sugared violets, powdery almost.

This is by far my favourite from the Garden of Stars collection. I loved it the moment I sprayed it, even before I let it develop. And let me tell you, the drydown is divine. Soft and powdery vanilla with the slightest hint of violet.

Once again the sillage and lasting strength does not disappoint, Thierry Mugler fragrances rarely do. This fragrance gets the thumbs up from me.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Great winter perfume, definitely not for any other season; very strong, wished it had less angel and more violet in it; reminds me of fresh lilac too, which is nice; very lady like perfume, mature and serious, sophisticated, elegant; needs an occasion to be worn, heavy and not easy to match; much better than the original angel, which gives me headaches. A statement perfume, for a powerful and confident woman. Love it some days, and some not....

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I am not sure if I hate the "violet" note for fragrances in general, or if I just hate this fragrance in particular-I know I rather dislike patchouli although I tolerate it in the original Angel.Not only does it smell musty and dusty on me, it smells sweet in a way worthy of me being called "a phony" if I wear this, à la Holden Caulfield...

Cherub573
Cherub573

This was the only "Garden of Stars" version I found interesting. The patchouli wasn't as strong, and it was more of a fresh, floral sweetness than the others.

Malegria
Malegria

I liked it more the Angel of Lilies.Sweet, but not deadly sweet on my skin, and the violet note is really pretty.The patchouli base is great - somehow the scent in the base reminds me of Eden by Cacharel - sweet, gentle patchouli.

Issveig
Issveig

Sweet, sensual, feminine but not banal or too sugary. Very dreamy and fairytale-like.
After one spritz I swear I smell lime tree blossom, very creamy and sultry in a positive way. Then, after some time it turns into a bit powdery scent - you can smell muddy violets (big influence of patchouli)with some woodsy notes and clean vanilla.
This is the one that I like the most from the Garden Of Stars collection.

Angel with Violet. I love the violet bit, but the underlying body odor note is here, too, just like in the original and it ruins the whole thing for me.

Carla
Carla

If your fascination of violets runs rampid this one might be for you. The vivaciousness of the vibrant violet leaves along with the sweetness of the violet flower are plentiful and in full force like a purple rain in it's first two stages. In stage three the patchouli and vanilla produce a calming powdery effect, yet the depth of the strength is still vivid. This is bold and soft at the same time so those who choose to wear this must be confident. This is not a shy scent so "shrinking violets" wear with caution.

elgab89
elgab89

The gourmand tonalities of the original Angel are played down in this romantic and warm perfume. On the obvious side, you have the violets beautifully captured. The dry down is more woody than expected which I have found quite pleasing.
I do like this version more than the Angel.

F_A
F_A

This is the second fragrance after La Rose that i like from the Garden of stars collection. This scent is very soft, warm and nicely sweet. I really love its smell of powdery violets,- reminds me Guerlain Insolence EDP a little:)

barbiot35
barbiot35

I'm disappointed about this perfume...I was expecting much flowery and much original scent from the name "violet angel"...

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I like this one better than the original Angel, but it's not one I am really fond of. The violet notes in this one turns very musty and dusty smelling on me. 2 of 5 stars.

Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel by Thierry Mugler 3.90 out of 5 based on 301 ratings and 76 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Garden Of Stars - Violette Angel by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.