Designers » T-Z » Leather « Groups

Angel Les Parfums de Cuir Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

leather
Angel Les Parfums de Cuir Thierry Mugler for women Videos

Thierry Mugler is launching new limited edition collection Les Parfums de Cuir ("The Fragrances of Leather"), which offers new editions of Angel, Alien, Womanity and A * Men perfumes, coming out in October 2012. This collection celebrates the twentieth birthday of Thierry Mugler perfumes. For the occasion, four new interpretations of the famous fragrances enriched with natural extracts of leather are presented. This concept combines haute perfumery and the traditional craft of glove making and perfume craft.

The new fragrances are made by soaking the original compositions in natural leather for four weeks.

Angel Les Parfums de Cuir resulted in the leathery gourmand character and accented accord of iris and apricot.

The feminine editions are given new and unique bottle design, while the masculine one retains its original shape. Each scent comes with a logo on the cap, which marks the 20th anniversary. The fragrances are available in Eau de Parfum concentration.

Melon Coconut Leather Mandarin Orange Cassia Jasmine Cotton Candy Bergamot

iris Apricot Leather Honey Black Currant Plum Peach Orchid Red Berries Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Leather Vanilla Musk Caramel Dark Chocolate

Black Orchid
The Taste of Fragrance Angel

Angel Les Parfums de Cuir Fragrance Reviews

shivabglr
shivabglr

I'm not particularly an Angel fan, but I love a well-done leather scent, so I thought I'd give this a try,

this flanker is a lot more different from the original scent-wise, than many other flankers (haven't tried them all!)

overall it's a soft fruity and delicious leather, a little smoky and a little rubbery,
has definitely got a creamy animalic vibe (coming from the honey or perhaps the leather) which I personally find very attractive and irresistible,
and with a touch of Angel signature which is the delicious combo of patchouli and chocolate,

it's a less harsh and very smoother Angel, which is less sweet and more soft and fruity,

sillage and longevity are crazy, I can easily smell it all day,

sometimes I get a cherry vibe from it which makes me wonder if there's tobacco in it, but then again I'm thinking it's the dried fruits that I'm smelling and mistaking for tobacco/cherry..

this smells like a leather jacket that has a delicious chocolately caramely fruity perfume applied on it several days ago, and the wearer has smoked or has been near a smoker!

masculine it's not imho! some men might find it soft or sweet for their taste, but this is as unisex and the original Angel and its other flankers...

seriously how do they come up with such perfect formulas at TM?!

too fruity for my taste, but still really great

♡♡♡♡

Alyssa79
Alyssa79

This perfume is an addiction for me.

I found it in Marshall's and took the chance of buying based on the reviews here and am not disappointed. It's one those I would have felt guilty about had I not purchased it due to the original Angel not working with my chemistry but this one does 1,000%.

It's manly and in your face, then decides to soften and back off a bit, and finally smoothes out deciding to mark it's place and stay.

I get menthol in the opening…almost like a Bengay type of scent… and then the morphing fun begins. I smell bits of Angel in the middle..definitely some patchouli, some vanilla and then BAM! the leather comes out to play.

Longitivity is superb along with silage.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Angel rocked my world the first time I smelled it. The subsequent flanking fragrances have made me a little sad, honestly. Not that some of them haven't been good. Flanks just make me think of parents who are trying to relive their glory days by making their kids play the same sport in which they themselves once excelled.

But sometimes a kid comes along and shows even greater talent than good ol' dad did, and when that happens, all the ranks of angels rejoice: everybody wins!

Angel Cuir is like that. Less pretty and more handsome, with the same opening of black currant, caramel and chocolate. But instead of evolving into vanilla, if you give AC five minutes, it will give you leather.

I've tapped out my ability to use sports metaphors. Like an ice cream sundae served in a brand new cowgirl boot!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

I'm tolerant of the original Angel, and I really like this flanker.

The opening is similar to the original, with the dirty patchouli note, but it is EXTREMELY toned down, and muted. Angel LP de Cuir is much less bitter, much less a mess of "jumbled up notes", and has more of a smooth, round, fuzzy suede feel. The drydown is absolutely delicious - the leather, chocolate and patchouli is such an interesting combination. Definitely delicious and comfortable without being a toothache.

I'm very glad that the leather note in this is more smooth, and nothing rubbery or overly synthetic. To an untrained nose on the street, they'd never guess there was any leather in this at all! It just adds an overall "more pleasant" tone to the fragrance.

The sillage on this one is also a little bit less intense than some of Thierry Mugler's other creations. I feel like I could ACTUALLY wear this somewhere without fumigating a building. I'm very pleased. It's actually very (uni)sexy.

As previously said below, this is something that you could try if you found the original Angel a little bit too far out of your comfort zone, or if those close to you couldn't handle Angel when you wore it!

BillyJean
BillyJean

I like cuir. I don't like Angel. 50/50 chance of liking it. I took the risk and bought a bottle. I can see how much effort went into preparing every detail of the elaborate packaging. Nevertheless it looks cheap. The silver star at the bottom of the bottle which wraps around it like a claw is made of plastic. The black leather pouch in which the bottle comes is actually made of composite leather. And the fragrance just like the little bag smells more like synthetic leather than anything else. I suppose if you are a perfume junkie you will just want to try it for yourself. But after trying it I see no purpose for this mish mash fragrance other than creating extra revenue. The black box looks mysterious and very VIP. You pull out the bottom part and see a black draw string bag. Inside is s golden bottle sparkling like a jewel. Nice. If only it contained a fragrance that I could actually love.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

This was what I hoped Fan di Fendi Extreme would be but at least I have Angel de Cuir to hit the spot for my gourmand leather cravings. I don't find this masculine like some of the other reviewers, on my skin it sits comfortably in the unisex, perhaps even leaning towards the feminine side (NOT if you like light sweet florals though). I agree with previous reviewers who say this has the tenacity of Angel before it got diluted through the years. It clings on to clothes for over 24 hours and is very much an "in your face" perfume. I prefer it now over my latest refill of Angel(which is a shadow of its former self). Angel de Cuir is a well-blended composition of fruity leather tinged with caramel, smooth tonka, a tinge of rose and lots of patchouli presence. The drydown is my favourite part, ambery fruity leather and patchouli heaven.

Norgirl
Norgirl

What a gorgeous Angel ( or should we say fallen Angel in leather pants ..:)
Im testing this for the second time , first time testing i found it very similar to the Taste of Fragrance angel . But this time the Leather comes out much stronger its not only leather but also the Blackurrant that is very dominent in the begining . This isent close to the original Angel IMO . its rather a more mellow and gental choco slightly smokey leather version of the Taste of fragrance who jumpes over the fruity begining of original angel . This goes straight to the choco part.
This is a warm treat , a truly sensual take on the beautiful seductive Angel. Must have for Angel Lovers . Nead to look up a bottle

adriana.rizzati
adriana.rizzati

I love leather perfume, and I love Angel, so I made a blind buy.
Indeed, I thought that the addition of a prominent note of leather would have turned Angel into an aggressive and animalic fragrance.
Well, the result is very different from what I've expected: Angel Les Parfum de Cuir is not a hotter version of Angel, it's a totally different fragrance.
Yes, I can detect many traditional note of Angel, but that single leather note has got the power to change definitely the style and the effect of the entire perfume.
I perceive Angel Les Parfum de Cuir like a mature, classy fragrance. The leather note is not sexy and wild, it's sophisticated like a luxury handbag, or like the scent of a fur coat.
The bold and sparkling sweetness of the traditional Angel is turned into the velvety mildness of a charming, fair woman.
Moreover, the sillage and the lasting power of this perfume are very different from the original: after 10 minutes the sillage is moderate, and after an hour the scent becomes quite close to the skin... but this is not a lack, this is very elegant and intriguing (especially if you are planning a dinner for two).
The difference between Angel and Angel Les Parfum de Cuir is the same you can find between sexuality and sensuality: if you want to be a heartbreaker you can try to wear Angel, but if you want to dedicate yourself to one single special person, you will wear Les Parfum de Cuir.
As far as I'm concerned, I love both of them!

22Elena22
22Elena22

I agree this has a very masculine opening, nothing like Angel, i feel 80% leather scent mixed with chocolate and caramel. After about an hour becomes very soft, like really really soft, i can barely feel some cholocate, caramel, vanilla, the leather is still there, but just like a ghost of that power from the begining... Sillage is very weak, stays really close to the skin, but the longevity of that after leather stays with me about 12 hours, I am not saying this is a bad flanker, but it's just a special-animalistic scent, i would say ideal both for strong women and men after their 30s.My boyfriend liked it i guess, he told me i smell candy-like, similar to Candy from Prada.

matty64
matty64

This has a close opening with the men's version, but then you get sweet apricot and patchouli aroma. The final dry down is a warm mocha chocolate with the opening of fine glove leather. Love, love, love this.

patrick-fragrancelover

I wanted to do an update on this fragrance. I did indeed purchase a bottle, and still, this is simply magnificent. Something about this flanker just works with my skin chemistry. The leather note oozes sensuality and takes Angel to a whole new level. I've not gone one day wearing it where people haven't complimented and questioned what I was wearing. A staple for my fall and winter fragrances, I am currently searching for another bottle before they are gone.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Whoa - not what I expected. I thought I was sampling the regular Angel - but, No! Cuir starts off with a medicinal, woody, downright piney patchouli...then the leather takes over and steals the stage. The original Angel peeks out occasionally but mostly what I get is menthol + leather with an occasional whiff of chocolate/cotton candy. Thought for sure that I had sampled a men's fragrance by mistake. Not for me.

(Update: 2 or 3 hours into the dry down the leather note tones down/burns off a bit and I get lots of tonka, more vanilla than chocolate, the leather is still there but it's not quite so pungent. Definitely an interesting one..)

pravda48
pravda48

Surprisingly this goes VERY powdery on me?? I agree entirely with the reviewer below who said it's SUEDE, NOT LEATHER that comes to mind here. Up front I get a LOT OF PLUM!! (Also surprised by that being the very obvious opening for my nose). As it starts to settle in I get lots of honey/cotton candy, and the musky patchouli + iris notes must be what's going so super powdery for my skin. Suede/cocoa are in there but that powder iris hits my nose hard up front and I'm not a fan of smelling my other scents through the silkening veil of iris. Too 'soft' in that sense (& only that sense) for my taste. Sillage? Great! One of the few my male roommate has complimented from a distance. (He enjoyed it.) Longevity? Killer, as ever. Definitely wonderful, just a bit too odd for me to decide if it's a keeper. Will test a few more times before deciding officially.

P.S. I find it very unisex, don't understand the 'masculine only' reviews, but to each their own! As I said, very sweet/powdery/plum scented to me, but a man could pull it off too. Just don't over apply, it will wear YOU instead of the other way around! (As w/ all Muglers I've tried)

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Thrilled to have gotten this! The original Angel is now only a shadow of it's former self--the cocoa toned down, the monster sillage gone. Angel cuir provides an interesting take on this classic. More masculine than the original, but still smooth, warm and wearable...I can detect the leather, and of course the unmistakable chocolate-patchouli blend. It's like catching whiffs of the Angel fragrance leaking inside an expensive leather purse! The gem-cut bottle and leatherette pouch add a special touch. Lasting power is around 6 hours on my skin.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

This is very much still Angel, but the leather tones it down a bit and adds sophistication and maturity. I'm not a huge Angel fan (in actuality, I don't really like Angel at all - it's too loud for me, and being a gal who gravitates toward heavy hitters, that's saying a lot), but this I like.

Edit: It's the dry-down that makes this one a winner. Several hours later, I smell a sweet, smokey, chocolatey leather. At this point, it's just an inch or so from my skin, but oh, what a lovely, subtle scent. Sadly, the loudness of the opening stages would not allow for close-quarters wear as in an office or classroom, but this would be a great fragrance for a date. Louder initially, a statement, that dries down to a subtle come-hither that lingers only in the most intimate of embraces. Very well done.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I don't understand all the love for this...
I tried it a long time back and it disgusted me back then already. Then I saw all these raving reviews and thought that maybe I smelled a bad batch or something. But the perfume was just launched back then, so that couldn't have been it...
Anyway, I tested it again yesterday and it was as how I remembered, just gross! Has nothing to do with my skin, because this time I tested it on paperstrip only... it's just awful. Smells like catpee to me, sorry to the fans!

hedward
hedward

In the original I get loads of pathchouli and cotton candy. Leather Angel is more like leather and chocolate - the patchouli isn't as sharp as in the original BUT it is, oddly so, much much more medicinal in the leather edition (which is a minus). I find Leather Angel to be a little unsettling... as if the leather had taken the lead while the chocolate desperately tries to fit in the composition. So in other words most of the notes seem to be suffering from the strong presence of the leather, certainly ruining the whole fragrance. Leather Angel however smells a little more grown up compared to original - maybe this could be something to those devoted angel users that wish to have something more mature but still with the heavenly Angel base. I LOVE, and will love, Angel till the death takes us apart but really Mr Mugler.. I'd rather have her without leather.

saul charbaji
saul charbaji

This is a heavenly creation . I suggest to every woman try this wonderful scent . I wear this and get many compliments from both men and women . Love it !

kris919
kris919

I don't see how anyone with boobs can pull off this fragrance...not even a tomboy. It smells soooo masculine, almost like a strong leathery Drakkar. the drydown gets softer, nicer, and more tolerable, but still it's very masculine to my nose. well done overall, but not for me.

Elena4363
Elena4363

super! in the first minute is very similar to the first issue of an angel, that even in 1992, then it becomes softer and sweeter and the black leather bag of blue ribbons, a miracle, I really like it.

irynn2003
irynn2003

I've just acquired this together with the Alien one, and I'm thinking how have I lived without it so far? I'm absolutely loving it, I find it incredibly sexy and deep, complicated and sensual. I cannot generally identify individual notes in perfumes, therefore I'm only judging by the overall sensation and this is a gorgeous one. I can feel the leather and the animalistic element in it. Superb

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I don't get much leather in the opening. It's like a more fruitier and less thick version of Angel. During the development, the leather note gets more and more evident but still difficult to pick it distinctively. It's blended in patchouli and sweetness. The drydown is mainly chocolate-caramel, some patchouli and some leather, and it's less sweet and has a more masculine vibe than the original. The longevity is like the long lasting original but the sillage is much closer.

I appreciate the more prominent fruity aspect and the well blended leather among the whole composition as I'm not fan of strong leather scent like Shalimar. I'd recommend it based on that. However, if you're looking for a distinctive leather note, I don't think this version of Angel will satisfy you.

mystica
mystica

That's like an even stronger version of Angel the original. I liked it and I want to have it. I am sure any Angel lovers will like this too.

I didn't like it at all, the leather is quite strong, and overall the scent didn't smell good to me even in the dry down, it smelled like a strong dry man 's cologne.
I will pass on that one .
Nothing feminine or pretty about it. Strong leathery scent. I never got any sweetness out of that one either.
But I am not a fan of Angel at all, none of its flankers have impressed me.
I like the Alien way better.
Perfectly suited for guys

bp
bp

When the great reaches the level of perfection we get something like this Angel.
I am completely in love with all perfumes Angel, but this, by having a strong output of leather, it seems to me the most compelling for me because I am a man.
The olfactory notes are wonderful and were mixed perfectly.
Keeping the same unisex line, I think this is the most masculine Angel. At least that is the feeling it gives me.
The bottle is beautiful.
Longevity and projection are perfect, exquisite, surreal.
I mention again that for me, Thierry Mugler is without doubt the best brand of perfumes in the world, offering the best quality at all levels (raw materials, bottles, boxes), without forgetting the exclusive design.
Congratulations Thierry Mugler, even a layman like me can easily distinguish all the different versions of your Angel, something that is hard to happen in other brands.
Thierry Mugler is the KING of the world perfumery.
ANGEL 4EVER.

mimi88
mimi88

got a bottle of this today - but mine is blue, i don't understand why because i could not find any photo on the internet of angel les parfums de cuir that is blue. as mine has a sticker saying it's angel les parfums de cuir tester.

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

I have this and the regular Angel.
What shall I say about it.
It is such a DREAMY fragrance. One sniff and I am hooked.
It has that divine Angel aroma that got married to leather.
If you want to be a bad girl..or guy. You should really get this.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I received an early christmas present from a very dear friend , it was an "Alien" collectors edition with braclet , in a gorg black Mugler gift box ! I was very happy with that :) ...Many thnaks Nick if your reading - Your one in a million :)

As he ordered from the Mugler website you can choose 3 samples , he chose for me this Angel leather , Miroir Des Vanites and Alien Absolu.

I was very excited to try this "Leather" angel as i do like leather scents such as Habanita. . . . Dissapointing , I cant detect much leather in this ? I do detect a nice smooth SUEDE , which is nice , but butch leather - No.

Its drier and not as cloying as the original , but has more "clout" than the EDT ( which i like) ....... Maybe a good choice for those who like the angel-lite "EDT" and who cant wear the original angel EDP if they find it too heavy on the "dirty/earthy" patchouli ( as I do!)., but i wouldnt recommend it for harcore leather lovers.

Dont get me wrong , I do like this perfume , its well made as usual for Mugler , and is very long lasting - Great quality from this house. I think the leather note could of been amped up a notch though to make it stand out from the array of other "Angel " flankers

passionata20
passionata20

30.october 2012

I have finally managed to test every female scent from "cuir" line and must say that i am a bit dissapointed with this particular one. I have tried it 3 times and worn it over several days (superb lasting power and great sillage as always), but i can´t smell any leather on my skin test. Yes, i can smell leather notes on a paper blot in the opening, but in genral this is more a "candy Angel" to me. It is very sweet in a sugary-suryp way sweet. I was hoping as well, that it would have a stronger leather note, and i think it would smell nicer then.
Not a complaint, still an amazing fragrance, but not exactly what i was expecting. Main notes i get are: patchouli, caramel, cotton candy, honey and a bit of chocolate. Bring in some more leather please! However i think this is again actually more wearable in public than the original one (however nothing beats the original masterpiece).
Do try it on your skin not to get dissaponted.
Trademark lasting power of 2 sprays on a wrist for over 20 hrs!!!!! A mega huge like from me!

chowchow41
chowchow41

I had high hopes for this one but im dissapointed. I thought it would be smelling like a leather jacket[wich i love to smell], intense a bit dark but sadly no. I do smell leather at first spray and i like that a lot but its not staying around for long and it becomes soft, way to soft for me. Its soft patchouli, chocolat and its not as gourmand as its original [more like The Taste soft]and its sillage is close to the skin and longivety is not that great either. Maybe i am to spoiled by the intensity that i get from the Extrait and the Liquer edition. But still try it, could be totally different on your skin. Chemistry means a lot.

sweetgirl

edit.....this is more for a man....i dont like this for a woman ..it smells very very musty on me...will not buy...its strong and nice...but i agree..the notes get lost here....good for a man maybe with the right chemistry...alien leather is the best one!

sweetgirl

SMELLS JUST LIKE ANGEL...BUT LESS SHARP AND SMOOTH...I LIKE THIS OVER THE ORIGINAL VERSION...

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

I have tried it today and I`m a bit on the fence with this one.

It is still undeniably Angel, sweet, patchouli-cacao as usual, but the leather makes it rather dry and to me this Angel somehow lost it`s gourmand qualities here.
It`s like Angel toughens up with leather but also tames it`s extreme sweetness a little bit.
Very unusual composition.

I`m not a huge fan of leather in general although it`s a great idea to put out a leather themed limited series but I don`t think I`m tempted to buy a bottle of Leather Angel.

Great longevity and sillage though.

diego.cubillo
diego.cubillo

coming from a straight man, This is WAY better than the A*men, this is a nice sweet leather while the ,men's one is rubber with watered down A*men, still the price is higher ($70 for 30ml vs $70 for 100ml) but is more worth it than the a*men

patrick-fragrancelover

I've tried this fragrance twice now (that being spraying it on my skin at the store). I love this flanker. I believe this is probably the best Angel flanker to come about. The real leather that is soaked into this fragrance brings the scent to a totally different place. At first spray, it seems very similar. But after a couple of minutes setting on the skin, you can really tell the difference. This flanker is deeper, and seems more masculine. And by masculine I mean the notes seem more developed and less sweet. The dry down, in my opinion is better than the original Angel. Yes, I know... never degrade the original!! But I prefer this. Fantastic, and no I do not smell cat pee. I smell Mugler perfection. I am seriously contemplating buying this.

dannysmom
dannysmom

This is a very well-done fragrance. It starts off almost buttery, and smooth. I can smell the gourmand notes of Angel. Then the leather really kicks in, and it's pretty prominent. This is not as sweet/gourmand as the other Angel's, but it is still beautiful. It's definitely in the Angel family, though. Sillage is once again excellent.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Of the three fragrances from the Parfums de Cuir line that I tested today (the others being Alien and Womanity), this one has the strongest leather note. It starts off with a bang, with a big, in-your-face leather scent bringing a dark, oily quality to the fragrance. As it progresses it gets sweeter, but not in the way that Angel typically does for me. In the original, as well as the Taste of Fragrance version, thick notes of honey, vanilla, caramel, chocolate and spice are what dominate the composition. Here, I only get a smidge of those warmer oriental-gourmand notes...instead, the fruit notes are more prominent to me in this rendition (the berries and black currant especially).

The leather scent becomes much more subdued as it wears, but it still has a dark quality to it. The addition of the animalic leather note is interesting, but I do find this version of Angel somewhat thinner and weaker-smelling overall. The most unfortunate part about this flanker, however, is that the combination of leather and black currant has an undeniable whiff of cat pee on my skin. This is the only version of Angel that hasn't really worked with my chemistry.

Cams
Cams

Just purchased this amazing fragrance! Another perfect Mugler offering. It's a definate "must-have" for Angel lovers.

K4tr1n4nf
K4tr1n4nf

There are some women who love the smell of leather. For my mother, the leather scent reminds her of riding horses when she was a young woman. I personally don't find it masculine, even it is a strong smell. I would love to try out this perfume, the notes are very interesting.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

A cool idea do let the perfume be in leather for four weeks. But i think that it will be a bit wierd fragrance to some ppl, as leather is a bit masculine note.

junior halston
junior halston

An Angel in shinny tight leather pants........sounds so butch that is got me invested in meeting this devil.....

Angel Les Parfums de Cuir by Thierry Mugler 4.19 out of 5 based on 173 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Les Parfums de Cuir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Les Parfums de Cuir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Les Parfums de Cuir by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Les Parfums de Cuir by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.