Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Angel Liqueur de Parfum Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Liqueur de Parfum Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

caramel

The new limited fragrance by the house of Thierry Mugler, Angel Liqueur de Parfum, was presented in August 2009, when the already announced perfume Alien Liqueur de Parfum also arrived on the market. The new fragrance with characteristic aromas of Mugler's Angel was created and transformed just like the finest brandy, which ripens in casks made of cherry wood.

This is not the first time that Thierry Mugler presents his fragrances this way. Let's remember that Angel Caprice de Star and Angel La Part Des Anges, luxurious editions from 2007, were warehoused for 23 weeks in Remi Martin in order to gain special aromas.

Angel Liqueur de Parfum arrives in a characteristic star-shaped flacon and is packed in black-silver outer carton which contributes to luxurious seal of the house. The perfume is available as 30 ml for about $98. Its aromas improve in quality and sensuality while they ripen, so this magical elixir has all rights to be named "Liqueur de Parfum."

Bergamot Tropical Fruits Vanilla Caramel Patchouli Cognac

Angel Precious Star 20th Birthday Edition

Angel Liqueur de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

Smooth and creamy warm vanilla caramel goodness. My nose accidentally touched the bottle when I was trying to sniff it so the liquid stuck there (purposely in that) and..I felt like licking my own nose (too bad it wasn't possible).
So sweet and smooth and rounded. Yummy. Wonderful.

K1
K1

An absolutely winter fragrance. It reminds Christmas night and jingles.
The very opening is so sophisticated: robust smell of famous caramel of angel and Mugler's signature; the patchouli; saturated with cognac and tropical fruits which whimsically hide at the back!
Very sensuous overpowering and lovesome perfume just as Angel the Great is.

gaz525
gaz525

Does anyone know if you can refill this bottle? Obviously just with regular Angel once it's finished .message me if you do

savitanaraine
savitanaraine

I find this version to be smoother than the original Angel. It's warmer to my nose as well.I like it.

donimili
donimili

I'm from Serbia and during the 90's (when Angel was popular), my family (my mom, granny and I) didn't have easy living, if I can express myself like that. Those were difficult times, when you barley had money for food supplies alone something like perfume. And my mother always loved Angel. She even had a bunch of replicas of it.
Anyway, times have changed, those miserable years are behind us, and i gave this little star bottle to my mother as a present :DDDD Her first real Angel. Well, not classic Angel, but something like it, only better ( in my opinion :D) Wow I can't describe her happiness, my happiness... I was so proud of myself that i could afford to give her this, and very proud of her because she managed to pull us out of that misery.
That is why Angel is special to me, I don't have to love it but I do, because it reminds me of my mother.
And this particularly little angel is devilishly chocolate :)

seawife
seawife

I'm definitely smelling a warm dark chocolate, Very nice perfume. Similar
to the original Angel, with deeper chocolate scent. I think I like the original better, but I'll wear this as well.

Edit: I just
Looked at the bottle. It's Taste of Fragrance Angel. No wonder why I get
Such a strong chocolate smell. Sorry for the mistake. I'm not sure how to
Put this review in the right section.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

The hunt for “my” angel is still on.
I love patchouli and I love heavy scents, and cognac? I LOVE cognac. Top notes are amazing, it smells so unlike Angel for the first 20 minutes, I thought I had found her. It's tropical fruit/naughty punch and lovely patchouli, the bottle is very pretty. The price isn't bad either.

Unfortunately 30 minutes in and it turns Angel-cat-pee on me.

Scrubbed this off with soap then alcohol and still some cat pee was lingering. I'm so disappointed that my skin doesn't like any of the true Angels. We would have been so happy together…

dollycalifornia
dollycalifornia

The smell of this fragrance is a bit similar to the original Angel but on me the strongest smells are tropical fruit and cognac with a hint of caramel. Delicious. The bottle is nice but small, but I think we can keep it for a long time because doesn't need to spray a lot, just 1 or 2 spray and it lasts all day. Very nice fragrance more for fall or winter because it is kind of strong.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Stunning blue glass bottle, high quality fragrance and my favorite Angel (with Le Lys and Extrait de Parfum as close runner ups).

I will never tire of this timeless classic called Angel. The thing that makes Liqueur so special is its full bodied flavor and refined, smooth quality, like a good aged cognac. Another amazjng quality is its ability to stay closer to the skin while lasting all day. Some people have a hard time with the beastly projection of Angel EDP even though they love the scent itself. Take a sniff of Liqueur De Parfum and your love for Angel will take on a whole new shape.

I'm not saying this is a skin scent, because that it is not. But when compared to original Angel EDP, Liqueur is pulled back a bit and tidied up, making it much more appealing for everyday wear. It's really a classier Angel, one that's more put together and relaxed. I actually find this more similar to Angel Extrait de Parfum. They all share the same scent overall, but these two have been better groomed with TLC. This is top shelf liquid.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This smells a lot like the original Angel, but somehow I find it more wearable. I mean, I like both versions, so of course I like this one, but I think it's just got a nice, subtle boozy note and it feels less "harsh", if that makes sense. To be honest, I have noticed that I actually like Thierry Mugler's flankers more than the originals. For example, I prefer Alien Essence Absolue and Liqueur de Parfum to the original, I prefer Womanity Taste of Fragrance, and I prefer Angel Taste of Fragrance and Liqueur de Parfum. Go figure. They aren't THAT different, but they are noticeably more wearable, if that makes sense.

nicolastoll
nicolastoll

The reason I got the Liqueur version is, that I was almost running out of my little Angel 15ml edp bottle and instead of getting another one of the original, I thought I'd buy the Liqueur version: "very similar to Angel, but darker, smoother, heavier…" sounded good to me!

This is a worthy addition to the Angel line, and in my opinion it's by all means a "different story" than the original edp.
I think it's fantastic to own them both!

The Liqueur version is definitely thicker, creamier and warmer than Angel edp, but leans towards being way too heavy for me, almost suffocating and too flat in the beginning.
Just when you think, "oh man, is this going on forever?!", it becomes a tiny bit more transparent and the amber and woodsy notes finally show through. It's becoming somewhat sweeter, but also lighter.

The main notes I'm getting are: plum, cherry wood, caramel, honey.
I don't drink, but I imagine some cherry liquor to smell exactly like this…smooth and sweet, without any alcoholic sharpness.

Certainly, more suitable for fall and winter. And for men, especially men who are already wearing Angel edp, this one is for you! Even more so than the original, I think.

It's not a sillage bomb, longevity is excellent!
I really do like this, I just wish there was a little more "spark" to it, if you know what I mean.

Ouch!
Ouch!

So...I'm in love. I said the same in my Youtube review.

This is everything angel is with drops of sexy smooth gorgeousness added in.

Imagine angel, but thicker (in a good way) woodsier, smoother and more sultry. This stuff is liquid pleasure. I MUCH prefer this to the original Angel and have made sure I have stocked up good and proper!

This one is much calmer on the patchouli and amped up with gorgeous smooth cherry wood and slightly boozy notes. Sex appeal, addictive and it's got me hooked.

HEAVEN!

jtd
jtd

I generally find the Mugler annual variations on a theme somewhere between a stab in the dark and a Hail Mary pass. Every now and then, though, the monkey will type something other than gibberish.

Angel Liqueur de Parfum finds just the set of notes that modulates Angel's tone of voice without altering what it has to say. Clearly boozier, it’s also more grounded and harmonic than the original Alien. The range between the higher, bright/loud notes and the dirt from the patchouli has a bit more padding to it. It’s still on high volume, but it’s modulated differently and makes you wince a bit less on first spray.

Angel's thrill comes from its energized contrasts. Angel Liqueur de Parfum keeps all the contrasts in place, but loosens the binding on the corset a bit. The mania is gone, but the exuberance is still there. Where Angel feels like it's perpetually on tiptoe and at peak inhalation, Angel Liqueur de Parfum exhales and stands at ease.

kankri
kankri

I'll start this off by saying I've never tried Angel. I actually bought this thinking it was Angel... aha. Guess I need to pay more attention. OK!

Even though the sillage isn't very stong, only within an arm's length, if even that... this stuff is very strong. Cloying, even.

This is thick, rich honey and patchouli. Then as it dries down caramel and alcohol come into the mix. It's too strong for me right next to the skin... but if I smell it from farther away, it's delicious. Sweet, thick honey, woodiness, patchouli, alcoholic. I don't get any chocolate, sadly. It's very powdery, too, smelling it makes me feel like I could sneeze. At the same time, though, it smells like something you could drink. I think I like this.

GreyMan
GreyMan

I was drawn in by the description that aromatic wood notes would turn this Angel into a more Oriental scent than the original. According to other reviews it's also supposed to be more wearable. When I first applied it, it smelled mostly like a discordant mess. The original Angel EDP is notorious for changing with air quality. I expected the increased wearability to take care of this and ignored it for almost a year.

Now revisiting it, I'm delighted to find that it's all it's ever promised to be. If it's fickle on occasion so be it. Compared to the original it's more like the finished product with the original being the concept design. I happily wear the original, but Liqueur is more of a "generally acceptable" Oriental without sacrificing any of its uniqueness. The smokey wood notes aren't smooth or soft, a definite plus. I prefer perfumes not to be too pretty.
But I'm still wondering if the composition was changed at all, or if the only difference is due to storing.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

The only difference I can detect on my skin between Angel Liqueur de Parfum and Angel is that Liqueur de Parfum is a little lighter on patchouli and more emphasis on the dark chocolate. Which is fine with me because I like it. I was told it smells like powdery chocolate on me.

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

Angel all glammed up and dipped in cogniac honey, drizzeled in earthy dark chocolate.. biting into the sweetest ripe fruits that are dripping with sensual syrup. Erotic in the typical voluptuous Angel manner..but this time deeper, darker, sexier.
Perfection.

Majja67
Majja67

Just got this one and i think i love it in some strange way!! Its not angel as we know it, its warmer, deeper and do i smell...civet?? Anyone else got that note? I would really like to see what this fume really contains! Its hard to pinpoint, at least for me, any specific note, except the lovely soft and earthy patchouli and maybe civet and incense! Maybe its the liqour playing tricks with my nose togheter with other mysterius ingrediens! Anyway, this is a lovely warm scent, so hot that it nearly burns your skin but in a good way! Dont think its so alike original angel or "the taste of" so you can live without it if your an real angelfan as me! Each one has its own personality! Angel original is caramel, the taste of is....cacao, and the liquor is burning hot, dark and sweet! Love them al!!! Thanks Mr Mugler, keep your imagination flowing!!!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I actually found this scent to be a little rougher around the edges than the original Angel (which I can wear, but have some issues with--predominantly the "melon" note). Being a lover of woody perfumes and especially patchouli, I expected the Liqueur to be smoother and softer on my skin chemistry. It really wasn't.

I would say instead it was deeper and darker. The patchouli note felt more pronounced, and was not as smooth as I expected. It did, however, dry down to a sort of unsweetened dark chocolate base, which was very nice, but overall the scent was very, very masculine on my skin.

I am guessing I just tested it in the wrong weather, so I will have to test it again!!

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Most predominant note ...a strong honey scent....
then the warmth of liquor...congnac perhaps?
and a hint of coffee..
I think this version of ANGEL is much softer...
Mellow
and yes...as some have stated...much "More Elegant"
than the original.
well worth the price...Get it!
you'll be pleased you did ..and be enchanted
by this scent as I am.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

To me this smells EXACTLY like regular angel... I dont see the difference??? I'm sad, I was hoping for a warm liquery smell

EDIT - over time I've noticed a SLIGHT difference from angel. Something warmer, more powdery... less patchouli

Anyone who has tried both this and Angel Taste of Fragrance - is there a big enough difference to warrant buying taste of fragrance? I'm very tempted to blind buy, as there's nowhere around here that I can test it =(

adriana.rizzati
adriana.rizzati

I would like to look at the main notes... Is there someone who can draw up a list, please? I'm intrigued by brandy-flavor and cherry wood...

StavrouliMitsi
StavrouliMitsi

the best one out of every anger parfume!

Takhaet
Takhaet

I like all Angels including this one :) very sophisticated :) strong and sweet perfect for cold winter evenings :-)

miriel
miriel

Usually I hate Angel. But this was a gift to my mother and today was freezing cold at my house so I thought I should give it a try.

It warmed me up. Actually I liked it. I strongly smell honey, patchouli and dark chocolate. I think this version is softer and more elegant than the original.
For me it's for those nights you just can't get warm engough and need comfort.

t for two
t for two

well i have news!! I have tried today the new limited edition fron Thierry Mugler....They are for 2011.First is Angel with cocoa powder !!! I wanted to eat my arm ! I think i might buy it...Next is Allien with salty caramel....i think that it is not bad , but i like first limited edition better.Last is for the guys ,it has a chilly spice in it...well i like havane and coffe better.Well i can say it was lovely and i like them all! BUT Angel with cocoa powder is the winner for me!

Woodelf
Woodelf

I took a huge chance purchasing this because regular Angel does not work at all with my body chemistry. I was so happy I did, though, because Angel Liqueur de Parfum doesn't burn off quickly and leave the same heavy oily fragrance that Angel leaves on my skin. I am delighted!

On first spray, Angel Liqueur smells like honey, brandy or cognac, red berries and sweet flowers. After about an hour, the scent mellows and the base notes come to the forefront: patchouli (not too much in this version), amber, vanilla, cocoa, and something powdery. Perhaps there is a bit of orris root in this mélange? The brandy and honey notes linger. Angel Liqueur is warm and expressive and could be appropriate for any woman who is confident and outgoing. This fragrance reminds me of winter holidays, but I do feel that it will also work in spring and autumn. I think it might be overwhelming in summer heat.

Sillage is excellent and on me, two sprays and the scent lasts all day. I'm so happy that I can finally join the Angel-lover crowd. This one works for me.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I had to do it. I had to track this and own it. I'm already attracted to Angel, but Angel all liquored up... now I'm ready to chance this with my chemistry! Like none other on the market. Maturing perfume is ingenious, however Angel was already mature. To ascend higher has only made it wearable for men. I undoubtedly scored compliments. Sorry Mugler, I mark male on this one. I wouldn't be drawn to a woman wearing Angel Liqueur de Parfum... well I would, but not in a positive sense. "Baby? You been drinkin??"

It's marketed towards women, so they say it's for the mature woman. The mature woman who is no longer interested in pulling men. It's just kind of HARD in my opinion. I would never attempt to pull off Angel or any of the scents from The Garden of Stars but THIS... this called for me immediately after hitting my senses. Core of Angel, dark chocolate patchouli, secret musk, amber and charred caramel... an ensemble elevated by a magic liqueur.

Oh, and let me display to you the quality of this super fragrance. I had a sample vial with a dipper. I left it for months and yes it did evaporate, but only oil was left and due to the fragrance going back to it's natural state, it was enhanced furthermore. Something like an elixir de parfum or deeper. I give it 10 out of 10 for quality, elegance and passion from the perfumer. Lasting power is a given! It's Mugler!

LuTina
LuTina

Absolutely love this scent! Warm, soft, brandy, mild flowery scent. In the past I wore the regular Angel perfume and body cream but since trying this I don't like the regular Angel scent. A friend of mine can't stand Angel but loves this one. Much more powdery dark notes. After reading all the other reviews we seem to be the only people who feel this way. However I do agree with everyone else that it is WAY too expensive especially since this scent does not stay on me more than a few hours :( With that said I will probably buy it again if the opportunity arrives :)

ronniequiamco
ronniequiamco

This one is a definite star! heck,im a dude and im mad about this one.most definitly a must try.spray it on you and smell for yourself,it has this unisex quality to it. The dry down is rather soft but slightly masculine for me. I wish they hv it in a bigger size. Note the pricey price too.

Angelfreak4
Angelfreak4

I bought this one blind over the internet. No mistake here, though, I LOVE IT!!! Like the original, VERY SEXY!!! Love the bottle with a clear lid!!

passionata20
passionata20

This one is even better than the original Angel, but way too expensive. I have to save a bit to buy this one. But the scent is simply gorgeous!! if you´re a fan of Angel this is a must have!!! The original Angel is my signature but this one is simply perfect creation! The sharpness and dusty smell is gone here and smell of cognac is irresistible!

Francop
Francop

This version of Angel is like a galaxy of STARS shining for centuries...if you would like to sample a dream in Heaven you should try this elixir...which is good enough to drink...?

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

I prefer this to the original. It seems somehow warmer (if thats possible!!) and more well-rounded. The dry down is pure honey gorgeousness. And like someone else has mentioned.. seems less "skanky" than original angel!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I love orginal Angel but this one ...I'm so sorry Thierry is not for me. I feel too much in my skin whisky and eucalyptus.

adele l
adele l

i love the original angel (disclaimer) so of course i find this one just wonderful. Some of the skanky notes are toned down and it's a tad less strident than Angel edp, but if you like one you'll like the other. strong, smooth and syrupy without all the patch (which can produce a b.o. note in the original).

beadlady
beadlady

If you love Angel then you'll love this even more! It's an earthier Angel and it's just wonderful.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Haven't sprayed it on my skin yet but I've tested this twice on paper. It's Angel but the harsh top notes are gone and it's in the middle of Angel's dry-down.

njdeb
njdeb

A prominent cherry liqueur note on top of an Angel base. Interesting, but too overpoweringly sweet for me.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

it's definitely for the maturer women, but i still like it! very strong - should be applied carefully, and i would recommend it for the evening use. I haven't tried the original Angel, but i have Angel Rose and Violet and like them as well. They all have much in common: sweet and tasty, rich and warm! and the bottle looks nice))

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

It smell very similar to the original Angel, just a little darker maybe, If I had the money I would buy it beacuse I love Angel and this version is nice too.

naleiarenee
naleiarenee

I just recieved this on Christmas Eve and have been wearing it for many days and I hadn't planned to try this one but,stumbled across it as a BONUS in search of Alien Liqueur and Pure Malt !!
That said ,I really wanted to like this one but,for me its just OK.Granted,I've never tried the classical Angel and cannot compare the two.
Something keeps telling me to wear it again and again ,but it never quite does it for me ,just barely missing the mark.As soon as it touches my skin I feel a bit breathless,then in an instant I start to get that joy that comes with a favorite scent,but,poof ! The good feeling is gone and replaced with sugary chemicals and as I wait for the drydown there is little improvement .

Panda_bear
Panda_bear

First of all - I'm sorry to say, but the classic Angel is non-wearable for me. Too much chocolate and patchouli, too much everything, too much headache and too many people wearing it.
But the liqueur... it is more mature and elegant. A real piece of art in my opinion.
Lovely alcohol scent (like a rich cognac), mixed with eatable chocolate (but not overwhelming), vanilla, woodsy notes and a hint of patchouli.
The sweetness is well-balanced, it's a very sensuous frangrance.

guest_SoonerlandMom
guest_SoonerlandMom

I just got the Angel Liqueur this week. I haven't tried the Angel EDP, just to let you know. On me, the honey and woody notes are very strong. Not sure if the woody note is due to the barrel or not. On my mother it's more of the honey and some kind of powdery smell. Not sure which of the notes would create the powdery aspect, but this is very different on the two of us. Very unusual, but sensual! I love it and so does my mom! Can't wait to try the EDP! I'll make my choice of which one I prefer! Try a sample if you can find one, see how it reacts with you and decide for yourself if it's for you!

Angel Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler 4.30 out of 5 based on 233 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Liqueur de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.