Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Angel Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Angel Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Angel Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Summer Angel named Angel Sunessence EDT Legere arrived on the market in March 2009, in pair with summer edition of sunny Alien named Alien Sunessence EDT Legere.

The new Angel Sunessence EDT Legere is created of softened and lighter notes of the original fragrance. This limited edition is available as 50 ml EDT. The notes include bergamot, hibiscus, honey, blackberry, red berries, caramel, chocolate, patchouli, vanilla, hedione, helional and coumarin.

Hibiscus Bergamot white honey Blackberry Red Berries Vanilla Caramel Patchouli Dark Chocolate Coumarin

Angel Sunessence EDT Legere Fragrance Reviews

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Wonderful perfume sister to the other summer edt "blue lagoon" which I also have. The trick with these perfumes is that even if the patchouli note is rather intense they never suffocate because the other sweet notes keep the perfume airy and light without holding back the strength of the perfume. The quality of Mugler perfumes is unique and no matter how many one owns, its very hard to stop wanting more and more. This perfume is better to use during summer when you want to smell nice and not heavy. Super glad once more!

sjam3295
sjam3295

I like this. I really do like this. As others have said, a fresher version of Angel.

Patchouli and hibiscus, honey, with a touch of citrus - the other sweet notes stay more in the background for me, though the blackberry against the patchouli in the dry-down is divine.

I find the original just a bit too sweet and heavy, but this is lovely - sweet, floral, light and fresh. A winner for me.

violinorama
violinorama

This parfume reminds me Diesel Fuel for Life and little bit Chanel's Coco Mathmazel and Chance. But lighter that's, definetely for summer or spring/fall. Longevity is good.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I completely agree with the previous reviews. This is a VERY fresh scent version of Angel. Although I wasn't thrilled to get this initially because I thought I was ordering the original Angel perfume, I have to humbly admit that I am very pleased with this fragrance. It's a lighter and more tolerable version of Angel, very fresh yet smooth.
Ultimately, I could pull off wearing this version in the daytime (lightly) and reserve the original formula for night time occasions. This perfume is a keeper and a mistaken transaction that turned out with a happy ending. :)

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

On my skin: patchouli overload with hints of fruity sweet notes.

pickletastic
pickletastic

Rooibos tea, strongly brewed with undiluted red berry cordial added. Not getting a massive amount of citrus and even less patchouli, but there is definitely a sweetness in the dry-down that I don't find to be definitively honey or chocolate. Not a wince-inducing sugary sweetness either - perhaps it is indeed caramel, but a very soft and subtle one. Projection and sillage are present but not overbearing [one spritz on each inner arm] but then no-one would expect an EDT Legere to be packing the same olfactory punch as the original Angel EDP.

UPDATE: because I am a clumsy klutz and perhaps also because the bottle is a nightmare [thank goodness someone else had trouble with it so I don't feel quite so foolish] I have managed to break my bottle. I have decanted the remaining 20ml into an brown glass sprayer which is up for grabs as having spent the day trying to wash the spillage off of my hands I no longer wish to smell this perfume ever EVER again. PM me and I will happily send it to you.

UPDATE II: will be going to a good frangrantican home - many thanks and apologies to those who messaged me - I remain spatially-unaware so no doubt more mishap spillages will occur in the future. My idiocy is fellow fragranticans gain, and I'm just happy if I don't lose any fingers...

melange
melange

Uh-oh; legere it is, and the lasting power is less than perfect, but finally I found an Angel I can actually wear - I've used up three and a half bottles of the original before finding that it just doesn't suit my lifestyle anymore (face it, when you're an adult working with other people, and have a family instead of a nightlife, Angel with its impossible sillage and staying power is just too much of a rockstar perfume).

This limited edition (I hurried to buy a bottle, and may buy another one) smells like a fruit cocktail (with a lot of watermelon) generously sprinkled with the original Angel. Love it.

Edit: I love the contents of the bottle, but the bottle itself is awful to the touch - covered in a sort of plastic, cheap, clingy coating - and the cap is a killer to take off.

po
po

Where is Angel? Not here for sure!
If I didn't know this is an Angel flanker I would not have guessed in a million years. I can smell mainly the hibiscus and then bergamot and berries. And a trace of patchouli. Very little sweetness. But it's a flowery sweetness, not gourmand sweetness. Sillage is moderate and controllable. For me it comes closer to Omnia Coral but more dense, distinctive and long lasting. I'm not too crazy about either, though.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Upon first spritz i couldnt understand the rave reviews that made me bought this,what met my nose was a plasticky oversweet weird combination of rubbery beries and patchoulli, everything smells peculiarly synthetic and gross at close distance, however after leaving it for awhile and i myself getting quite sleepy, i took a deep yawn and inhaled something quite gentle and beguiling, a fresh and energizing floral hibiscus note carried by the salty ocean air, not so sweet anymore, more of a juxtaposition of notes to create an intriguing scent, thus angel sunessence is best worn with blurred 'vision' from a distance than up close, during a warmer weather, too close and you will see it fray edge and harsh synthetical nature.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a nice fresh take on angel . I am at the moment trying this beside the Angel edt . and this one is a bit more citrusy compared to angel edt.. I dont knnow why that is , it isent listed that many citrus notes;) but that it how it behaves on my skin.
This is a mix between Angel . Innocent and Eau de star. it has that tiny marschipan feal to it . but in this version it has the berry aswell . so its not as dry.

The black berrys are intense in this one , berry and chocolate , on my skin the patcholi behaves very well in this one .
a nice twizt to angel . But still The Original is the best IMO. this is more off a summer early autumn version . It feals very sunny on skin , like your skin is warmed up by the sun and the fruity almost tropical feal lingers around you ( Not realy Tropical , but close:))
A much lighter take to Angel compared whit the patcholie and choco notes ,

isabella.fr.83
isabella.fr.83

I used to wear angel when it came out but in the end i found it much too strong, and everybody was wearing it. last year I bought a bottle of angel sunessence. OMG!! it's like a summer morning in a bottle. (in the south a france by the sea of course) I just love it. I finished the bottle month ago and put it in a linen drawer and I can still smell it when I open the drawer. I just wish thierry mugler made it as a regular perfume as it is getting more and more difficult to get hold of it.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Oh finally I found a lovable ANGEL !
This is the sweet & tender face of the original one ..
smells great & yummy..

To me this is could be cozy at winter .. I loved it ..
The lasting power is 4 hours on my skin ..

Melissa38
Melissa38

Does anyone think this smells like coco mademoiselle?? I've been wearing angle for 15yrs and thought maybe this would be a great summer version the verdict is still out not sure what to think yet :-/

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

I don't love this. I have a small one and probably will never wear it. I don't really have anything new to add, it's all been covered. it's like a much lighter angel, more floral to me, perhaps. This is much more wearable, in my opinion, than Angel, which I can't tolerate, or eau de star which was just... odd (like angel mixed with boiling macaroni, as i said in my review).

Eyla
Eyla

This perfume was such a puzzle to me that I did not want to comment on it but everything changed when I decided to study it's notes a little.
8 notes that are in it are the same as in original Angel (just minimized and here, fruit is more pronounced) so that is the foundation of Angel that I recognise as familiar and those are the notes I immediately eliminated as well known.
then I came to the hedione effect, known also under the name methyl dihydrojasmonate, which is described like the scent of the sun's beam while it affects the flower jasmine and/or the ability to bloom like a real flower on the skin (also an indication that the mixture of coumarin, patchouli and effect hedione was revolutionary used in Dior's Eau Sauvage , and it's highest concentration ever recorded was used in the Comme des Garcons Odeur 53 where hedione makes more than half of the formula) and it has, as well as molecular Iso E Super, the ability of 'staying' in the air and creating unreal aura so everything around you is perfumed, even while you're just pulling the bottle out of the box!
But what was so unfamiliar to my nose was hidden in helional (and partly in coumarin which I first smelled right here) - a green floral accord of cyclamen with top notes of ozone and freshly mown hay (same effect as artificially obtained tonka, or otherwise known as coumarin).
I solved my olfactory sudoku. ozone and the smell of freshly mown hay is the feeling of fresh, cold like pepper, and what I explained to people as 'bergamot on steroids'.

Opening with a massive build-up bergamot, coumarin and helional, sprinkled with crumbs of dark chocolate, all topped with caramel, honey, tea of ​​hibiscus and berries juice, along with the ubiquitous patchouli (which seems childlike put next to effect of mine cryptic notes, helional and hedione).
that said, Angel Legere, with it's impeccably starched stability, is not easy, not at all timid, not even a summer version of Angel;
it is like a shooting star, as a romantic scene in the sky but with potentially devastating effects if it steps into our atmosphere - often Legere gives me headaches because the smell of it is very strong and it's difficult to use sparingly because it's syringe has a huge impact and it's squirts are abundant.
Sunessence's bottle is, however, still sticky to the touch because it is obviously sprayed with some sort of spakly polymer mixture under high pressure so that a layer of paint is as thin as finish, so extra care is necessary when handling, because over time, coat on the sharp edges of the star start to peel off, and the syringe inside the bottle is not going to the end of the longest point of the star, so I'm already lamenting that few ml I will not be able to spend.

kcii
kcii

This scent is amazing. I sprayed it on early morning and yet here it is night time and I'm still sitting here smelling myself, thinking Whoaaa!! It lasts for such a long time! Even though it doesn't have many floral notes to me it smells very floral and sweet. And fresh! So fresh! Great for summer. It has that typical Thierry Mugler smell (Which I love btw). An instant fav!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This smells gorgeous on the Mrs. It's so sweet and elegant, it's gourmand, fruity and has a very focused Hibiscus note for a battling floral touch, battling to poke through all the sweetness.
Another Mugler win.

beatrix75
beatrix75

its much beter becoze dozent have the pachuli

michie
michie

I absolutely adore this fragrance. It is much lighter than the original Angel. It's complicated and fresh at he same time. I love the Hibiscus and fruit flavors which is well balanced with the Patchouli bottom notes. A masterpiece!

9154mf
9154mf

This is hardly reminiscent of the original Angel. If i smelt this without knowing the name I would never relate it to Angel, I'd think it's one of your standard, nice but highly unoriginal Escada type unoffensive floral fruitys. The bergamot is strong and tangy for the first few minutes and it truly smells like a refreshing summer scent, but then it dries down and out comes honey with the faintest hint of patchouli. I will use my sample but wouldn't buy a bottle.
UPDATE: the next morning I was smelling something that was like Angel then I realised it was this, so obviously this has good longevity. It reminds me of Angel alot but is of course a weaker version, I still think I'll just stick to the original when I want to smell the heady choc-patch scent.

Nyxy
Nyxy

I really loved this perfume when I tried it on today. Even now, more than five hours later it has a lovely fresh smell to it.
I found this scent to be warm and yummy, yet fresh and fruity with a lingering hint of floral.
I would use this everyday and I think it could work for all occaissions.
It works well for all ages, it you like the scent that is!
It got the thumbs up from my fiance too!

sofiii
sofiii

Angel Sunessence disappointed me a lot. I'm a huge fan of the original angel, and thought the summer version would be just a little bit lighter and cheerful. How wrong I was! This version is indeed cheerful, too cheerful to retain the original Angel's essence.I sense a lot of bergamont and tropical accords made from hibiscus and well mixed berries.
This smells really cliche, like a cross between Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche and some floral fruity sweet perfume release after 2000.

When Angel Sunessence settles down, it's less 'out'. It has the creaminess base, but smells like a barely there watered-down Angel's dry down. If it was just a diluted Angel drydown, I would be happier. However, the 'summer' notes and honey makes it hasty.

If you don't particularly like Angel's heavy, dark, strong and gourmand smell, and you tends to wear 'summer' type of scent, like echo-y, fresh, tropical scent, or find perfume like Chanel Eau Fraiche beautiful and more your thing(in comparison with perfumes heavy on vanilla, chocolate, etc), maybe Angel Sunessence will be the version of Angel that belong to you.

melia
melia

Angel with FRUIT. Lots of it. Like sourish juicy fruit. Of course fruit is related to summer, but it could be a scent for other seasons too. If you like this kind fruity stuff in it of course (I don't). I would call it the escada edition of Angel. I prefer the original for it's angelic drydown, which I also seem to miss here.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Very nice 'Eau Legere' version of Angel, but that's it. I would still buy the original for it's kick- I think I would rename this 'Apologetic Angel'!

jonr951
jonr951

I wish I had paid more attention to this one. I adore the Blue Lagoon Sunessence. I hope to find it someday. : )

susieqrj
susieqrj

I have and love it.
To me is the only wearable version of Angel. The original is too annoying and strong.

Casi
Casi

I really love this one! I have this, the original Angel and Sunessence 2010. Most of the time, original Angel wears wonderfully on me. Yet, for the times that Angel simply will not cooperate with my skin, Sunessence 2009 NEVER fails me. On my skin, it is a simply a lighter version of Angel, perfectly suited for warmer weather or every day wear. I get citrus-infused honey, silky smooth chocolate and a soft, lingering sweetness. The pathouli is clean, fresh and never too much. Angel Sunessence 2009 is just as stunning as original Angel. It is every bit as complex as Angel and blended to absolute perfection. This one can be sprayed more liberally without hesitance or fear. For those that feel that they cannot wear Angel but wish that they could, I implore you to try this one! I do hope that it is still available. I understand that it is a limited edition and it was 2009's summer edition. I am not nearly as impressed with this year's, (2010) Angel Sunessence.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I got my bottle today and what a surprise..I love it! Can't wait to wear it for a day. It smells beautiful..kind of reminds me of eau de Star.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Well, I am shocked!

This is so far removed from the original Angel concept, & pleasingly so. Not that the original Angel is a "bad" perfume, quite the opposite. I see Angel as a very well-designed perfume which enjoyed mass appeal....sadly my nose became over-angelled as I endured clouds of it at college to the present day. Sometimes it is hard to separate the perfume notes from the connotations, memories & wearers!

I digress....this AS is light, summery, fruity, "pink-yellow-red", mouthwateringly crisp & translucent yet it packs an olfactory punch just like the original Angel.

I can really sense the berries & the hibiscus - it is just like my favourite hibiscus fruit tea! The citrus keeps it tart which is pleasantly balanced with a light hand on the honeyed sweetness.

As it mellows the patchouli emerges creating a slightly earthy edge to this happy little frag.

I can appreciate Angel, but I prefer AS. It's like Angel took off her sexy city clothes & went to live by the sea where she wandered the beaches barefoot, sunbathed, lightened her hair, tucked a Hibiscus flower behind her ear, swam naked & let the fresh fruit juices dribble down her chin. Cheeky, sunny, fun & relaxed with a spicy little kick.

If you hate Angel, try it.....if you love Angel, why not try the lighter sunshine vibe this summer?

this frganrance is 100% unisex,
i tried it today at harvey nichols and i really love it , its amazing in every possible way , its logetivity is great and the projection is very nice

i say this is a winner

this frganrance is 100% unisex,

i say this is a winner

c3c
c3c

Well perhaps because this is the third perfume I've tried with Hibiscus in it I can now honestly say, I don't appear to be a fan of hibiscus. It's a very strange addition. Sunessence just seems sour to me. This is nothing like Angel, Innocent, or Angel Eau de Star. I like Angel and Innocent. This gets added to my no list for Thierry Mugler along with Caprice de Star.

~ update ~ Well perhaps because I'm starting to come around to some salty beach time fragrances I decided to try this again. It's still sour to me, but I kind of like it now...interesting.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This one is great for us that like the original but cant handle the strenght of it,i find it much better.I think the bottle is beautiful this way..

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

OK! yesterday i made a large Mugler purchase and the sales lady gave me a mugler shower bag (which I was sooooo chuffed with because well i love anything Thierry Mugler) with the biggest pile of samples i have been given with a purchase ever! but thats besides the point. Inside the bag were several samples of Angel sunessence and Alien Sunessence, A*men Pure Malt and loads of other little goodies.

Because im a big fan of fragrance of any kind I decided to bust open the little boxes and test this and Alien Sunessence.

WOW!! is all i can say with regards to Angel Sunessence, it is nothing like the original Angel, which I find a little strange, my mum wears it and it's lovely with her chemistry, but i have smelt it on other people and it's not nice, but this is a very light, fruity gourmand, the opening is lovely and sparkly with plenty of berries, chocolate, vanilla, caramel and a spice which i can't pick up on.

It is a really well made, lighter variation on the original Angel, as for the reviewer who said it was like a "man in drag" i honestly don't know what you were smelling but it certainly couldnt have been this! This is very feminine and there is nothing masculine about it. From the fruity milkshakey opening, to the lovely creamy, chocolate drydown, this is a very beautiful addition to the line.

GO THIERRY!

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

Dear Angel, I don't think you are feminine or angelic. I think you are a man in drag. This scent to me is just too spicy and musky to be feminine! It begs for a round brown bottle, not a perky blue star!!! I also can't figure out how this is supposed to be summery! to me it is so clearly fall/winter and similar to Nina by Nina Ricci with a heavier dose of patchouli and less apple. Just not my favorite, but good news for those who love it, it lasts for the whole day!

sfsassy
sfsassy

I just tried this on today at Macy's. To me it's a lot like regular Angel, but lighter. I like it better. you can still tell it's Angel-like. I sprayed it only once 4 hours ago and i can smell it without moving my wrist to my nose. I predict this one will be very popular.

ericwatson2009
ericwatson2009

I like this a lot better than Angel. A lot lighter and more "wearable". I will be wearing this on summer days!!

Angel Sunessence EDT Legere by Thierry Mugler 3.69 out of 5 based on 192 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Sunessence EDT Legere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Sunessence EDT Legere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Sunessence EDT Legere by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Sunessence EDT Legere by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.