Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon Thierry Mugler for women

Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

tropical

New limited editions by Thierry Mugler arrive in March 2010 as summer versions of fragrances A*Men, Angel and Alien. We are already used to Mugler's game of colours, unusual flacons and characteristic compositions, but new editions manage to surprise us positively every time.

Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon is a summer version of fatal, gourmand perfume- Angel, available in limited number. The fragrance is created of fresh, fruity notes of carambole – star fruit, spicy-floral aromas of ginger blossom, along with patchouli and vanilla. The flacon has the same form as last year's edition Angel Sunessence, but is coloured in bluish nuances of the Blue lagoon. Available as 50 ml EDT. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Carambola (Star Fruit)

Water Notes Ginger Floral Notes

Patchouli Vanille Resin

Angel Sunessence Ocean d'Argent
Angel Aqua Chic

Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon Fragrance Reviews

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

Oh, I love this. It's different enough from my Angel EDT that I'm OK with owning both, and it is very summery. Like others have said, the patchouli is quite similar to Chanel Coco Mlle, another perfume I love. What really makes Sunessence Bleu Lagon for me, though, is the starfruit note. It's quite realistic, tart just like a freshly sliced starfruit. The effect with the patchouli, ginger, and aquatic notes is deliciously clean and soapy: not "clean" in the granny smith apple, shampoo sense (think Be Delicious and flankers, Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, etc.), but assertively clean.

I don't smell any vanilla in this fragrance, so it must be blended pretty well.

Noelle <3
Noelle <3

I love Angel! I am wearing right now!! But not this one.. My Mother is Scarrlett BTW... This smells like flowers

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Thierry Mugler's summer fragrances seem to be more of my thing than the original fragrances that they are based on. Bleu Lagoon opens up with a bright burst of starfruit which I find to be lovely and extremely fresh. The patchouli in this is definitely fresher and not extremely earthy to me. It actually reminds me of the patchouli note in Coco Mademoiselle EDT, even though that sounds a little crazy....Its strong for the first couple of hours but it calms down in a softer more delicate fragrance. There is a subtle aquatic note hanging in the background, but to me its not that strong and it works to calm down the patchouli a bit.

This version of Angel to me is extremely wearable and its never overwhelming in the heat. Though you have to like patchouli to enjoy this one. It is awesome a summer fragrance and its unique compared to what a lot of summer fragrances are. However, I'm sure it can been worn throughout the year without a problem. I find Bleu Lagoon to be a bright and fun fragrance. ^_^

Kyperkat
Kyperkat

I like mine a lot more once the top notes fade away. Maybe that's what is referred to as a "dry down"? It just needs to sit for a minute and mature. THEN I really like it. Very yummy!!!

mhubbard
mhubbard

I find this to be a very fresh and wearable sister fragrance to Angel. Not quite a twin but definitely a sister, but a bit lighter. I'm glad because we are having a lot of humidity this year. Still this perfume, like most Angel flankers, bears that definite Thierry Mugler stamp of great quality. Love it almost as much as the original, maybe more in the heat. I don't know about Ocean d"Argent but Angel lovers really should try this one.

Kamaty
Kamaty

I'm very happy to add this to my collection... I'm loving TM fragrances, and this Angel is diferent of the others this is more fresh/sweet/spicy.
I think will be great for summer!!!
I cant stop smell my wrist...

Angel Sunessence Bleu Lagon was a fragrance I stumbled upon the last time I was out shopping. I may be going into Winter on my side of the world, but I decided to test this perfume now rather than later.

It's still Angel underneath it all, but a lighter, fruitier version. I thought I could smell a strong pineapple accord at first, but since looking at the scent pyramid, I now know that I was smelling star fruit. Whatever it is, it's quite heavy and fruity.

Despite the somewhat watery quality, this is not an aquatic, nor something that I find particularly beachy. This fragrance might have a pretty name, but it doesn't sum up how this fragrance actually smells. Like the original Angel, it is very sweet and earthy.

If you hated the patchouli in Angel, I wouldn't bother testing this flanker as your reaction would be very much the same. The star fruit multiplies the strength of the patchouli by ten, as the vanilla attempts to smooth the blend with a touch of syrupy sweetness. This clash of notes is what makes this flanker, and the original Angel so intriguing.

As I left the store wearing Angel Sunessence Bleu Lagon, one woman in a shoe shop thought I was actually wearing Angel and complimented me on how well it suited me. I revealed that it was actually a flanker, and informed her of where it could be found. Who knows, I may have encouraged a purchase!

The novelty of wearing Angel and its many different editions has worn off during the years, so I no longer lust after the sweet, patchouli and chocolate gourmand aroma. I did own a bottle of Angel back in the day, and while I loved it, it was never really 'me'.

Angel Sunessence Bleu Lagon is incredibly lasting and on the verge of becoming a sillage monster, especially if over-applied. I recommend this fragrance, however I'm not so convinced that it should be worn during Spring and Summer.

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

2010 angel sunessence bleu lagon in my opinion is very unique and beautiful.It conjurs up images of crystal clear blue island waters and the smell of tropical ginger blossoms from a distant island floating on the warm balmy ocean breeze.If a fragrance can transport me to another place then I am sold.The patchouli and vanilla are definately there but this fragrance is well blended and I enjoy the earthy aspect of the patchouli with the other tropical notes .I am sick of the generic tropical fruity celebrity scents that come out in truck loads every year.This fragrance has every thing I look for in a fragrance,its fresh but warm,fruity but classy and dries down to a sophisticated earthy woody smell.However do not over spray this fragrance or it will be to strong.Less is more with any Thierry Mugler fragrance.If you are a earthy elegant bohemian chic then you should buy this scent.It can be found on fragrancex.com for around 45.00 dollars.A great deal for such a beautiful tropical oceanic scent:~)

susset
susset

This is really brilliant. I`m loving it.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

It has taken me a while to review this one because it is so similar to Ocean D'Argent! After alternating between the two recently, I think I can now tell them apart.

Starfruit is this one's initial fruity note. It is somewhat fresher and less "candied" than the kumquat in Ocean D'Argent, but the two are reminiscent of each other. This one is a pleasant scent, but does not last as long as Ocean D'Argent. It is less intense and less "salty," but seems to have a similar patchouli background.

As it dries down, I almost think I can get a "salt" note, but it is a little closer to the "yeast" note that I found in Eau de Star.

Like I said, it is pleasant and I like it, but it is so close to Ocean D'Argent that I wish I'd saved my money (I really prefer the salt in Ocean D'Argent).

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This smells so different from the original angel in a good way. It does not give nausea or headaches. It smells sweet and delicious! I like this one way more than the original angel and sadly it doesnt last as long as the original. I Love the starfruit in this.

treenhe
treenhe

i dislike the original angel greatly so thought i would give this 'lighter' sister a try. omg. within 10 minutes i was scrubbing it off and within 20 minutes i was in bed with a full blown migraine. the patchouli hit me like a tsunami...in fact it was just the same to me as the original ie. nothing but patchouli! sorry thierry, you blew it.

karolla28
karolla28

I love this scent, but I hate the classic Angel.
Perfect scent for summer, deliciuos and paradise for senses :)

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A beautiful harmony of the ocean and flora notes.

Don't let the patchouli get to you easily! The notes will beautifully blossom in order and then blend into a wave of freshness and delight.

The starfruit's entrance is delightful alongside the spicy ginger. The aqua and florals beautifully open alongside each other.

The royal patchouli and serene vanilla, along with the resin, become a warm and sensuous and lush.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

In this case, simple is better. I like this one much more than the original Angel.

Signature patchouli gives this bright combination an earthy appeal. Fresh starfruit in my opinion doesn't have much of a scent, but in this combination, it's complimented and elevated perfectly.

Nothing blue or watery about it which is what I'd expect from something named Blue Lagoon. Densely palm-tree'd small, earthy island perhaps?

Dries down nicely to mostly patchouli and vanilla with a little sun-kissed sweet ginger. Intriguing simplicity.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Yum! Love the mix of tartness and rich patchouli underneath to carry it through. My only qualm with it is that it may have a tendency to go down the "platic-y" road, but this feeling is so fleeting that I'm able to ignore it and enjoy everything that I do like about it. I most certainly enjoy this more than Angel, which at times can be over-bearing for me.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

When I first sprayed it I immediately thought of the original Angel with that intial blast of patchouli. But then it turned citrusy & lemon, reminding me of Pine Sol. The drydown is vanilla and ginger. Not good. Ginger is problamatic on me, I've come to relaize, and the combo doesn't bode well no matter how much I adore vanilla.

Regardless of my chemistry, I think no matter who tries it, they will definitely be able to tell this is a sister perfume of Angel for sure. Thanks to weegee for the sample.

Migotka
Migotka

I was thinking whether I was the only one who thought that this edition has nothing in common with the original... And luckily for the self esteem of my nose, I see I was not:)

Bleu Lagon smells somewhat like Angel would if you dissolved a bottle of the original scent in a bucket of water. From time to time, if you try really, I mean really hard, you can smell some Angel-ish notes, specially when the fragrance settles down, but otherwise than that, I did not find it particularly appealing. The bottle is quite cute, as usual, TM comes up with really nice bottle designs, but the juice did not impress me much.

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

This was far too sharp on me. I just smelled like a bolt of patchouli.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

This smells nothing like Angel, IMO. This smells like a sweet, summery, light vanillish scent. It does last for a summer scent, which had me very surprised. Glad I got this :). Thank you, Thierry Mugler! Can't WAIT for Womanity!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This one didnt impress me at all,i think it smells more like a lighter/summer version of TM Innocent then of Angel.If you want a summerversion of angel,last years edition is better then this one.Not for me as i cant stand Innocent..The bottle is very pretty and has a lovely ocean blue color.

adele l
adele l

I love the original Angel- there's just nothing like it. This one is a huge initial blast of grapefruit which settles down to Angel with occasional wafts of grapefruit. It's interesting but not for me

izzie07
izzie07

This is really nice. I like this one much better than the original Angel. I have Innocent but not Angel. May get this I haven't decided

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Oh this is a wonderful interpretation of Angel, if you didn't like last years summer version like me, u will love this one!

Dark Curls

After a few hours, this juicy, spicy scent settles down to a much lighter and friendlier version of Angel. I love Angel original, but I know many hate it and it is too harsh/heavy/toxic for them lol.

Dark Curls

Ok wow yeah this one is my favorite between the 2!!! I CAN'T stop smelling my wrist! Can't wait to wear this to work tomorrow!!!

Dark Curls

Got my bottle today! I am soo in love!! It smells so unique! The ginger blossom and starfruit mesh so well. Exquisite fragrance! I will forever love Thierry Mugler fragrances!!!

jonr951
jonr951

I LOVED it!!! I want a bottle!! Its delicious! I like it more than the original and last yrs sunessence. I really luv the bottle 2. : )

Dark Curls

i want this!! I may just order a bottle from nordstrom.com... for thierry mugler it is worth every penny!

Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon by Thierry Mugler 3.62 out of 5 based on 152 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angel Sunessence Edition Bleu Lagon by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.