Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Eau de Star Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

ozonic
honey
Eau de Star Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Eau de Star Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Eau de Star Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Eau de Star Thierry Mugler for women Pictures Eau de Star Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Eau de Star by Thierry Mugler is a Oriental fragrance for women. Eau de Star was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Louise Turner. The fragrance features patchouli, vanilla, water notes, mimosa, honey and watermelon.

Patchouli Vanilla Water Notes Mimosa Honey Watermelon

Angel Sunessence Ocean d'Argent

Eau de Star Fragrance Reviews

argonianwarrior
argonianwarrior

Eau de Star smells similar to the original Angel but with a bit simpler, cleaner fragrance. It’s like Angel and Marc Jacob’s Daisy had some glorious love child.

The patchouli and vanilla are there, but the complex gourmand ingredients have been substituted with honey, which gives it a really deep, creamy sweetness, and watermelon, which gives a certain ozonic freshness.

So overall it’s a really sweet, fresh patchouli fragrance. I really like it.

binoybcompany
binoybcompany

This one i had seen so many negative reviews but still went & bought this. This fragrance is different not many can or will wear it. I have been wearing this for the last 2 days & i'm impressed.

Is it aquatic may be but a very different one, Has it got any resemblance to Angel probably u will smell it every now & then. The dry down is beautiful. Has got the same projection & longevity but some how it dies down suddenly at about 10hr mark.

I would say this fragrance is a definite try.

Aeris
Aeris

I'm a Mugler fanatic. Every one of his fragrances I hated at first, then LOVED later on. I just received my sample of Star and...so far all I smell is dog puke and watermelon...
I hope this is a good sign...the more repungent I find it at first, the more I like it later? Please let that be the case. I'll keep you updated on this journey!!
Update: Nope, it didn't get better :( I literally almost puked myself a few times. I'm sorry, this is the only Mugler fragrance I don't like. Maybe it just doesn't mesh with my body chemistry? That would be odd considering the fact that all other Mugler fragrances smell divine on me. I'm not giving up though, I'll try it again and again. Hopefully it will be a delayed falling in love reaction.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

SUPERB summery perfume, another unique creation of Mugler house. Genius mixture of patcoulli, watery and sweet notes which last long. It will not suffocate you like Angel but it will up-lift you with this peppery wonder. I love this unique feeling which will accompany you the whole day. The bottle is lovely too. Good Job!!

the_new_esta

Eugh - after a couple of weeks I can say I hate pepper. This and Si Lolita from Lolita Lempicka are awful. They won't really offend anyone I guess but they are very sharp, and to describe this as 'warm' is totally off.

lolitajade
lolitajade

Don't get the weird, heavy pepper, unsummery type reviews. This like a very soft, sweet version of Angel. Not weird at all, very sensual. Like a feathery soft, fairy rather than an Angel.

I would class this as a playful teasing scent of is she innocent or is she sexy?

Reminds me of another perfume I have smelt before. Not sure what!

seanvik
seanvik

Just like a star in the winter sky: bright, sharp, cold and utterly dazzling.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I agree with Lyon below; this is indeed a strange one! Definitely have to be in a certain mood to wear it. The image that immediately popped into my head on first spray is a bottle of blue raspberry Jones soda, with pencil shavings (something slightly peppery?). It's very sweet, like artificial blueberry, and somehow fizzy and edible-smelling. I'm actually surprised that the main fruity note listed is watermelon. While I smell that, I think that it definitely smells akin to a blueberry or blue raspberry Jolly Rancher. A few hours in, the floral and honey notes make a stronger appearance and start to take the fragrance back from the fruity syrup/hard candy smell. Finally, I mainly smell patchouli, which, as a user below said, brings to mind incense and bohemian-ness. It does indeed project and last. Curious to see how others react when I wear it. Haven't decided yet if I love this, but big props for the unusual-ness of this scent, as with all Mugler creations!

the_new_esta

Is the liquid in this bottle meant to be brown/green in real life? If not - don't get this from Priceline Australia; it's obviously old!

lyon
lyon

Now this is a weird one. I love it but sometimes I need a little effort to pull it off. It is certainly not summery at all, actually I wear it as my signature for winter/autumn days, so don't be fooled by the "eau" on its name, this is heavy. Anyway, "Star" is pleasant, comforting and it really makes you stand out. Warm but humid and somehow dewy, unique like everything Mugler put his name on. Once you spray it you have a sweet fruity-aquatic but also bitter and minty cloud engulfing you all around. It has pretty crazy sillage so make sure to strategically spray it once or twice, not more (not on spots like your chest, or any near your nose, otherwise you might get diabetes due to the honeyed-minty water from the firsts hours). That being said, "Eau de Star" is delighful once you have tamed the beast - maybe her mother's DNA inheritance? Also, unisex and compliment getter, as usual with this brand.

newton904@hotmail.co.uk
newton904@hotmail.co.uk

Bought this as a blind purchase after reading reviews - I love Angel, Angel Rose and Taste of Fragrance Angel but this is not at all reminiscent of Angel on my skin at all. I get lots and lots of black pepper - no sweetness on the dry down - I think I will grow to like this but generally it is not sweet enough for me -
Can anyone tell me why some of the Eau de Star are yellowish and some bluish?

Strong but unobtrusive scent, sweet, with prominent patchouli, but somehow 'frozen', like water turned to ice. Very modern, I think, interesting orient, extraordinary in this family.
My cousin used it when she visited me, and she reported that several people asked her on a bus 'what perfume do you use? So beautiful...'
I've never got so many compliments within an hour, so possibly this fragrance worked even better for her than for me.
I don't find it similar to Angel. All in all, Angel is sweet magical madness, and Eau de Star is sweet modern orient.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

True to it's name, eau de star is certainly a more watery and fresh version of angel. You might almost wonder where the similarities even lie if you've never smelt this before judging by the notes.
Let me tell you, I knew it as soon as I got it in the mail because the spicy smell was permeating the packaging. The spicy angel reminiscent patchouli is serious business and it's here to stay.

Eau de star is a mouth watering juicy and spicy fun fragrance. The fragrance smells like a freshly cut watermelon, just dribbling out with that sweet stuff in every spray.
The honey note that comes out in the middle adds a gooey almost too sweet element but works surprisingly well with the watery fruity notes. It dissolves well into the mixture just moments after it arrives.
The patchouli and fruit ring loud and clear the whole fragrance, the honey sticks around too after it is introduced in the middle. I hardly smell mimose and vanilla, maybe barely detectable in little whiffs.

Great fragrance for a summer night party

nikkibom
nikkibom

I LOVE loud scents! Seeing the reviews here - I am gonna order it soon as possible! I remember when I used to wear Kenzo Jungle elephant
years ago, at work i would hear somebody shout at the bottom of the corridor 'Nikki is coming - can smell her but have not seen her yet!" :-)

G00D_Girl

This smells like sweaty hippies who have just indulged in elicit drugs...
I mean this in the best possible way...

I like to ware this when I am feeling rather bohemian...

Apply with I a light hand

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

To start off I really like, almost love this but it is a weird one, a very strong, sharp scent.

First smell from the bottle was straight black pepper ???
After applying I get water, pepper and patchoulli, very sharp and strong.. Slowly some sweetness comes thru, the honey, vanilla and saffron.. If there is watermelon its totally covered by the other scents.

Same vibe as Angel but not really anything like it, where Angel is sweet caramel sugar this is sharp black pepper.

jmilla
jmilla

I buy this fragrance over and over again. With my skin combo I receive a lot of compliments on this fragrance. Yes it is intense so it is more a fall/winter scent. It can cut through the cold air like a sharp knife. I love it!

kellbell73
kellbell73

On me this was a strong, masculine patchouli with something sweet and rotten underneath. God bless anyone that can pull this off. I think it hated me.

scentedrat
scentedrat

I think this one ruined aquatic scents for me forever. I liked it at first, but it quickly became overpowering. The sweet notes were too much, and the aquatic note, instead of balancing it, just added another strong scent on top. I would never dream of wearing this in public! WAY strong! It really grossed me out after a short time, and now if I smell anything aquatic in a perfume it reminds me of Star and turns me off.

I think my chemistry doesn't do well with strong scents in general. I loved original Angel right up until the moment it hit my skin, lol.

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

This is a tricky one. I know quite a lot of people who find this a very offensive scent, and I can kind of see why. It's loud, in-your-face, it really loves attention and can be a bit intrusive. On the other hand I do occasionally get compliments from random strangers when I wear this. I rather like it myself, it is a bold, interesting fragrance that isn't afraid to take up a bit of room. To me it smells like liquorice all-sorts which I love - every now and again, just like this scent. I got a full size bottle at work when I had a job with a fashion magazine (those were the days) and, unlike some of my colleagues, was quite happy to take it. But I don't think I'd ever spend my own money on this or ask for it as a gift. I like it but I don't love it. Which is a bit weird as it seems such a love-it or loathe-it perfume, yet I'm very much firmly in the middle.
I would recommend this to women who don't mind making a strong impression, who like very strong bold scents, and who like those scents to be sweet sweet sweet (Boom! Honey - Whack! Vanilla - Kepow! Watermelon). In a way it reminds me a little bit of Kenzo Jungle Elephant. Not that it smells remotely similar, and I do think Elephant is by far the superior fragrance, so unusual and interesting and well-blended. But they are *there*, there's no getting around them, they don't apologise for anything. They definitely require a confident wearer, and both are projection and longevity heavy-weights. Sillage of Eau de Star could be described as monstrous so please apply with caution.

AshyAC
AshyAC

smells like watermelon first, then licorice
the licorice feeling is a combo of sweet and a little bit bitter
it claims to be a mouthwatering frag, it really is.
very very long lasting, only 2 sprays are enough
so it seems that you can use a 1.7oz one forever!

Patty Cake
Patty Cake

I like the original Angel but don't wear it. It is just too sharp and explosive. I usually love Oriental perfumes and find florals lacking in depth and warmth. Finding a summer fragrance is very difficult for me and I really dislike all the newer versions.
Then I tried Eau de Star. I like it. I have no idea why. It's a tease really. I smell the aquatic notes and the patchouli notes and maybe the vanilla. My nose just keeps sniffing away trying to figure it out. To me it is a dewy summer morning or better yet a sticky summer evening by the pond. It's not for everyone but I'm keeping my bottle and enjoying it. Oh, and if you want a perfect combo plate, order the original Angel with a spritz of Eau de Star over it…. very nice indeed.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I didn't have a very high expectation to Eau de Star as the list of notes doesn't seem to be that promising. Like many have pointed out, it opens like Angel washed by sea water. The chocolate vibe from the original is brought away by waves. What's left is sharp, raw, loud patchouli soaked in salty water.

Then I get some whiffs of watermelon. And to my delightful surprise, it smells very close to real juicy watermelons, just like those we eat in summer. At the same time, the sharp patchouli quickly mellows, and completely disappears after 2 hours. The whole scent now turns from green-aquatic to a creamy salted honey-vanilla. The salty aspect makes it smell almost like salted caramel or popcorn, but in an elaborated way like, for exemple, Prada Candy. Watermelon is still detectable, and pops out here and there. I never thought of combining dewy watermelon with creamy honey and vanilla. It's still wierd, but in a bizarre harmony, like Minor accord in music.

The sillage is good, I get whiffs from time to time without suffocating. The longevity is at least 7 hours. To me, it's a fragrance with unusual combination and it works well. After wearing it for several hours, I honestly think it is quite remote to Angel though it might have got some inspiration from it. Eau de Star is warm to my nose, but with unmistakable summery aura. Definitely worth at least a try.

scratchnsniff29

I was also amazed at the fact that the watermelon smelled authentic. A lot of fragrances tend to make that jolly rancher smell of a watermelon. I smells like the puddle of juice that's in the rind after you devoure the entire slice.

scratchnsniff29

This perfume smells so mothafreaking good! When I first spray it I smell a lot of patchouli which I love and then I smell mouth watering juicy watermelon. When it dries down, I'm left with a lovely warm sweet honey and vanilla with a hint of melon hanging around in the backround. If you don't like patchouli or warm fragrances you might dislike it.

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

Just got my dab on 5ml sample today. Firstly I can smell it through the box, bubble wrap & packaging - not always a good sign! When I sniff from the bottle, it seems quite harsh & strong, a little like perfume that has 'gone off' or been around too long (you know that old lady's perfume that is obviously over 10yrs old!). I dab a little on my wrist, just a tiny amount. Whoa, bang, LOUD patch & something deep & fruity, I also get the minty vibe others have talked about.....hang on its turning into strong sweet but salty honey, I don't even know what to think....Giving it more time to settle lets the honey soften, the patchouli warm into your skin - now I'm enjoying this. I don't know about aquatic or watermelon, to me its a sweet patch with honey & a touch of mimosa. I think I like it, especially for nights out, will have to give it more time - it reminds me of the time I first smelled Gucci Rush which I grew to absolutely love. As for Angel I have never even tried it on my skin, some of my ex-colleagues overwore it sooooo much it completely put me off that one. I shall update in time......sniffing my wrists mmmm.......

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

Upon first spraying Eau de Star, I smell a smooth, sweet watermelon mixed with a fresh aquatic burst and something a bit green. This opening does not last longer than a few minutes, and it begins to settle into what it is for the rest of the time on my skin: a deep, cozy, sweet patchouli and vanilla/honey, with a touch of the watermelon sweetness.

It is interesting to me that so many people review this as a "cool" scent...to me it is definitely suited for warmer weather, but I don't get a refreshing feeling from it. I tend to like "warm" perfumes and I feel like they suit my personality, but many of my favorites become cloying in the heat. This one seems to have a built-in air conditioner for itself to keep it from overheating. ;) Kind of the feeling of a pleasantly warm day at the beach.

miss mills
miss mills

Oh, this perfume is so...weird! The watermelon mixed with patchouli turns minty to my nose! Like a strange patchouli vanilla toothpaste! Almost, or very, very vaguely a Cool Water vibe - but when you add HEAVY dollops of vanilla, Lordy, I can't quite make this one out! I think if I had never smelt Angel, my nose wouldn't be so confused right now.

I used to think an aquatic oriental would be my idea of heaven and this is it right here - and I am struggling between feeling it's totally original vs totally unwearable. Argh!! It's kind of how I felt when I first smelt Hypnotic Poison, the confusion, that is. Although there was no doubt after one wear of HP whereas I suspect this will be a one wear only deal for me. Laguna by Dali is my kind of wearable aquatic oriental. This is possibly too heavy on the watermelon for me. but I kind of like it. Oh, confusion!

perfumistaloca
perfumistaloca

.. Today a get my order with it. I bought it blind, trusting the brand and i´m absolutely satisfied. that´s sophisticate fragance, warm and intense, gripping and mysterious. It´s good for fall and winter. you´ll never be unseen with it!

G00D_Girl

PSA: DO NOT SRAY MORE THEN ONCE!

Also try spraying at a distance or in to the air.

When I first tried this I thought it was the most vile, putrid sent I have ever encountered.
It took me a year to re visit this diamond in the rough.
Although it is not one I cant live without.
I can now apricate this sometimes hard to love fragrance.
Apply this with a light hand it can be rather nice.
It would probably make a really great night out fragrance.
It is certainly not your typical feminine fragrance.

moraine
moraine

To me this smells like a swamp. I mean it in a good way - tramping around a mossy, buggy wetland on a hot, muggy, rainy day, sweating, stirring up all sorts of hidden primordial smells...very satisfying. For me it is not very wearable though.

cmoca
cmoca

Unfortunately, I don't smell tasty watermelon, nor patchouli. I smell pepper and green alien dog puke.
I tried to like it, I really did. I went light, maybe to just get the freshness without the re-gurg.. No effect. Didn't wash off. Had to cover with Arden's Red door velvet version.
It smells nice until you get to the puke, and then you can taste it. But if you only take very small whiffs of it, it smells really nice..
(I know, take away my balloons, just don't wear it around me)

purrz11
purrz11

This is really beautiful. I get patchouli and watermelon from beginning to end. I can't find any honey or vanilla but it is aquatic. It reminds me of eating watermelon on the beach. It has enormous sillage and must be applied with a light hand. I oversprayed and found myself gasping for air. This one definitely won't go unnoticed.

b@by
b@by

Very very sweet. Watery notes and watermelon really stand out, very cooling and fresh. The silliage on this thing is astounding. Frightening even... it puts most of my EDPs to shame, and it's only an EDT. Use sparingly unless you want to make a statement.

soonflower
soonflower

Eau de Star is quite amazing.
On my skin it's very fresh, aquatic with a subtle patchouli-honey undertone.
And that aroma lasts for many hours.

Drydown is more gourmand, I detect caramell, patchouli with vanilla, very nice, not too sweet.

It's very longlasting.

I won't compare it to regular Angel, because they are absolutely different aromas.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I don't know why the review "cold" seems to be popping up every now and again. Yes, it's a slightly fresh fragrance but perhaps it's the supposed coldness of watermelon and a super dry white Cabernet sauvignon that reviewers have just associated this with?
Not sure.
On me it's the warmest, sexiest, tastiest, most lucious smell I've ever encountered.

I remember getting a sample vial ages ago, probably when the perfume was first released. I used it going out and the amount of comments I got from mostly females was amazing. Never before and never since!

I was lately perusing ebay for a new signature scent and remember my swift romance with Eau de Star.
I quickly purchased and it soon arrived... I didn't want it to be true.
Pepper, pepper, pepper :-( And that was all!!! What happened?

devastated I read that some perfumes might change their fragrance by just laying around in a box for ages, so tried it again.... and OMG!!!!! This juvenile expression just nails it. Welcome back sexy me.

A male friend got to smell and he said: This is how a naughty Audrey Hepburn would smell. Or better yet: like Claudia Cardinale. "You smell eatable but in a very carnal way"

So yes. It seems that this little gourmand will be a staple for me. Love it so much.

i tried this for the last time this week and it's just not for me. this is lightly sweetened patchouli on ice. ozone patchouli. airy patchouli. pretty much all patchouli all the time.the 1st hour of wearing it it actually makes you feel cold. so i guess that would be a plus for summer wear. but, it's heavy enough in longevity and projection for winter wear too. lasting time was well over 10 hrs on me. it's no doubt about it, a well made perfume, but i just can't wear this much patchouli. so farewell, my patchouli frenemie.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I smell patchouli, vanilla, watermelon and black pepper. Strong sillage and longevity. Interesting and unusual fragrance but did not agree with me. Swapped.

tojuju
tojuju

Fresh..beautiful... reminds me cold winter days,and magical angels..... love love it..

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

Its BIG fragrance!Very strong,fresh,spicy(pepper) and aquatic. Truly masterpiece,i love this frag. Longevity 10/10 very good for summer.I recommend,typical for T.M.Sorry my english.

Kione
Kione

This fragrance has me puzzled.

I tried it at winterlast year first, and thought it smelled nice but too cool, so thought I keep it for the summer. This summer went on holiday to a warmer country and I took it with me. It just doesn't work in hot humid weather, I wore it because I am quite stubborn like that, but it ended making me feel sick. Didn't get compliments either. It was strange because I enjoyed sparying it on me, but it made me feel sick at the same time!

So borught it back to a cooler country and put it on the other day, we have autumm weather now and i told my partner who was sitting near me how it made me feel sick on the holiday. He said that it was making him feel sick too! and he really didn't like it.

Sorry I can't write a more discribing review, but I can't I can't decide if I like it or not, if it is sweet or warm or cool or if it is a tad masculine or not. Its very puzzling!

Only recently Eau de Star by Thierry Mugler made an appearance in our Australian stores for what I believe is the very first time. It is a little odd seeming that this fragrance was released way back in 2007. Nevertheless, I'm glad that I now have the chance to smell it.

Eau de Star is an Angel flanker that tends to stand on its own two feet. I would say that it's only a quarter of the original, and nowhere near as sweet or chocolatey.

I absolutely adored the opening of Eau de Star, so much so that I contemplated returning to the store and purchasing a bottle ASAP. It was earthy and lush on the skin. The perfect blend of patchouli, honey and vanilla, freshened up with a hint of sweet, mushy watermelon.

Unfortunately the heart and drydown weren't as pretty on my skin. Eau de Star becomes increasingly more crisp and fresh, sending off some serious Summer vibes. It's kind of like an oriental for hot weather, with an interesting salty seawater accord.

I've smelt many cheap knockoffs of Angel, and in some ways Eau de Star reminds me of them. That's not to say that it doesn't smell genuine, I mean it as a way of comparison to Angel EDP.

Although Eau de Star has relatively weak to moderate sillage, it lasts like a typical Thierry Mugler fragrance. It would probably take two to three showers to scrub this off your skin. If you're familiar with the original Angel, I think it would be interesting to test this flanker and compare the two. Who knows, it may serve as the perfect Summer counterpart when Angel seems too cloying.

Kamaty
Kamaty

Lovely fresh Angel... Is really good for hot days whit moderate spritz.
I get watermelow in first note but the drydown is honey/ patchouli green woody.
Is a litlle bit masculine but delicious.
The sillage is soft but stay long on skin.
I love you Thierry Mugler!!!!!

Tsz
Tsz

Just bought it and Love it. It smells better than Angel on me. Great scent.

SilvanaMo
SilvanaMo

no início muito mel.
depois de 20 min. acalma e fica bom...bom mesmo!

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

I agree with those reviewers that say this is a summer friendly Angel. I was iffy about the notes blending but pleasantly surprised I can definitely smell patchouli, aquatics and watermelon. Neat fragrance. :)

rosembloom

Update: I am beginning to fall in love with this crisp version of angel. For a true angel vibe, I add Fancy Nights and Vanilla oil. Great with Champa oil too. It is very long lasting, projects beautifully and is well worth every cent. Now that I layer it over vanilla or amber oil, I love it. Not so long ago, the notes above stated ' patchouli and vanilla accord' and that was all. I was sure I could detect a note I love in Ombre Rose ( Jean Charles Brosseau) and others and now it appears in the database: honey!!! Indeed, I can now smell that heavy sweet and musky scent on my skin. I can now smell Womanity in it, along with Angel. It truly baffles me. This perfume leaves an impression and I get so many compliments on it. Kind of ironic because I started off hating it. Then, it became barely a like... the vanilla in the fragrance is coldish: perfect for summer. If I want to warm it up, I find it easily layerable (if that is a term, lol). As a fresher aquatic version of Angel, I now give it an 8. One needs to get to know this Star until she becomes an aquired taste. The pyramidal structure is well defined on my skin, its llongevity is amazing on me: one spray on each wrist or behind the ears is enough to last me the day and my clothes can smell of it for many days also. I do not find it to be vanillic in a gourmand way at all. I find it bold and fierceless and perfect for a confidence boost! This Star does not go un noticed :)

TillyWave
TillyWave

Congrats to those who wax poetic about Star, admittedly I got a blind mini based on reviews.

I applied and it smelled sweet, a bit rough, with some menthol around patchouli. It radiated. It smelled like sweet patch. And that's all it did. It never changed intensity or mood, it did absolutely nothing. It was as one dimentional as a blue light bulb. I tried it a few times to no avail, wearing it was like wearing a really strong dry down.

Star just didn't work for me. Oh well.

angelle
angelle

Now that I am on to bottle number two I am really in love with this fragrance. I wear it to work or where ever the mood takes me, I don't find it over powering, I could not wear the original Angel to work for fear I would upset someone with the overpowering lingering fragrance cloud that seems to follow people (not myself as I don't notice it) who are wearing it around. Too bad I can only find it in a 50ml bottle. It not an overly common fragrance in Australia which is what makes it even more appealing I am always looking for something "different" not the everyday stuff you find in stores and pharmacies. TRY IT !

vicka16
vicka16

I'm in love with Eau de Star! I don't know what is so particular about this perfume (especially that i'm not a big fun of patchouli), but I just can't stop sniffing if from my wrist.
The sillage and staying power are amaizing! It lasts on me for about 12h!

UPDATE: it grew on me very fast actually. I'm in love with this fragrance now!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

I like this perfume a lot . Is the fresh version of Angel , it's Aquatic-Angel . Very long-lasting . Wearable in the hot days . Positive vote .

Bunniewabbit
Bunniewabbit

this is a very masculine scent It smelled like cologne on me but still a very neat earthy smell. I had to give it away :(

Pinja
Pinja

Patchouli, vanilla, aquatic notes, mint/menthol, spices. There's more going on in Eau De Star than just the first two.
Quite a strange fragrance.

What I first smelled -and I mean this in a most positive way- was fresh fishy aquatics and five spice.

(Also, I post here it's description from Perfumes, The Guide: "toothpaste Angel." I do this because the lack of more than just 2 notes here on Fragrantica is misleading. It does not give enough information on Eau De Star).

Hollie
Hollie

Someone has just baked a fresh batch of homemade sugar doughnuts and has set them on a plate in the window to cool.Meanwhile, a lawnmower hums outdoors and the crisp,choking scent of green(patchouli) mingles with the vapors of sweetened dough. There is something very simple about Eud de Star yet it doesn't smell like anything else in my collection. The only scent it comes close to is my Molinard Vanille Patchouli(which seems obvious.) Eau de Star becomes Eau so sweet as it dries down...morphing into something more like a chocolate and ricotta filled crepe than simple doughnut (the ricotta reference is to an underlying sour creaminess that almost takes on that "yeasty" quality mentioned by others) And woven throughout from start to finish is a very faint trace of black licorice that seems to lessen in the drydown but when suggested, brings to mind an over all medicinal quality.

Others have stated that the patchouli in Eau de Star is overwelming but from a patchouli lover's point of view, I do not find this one to be overbearing.

I rarely pick this one to use from my collection but when I do, I remember that I do actually find it quite alluring.

P.S. What's with the floater?

G00D_Girl

I don't know how I feel about this one just yet...

The pachouli is SO strong, it smells medicinal. As if someone took fresh pachouli used a mortal and pestle to mash it up and smeared it on my body... It also has a slight black licorice note.

This makes me think of sweat...

Its not so bad in the dry down, but holy hell you have to get through the opening first!

IMO this smells a lot like Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka. I much prefer LL to this sent... I find this way to strong for my liking...

If you find that you ALMOST like this but find it way to strong give Lolita Lempicka a try I think you might like it :)

rosembloom

now, more than ever, it smells like cucumber and pepper... strange! Am i the only one to get no vanilla.. Is it truly supposed to resemble Angel or is it, as I believe, a fragrance of it's own nature and name? Then why do so many state it as a 'watered-down version of Angel'? Actually, it reminds me more of Womanity with it's caviar note !

rosembloom

A waker-upper if i've ever had one! I'm one of the lucky ones since I do NOT compare it at all to Angel. It starts off citrusy as if bergamot and lemon were the first to hit the olfactory runway. I Give it about half an hour and I smell sea salt, celery (some say cucumber), and PEPPER! black pepper to be exact! This is the note that intrigues me the most and reminds me of Magie Noire a bit. The patchouli , of course, is here THE star! It starts off slightly bitter, very oriental and authentic (smells like the essential oil I buy frequently for it's soothing properties and crisp yet leafy, mossy scent). AS the sea-salt (not mentioned of course) and the patchouli leave center-stage , a soft musky vanilla pops out, dark and sensuous. It has a vintage quality I cannot pin down . This is a classy, versatile, somewhat serious and elegant fragrance which so far draws not only attention but compliments. I am quite surprised to find it 'growing on me' all the time. I began my Star journey by despising it's acrid top notes but when I decided to keep it for two hours on my wrist before purchasing it, I found a fountain of sensous notes turning my everymorning into a lush tropical espcape. Thanx for the reviews Fragranticans! keep going!!!!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I recieved this cute thing on a swapp(thank you my dear smellME for intreduced me this one), I was not sure what to expect.. I really love this one, I´m glad I grab one ;).. I won´t let go anywhere, I didn´t even meet this one before I swapp, Well.. in my skin this is very simmilar as angel, I was going to buy the angel,but I guess I don´t need to.. not to mention the huge long lasting that it has,much more 24hours,and it´s still strong,2 sprays it´s enough for almost 2 days lol it´s insane,also got many good compliments, I am so happy to own this,and gonna put this one in my collection ;)
Higly Recommended ..

Sillage:10/10
Longetivity: 10/10

I read all of the conflicting reviews before buying this, and I'm glad I went with my gut and purchased it. I love Thierry Mugler's creations and have been wearing Angel (on and off of course) for 17 years! I've always wanted to buy another one of his fragrances, but never did until now.

I thought all the descriptions of cucumber in this scent were maybe a bit exaggerated. But when I sprayed this on, I kept getting intense whiffs of cucumber every now and again. It's clean and refreshing, a new twist on the classic Angel.

If I put my nose close to my wrist, I smell patchouli and vanilla very clearly. I can hardly stand patchouli, but Mugler is the only perfumer who can craft a patchouli perfume that I will actually love.

This perfume smells more complex than the notes indicate. I do feel that Angel is much too strong to wear on a daily basis, but this Eau is the perfect compromise. It still smells like Angel, but a cleaner, lighter, crisper, simpler version for day use. The lasting time on the skin is great, considering it's an Eau. And the longer I wear the perfume, the more rich and exquisite it becomes! I smell hints of honey, sweet pineapple, soft cocoa, and creme anglaise.

Honestly, it's really, really delicious. I daresay that I might like this better than the original :/

The bottle is stunning! The little star is actually a small plastic insert floating around inside with the liquid. It's so unique and worth owning just for the bottle.

Eau de Star would be very easy to layer with the original Angel at night when going from the office to an evening event.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

I tried so hard to like this one. I love the Garden of Stars versions of Angel. I had been looking for a fragrance with a dominant patchouli note when I saw Eau de Star at TJ Maxx. For $20.00, I thought it was well worth a try. Someone earlier mentioned a macaroni smell. I, too, get some kind of yeasty, pasta-like smell in the top notes. The far dry down is lovely, but that yeasty note kills it for me. I'll be returning this one.

Eau de Star is just a non-sugary but sweet patchouli to me. It's the simplest variation of Angel (or it's not related to Angel?)... Yes, there is no salt, no fruit, nor flower. No relation to any Sunessence or anything... really. There are many better options from this house, so save your money and spend on something else that's more interesting.

ahnm
ahnm

thierry mugler fragrances are really a work of art! with just 2 notes, it smells so sophisticated and complex. and i also love how it smells different on every person. my brother also wears this one, and it smells bold and masculine on him, whereas on me it's soft, warm, and feminine. amazing!

vanillabean23

Further to my earlier review - I've made up my mind and I LOVE IT! Beautiful for summer and it lasts forever!

Dilly
Dilly

I was a little non plussed about this fragrance in the bottle, it was like a weak Angel with a cucumber hue. I sprayed and went to work. I've lost count of the compliments, and I have skin that doesn't amp' fragrance. Everyday clean fragrance with a twist. It has that Mugler vibe on the skin, give it an hour.......

adele l
adele l

I love the original Angel..so unique with the best staying power around. Eau de Star bears a very superficial resemblance to the original but is definitely more suitable for everyday wear- no dirty notes whatsoever on me. I am definitely detecting some cucumber and wood notes but no patchouli and it's only slightly sweet...more of a refreshing cologne really. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous!

Gigifst
Gigifst

Great, lovely and eatable one...It remembers me of Angel but i wish it lasts longer...I guess now i'm ready for Angel as this one starts to feel too weak for me...:)

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

To me, this smelled like watered down angel and.... macaroni? I know it makes no sense, but at the first smell, i immediately pictured a pot of boiling macaroni. I don't like it one bit. But, then, I don't like Angel, so no surprise.

vanillabean23

This one is weird. I don't know whether I love it or hate it. The initial dousing is a little bit on the watery/weak side, then I get a burst of cucumber and then a lovely light sweetness. The staying power is very good. I don't get much vanilla or patchouli - the cucumber aroma is very pronounced. Then again, it could be my snozz malfunctioning. I'm still sitting on the fence with this one...

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

Meh...it's OK. I prefer the Angel Sunessences Blue Lagon and Ocean D'Argent--they have much more personality.

No salt...NO salt!!! Whoever says this smells like a sea breeze, or sea water, ocean, etc. etc., can I please have your body chemistry? I agree with sherapop, who said there is a yeasty note--that's the closest I got to salt.

It smells to me like unfocused chocolatey vanilla through a smudged screen of patchouli, with yeast. Like I said, meh. It's OK. Lasting power about 4-6 hours.

The impression I get from this Eau de Star is like the echoes in your head of a dream you had last night about Angel, but it wasn't the dream you had right before getting up in the morning. It was the dream you had several wake-ups ago during the night, which was fantastic and compelling at the time, but has faded to the point that you can barely remember it. It's just impossible to recapture the essence of the fantastic experience that you knew was there...

pbandabby@gmail.com
pbandabby@gmail.com

smells like stinky feet masked by cheap perfume. sad cause i have a whole bottle, anybody wanna trade??

jasonx
jasonx

This one is so weird and I'm not complaining :D.
It is sweet and salty at the same time. The moment it touches my skin I can smell the melon note which reminds me of other aquatic. But soon, the vanilla/patchouli combo of Angel arrives along with the feel of salt and pepper. The sweet and savory combination of this fragrance is so addicting. The saltiness makes the sweetness of this fragrance more delicious. And the whole affair ends with the subtle sweetness takes over with the slight hint of saltiness still lingers on This fragrance can be pretty cloying in extremely hot weather but it is mesmerizing in cool weather with a little wind.
I think this is even more a love it or hate it fragrance than Angel because not everybody can tolerate the combination of sweet and savory. This one smell very synthetic but it works.

NiteAngel
NiteAngel

« An excellent choice for those of us who embrace the idea of Angel but just can't stand the actual product. I don't see Eau de Star as a "cheat," but instead as a much more streamlined version of the original. » - Keilidh

Could not have said it better myself. The drydown is way lighter on the patchouli than Angel so it is more manageable for the not-so-fond-of-patchouli and the vanilla is not sickeningly sweet either. It might be a bit too androgynous for some though, somewhat of a compromise between Angel and A*Men. Personnaly, I don’t get the ocean-salt impression.

LadiesRed

After I've sprayed myself, despite the humid weather, the powerful note of Patchouli and elegant Vanilla transformed into something on my skin that I could not put into words...

The sweetness and tenderness of a forbidden garden laden with dew covered succulent flowers and warm wood filled the air.

My heart felt as though I was about to meet eye-to-eye of a secret admirer...

LadiesRed

I finally got the perfume! Did any one know that the liquid is not blue but green? Not sure if this is right, but I'll get to how it smells.

For a perfume of only 2 notes, it smells strong, green but woody green, not dewy green.

The vanilla is definitely there, gently merged with with the patchouli, waiting for it's turn to resonate it's true potential.

Don't let the bombshell effect/ first impression turn you away from this perfume, the scent will change into something alluring in 5/10 minutes. People around you will wonder what you are wearing!

A beautiful light oriental.

LadiesRed

This perfume was launched in 2007.

Spiritkind, you are soooo much smelling this one like I do!! I find it quite green too, but very sunny green! I think this one to be one of the best Muglers out there! But for Mugler, this is a really green perfume!

aelias
aelias

This could be a unisex fragrance, in my opinion. Personally, I enjoy it - the patchouli and vanilla mix is very unique. I wished it lasted a bit longer...

boussoulitsa
boussoulitsa

I had this perfume,and I have to say I dislike it wholeheartedly!!!!! :P It is just too sweet,and it gradually becomes bitter on my skin.It just makes me sick.Angel,on the other hand is better.

Aroussa
Aroussa

Eau de vomit! It's the most contradictory perfume experience I've ever had: on the one hand, an Angel that's been bathed in blue oceanic waters - what could be more attractive than that? On the other hand - Angel bathed in ocean waters in reality, at least to me, is deeply and disturbigly neauseating. I don't think I can wear this. It's an original, attention worthy fragrance, but very polarizing. Starry heaven to some, stomach-turnig hell for others. Which one will it be for you?

melia
melia

I wouldn't even call this a watery version of angel... It's more like a bad version of womanity (or begin-stadium?)! It has saltyness and masculinity which in womanity is subtly nuanced with femininity... While here, it is just nót done with care and to much marine water. It just is annoying to me the whole time... Pierces through everything else. No, not flattering at all, at least; to me.

I looooove this one!!
It reminds me of my childhood, I get really strong green associations with this. It is not a typical sweet oriental, it is very thick but very refreshing as well! One of my favorites of the Mugler line for sure!!

teedee
teedee

i think the perfumes is more complex than just patchouli and vanilla.

i get sweet vanilla milk with very faint aquatic hint on top. on the base i got sweet vanilla with soft patchouli. i love love love this one :)

sileage is pretty good too :)

APassionateJourney

This was pointless to make, IMHO. This is Angel in the most watered down form. No top notes. This is the VERY bottom of the bottom notes of Angel. Like, the last 5 minutes. The thing that makes Angel so unique is that it isn't afraid to be sharp, loud and abrasive. When you take those three elements away you're left with a watered down, sugar-coated version of something you fell in love with that was so bold and daring. Like an outspoken friend who now sugar coats all of their lectures.

susieqrj
susieqrj

This one and Angel Sunessence are the only secure to use versions of Angel. The original is way too sweet, copied, overwhelming.

While Sunessence is faithful to the original (on a tender version), Eau de Star can be considered a "dont be afraid to use" - it got rid of all the sugar and annoyance that Angel has but its spirit is still there: the vanilla and patchouli accord.

BurningAcid
BurningAcid

I think this perfume is less wearable than Angel! with Angel I can agree, but I don`t like the vanilla dry down, it is just not the right vanilla for me. But eau de Star is some how really strong and unpeasant. I can`t agree that this is a lighter version of Angel. I would not wear this in summer or any other season.
Smells like water with baked meat to me!

APassionateJourney

This smells like the most watered down version of Angel. The worst kind of Angel. This is the dryest of the drydown of Angel with no chocolate, no vanilla and none of the other foods in Angel. This is the safe version. My aunt wears this. It smells like they tried to make an Angel but weren't brave enough so they cut too many corners. Angel isn't a fragrance where you should cut the corners. Either you're gonna do it, or you're not. You're either gonna jump off the ledge or walk back down the mountain.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

To me this is pure honey. I had forgotten I had this one. It's more like a spring summer scent! I haven't wore it in a while but I will do soon.

My first reaction upon applying EAU DE STAR, was: "Wow, the drydown of ANGEL without the agony of the opening!"

A few seconds later, I began to perceive something slightly different: an expanding blob of warm yeast bread dough. It is somewhat salty, as other reviewers have remarked, but I find EAU DE STAR to be a very good facsimile of warm, yeasty bread dough in the process of rising.

The patchouli and vanilla produce the yeasty dough, but something else imparts a salty character. The only question that remains is: do I want to smell like rising bread dough? Hmmm...

EAU DE STAR is definitely a comfort scent, but you must love patchouli and bread to be able to wear this frag. It's not at all cloying or nauseating or anything negative. But it is what it is: warm rising bread dough, filled with air ready to be punched down. And this blob will rise again: excellent longevity and sillage! Definitely distinctive...

guest_jsc
guest_jsc

I have been looking for the right scent for quite some time. I finally found the right one and it's this one! When I wear Star, people constantly ask me what perfume I'm wearing. They also need to understand that different scents mix differently with your individual chemistry.

dianacreole
dianacreole

Just like Dark Curls noted, I am one of the many who hated this at first. I wasn't expecting the saltiness of it so much that despite being an avid TM fan, I scrubbed it off. I tried it a second time and fell in love! No surprise, as this is what's happened so far with every TM scent except for Alien.

Now, it's added to my collection. I adore this one. I love the saltwater in the beginning and the splendid familiar drydown. This will be everytime I need to escape to the ocean. To me, (like Jacquie said) this is Ocean Angel - my newest love.

batabidd
batabidd

Whased out version of the original adding aldehydes, aquatic notes and mimosa with patchouli.
Not bad, little more feminine than the older version but still cool on a brave man like me hehe!

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

This fragrance is very original, because the scent has the sweetness of Angel mixed with the freshness of a soft eau de toilette.

It reminds me of the original Angel mixed with water and something wich makes this work also in men´s skin(this perfume is not too feminine).

I feel this scent a bit powdery, clean and sweet. Perfect for spring, I like to use this in evenings and nights.
The staying power is extremely good, and you only need a couple of sprays to be scented for hours.

I recommend this to men and women who likes original fragrances.

Dark Curls

hmm i am surprised so many hate this or hate it at 1st..for me it was love at 1st sniff. Nothing else smells like this.

Moyra
Moyra

Let me preface this by saying that I have owned, worn and loved Angel. However, as the years go by, I admit that it becomes an increasingly more violent patchouli kick in the derriere.
And even though everyone goes on and on about the original Angel being "too sweet" or even "cloying", on me it is an interesting and intense twist on patchouli, with very little sweetness. Seriously.

I can see how Eau de Star bears a sort of "genetic" resemblance to Angel, but its NOT a linear "just vanilla and patchouli" scent, like the notes would indicate. Its quite fascinating to follow Eau de Star's development from Honey to Linden Blossoms, from Magnolia to Citrus overlaid on a very soft, non-screeching patchouli and vanilla base.
Nowhere, and at no point in its development, does it smell like the sea or water on me.

PR, below, notes its resemblance to "urine" - I do not smell urine at ALL - but I stopped and thought about how Honey, as a perfume note, can smell peepee-like to some people, which pretty much confirms that honey is an important, non-disclosed note.

Eau de Star really is honeyed and pretty and far more feminine (and sweet!)than Angel.
However, It is not an "OMG, How FABULOUS!!!!" perfume, and probably not second bottle worthy to me (I bought it ultra ultra cheaply at TJ Maxx), but it is far more accessible and less aggressive than Angel while still retaining that general olfactory vibe.

UPDATE, a year and a half later: I have reached for this so often that I have to amend my "not second bottle worthy" statement. Eau de Star has joined my line-up of favorite summer scents. Over the last year and a half, I have come to love Eau de Star (in summer)and Chanel's gorgeous Coromandel (in winter) for their sweet patchouli loveliness, and to eschew my formerly beloved Angel and Angel Pivoine....

guest_rena10
guest_rena10

made me gag and want to throw up and then wash it off, threw the bottle in a ditch somewhere by my home. i love the original version. i have the SUNESSENCE ANGEL AND THAT IS WAY BETTER THAN THIS. ITS THE FRESH VERSES-SOUR ON ME.

c3c
c3c

Angel with seawater notes. Very strange but likable. It starts out smelling very much like Angel then the seawater kicks in giving it a fresh salty feel. I had tried this awhile back and didn't like it but I've been coming around to saltwater and "beach sand" type scents. To me it's slightly sweet and slightly bitter. An interesting combination.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I have this its okay its like a lighter version of Angel with a sea breeze accord.I can see this working good on a man as well.Its okay but, it doesn't have as much personality as Angel has.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

As a guy, I am so skeptical about this. A lot of you say that this works well with a man's chemistry... well, I am my own lab rat right now. I sprayed myself with my aunt's bottle (that sounds so bad). :-)

I'll wait a good 10 minutes and see what happens.................................................................................................................. I let this settle in for 30 minutes, and it's masculinity has yet to grow. It may not be sweet, but it is sweet on me and quite feminine. I will have to decline.

Great fragrance, but it is what it is... perfume.

Dark Curls

I have to agree with Aria-rose...Thierry Mugler has yet to fail us! His personal stories and influences are touching, the fragrances are devine and unique, the the bottles are one of a kind! He is by far my favorite perfume designer. Eau de Star is a gem of a fragrance. It reminds me of fresh water, and the vanilla and patchouli come together prefectly! It's no wonder that I love Eau de Star so much...I have always been a HUGE fan of both Patchouli and vanilla. This is a scent well suited for day, night, work, or play. :)

guest_Mrs.Surprised
guest_Mrs.Surprised

Today I bought Eau de Star, and at first....I wanted to throw up in my mouth. As the fragrance sat on my skin and clothes, it started to smell very nice. I only recommend one spray though as it maybe a bit over powering. I have always like deep scents like Gucci Rush..and D&G feminine...so this was added to my collection. I love the way it smells now and want to try Alien.

MoietToi
MoietToi

Being a huge fan of Angel I decided to try eau du Star. At first the opening was rather sweet and slightly similar to Angel. Suddenly the perfumes resemblance to Angel quickly faded and Eau du Star started smelling like a mix between cinnamon buns,ginger bread and almonds. Not at all bad if you ask me but like a borderline person has their mood swings,suddenly Eau du Star started smelling like marzipan. It was very strange since marzipan was not even listed as a note. About 30 mins later the perfume started smelling like vanilla creme and almonds. Not at all as woody as said in some other reviews on this page. Anyways I think that this perfume is abit too "meh" for me. Sure I like it but I don't think that it's worth buying. But it smelled much better on my friend than on me.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

On my skin, Eau de Star is a woody-aquatic fragrance. Because of that, I always pegged it for a summer scent, but today I had an urge to wear it and I'm surprised at how well it's working in the autumn weather! My appreciation of Eau de Star has advanced to a new level.

Aria-Rose
Aria-Rose

Oh my... What can I say? This makes you glimmer as the title is so eloquently named. A star hovering perfectly in place above the universe, but this potent fragrance may easily turn a person into a gaseous, chemically hazardous falling star, if over applied. I stand without complaints. So very nice. Who would think, simply 2 base notes would accomplish such a fine fragrance? I sense other florals within this scent. Perhaps Jasmine? The world may never know, but know this, Thierry Mugler has yet to fail us. I find his love for comic book heroes very interesting. It gives his fragrances an adventurous side most people can appreciate. He also appears to have a thing for ice. If you'll take the time to observe his gorgeous bottles, they almost seem to be "elegantly frozen."

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

No bad at all...
I feel so much honey here...
And I like it more than the original Angel, wich is awful.
^^

michele23
michele23

I got this yesterday and I HATE it.It smells a little floral not oriental.I dont know maybe I got a old bottle.I LOVE Angel but not this one at all.

shelpen
shelpen

No doubt the Angel theme was exploited here once again. You can definitely hear the original, yet this version is quite innocent, light... without being glamorous, it still is very attractive for the opposite sex. ;)
Think of Eau de Star as a bit less concentrated Angel with some freshness to it (watermelon-like, no citrus here!).
When in doubt if Angel may be too much, this will definitely do! :)

lillybee
lillybee

Eau de Star surprised me. I thought I won't like it as I prefer complex floral or woody orientals and this just seemed too simple. Which it is but it's not such a bad thing. At first it smells like vanilla sugar, strong and sweet. Hours later it mellows down into a soft, herbal woody skin scent, with only a touch of vanilla. The sillage however is more vanillic and sweet. I prefer it on my skin than its sillage.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

One of my biggest disappointments! Smells like herbal tea with salt and cough syrup. I love Alien and Angel but this one is a total scrubber :(

guynspfld
guynspfld

Well I expected to be enveloped in the smell of patchouli and vanilla. Sadly, I thought it smelled like very bad feminine hygiene. I was looking for something for my Mom and happened upon this. She loves Angel and from reading the reviews I didnt think I could go wrong. Well I sprayed some on my hand and walked around the store. I let someone smell it and they made a face. The more I smelled it the more I was wanted to vomit. I cannot believe Thierry Mugler was behind this. I was thinking it was a bad bottle or something, but I smelled it again and WOW IT DIDNT CHANGE!!! Sorry, but a bomb

Trinity
Trinity

As mentioned before (see my review on "Angel") Thierry Mugler's fragrances are not for everyone! You either love or hate them. "Eau de Star" therefore is no exception!

Again a friend of mine (who generously let me try some of her beloved "Angel" before) had a bottle of "Eau de Star" which she seldom used. She did not liked it very much and wanted to get rid of it…..She instead had asked me if I would like to have this fragrance and so I came into the possession of a bottle of nearly untouched "Eau de Star" 50 ml …..! :-)

At first, I did not liked it very much either! Too much watermelon in the opening! I do not like watermelon in a fragrance….(reminds me of "L'eau d'Issey" which I truly detest!) Luckily, the watermelon is not as dominant and rather soft and nice…..
As other reviewers mentioned before me, the aquatic note is clearly noticeable and makes this an interesting "Angel – Aqua" mix.
Not as strong as the original "Angel", which I think would rather suits colder weather, but very nice to wear for spring and the upcoming summer month.

I like "Eau de Star" very much….it is not too sweet and plays again on the male/female role. This would smell nice on a man too….if he has the guts to wear it ;-)

Jaquie
Jaquie

Very fresh and aquatic. It is not so sweet as Angel. I would call it "The Ocean Angel". Not one of my favourite scents but it`s ok.

Malegria
Malegria

Not sweet, kind of watered down. I did not like it much - but someone that thinks original Angel to be "too much" can like it and appreciate it. If it was my call, I would name it Innocence - it has something very pure in it...the absence of sensuality, despite of a pronounced patchouli accord.

kay_li13
kay_li13

yum! when i first sprayed this on my wrists, i thought it would be disgusting! the first spray smells sour and harsh to me, but once it settles into your skin, it smells sweet and woody to me and i like it. its simple and the smell stays the same throughout the course. i wasn't sure at first. in fact i was like this is going to be another overrated expensive perfume, but it turned out to be great!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Smells just like Angel to me.I don't like either because they smell musky and caramelish but not in a gourmand way more like a stale way.

trvevil has described this perfume the best way.although it hasn't any of gourmand sweet angel notes,it's still a Thierry Mugler perfume and I can find it out from a 100 km distance!
I can't say whether I like it or not.it's a little like Alien,but less warmer and less overwhelming and it's very similar to "stella in two" and the reason is clear.the notes are about the same.but this one is stronger than that.
although I mentioned it's less annoying perfume in Thierry Mugler perfumes,still it becomes a little overpowering for me after a while.
I think it has some hints from the seas and oceans too.maybe it's me but I smell something like the ocean.
totally if you like Thierry Muglers works,this would be good for you,but if you don't like his works,this one has nothing to offer you.

distortech
distortech

I love it. Thus far, this is my favourite version of Angel. Works well on guys too. GREAT!!!

Trvevil
Trvevil

What happens when you lose your beloved Angel bottle in ocean and leave it there for a while? You'll get this Eau de Star perfume! It's like Angel, but ocean washed away over-sweetness. I like the way the Angel base is 'looking through' the aquatic notes. It has 'nose stick to the bottle' effect too.
And staying power for EDT is awesome. Also I like the star inside the bottle.
For them who can't stand the over-sweetness of original. Very cool for summer, it's refreshing.

randik
randik

A sweet, fresh summer scent which will delight you! It is quite zesty:)

maschin
maschin

a very aquatic version of angel..fresh and nice for summer but it can't be compared with the original angel which is much sweeter and vanillary.i totally prefer angel..

PR
PR

When I think about Thierry Mugler's fragrances , I think 'gourmand' and oriental,and something you can put on the dining table would it be foodie,oriental or else..

this discovery surprised me greatly, since I haven't expected to get strong animal-like odour/urine along. And I've found this facet to be extremely strong, as pronounced as it is in JOY by Pateau, only less flowers more sugar. I couldn't bear it so I wasn't too analytical about everything else in it.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Mugler's Angel takes a dip in the ocean. An unusual combination of marine notes stacked on Angel's yummy gourmand base. Sounds strange, but on the skin, it's a gorgeous combo. Nothing will replace Angel for me, but this one is a worthwhile diversion. The sillage and persistance is remarkable for an EDT, too.

amanda
amanda

its a lighter and fresher version of angel, it has sg in common with l'eau par kenzo because of the honey smell. I prefer this one to angel which is too srtong and overhelming for me

rebella

This fragrance has become one of my summerfavourites. It is really refreshing and nice in hot weather.

rebella

At first it smells exactly as the hot honeywater my mother used to give me when I was small and have a cold. It´s really comforting and nice. Not long after there comes a herbal note... it smells a bit strange really... not bad, but unusual. The heart of this perfume is very much patcholi, but still not in a dominant or hippie way... soft, lingering and still familiar. Nice.

The drydown is very yummie... caramell, vanilla and wood. Caramell without being sweet... it´s actually very nice like a caramell fragrance for a more mature women.

There isn´t anything floralfruity about this so I absolutly recommend it if you want to try an unique fragrance that isn´t to heavy or dominant.

guest_Martina
guest_Martina

very different,interesting smell,I like it much more that the original Angel

jeca
jeca

This perfume is not so sweet as the original, Angel, with highlight on woody tones. Not bad, but Angel is better ;o)

2007

Eau de Star by Thierry Mugler 3.39 out of 5 based on 453 ratings and 126 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Eau de Star fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Eau de Star, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Star by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Star by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.