Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Ice*Men Thierry Mugler for men

Ice*Men Thierry Mugler for men
dislike

Ice*Men Thierry Mugler for men Pictures Ice*Men Thierry Mugler for men Pictures Ice*Men Thierry Mugler for men Pictures

Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Ice*Men was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Huclier. The fragrance features nutmeg, patchouli, musk and woodsy notes.

Nutmeg Patchouli Musk Woodsy Notes

A*Men Pure Shot

Ice*Men Fragrance Reviews

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Probably my favourite of Thierry Mugler's, and a fragrance that I believe (almost) achieves what its name sets out to do.

It starts out a touch mentholated but the patchouli is ever present. This also has a prominent wood note - sandalwood? - that becomes more prominent in the drydown. The nutmeg almost has its spiciness removed, replaced (or made to smell like) something I would describe as very lightly mentholated woods. It's been quite hot and humid where I live lately (storms a few times a week) and this is doing a good job of giving a cooling effect. However I note that if I've sprayed this on myself, fifteen minutes later if I walk back into the room where I sprayed it the patchouli is by far the most prominent note. I actually find this to be more like the original Angel minus the sweet notes than A*Men - which is a good thing. Projection and longevity are both moderate, which is strange for a Thierry Mugler fragrance.

I feel that I would most likely get a full bottle of this to complement South Water for days on the coast and Mark Birley for a more traditional cologne. I love the bottle and it is the perfect representation of 'ice'. One of my favourites.

(Strangely enough nutmeg seems to work well in summer fragrances, with Montale Aoud Legacy being another 'summer' fragrance with a nutmeg as a note)

masak389
masak389

To Ecojoe69:

I've got an original bottle with sealed box and I have to say you than this flanker has low projection (sillage) and also low longevity.
I think this new version incorporates musks than only works adequately depending on your body chemistry so I think you don't have any problem with the stuff you got on e-bay. This is all.
I also love this version of A-Man, but sadly doesn't work well with my type of skin. Cheers.

Update: Try to apply on different points and also try to use it on different weather or season. Sometimes it works surprisingly on me.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

I am a huge fan of the A*men series and have recently begun to seek out more colognes with the patchouli note so this seemed a logical next step for me.
I can say that I like it but its very light and doesn't really wow me like some of the others in the Amen series. I get the patchouli note most strongly but its light, bright and very "average". NOT long lasting, NOT very much projection- just.... there.
It has been given a thumbs down by the woman in my life and she thinks its a bit old-lady smelling.
Maybe its worth saying that I got this on Ebay and it was a spray that was NOT boxed. Would anyone suggest that this might affect the quality of what I got? Is it perhaps a tester and thus not as potent? I'd be willing to try and buy a NIB version but does the fact that it is discontinued and maybe a tester perhaps play a role in the quality of the sccent?

Elizete Araujo Moura

Adoro este perfume tem longevidade, ótima fragrância!!

Elizete Araujo Moura

Adoro este perfume tem longevidade, ótima fragrância!!

Addan
Addan

Great summer fragrance ... UNIQUE ... Longevity is
Also nice more than 7 hour on my skin
8.5 / 10

cassius
cassius

Ice Men is everything Pure Shot/Energy wishes it was.

toto453
toto453

Not similar to any other frag !! A really special perfume, the freshness is surprising !! Kind of plastic smell due to the icy lemon. For those who like patchouli in summer, that fit very well !

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Nothing exciting abt it, just frozen patchouli with some mint.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

Easily the worst smelling cologne in my collection.When I purchased this I was expecting a fresh,blue,refreshing aquatic. What I got was a bitter scent smelling of patchouli and coffee. Not for me AT ALL.

Easily a 2.5 out of 10

mchris.cav
mchris.cav

Waited until i finished the bottle to write this.

Not for every occasion, but good...

It smells like patchouli and mint.

Would be a great scent to wear for beach volleyball. That's about it. I do love it though, and think it's worth having. Just not super versatile.

Quasar

One of the most amazing mountain dew fresh cold inspiring fragrances ever please bring it back

Gazo30
Gazo30

This is a hidden gem, typical Mugler longevity & silage as expected, the scent is suitable for day or night in my opinion, its really a great versatile scent with plenty of kick!! its a patchouli bomb on dry down, the opening is almost menthol to me, ice is a very fitting name for it!!

Saransh101089
Saransh101089

Recently bought this. Probably the best one in my small collection.
This is the most unconventional summer fragrance out there. Cold coffee and patchouli work together beautifully.
I love this one. :)

Longevity: 7-9 hours
Projection: Good

Bought this (3.4 oz) for some Rs. 2600 (around $45) in India from Shoppers Stop.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

This was my signature scent during my recent Hawaiian vacation. Icy cool and fresh without being generically fruity - just enough earthiness to keep things interesting. Definitely not your traditional aquatic! Perfect for a day (or night) at the beach!

Highly recommended

Cassiano
Cassiano

Updating my old review:

I am, definitely, a fan of fragrances from Mugler House, by their power, originality and bottles, always inspired by the star.

This one here is a cologne of composition and result, both unexpected. With invigorating citrus accords, gin and vodka in the output, the scent arouses all the senses of its user. Continuing, the spicy touch of nutmeg and the smoothness of the vanilla and then, we get to the modern accord of cold coffee, which is present throughout the development of the fragrance. A scent of contrasts and absurd freshness.

Is it hot and you want to call attention and don't know what perfume to wear? Are you tired of all the fresh scents of your collection?
It's time to meet Ice*Men!

deeyork71
deeyork71

Sillage: Great. (A)
Longevity: Great. 10+ hours(A)
Originality: Very Unique. This is not your typical summer fragrance.(A)
Craftsmanship: Very creative. This is not a delicate expertly crafted double consomme. This is a chunky unapologetic stew...done well. (A-)
Scent (Subjective): Full disclosure...I am a Mugler fanboy. Putting aside a couple of epic fails (which shall go nameless) I love everything they do. Ice Men is one of my favorites. I appreciate the feel of a Mugler frag on a hot day. Havanne and A*Men are waiting for the jackets to come out. About Ice Men, who else can take musk and patchouli and cram it into a summer frag AND then have the audacity to put "Ice" in the name? When I think of fresh summery notes these aren't what comes to mind. This is an artful contradiction. And I don't know where Mugler gets their patchouli but it is good, earthy and dense. This isn't one of their best known frags. I've never seen in a retail setting. Fine by me...let it be unique. I love this. (A)

Season: Hot summer days
Drydown: It heats up with you. I think this one really evolves depending how my day goes. If I'm inside it stays cool. If I'm in the sun sweating it gets a little wild. "It's alive!"
Value: Great bargain...if you can find it
Gender: Guys only IMO.
Universality: My guess is that this is polarizing. Love it or leave it. Very casual.
Learning Curve: I really enjoy inhaling this throughout the day, focusing from note to note. The opening gives a good clue as to what will happen with time. Ice Men grows on me with each wearing. It's not the only thing I wear in the summer but I really have fun with this one. If you are a collector and you don't like it at first I would give a try on a different day. Humidity and temperature change how this one works.
Emotional Response: This is a fun devil may care frag. I really like it. I find myself grabbing more than any other summer scent on my shelf.

Comment: If you want a simple clean summer scent there are plenty of other choices out there. This is different. This is denser, even funky, summer stuff. I am personally biased toward winter scents. Summertime is relatively boring for this collector. So I really appreciate the substantive originality of Ice Men.

gianmarco
gianmarco

I smell this on people sometimes and i know right away its ice man, the sillage and logetivity is a beast. This is an amazing winter( cold weather) fragrance.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I wanted to like this one - but just couldn't. Minty cat pee - not a fun scent to wear all day.

evolutionx11
evolutionx11

Initially I was shocked at how unique this fragrance is. It is something totally different when compared to the gourmandness of the A*Men DNA but in a good way. It's a very hard scent to describe or compare to most mainstream perfumes. It is definitely a summer scent but not an aquatic. The initial top note is very fresh and powerful yet indescribable and unique. I would say its a nice frozen nutmeg and a synthetic patchouli which is nothing like the patchouli in AMen or Pure Leather. It's a cool patchouli that's smells like nothing else. It is very nice and I get a fresh sexy vibe from it, definitely something a woman would be drawn to. The projection is strong for the first hour (3-5ft) but then quickly drops off to within a few inches for the next 2 hours and then completely down at 5 hours unless direct sniff. This is perfect for summer if you like to spray every few hours. It's also a perfect option if you love being original and enjoy Mugler. The only negative is the quick loss of projection but compared to most summer fragrances it is on par.

renoir
renoir

By far this is the best composition by Thierry Mugler. It reminds me with Berishnikov sports and a little with Italian Cypress by Tom Ford. It is a fabulous blend of musk, freshness, spice, sweetness and woody all striving to dominate but only succeeding in giving a unique blend that vitalizes, freshens and just plain pleasant. You can detect the Musk as it outstands the most but in a very pleasant way.. I just don't understand why they stopped it..

Bobster
Bobster

I am not an aquatic fan at all but Ice men is amazing. It reminds me a bit of 360 by perry ellis but ice men is way better. 360 always had this synthetic note in it that I just could not stand. Ice men is well blended and my most favorite part of the scent is the patchouli. This scent screams manliness and sexiness. i am so glad mugler found out how to make a scent masculine and aromatic. The projection and longevity of this superb!!!!!!

guillermostf
guillermostf

i bought it without try it. thought it would be soethin' fresh, acquatic, maybe some spicy notes, but no. Am i wrong or this has a lot of coffee? Nice bottle, but it could be light blue/turquoise too, like the cup. 2 & 1/2 /5.-

Migalex
Migalex

I find this scent very similar to Givencgy's Gentleman, although I like Ice men better.

stromboli77
stromboli77

If I had to sum up this frag in one word......UNDERRATED. Just caught a whiff of this the other day. I was instantly hooked!!!! As far as fresh summer fragrances go to some extent if you smelled one you smelled em all. Well there are varations but the skeleton of most (citrus, ginger, woods) seems to be the common denominator. What you have here is something quite unique! I get a sharp minty cool effect when first applied that really warms its way down to an extremely earthy and woody base. The menthol slowly smooths down to leave behind a drier earthy accord that still gives off a cooling fresh vibe. The one thing I can say is that for a summer fragrance, this is not your run of the mill aquatic. I wouldn't even put it in that classification. Generally speaking, its very much a mature fresh clean cool scent that I think works extrmely well. Much more versatile IMO than a typical summer frag. It has a dated feeling to it which to me is a very good thing because it still stays aeromatic and fun. The iced coffee that some people seem to be getting out of this I've yet to pick out. The sweet nutmug and patchouli is highly distinguishable which brings a good deal of balance and uniqueness to an otherwise beautiful fragrance. Two thumbs way up!

Kain
Kain

Interesting fragrance!
The opening is really strange. fresh with cooling vibe. so named correctly.
The cooling vibe isn't like something you get from fresh mint or pepper mint for example.
Smell like a cold and wet basement!! lol
Yeah, that's the patchouli note which give us this feeling.
I can smell the original vibe in the background too, but it's not warm or too sweet at all. but definitely you can feel the original in this fragrance.
In the mid the patchouli note settle down just a bit and you can smell huge dose of nutmeg and some woodsy notes. specially nutmeg. it's really strong and give you a peppery and sharp smell.
Good projection and longevity with this fragrance.
I like it.
Very different and unigue fresh fragrance for spring and summer.

یه عطر خاص و عجیب
اولش یه بوی خنک و خاصی داره. راستش بوی این منو یاد بوی یه زیرزمین بزرگ و قدیمی و نمناک میندازه که هوا هم کاملا خنکه اونجا!!! یه همچین حسی به من میده که خیلی عجیب و در عین حال باحاله
این احساس نمناک و خنک به خاطر وجود رایحه نعنای هندی هست
یه ته بویی هم از نسخه اورجینال یعنی همون اینجل من تو این احساس میشه اما خیلی خیلی ضعیفه
در ادامه شما یه بوی تند و نسبتا تلخ به خاطر وجود رایحه قوی جوز دارین به همراه رایحه ضعیفی از بوی چوب
البته بوی چوز خیلی قویتره و بوی تند و مثل فلفل داره
پخش بو و ماندگاری خوبی داره
عطر عجیبیه. به تست کردنش می ارزید

micrtin
micrtin

I bought it online at a good price, it is very hard to find in any stores in my area. I did find it a specialty fragrance store and she told me it is more for winter as it has some spicier notes.
I would have to disagree. I tried it a few times now and I have noticed that it works well in hot and humid weather. And I mean really hot like the hottest of the summer and I enjoyed it, as the smell it quite light on my skin and while heavily sweating the smell just re-appeared after several hours and it was quite pleasant.
I has the skeleton of A Men, but as if they removed half the notes. You are left with what A Men would smelle like after, like 24 hours. But this is not a bad thing. I dont`realy get any menthol, but scent can sometimes be subjective and works on what it reminds you of...
I am not overly impressed, but glad I made the purchase. It stands out for mas from all the summer fragrances that just came out ( Play sport, D&G the One Sport, PureShot) so I think it wins points for being original, which when you are a collector is very important. If I had just one summer cologne, it would not be this one because I don`t think this one has as much mass appeal.

NettiB
NettiB

Ice*Men is ok, I find it linear. I only get nutmeg for a very, very short time then patchouli; I don't really get any coffee out of this. That said I picked up a tester for cheap so I'm happy, if I paid full price I'd be disappointed. It has no longevity on my skin, at all. Literally stops projecting and becomes a skin scent after 45 minutes. This is odd as most fragrances fair well on my skin. I normally just wear it when I'm lounging around the house in the summer.

Grottola
Grottola

Strangely enough, I don't really get menthol or mint out of Ice*Men. I mostly get patchouli and coffee, like A*Men but a lot less annoying. Ice*Men isn't as overly sweet or lush as Angel, which can be a good thing for people who found the original too sweet. But, to me, Ice*Men is essentially Angel Men with all the annoying parts/sweetness taken out. A bitter herbal fragrance that smells like something Lush would make. I want a bottle of this. It lasts a really long time on my skin.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This was the 1st Mugler fragrance I purchased you'd think A*Men would be which yeah I have that to, but I wanted to be diff. so I bought this 1st on blind buy from TM's site && I got the 1.7 in case I didn't like it which was pretty cheap plus u get 3 free samples.

Anyways when I received && smelled it I said well it's different && you can deff. tell its a TM creation it's tolerable enough && you do get that freshness nice for those spring/summer months, however on me it just smells so green && earthy like it states, like you were just outside gardening && rolling around in a bunch of cedar chips && I think b/c of the combination with the patchouli that gives it that smell to me. Let me put it in terms of my sister which she complimented && said "u smell good" which immediately followed "you smell like a hippie." I said hmmm..thanks I guess lol I said there's patchouli in it, she said that's it. Then one day my mom was smelling all my fragrances && she was just going along mmmm, mmmm that's nice, mmmm that smells good, then she got to this one && said eck! I don't like that one lol, she said that's the only one she didn't like! XD

I have to say It's deff. a stand out scent you will recieve compliments, but it's deff. not for everyone it's nice if you can tolerate it or have good PH with it. It's deff. a try it before you buy it scent. :)

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This fragrance is quite unique, I was expecting something more fresh. Instead this fragrance is kinda warm for me, but not as spicy B*Men...patchouli and nutmeg are dominant. In my opinion, this fragrance is the weakest among Star collection, but still good.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A strong mature scent with big initial projection, yet sour smell..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-3.5 hours - Big projection, approx 2 foot around and intense. Ages 55-75. Scent is heavy, hot, mature and spicy, which is suprising as the names conjures up an anticipation of something cool and breezy...it shouldn't have been called Ice Man, maybe more like Fire Man...lol...

3.5 hours - 5 hours - Soapiness comes in, which is actually a relief from the bitter harshness, though this scent still feels linear from day one. Soapiness improves the smell of the projection which is now intermittent and approx 1.5 foot

5-7 hours- 2 inch - 2 inch projection

7 hours - 14 hours - No projection, close to skin. The drydown sees the harsness and yuckiness leave and a more mellow interpretation of the scent - this is the best bit and more of what I was expecting. Ages 30-60

Very long lasting, and the drydown is the best bit, but sorry not for me.

Slamwich
Slamwich

Writing about this guy is exhausting. Everything but Mugler Cologne is a potent gourmande powerhouse. The strongest deviation in his “Men-Star-Man” line is Ice Men, which provides a slightly different assault. I feel like Ice Men is conflicted. The name is Ice Men, which would denote a cool and fresh approach. At the same time, it knows it belongs in part of the Mugler Men lineup, so it feels obligated to be super potent, bordering on offensive. The solution it came up with to appease everything? Patchouli.

I really want to stress this: Patchouli

Whenever I put this on, I immediately think of a time way back in high school where I accidentally coughed bong-water all over my friend's white shirt, ten minutes before he had to go hand out cookies on behalf of the soon-to-be student body president.

High school was quite some time ago, and I don’t really remember how everyone felt about the situation, so I feel safe in just assuming that my actions got me monumental amounts of praise and respect from that group.

It’s probably not very fair to state “Ice Men makes me think of bong water”. Even less so when it’s “Ice Men makes me think of bong water being coughed onto someone before they need to do something important”. That’s what I get linked to, though, and I can’t help that. One might wonder why I would want to ever wear this more than once, much less enough to allow my saying “every time”.

The thing is, it gets better.

It takes some time. Like, a half hour at least. But eventually, it mellows out very nicely, and actually does come closer than most anything else I’ve ever tried to smelling cold. The most notable instance for me was at the end of the day, having a shower, and noticing that despite the unnecessary heat my showers always involve, my wrists actually smelled fresh and cool amidst the steam. If anything the heat amplified it. It was really relaxing, and still lingered a bit when I went to bed. I need to attribute that to the cologne, as the only alternative would be that I’m terrible at cleaning myself, and I don’t really want to walk down that road.

In the end, this fragrance spends the last parts of its life in a very cool and pleasant state. However, I don’t think it’s often worth the journey required to get to that point. If there was a way to just start this at the drydown, it would be wonderful. I don’t think this is a situation where because it was disagreeable for so long, anything would smell wonderful afterwards, either. There is something nice in here, but you have to slog through too much to get to it.. I consider this fragrance a bizarre experiment of novelty that didn’t pay off, but one of few candidates to get close to feeling like a “cold” smell.

GreenMan
GreenMan

I like this juice, but I am not getting the longevity that others seem to get. I would say about 5-6 hours, then it has faded significantly!

twlahue
twlahue

not that great,
not really recognizeable...

my wife smelled me and said that i smelled like ivory soap.

love A*Men and Pure Malt and Pure Havane, but not getting this one any time soon.

fragranceqween
fragranceqween

i love this fragrance the faint smell of sweet iced coffee so fresh and energising

Anup
Anup

This is extraordinary.
Look out everyone, A*men has taken his suit and tie off, and is taking a swim in his pool after mowing the lawn and clipping the hedges!
It astonishes me how Jaques was able to keep a firm grip onto the base notes of the original, and still manage to create something green and fresh!

The top:

Read with confidence, there is without a DOUBT a menthol aroma chemical in here. Along with a very pungent nutty earthy nutmeg. The first blast of this bad-boy is very cold and dry.

The middle:

To me the middle is dominated by a moist rose smell. As if there is a singular rose bush in the middle of a humid urban area, being drenched by dirty thunderstorm rain, along with just a touch of cinnamon spice.

The base:

I get A*men's signature base here, nothing much to be mentioned, if you've smelled it you know exactly what i'm talking about. Along with some very harsh cilantro and basil notes, acting like bad kids, acting arrogant to grab your attention!

I approve.
This is an excellent summer execution of a strictly fall/winter scent

Smell: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

I made a blind buy of this one for my husband at a store that takes returns if you don't like it. They had no tester available....

Anyway, I love it on him. I have not tried it myself but probably will as I wear spicy, woody fragrances well....usually.

I will say that on my husband this is not an aquatic, watery, scent at all, like the name, coloring and bottle may suggest.

It opens with a burst of freshness that I can't put my finger on because it doesn't smell like any of the listed notes, but within 5 minutes it turns very HOT. And by that I mean when I get up next to him to breathe it in, it literally feels like heat is coming off his skin.

It's a contradiction on him because there is nothing Icy about it. I guess that is individual body chemistry for you.

trixx
trixx

Very nice perfume, I like it a lot. It smells different from everything else out there, but it has a big longevity problem. 2 sometimes 3 hours. That’s it.
Sorry...

silentrich
silentrich

Imagine a hint of iced coffee, a hint of A*men in the background, and a patchouli drydown. This pretty much sums up Ice Men. Very wearable in the summer. Sillage is moderate as is longevity. For those that can't handle the jetblast sillage of A*men, but like a more subtle approach. Doesn't get a lot of love, but I give it props for being true to it's name.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

I just bought some of this, and I'm giving it a full day's wear right now. It's coming across just like its description; woody and aromatic. It's a bit unusual; meaning, I can't compare it to any other fragrance I know, and it's pleasant, fresh, and light. It's not aquatic at all, just a fresh, woodsy-spicy fragrance. I like it but don't think it's great. We'll see. I just applied it about 30 minutes ago, so I'll need to give it time to dry down to the base notes. I'll come back later and finish the review.

I'm editing my original post on this. If you read my earlier comments I wrote that my roommate said it smelled like Pine Sol or Texize. Well, that was too harsh a statement. The problem was, I had way over applied the fragrance with several spritzes when this requires only one. It's that potent. When my roomate came in all he got was a blast of menthol or patchouli or whatever--my point is, this juice needs time to mellow. The drydown is much nicer. I smell the coffee now. I really can detect a subtle coffee-like note in there, and it's nice.

Ice*Men is a good fragrance, just go light with it.

I've been quite surprised by Ice*Men as I was expecting to smell a mash up between A*Men and one of those CK's summer scent a-là CKIN2U /CK One Summer 03-04-05-06-07-08 and zero whatever. Noway. This is a blast of fresh patchouli and other spices on a white musk base. Unpretentious and honest. It's surely fresh but not acquatic (which in this case is good) and it still mantains some charme. Nothing that I'm really into, but at least is pleasant.

Said that, my only disappointent is for the Iced Coffee. Where is it? Maybe they referred to the iced Coffee because it was the drink that Jacques Huclier had at Starbucks before going to te lab...who knows...

Rating: 6.5-7/10

awholenuworld
awholenuworld

I am IN LOVE with this one! It fit perfectly during winter and summer and it's woody somewhat spicy notes with a strong sense of fresh just makes it the kind of fragrance I could wear all day until dusk. It is so awesome and I cannot wait to purchase another one of it.

Norgirl
Norgirl

this one is nice . fresh and a bit spicy hand in hand . nice little patcholi touch, clean and easy wearing .for my husbond anyway:)

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

2 Thierry Mugler Fragrances, that cannot be found anywhere Ive looked in Australia, some have never heard of it, I find them both in testers at a shop in Penrith, a small sub-sity in the western region of Sydney, and I ended up not liking either. What smeckin luck do you call that?

Well, both fragrance dried into something interesting that I now admire.

Ice in particular smells exactly like something else Ive either owned briefly a long time ago, or have at least tried and studied. Wish I could put my finger on it.
The smell is sweet, aquatic, a lil metallic, and a lil green. But without any fruit, floral, or citric notes, how can this be possible?
If this was the smell Thierry was going for, he must be a total genious, which judging by his past creations I think thats a notion without words.

Ice*Men is surprisingly Thierry Mugler's most masculine offering, having barely any similarities in reagrds to the rich, chocolatey A*Men and the spicy caramel B*Men. In fact, Ice*Men has taken a big leap away from the gourmands, and has established itself as quite a fresh aromatic fragrance.

All Thierry Mugler creations usually suit my skin type, however Ice*Men is something I'll be saving for a male friend of mine. This fragrance is masculine, far too masculine for me to get away with wearing it. It actually reminds me very much of one of my favourite masculine fragrances, the classic Davidoff's Cool Water.

There is no doubt Ice*Men is refreshing, however I can't say that I find it particularly icy or cool. It feels like your typical, masculine aquatic; watery, crisp, an essential Summer scent. When I smell Ice*Men I think of a day on the beach, not a refrigerator or an ice cold drink.

The sillage wasn't as light as I expected it to be either, and it proved to be just as lasting and strong as other Thierry Mugler creations. I personally prefer the unisex Mugler Cologne for refreshing spritzes during the hot weather, however I can definitely see this fragrance working well on a man's skin.

umraman
umraman

The opening is very fresh and green, absolutely not sweet. Its very good for a hot summer day but sometimes i feel that the patchouli is too much in your face. Overall, Nice !

Diego de Barros Pereira
Diego de Barros Pereira

It's not strong. It's good to wear in hot days and nights. As I prefer stronger scents, I will not buy this one again, yet, it's a good fragrance, if you don't wanna draw much attention, go running for this one!

VanAllan
VanAllan

Tested today at the mall...roasted nutmeg, some pine-woods and frozen coffee beans, giving you a feeling of cold woody-freshness...very alive (& kicking :)).
It was not a generous spray on my wrist so when it dried down I felt a dry patchouli and musky woods combo, very masculine & pleasant, still keeping traces of the icy top notes.
A very good fragrance for warm seasons and, considering the fact that I don't like A*Men too much, this one is a keeper for sure. My rank 8.5/10. ☣☣☣☣

kerrso99
kerrso99

At last he has got it right this time,nice and fresh, unlike that bloody awful summer flash or what ever it was called,with that chemical quality to it.

EverythingPat
EverythingPat

This one was not for me. the ladies like it but The fragrance smelled like an old moldy tree to me. I have the orignal A MEN I liked it alot but this was a complete 180 from the orignal.I got about 6-8 hours or wear with this Fragrance it projects Well people will smell it when you walk by and as I said most ladies liked it but I myself just couldn't wear it anymore so i traded it for some Burbery London. 5/10

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is certainly the most unique aquatic fragrance that I've come across, it had some aquatic character that bring refreshing yet cooling effect on your skin when you first apply! It requires you to try on your skin and not paper strip only as you need to feel the cooling effect it bring to you! I keep imagine a blast of icy cool water splash on me during a hot sunny day!

The first note is mild and non-citrus refreshing and cooling scent, remind me of Bvlgari Aqva. Second note appears right after a few minutes - bringing the strong but nice nutmeg and little ice coffee scent that last about 2 hours more, this note remind me a lot of L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense. The last note - patchouli last more than 5 hours on, be careful with this strong scent, if you over applied, it will tend to bring a too intense scent that might annoy people around you. It does take me a while to like this strong patchouli scent, but the more I wear it, the more I like it now, it kind of grow with my nose.

Overall, this is a truly unique, masterpiece, manly and mature summer aquatic which is one of the kind so far in the mass aquatic fragrance market. This is for the man that are dare, mature and enjoy uniqueness. It is a top quality perfume from TM, it last more than 7 hours on me on a sunny day, so it worth every penny you spend on this one. Overall, I will give 8.5/10 for this.

Hints: Try use this with light hands, each spray from far (bout 10cm away from your target) will do you good and just nice. Over apply too close to the skin may bring you little problem. If you like a unique aquatic fragrance, try it and you may like it.

thief of hearts

changing my verdict on this one. strange how your wrist and chest can yield two different takes on the same frag. This is now to me a dense, manly aquatic type. Refreshing and smells great!

700poodles
700poodles

Beat this:
When my husband was actively wearing Ice Men, the other woman fell in love with both of them.
I LOVE Thierry Mugler for having the nerve to complicate my life.

thief of hearts

I truly hope the sample vial I purchased is bad because this smells like my mom's CK Eternity for Women. I'll have to try it again, but I'm pretty sure my initial assessment won't change :(

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

When you apply a fragrance to your skin, it's easy to forget you're wearing it because you've grown accustomed to the smell. So then you convince yourself that it's lasting power is weak or that it's even gone and can no longer be detected. I left a trail through the entire house... half the day is gone, and the compliments are still on the rise. Ice Men lingers and doesn't need to be heavier. Its got that Mugler signature. So very clean smelling and somewhat reserved. A breath of fresh air... or rather, that icy breeze you need on a staggering hot summer day.

jacquezz
jacquezz

it takes a while for me to like this kind of patchoulli and woody smells.. after few times i sniffed my hands.. then i only got the feeling that this could be a seductive fragrance to wear for clubbing, and at times when u wana be cool unique, and different.. not a best choice for daily wear.. the bottle seems to be nice from the ads, but its kinda look cheap when u see in real (no offends, thats just my opninon)

EssiE
EssiE

The best I think. When you are breathing it in you feel like being revived by splashing ice cold water in the face, talk about shivers there. My dad wears it and when he does I can't stop smelling him :S Really do hope they start selling all of TM fragances in sweden so I can sneak in and smell it.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A strong patchouli blast at start and a sharp fresh lovely scent - clean, fresh and icy and has really good sillage. Staying power is good on me. There is a trace of coffee and menthol in there too. Really nice this one!! I agree with Arkangel above.

Mindphlux
Mindphlux

Well like several others have commented - I do not believe that this is a summer fragrance. Sure the guy coming out of the icey water is a cool ad but I find this cologne too woodsy to be considered "ice". I don't know what a glacier smells like, but I can't imagine nutmeg being in the aroma. Marketing aside, this is a amazing scent and I love wearing this in the fall and winter. Longevity and projection are amazing. This is hands down in my top 5 favorite colognes i've ever owned... And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Angel*Men.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

the moment i spray this on my skin..its was strong like alcohol but when its settle down..its smell fresh and icey cold......its good for spring ... i only have 2 angel fragrance...angel men is best so far

guest_kooklo
guest_kooklo

There is something in every one of Thierry Mugler's fragrances that repulses me. I don't quite know what it is but it smells like an old man. That being said, Ice Men is the most tolerable and boderline ok.

guest_Bigneems
guest_Bigneems

Just got this one and damn...Its SUPER fresh and icy. You can definitely smell the mint and herbal notes. VERY faintly can I detect Angel, but that is a good thing since I despise A*Men. Cant wait to club with this in the summer

guest_Arie R
guest_Arie R

It smells exactly like A*Men but more simple & light. The sillage & lasting power weaker than A*Men...

periquito89
periquito89

PávelHenry said "pinus and something cold irritating on the top". Yes. It is another scent where I get a pine desinfectant smell mixed with it (one of them is O Boticário Connexion Woods). I was also expecting something gourmand around here, but no. Cheap smelling, really.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Bad, nothing special at this price... Just herbal smell on whole evolution.
Pinus and something cold irritating on the top and patchouli rules on the base!
Launched in 2007... but, ultra-boring!!

costaleo
costaleo

still getting used to it. as a big fan of a*man, I have a feeling that i'm wearing half of it, if you know what I mean. i live in a hot city in Brazil and for now I don't think it is so suitable for hot weather, as they advertise. give it a try, but it can't be a blind buy.

guest_nijmegen
guest_nijmegen

....nice very clean very cologne .....imagine that u are in a mountains......and there is nothing exept u and fresh clean water and air.............VERY CLEAN FRESH (but without fruity, floral acents).........amayzing and realy good fresh fragrance

da_markos
da_markos

for me it's weareable version of a men. i dont like a*men but this one isn't so controversial

acc
acc

I have to disagree with the promotion, the fragrance does not cool or freeze you. It is a lighter and less comlex version of A*Men which is still not suitable for summer.

Tarida
Tarida

I bought my husband Ice Men for christmas and it just such a fantastic fragrace. He has A Men and Pure Coffee and this makes a perfect trio from Thierry Mugler.

Golf Nut
Golf Nut

Another masterpiece from TM.

This is absolutely stunning. Very fresh and very sexy.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I'm a big fan of Thierry Mugler fragrances. This is very fresh but icy smell and is cooling too. It has a sharp scent which is very pleasant. I have received quite a few compliments on this fragrance.

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

When i tried this one i felt like i had cubes of ice on my hands, thats smells like Amen, with cold freshness, sharp and revitalizing. It looks like I was breathing fresh mountain air with Amen prefume in background :)

2007

Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler 3.76 out of 5 based on 365 ratings and 77 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Ice*Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Ice*Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.