Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Le Parfum Thierry Mugler for women

Le Parfum Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Le Parfum by Thierry Mugler is a fragrance for women. Le Parfum was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Laudamiel.

Le Parfum Fragrance Reviews

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

so happy and lucky to own this treasure - unique compositions from Les Christophes.
would want to see a few (if not all) as single compositions - so so human - so great - so brilliant - even the more odd ones carry the this animalic secret....
even after a few years now the single compositions develop in a nice direction (kept cold and in the dark) - me too - i would sell bodyparts for ERMITE!
a brilliant book, a great film and a piece of art, the whole concept.

whenever one has the chance to get this great coffret just go for it - dont hesitate - its a dream

Scentmad
Scentmad

Want
There is one on amazon.com ( $695) but doesn't ship to the UK. plus of course it's really insanely pricey for a blind buy.

Noura93
Noura93

guys, how did you get hold of that ? , I can't find it anywhere

anettelove
anettelove

Where can I find this?I went to Mugler's boutique but they couldn't help me...I sent an e-mail to clarins and I have no answer...

x-lydia
x-lydia

For someone who knows the original story of Grenouille, this set is the scariest movie promo tie-in ever.

It's also one of the classiest.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I'd do anything for this!!!!!

susie2013
susie2013

what on earth is this? i've just read a great review on bois de jasmin and i'm not so sure that any of these scents were intended for wearing.
only thierry mugler could be behind such shockingly vile, yet painfully desireable creation.
i feel slighly haunted now.

soulflwr
soulflwr

I had no idea this existed, and I am so hurt that I may never be able to experience this! lol
I love that movie/book :(

jaimex1979
jaimex1979

I would sell body parts to get hold of this...

Bebette
Bebette

I am OBSESSED with Virgin N 1!! I have never been this way about a fragrance but I just cannot get enough! I actually put the cotton swab I used to apply it (5 days ago!!) on my pillow when I went to sleep. I wish these were listed individually but since they are not I'll give you a brief history on it. They used a technology called "headspace" to capture the scent of an actual virgin's navel!! Brilliant!

"Intent: The scent of innocence, born with scent molecules of fresh milk, white rice and yellow plum Schnapps.

Premise: A thirteen or fourteen year old girl is sitting at a table cleaning yellow plums. The sweat from her armpits smell as fresh as the sea breeze, the oils of her hair is a sweet as nut oil. Her skin like apricot blossoms; her private parts like a bouquet of water lilies. It was pure beauty. (Taken from Basenotes)"

Now for my review... This is going to sound odd, but VN1 smells FUZZY!!! It is a familiar scent yet foreign at the same time, and at the grocery store I actually found myself sniffing peaches because of the likeness. This is very sweet and natural smelling but not juicy, it's as if it's the smell of the skin itself that tempts you to bite in. It does have a slight milky quality which seems to soften the edges. My fascination with this scent has stumped me as I normally like very loud in your face Mugler's but this might just be his best creation to date!! The sillage is freaking amazing, I can still smell it on my hand after a shower, 15 hours after application of only a few dabs with the stopper. Walking around with it I am constantly getting whiffs, I can only imagineeeee how potent this would be if it were in a spray form. I have never smelled anything like this, the seller described it as smelling like a combination of Tresor and Sublime but I've never smelled them to compare. This is a simple, linear sillage bomb that is oddly comforting, and has gotten me more compliments from men in the 1 week of wearing it than almost any other perfume! It's unoffensive yet powerful, innocent yet seductive, and overall I'd give it a 10/10. This may just become my new signature scent, I will have to hold onto my 13 bottles for as long as possible!

DivineDesire
DivineDesire

i fell in love with the book and now i am in love with the perfume products here... i want this so bad >_

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Dang. I guess there are no plans to ever release any on their own? For me, the other dying-to-smell scent is Djedi. My brain is petrified with longing.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I WANT THIS!!!!!
A Fragrance ...."Ark of the Covenant..." indeed
has made me go on a FRAGRANCE "HOLY GRAIL" Search......

justicecrow88
justicecrow88

i have found my "unicorn" mystical,beautiful and elusive.

THIS DOES EXIST! I was just offered one for 800 euros ($1,054.28!!!). I am waiting for an email with pictures and info! It is impossible to find BECAUSE there were ONLY 300 made when it came out and back then they were going for 600.00 US dollars!

*crosses fingers* I HOPE this is on the up and up! Will keep my fellow Fragranticans "in the loop"!

truffles
truffles

Is this a mistake of some sort? The name is for one oriental floral perfume yet the picture is of a set of many ?different little perfumes?
Presumably such a set would not contain all oriental florals?

fraushka
fraushka

This set seems to be an "urban perfume myth"! It is absolutely impossible to find it anywhere...:'(

adele l

Update on aura- wearing some of my precious decant whilst reading the novel. For a start, the novel is remarkable- the writing style so interesting that you stop to digest the words rather than rush with suspense toward the ending. And Aura is a true work of art..completely unobtrusive yet I can smell it through my robe. The subtlest powder, hint of jasmine, a scent of clean skin and so many accords so gracefully, seamlessly blended that one cannot be separated from another. I really need to get this but a larger size is probably not available. So joyful, so gorgeous it breaks your heart.

This is a luxuriously boxed set of 14 "scents" represented in scenes from the movie PERFUME: The Story of a Murderer, and one that represents the fruit of the protagonist's quest to "preserve scent" through the craft of perfumery. Extremely rare and VERY expensive...this is what my research has yielded:

#1: Jasmine Absolu-jasmine was (along with lavender and tuberose) one of the most valuable flowers grown in Grasse (where Grenouille learned his craft). A soliflore jasmine...very dry

#2: Amor&Psyche-one of the most popular scents worn in 16th century Paris society. Citrus, florals, light spice and some woody notes (Good, but common)

#3: Atelier Grimal-sold from an orphanage Grenouille was a virtual slave to Grimal-the leather tanner. This is a leather scent that is the smell of a tannery without the harsh chemicals involved in that process

#4: Aura: The superlative scent created by Grenouille from the essences of 13 virgins in the movie, using lard soaked linen strips-he wrapped them up then reduced the scent saturated lard into "notes" he used to combine and make the heavenly Aura

#5: Baby: The scent of a clean and sweet baby. Hints of carmel, cream and powder

#6: Boutique Baldini: The scent of a Paris perfume shop/laboratory where Grenouille first learned his craft, before moving to Grasse

#7: Ermite: For seven years Grenouille lived in a cave in the hills between Paris and Grasse...here he realised all things had a scent-except himself. An earthy, slightly woody scent with hints of rain and musk

#8: Human Existence: The scent of "the great unwashed"...the author of the book at the beginning talks about how awful not only the streets of 1738 Paris smelled but the people. A heavy musky, very "dirty" scent

#9: Noblesse: A very elegant and refined scent

#10: Nuit Napolitane: The scent of a night in Naples (?). Found next to nothing on this one...

#11: Orgle: While under the spell of Grenouille's perfume AURA, the mob who had convened to see him executed for his heinous murders, become very aroused and an orgy of immense proportions ensues. The listed notes are-bergamot, carmel, black chocolate, pheremones, helonial molecule and 'sperm' note. A very sensual scent, sharp at first then sweeter and gourmand

#12: Paris 1738: If Human Existence is the scent of the people-this is the scent of the streets in the largest city in the world (and they had NO indoor plumbing or electricity). Quite the horrific funk

#13: Salon Rouge: A floral scent reminiscient of the studies of enfleurage ( a way to preserve flowers by soaking in vats then rarifying)

#14: Sea: a salty and watery scent reminiscient of the ocean, shore and breezes in the south of France

#15: Virgin Number 1: A waif selling mirabelle plums is spied (and her scent caught) by Grenouille while still in Paris, and her scent transfixes him. Unable to speak (struck dumb by the sheer beauty of her scent) he freaks her out and when she tries to cry out, he puts his hand over her mouth and when he removes it...she is dead, and he sniffs her longingly in an attempt to remember her already fading scent. This inspires him to begin a quest for scent and how to make it last, she is the elusive perfect "aura" he is attempting to create. A hint of yellow plums, clean sweat and cool essences

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille was the person who had the most accute sense of smell ever and could smell your perfume when you went by and instinctively would know how to create it from raw materials-having NO experience at perfumery at all. He knew ALL scents and felt a need to create the perfect perfume...no matter what the cost!!

Perhaps this set was meant for blending one's own signature scent, or just to add to the experience of the movie and/or novel; one thing is for sure: I WANT THIS BADLY!! Another reviewer on a different site claims some are for wearing and some are for reference...but thay are all superlative and well-made. This IS the art of LE PARFUM (the good, the bad and the unusual...in essence form) and my own personal Fragrance Ark of the Covenant...

aphorg
aphorg

If only I hadn't learned this existed...I want it more than I'd like to admit. Can't find anything but tiny decants online, though. I'll keep wishing, but maybe it wasn't meant to be. :(

adele l

I got a decant of Aura and it is absolutely fascinating..incredibly pleasant and not awful at all! Of course it's hard to discern individual notes (jasmine?) it is this lovely, clean, nondescript floral fragrance that kept wafting up and putting a grin on my face. It is quality- so impressed with its creativity

lilinah
lilinah

Here's a rough translation into English of toyoutoyou's review:
The box contains fourteen olfactory compositions. The fifteenth fragrance, "Aura", offers an imaginary interpretation of the bewitching spell of the "virtuous and awful smell of Grenouille", the protagonist-murderer in Perfume [originally published in German as Das Parfum, by German writer Patrick Süskind]. It is composed of 84 ingredients, but the secret of its formula remains well guarded. Perfumeurs: Laudamiel Christophe and Christophe Hornetz.

toyoutoyou
toyoutoyou

El estuche contiene catorce composiciones olfativas La décimo quinta fragancia, “Aura’” brinda una interpretación imaginaria, sortilegio hechizante del “perfume virtuoso y espantoso de Grenouille”, el protagonista asesino de El perfume. La componen 84 ingredientes, pero el secreto de su fórmula permanece bien guardado. Perfumistas: Christophe Laudamiel y Christophe Hornetz.

Le Parfum by Thierry Mugler 4.90 out of 5 based on 23 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Le Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Le Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Parfum by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Parfum by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.