Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

honey
tuberose

Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir by Thierry Mugler is a Floral fragrance for women. Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Alexis Dadier. The fragrance features tuberose and honey.

Tuberose Honey

Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir Fragrance Reviews

K1
K1

I just wanna cry! This is beyond beauty, beyond expressions! I established a friendship with tuberose which was my phobia till few months ago due to some bad experiences of artless compositions introducing the flower. Then I found some releases such as Mad Madame from Juliette has a Gun and Serge Lutens Cédre and here’s another one and the highest one.
The very opening seriously gave me over-excitement feeling. This is one the most elegant feminine perfume I’ve ever known. A lady is and imperial bridal, that splendor! It opens with a fresh seductive boozy floral air; absinthe, lemon and perhaps vetiver (not sure) are things I’m getting. Of course performing on tuberose base. Then gradually honey appears.
Let’s not talk about the notes and talk on how indescribable the actual perfume is and how incomparable the beauty encaged within is. It’s light, fresh, elegant, grown up, sexy and feminine; sexually feminine, attractive and alluring.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This is absolutely fantastic... I get that honey so clearly. Its alive! May be, imo, the best tuberose around. GOSH its great. Dries down subtley and sweet. Is so unique. I cant stop smelling my wrist. I love this collection. I have 4 of the 5 and i cant get enough

Ashley_Chanel
Ashley_Chanel

If anyone is selling a bottle please contact me. I can't find one anywhere and have been looking ever since i received a sample. I live in the UK.

littebee
littebee

I love it. It's rich honeyed tuberose. Beloved gold juice. I received many compliments. At the beginning it is not easy, it's cold and I feel some freshly cut grass, but in 20 min it develops to warm, subtly sweet cloud of rich smell.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This was love at first sniff. An absolute pleasure. I've never been a floral person but I do have a weakness for jasmine and tuberose, and when I wear them, I WEAR them, if you know what I mean... This was a blind buy based on the fact that I was so in love with the uniqueness and beauty of Dis Moi, Miroir and Miroir de Envies!

The scent started off quite weak, or so I thought, so I basically covered myself in it. I could sense that sort of "cold" aspect people mentioned. The absinthe is obvious yet very subtle and subdued at the same time. The honey is also very present but not a dripping, candy-like honey. It's a soft, wispy, powdered honey (sort of reminds me of the honey of Quelques Fleurs Royale in a way, but less pronounced). After 30 minutes I was surrounded in a giant cloud of sillage. Maybe I put too much on! Oh well, it's gorgeous! The thing is, the sillage is not thick like with something like Datura Noir or Fracas. The sillage is wispy, light, floaty. The flower is delicate and frail, almost ethereal. The scent is like nothing I've yet experienced. It's so incredibly soft, yet surrounds you and envelopes you in sillage at the same time. The tuberose is absolutely gorgeous. This is what I would spray on delicate, light pink, silk lingerie. I can just picture it hanging on a clothes line, drying in a soft summer breeze with the sunshine peeking out and big fluffy clouds rolling by. There's something cold about the scent, yet it is at the same time incredibly soft, cozy, and cuddly soft. I would say this is appropriate for any season as it's so likable and inoffensive. Even with probably 1 mL (way more than I would normally use) spread all over my hands and neck, I still don't feel like it's overwhelming. It's just that the cloud is stronger. But it's still gorgeous. I am absolutely thrilled with this blind buy. I couldn't be happier. All tuberose lovers MUST try this hidden gem!

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

I agree with another reviewer who said "the idea is intoxicating" and it is, the idea of mixing absinthe and honey is absolutely marvelous, the problem is that its only the idea that works for me, in reality i find the scent rather masculine, the tuberose and its animalic qualities are rather absent from the concoction. If you're happy with the smell of alcohol on a perfume this one should be it...though i plan on giving it another chance during winter times, for now i enjoyed the dry down on my boyfriend, if you can go past the opening booze you might come to enjoy it...but don't think of this as a white flowery perfume or another amazing Mugler because to my regret its none of either.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

What a gorgeous scent. Very intoxicating. The absinthe is lovely. The tuberose is so well blended, it's not a big white floral in your face. The absinthe creates a slighty spicy scent, very slight. The honey is not heavy either. Very well blended, unique scent!

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

A travers le mirroir reminds me of chamomile tea. Having received a generous sample from a not less generous fellow fragrantican, after this rather unexpected first impression, I put the sample away and decided to try it another time. After several tests, the strong chamomile note was there every time, and nothing much else. Not even honey, so it’s not a sweet tea. It is a very pleasant smell, for those who enjoy chamomile, which is certainly my case. For those looking for an exceptional honeyed tuberose fragrance, priced accordingly, this might turn out to be somewhat disappointing.

Bebette
Bebette

I am going to test this a couple of times before writing a full review but I just wanted to say BRAVO Thierry Mugler! The opening note for me was straight absinthe and in my rebellious days my friend smuggled a bottle of it into the States! Smelling this literally just took my breathe away and transported me back to my first shot of absinthe which knocked the wind out of me! I'll come back to this in a couple of days and update, I was just in disbelief I had to share this part now! Wow!

A Travers Le Miroir is an absolutely stunning scent, but like others have noted, this is not a tuberose in the traditional sense. And for that reason alone, I'm in love.

This fragrance is a mixture of honeyed sweetness, creamy tuberose and green, intoxicating absinthe. It's no wonder that I love this unique and fascinating composition. Thankfully it smells amazing on my skin too, like A Travers Le Miroir and I were meant to be.

When it first hits the skin, this fragrance smells quite fresh and green, like most Spring appropriate white florals. It also has a slight medicinal edge. As it settles, A Travers Le Miroir begins to draw you in with a deliciously creamy tuberose accord and a metallic yet crisp greeness, which I assume is the absinthe counteracting with the lush tuberose. Addictive is a good way to describe this fragrance and its magnetism.

The top notes have a slightly sour quality, but it's definitely not unpleasant on the skin. Towards the drydown, the scent is quite woodsy and smooth. This finish is rather warm and cuddly, like draping oneself in a cashmere blanket.

Unlike some other reviewers, I didn't have an issue with the longevity at all. It lasted a wonderful ten hours on my skin, so with that I'd say it's well worth the high price tag. I'm rather picky when it comes to white florals, yet this unique little composition has captivated me with its charm. I'll be sure to be wearing more of this over the next few months.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Top notes open with a tuberose and absinthe mix, I believe. The top notes fade into a wood mixture, although I think I can get some soapy note or something. Base notes are rather uneventful to me, it’s almost just like a slow fading of the middle notes.

Very fascinating mix. There’s something about the mix that’s rather brilliant, something about the very idea that’s exquisite. If fragrances can be labeled into classes, this is a definite high class fragrance. Personally, for whatever reason, smelling ATLM conjures in my mind a 1930’s era well-to-do woman wearing this. That’s the thing about ATLM - it conjures up images and pictures for me, it doesn’t merely stimulate the olfactory sense. It stimulates the mind. It is in your face. Like it or not, ATLM is bold and doesn’t care what you think about it. It is chesty (not big-breasted) - I mean it’s cocky; it’s quite sure of itself.

melia
melia

Definitely not a tuberose in the 'classical' way. I got it in a sample-swap, and when I first opened the little vial I was surprised. I didn't knew what to think, as it was so different from what I expected. Later on I tried it a few more times, and I came to the conclusion the tuberose smelled herbal, and there was not only honey, but also a bit beeswax. I really do understand jtd saying there is some 'herbal toothpaste'. But I prefer to think of this as a soothing herbal tea with honey. It makes me calm and relaxed.... I love how perfumes can have this medicinal effect. So all in all, I think A Travers Le Miroir is absolutely no mainstream scent, which needs a somewhat tolerant nose with fantasy to appreceate it. Really recommended to try at least.

jtd
jtd

Through the looking glass you find a distorted, exaggerated world. In the case of A Travers le Miroir, it’s tuberose that’s distorted. Instead of a large dose of flower with gorgeous/vile undertones like the flower itself, ATlM smells by turns like liniment, absinthe and herbal toothpaste with a bit of tuberose and jasmine. Interestingly, given the decision to highlight the underbelly of the tuberose, there’s none of the fleshy, sweaty component of the flower. The herbal predilection gives a cool antiseptic feel. It also gives ATlM the dry feel of a tonic or a digestif.

ATlM is a great spin on the tuberose and doesn’t smell anything like most tuberose perfumes. Big balm, little flower. Sillage is moderate after a swirling opening, but the fragrance has endurance if you like it, tenacity if you don’t. Its changes are gradual but appealing. The floralcy fades to a hum. The herbs remain bitter all the way through to a largely woody base, giving a blunt resinous quality.

If ATlM were less attractive, I’d call it odd. But it’s quite handsome, so I’ll call it distinctive.

L'Homme Vert
L'Homme Vert

One of the most stunning of all recent tuberose themed perfumes, take a walk through a very white indolic garden hedged by stark espaliered wormwood shrubs while busy worker bees go about their business collecting scads of fragrant honeyed nectar, a truly novel & bitter-sweet take on my favorite of all flowers and beautifully counterbalanced by the coolest of intoxicants, Absinthe. Although recently launched it has now become almost impossible to track down, hopefully my 50 ml. bottle of edp will endure, just one of the many reasons I have stopped buying limited edition versions as of late. Superb silage & longevity during drydown are not a problem with this unusual beauty, the quality of natural elements used in this parfum are of the highest available. On a positive note I have found this eau de parfum concentration similar in strength to Dior's latest offering of J'adore L'Or, Essence de Parfum.
The mirrored coffret presentation is sensational, so very 'Mugler'!
Tres Chic . . .

pansylady
pansylady

What an incredible tuberose scent!

Unlike many of the reviews I've read, I don't pick up coldness or a synthetic/medicinal vibe- I think the honeyed notes make it warm, enchanting and inviting!

The honey notes and potency are reminiscent of Serge Lutens' Miel de Bois- and the tuberose notes place it on a par with my other tuberose favorites, vintage Chloe and Fracas-

If you like the idea of a honeyed white flower powerhouse fragrance, definitely check this out!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Has anyone heard about or experienced Miroir des Voluptes? Bulgarian Rose, Agarwood, Amber and Tobacco Leaves. This edition hasn't been added to Fragrantica yet, but I'm sure they're on it. It's supposed to be out this year. Sounds excellent. This might prove that A*Men Pure Havane is definitely going to have something to do with the use of tobacco.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Stunning, twisted, very mysterious, complicated despite the very few notes it contains. The honey I don't smell, the tuberose is there but dominated by absynthte. This is a perfume for a femme fatale for sure. Cold, even distant, elegant and powerful, I enjoy it immensely, it makes me feel special. I feel the passion lurking beneath the icy cold facade, like royalty ready to fall madly in love with a dangerous stranger from a faraway land, ready to risk it all for the pleasure of an untamed burning love.
I find it surprisingly easy to wear, it's an every day escape from the ordinary.
The mirror box, the bottle, the silage and lasting power are all magnificent.

adele l
adele l

I gave away my decant of this thinking maybe I received the wrong one...it is extremely heavy on the anise and medicinal notes. I love tuberose but couldn't detect any- no honey either. I gave it to a man. It is fascinating but not feminine at all!

abirae
abirae

Alternating between sweet warm notes and icy cold medicinal astringency, this scent seems to vibrate. The result is a bitter tuberose that could be worn by men just as easily as women. Although it is tuberose, it has that cold quality of freshly painted galleries and wet plaster that makes it particularly odd and modern.

I find it incredibly beautiful, but a little difficult to wear. Good for art openings, but difficult for casual wear. In the winter it gives me the chills. And even though I find it rather androgynous, my husband who cares for very few scents, likes this and Carnal Flower.

lilith
lilith

'A Travers Le Mirror' is one of five in a new collection of perfumes for Thierry Mugler. All five have a captivating transperancy within the respective blend which allows the featured note to shine through. This is no exception. The divine tuberose is reflected from top note to drydown without every being overpowered by the warmth sweetness of the honey. This is a completely beguiling scent which follows you just like your own reflection in a mirror.
The headiness of the tuberose is magically transposed into a seductive alluring scent thanks to the sweet honey. The balance of power between these two main players is always in checkmate. One never overtakes the other, yet always recognisable. This scent plays with you, one minute you are sure you passed a garden of white flowers, then again maybe you just stubled across a honeypot.It's all smoke and mirrors really!!

Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir by Thierry Mugler 4.10 out of 5 based on 120 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mirror Mirror Collection - A Travers Le Miroir by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.