Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir Thierry Mugler for women

Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

milky

Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir by Thierry Mugler is a Floral fragrance for women. Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Fabrice Pellegrin. The fragrance features orange blossom, lily and milk.

Orange Blossom Lily Milk

Alien

Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir Fragrance Reviews

vivik

Yes, totally Alien, sprayed a copious amount on myself this morning in Sephora..., almost identical, the lily - jasmine note, burnt metallic milk....

pravda48
pravda48

...Am I the only one who finds this VERY similar to Alien?? I don't understand that at all.

Anyway it's very characteristically a Mugler! Whatever combo/base of notes it is that I identify in his scents (Alien/Angel and flankers, at least) which I define as 'powdery/spicy/HEAVY floral' is still there, very very thick and sweet as ever. (I'm very tempted to say it's a particular type of amber, but that's not listed here?)

Only on the first 15 mins though, will report back if it changes!

I just received it today, and I am not real impressed, it is very floral on me, the creamy/ milky edge isn't very present , I find this is mostly a bright floral, and that it isn't so complex really as there is little development.For the price definitely a bit overrated , it smells interesting, but I am just not finding it great. There is a soapiness also that isn't very attractive to my nose.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

FANTISTIC, WARM, CREAMY SCENT. ITS WAY MORE COMPLEX THAN IT THE DESCRIPTION LETS KNOW. IT STARTS SWEET AND SLIGHTLY FLORAL. AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE I SMELL CARAMEL OR SUGARED MILK... THERE IT DEVELOPS INTO WARM MILK WITH JUST A SLIGHT TARTNESS TO BALANCE. VERY VERY VERY GOOD. THS IS MY FIRST MUGLER... I WILL NOW BEGIN OBSESSION

Germany
Germany

Mirror Image ~ “A lavish, nurturing floral fragrance melding Lily, Orange Blossom, and nurturing milky notes for extreme sophistication.”
.....this is beautiful, elegant and warm. It was given to me by someone special and is very special to me.
I do smell jasmine and it does remind me of Alien, but it is smoother and creamier and a sweeter, slightly more gourmand .

May I include this review by perfumer Fabrice Pellegrin: I found it to be very good.

Mirror Image stays close to the skin but offers a soft, sweet gourmand bouquet. Orange blossom and lily certainly stand out during the beginning stages, with those milky and "nurturing" notes underscoring the beautiful, sweet Spring blooms. It is this honeyed and happy stage of the fragrance that compels me to recommend it for Easter and/or springtime. The heart becomes a bouquet akin to fruity marshmallows, much like the sweet gourmand scents catered to the younger crowd. The marshmallow accord prompted my husband to say, "It reminds me of high school." An expert on fragrance, he is not. However he poses an accurate idea in that this fragrance can be considered quite young - not really sophisticated as the marketing description suggests. For fans of By Kilian Love or the difficult to obtain L'Artisan Framboise Tralala you will find something likeable here. Thankfully, the milky notes never turn sour as they provide a creamy anchor to the cheerful, candied flowers, much like a dash of cream adds richness to a cup of floral tea. It struck me as I began to write this review that the name might hold some significance in its description. For the other scents in this collection, I simply saw it as an unrelated embellishment. However in this case, the name does match the close to the skin quality of the youthful, candied yet slightly creamy Mirror Image. And for those of us who feel younger than the image in the mirror holds, this scent provides a refreshing reminder of our youth.

sweetiepea161616

Hmmm, interesting. Only three notes? It smells more complex than that. Yet there is a very comforting simplicity about it. I am NOT in any way shape or form a floral person. I mean really. Alien is the only real floral I own, and you can hardly categorize it as a floral because there is so much more going on. Anyways, I got a sample of this (it wasn't cheap!) but it's so cozy and comforting! It's a gorgeous, sweet floral that feels like home. I didn't think I would like it this much but I'm finding that it's very inviting. I love that there is a bit of sweetness and the milk note to keep it interesting. When I tested from the STC vial, sillage seemed very soft, however when sprayed, holy cow! This stuff is very strong and long lasting, and therefore worth the price. Well done, Mugler. WOW is all I can say. An unexpected pleasure. And in regards to a previous review, IMHO, this does not remind me of Alien but I can see where they are coming from, as the "vibe" it puts off is similar.

EDIT: I just picked up a bottle of this and it's GORGEOUS!! The mirrored box and the perfume bottle are just beautiful, and the scent smells even better when it's sprayed on. LOVE!! Every time I wear it I love it even more. This is a must try for all Mugler fans.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

White florals are not my thing. I'm always open to trying them though, and hoping one will come along to change my mind. However, the combination of white florals and the milk note made me want to scrub this. I persevered, hoping for a miracle, but unfortunately it deteriorated into a soapy mess at 2 hours. I can't find anything positive to say about it, sorry.

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

As I first tried it for my complete disappointment there was no milk - nor cereal ;) - whatsoever... It smelled only like a very strong orange with lily, pretty basic, almost sad for my expectations of Mugler. Six hours later I sprayed it again and now I can feel the milk mixed with the orange, the lily feels way in the back and I honestly feel like bathing in it or make it into an oil and just rub it all over in a childish kind of way...its almost like baby powder with lily... It is paradoxically mild and intoxicating at the same time.

2 days later I started smelling in the very beginning something slightly alcoholic, no idea what notes but it made me wonder if it was the right perfume - I also have Through the Mirror and the bottles are alike. If you know of something truly milky but with an interesting and complex development pls let me know. Thanks.

Apparently beyond the 3 notes listed here one can also find praline, dry fruits and apricot. The dry down is rice, vanilla, musk and almonds: I'm quoting from a French reviewer since i cannot really identify all of the notes individually.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I agree with sweetiepea1616, its hard to believe that this has only three notes... I don't know if you all have eaten a bowl of Fruit Loops or Trix and when you get to the bottom of your bowl and the milk is mingled with the left over sugary ness of the cereal? That's what this smells like to me. It's very comforting and delicious and every now and again I get a nice gentle waft of flowers. I haven't found a Mugler fragrance that I like until now.

sweetiepea161616

Hmmm, interesting. Only three notes? It smells more complex than that. Yet there is a very comforting simplicity about it. I am NOT in any way shape or form a floral person. I mean really. Alien is the only real floral I own, and you can hardly categorize it as a floral. Anyways, I got a sample of this (man, it wasn't cheap!) but it's so cozy and comforting. I don't know what it is but the scent makes me want to grab my fleece blanket (it's VERY soft) and wrap it around me and slowly close my eyes and doze off for an afternoon nap(and of course all this is happening on a picnic blanket under the warm sun. Don't ask me why, but it is. This is my ultimate comforting moment. Yes, I love to be warm and doze off in the sun.) The milkiness is apparent but it's not at all what I expected. It's not really powdery, it's not sweet, it's just comforting. I think this is the perfume you wear when you are depressed and you want to relax and just let your worries melt away. I didn't think I would like it this much but I'm finding that it's very inviting and soft. Sillage is soft but still radiates moderately. Well done, Mugler. WOW is all I can say. An unexpected pleasure. And in regards to the post below, IMHO, this does not remind me in any way shape or form of Alien. Maybe that's just me.

vivik

I am glad I could get a decant of Dis-moi as I was almost going to buy it without trying. It´s nothing like Majestes, totally nothing like Voluptes, this is a lily covered with lots of "baked" sweetend metallic milk and with good deal of Alien-ish vibe.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I am glad that I was able to purchase a sample of this before investing into a full bottle judging by the notes - Pheew! It is a nice smell, it kinds of smells like sour Almonds with a mix of flowers, it's nice don't get me wrong but to me it was not worth to buy the full bottle.

Sal1970
Sal1970

I am on my 3rd bottle of this perfume. I get so many compliments about it and I love the fact that it lasts all day. Definitely one of my favourites.

Yamba1
Yamba1

This is a very elegant and well crafted creation from the house of Mugler. For anyone who may feel a little nervous about trying a Mugler, never fear! Whilst some of his better known fragrances make a big statement, his Miroir line is more refined albeit still beautifully made. Don't get me wrong: Dis Moi is no retiring wallflower. She is a stunning, feminine and sophisticated perfume that will get you noticed not for how unusual you smell, but just because you smell divine.

On me the orange blossom and milk notes dominate the lily, and at times, can remind me somewhat of a more lady-like version of JPG Classique. I guess the milk gives a similar effect to the vanilla in Classique.

Silage and longevity are both good. This is worthy of consideration for anyone wanting a a gorgeous white floral perfume .

mrsriley
mrsriley

i would love to smell this as i was recommended it as a substitute for le feu de issey..but i can't seem to find it :(..does anyone have a sample going in the uk??

Bebette
Bebette

Love... Love... Love!!! When I first received this fragrance, I didn't care for it much at all and quickly stuck it back in the box. I had gotten it by mistake (I'd ordered Voluptes) and because I was upset by the mix-up I didn't give it a fair chance. The other night I was wearing a dress covered in lilies and thought this perfume would be fitting enough, I wasn't going anywhere special so I didn't see why not. I am so happy I did, it was beautiful, sweet but not overly so. The lily is extremely apparent, yet portrays images of life rather than death. Milky, smooth, and blossoming at the same time. The orange blossom was there in the initial spray but quickly faded into the background. I was given several compliments and one woman even asked me what the name of it was, I must admit for once I didn't care to share and just replied "I don't know how to pronounce it, it's something French, sorry." However, I will not keep this secret from you lovelies and I highly recommend this if you are a fan of the lily, it was noticeable but not overpowering and lasted until my shower the following day!

Originality: 10/10
Sillage: 10/10

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

We have two flowers....equal in beauty and personality...joined in such perfect harmony, like a marriage, by means of milk...hmmmm..leave it to the house of TM to conceive such a simple yet gorgeous combination. Smooth, Rich and elegant. Amazing perfume..three little notes to create a flawless, yet so perfectly connected scent.

Nat13
Nat13

If you have traditionally turned away from Thierry Mugler fragrances, now is the time to give the guy a reprieve and try this, coz it really is nothing like the brash scents he typically creates and I think it would surprise a few of his detractors.

This on me opens with a zesty orange, and almost reminds me of a chypre thinking about happening then ducking it's head at the last minute.

That impression is very short lived tho, as on me, it tones down within minutes to a sweet and creamy smooth, perfect balance of orange blossom and lilly, with what I am sure is a warm and very subtle smooth soft leather hiding in there too.

*My 2 year old is sniffing me as I write this and has declared it 'mmmm yum mum'* :-)

On me it is not soapy, the sweetness is not overkill, sillage is ok, and the lasting power is great. A spray will stay with me for several hours.

Great stuff - well done TM!

Francop
Francop

Beautifully made creation by Thierry Mugler around the lily note...this note is really sweet and potent but very wearable by gents...it is not as funereal as Diorissimo, stern as Muguet de Bonheur by Caron or beachy citrusy as Eau de New York by Bond no 9...

Perfect for autumn/winter as the honey notes will provide some comfort...

One spray on your chest is enough for the whole day...otherwise you will suffer...

Incredible longevity...

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Extremely feminine, sweet, charming!
A very "warm" and creamy floral, mixed with viscous honey, although I don't see "honey" listed in the notes.
Thanks to Yoshimi I got decants from every fragrance in the Miroir collection, and I must say I like them all!
My favorite remains "A travers le miroir", because it's strange and unusual, but this is a beauty queen too.
It's not soapy or clean at all, at least according to my nose. It's almost "dirty" actually, kind of like when you stick your nose in a big white lily to smell it and you get yellow pollen all over your face!
A very sensual, soft but strong perfume. I must get a full bottle!
I think it fits well a curvy, beautiful, sensual woman, that likes to dress elegant and not very revealing, but oozes sensuality and passion from every pore of her skin. Others sense that.
Longevity and silage are both above average, yet the perfume stays close to the skin. I love it!

adele l
adele l

strange- i get a strong hit of anise with this one- i smell no lily at all. it's pleasant, unique and seems to have a lot of staying power...but it's also almost mentholated on my skin

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

It's got a clean soapy smell to it at first then it turns floral on me, it's quite beautiful and unique. When you first spray it smells tangy like the zest of an orange, it's a bit odd at first, my daughter said it smelled like cheerios cereal lol. This is not overly sweet it's got some sweetness from the flowers perhaps some but that's it. It's got depths and complexity despite the fact that only two notes are listed.It's got some tropical fruits in there too, but the Lily and the orange blossom dominate. I like it and I think is great for summer! It's strong but the top note are not volatile as in other white floral perfumes which could be headache inducing to some. The staying power is great! Love the art deco design of the bottle very unique.

BlackIvory
BlackIvory

Right!!..i actually splurged and bought this perfume full size!!!...its so classy and sexy..i love the way the orange blossom merges with the lily!..its a perfect marriage. i also detect a slight hint of cardamom and a sexy smokiness on my skin and not forgetting an elegant dose of jasmine as well. Im going to savour every drop and only wear this on special occasions. I love the mirror casing it comes in as well :)

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

I first heard about this new collection by Thierry Mugler in January, and was excited to see the distinctively different approach to perfume the brand was taking. In stead of the blockbuster day scent (which angel, and all it's variations no doubt are these days) this new collection is about nuance.

Dis Moi, I received a sample with purchase at a major department store, and there are moments I really like. I think there is either Vanilla or Milk also in this fragrance, which at times, when it blends with the orange blossom or the lily can be quite charming. However, then there are the times that the orange blossom and the lily seem to be competing in your nose. The scent is much more smooth and charming after about 20 minutes, but a lot of it disappears after an hour or so.

I want to try it again when they have it in the stores, with the other scents, but I don't know when that is... for now I have only this sample and I have to say I don't think there is enough to get me though even a day.

Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir by Thierry Mugler 4.36 out of 5 based on 95 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mirror Mirror Collection - Dis Moi, Miroir by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.