Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites Thierry Mugler for men

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites Thierry Mugler for men
dislike

sour

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites by Thierry Mugler is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Alexis Dadier. The fragrance features lemon and vetiver.

Lemon Vetiver

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites Fragrance Reviews

henri345que
henri345que

This could be easily also the miroir de envies, since this fragrance has a green citrusy vibe that would match perfectly the green with envy idiom. But, if this is vain, well, it's a very harmonious one. To me it's more than just citruses and vetiver. There is something slithly boozy, fizzy and tart with the opening that i cannot just quite figure what it is. I don't get any floral aspect on this one, but i notice that when the vetiver starts to be noticeable there is also something sweet and maybe nutty that reminds me of tonka. Altough the woody and sweet part, this is very refreshing, to me very summer-like.

K1
K1

Went through it again, hardly to tag it manly. At last unisex for that balmy sweetness.
Initially it's a citric sweet perfume with a pleasant sharp jasminish floral theme. Then after a while it settles in heavier and heavier but not heavy like deep floral works. Heavy, oily and modern just as it should be: lovable and tender. It's the main theme on woody notes here playing on floral base. Maybe a nice logic to call it man perfume.

I would never thought it was for men in a million years when I first smelled it. Citrus also got a bit too pungent on me along with that licorice-woody accord that hard to define whether it's manly or more feminine. I should have got it when I had a chance because it does havea unique quality to it but at the same time, it can be difficult to wear on everyday basis.

Dragon St Charles
Dragon St Charles

I wish I had read further down in the reviews to the one about the "strong licorice undertones" because, YES, I get that very very much. Unfortunately, licorice and I are NOT friends so I'll be swapping this one away. Still, this is a well-blended, quality fragrance, just not one that I can wear.

Edit - this smells WONDERFUL on my husband, so it ended up being a great buy afterall :)

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Got this as a free sample with a present a friend had bought me from the Mugler website . . . . OMG - This is GOOD stuff! I didnt realise it was "for men" until I looked it up here . . .Oh well , that doesnt bother me , ive worn mens fumes before and probably always will wear whatever I like!

This is niche quality and extremely well made , I cannot fault Mulger , my fave house for many reasons - Quality , longlevity , amazing bottles , groundbreaking "out there" scents with BIG personality. Just excellent! Other designer perfume houses could learn a lot from TM.

THis scent is lovely , very well blended i cannot pinpoint any notes , its just one gorgeous , woody , clean , classy smelling blend. This is how id imagine "lolita lempicka au masculin" to smell - it smells "clean" there is a warm foody sweetness ( vanlla n anise) undercutting the masculine "fresh woody" vibe , complex ! Unisex and a fab scent.

Shame its so hard to get !

emmanuel.santana
emmanuel.santana

im confused, is this one for men, women, or unisex??

Meeru99
Meeru99

I agree with the comments above, very similar to Alien in the 1st notes and 2 hours later it still is very reminiscent of Alien. I do get a strong licourice undertone coming though. Very Mugler and very unusual, still making my mind up whether I could wear it or not.

wakemeupalready

I received a sample of this fragrance from the mugler store when I purchased Pure Havane. I must say that this is definatey signature Mugler.

This is where im confused! as soon as I put this on my skin I got Alien! this smells how I think an Alien for men version would smell like.

It's the oddest scent I haven smelt and I'm a huge Mugler fan. I get the vetiver and the liquorice. To me this smells like their Mugler Cologne and Alien mixed together? It's so beautiful when the middle and base notes kick in, but that opening... is so reminscent of Alien.

Another masterpiece, smells like nothing else around and very niche.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Iwant this soo badly, there are rarely any summer colgone type frags that I can wear and I definently feel this would work for me, so if anyone's interested... hit me up

bubbles
bubbles

I like this scent! My second favorite from the mirror collection! It is like a grown up sparkling soda for the skin!Very interesting,nice for spring & summer!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Like almost all scents from Miroir collection, this one can easily go on a man or on a woman ( except Dis moi miroir which is strictly feminine) . I am a lady and I love this one. One of the smoothest woody/vetiver scents I ever smelled, it's just beautiful, classy, refreshing. I love the entire Miror collection, as it seems to me to fall into the masterpiece category easily. Of course the presentation is gorgeous. Straight on my wishlist, along with all other "miroir" perfumes.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I like this on my husband. I think this is not your typical cologne as I first thought it was a woman's perfume. This is sweeter than I would expect for a man's fragrance but it's only in the opening. Honey is not listed but I can detect it! overall very nice for summer and it has very good staying power. Sillage is very good too!

CrimsonIdol8
CrimsonIdol8

The idea of giving a cologne/perfume only one or two wears and then determining its quality seems hasty to me. For the purpose of a review, I like to let a fragrance develop and tell a story over an extended period of time through a multitude of different experiences. As pretentious as it sounds, I find it particularly effective in enabling it to have an effect on me, whether it be simple or profound. Describing this within a review, I believe, makes for a better read.

Having said that, on the occasion, a fragrance comes along and blows my mind. When this happens, I can't help but throw this methodology out the window and talk about it! This is one such fragrance.

The Thierry Mugler lineup is known for its complex compositions. Modern gourmand notes combined with more traditional non-gourmand notes. House signature, so to speak, is combining these notes to create a unique, powerful, intoxicating scent. The Mirror Mirror Collection, however, is a little different.

Miroir Des Vanites is an enigma. A warm, crisp scent that goes on dry, opening with a citrus blast and drying down into a vetiver tinged woody-esque base. All its life, it is teased into the nostrils with a breezy, gourmand licorice, a note that seems to disappear and reappear on a whim, and a light vanilla.

Light, yet strong. Simple, yet complex. Sweet, yet savoury. Masculine, yet feminine. Modern, yet classic. A quality blend that is unlike the others in its house, and yet still manages to carry the Mugler signature.

Recommended.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I didn't expect this to be gourmand, but it does carry that quality. However, it is just as gourmand as it is woody... standing properly balanced with a certain warm and earthy touch. Getting better with time, Des Vanites slowly impales you with rich vanilla and the possibility of a licorice or anise note. Mr. Mugler is an unpredictable one. I'm guessing the remaining 4 Miroirs have unexpected surprises inside as well.

BIG
BIG

Translated into "Mirror of Vanities" this fragrance features, “Bubbly citrus accords enliven and mingle with the warm, subtle bitterness of cinchona bark and vetiver,
heightened by the black intensity of licorice.”

wakemeupalready

This is really lovely I smelt it in London heathrow airport it reminds me of his mugler colonge only slightly fruitier and quite heavy on veviter

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites by Thierry Mugler 4.44 out of 5 based on 43 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir Des Vanites by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.