Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies Thierry Mugler for women

Mirror Mirror Collection -  Miroir des Envies Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies by Thierry Mugler is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies was launched in 2008. Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies was created by Christine Nagel and Louise Turner. The fragrance features jasmine.

Jasmine

Sexual Star
The Taste of Fragrance Alien
Din ka Raja

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies Fragrance Reviews

louisdav
louisdav

The opening is amazing. Toast, jasmine, that unusual skin-like scent. Unfortunately though, this quickly turns into a synthetic, headache inducing mess. It is very reminiscent of the smell of ironing and melting plastic on my skin.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

"Morning toast, sun-drenched skin, and jasmine" are notes reported in this addictive perfume.

On my skin, this plays like Galliano, Frangelico and a touch of cream--liquorous anise, vanilla, herbs, citrus and hazelnuts. Jasmine doesn't seem to make an appearance but fortunately her understudy--something akin to cool, waxy orange blossoms--makes a showing.

Thoroughly addictive, comforting and intoxicating. Yes, I'd like another shot please!

Tapinview
Tapinview

This is an extraordinary scent. It is yes a mirror of envy, and totally convinces me that brilliant perfumers are true artists....there is a metallic glassy edge to the adoration of a beautiful image with the hot edge of envy . Whoever arranged the notes (actually we already know she is ) a genius.... I love this

yvashche
yvashche

Hazelnut! I have not see anything like this.

gordbrad
gordbrad

buttered toast and jasmine... gorgeous.

littebee
littebee

I swapped it some time ago. Funny,but I couldn't stand the hazelnut and some icy notes mixed together. I got them there:)

TheCountess
TheCountess

I absolutely love it. It's reminiscent of Alien, but it's like a faint memory of it. It feels warm and close to the skin with its addictive flower.

levinebabe
levinebabe

Where should I start? I do not feel prepared to review such masterpiece, but the urge to do so is so strong within me. I love this gem. And I feel blessed and lucky to love this gem. I honestly cannot detect the jasmine. Well, at least the jasmine is not like the one in Alien or A La Nuit. No, it is blended very well with the bread or biscotti note everyone was talking about. I never smell biscotti, but at least I have seen one. But I can detect the biscotti here. I normally never do. Miroir des Envies is a chihuahua to me. Why, it is so strong if smelled from the nozzle, or, because I bought a decant, the juice itself. But, after sprayed, it won't be that strong. In fact, it vanish into the thin air, just like that in a few hours. Or maybe my nose was anosmic, tired of smelling this beauty. For me, it is very enjoyable and I even thought this can be a fit for everybody. But no. From my family and friends who have sniffed this, my father is the only person to love this. Others complained that it is too strong, or something like that. They don't like it. The aroma has captivated me. The smell of the freshly baked biscotti, very natural!

K1
K1

Is there any better jasmine perfume on the planet?!
Miroir des Envies is a premium high range feminine and exclusively feminine jasmine perfume (though I apparently smell patchouli too). Like all Mirror series this one presents the same sun-burning oily erotic vibe, sexy and sexy! I seriously cannot stop sniffing my wife when she wears it.
This adorable opening gives me lots of jasmine, woods and wild herbs assaulting out like a sand storm; dark, colossal and vigorous.
That quality of smell, that strength and that marvelous magnificent aroma is just from out of this world, shot to this planet from a remote corner of cosmos.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

One note listed? What's up with that? There's so much more than that going on here. I get what everyone is saying about the "bread" or "biscotti" note. Personally the note is more like biscotti, but not with any spices or anything, more of a yeasty-bready smelling biscotti, and NOT sweet or dipped in anything. Just the biscotti alone and naked. It's kinda reminiscent of the bready notes in Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau. There is definitely something weird there. Not weird in a bad way, just weird in a Mugler way ;) The scent is not in any way sweet or gourmand at all, not even a little bit, but it is comforting in the same manner that sweets are. I have to give it to him, this is quite a unique scent. You could say all jasmine is the same but you'd be dead wrong. Mugler has a way with florals that make them much more appealing to me than anyone I've discovered thus far. I don't know if everyone would really appreciate this scent though. It's quite unusual, and although I like the way it smells on my skin, I'm not sure I would like to smell like this all day. Hope that makes sense.
10/10 for creativity
9/10 for sillage
8.5/10 for wearability
9.5/10 for likeability!

EDIT: I just got myself a bottle of this! It's amazing!!!! The mirrored box is gorgeous, and so is the bottle. The scent is even better when it's sprayed on. I am so in love! <3 This is seriously the most unique jasmine scent I have ever smelled and I am completely INTOXICATED by its aroma. Just divine. You must sample this if you have any affinity for jasmine!

noninoni

Excerpt from Thierry Mugler's "Mirroir Mirroir Catalog"
Mirroir des Envies = Mirror of Desires
Composition: An addictive floral
Unexpected notes of toast and sun-warmed skin contrast with and update a generous jasmine heart.

noninoni

Clearly not for everybody. I am in love with this perfume. The composition above is missing the toasted bread component, which is very eminent.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Borderline schizophrenic.

Where to start....

My boy-cat had smelly paws. They didn't smell cheesey or dirty, & they weren't even unpleasant to sniff, per se. I would often awake to find a large, black pad hovering above my lips, trying to steal my breath. My velvet theif had feet that smelt of clean, dusty fur, dry, pale biscuits, aga-toasted breadcrumbs & aged candle-wax. My feline friend also had a penchant for padding across window cills & shelves, knocking treasures onto the floor with his furry plus-fours & fancy tail, much to my chagrin.

On first sniff, Miroir des Envies is a black cat, sat alone licking its paws in a beautiful french renaissance bedroom. The room is ransacked, the Duchess lies dead. Confusion reigns around the little furry island of calm. What? Why? How?

The mirror tells a tale...pad, pad, pad. Smash! A bowl of toasted, sugared hazelnuts & almonds shatters. Bang! A tea tray of brown toast spread with honeycomb hits the floor. Crash! The jasmine plant is upended & the waxy buds scatter. Thud! A full bottle of Alien parfum falls heavily onto the sleeping beauty's head. Pad, pad, pad...

M des E is a twisted little scent dressed up as sweetness & light. It has many facets & yet it does not give up its secrets easily. No matter how much you may love & hate it (& you will, with equal measure) you will be compelled to keep sniffing, searching for its breadcrumb trails as it pads across your skin.

For me, it is not a scent I would comfortably wear even though I like loud, oddball perfumes....& yet I keep re-visiting my sample. I simply can't keep my paws off it.

M des E = Mad as a bag of cats - one to sample for curiosity & kicks.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

This smells like the finest, homeade, freshly baked, gourmet hazlenut biscotti with freshly picked jasmine in a clear watered vase, nearby! it's lightly sweet with a dab of salt and a nutty nuance, maybe some honey, oh and the jasmine ,,,this must be some super jasmine grown in some distant foregin land maybe some hidden place in tibet! lol, and i agree with Arkangel.... I sprayed a little on my neck and wrists and mmmmm, smelled so wonderfully delish, but it's very gentle that you forget it;s there, then every so often you are rewarded, you get a whiff of it and i think...ooh riight I nearly forgot i had this on, and the process repeats ..lol, and it stays this way for a good 6 hours on me,, very delicious , very relaxed, warm, one of the most comforting perfumes Ive ever tried, possibly at the very top of that list. its like the gourmet mac an cheese of perfume! lol No it doesn't smell like cheese,

The level of soft sweetness is so perfect i know this is described often with perfume, and we mean it when we say it, but then you smell something like mirrior envies.. and you forget how nice the others were, they no longer compare. This is yummy shortbread with gorgeous musk and jasmine with a delicate wood base. just so irresitably decidant, very consuming, very addictive. Half of me would love this more with a stronger silage, but the other half thinks it;s perfect the way it is and wouldnt want to ruin a great thing!

Also so unique! Just haven't the slightest idea what parfume smells similar to this. Too bad there isn;t a tea note, then this could be named 'tea and biscuits' honeyed tea with almond biscotti .... I'd definently buy a flanker of this, though i doubt that;s likely to happen

A true work of art

By the way I've never wanted to eat jasmine until now

And to the comments below, I really dont pick up anything burning, or plastic ..at all!

and "offensive''? to me this is one of the most inoffensive scents i've ever experienced ,,,i wish my feet smelled like this LOL

guessing at the notes.. other than jasmine, hazlenut, either beezwax or honey orris root, musk, blonde woods, some kind of light resin, benzoin maybe, but very little, iris and lily

And I think Luisa nailed it! I wouldn;t doubt for a second if that was the inspiration for this perfume.

Wanted to also point out that dough or what;s also referred to as footy smell i think is the lily, I personally love the lilly but i have read and heard others make comments about the lilly that it smells meaty or like cheese or feet, to them, lol ...well asl long as you dont have any lily phobias I think you;ll love this!

Actually just moments after first spraying this, the jasmine is quite prominent at this point its a very sexy and also comforting scent, but that quickly drys down to a purely comforting scent.

I own juiliette has a gun;s 'not a perfume; which only has one noet that is the vintage 50s synthetic amber extract..which is very expensive and very alluring... i added that on top of envies and it remains the same but someone makes the jasmine for apparent and also adds it;s one little sexy and alluring element, and well you have what is much closer to that initial spritz smell, it;s envies but with a touch of sex appeal. This is my new favorite recipie x)

I bet adding a simple amber scent like mark jacobs edt would work wonders for a little sexy appeal as well ;)

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

"Subtle" is the last word you'd associate with a Mugler fragrance, until now. That Mugler signature is also made known throughout transitioning... that glimmer or sparkle if you will. Des Envies is a quiet perfume, but when you've forgotten it's presence... it cuddles with you in a way, brushing your senses at random. Warm, gentle and comforting every moment it rises to be acknowledged. The colder it is outside, the more Des Envies will reveal itself. If this fragrance is reminiscent of any toasted bread, it would be Portuguese sweet bread with a hazelnut spread.

Miroir des Envies is a very interesting fragrance, one that I've worn three days in a row in order to gather any kind of opinion on the way it smells and speaks to me.

It's a jasmine fragrance alright, there's no doubt about it, however it's not necessarily pretty or flowery. The jasmine blooms in this fragrance, have been burnt or roasted alongside an array of hazelnuts and cashews.

It has a rather smokey and foody quality, which leans towards being gourmand, but not in a sweet sense of the word. The scent of toast is pretty spot-on, as I find this fragrance more savoury than sweet.

Many are referring to this fragrance as being a little similar to Alien, also by the same house. I know they're both dominated by jasmine, however I find Alien far more refreshing and a touch more feminine. Miroir des Envies is quite daring and strange, perhaps the name Alien was more suited to this Mugler creation.

This fragrance brings to mind marmalade toast, cocoa powder, an assortment of unsalted nuts and burning plastic. It's very strange, at times a little unpleasant, yet overall the kind of fragrance that you can't stop inhaling and spritzing on just to experience the weirdness of it all.

The longevity is good, very long lasting, yet the sillage is quite intimate and soft. I also find the scent a little soapy at times, but it's not really a clean scent. It's really hard to describe.

Malegria
Malegria

Jasmine? maybe, Alien-like. I don`t know where Mr. Mugler grows this kind of jasmine, but I can easily imagine myself smoking it and may be, even getting high.
The first whiff was a total surprise. I get a scent of freshly boiled millet pudding.It`s foody, but not in a gourmand sort of way - it does not make your mouth water or your brain crave sweets, but believe me, for the next 20 minutes your nose will be super-glued to your wrist and all kind of question marks are going to flash in your very mind. Is it eatable? is it flowery? is it something alive? is there a base? what the heck is this smell?!!!

I started to thing that it all begins to remind me of Ange ou Demon,but heartless and baseless - only the ghost of it`s opening notes. I think I rather like it.

9154mf
9154mf

How is it that the only note here is jasmine yet this smells nutty? Thanks for clarifying that there are in fact other notes here Celphie - i thought i was going nuts. Anyway there is something disturbing me about this scent, and I thought it might just be me but a few friends I asked to smell this equally turned up their noses, no one liked it. It smells strongly of hazelnut and the mixture of this and jasmine is just cloying, plasticky and a bit sickening, in my opinion. I usually love gourmands but this is such a weird smell.

Celphie
Celphie

There are two notes missing here: it's got toast in it, as well as "solar notes" (don't ask, I read this in another website, though I might be wrong)
At first whiff this smells really warm, comforting, nutty and gourmand, but not in a sticky cloying floral/fruity/sugary/caramel/marshmallow/cottoncandy/slap-you-in-the-face kind of gourmand, no. It's more like breakfast in bed croissant on a morning in France, next to a vase of fresh flowers. Later, the jasmine becomes more prominent, but the nutty warmth is still there.In the ens it smelled a bit like chocolate to me.
I smelled this through a tester, and later from a sample vial. It's lasting power is quite strong, and though the scent itself is quite strong, it's not overwhelming, though it can be annoying in summer. Best used in winter when you really want to feel warm and toasty and enveloped in cozy blanket of pastry, jasmine and sunshine.
Ok I'm off to buy my own bottle before I get the "I'm sorry we're sold out" retort.

adele l
adele l

Got my decant today! Couldn't agree more- beautiful jasmine fragrance but not overpowering

luisa margarita
luisa margarita

Ohhh!!!!! a sweet, mild and warm jasmine... this fragrance is a time machine, it's smells like my grandma kitchen when she baked sweet bread (the windows kitchen was near the garden) and of course, there was a jasmine plant.... it's really a conforting and relaxing perfume. It made me smile inmediately... good memories (great staying power.... but it's not a loud fragrance)

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies by Thierry Mugler 4.14 out of 5 based on 100 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Envies by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.