Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes Thierry Mugler for women

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

oud

Miroir des Voluptes joins the Mirror Mirror Collection in Summer 2010. Miroir des Voluptes (Mirror of sensual pleasures) combines seductive notes of Bulgarian rose and orange blossom, oud, amber, tobacco leaf, patchouli, sandalwood and musk.

Top notes: rose, orange blossom. Heart: oud, tobacco leaf. Base: amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli and musk.

It is available as 50 ml EDP. Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes was created by Nathalie Lorson and Daphne Bugey.

African Orange flower Bulgarian Rose

Tobacco Agarwood (Oud)

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Amber Tonka Bean

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes Fragrance Reviews

yvashche
yvashche

Boy was this hard to track down! But here it is, gleaming golden and silver on my table. And that only because an ebayer made a mistake and called this by another name. When I saw the golden arabesques, I knew this was what I was looking for. I love this Miroir the best. All the other reviewers are right: woody, smoky, sweet, ambery and oudy describes this scent. But its not heavy or dark. Its a light oud, if that is possible, and quite Western. Still, I love the smell and the bottle. Unfortunately for me, I have to bathe in it for the scent to last even half an hour. This often happens so I can't say for sure that it would not last on others. If it lasted longer on my skin, I would mark it as "love."

magda14012
magda14012

It is an elegant, creamy and deep scent. Not for the light hearted. But, then again, it is Mugler, so one expects high quality and beautifully blended ingredients. Opens with a Bulgarian rose and woody notes. Later I get hints of patchouli and oud. the scent gets darker, smoky and sensual. It is warm, comforting and very long lasting. Give it a try.

K1
K1

@Endymion, blind buy it mate. It's a fine unisex.

First of all I don't get any Arabian mood and combination to call it Arabian, folks. Exclusively, Mugler is the one of the top seller designer brands that are not following mainstream rose/oud or "so-called Arabian" combinations nowadays occupied markets.

Miroir des Voluptés is a win-win extraordinary modern combination with the same accord presenting in all of Mirror collection: sun-burning heat.
From the hot 'sun-burning skin' feeling in opening till the main them when the fragrance settles, it's like a journey into the great desert of Africa.
It opens like something burning under unusually hot sunshine. It may be your tan-oiled skin on a beach when you laid down and gone asleep and your umbrella shadow turned over. You fell the heat by bones and chilly breeze from waters (next theme after the opening) recovers chilliness and makes you calm temporarily but the heat is still sharp.
The second step is the main them that appears gradually and with fade-out/fade-in from the extremely hot dry jasmine/oud aroma to olive oil'ish oud/jasmine/tobacco scent.
Ultimately it sits on light yet potent warm potentially bold floral aromatic woody theme; like night of a sun-bathing day. You jump out to chill the heat on your skin that is still burning, drink something and walk leisurely through narrow streets full of huge jasmine shrubs hanging from balconies. I have experienced that feeling several times.

Endymion
Endymion

Can you help me if it's masculine enough to be worn by a man or is it very feminine?

vergil_s
vergil_s

completely an arabic perfume whit high build quality.
but absolutely it's not my type.
this perfume remind me midnight oud from juliet has a gun but they have a diffrent smell in drying down notes.
has a great projection.

یه عطر کاملا عربی که بر خلاف این عطر های رز عودی که الان داره پر میشه کیفیت ساخت بالایی داره.
اما واقعا یع روحیه عربی میخواد برا قبول همچین عطر هایی.
این عطر هم یه عطر سنگین و شرقی که به اون حال و هوا میخوره.
پخش بو زیادی داره.

vivik
vivik

An Arab hot shot frag, excellently done. Masculine. Like this one soap l´Occitane used to sell some time ago, sandalwoodishly sweet huge cream-clored soap.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

My favorite out of the Miroir collection. The first time I smelled this it stunned me. I knew I must have it. It is so rich and earthy with a slight sweetness. This perfume is so masterfully blended. Very strong oud and tobacco leaf in the opening, as it settles a minute the rose and orange blossom start coming forward. What a beautiful combination. The oud stays through the whole composition. The sandalwood is beautiful with amber adding a smokey sweet background. The patchouli is well blended to create such an exotic scent, not a vulgar patchouli in this one. Worth every penny!!!

suhaesa

this is mystery in a bottle ..its so sultry so refined so velvety so everything beautiful and meaningful in perfumery its an almost perfect composition missing nothing its full round its Ecstasy in a bottle..its really bewitching mesmerizing the Bulgarian rose(teats whats written on the notes)but i can swear i smell taif rose ..! layered with the agar wood oudy velvety heavenly transformations happen and you are lost in oriental dreams its soft and strong feminine and masculine its opposites attract...its got cherry to add some hidden sweetness and orange blossom to lift up the whole masterpiece...its bitter sweet..its a perfume you can drink literally you can never have enough off some what addictive ..its definitely one of a kind among western trends in perfumes its going to be a pioneer ..yes in Arabia and India 1000 s of years ago people have already done this but terry did it in a modern way yet didn't lose the authenticity ..the new oud rose trend has been popular but no one got it as good as this maybe David yurman and mancera come close and Juliet has a gun but they are still not as mesmerizing...

perfumeconcentration edp
oriental owdy rose
perfume rating 4.6 out of 5
bottle ratting 4 out 5
night winter wear i would repurchase it
bught it from sephra bahrain about 180 us$
50 ml

suhaesa

i am not a terry mugler fan..yet i fell in love with the mirror mirror collection,especially voluptuous..its an amazing combination of pure oud and taif rose, musk, and patchouli.. and a secrete hint of mystery..its so velvety.. elegant ...looooooooooooooooooooong lasting... and sensual..they really got it right..i disagree with one of the above reviews that there is no oud in it..on the contrarily there is heavy Indian or burmy oud in it and that's whats making it so long lasting and distinctive..i have experience with raw oud from all over the world and its not an easy substance to play around with.. I.E mix with other french notes..oud is best mixed with rose and patchouli and sandalwood and maybe musks and ambers..so for a european company to come out with this fragrance i do salute them ...it reminds me of Juliet has a gun midnight oud.. and a bit of the new estee lauder wood mystique..
its a perfume made for an Arabian, Andalusian, far eastern princes, it really has that aurora of royalty....
i bought it from sephora for about 180 us dollars..but its worth every cent for you don't need much just a tiny spritz goes until the next week..just like real oud..
the perfume really evokes the senses and takes you to another place and time its so sensual so voluptuous as if its a cocoon that wraps around you yet not over powering or suffocating because ouds can have that effect some times..but when done just right like that it really makes you feel like you are warped around a velvety, warm, mysterious cloud ...its an acquired smell, so give it some time to fall in love with, but be warned once you love an Arabian prince ,you can never go back. for the depth and the warmth and the passion is way tooo deep to ever return to earthly scents..

better worn in winter nights !

rating 4.6 out of 5

jae
jae

Nikki: those two are nothing alike. You could have both of them in your collection (as I do) and enjoy them for different occasions.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

I'm wondering how this compares to midnight oud? anyone?

Bebette
Bebette

So I just caved in and bought this for my birthday, hopefully my last purchase of the year lol! I'll update this when it comes, I hope I loveeeeeeee it!

EDIT: I finalllllly received this after the seller sent me the wrong one. I must say it was not what I was expecting at all, but not in a bad way. I was searching for an exotic scent yet did not expect it to be so sophisticated and clean! I agree with someone's comment on the opening to be medicinal, it was on me as well, but not for more than 10 seconds so I didn't mind it. After that I get predominantly woods, sandalwood according to the notes. The amber and oud are there but it is very well blended, making it warm and inviting like a big blanket. This will definitely be a favorite of mine on the rare occasion that it is cold here and on dreary rainy nights. After 6 hours, including a visit to the gym, it is still alive and kicking. It is softer now but still not to the point I need to bury my nose in my wrist. I believe the rose has finally come out to play beneath the wood pile. I do not see this as masculine, perhaps as mentioned below in the middle east, but for me I can see it much more easily worn by a confident woman who is secure in her femininity and not afraid to think outside of the box. This isn't one of those generic scents that all of your friends will run out to the store and buy and in that I find great comfort. So if this sounds like you then I highly enjoy it! Bravooooo Thierry Mugler!

Originality 10/10
Longevity 10/10
Sillage 10/10

sheherazade80
sheherazade80

why can't one find it in Europe (or worldwide?. Where can I find it?

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

Got this one as a tester..
Opening is very intense,almost medicinal!
Didn't like it, too vulgar for me even with my authentic arabic nose the opening was harsh really...
But the dry down is actually good! Thats when the flowers kick in! Pure arabian taifi roses WoooW! Very Sensual! Now I'm starting to love it! To me it starts masculine and ends up feminine ;> You can say it can be a unisex, at least in the middleast! You see here in this part of the world usually there is not much difference between His & Hers perfumes! And the same perfume smells pretty different on different genders :> And ladies in my opinion, this fragrance is better worn lightly either on the neck, decolletage, wrists, arms & hands! Or maybe all together! Enjoy! ;>

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

truly beautiful.. a must have lol...

Celestienne
Celestienne

I just got this one for my Birthday, i tested Mirroir De Volupte and Dis Moi Mirroir the other day and i liked them both, but i asked my family to buy me this because of the prettier bottle :-) it has those oriental Inscriptions on it that aren't found on other bottles. the smell is great, i would preffer if i found the orange blossom note in it but it's just not there!! but i like it anyway and it's long lasting on my skin,sillage is huge but only for a little time.i give it 8/10.

Thierry Mugler MIROIR DES VOLUPTES smells awfully cedarish to me. In fact, the primary scent to my nose would seem to be the same (only) component found in MOLECULE 01: iso-E-super. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe that substance is in this perfume as well, and I just happen to be hypernosmic to it, but the bottom line is that I'm not catching much in the way of oud here. Of course, I've never encountered oud except in perfume, so let's just say that this does not remind me at all of any of the other oud perfumes I've smelled.

I don't think that this is a bad fragrance, but I would not call it an oud perfume. More of a cedarish composition. This is also more masculine than unisex, it seems to me.

fraushka
fraushka

I finally got it! Guess, so far that's the most I've spent on a bottle of perfume - $125. But who's counting?;)
The day, that I tried it - I've lost my sleep. I wanted to have it. As a reminder I had a piece of paper, that I kept in my bedside drawer and it smelled divine even after a WEEK! I think that's the oud,that hooks you.
So, I had to wait a whole month before I went back to Dubai and finally got it, cause it was impossible to buy it anywhere else.
It is totally worth every penny!
Dark, woody, sexy, distinct,and the lasting power...until your next goood shower))

jonr951
jonr951

Why on earth did I not ask Nordies for a sample of this when I went to a Mugler event the other day?! HUGE mistake on my part! From what I can remember, Miroir des Voluptes is pretty great stuff! I NEED to find it and test it again REAL soon! : )

sous-la-douce
sous-la-douce

I bought this 1 unsniffed(no tester!!) coz i found tobacco listed in the notes,but i didn't find any trace of it!!in fact i didn't notice any other note than Agarwood!!!but it's really a high quality OUD that stayed for 6 hours with huge sillage!!i really appreciate the quality(common,it's very expensive it should be good!).the bottle is beautiful but the package is Ammmmmazing.it came in a mirrored wooden box pictured above behind the bottle.

i will wait 2 test it again in winter,maybe it will reveal the other notes then,coz i'm sure this is a cold weather fragrance,not for hot days at all.i think the coldness will keep the OUD a little "timide" so the other notes will take their places.

worood-mohamedia
worood-mohamedia

The wonderful combination between the Europian and Arab perfumes including the rose and the oud notes together with musk and amber which attract any women to wear.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

This beautiful wonder has oriental floral and woody notes with elegant hints of amber, musk and patchouli.

Oriental floral, woody and mildly powdery.

An elegant perfume for an Arabian princess.

Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes by Thierry Mugler 4.24 out of 5 based on 55 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mirror Mirror Collection - Miroir des Voluptes by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.