Designers » T-Z » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Mugler Cologne Thierry Mugler for women and men

Mugler Cologne Thierry Mugler for women and men
dislike

I have it: 1241 I had it: 372 I want it: 774 My signature: 12

Mugler Cologne Thierry Mugler for women and men Pictures Mugler Cologne Thierry Mugler for women and men Pictures

In creating Mugler Cologne, Thierry Mugler tried to copy the scent of an ordinary soap he brought from Morocco, which he liked very much. The fragrance was created by Alberto Morillas in 2001. The composition starts off with sharp and clear green and citrus notes, followed by a soapy accord. Hence, this fragrance is an extremely fresh scent of cleanliness. Top notes are bergamot, neroli and petit grain. There is a mysterious “S” note at the heart – a molecule kept in secret. The base is formed of white musk.

Neroli Bergamot Petitgrain

African Orange flower

Musk

Original Vetiver
Neroli Portofino

Mugler Cologne Fragrance Reviews

nexangelus
nexangelus

Opens sweet and floral with sharp citrus then gentles down to a musky, powdery softness. It still has a sharpness when dry and it makes my top lip below my nose ache in a good way. I like the freshness of this.

kingderella
kingderella

I think I found my ultimate green scent!

dcy
dcy

I'm now wearing this perfume...
I love the scent..it's fresh and warm..I bought 2 bottles because it's abit hard to get this perfume..
Hihihi..

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

UK buyers. I just looked on "that" auction site (&also the non-tax paying book -based site) and this is cheaper on the Mugler website lol! There is so much greed and stupidity out there in equal measure. I too buy loads of great, genuine fragrances via the auction website, but it pays to look around as the greedsters prey upon perceived scarcity when, in reality, there's enough of many frags to satisfy demand!

twlahue

My wife loves this one on me, and she agrees with the person below, that it reminds her of D&G Light Blue (Women).

angel6
angel6

well, got this beautiful cologne today, and immediately spray some in my arm. I'm not good in describe notes from perfume, but I'm very surprise that I'm the only one to smell similarity to D&G Light Blue, I like it, but then again I'm not very much in love to colognes this days, I think I like deeper perfumes. Is a very nice summer cologne.

Buysblind
Buysblind

What else really has to be said about this. Mugler Cologne is a great creation from Alberto Morillas. It's the essence of freshly dry-cleaned/steam-cleaned clothes and is perfect for throwing on right out of the shower. Do yourself a favor and don't pay upwards of $200 for Neroli Portofino. This accomplishes the same thing for $50. Kind of a must-have in any fresh fragrance aficionado's wardrobe, and nothing else smells quite like it. It also features strange, alien-green juice in a cool bottle to boot. Highly recommended. Now if only Thierry Mugler could stop inventing A*Men flankers and put out a fresh idea...

Shaheen
Shaheen

My favorite summer fragrance, and probably my favorite cologne of all time. A soapy green citrus and vetiver that is awesome for hot weather.

ShaverX
ShaverX

I finally got around to sampling this and the only thing I can really say is I wish I bought this instead of Creed Original Vetiver. I could have bought 4 bottles of this instead. Smae exact scent as OV except MC is missing that old lady note that dominates OV.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

after aqua di parma cologne series , thierry mugler comes my 2nd favorite cologne . it keeps who wear it with a light load of neroli , bergamot & orange blossom , vey impressive perfume , its softness relaxes me and let me feel clean .
"boggi blue" perfumes is almost the same of this perfumes but is not in frangrantica archived perfumes .
this perfume is one of few perfumes i can repeat buying it .

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

As safe as it gets. A great gift or blind buy. Excellent for somebody who wants to smell extra clean but doesn't typically care for cologne.

Mugler cologne is the oddball of the Thierry Mugler house. There's no patchouli note here. There's nothing even remotely gourmand about it. This is just squeaky clean soap with sharp, pleasant, green notes, not unlike Creed's Original Vetiver (and for a fraction of the price).

So what makes Mugler Cologne so awesome? One word: Versatility. You can seriously wear this stuff whenever and wherever you want. Can't decide what to wear? This one suites any occasion. Even if you're typically into more adventurous fragrances, it's great to have a swiss army knife like this in rotation. Completely inoffensive and far from being another boring, generic aquatic. Superb.

silentman26
silentman26

An amazing fresh soapy summer scent. The best soapy fragrance on the market. Big splash of fresh prominent Neroli. Lasts long, great projection. Amazing fresh clean perfume!

elseemoonz
elseemoonz

This is clean, but not soapy, it is quite warm, and smells like clean musky skin, with Neroli (which adds to the refreshing feel). It seems to be a sister scent to the original Narciso Rodriguez, with a similar Egyptian musk base, but more of a sparkling citrus top. Lovely! Lasts long for a cologne, too.

robbledino
robbledino

this cologne just makes me happy

Extol
Extol

Got a sample of this complimentary with my order of Pure Havane :)

Performance wise, I wasn't expecting a lot. But it lasted 8 hours today! And I sweated a lot at work. Probably arms length projection for an hour or two. Little scent trail.

This is green and soapy but not super green like Ducati by Ducati (which performs better). But it's super safe and good.

This is perfect to just run around real quick in because it won't wow or impress anyone, but it does smell good.

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Albin is right. There is absolutely no similarity to Neroli Portofino, period. However it is quite close to Creed's Original Vetiver.

Very clean smelling fragrance, but a spritzer when compared with the raw power of Original Vetiver.

If you prefer spritzers and don't mind carrying a decant or small bottle, pick Mugler Cologne. If you want a longer lasting vetiver with a similar scent profile, go with Creed's Original Vetiver.

Albin
Albin

It smells exactly like Original Vetiver, but not even close to Neroli Portofino.

calculus314
calculus314

Smells like Irish Spring Soap.

I know it's been said before, but the nose don't lie.

***Update***
People are comparing this to Prada Amber. Stop. Prada Amber is a vanilla bomb. This is not.

reboulenorellana
reboulenorellana

Huele al jabón irish spring, muy bueno para el verano o ir al gym. Es refrescante y relajante. Tiene poca proyección y longevidad pero su olor es muy agradable. Tiene que estar fijo en tu coleccion

jaybear
jaybear

A great summertime fragrance! I'm a big fan of soapy scents so it's understandable that I like this very much. Although I have to say that some reviews made me expect it to be quite overwhelmingly soapy. Luckily it isn't, it's just right. It's also nice and refreshing that this is lacking all the regular citrus scents; It has more citrus flowers and leaves rather than the actual fruits. If you are looking for a summer fragrance which is a bit different, i.e. if you - just like me - are slightly bored with normal citrus scents and aren't that interested in aquatic notes, this is just for you! Longevity and sillage are average, those things are probably the only minor drawbacks here. Luckily the product is relatively inexpensive and comes in a big bottle.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

Very close to Creed Original Vetiver. While I prefer OV to this one, the price makes it hard for most to choose OV over Mugler Cologne. Yes longevity and projection is better for OV but it is average or slightly better then average for this one. I highly recommend you pick this one up before you pick up original vetiver. That way you know what you're getting into and you can wear this one without worrying about price. MC is really really affordable. Its a very good designer fragrance. I love it! Happy Hunting.

big_justin
big_justin

I usually just watch others putting reviews at here. but this one TMC really makes me put down my feelings here. this is fresh, green, a little soapy, salty vibe and wonderful scent. I carry a small bottle in my bag just because can't get enough of this one. I have more than 100 bottles of perfume. this is the first one that makes me wanna sniff it all the time. maybe it's a little exaggerated. Before this one, I thought only Hermes Eau D`Orange Verte could provide me this feeling. well, TMC is even better than that. I wear it when I sleep, when I work, when I go on a date. and my significant other loves it too.

Overall:8/10
Longevity: 3/10(really lame but whatsoever, it's 10.oz)
sillage: 4/10
Price: 5/10(not bad)

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

This fragrance is very fresh and enlightening. Great for summer and should be in everyones collection. I recommend it for men who want to smell different from the typical Bleu De Chanel, or Acqua De Gio.

isabella76
isabella76

Classic, vintage, crisp, clean European soap.

bluecg
bluecg

This green soapy fresch and musky! scent is a favorite! Superfresch:-)

Archaic
Archaic

this stuff is good for summer. green soapy clean laundry vetiver-ish scent. longevity more than 6 hours in hot humid day. i used to have the 100ml bottle. now i'm planning to buy the 300ml bottle as this stuff is getting harder to find.

cassi
cassi

This is a really nice cologne. Strongly recommended to everyone!

wendyyparty
wendyyparty

Green, soapy, almost fresh but tend toward musky.

MC is very bitter & green at fisrt, then it dry down to this beautiful musky-green-citrus and stay that way for more 6-7 hours.

It is heavy though. You'd better use it light handed. One spray it's lovely, if you made it two you might got your stomach turns uneasy.

Anosmic
Anosmic

Mugler Cologne smells like soap. However, it doesn't have that luxury hotel soap feel like you get from Prada Amber Pour Homme. Instead, it smells significantly less pretentious and more like, dare I say it,... powdered laundry detergent or industrial hand cleaner.

As a result when you wear Mugler Cologne, you will smell very clean. I don't really consider it that "fresh out of the shower" smell people refer to... To me its really more of a freshly washed clothes smell.

I can understand why people say this is a "cologne for people who don't like cologne." Regardless, if you wear Mugler Cologne, you will no doubt smell fresh and clean.

mark.normand
mark.normand

I've been on a search for "fresh and clean" fragrance lately and received Mugler the other day. I have to admit it's quite nice. I also have Gendarme coming in a few days, so it should make a good compmarison. But all in all, Mugler is an awesome scent and I'm really liking it!

sNaKey
sNaKey

Mugler Cologne is a scent that you can wear anytime. It is so soothing and fresh that this scent I recommend to people who do not support perfumes and return to me and tell me that they loved it.

It is true that smells like soap or laundry freshly washed. That is the motto of Mugler, "made this perfume as a soap which he liked very much" so you can not expect anything else.

Start with citrus and neroli, after 2 hours this smell is drydowned to musk and vetiver (although not shown in the notes, vetiver feels subtle in composition).

In the summer I give at least 5-10 sprays and does not bother me nor the people around me, although overspray is recommended after 6 hours.

Overall 9 / 10
Price/Quality 9.5 / 10

nero77
nero77

Theirry Mugler's Cologne is a modern, decidedly futuristic take on a classic recipe. His inspiration was the scent of a Moroccan soap he came across whilst on holiday.

I'll be honest, this does indeed smell exactly like soap (no surprise)! When I smell this I am reminded of an exclusively made luxury soap bar in a hotel bathroom. I find it very refreshing and uplifting.

I basically get a very sweet, green citrus vibe, coupled with a heavy dose of clean, white musk. I think I also get a faint hint of Vetiver, although it isn't listed. It's not a bitter at all to my nose (unlike other types of Eau de Cologne's). Instead it's very smooth, and not in any way sharp smelling or overpowering.

I don't think I really have anything bad to say about this. I do get the slight "synthetic" feel which others have mentioned, but even then it still achieves it's goal of smelling clean, fresh and inoffensive. This is the one I reach for when I don't want to smell "complicated", just clean and ready for the day ahead.

Well done to M. Mugler for coming up with this. His aim here was to create a perfume "for people who don't like the smell of perfume". It's simple and does that job very well. It's a modern, fresh take on what is (in my opinion) a very old and conventional formula, which has been repeated too many times. This doesn't feel like it belongs with the rest of them. Completely fresh, unisex and modern as ever. I like it.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

There is something so familiar and easy going about this one. Irish Spring soap? A barber shop antiseptic? A very fresh and just jumped out of the shower smell. I can't imagine anyone hating this, its simple and uncomplicated classic and clean. A summer scent all the way. When I first tried Lacoste Essential I thought of this one.

Thierry Muglar also makes a tonic lotion from this line with the same notes, Its a must have.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

green,fresh,smooth... agak sedikit bau sabun tetapi sangat maskulin. mantappppppp

devynm
devynm

This just smells, good. Like clean, not a sophisticate Prada clean, but just a showered and well groomed clean. Very happy with this fragrance. The performance is excellent for a lighter fragrance too. A quality buy like other Mugler fragrances. It defiantly smells like a Mugler fragrance, without smelling the same as other fragrances in that house.

frog23
frog23

Smells just like Kilian A Taste of Heaven, which I hate. Of the 3 Mugler scents I own this is by far the worst.

aqua_de_la_vita

This amazing fragrance was recently relaunched due to high demand. This frag has a real attractive clean aromatic aroma. This juice isn't anything like the rest of Thierry's collection...it's a STUPENDOUS spring/summer frag with a pronounced citrus and warm tone of musk as well a touch of floral aroma...very fresh and uplifting.
Longevity and Silage are both very high...lasting over 6hrs.
Overall thoughts,
This frag is the one I use the most during the summer months... :))))
Rating this fragrance....no brainer ★★★★★ 10/10

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Very natural/safe and inoffensive. Limes and jasmine with some vetiver is what I detect along with citruses. Best for warm/hot weather.Reminds me of TF Neroli Portofino very much. The TF has better longevity but I prefer this. Nice to wear in a casual/chill environment..

gbad
gbad

what a nice scent..green,fresh,clean..
longevity is great, around 6-7 hours with moderate sillage,after 4 hours its close to my skin..
after using this, some women in my office began looking for a reason to get close to me that before I rarely talk to them.
thank you Thierry..good job...

fire2heart

I tried this for a few days and it just doesn't agree with my chemistry. I love the opening and the middle notes but the dry down is where the changes happen and it gets sour on me. Guess my son or husband will get it as a gift. Lucky them!

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

A very fresh, clean, green and soapy fragrance that is perfect (and safe) for the office or church. You won't wow anyone, but you'll sure smell clean. Anyway, this scent reminded me of Creed Original Vetiver in some ways, minus a bit more of the green vetiver vibe. I'll reach for this occasionally during the spring/summer when I have nothing important going on at work.

Update: changing my like to love since I realized this may be my most reached for fragrance...usually wear this at the gym since I'm not a fan of fragrances there, but this just smells like soap.

anna.dkr5

@jese Marcos: according to my nose, it doesn't.

RobbieX

A gorgeous summer fragrance. In my opinion more masculine than feminine. Lasts quite a while for a cologne. A safe bet anytime and it's great.

fire2heart

I just bought this today. I kind of like it and kind of don't. Reminds me a bit of Irish Spring soap. I'm going to hold out and see if this doesn't grow on me. Maybe it has to get warmer out.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

When I 1st tried this cologne I liked it but didnt love it (That was in the winter months) But then spring came along and I can say its a favorite in my collection(of now over 50bottles) ESPECIALLY for the spring. Its also great for summer but in spring this just shines.

To me if your just looking for a fresh,out of the shower type of smell look no further because this is just perfect ! Its light,refreshing,green,soapy, and slightly sweet. Its very simple but unique at the same time. However, reserve your uses for this if you can for the warmer weather as when I 1st tried this in the winter I thought it was nice but it was more powdery and musky than compared to in the warmer months when it was brighter,more fresh and pleasant.

Mugler cologne also does above average on performance as it lasts on me 6-8 hours and has above average projection.

All in all a great fragrance for a great price and Id say this is in my top 3 favs for the spring time :D

Id rate this a 7 out of 10

Ferdinand66
Ferdinand66

I love this scent from Thierry Mugler. I fell in love with it for the first time about 5 years ago when a department store associate approached me to try it on. He sprayed it on my bare arms and said "walk, look and shop around, and if you like what you smell, come back to me and buy a bottle." So I walked around and about 30 minutes later came back to the fragrance counter and bought the 3.4 Oz refillable bottle with the large refill bottle and a large bottle of shower gel. And on top of that he gave me to try a sample of the Alien Sunessence EDT Legere Thierry Mugler for women to mix with the Cologne for an evening scent and I swear it was more than good enough for a dude to wear. I guess the mingling of Cologne's citrus-sweet aroma and Sunessence somewhat strong vanilla/floral and amber-woody scent really made it different and stand out. I actually received some compliments after wearing this, so it was a good thing.
Anyhow my life was more brighter after that day when I was first introduced to this quintessential fragrance. Cologne is not obtrusive and it's not bland that's for sure. It's a different kind of citrus summer scent. For me it's soft, crisp, clean and gives me a sense of confidence when I wear it and there's really nothing out there that I can compare it to and this is what makes it unique, a trait shared by most of the Mugler fragrances in both the men's and women's lines.
So yes, this is my summer signature scent(one of them anyway )...It's for sure a favorite and that reminds me I need to get a large refill bottle again.
For me the longevity is pretty strong, a good two to three sprays in the morning after I shower will last me until dinner time and afterwards and people around you will notice your scent and will ask you what it is your wearing in a good way since it does smell unique from other spring/summer/fall scents,.. yes I do wear this in the fall time because it's so fresh.. So the sillage and projection is moderate-strong depending on your body chemistry and how much you put on.

Overall I give Thierry Mugler's Cologne for men a big whopping 10/10..It's simple, clean, fresh and gives me a boost of confidence every time I wear it. It's only complicated in that I would not call it a masculine or feminine fragrance. I guess it stands all on it's own, confident and unique. For me it's a daytime scent for office or work from casual to semi-formal and a good spray after a good work out at the gym.

Thanx Mr. Thierry Mugler and Alberto Morillas for putting your noses together for a job well done!!! :)

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I just reviewed Original Vetiver in light of this fragrance. If I were to compare the two. This would be a Camry while OV was a Lexus. Both are great vehicles that are tremendous and dependable but one has a bit more going on. Original Vetiver is much more complete but where this makes up ground is in the versatility. I don't see myself ever wearing Original Vetiver casually, it just has a bit too much going on with the ginger, vetiver and woodiness. Though both have the soapy quality this one is much more fun to wear. I feel serious when I wear OV I feel fun, sexy and casual when I wear this.

This is one of the best musky+neroli fragrances you can own and it is a no-brainer to get the big bottle at discount prices. Original Vetiver is much more expensive and more stately.

This is a top of the line fragrance in its category and one I will always own!

RobbieX

For a cologne it lasts really well. It's a lovely soapy unisex frag that you can wear with confidence in a foreign hotel on holiday. A summer beach fragrance that is second to none! Beach baby, beach baby..give me your hand give me something that I can remember (1974 UK hit..by the group "First Class") (I just thought I would mention it.....a track that takes me back to Summer of that year..lol)

liav24
liav24

love it!
very freshy - at the beginning it smells like grass - then it gets better and sweeter.
its way different from the regular A*men, alot more green inside!

Thierry knows how to make good perfumes.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

I received this from a friend on a trade. I didn't know what to expect from it and at first, I can honestly say - I hated it. Could not stand it. After several wearings, I have come around and I now can wear it without going, "Aw man. I smell like expensive pickle juice."

Time to see how it performed.

Smell: I'm actually intrigued by the classification to be honest. This is a very soapy fragrance, but it smells like a very light vetiver to me. I get the fresh out of the shower feel that most have gotten, but to me this is more of a green fragrance than a citrus fragrance. When I first tried it, I swore I smelled like pickle juice. I jumped the gun and said it didn't agree with my body chemistry. I decided to give it a second chance and I'm glad I did. The smell of this stuff is not bad actually. If you enjoy Original Vetiver by Creed, I think you're gonna like this one.

Projection: I'd actually rate this as average projection. Not loud, but not soft. It's middle of the road and that's fine in this case. It's more of a casual wear fragrance to be honest so I'm not expecting any shockers in the projection department.

Longevity: Longevity is estimated at 6-8 hours. Once again, it's more casual so I'm not too worried about that. I will say during the hot and humid days at work, this stuff actually performed better than average.

Versatility: Anywhere. Anytime. You can get away with it with Mugler Cologne. It's one of those you can spray on right out of the shower and chill at the house, wear it to work, GREAT gym scent, hanging out with the guys, etc. I could go on and on of instances to wear it. The more versatile it is, the better. I will say that it performs best during the Spring/Summer. Spotty in the fall. Abysmal in the winter.

Final verdict: 7/10. If you want a versatile scent that will reinvigorate your senses, look no further. This stuff will do the job.

farang
farang

The fragrance has a nice smell, I like it. It is neroli-musk at its heart with a clear soapy note, almost like freshly done laundry. It is quite long lasting and reasonably priced.

Altogether pleasant, though my idea of a perfume/fragrance is not to smell 'soapy' so I will not use it much. Perhaps when going to the gym would be the best place for me to use it.

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

Uncomplicated yet a complete STAND OUT.

I love fragrances who don't need posh packaging, over rated ads, a gazzilion of ingredients but sits quietly in one corner and just waits until you tried your first spray....and then.....it defines itself with its unadulterated fragrance.

This is the UNISEX(Y) fragrance. Green, crisp, soapy, yet seductively sexy at the same time. A must during the spring summer when the heat helps the fragrance to bloom.

No wonder this fragrance has tons of adoring disciples I for one am now a convert as well.

kanak
kanak

Luca Turin in his review of Mugler Cologne mentioned "space age Barbershop cologne" which I think is kind of apt. This is all citrus/neroli and musk blended with Alberto Morillas' magic touch, turning it into something absolutely divine. The streams and waterfalls of heaven probably smell like this. lasts pretty much all day, leaving me smelling like I just stepped out of the shower. The dry down is soapy though in a kind of fresh green grass way, like you bathed in a river and then lay down on the grass. if you live in a tropical country or any other place with a hot spring and summer season, this should be in your wardrobe. good projection and longevity, available at affordable prices, I love it. 9/10

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

The weather in my area warmed up so I thought I would give MC a try. Yes it's crisp and clean. Very inoffensive. The only negative... Is longevity. Like most citric colognes, I only get 3 hrs tops . Definitely a summer scent. Hopefully it will last longer on me this summer, because I really enjoy this scent.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I think I expected way too much from 'Mugler Cologne'. I read several reviews here and decided to test, the first chance I get.

I did... and, unfortunately, got very disappointed. To me it is very very soapy and by far not fresh. It has several notes that might be considered fresh, but not to me.

It's heavy on the/my skin and powdery.

babayaga
babayaga

it's like if eau sauvage or 4711 drank a gallon of water, then peed. this is kinda how it would smell, but fainter.

srininet1
srininet1

After reading such positive reviews, I bought the 100ml EDT blind for around 32$ in India. Its the new bottle (different than whats shown in this site) and my first reaction was "What did everyone like so much in this??". It was a very sharp, lemony kind of smell which I get in the cheap, unbranded detergent bars sold here. After Dunhill 51.3N, I felt this was the second 'bad' blind buy. However, my parents liked it, and felt that it was a 'simple' fragrance. Nothing to go "WOW" about, but not abominable either.

I sprayed it on my t-shirt 4 days ago, and today when I wore it again, I was stunned when I could distinctly smell the fragrance. Very rarely does an EDT last 4 days in clothes, but this one lasts very long on clothes!

So, all in all, nothing too exciting, but a decent one if you like the smell.

Laurdess
Laurdess

LOVE this, but it does not last at all.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

I revisited this one so many times.. Just cant get jiggy with it..smells like grass

drakecito
drakecito

Well, this is a light classic citrus-soap.
Citrus left in a few minutes and then comes the soap with floral notes (neroli).
Not bad but nothing special with a very good price in these days.

Longevity is moderate-low with poor projection.

scent: 5/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 4/10

This review is for a 2014 bottle.I have not tested another versions of this.

Flying Hobo
Flying Hobo

Super nice fragrance. On my skin it lasts up to 9 hours and projects so well (i have the edt). It doesn't necessarily smell all that soapy on my skin, but it is very fresh, like fresh cut grass. Overall rating - 9.5/10

henri345que
henri345que

I'd put Mugler Cologne among the Cologne fragrances that are very well done. This is a genre that leaves space more for variations around the structure than to innovation in terms of crazy or unnusual aspects. If this is not a problem to you, so you can, like myself, enjoy the pleasure of a good combination of fresh, bitter, fizzy and floral citrus essences. And this is what Mugler's Cologne is for me. The soap inspiration don't make me see it as functional, but it really has a clean aroma, which is refreshing and amazing to be sprayed all over the body. I don't think it's linear, it starts on the citrus spectrum of leaves and fruits, then goes into something more floral and fresh and ends in a clean but not dull base of musk, with something slighty sweet that reminds me of benzoin. Very good fragrance for the price charged.

lister
lister

I am a fanatic of all citrusy scents.I explored all options that are somewhat close to Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. TM Cologne is on the same shelf with Green Tea.It took me a while to fing a good deal for this specific scent,considering the fact that it is just a "fresh cologne" -it is overpriced.But, back to notes-it's more of a green citrus than neroli,soapiness is not very pronounced but it's there musk.Longetivity is ok, projection is good too,somehow it reminds me of 4711,but in sophisticated way. I am glad that this gem joined my collection of citrus scents.Will I wear it?No.Probably its a good after shower scent,before-bed scent or something that You would wear in college.

hsd1
hsd1

The perfect clean, sexy fragrance! Not strong. Wonderful for a man or woman. Love smelling this again and again as I put my nose to my arm. Could wear for any occasion to naturally smell good. I will have to get this for my husband and use it myself.

rzetzm
rzetzm

I am a fragrance fanatic who realizes that some people just don't want to smell what I'm wearing. And to a certain point, I can tolerate that. In close proximity of others, I do try and consider what I wear.

But what a challenge... I want to smell myself too! So I don't really have weak, watery scents that are inoffensive. Generally speaking, that's boring or generic. Not so the case here.

With TM cologne, first of all, my description is identical to the plethora of comments below. It's a little green, a little soapy, a little fresh, and a little citrusy. More importantly, it's inoffensive. It just smells fresh, almost like a fresh linen scent. Though it's completely different.

If this were in a pageant, it would be Ms. Congeniality.

Welcome TM to my collection, and enjoy being the permanent gym cologne. Really, really well done.

vv1978
vv1978

I am a woman who loves it! I dislike all other TM scents for women on myself and others too! This smells very much like the discontinued Aroma Tonic from Lancome. I think anyone could wear this as it does not change from bottle to skin and has a lovely fresh bit of light citrus to it. I love that it is unisex but it is far from what one would associate with even the cleanest soapiest of masculine fragrances. I would have to agree it's fresh and subtle much like Aroma Tonic!

tyo9438
tyo9438

Amazing. I blind bought this and I'm so glad I did. People say this is a very clean and soapy scent. It's definitely clean smelling. I don't feel like its very soapy, which is a good thing imo. I can picture coming out of a refreshing shower on a hot summer day when I smell this. I let my dad smell it and he said its great, which is a lot since he strongly dislike colognes. It's something that everyone around who smells it will like. Definitely going to wear this starting tomorrow.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

Incredibly smooth, soft greenery, an uplifting soapyness. Does give off the masculine vibe because of the musk (unlike Infusion D'Homme) and it's very relaxing. This would totally be my "go-to" casual. Completely inoffensive and very very well blended. This is everything i thought Infusion D'Homme would be. Getting a bottle. Definitely.

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

This is the fragrance that started it all, my love affair with the house of Mugler. I was first introduced to this magnificent scent by a guy that I was dating. He always smelled as if he'd just emerged from the crystalline waters of some exotic waterfall..so fresh, so clean, which is not easy to do in the sweltering heat of New York City. This was his signature scent, and although I love and appreciate this wondrous fragrance on its own terms, my memory of it will forever be linked to him and summertime in New York.

sharmap14
sharmap14

if i were a god and wanted to smell clean and fresh id wear this... pwns every other fresh frag out there.. i have a number of fresh colognes and parfums but this rests above all

anna.dkr5

This is a fantastic fragrance, which I'll always repurchase. It's clean, refreshing, lasts for ages, and projects moderately without bothering anyone.

robg303
robg303

So I have this friend and gym partner, who likes to shower before we work out. He says it's his way of warming up and has the added benefit of keeping him smelling clean and fresh thru the workout.

There are after all, attractive people at the gym and being conscientious guys, we wanna smell good and look good, without splashing on cheap overpowering cologne. I think his shower routine is odd, since he has to do it again after the workout. But I wanna smell fresh too!

So, I use my power combo of anti-bacterial gel in the appropriate areas and a light spritz of this fantastic, soapy-green-juice. It keeps me clean and fresh thru the entire workout and leaves me smelling like I've showered with the finest french soaps before the gym.

I know people find it pleasant cuz they always give me a subtle smile when they walk by. Now, if only I could inspire some of the other gym members to try my combo, i'd be very happy....or, at the very least, a shower routine of their own....ugh!

waelh
waelh

I am planning to get 10 bottles of this.

moqihum
moqihum

bau obat nyamuk bakar baygon

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Everything about this fragrance has been said so I won't repeat what 100 reviewers have said, but I just love it!! Gorgeous, clean, anotherThierry Mugler masterpiece!

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Bright, crisp, sharp, clean… it's all been said before. Mugler Cologne is the fragrance equivalent of a fluorescent green highlighter pen. Just spray (or splash) it on and you'll stand out with its vivid, super-clean freshness. An excellent 'go to' spring/summer scent.

The other fragrance in my collection it reminds me of is Paco Rabanne's Eau. Eau adds an extra herbaceous dimension to the mix, giving it, for me, a more unique twist on the clean-green summertime vibe.

I would love to find a neroli based fragrance that was more woody and masculine because I like the smell.
I think uplifting, soapy, floral and green are it's characteristics and it maybe wouldn't suit being that bit darker. Otherwise TM Cologne is just too much of a wash out for me, it smells clean and nice though.
Comparisons with Creed Original vetiver and TF Neroli Portofino are spot on, although the Tom Ford is even more floral and full of Neroli (If that's possible) and the Creed (although not my favourite) has the quality and depth you would come to expect from them and the soapy nature comes from another accord as it contains no neroli...but If I'm honest is not that great either.
Also despite being a cologne I found this to be longer lasting than Neroli Portofino.

Just quickly on the advertising poster...It's hideous!!!!
I mean WTF are those creepy, androgynous, Avatar humanoids? Doesn't make me want this product at all.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

OV SMELL-ALIKE

I did a blind test with Mugler Cologne and Creed's Original Vetiver. Had a friend put one sample on one arm/wrist, and the other sample on my other arm/wrist. Throughout the next few hours (top notes to dry down) I sniffed and sniffed and sniffed - and I could not detect any discernible difference. Most certainly had no idea which was which.

Overall - Mugler Cologne is a very pleasant soap-type fragrance. Which is not a negative review. Sometimes one wants to smell freshly showered for hours post morning body washing. Serves a purpose.

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

Sample a spray on bouth sides of the neck, one chest, and one on bouth wrists.
A great summer frag, but i hate white floral.
With that said.... Still a nice green clean scent...
With white floral.
If you cant tell, i hate white floral. Just too fem.

If i got the clean green, without the flowers i would be in love, get a bottle or two, and call my summer days taken with a frag. Other then that....
Projection-7-10
Smell 8 1/2- 10. Has a sharpness that ive been lookin for during the summer.
Longevity 10-10... As far as summer frags go... Put it on a little before 10am, spent the day drinking and eatinh a whole pig. Still smell fresh and green!!!"

With white floral...

anna.dkr5

This does smell a bit like salad or pickles. It starts off very citrusy, then gets a salty vibe. It's rather light on my skin (one spray on my forearm), and the salad-like accord stays on my skin for about an hour. Then, it gets soapier, but much fainter, as well. On paper, it smells much soapier. I guess it might smell soapier on clothes, too. I like it. To me, it doesn't smell very similar to Acqua di Parma Colonia, as some have suggested. Mugler Cologne is more complex than it seems.
I don't know about the infamous "s" note. Is it semen? I can't tell. I used to be put off by the thought of it, but now I don't care. Is it salty? Yes. Hey, what if the "s" note was actually salad? LOL! I can kind of picture Alberto Morillas chuckling at all this speculation about the secret ingredient. I've never had a fragrance that smelled like this, and I got a 100 ml bottle for less than 50 bucks (on sale), so I'm really happy with my purchase.

UPDATE: It sweetens up a bit after about five hours. Good longevity, low projection.
I've sprayed it twice on my t-shirt and it smells a bit better than it does on my skin. It projects a bit more, too. I keep getting pleasant sweet/sour whiffs of this fragrance. Beautiful. :)

UPDATE PART II: I've decided this doesn't smell very much like soap to my nose. I had it on last night, and dreamt that I was wearing D&G Light Blue (for women), which is a personal favourite. I guess it's because of the acidic accord in this fragrance, which, unlike Light Blue, is not sweetened by green apple.

This is appropriate for any occasion and season. It smells clean and sexy!

mchris.cav
mchris.cav

You can't go wrong with this one. Truly superb. A gem, one of a kind. I don't care who you are, if you don't like this one, there's something wrong with your nose.

This is an addicting fragrance. It just smells good. That's all there is to say. Green and clean.

A Synthetic-Green fresh POW in the face! So good you want to drink it! An ultra clean, smart, and sexy-citrus BANG! Seductive & Charming. Alluring and Crisp.

*This scent's got pizzaz y'all!

FRESH
get it. :)

Redbeard
Redbeard

Yes, this is indeed soap, and is a unisex product that I feel really is unisex. It's cheerful, green and flowery right out of the bottle, and always seems very contemporary to me, almost to the point that I feel like I'm not "with-it" enough for it. In theory, it should be the perfect summer scent, and to a large extent it fits the bill. Still, there's a chemical aspect to it, almost like it's trying too hard to prove how consummately soapy it can be. By the drydown, I can't find the heady green floweriness that hooked me in the top; it has become a hollow shell, an oily residue that croaks at the top of its feeble voice "Wait, I'm still here and I'm still soap! See!?" But now it brings to mind that nasty sticky spot of soap that you missed rinsing off in the shower, only to discover half an hour later. Orignal Vetiver is rosier, and "plantier" overall, with much less of the alkaline slime. However, I'll still give Mugler credit for smelling like what it's meant to, even until the bitter end, and even if it does so in a different sense than when it started.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I put this on on a whim, having just been gifted a sample. I've been cleaning all morning, pruning roses and walking the dog in 90 degree heat. This fragrance makes me smell still shower-fresh, and as though the leaves from my roses have rubbed off on my arms leaving a fresh-floral-green note that is very nice.

It's a pale musky green smell to me, with bergamot being the most recognizable scent. It's actually somewhat similar to the opening notes of Viva (Avon), which I really enjoy.

A crisp, fresh, clean scent for days you really don't know what you want to wear; or for times you really don't want to smell "perfume-y".

kambelz
kambelz

Very nice clean scent. The opening of Mugler cologne actually throws me off a little bit. It almost smells a little like salad or pickles. I actually really like it, in a weird way. But it calms down and smells like a very nice green soap. It's a little synthetic with the neroli and florals, but in a good way. Very fresh, and great for going to the store, gym or taking a walk outside.

beachdude
beachdude

I wouldn't call Mugler cologne a 'cologne' per se, it last longer and is stronger than any other cologne that I know.
The first black is a powerful citrus that after a few minutes calms down and start to mix with a light musk creating a clean and fresh effect.
I like it, it's quite inoffensive and safe.

sammm12345
sammm12345

I Blind bought Mugler cologne on the basis that people say that it smells like creed original vetiver.

Both do bear similarities, however with OV you get a richer, fuller, more complex scent.

I can describe Mugler cologne as, clean, green and inoffensive scent, very suitable for summer days.

var813
var813

There are very few fragrances that I just love the drydown and kind of feel neutral about the opening. With this one, the first half hour kind of smells like something I'd clean my windows with.. Kind of chemical up front with floral notes in the back. I've sampled this a few times and today thought "hmm.. that kind of smells like nice smelling Windex" haha.. I LOVE the drydown though. It mixed really well with my natural scent and catch waves of the floral notes every now and then. Very nice. Uniqueness i'd give it an 8/10 just because it changes drastically within the first hour. Versatility would probably be another 8/10, it really could be worn whenever it isn't cold if you want to rock it. Scent is a tough one to rate, I'd break it to Opening 5/10 and drydown 8.5/10. Buy try or pass? Definitely try. It's one of the few unisex frags I can feel comfortable wearing.

augustobt
augustobt

I like it. It makes me feel fresh.

SliderJeff
SliderJeff

While I love the scent, I find that contrary to what some are saying, it really DOES burn off me in under an hour. My 10 year daughter (offical "Does this smell good on Daddy?" nose of the family) said an hour after like 10 spritzs, "Daddy... why didn't you wear any cologne today?" Also, the bright green color stains like a BITCH on anything white or light colored. I sweat like a whore in church in the Houston humidity, so this stuff just pours out of my pores as soon as I go outside and it is quickly gone. I love it so much, but it's lack of longevity and the way it stains makes it a no for me from now on.

Sherrywijaya69
Sherrywijaya69

very pleasant scent,nothing very unique about it just a white floral citrus,but its very innofensive
bottle:3/10
unique:2/10
scent:9/10
sillage:5.5/10
longevity:3/10

DEVINSWORLD
DEVINSWORLD

I love the scent smelled straight from the bottle, a very yummy soapy scent. But on my skin it turns to a white shaving cream smell. Too masculine for me in the dry down. I wish the top notes would linger all the way through.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Mugler Cologne has a citrus opening and I almost smell something like ginger. There is also some subtle sweetness coming from neroli and orange blossom. Towards the drydown, the citrus aroma is always there, but I also smell something reminding me of vetiver, though it's not on the list.

Overall it's green, fresh and a little soapy. Very pleasant to sniff but not something plain and dull. The sillage is close to skin but the scent is persistent during the wearing. The longevity is at least 6 hours.

It's a fragrance that I'll reach out on a sunny day in spring or summer, when I don't have a particular desire for 'fragrance', but still want to smell good.

Plucus21
Plucus21

This fragrance is the epitome of clean and fresh without being synthetic at all. Neroli is one of my favorite notes and it gives this fragrance a clean, soapy smell. This scent is reserved but it is observable by other people. This is a great gym scent or out the shower scent. Very high quality and about a 5 to 6 hour lasting power.

This is a safe scent that almost everyone will enjoy for a great price. Give it a try.

calyx93

for those who complain about longevity - do not worry. everyone else can smell it loud and clear, just not you.

this scent is notorious for quickly causing olfactory fatigue - and that's exactly what it sounds like - your nose simply gets worn out from smelling it and it becomes a "blind spot." there are some really large molecules in the base that can really project for a long time - so spritz away, but don't overdo it, despite what your nose might tell you :)

$tefanOud
$tefanOud

damn my bottle crushed this morning with the last bits of it.

sleeping room smells fresh though :)

i liked this scent a lot its fresh green and clean.

i would like to buy a new bottle, my collection is getting smaller. but on the other hand mabey something else what is a bit different.

Phoenix1
Phoenix1

Great Summer scent but alas, for me at least, does not last very long...I have to CONSTANTLY keep applying this stuff throughout the day....Just wish SOMEBODY would make a scent like this that actually LASTS ! Im sooo tired of spending money on scents to find they have a 2-4 hour half-life....I cannot keep reapplying these scents throughout the day....and the only ones that seem to last are the THICK SYRUPY, OBNOXIOUS Fragrances that you cannot even wash off your skin...

orestes
orestes

Nice fragrance,also it has a similar scent,new dior homme cologne after the dry down smells the same

calyx93

(Response to voodoodanny's review/question)

Maybe because you smoke. Nothing ruins a nose more.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

(NOTE: My sample - from Ulta - was from a bottle that was tall like a celery stalk and looked like the Summer Flash flanker, not like the one pictured here. But it wasn't Summer Flash, I double checked. This was simply marked Mugler Cologne.)

I like this... a nice, citrusy, light scent which dries down to a pleasant musk. I can see myself wearing this.

I'd like to put this on a paper strip alongside Acqua di Parma Colonia to see how they are alike and how they differ. My olfactory memory is that they are alike. Same effect on me, anyway: cologne satisfaction.

A bit stronger than I would have predicted - I thought it would be gone in two hours or less, but no - so go easy on the trigger.

My wife didn't care for it - too soapy, she says. Yes, the base is, rather, but I like it.

(Secret "S" molecule? It's nothing of the kind! Every competitor of Mugler shot this juice in a gas chromatograph and knows precisely what it is and how much is there!)

sherryxfilesfan
sherryxfilesfan

To the guy that said he could not smell it.....I can't either....such a disappointment.

aqua_de_la_vita

Without a doubt...a blast of summer. As soon as I spray it on my skin it has a very fresh/green aroma with a hint of floral scent. The deep note of musk makes this a very pleasant fragrance. After a couple of hour's, it still maintains a nice fresh aroma which keeps me energized...a good frag in my books. I have had several complements when I wear no more then 2x a week during the spring/summer time. To describe the fragrance in one word is "Awesome"...two thumbs up 9/10

susieqrj
susieqrj

Smells just like Prada Infusion d'Iris ou Chanel no 19 Poudre. But with a better price. Really nice.
Clean and conforting.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I agree with the review below mine. I tried this EDT a year ago at Macys and thought it was a terrific scent with a pitiful longevity. After recently smelling a sample again, I decided to see what others thought of this and based on the reviews and praise of its longevity, I took a leap of faith and bought it online for a third of the price at Macys. As soon as I spray it, there is a huge blast of freshness which probably plays a big part in olfactory fatigue because the scent goes almost silent for about an hour but it magically reappears as if the scent had been there all along, which it had. The scent is pretty linear which I think is great because I just love the opening so much. As it settles down to the skin a few hours later, it trails off to a very nice clean white musk. Wonderful fragrance and my favorite right now.

esteban747
esteban747

Thanks to fragrantica and all the fans of this perfume, I decided to buy Mugler Cologne. since I found it online for a very good price, I didn't had much expectations (and sometimes that's a good thing).
Well, I'm happily surprised with this fragrance. It's fresh, clean and green. The drydown comes quite quickly, leaving a soapy scent which I don't mind at all.
I just love it, its simplicity makes it perfect.

anna.dkr5

Oh, dear... I was sure I was going to like this scent, despite all the talk about the 's' note. I was expecting to smell something fresh, clean and soapy, but... That acidic note (which I'm sure is the 's' note) hit my nose right from the start. I found it a bit disturbing. I waited for the drydown, but I didn't notice much of a change. With that said, kudos to Mugler for his innovative take on perfume and for his creativity. This fragrance house has all my respect, regardless of my personal tastes.

RobbieX

This is a beautiful cologne. Linear, fresh and clean. There is nothing not to like about this scent. Love it to bits.

findtheriver
findtheriver

I use this often when I want something safe but awesome. In my top 3 daily office scents for me. Plus it drys down to a nice white musk which I always love smelling at the end of the day.

Lom
Lom

I love Creed's Original Vetiver, it is truly a wonderful fragrance, very rich, sophisticated and complex. I could become addicted to its smell, which is very green and optimistic but has an earthy woody side to it. However, unfortunately, it's extremely expensive and I don't think fragrances should cost so much.
I heard that Mugler Cologne is very similar to OV and when I tried it in a store I thought that it's opening notes really do remind me of OV. I decided to buy the MC, believing it's the "original" Original Vetiver, since it was created earlier.
Despite loving the opening notes they disappear very soon after applying the fragrance. MC is not as complex as OV (it's in fact not complex at all), and after the top notes fade away the smell on my wrist is a weak musky/white floral one, which I don't like. I hope I would have saved the money and bought OV despite its price, because it's a beautiful niche perfume that just makes you so happy.
I still think MC is nice fragrance (although it's very synthetic, fades fast and feels a bit cheap). it's not bad and has a very nice green side. If you are looking for a great buy that you will love till the very last drop go for OV - there is really nothing to compare with MC.

nsquared
nsquared

Imagine fresh grass being cut on an alien lawn in the summertime on another planet. That is Mugler Cologne. It's is very fresh, green, lightly floral and strangely chemical in a good way. There is just something very interesting and different that most people can't put their finger on - that's what gives this it's summery/otherworldly vibe. Advertising with the blond conjoined alien twins is a perfect visual of what this smells like!

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

This should be called the sultan of fresh... Nowhere else can you find juice that provides such an instant refreshing blast. Citrus notes and the fabled S-molecule provide a tart, fresh and cheery cleandliness. Amazing to wear just out of the shower, this will have you leaving a trail of just showered loveliness wherever you go. Drydown moves towards fresh laundry musks, and continues emiting freshly soaped and clean human scent cloud... Wonderful. Tenacity is superb for this cologne style due to the EDT concentration.

Costs a fraction of the price of similar scents (I'm talking about you - Creed Original Vetiver), and is even better IMO.

A must have for every wardrobe, I will always have a bottle to hand....

susie2013
susie2013

i find some thing very unsettling about this fragrance. it leaves me feeling creepy. its so strange, i cannot explain it .

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Mugler Cologne is a well made fragrance, but it is not for everyone. The hype on the community is because it pleases a lot of people, but it is not as safe as it may seem.

Yes it is soapy and a bit clean, but the common belief that "you will smell clean and not like any cologne". I don't think that's true.

The cologne comes off as shrill and pungent, with a grassy grainy vetiver in the background. This could be really enjoyable for half of you, but headache inducing for some of you.

It's not safe either. I thought this would be a crowd pleaser but most people I knew were nuetral or negative on it. I myself am nuetral on it, but a good friend of mine told me it was the worst thing she has ever smelled in her life.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get this. But don't get this just because of internet hype.

Redpula
Redpula

Mugler cologne is a treat to everyone's nose. Though many have said that this is a great summer fragrance, I can now attest that it is equally great in winter. I received my tester bottle this afternoon and one spray in my back hand is like an early morning stroll in the middle of a damp forest, seeing dew drops on plants and leaves.

This is a beautiful surprise to my nose. As I walked at the town, after a couple more spray, friends along the way have high praises at its aroma. It was a minus temperature but it projected so well. Mugler cologne reminded me with some vibes from two equally outstanding perfumes: Gendarme Gendarme & Creed Original Vetiver. You can't go wrong having any of these but it would be perfect if you have all of them in your collection.

A must buy for everyone who loves perfumes.

steve0580
steve0580

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff!

So fresh and clean smelling. At first spray, I wasn't too sure but the dry down is fast and then it becomes wonderful! It's just become a new favorite and will go high on my rotation list.

This is more than suitable for any location or occasion. Smelling clean and fresh never goes out of style.

michael5853
michael5853

This stuff is simply amazing. I spray it on the top of my wrist and it last 24 hours easily! I shower, and it's still there! I'm telling you, if you want a great light, refreshing scent, with outstanding longevity, this is it. All compliments!

marioslg3

this has been released as an EDT version instead of EDC. the result is remarkable, the same perfume but a bit stronger. Usually when something turns from EDC to EDT or from EDT to EDP, things change....but the job done here is very good and the perfume is the same...clean fresh smell, orange blossoms, petit grain and soap...the old green soap.....something rather innovating to be on the market today....those that they like 4711, colonia from acqua di parma and generally, this kind of orange, mandarine leaves, lemon smell, will be thrilled. I see it to be specifically for men....no, this is not a woman scent....this is a scent from the era of barbershop, between 30s to 80s maybe but is not powdery or old fashion in the way other fragrances are...it suits men who use a brash to lather themselves and are of course 40 and up...but you have to have taste to love it.
about the similarities with creed OV. somehow yes...smell similar, have citrus on top but Creed is more powerful, classy and green...the start is somehow the same but after that creed is a creed...mugler cologne is mugler cologne...two magnificent perfumes but are not the same 100%...they are similar and the one reminds very much the other...some guys may prefer creed, others may prefer cologne....personally, i like both....this is not happening with Aventus and Jaguar vision..i have both....guys, lets be serious...if vision reminds Aventus, i remind Clarke Gable.....the apple and pineapple are present in both fragrances but no...Aventus is Aventus and nowhere near is Jaguar guys...if you want the smell of Aventus, stop comparing it with Jaguar...The birch wood and black currant that are in Aventus play an important role and take the game in another planet...those that they have vision, they have to get Aventus to see the difference, those that they have mugler, is not necessary to get Creed OV unless they need something more natural, greener and stronger. both perfumes longevity is remarkable..
mugler is soapy, OV is green. this is the main difference together with the quality and power of fragrance.

frostyicy
frostyicy

Mugler Cologne can easily join the rest of the Pure flankers as Pure Freshness, this is my favorite of the Thierry Mugler line. This fragrance is a straight up fresh and clean fragrance. To me it isn't soapy, it is just fresh and clean! I definitely get the Neroli and Musk in this one. This is a perfect fragrance for any event. If you have just gotten out of the shower a spray of this stuff will enhance your cleanliness and make you feel refreshed! Mugler Cologne is the fragrance I grab when I want to smell fresh and clean, or when I am unsure of what I want to wear. This fragrance will forever be a part of my collection.

Sillage/Projection: 7/10
Longevity 10/10 (10+ hours)
Compliment factor: 10/10 (Clean and fresh)
Purpose: Any and all

Vacations.
Summer.

neri
neri

Esse perfume é muito ESTRANHO...mas não quer dizer que ele seja ruim, pelo contrário, já me elogiaram bastante, mesmo eu nem achando ele tudo isso.
Verde, diurno (vespertino, no máximo), fresco, mas não um frescor que remete a natureza, e sim a uma natureza criada no laboratório.
Chá verde? limão? algo metálico talvez... Não sei, desisto.
A melhor resenha que eu já li até agora de um especialista citava, interior de um ônibus espacial novinho em folha.

Excêntrico. A melhor maneira de descrevê-lo. EXCÊNTRICO.

NaughtyProf
NaughtyProf

Great fragrance- simple, summery, an afternoon in the gym, a light workout, lunch on a patio on a hot summer day.... Not a niche or signature scent, but a very nice addition to any collection...... I would also add Prada's Infusion D'homme and Dior Homme Sport to that group..

smellwell9.58
smellwell9.58

it comes of like mayonaise to me at the top. weird but i think its cause i have only smelt it once

hernie
hernie

Summer in a bottle, yet again. Soooo fresh, clean and soapy! Love it for hot days. Make me feel a pure child lol

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

It smells okay, Not my favorite though. You can maybe find a CK fragrance that smells similar like this.

Sighclone
Sighclone

I own two bottles of Mugler Cologne. I keep the 10.2 oz at home, and the 4.2 oz in my gym locker. It's the only scent I wear when working out. I love the idea that one of my fave summer frags does double duty for year-round use at the gym.

Since I wear this one a lot, I'd like to offer my observations on the sillage/projection/longevity issue often raised. Quite frankly when you think the scent is gone, that's just a trick this stuff plays on your nose. I've gotten compliments 6 hours after application. Everyone's skin dissipates perfume differently, of course, but on me this is definitely there long after I think it isn't.

Everyone should realize that Mugler Cologne is its name - not its level of concentration. It is in fact an EDT and has an EDT's lasting power.

I've often heard the comparison to Irish Spring. Those who say this aren't entirely wrong, but I have some good news for Mugler Cologne fans who might like to own a near-identical scent in a soap (however redundant that might seem). Try a soap called Cashmere Bouquet. If Mugler Parfums offered a Mugler Cologne soap and charged $15 a bar, it wouldn't smell any closer to Mugler Cologne than Cashmere Bouquet does (at 60 cents per bar at my local discount store). If you love Mugler Cologne, I promise you will get a total kick out of how much Cashmere Bouquet smells like it.

Springtime in a bottle

johngreenink
johngreenink

What a completely peculiar scent!?! I was given a large sample from a Fragrantica member and have tried it a few times, and it always smells the same - so it has consistency on its side. The first few seconds of the opening are fresh and bright green, and then just after there is this note (is it the 's' note? I can't say) but it is so peculiar and sits right on that edge between pleasant and unpleasant. It's almost fruity, or more like over-ripe and bruised papaya + salt + human sweat + roasted seaweed + Vietnamese fish sauce. What makes it so weird is that it seems to affect the salivary glands - every time I'd smell this, like Pavlov's dogs, I'd find my mouth watering BUT this is an exercise in cognitive dissonance because the smell is NOT appetizing. It quickly becomes unwearable for me because it's so strong and so linear that it rises straight up to my nose and overpowers me.

I'll certainly credit Mugler with creating something truly out of this world and chemically fascinating, but it's just not for me. I might go so far as to say that the cologne seems to manipulate me into a different personality when wearing it, and perhaps I'm not ready to go there yet!

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

Can I pull this off in the fall too?:) pm me please :)

pompous
pompous

hunkyweasel: Of course it does! It's based on a soap..

hunkyweasel
hunkyweasel

it smells like soap...

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Dear mister Mugler, you really don't come from Earth, do you?
You take a cologne, just the normal standard cologne, nothing complicated, nothing new, and you ask mister Morillas to turn it into this?
And "this", ladies and gentlemen, is pure, wonderful strangeness. Chandler Burr was rather close with his description of a "vine, surrounded by an artificial environment on another planet". Maybe this could be seen as a male version of Alien (though it is perfectly suited for women as well).
Mugler Cologne opens very green, very natural, like freshly cut grass, still on the ground, soaked with its own plant juices. Or like the sap of a green branch, broken of a living tree. The bergamot and neroli join in somewhat later, giving the fresh opening a sharp, zesty edge. Then the musk appears, with its strange, synthetic yet somehow incredibly sexy tones, darkening and softening the fragrance somewhat. The musk is quite animalic. Or more specified, it's quite human. While that skanky, human musk is the main supporter of the fragrance now, the rest is constantly changing between a beautiful, natural, green scent and a syntethic, constructed, weird but beautiful scent that's just as green, though it is a one dimensional green, instead of the many faceted green of the first "natural" scent.
This, I believe, is one of Muglers weirdest scents, because it appears to be safe and simple, but when examined, it is not. Imagine a perfectly normal leaf, that, when you examine it under a microscope, seems to be entirely "constructed" out of artificial elements and recording everything it encounters during its time on earth.
Personely, I think this fragrance is best suited for men (imagine a sexy, geeky scientist), I think it's just a little cold for women. Maybe it is even too cold for men, maybe it is not suited for humans at all. I do not know, but I do know I'll be wanting this in my collection.

Dryne
Dryne

Perfect-one for "pschitts" all around the body, and seductive fragrance...
I LOVE IT!

My take on Chandler Burr's S01E02 (which was Thierry Mugler COLOGNE): it's a scrubber. Major yuck factor in the opening. My very first reaction (posted at OpenSky in mid-July) was: "ELdO SECRETIONS MAGNIFIQUES meets Tide laundry detergent residue." It took me a few days even to muster up the courage to try it again, and when I did, my experience did not improve.

Based on my initial dislike, I guessed that it was created by Alberto Morillas, whom I affectionately refer to as "Chemical Albie" because he has produced a number of scrubbers--at least according to my nose and on my skin. It appears that we have a serious chemical incompatibility. But that's okay: there are plenty of other perfumers in the vast fragrance sea!

What is so repulsive about the opening? Well, to me it smells like bodily fluids. Is it blood, spit, mucous, some kind discharge, perhaps even semen? I do not know, but reading that this composition contains a mystery ingredient, and being aware of the Thierry Mugler approach (ANGEL, WOMANITY), it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

The rest of the fragrance really smacks to me of petroleum-based industrial laundry products, with a strong, persistent residue very difficult to remove. I had to literally scrub to get this one off. Hence, the appropriateness of the term 'scrubber'!

Needless to say, I will not be wearing the remaining 29 mls of my bottle of S02E02, but I enjoyed this little adventure. Bravo, Chandler!

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

This is for those who really like the orange. I enjoyed, for hot days should be very good. It is the stem, leaf and flower of the orange. After about 10 minutes this side feel a little citric calm tone of slightly sweet musk.

jozemo
jozemo

The smell of summer ,nice green and musk ,very refreshing sport scent ,a classic to me!

akur79
akur79

I use this to substitute my Creed Original Vetiver. Love it very much. Must buy for me. clean and fresh.
Cheaper version of Creed OV, and this is my daily cologne.

Heverton
Heverton

Mugler cologne is the result of a green take on fragrances by the Thierry Mugler house. It has the combination of a dominant neroli mixed with petit grain and a slight touch of musk leaving indeed a "cologne" feeling which doesn't last for a very long time but when it is present, you do feel the fresh, relaxing vibe of it.

Makes me think of Eau de Cartier Concentree without the evident violet note in it. A very different take from this house that is usually known for sweet fragrances.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A long lasting summer fragrance which may have spilt views and perhaps not a safe blind buy..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 2 Hours - 1 foot projection. The positive side of me thinks that this is quite a subtle, green, basic summer frag, but in reality it is a lot like a diluted detergent scent to my nose, sorry. IMHO try before you buy

2 hours - 4 hours - 7 inch projection, getting more subtle. A hint of spiciness pops in which improves this, as it makes it more complex

4 hours - 6 hours - 3 inch projection

6-8 hours - 2 inch projection. Strong soapiness comes to the fore.

8-10 hours - Close to skin

I don't get anything masculine or feminine here.

It does last a long time, even when you think it has gone, it comes back.

I tried to largely avoid the top notes, which is usual for me, and what I got was a soft/floral vetiver fragrance. There's a bit of a "clean" musk but nothing sharp or irritating. I think that some people spray too much when they use it, and it was instead intended to be light and barely noticeable, so it may be that if you use too much it will smell "synthetic." I think I'd rather wear something like Guerlain's Vetiver or even my vintage Ma Griffe, but there's certainly nothing wrong with the smell of this one. I'm not sure if the longevity is that great, because it seems to dissipate more and more, so that after perhaps five hours I wasn't sure if I could smell it any more. I have some I can decant for swaps or sales (half ounce) for those interested.

nd575
nd575

Clean, green, light, fresh, soapy citrus with a light musk in the dry down. Imagine relaxing in a bathtub in the middle of a grass field, bitter orange trees and citrus bergamia in the distance, admiring the vast blue sky in spring or summer. Subtle unisex fragrance.

versepie
versepie

It is summertime, and after a nice shower before bedtime I put this on. I'm not very good with notes but it smells fresh, green, and clean. It does not smell anymore on my skin in the morning but it stays on my clothes.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

If u know original vetiver from creed then u know mugler cologne definitley.
A light soapy but not in a shokin powdery way , more like of a citrusy watery soapy , super light scent !
Very clean , refreshing and appealing.
I only tested once but i got a high impression from it , i think that i can save my money and get this instead of the craziness of 300$ from creed!!
Best for spring and summer.
I dont have an idea on longevity and projection , but from what i've heard that longevity is average , projection is weak , so get the 300 ml ;).
A buy for me.

mak.erot
mak.erot

Clean, soapy and very-very freeeeesh.....! Best unisex summer fragrance.. Try it, and you can feel clean and fresh all your days..

stuartbr
stuartbr

I was convinced that it is a great atmospheric fragrance, but eventually I decided to put it on my skin. I am glad I did, for cologne dried down to a composition that balances a mineral chill and woody warmth. A flinty note hides under the earthy layer of patchouli, its effervescent dryness lending an interesting complexity. A mineral and mossy composition, Cologne recalls the scent of hot rocks. There is nothing to which I can compare it, and even the mineral notes of Neroli Portofino do not begin to suggest the abstract quality of Cologne. While it can definitely be worn, this avant-garde perfume may not appeal to everyone.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Me encantan los unisex y las colonias... lo compre solo por lo orininal y su diseñador ... lo probe varias veces antes de llevarlo... es un estilo sintetico mas bien mañana fresca y producto de limpieza... debut y despedida para mi

marioslg3

Guys this reminds original vetiver only for the first 5-10 minutes...after that, original vetiver is something else. it is green, elegant and of high quality. I smelled original vetiver last summer and it didnt remind me mugler at all. Mugler is an ordinaly old traditional citrus/soapy fragrnace. OV goes into a completely different direction, only the top notes reminds mugler. Totally two different perfumes if you leave them on your skill for some time. Go for the original vetiver if you can pay the price.

bersd78
bersd78

I've had this fragrance in my collection since it came out in 2001. My wife loves it and is one of my heavy rotation spring fragrances.

lalig
lalig

Cologne smells like fresh clean laundry. love it.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

quite unisex rather on the masculin side in my opinion but really nice scent! unfortunately doesn last long enough.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Wonderful fragrance. Light, clean, grassy, airy and unique. Reminds me of spring time on a another world, exotic plants and flowers unfurling to reach some unnamed star (or two), and filling the air with sparkling, achingly, beautiful perfume. It's just so lush, green, vibrant and floral. I almost get a honey-suckle vibe from it on occasion, and I adore their scent. Regardless of it's seeming lightness and transparency though, Cologne (EDT) is actually quite potent and lasts and projects for twenty four hours. Yes, twenty four hours. It's ridiculous, really. I can definitely handle smelling wonderfully clean and intoxicatingly exotic for hours on end, especially this summer when the temperature will surely be over 100. This fragrance makes me feel, calm, confident, and relaxed. Women LOVE... IT!!! I am dating someone special I met the other day while at work, the first (and only) time this spring that I felt it was hot enough to wear this new little gem of mine. At last, I have found the perfect counter-balance for my gourmand fetish, and refreshing alternative to the countless, generic citrus/aquatic summer scents that I so loathe. This is my signature summer scent! I just couldn't even imagine donning any other fragrance when the mercury rises! NONE. A modern masterpiece! 10/10! Ahhhhhhh... it's springtime in a galaxy, far, far, away. :)

dkny27
dkny27

Completely clean, fresh and oozes springtime outdoors. When I first tried it on I immediately thought of the freshness you smell after a shower, when you are feeling clean, thinking what to put on today....
Daytime definately! I have the big bottle so I even spray my sheets for a pick me up...

unique1975
unique1975

This is the most sensual summer scent I 've ever tried!!!

Alive
Alive

This was the first blind-buy I made, and I'm very satisfied about it!! As everyone says, this is an universal smell, soapy and clean, not overpowering, perfect for daily use.

MCMXCII

So, I was at the mall today and I was between buying this and buying Ice-Men. But honestly this was what lasted more hours than anything!!!!. It is now almost midnight in my city. I SPRAYED THIS ON MY ARM AT 1 P.M. TODAY!. I honestly just ordered the 10.oz bottle because it is so amazing, Fresh-Clean-Airy and above all UNIQUE. This to me doesn't smell not one bit like Irish Springs like other people say, to me it is an identical scent to Viktor & Rolf's Antidote, that's what I'm getting. Don't think it twice. Buy it because it is HARD TO HATE THIS SMELL !

RedFloyd
RedFloyd

This is the perfect antidote for gourmand-related anosmia!

jonuiuc
jonuiuc

I really like this cologne, it is very clean smelling and universally appropriate. The cologne for people who really do not like cologne. Some may consider it too simple or safe, and maybe it is, but it projects a very "I am clean and just took a shower and my clothes are clean" vibe, which is a nice scent to have. Good for work or situations where people may take offensive to stronger smells. I find I wear it in the spring or summer, think t-shirts, polo shirts, chino's, etc. Great for daytime and more casual wear. I think for nighttime you'd be playing it a little safe, but it is quite versatile.

williamvargas
williamvargas

really nice clean smell, definitely feels like a freshly soaped smell , clean body after a shower...i get a soap smell, but when i was a kid i used to use a soap called lifebuoy...it was more of an ivory soap type clean smell with a little bit more neroli and citrus i remember..not quite the irish spring for me..a sweeter smell..at least to my nose.i absolutely love this.,..when i wear this one..especially when i am one of the first ones in the office in the morning,as people walk in they can smell this..and it is always a group type compliment, men and ladies..highly recommend when you just want to smell good, you can apply it fairly heavily and it is not perfumy at all just a nice clean smell it projects out. i would think everyone around you should like this one. a safer choice..lasts a fair amount of time, but the price point is so appealing that you can reapply this one without breaking the bank..i put some into a small atomizer that i keep in my desk just to get a refresher course..you just cannot offend anyone with this i don't think..wore this on an airplane once and the stewardess commented on it , how clean and wonderful it smelled.asked me what it was so she could get some for her husband who never likes to wear fragrances but she was sure he would wear this..i have not had any negative comments, .. nothing is 100 % safe, just would surprise me if someone did not like this one..
I would seek this one out and see if you agree.

tttt
tttt

@ChemistRhi I'm not joking- I saw TV Interview of Alberto Morillas where he actually confirmed that sperm/semen note was added when he formulated Mugler Cologne.

exciter76
exciter76

What can I say about my beloved Mugler Cologne that hasn’t already been said? It is the epitome of clean, soapy scents. Mugler Cologne achieves a level of perfection most fragrances spend decades attempting to attain and often fail by smelling too artificial and plasticky. It is so seemingly simple as to make one slap himself on the forehead and ponder aloud, “Why didn’t I think of that?” or, “Why didn’t I find this sooner?”

It is probably silly to want to smell like a bar of soap all day but sometimes it is just the perfect scent. Sometimes I want a scent that is unfussy but subtly magnetic—you can thank the musk for the magnetism involved in this fragrance. MC has no pretenses and it does not want to pretend to be anything other than clean and honest. If a Saturday or Sunday morning could be encapsulated in a glass bottle, this would be its juice.

MC is long-lasting and wonderfully lingering. It is strong but not overbearing; you only need to spritz strategically all over and only once. This fragrance is so good I believe it should be a mandatory scent in any fragrance-aficionado’s collection.

eightseven
eightseven

If you liked the smell of Irish Spring soap in the past, Mugler Cologne will not disappoint.

I bought this to add a clean/soapy scent to my collection and it fits the bill perfectly. The projection is low/medium and it lasts for 8+ hours.

Great daytime scent and great price. Must have in any collection, imo.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

I bought Irish Spring soap for the first time in my life because I loved Mugler Cologne so much and it's what I remember Irish Spring--which I always loathed before--smelling like. Well: Irish Spring smells totally different now, like an inexpensive approximation of a pleasant but extremely boring man's scent. The nostril-burning sythetic glowing green smell is gone. But we still have Mugler cologne, which preserves that sci-fi hard-edged white light soapiness. One of the soapiest of all. Kind of the perfumery equivalent of tin cans as bracelets by Thierry's friend Jean Paul. Or like Azzedine Alaïa's Tati print clothes: the patently trashy made extremely glamorous. Very Barbarella, one of the qualities I appreciate most in scent, in clothes and in life generally. Elle published some great photos by Thierry Mugler in 1992, all taken at Great Sands National Monument in New Mexico, the same place that some photos for the Cologne ad campaign were taken; clearly that pure summer(his term), synthetic, blinding chrome flying saucer in the sunlight concept was very very successfully captured in the evil chemical edge in this scent. And, wonderfully, it also smells strongly of extremely fresh real-life citrus at exactly the same time, which no doubt keeps the evil part from being too much to take.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I have looked for this fragrance for quite a time, since my friend told me that this perfume is very fresh and pleasant. So when I found a package of this fragrance, consist of 100ml EDT and shower gel + lotion, I immediately grabbed it. I didn’t open the package since there are still many other perfumes in my closet. But I couldn’t resist the temptation, so I opened and gosh…I fall in love with this perfume instantly! It is so fresh with a sting of bergamot at the opening. So fresh like clean sheet wrapped my body, very relaxing and yes, it is pleasant! Usually longevity is quite a big issue for me…but this perfume is an exception, I don’t really care that this is not long lasting on me, for the scent is incredible!

bp
bp

I love all the scents of Thierry Mugler, but in this particular case I think the Fleur Du Male Cologne by Jean Paul Gaultier is better than this. This just analyzing this type of toilet waters smelling of old babies.
However, both have the same style.
Surely that appeal to the same followers.

Grottola
Grottola

It's not a groundbreaking by any means, but it doesn't need to be.

Mugler Cologne is the epitome of "pleasant" when it comes to fragrances. Thierry Mugler's idea of taking the classic Eau de Cologne (neroli and citrus) and adding a green soapy note works perfectly. It extends the longevity of the fragrance, and creates probably the cleanest fragrance in existence. This is why people consider cleanliness so pleasant - it's like wearing a white shirt and running through a field of grass on a spring day where the sky is an endless shade of blue.

Original Vetiver by Creed is similar, but doesn't have the grace or beautiful simplicity of Mugler Cologne. The central, green-soapy accord is there, but it's flanked by an ugly synthetic vetiver and woody amber note that doesn't really do the thing any justice. Just get this stuff and apply it liberally if you need to, but be careful if you have a headache.

Also: the shower gel kicks ass. Great for layering.

One of my top 10 favorite fragrances.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I have to admit, this takes the bloom off Original Vetiver's rose a bit. The likeness is uncanny, and the fact that it came before the Creed is an even bigger eye-opener. Cologne lacks the depth and intensity of OV, and the drydown is nothing more than a thin, green muskiness. Still, the blast of grassiness that pervades the opening and heart is amazing. I also like how the white musk, sweet citruses, and wildflowers play against those vibrant green notes. This is cis-3-Hexenol at its best. I'm going to save myself the pennies and get this instead of Original Vetiver, and everyone else should, too.

jtd
jtd

I try to eat an integrated, healthy diet, but sometimes I’ll have a protein bar. I couldn’t live on them forever, but they’re handy in a pinch, provide some nutrition and are marginally better than a chocolate bar. I think of them as fake food, but they have their uses.

If ‘normal’ cologne is a light meal, Mugler’s Cologne is a protein bar: functionally synthetic, easy to consume, popular with the gym queens.

fragscape
fragscape

To me, Mugler Cologne is a little jem in the fragrance world. Its not the greatest. Its not the worst. But it IS good. When I first sprayed Cologne on my skin, I first thought to myself, " ive smelt this before". It reminded me of the aloe vera lotion you put on sunburns at the beach. Its bright top notes elevate your mood as soon as it hits your nostrils.

It then slowly makes its descent into the dry-down within 1 hour. The dry-down is where i thought i smelled the mysterious "S" note.... "Salt"(Or so i thought).... The first time i smelled this fragrance i could smell a hint of salt. It reminded me of the way skin smells like after a long day at the beach. OR like the way people put a little salt on an orange to make it more flavorful. Its a (lite-salty)-citrus smell.

After a little searching, I figured out what the "S" note is thought to be(wink,wink), Which supports my first guess. Bodily fluids tend to have a certain salinity. I believe that this note is what makes it different. I might sound nuts, but its only my opinion.(no pun intended)

The (salty-citrus-white musk) dry-down then lasted for a good 6-7 hours on my skin. Truly complements the natural smell of skin.

Good fragrance.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

For those of us who love citrus, clean scents, TM really encompasses all the qualities that attract us to them.
As we know, most of them thrill us at first spray or splash but quickly evaporate into thin air.
Not so with TM and on many occasions when I have worn it, I have been told how wonderful I smell.
Long lasting, soapy but very special...don't let this one pass you by.

Yamba1
Yamba1

In preparation for the hot, humid Australian summer, I have acquired some samples of possible contenders for my summer rotation.

TM Cologne is applied like a citrus blast, leaning more towards the neroli, with hints of lime. For a cologne, it is robust by nature, maintaining it's integrity without breaking down or fading prematurely as many lighter perfumes can.

I have been applying TM Cologne before gym work outs and I am delighted to say, I couldn't think of a better scent for that environment. It gives the suggestion of freshness without being overpowering and stays with me for the workout and beyond.

It is like a cool shower, a long drink and a morning breeze. This will definitely go into the summer rotation.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

My favorite cologne which explains my handle name. Smells like I just got out of the shower. It so nice, fresh, and clean. It lasts for half the day too. I just wish it was a little bit stronger. The body wash is excellent too.

dany06
dany06

I wanted to try this fragrance after reading that it was soapier than Prada infusion d'homme. I love the d'homme because it smells like that humid soapy smell you get right after a shower when using a bar of soap. I cant for the life of me understand how anyone could think Mugler cologne smells like soap or even a cleaning product.

At first it smells like I love love which is a screaming bright scent. I guess it is citrus but not pleasant. Then as it drys down it has a vegetable like smell similar to burberry baby touch but with the bright citrus. It has a good amount of sillage and lasting power. You can definitely smell it on your self. It is not sweet. I do not prefer it at all.

imoore
imoore

From my point of view it is bergamot with added bergamot on top.
Nice unisex but more on the male side.

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

If you want a good, clean neroli that last--and at a reasonable price--this is it!!!!

MrCoolink
MrCoolink

Very nice fresh soapy fragrance. Makes you feel fresh and clean for about 6hrs. I usually don´t care for fresh/green fragrances, but this one is very nice.

Projection: 8.0/10
Longevity: 8.0/10
Bottle Presentation: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10
This is a buy to me.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

A beautiful fragrance for Australian summers!! I LOVE it! I've gone through about three large bottles over the years and never tire of it. It's zingy, slightly peppery and citrus-like at first, then morphs into a magnificent creamy musk aroma. After a couple of hours it has a nice "hum" to it - if a fragrance can have a noise, this one would have a smooth, harmonious hum!

spoombung
spoombung

When I first smelled this I couldn't take it seriously; it reminded me of washing up liquid and I dismissed it as gimmicky. However, now I can't get enough of the stuff after getting addicted to the sample and now I have a big bottle.

It's fantastic - green, fresh.. and yes, a bit like washing up liquid - but I love it. Great stuff, very addictive and picks up lots of compliments.

silentrich
silentrich

One of the cleanest fragrances you'll ever smell. Reminds me a bit of Irish Spring soap, but in a good way. Sillage is minimal, but longevity is excellent. Many compare this to Creed's Vetiver.

stephan
stephan

It's similar but weaker than Creed's Original Vetiver.

weegee
weegee

Fresh and clean. Strikes me at first as a nice alternative to my most "perfumey" fragrances. It wipes the slate clean and refreshes my nose. Lime is most prominent and makes me think of the thirst-quenching aroma of a tall, frosty glass of gin & tonic on ice with a big slice of lime, but then comes the soap. A lovely soap, to be sure, maybe one in a luxe hotel where the bathroom is as big as my house but still, just... soap.

Reminds me very much of good ol' 4711 and is similarly short-lived on my skin. But 4711 stays sparkly & clear and skips the cloudy-soapy aspect, making it the better bet in my book. I'll likely use up Mugler's Cologne wearing it after a morning or afternoon shower as I wander around the house in my robe. It's gone by the time I get dressed, allowing me to apply another fragrance before I go out.

A tad high priced for something so fleeting -- 4711 is the better bargain.

Re: member sixthscents' comment about Mugler's 'nads... I saw a recent photo of him and he looks so grossly full of steroids I wouldn't be surprised if they've shrunk into oblivion!

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I have this I think- but the bottle is shaped like the Summer Flash, but it wasn't labelled as such- maybe the packaging has been updated.

Anyway, this stuff is so weird. I so wish I could identify why it smells so familiar, but I can't! Sometimes I think it is Fairy liquid I smell, and others it is Zest soap. Whatever it is , it has an amazing quality which makes feel I already know this fragrance. It is not like any other cologne I have tried and is the greenest fragrance I've ever come across. This is unisex as well- I am sharing with my husband. On him it is more musky, on me it remains fresher and doesn't change as much.

MCMXCII

If this fragrance doesn't scream-shout-and blast out to you SUMMER!!!!!!!. Then you have problems folks because smelling this is like opening the door on an early summer morning and smelling the fresh wet grass, with a sort of earthy essence. It's probably my favorite from the Mugler House, try it...but please, with an open mind!

fanny
fanny

Mugler Cologne made me buy everything there is in the same line. Soap, showergel, deodorant, aftershave, you name it.
It is so comforting, fresh and summerlike. A happy fragrance!
Husband thinks the same, about likeability that is. He's not very into perfume, so to go further than just one product of a scent is beyond him. He wears what I buy for him, unless of course it is too profound (read 'in your face') or simply too 'hideous'.
Recently, I am looking for a bottle, decant or samples of Dior Homme for my beau.
Anyone?....

Cologne is by definition a light perfume, or as someone said "perfumes for people who doesn't like them". Said that MC can be quite anonimous at the first smell, but if you wear it you will surely notice it has something special and "different". The opening with citruses and bergamot is clean, crispy and almost invigorating. In the drydown I get musk and softly piquant spices. The result is an understated but quite distinctive light scent, absolutely reommended as a good alternative to generic fresh fragrances. Well done.

A good example of a traditional theme revised with a modern twist.

My suggestion is: If you like it, buy at least 5 bottles as MC is so light that you will need half a bottle anytime you'll decide to wear this fragrance.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I'me a believer that true art finds inspirations unwillingly and in the vast most varietyt or situations, not having to be meaningful or deep, nor confided to subtlety, mystery or opaque. Just be true.
I also always thought of Thierry as somebody to be rightly selfish in his creations in that they're his own taste and tell his own stories, whether appealing to others or not. If you happen to like them, that's fine with him. Creating a perfume inspired by a bar of soap is a venture that relies on a pretty awesome bar of soap (a fair bit of pressure on the soap there, i feel).
TM Cologne starts a bit hard to bare. Heavy citrus with green nuances that are a bit offensive to start. But once the scent develops and dries down it's clean and fresh like cut grass.
I dont like this scent when its sprayed,
I find it very interesting when it dries down, but I cant see myself wearing it.

Vanartus
Vanartus

Brilliance amazing fascinating

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

WOW!!!
Do you believe I waited until just now to try this scent. I had seen it a few times, but by the time I did, I had already had my olfactory sense worked out, and it always needed a rest.
Well, today this got the skin test. I will tell you up front, I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE! Out of the bottle it is green and grassy, just as its color suggests...great marketing. It is very fresh smelling and the green is not very sharp at all...maybe a sharp neroli note for a second, but it is quickly softened by the sweet soft soapy notes that carry this scent on through to the other side. As dry down continues, it just gets softer and soapier...slightly reminiscent of Infusion D'homme, but without any of the heavy incense and myrrh...this always stays light. It really is just lovely. Every once in a while I can still catch the neroli and/or petit grain that keeps this from being a snooze fest.
I wish for slightly better longevity, but I suppose I can't have it all.
This is a wonderfully balanced fragrance that has worked its way into my spring rotation. A true beauty! Give this one a try if you are a Prada or soap fan. MMMMMMMMMMMM...I can't stop smelling it.

2CentsOnScents
2CentsOnScents

A FRESH and reFRESHing fragrance that has me reaching for it for almost every casual occasion. I am surprised by the longevity of this fragrance because it is super FRESH. I get probably seven to nine solid hours out of this. I would recommend this fragrance to anyone looking for a FRESH scent that wants to smell like they just came out of the shower. Any age could pull this scent off.
8.5 stars out of 10 for me.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Rumor has it, this "cologne" was created by Lex Luthor to act as a secret weapon against Superman. The secret ingredient? Of course: Kryptonite. This is not only where the juice gets color, but also the sinister longevity and projection. (And the reason why it "kinda" smells like a modern eau de cologne, but it "kinda" smells like some sort of synthetically fresh gamma ray juice.)

This is a very nice scent in its opening stages: very green, bright and clean. However, once it hits the drydown (and there is one, albeit very subtle) it turns quite sharp and does not quit. It keeps going, and going, and going. The first time I wore it I actually picked up a very subtle "vomit" note in the middle. This was not as bad as 7 de Loewe's "I-just-peed-my-pants" accord, but still, it is not what I want to smell like.

Not a bad scent by any means--very bright and fresh, but way too synthetic and sharp at times.

Slamwich
Slamwich

The first and foremost word that comes to mind when I breathe this in is "clean". Mentioning a second word will downplay the impact of a one word review, but I feel it wise to add a second word that comes to mind: "fresh".

In an interesting turn of events, a fragrance actually titled "Cologne" happens to be the least cologne smelling fragrance I've come across so far. It's there, it's pronounced, but I can't fathom someone ever asking someone what cologne they are wearing upon smelling this. There would be a comment stating that they smell nice, sure, but it wouldn't be attributed to a fragrance, the person just... smells nice.

There is definitely a heavy citric hit in the top notes, and that lingers throughout as it evolves into a more soapy freshness. I want to clarify that while Yves Saint Laurents Rive Gauche also gets hailed as a scent that smells clean and soapy, these two should not be intertwined in any perceptions you may have. Rive Gauche smells clean in a less natural (but still enjoyable) form. The kind of clean that humanity created. Mugler Cologne is the kind of clean I associate with someone bathing in a verdant vale, or something.

It definitely gives a freshness on a warm day, but this also provides a snug, thin warmth in cold weather, so don't dismiss it in the winter.

Summary: If you happened to be out in the wild for a few weeks, running from predators, crawling through the mud, living off your wits, and then were suddenly thrust back in to society, you could probably do nothing but spray some Mugler Cologne on you, and despite your haggard appearance, anyone that came across you would think you just showered.

guest_Cram
guest_Cram

I really like the freshness of this cologne, I find it a little overprized. Anyhow, I would suggest to take a shower with a nice bar of soap called Irish Spring you will get the same scent.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Great for the Spring/Summer months.

While it does pop out a bit soapy at first it does settle down fairly quickly when the true green in it takes over. The citrus is not as pronounced as I expected.

Sillage is good but longevity is just so so.

Overall a most pleasant fresh and clean cologne.

andrew85
andrew85

I dont like at all, for me this smells like soap.. nothing speacial, only clean, but i dont like it...

Okay. Update.

I have been throwing caution to the wind, borrowing this cologne from my husband's cabinet, and openly wearing it. He has probably cottoned on to it, but hasn't said anything. Let it be known I'm, otherwise, NOT a duplicitous partner.

Be still my heart! This, right here, is an amazing citrus/green/floral. Well blended? I'll say. You know how you expect top notes -- especially if they're from the citrus family -- to fizz right out in a short time? Not with this fragrance. Or, I should say, not on me. Go ahead: take a look at the notes Fragrantica provides. Now, imagine them a few hours later just as crisp and clear as when they were first applied to your skin...

I wouldn't know a regular orange blossom from an African one, but I'd guess both the neroli and African orange blossoms are the floral background I smell. Delicate floral, too. And green throughout! Not damp-mossy-green (which I also like), but flower-garden-green. As with a few citrus-y colognes mixed with my chemistry, I sense a sharp pepper (just an illusion).

It has a longevity to be admired: I had a shower, worked out at the gym, had ANOTHER shower -- and I'm still walking around like an idiot with my arm at my nose, sniffing in its splendour.

ChemistRhi

In the UK edition of Cosmo this month, it says that the secret 'S' is something that is meant to resemble the smell of Sperm!!. Hmm.

I absolutely love this fragrance, and am going to try and pretend I never read that article. Hasn't put me off it mind!!

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Hi

This cologne surprised me from the start with its freshness and greenness
its the best cologne i have ever used ,you will feel extreemly fresh & clean
just amaaazziing , highly recommended for summer , i like it so much.

moore_or_less
moore_or_less

Absolutely my go too summer fragrance! This is perfect night or day when the weather gets warmer and the nights heat up. Love the freshness of the green notes and the drydown into something soapy yet sensual is an experience I've had with no other frag. Will hopefully always have some of this in my collection!!

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

this reminds me of that Zest body wash soap for men..this actually the last thierry mugler i bought, now i got all the collection of thierry mugler fragrance..its great and freshing light scent..and it reminds me of church smell..alot of green notes on it..another wonderful scent from thierry mugler...

for real this smells like zest body wash for men..which is a good thing...

Chris v.V.

Spectacular! I could sniff this all day long and never tire of it.

I was hoping to test this for myself, but my husband beat me to it and bought himself a bottle (along with a body wash)!

Crisp (without being sharp), green and citrus-y, with a touch of delicate floral.

(My husband better watch out: I might be "borrowing" this fragrance from time to time!)

kiwifrench
kiwifrench

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It's pretty linear and straightforward, clean. If you're looking for a story, this might not be your thing but it's definitely suitable for everyday use. It probably wouldn't fair very well during the winter, but its citrusy, soapy and almost powdery notes come out beautifully in warm weather.

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

Very good fresh summer fragrance unfortunately the lasting power on me is virtually non existent. Seriously I've used up about 40% of my 75ml bottle within a week,this stuff just disappears soon as it touches my skin.

teedee
teedee

he most well blended and long lasting cologne i have ever tried!

mugler cologne smells like...well...cologne. you can expect the freshness, citrussy light smell from this one. however, unlike other colognes which just evaporate and laeve no trace on my skin within 1 hour..this one manage to stay. the fresh green citruses are ever present. and then the musk reveals itself elegantly. making the mix somehow heavier and closer to skin, yet still fresh.

lovely

guest_zanamor
guest_zanamor

just the best scent ever. it comes across a with a clean lime aroma - my concern with it is you may need to apply more as the day goes on. its appears a fresh scent for summer. i love it!

olymsailor83
olymsailor83

This one here is a winner in my book! Such a fresh, green, summery scent! This compliments a nice irish spring shower! It is not a very heavy fragrance which is good because this is pretty much wearable anytime! I highly recommend this!

ChemistRhi

Been 'Um' ing and 'Ah' ing about this for ages, but found it at TK Maxx yesterday for £10 for 150ml!!

Hadn't tried it on skin before, but it is very very fresh and clean, great longevity and pretty good sillage.

Makes me think of a slightly Eastern fresh soap, maybe I just read that somewhere (yes..... just seen it in the information bit lol) but it is lovely, perfect for summer, great unisex fragrance. Love the bottles too, and the colour of the liquid.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very good fragrance. Green, fresh, soapy, and citrus smelling scent. Prefect office scent. Low sillage but last 6-8 hours on my skin. 8.5/10.

Aromatica
Aromatica

Cologne captures the old fashioned smell of past times "colognes" very well. It is green, fresh and clean with a hint of soap and something special that makes it interesting(maybe the "s"?). Never boring, always refreshing for men and women.

Dark Curls

I have worn this every year for about 7 years for St. Patricks Day. LOVE IT!!!! It smells so green and is perfect for this holiday. :-)

RobbieX

Linear smell..but it's a very fresh unisex, soapy smell - very lovely- like you just had a shower (the S note) love this one! I take this with me on holidays in hot countries. You can't go wrong with this. Longevity is not bad either for a cologne.

hapa
hapa

Fresh. Invigorating. Clean. Uplifting. All these words accurately describe this fragrance. It is lovely in the summer and the bergamot just makes you so happy!

Try some when it is warm out and see how it makes you feel.

Dark Curls

i adore this fragrance. It embodies the word GREEN to me and what green the color should smell like. It is so clean and fresh! It lasts literally all day. Love it!!

dianthus
dianthus

Don't you think YVES ROCHER 'PUR DESIR DE FLEUR D'ORANGE smells almost the same? Ofcourse TM is more silky scent, more gentle and not so bitter but rather fresh. Comparing to YR FLEUR D'ORANGE it is also deeper and more complicated. Its freshnes is soft and not sting in your senses.

nikornplay
nikornplay

love it after I do fitness.fresh and green then cool down to good spice with flower

Mugler Cologne is very simplistic yet beautiful all the same.

It's refreshing yet unique which is a quality that I very rarely find in a citrus aromatic. I can see how this fragrance easily becomes unisex, its softness is feminine enough on a woman and its slightly sharp citrusy notes would compliment a man.

The citrus notes in Mugler Cologne actually become quite sweet but certainly not nauseatingly so. The orange blossom and musk balance this fragrance out well, insuring that the scent doesn't become too sharp or linear.

A sense of being lightly refreshed and revitalised is achieved successfully through this fragrance. The lasting strength is good, at least five hours, and the sillage very mild, which is great news for those wishing to wear this in the Summer months. I certainly recommend.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Wow, how European is this? I was personally handed a sample of this by a woman who worked for the very creative, Thierry Mugler. It wasn't until then, I discovered Mr. Mugler was in fact "Mister" and not "Miss." It is quite amazing. Though a masculine work of art, a woman's chemistry could turn this unisex in a New York minute. I'm not a citrus fanatic, but this was uniquely executed. The distinct notes of African Orange Flower, Bergamot and Petit Grain rise to your senses in the most perfect combination. Green and clean.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

Cologne is a fresh, light and green fragrance. Not at all soapy, but makes you feel clean and happy. It is very different from Angel or Alien, but still has some unidentified "TM" in it.

Not very origninal, but very nice and pleasant all the way. And it is actually somewhat different from the newest fragrances of this kind.

I will wear this again! And maybe also let BF borrow it...

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I think this would smell nice on the right guy, but I can't stand to smell it on myself...From now on, I'm don't think I even want to sample fragrances that are described or reviewed as "soapy"....

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Fresh citrus with a clean zing which smells like you have just stepped out of the shower. I love using this on hot summer days.

vmarinska
vmarinska

Уникална свежест. Такава чистота и хлад лъхат от този парфюм, каквито не съм срещала на друго място.
Комбинация от сапун, вода, чист горист въздух! Не се сещам за по-подходящ аромат за пролетта и лятото. Обичамго, обожавам го, от днес натам винаги ще присъства в парфюмният ми гардероб! ;)

TheBritishEccentric
TheBritishEccentric

This one from Mugler never ever fails to draw a comment every time I wear it, I LOVE it!! Super for Summer, clean and long lasting, beautiful dry down green notes. A stunning fragrance.

wakemeupalready

I have fallen in love with Mugler Cologne all over again. I used to wear this religiously when I first found it way back in 2006, but got bored of it's simplicity so once my bottle was finished i never thought about it again. It wasn't until I found my bottle of invigorating body lotion that it brought back all the great memories I had when I used to wear this It was always a fragrance that people would stop me and say "what is that you're wearing" even my girlfriend's would sniff me on a night out, when i wasn't having a sneaky sniff of myself. It just has that unbelievably simple yet sexy and seductive clean smell. It reminds me of just getting out of the shower on a really hot day in California when we used to go on holidays. So today I went and purchased the cologne and the shower gel again. I just know it's going to get me through the summer months when I don't want to be complicated, just simple.

P.S. has anyone else noticed how hard it is to find Theirry Mugler products in stores these days? I've been wracking my brain searching for the bath and body lines for A*Men and MC, and according to the rep she said it's still very popular but stores just aren't stocking it. GRRRRR I HEART MUGLER!

EDIT - Seems that most stores are discontinuing this fragrance, debenhams had everything in the Cologne range at half price, so I snapped up a 300ml bottle for £28 BARGAIN!!!

vdxl
vdxl

This scent starts soapy, it is very airy and discreet even at first, but after 30 minutes it is like your second skin. I do not know what that S note is, but it prolongs the citrus-green combo and adds some sensuality. Anyway, here in Romania is quite expensive and I appreciate cologne with better sillage.

ava
ava

I love its freshness. It is fresh, relaxing, absolutely cool and lasts all day!

guynspfld
guynspfld

I have worn this for a few years. I am in love with it......To spray it at 9am and to smell it 12 hours later is amazing. I am not sure what notes are in it, but I smell patchouli. It is great for men or women

luz
luz

If what you need for the moment is a cologne, fresh and soft, this is the best you can get. Suitable for men and women, I am not a fresh fragrance fan, but maybe the "S" note really works for me l0l !!!

nitamania
nitamania

Hello guys, I think for tropical country (like Indonesia), this is the best choise. So fresh, so relaxing. I love it.

Cassiano
Cassiano

I start with a confession: I can't live without 1 bottle of this cologne in my collection!
This fragrance should be simple to be commented out, but it is very difficult to translate, in words, what it means.

Opens with notes of bergamot, neroli and petitgrain. In the heart, African orange flower and a base of white musk. The secret of this fragrance is the use of the "S Molecule" in the heart of the fragrance, which was an innovation at the time of its release, in 2001, since it has brought the promise of strengthening the power of the other notes for longer, as they were taken as volatile.

The result is a fresh aroma, totally unisex, that can resist for more than 6 hours on the skin and, although you don't feel the scent exhaling after a while, people will notice it. Is one of the few colognes that can, actually, give me the sensation of bath taken during hours, and its citric aroma is delicious. The S Molecule was really a "S"uccess and I couldn't expect anything less innovative coming from Thierry Mugler.

Is mandatory in the collection of people who live in extremely hot places.

acc
acc

I think this fragrance was made especially for those that cannot stand fragrances. It is such a light and refershing scent. Stays very close to skin and never overpowers.

maschin
maschin

i love this perfume on both men and women..it is very fresh because of the citrusy notes but also warm and powdery..

da_markos
da_markos

on my skin opening notes smells .like nivea shaving cream. which it means that it smells like stuff for 1$... so i will buy thise cream ;)

sonrise
sonrise

I agree this is a perfume that could work for either a man or woman and I like the light green color

angelahta
angelahta

I love its freshness. It works excellent on both man and woman. Highly recommanded for hot days.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

This is a very unusual cologne. Husband and I both tried it, and it seemed appropriate for both of us to wear.

I would describe the scent as citrusy without being sweet, and creamy without smelling like vanilla or honey or sugar. Well-crafted and unique! Worth a try if you're looking for a more substantial citrus scent for the cooler months or for evening.

kurisu
kurisu

Really love this one!Would find one big bottle at home and share with my whole family,everyone can wear it.Very fresh and clean with a hint of green,perfect for casual and hot summer day.

LiLascents
LiLascents

Love this for summer, the saltines in the fragrance reminds me of the summers I spent at the beach as a child. And the subway and train we had to take to get there.

fqjcior
fqjcior

I am not specially keen on fresh scents because the most of them seem to be shallow, neuter, without a character. Although when summmertime comes I would like to have just one light, freshy and not banal scent. And TM's Cologne meets my expectations very well. It is simply one-note modern variation on the traditional citrus cologne (like 4711 or Eau D'Orange Verte). I love this modern soapy, detergent-like note in it (maybe it is because of the mystic „S” ingredient mentioned by TM). It smells like a fresh washed clothes being dried on the warm air. It brings back some great memories from childhood. It has good sillage and is quite long lasting. I prefer it when go to the gym. It makes me feel fresh and full of energy all the time. This cologne is great and original which seems to be the Mugler's trademark. Thumbs up!

flannelman
flannelman

This is a fresh, attractive cologne. Much more green than citrusy. On some level, the green notes remind me of Lancôme's Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic. Smells better on skin than on paper, so keep that in mind when trying it...

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I love wearing Cologne after the rain. I feel so alive And this scent is so wonderful. Very fresh, natural, beautiful. With a marvelous longervity. This makes you feel so free, so active. A simple yet attractive scent. I feel the base notes of Cologne very similar to D&G's Light Blue for women. Anyway, I really fall in deep love with this magical Cologne.

Aiona
Aiona

I've only smelled this on a card, so far. But it's very green and much less blaring than A*Men or B*Men. It also doesn't have the amazing amounts of patchouli in it, as the *Mens do. It's very greeny, almost like the old Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo, but there's also a soapy quality to it (like Penhaligon's English Fern, or Creed's Original Vetiver). 'Doesn't seem to last very long though, and sillage is MUCH MUCH less than the *Mens. 'Definitely wearable by women or men who like a greeny fresh kind of fragrance that is *not* a cool aquatic.

wakemeupalready

I love this so much, it's very sexy and fresh and i always get compliments.. must be that special "S" ingredient thierry has added to this wonderful refrshing fragrance.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler 4.26 out of 5 based on 1270 ratings and 239 user reviews

Sample
Sample
Angel Men Pure Leather by Thierry Mugler
Angel Men Pure Leather by Thierry Mugler
THIERRY MUGLER COLOGNE for UNISEX by Thierry Mugler EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
THIERRY MUGLER COLOGNE for UNISEX by Thierry Mugler EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
macys.com
Cologne 3.4oz
Thierry Mugler Cologne Spray, 3.4 oz.
Thierry Mugler Cologne Spray, 3.4 oz.
Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Angel Men Pure Wood by Thierry Mugler
Cologne 10.2oz
Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne Spray Splash 300ml 10.2oz
Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne Spray Splash 300ml 10.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.