Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Supra Floral Thierry Mugler for women and men
dislike

smoky
Supra Floral Thierry Mugler for women and men Pictures

Supra Floral by Thierry Mugler is a Floral fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Supra Floral was launched in 2014. Supra Floral was created by Jean-Christophe Herault and Olivier Polge. Top note is hyacinth; middle note is incense; base note is amber.

Hyacinth

Incense

Amber

Cristalle Eau de Toilette

Supra Floral Fragrance Reviews

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Hyacinth was one of Elizabeth Taylors favorite flower. Its a luxe flower. Hyacinth is the star in this Supra Bouquet.

Hyacinth is done with a nod to other classic fragrances that featured the flower, greeness of the stem, like YSL Y. We dont get a lot of hyacinth in perfumes of today,so this is a luxurious, pared down, almost soliflore on hyacinth with the addition of incense,oud and amber, which hyacinth is not normally combined with is what makes this modern and unique. Hyacinth starts out blooming a mild floral scent then it grows into its power as it opens. They captured that trait in Supra Bouquet.

Its a much more refined Alien idea. This could be Aliens mother. It doesnt screech out at you in the opening like the jasmine does in Alien. Supreme is refined, smooth, grand dame in a modern way. Lovely idea on this. :) Full bottle worthy.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens with fresh galbanum immediately followed by something sweet and a bit tangy like a broken flower stem, that turns into something a bit more bitter. The floral notes listed as hyacinth are a mix of rose, jasmine, orange flower, peony, lilac, cassis and a sweet lily-of-the-valley accord. I smell hints of something sharp underneath as well. The bouquet blooms towards a more dark approach, the flowers get heavier and the base gets darker. Amber and coumarin notes appear and grow a bit in strength.

Sillage starts soft and goes moderate to heavy as the scent progresses, longevity is moderate.

In combination with the green galbanum, this floral mix smells like spring and actually does remind me of the smell of hyacinths, but never does get close to the actual flower on my skin. I do like this scent, spring flowers in a bottle. I don't get any incense at all and the amber does not appear until after the opening. I probably won't be wearing this due to a sharp note underneath (probably the incense that doesn't work on my skin). If you like big florals, give this one a try. Don't overspray, this one's a grower!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I do enjoy this one almost as much as "Cuir Impertinent". This creation reminds me very much of "Cristalle" by CHANEL, albeit this one is harsher, greener and more screechy than the former that is a definite classic and much more creamy, powdery in the drydown.

If you like the slightly medicinal (bitter) green note of broken tulip stems, you will like this!

Not ground-breakingly new but rather good!

7/10. A green floral, crisp bomb that will surely wake you up in the morning!!

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Thanks for the sample MSTD! This is an old school green floral. There's not a lot else going on - the oud and amber escape me, but I do like it. It reminds me of something else that's buried in the dark recesses of my memory - I can't quite put my finger on it. I don't know what perfume Joan Crawford wore, but I can imagine her rocking this. It is a fragrance for a strong, self assured woman. To me, it has shades of Organza. Not for the younger crowd methinks. Great lasting power and projection.

Calvini
Calvini

It's an amazing interpretation of hyacinth; it's sharp and green-floral, yet slightly warm and sweet underneath.
I guess the oud was used in a similar fashion as Tom Ford's Plum Japonai with tart bitterness (as opposed to the resinous animalic woody complexion that's instantly recognizable).
Unfortunately the semisweet floral tone slowly fades away, making it less desirable as time passes.

*The website changed it to hyacinth, amber, and incense by the way :o

Also, I think the name would've been a lot catchier if it was "Supra Flora“

alex193
alex193

This is everything I wanted Alien Essence Absolue to be. The floral is pleasantly pungent, with a sourness that could categorize this as a "dirty floral". It's warm, heady, a little funky, and pretty glorious. I can't really recall the natural fragrance of Hyacinth, so I can't comment on if I believe this to be an accurate rendition, but I can maybe tell you what it DOESN'T smell like - I get zero jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, or rose. No creaminess. I'm not getting patchouli either. As far as I can tell, this is a unique fragrance.

Drydown - much tamer in the drydown, a bit more sweet and less sour, and the amber comes out a bit sweeter. Lovely to catch a whiff of. I'm getting a similar hyacinth to Gres Cabotine in the drydown, but much smoother in Supra Floral, and less complex. I really enjoy this frag, but try before you buy!

weegee
weegee

A lovely member has given me the opportunity to try this expensive elixir and I'm over the moon with gratitude.

Hyacinth, amber and oud are the official notes but my nose, which enjoys all three, detected only a cloud of choking white florals. What the...? I adore hyacinth & have many growing in my spring garden, and I sure as heck know what amber and oud smell like, but this... oh, my. I get the bitter underlying current of the ever-present Mugler patch and then begin to choke in the same way as when I expose my nose to too much gardenia &/or tuberose. My sample is unquestionably authentic, so what's going on here???

NOT a safe blind buy (even if you're rolling in money) and the ONLY Mugler I've ever had to scrub off. After just 5 minutes I truly had trouble breathing. How Mugler managed to alter hyacinth into this fragrance is beyond my comprehension.

matty64

By the by. If you look at the picture underneath the main accords, one of flacons juice is green. Supra Floral is the green juice!

matty64
This line is now on the Nordstrom's Website, 2.7 oz. flacon @ $225.00 + tax. I believe that Nordstrom's provides free shipping. I will have to smell and skin test each before I plunk out $240.75! Seriously!

I just received my samples from Quebec! Supra Floral is VERY green and grassy, right away it makes me think of Sisley Campagne, it is a chypre floral, more chypre than floral, the hyacinth comes loud and clear..I wonder if the aoud gives it that earthy grassy vibe..I expected more floral, in a prettier way..I think maybe a guy could pull it off,which is for me a big no no...not my cup of tea.
It is quite feminine after a while, although it keeps a bitter edge, and will have its appeal..
In the end after retrying my samples, I will add this is definitely feminine..

jovejove

Ingredients List; sourced from the official press book.

Oriental Express; Bergamot, sandalwood, vanilla, carrot core and carrot seeds.

Chyprissime; Bergamot, oak moss, cistus labdanum, patchouli and pear

Fougere Furieuse; Geranium, oak moss, bergamot, coumarin, amber and neroli

Supra Floral; Hyacinth, amber and oud.

Over the Musk; Musk and hibiscus seeds (ambrette seeds)

jovejove

It's composed of hyacinth, amber and oud

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Supra Floral fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Supra Floral, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Supra Floral by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Supra Floral by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.