Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

The Taste of Fragrance Alien Thierry Mugler for women

The Taste of Fragrance Alien Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

caramel
The Taste of Fragrance Alien Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Alien Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Alien Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Alien Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Thierry Mugler presents Taste of Fragrance (Le Gout du Parfum) in autumn 2011, a project that unites the world of perfumes and the world of gourmet cuisine and taste. Four fragrances of the house (Angel, Alien, A * Men and Womanity) are enriched with a gourmand note or "taste enhancer." Helene Darozze, one of the most famous French chefs, was asked to make recipes for Thierry Mugler treats. The recipes can be found at the official site.

The "extraterrestrial" and serene Alien (“Carnal sensuality”) fragrance composition made from woody notes, white amber and jasmine is enriched with sweet and salty buttery caramel. Available as 30 ml EDP.

Top notes: Sambac jasmine, caramel. Heart: cashmere, solar notes. Base: white amber.

Jasmine Caramel

Mirror Mirror Collection -  Miroir des Envies

The Taste of Fragrance Alien Fragrance Reviews

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

This is Divine!! Really sticks for days!! dark and rich, but at the same time airy and light. Works wonders in icy cold weather

sjam3295
sjam3295

This is just sinfully delicious. Sweet, buttery, creamy caramel cosying up to amber, lovely jasmine, all nicely tempered by the wood and the saltiness.

Yes, it's sweet, but I actually think it's beautifully balanced. I don't find it cloying, just deliciously yummy; a comfort food that's well-executed, like a Marco Pierre White version of a jam roly-poly.

smnicholas
smnicholas

This take on alien is remarkable.

I have been using alien for quiet a while, but this is truly a masterpiece.

That caramel note, really tones down that somewhat over whelming jasmine, and overall makes this perfume a lot creamier and somewhat softer.

I have heard a few people say that you can't smell the caramel, but on my skin it's all I can smell.

It's not a thick sticky caramel, it's a soft floraly cloud of caramel.
Like being in your own soft, sweet bubble.

Longevity is amazing, can still smell this quiet well after 8 hours.
Which is a lot longer then the original alien on me.

Total beast mode. But it really is amazing.
I will be sad when this flanker becomes impossible to find :(

galaxy86
galaxy86

This is an extraordinary perfume. I had an opportunity to sample it on my recent trip to sephora. And it was worth the long trip. Perfect combination of flowers and sweetness. It is not cloying. I would have drank this, if I could...

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

The notes and reviews of this sounded perfect, I was so excited when I got my sample. But it's just not for me. The Alien TOF is missing something I want, though it's well blended and rich and the sillage is definitely redolent of caramel.
Perhaps because the jasmine is too dominant? I am a freak for amber but the drydown is very light surprisingly so for such an intense beginning. I appreciate the lack of indoles as they can ruin a fragrance for me, but I don't get the interplay between the notes.
Even though this smells very good, it's not worthy of a FB for me.

dpepe6990
dpepe6990

Purchased as a blind buy based on reviews and love it! Received compliments on it but not from my fiancé yet. Not sure if his silence is because he doesn't care for it or hasn't noticed it. He is the one that I really want compliments on. Not that I mind others. I have so many fragrances though. Love this Alien better than original but I can definitely notice the similarity. Being a gourmand lover, this flanker suits me best. It has more of a vanilla base and that's why I love it better than original.

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

Definitely in my top 5 perfume, this one smells super good. It's so yummy, delicious, sexy, if you like Alien the original you should try this. The power lasting is nice too, it last 8+ hours on me, i still can smell it after taking bath.

XocoFlor
XocoFlor

I actually prefer to smell this perfume on others, rather than wear it myself. The caramel is very warm and gourmand, perfect for winter. However, I found that after some time it tended to make me a little nauseous. I guess it's a little too "sugary vanilla" for my taste. I ended up passing the perfume onto my mother, yet, whenever she has it on, I love it.

Sherrywijaya69
Sherrywijaya69

Very good indeed,this is better than alien,the caramel is very faint but the jasmine kinda gets less strong and its more woody than the old alien,its better than the old one but my absolute favorite is essence absolue

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

I want to love this, I really do. The jasmine in regular Alien gives me that purple grape effect also found in Poison which I cannot stand. I can appreciate it, but I absolutely cannot wear it. Taste of Fragrance Alien is way softer and creamier, thanks to the caramel, but the initial spray is way too metallic for me. I don't tend to like jasmine as a prominent note and I just wish it would go away in this fragrance. I love the drydown, it has plenty of amber and isn't sharp or cloying like the opening. Unfortunately, I find that as it settles on my skin, this Alien is weirdly light and has pretty poor longevity and sillage. I'm glad I only have a sample because while this is pretty, I wouldn't splurge for a full bottle.

polly golightly
polly golightly

edizione limitata che fa parte di un progetto in cui gusto e odore dovrebbero unirsi e potenziarsi. la nota di gelsomino, caratteristica del vecchio originale alien, è qui rafforzata da una potente ambra. il risultato è un complesso floreale duraturo e, alla lunga, per me insopportabile. gli accenni gourmand citati nella "ricetta" del profumo sono pressochè impercettibili.

Adiro
Adiro

Yummy chewy edible jasmine, really an alien ( super natural) taste! Very sweet, very addictive, intoxicating! Also, strong and long lasting headache in a bottle, but I don't care, because I love it too much! Good thing I buy Advil in Costco size!

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

This weekend I had a chance to sample the original scent and though similar this flanker and the original Alien are truly different. The salted caramel and cashmere makes A Taste of Fragrance of Alien a much sweeter juice. It is splendorous golden concoction of yumminess. I liked the original in that the initial blast of Jasmine is not clotted by the sweetness of the caramel. Also, since the caramel is missing it allows the woody and amber tones to develop more.

The Taste of Fragrance Alien is fabulous in that the caramel layers and maintains present throughout the day, basically surrendering the cashmere and amber tones to remain in the background. There is something sexy about this scent in that it makes me feel almost edible and irresistible. If you like Alien but would like it to be more tame and sweet than this is the way to go.

Longevity is superb
Sillage is moderate

almarie
almarie

I simply love Alien and all of it's flankers, so it stands to reason that I would adore this one as well.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I am NOT a fan of Alien or practically any of the TM fragrances, BUT REALLY LIKE THIS ONE! It's a little to strong and heavy for my tastes, but I still want it and would wear it on occasion. Just not something I would wear daily.

It starts of with a warm cashmere and caramel scent with HUGE sillage. The strongness of it lasts about 4-5 hours!!!! The cashmere and jasmine are VERY prominent on my skin and smells slightly similar to a glade cashmere air freshener that my mother has in her kitchen. However, it still has the sweet caramels playing in the background slowly developing more and more as time goes by. The further time goes on the more and more prominent the caramel becomes.

This fragrance lasts about 10 hours on me and is a sillage monster! But in such a good way!

Lola_a
Lola_a

ok, so I just got this from fragrance.net, smells great, I have quite a few variations of alien, it's my fav scent. I'm worried it might be a fake though, can anyone help me out? the box was still wrapped in cellophane, but there were small rips in the cardboard on the inside where one might grab it to open it, and the sticker on the bottom doesn't have the same font as all of my other bottles. Can anyone confirm this for me and put my mind at ease?

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Ok, so I've never been a fan of Thierry Mugler fragrances. As much as I love heavy scents I've always found these a bit sickly sweet (except Womanity, which I don't mind - in fact, maybe even like). I ordered a sample of this one and yes, the super sweetness is definately there. I did get a brief appearance of caramel followed by amber and some jasmine in there too. However, there is something plasticy about the dry down. I wouldn't say I dislike this, but after my sample is gone (probably take a few days - this stuff is powerful!) I won't be going all out for a big bottle.

Kombi1973
Kombi1973

Alien really opened my eyes to perfumes beyond the fruity floral category and after reading the reviews here for Alien Taste of Fragrance, I knew I had to have it. Thank goodness for Fragrance.Net as I live in Australia and couldn't find it anywhere!

It is as beautiful as it sounds. Where Alien is the bright, bold wild child, Alien ToF is the calmer and more elegant sister. This is an Alien I can wear during the day without feeling brash.

The Jasmine is still strong but is coupled with a fragrance my nose interprets as a creamy hint of vanilla. I'm not sure I would pick salted caramel as the addition but it is definately as smooth and sensual as one would expect.

All in all, Alien ToF makes my whole day sweeter and I would not hesitate to recommend this to a fan of Alien.

freddinos
freddinos

To my -untrained- nose, Alien the taste of Fragrance is almost identical to Alien. I did not get the salted caramel accord at all. Maybe it is a bit smoother, but it would be very difficult for me to tell them apart. Its drydown is my favorite part, woody and intoxicating. The top synthetic 'jasmine' (in what universe does jasmine -or any other flower for that matter- smell like this? Maybe in the universe this alien is coming from lol!) I don't care for at all, but that's down to personal taste.

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

This might be one of my hardest reviews to give.
How do I explain this fragrance... I feel its so complex but simple at the same time.
At first spray It smelt extremely overpowering of jasmine and wood with a slight hint of caramel. I thought I made a mistake.
Then about 20 minutes later this turned into probably the best perfume I ever smelt.
This smells like a slightly mature sweet smell, I don't think this could be worn by young teens, way to sensual and womanly.
You can definitely smell the salty caramel soo intoxicating.
This lasted about 6 hours on me.
I can't get over how great this perfume smells

PS. has anyone noticed if the final dry down(leftover scents) smelt like chlorine on them??

adele l
adele l

Definitely instantly recognizable as the space jasmine Alien with out of this world sillage and longevity..very similar to the original with a sweet edge from the caramel.I'm thinking it may be redundant if you already own Alien though..blended very nicely with intense jasmine overriding everything of course!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I just received a sample of this and I already own a bottle of Alien Essence Absolue.
I'm now doing a wrist to wrist comparison between both, but I can hardly tell any difference... maybe I find ToF a tad bit 'sharper' than AEA.
Anyway, I think one of these two flankers would have been enough for TM to bring to the market. If you own one of these two, scentwise there's no need to own the other one as well... they're just too similar.

Evengelia
Evengelia

Mine arrived last night...i think ive slipped into a sweet sweet coma and havent woken since my first spray.

This brew is true to its name, Alien...this is out of this world.

Milky jasmine, its so devine its like sweet nectar. Its the unmistakable trademark of original Alien and then something very special happens...you get scooped up and thrown into a buttery creamy paradise where there is no escaping. Smelling it on my bare skin right now, as i inhale i cant help but close my eyes and grin.

Its alsmost twisted how then i get an unrecognisable woody something...but its way way behind everything, its lingering in the shadows of the jasmine and the oozing buttery toffee.

I can tell already this is going to last me the whole day, i have one spray on my wrist which was tapped onto the other and then behind my ears and one spray in my cleavege and it shows no signs of going anywhere. The sillage is perfect, not too much, but just enough to be complimented THREE times already and its not even 10am!

In love with an Alien...who would have thunk.

Redpula
Redpula

As a man admiring Alien, this Alien Taste of Fragrance is creamier, luscious, caramel goodness done right and this scent brings joy to me. I love it. I love how it projected a balmy-buttery feel while maintaining a moderate floral aroma. I was amazed that this concoction could be possible in perfume. Floral and caramel, impressive innovation from the classic Alien.

This is wearable by man and could be a next alternative from Alien Essence Absolue though I wonder how Alien Liqueur Parfum smells. But for now, I would keep on sniffing my skin while savoring this beautiful out of this world flanker. I do not get tired on smelling this Alien flanker. This one deserves an applause. Full bottle worthy for me.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

With the original Alien, I believe the jasmine notes are dominant on my skin. With The Taste of Fragrance Alien, I think the caramel notes bring out the amber notes a LOT more on my skin. I'm typically not a fan of too much amber (as it can smell too powdery or chemically on my skin most of the time), but it oddly works here once it dries down.

When the perfume dries down, it does smell slightly sweeter on me, but not too sweet. The amber with the sweetness definitely makes this a very warm fragrance, which is why I plan on reserving this for Fall and Winter wear. The jasmine notes are still present, but they are very toned down in this. The sandalwood is still present in this as well, and I think it helps the caramel and the amber from becoming suffocating.

I completely agree with other reviewers that this is a softer version of the original Alien. I still think I enjoy the original Alien more (I can't resist the milky jasmine), but I'd say that Taste of Fragrance is more "wearable." It's still a strong fragrance, don't get me wrong ... But it doesn't quite have that bite that the original does. I tend to reserve the original Alien for special occasions, but I think I can wear this flanker on more occasions.

If you're familiar with Thierry Mugler perfumes, then you know how strong they are. This is no exception. The sillage is impressive, and it will last the entire day. If you overdo this perfume, you might kill everyone in your path, haha. ;)

Overall, I love The Taste of Fragrance Alien, but it doesn't quite beat the original for me.

Germany
Germany

Love this one !
My favorite is alien essence now but this comes close after. It has a differ feel then essence. It's not as smooth. It's fresh but sweet -fresh. It's basically the same as the original but sweeter. So it still has the "bite " that alien has. The sharpness if you will. The sharpness along withe caramel note is good. It makes the fragrance sweet and fresh at the same time. Like a yummy sweet bubble bath with jasmine ! The caramel is more prominent in the dry down and makes this frag a gourmand. The sharpness leaves almost completely in the dry down.
Alien essence absolue is more rounded. Not as sharp and not as fresh. Creamier.
Both winners in my books!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Beautiful.For me it's definitely better version than edt which seems to be cold and bold. This one is very well composed, round and in general more wearable. It still have the base of edt while being more comfy and fluffy. Sweetened by caramel twisted with woody note. At the dry down i get creamy jasmine and vanilla which is not listed. But it can come from the caramel. Lasting power is not amazing on me, about 4 hours later i was left with barely noticeable traces on my skin. But since i love if from the beginning till the drydown reapplying is fine with me. Sillage is moderate to heavy. On my skin it depends on weather conditions, with warm sunny weather it projects much better.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I had similar experiences while testing the Taste of Fragrance Angel and Alien. When Alien hits the skin, I get a whiff of caramel. However, when I sniff my wrist, caramel has already disappeared and what left is the original Alien base. So that's it? That's all?

I was wrong once again.

That said, it's still very difficult to pick up a distinctive caramel note. However, leave it develop, I can definitely smell something salty and sweet envelopping the still recognizable Alien base. I totally agree that caramel here improves the texture more than just being another note added. I feel that in the original version, each note is distinctive, while in ToF, thanks to the caramel, they become mellow and more inviting.

If I'm to compare the original Alien, ToF and Essence Absolue, I'd say ToF is like seeing Alien through a caramel sheer. It's the same structure, but with different colour. EA to my nose, is the sweetest among the three and there's a change in the structure.

If you're drawn towards ToF thinking of Alien + a distinctive caramel note, I'm afraid this won't be the case, though after 10 hours the caramel seems to be more prominent compared to jasmin and amber. However, if you're looking for a less fierce Alien, it might live up to your expectation. The sillage is good and the longevity is more than 12h. Quality wise nothing bad to report.

bnporter81
bnporter81

Definitely a yummy, warm, inviting fragrance. It took me a little while to warm up to the original alien, but this took no time at all. I think I could sit and sniff my wrist all day long with this stuff...it's that addicting! :) My only issue is that the scent seems to fade after a few hours. I really wish it would stick around longer.

I really love the fragrance of leather, too! They smell similar except this one has just a bit of a sweeter scent to me.

mariellac82
mariellac82

This is prefeccion in a bottle!
stay for so long. I use this for special occasions

weasley
weasley

i have never experienced a perfume giving me so much joy and confidence. this is my perfume for the day i want to conquer the world. i love the original alien, but this one - it's on a planet of it's own! i love anything sweet, and this is really sweet and salty which is an amazing combination. and it lasts forever!

antfarm
antfarm

Highly disappointed in this one. I thought I'd love it from all the positive reviews and from the list of notes, but then I tried it on and it smells identical to Far & Away by Avon on me.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

I've been putting off this review for a few days as I wasn't sure just how to describe how much I love this fragrance. I mean how can you go wrong with jasmine/amber/caramel anyway right? Right.. well this is delightful.

The jasmine is especially beautiful, the amber is divine and the sweet and salty caramel is to die for. From top to bottom this fragrance is absolutely delicious. I love it and and sillage and longevity are very good.

I paid nearly $70 for the 30ml bottle here in Australia as it's not easy to find here, and bought it blind. I am SO glad I did. Yuuuummy!

prettyswag
prettyswag

this is not hard to get...fragrance.net sells it for 55.oo or so....its the bomb! love it!

newton904@hotmail.co.uk
newton904@hotmail.co.uk

I love this perfume. It is very strong and a little lasts a long time. Lots of caramel and popping through is Alien. It is really expensive and hard to get but work the money and effort. Probably best for evening wear.

LuckyTattoo
LuckyTattoo

My first impression...."Love's baby soft"? Oh goodness what have I done? Now, now Lucky...give it a chance. I'm so glad I did. This was a blind buy for me I just loved the note's and Jasmine is one of my favorite's plus I got a wicked deal on this beautiful little bottle so even if it wasn't love at least it would look good on my make up table. The sillage is quite large at first, definetly a one spray kind of perfume and lasted about 6-8 hours on my skin. Soft, sweet and cozy. Perfect for cool weather and I can see myself keeping this one in my perfume rotation into the spring.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is Alien but with the Sambac jasmine muted by the sweeter notes. It's levelled out and not as pungent as the original Alien.

When first sprayed this smells kinda plasticy and actually smells salty, I wouldn't say "caramel" as such...just sweeter...(for now).

The dry down is the main difference between this and the original, sweeeeet...this dries down vdery smooth and sweet and this is where the caramel is more prominent.

It's a more soft, wearable version of Alien. It's yummy! Both are amazing but this..as it's named..it the more Gourmand version.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This is a great perfume, just like my liqueur de parfum and the original alien, but they are soooo similar! I don't really get the caramel in this one. It's so faint that I can barely tell the difference between this one and the liqueur or the original. The essence absolue is nice because of the vanilla hint, which is more prominent than the caramel is in this one. I get the idea of doing lots of flankers, I just wish they were more different. Even Katie Puckrick said she can't really smell the caramel in this one, and I agree! Still a GORGEOUS perfume, and worth having. I would choose this over the original just because I hate purple and I think this bottle is more beautiful, but other than that, it's just Alien!

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Ok guys, listen to this! I have STRANGE skin! Or nose, don't know, maybe both.

I'll give you some background.
Blind buy here :-)
Wanted this bottle so much after reading the description. It was between ToF and Essence Absolue. ToF won, because it cost less.

Bottle arrived, first spray, WONDERFUL! Wow, the nighty, mighty jasmine, the toffee, the salty and warm juicy topnotes.
I hate fresh top notes, ToF has nothing harsh or fresh in them, thankfully.
Projection - massive and lovely.
3 hours later, smell is still strong, it smells like fudge from my wrists where I'm sitting and typing. But here is the strange part. Up close, the smell is of.... NIVEA... the original, blue tin box Nivea, only magnified about 10 times

It is not what I expected, but it's just frickin fabulous. It's not a gourmand, it's the coziest, most innocent smell I could have ever imagined. It smells like my childhood.

Well done to the house of Mugler. 5/5 overall actually!

Edit: Ok, this is now the second day I'm wearing ToF. Today it smells like I've bathed in Vanilla showergel, put Nivea cream on my skin and then rubbed some caramel syrup on top. OMG, this gets better and better!!!

NancyQuo
NancyQuo

I tried yesterday for second time and I think this version of Alien is the most incredible fragrance I've ever tried by Thierry Mugler. I have Angel and Alien but this one is better I need to smell again and again, Probably I come back for buying it!!

Blimunda
Blimunda

This is the original Alien which was dropped into honey jar! I like this version the most so far as I don’t get any more that prominent (sour) jasmine note like it used to be in the Violet one. Instead of that, this is the sweetest, sinful pleasure made of honey, amber and only a couple of white jasmine petals. I am amazed how Mugler managed to create such a sweet perfume without making it gourmand and sticky. Its aura is wide, strong and keeps swirling around you unstoppably! I don’t smell caramel notes until it comes to dry down.

All in all, I’m insanely in love with it and so desperate for it being a limited edition. It’s such an injustice!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

TOP NOTES has the same DNA as alien edp but the dry down is amazing...warm ..cozy..caramel...i prefer this over the original alien ..

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

OMG, this is a decadent treat in a bottle that definitely would not feature on a Weight Watcher's menu. I am going to hunt down every last bottle and horde this stuff! I'm not a super gourmand fan but this, my SL's Five O'clock, KM's Loukhoum Pouderee and CSP's Vanille Extreme, definitely are firm favourites. There's sweet dark toffee straight up and all the way into the drydown. Not so sweet and cloying like Pink Sugar thankfully but a beautiful rich, calorie fest all the same. I didn't get the jasmine till the drydown but I think it was more because my nose was overwhelmed by the caramel and it took time for me to assimilate the other notes. Amber and some woody notes round this off beautifully and I have to say I am in thrall of this gorgeous, absolutely delicious scent (although I was rather iffy about the original). Whoever wanted to try this please do so ASAP, as I promise to snap up whatever bottles are lying around and pray somehow that they will last as long as my amour for them does!
I forgot to add that this stuff is super potent like other reviewers have kindly warned beforehand, do not use with a liberal hand unless you want an entire crowd of dessert lovers panting around you. Longevity more than 12 hours for me, another great plus point, but TM has yet to fail me on that score yet!

Babygia
Babygia

This is very uncommon caramell- jasmine scent. Such fragrances tends swiftly to be too sweet and cloying- but not so this one. The salty note gives here depth and smoothness, the other Caramell Gourmands lacks, strucking by the "too much tooth-aching" sweetness.
Velvety jasmine,embracing and caressing.
I`m so in love!!!!
But-warning- use cautiously and with care- then despite smoothness this is very strong fragrance -more than a few drops could cause the asphyxia in your nearest environment! ;))

beaker90
beaker90

Two days in a row I've worn Alien EDP on one wrist and Alien Taste on the other. It's amazing how skin chemistry can produce such different results on everyone. For me, Alien Taste is the original Alien with a saltier opening, a warmer finish, greater longevity and somewhat reduced sillage. I don't actually get much in the way of caramel from this - in fact, I find Alien Essense Absolue to be sweeter.

Thanks to the salt and the more conservative sillage, I feel comfortable wearing Taste in warm weather. An option always appreciated in the South.

Kamaty
Kamaty

My first impression is very,very,very similar to original Alien just a little bit more sweet.
I was imagine that is more caramelish...but is weak... Is not strong as Angel Liquer that is divine... I'm desapointed with soft gourmand and soft sillage.
Is nice but if you have Alien Sunessence you don't need this. :(

margaret.tolliver
margaret.tolliver

I would like to first thank all of you perfume lovers and burgeoning perfume copy writers/reviewers for your descriptive, entertaining, and informative reviews. Based on your sentiments, I bought a relatively affordable bottle and I adore it. I absolutely love it. Although I already own enough frags to rival any department store counter I continue to buy them. Yummy!

kikinha
kikinha

Different from the original Allien that's for sure. Sweet and intoxicating without the overwhelming Jasmine. Creamy and sweet but not overpowering. After a while, the caramel will fade, but a lovely fragrance remains, even without the caramel. The jasmine is more apparent now, but not like in the original Alien. Blind buy and I love it!

Takhaet
Takhaet

I never thought I could say this about Alien but ...it is absolutely heavenly !

I don't like the original Alien simply because of too much jasmin in it ...way too much and it is giving me a headache .

But this version has really wowed me . I am a big fan of this one - I can still smell jasmin but it's nicely toned down with a hint of cashmere wood and caramel- I can't say I smell caramel but it is something definitely buttery and smooth that makes the jasmin note the best jasmin I have ever come across with . I also love the bottle - totally different and out of this world but I am guessing this is exactly what TM had in mind creating this alien scent......

As of now this is one of my favourites and already own the whole bottle. Can't resist the temptation!

Kione
Kione

I am not very good with notes and I do not smell the salty caramel, but this is my experience:
I was in two minds as to buy Angel Taste of Fragrance or Alien Taste of Fragrance (also Womanity ToF, but I haven't got a sample of it yet) having the originals and being very curious about these versions.
I am a big fan of thse three in different levels. With Angel I found that I am completely satisfied, ToF brought a fun change, but for me Angel needn't changing.
With Alien is a different story, I am a big fan but I do find it cloying and a bit screechy, I love to wear it on nights out but it didn't 100% hit the spot for me. This is when Alien Taste of Fragrance comes into play. Its much softer and creamier version of Alien, and to me these changes have completed the original. Its the Alien for the ones that find the original, too loud, too jasmine or too screechy.
And deffinitely for me. It will be my reward for passing my drving test. Fingers crossed!

Edit: And I passed!!! :D mmm... Alien ToF, can't wait to get my hands in you!

sweetgirl

love this....dug out my bottle and put this on before bed....when i got into bed...my bf couldnt keep his hands off me ...such a sexy gem of a scent...a lil bit goes a long way...alluring..carmel buttery yummy scent!

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

How I love the concept of LE GOÛT DU PARFUM. I do not understand why no one has thought of this before, after all, it's no secret our senses of smell and taste are closely connected.
I love the black boxes with the tasty looking pictures on the front. And I especially love the little text on the side which warns: DO NOT DRINK :)

ALIEN LE GOÛT DU PARFUM is great. It's so soft and gentle, but it still has all the wild and mysterious aspects of the original, only wrapped in a soft, buttery caramel.
The bottle is very cute in it's owly shape (really, it looks exactly like a little owl, just like the 30 ml original looks like a pinguin). But beware, the juice is a caramellike color and it might actually color very fair skin (like mine).

The fragrance opens with the familiar blast of sharp, sweet, slightly boozy jasmine that I came to love so much. It is not as overpowering as in the original though and it doesn't last as long.
(I've approached this fragrance with an open mind, but it IS a flanker, so I WILL compare it to the original one)
Then the caramel joins in. It's rich and thick. And it does what it says. It makes my mouth water, not as much as WOMANITY LGDP does, but still.
The caramel coats the cashmerans woody notes in a thick onctuous layer. It seems like it can not decide whether it's a creamy, milky caramel or the clear caramel you get when melting butter and sugar together.
One thing's certain: the caramel is liquid and hot, nearly burning. I do get the salty note. It's not very prominent, but it enhances the sweetness of the caramel, makes it infinetly tasty.
The cashmeran in the middle keeps the fragrance from becoming overly sweet or tasty. It's such a dry note that it stops the water getting into my mouth.
But when ALIEN LGDP approaches the final vanilla-amber stage, the caramel reaches it's full glory. It blends so well with the golden amber and creates the most glorious yet comforting scent. I simply can't stop sniffing my wrist. Here, in this final stage, the caramel is where it belongs. It's as if it makes a journey through the fragrance, teaming up with both the jasmine and the cashmeran, which ends up in very interesting and sparkling or slightly dusty and disturbing combo's. But now the caramel has found it's match.

ALIEN LGDP is not as loud as the original, like many have stated before, but I think it has all the elements of the original, all very recognisable underneath the layer of caramel.
It's a gorgeous fragrance, great for winter, and because it's softer then the original, it can be sprayed with a little less care :)
But then again, the bottle is way to small to just spray away.

The Taste of Fragrance Alien features salty, buttery caramel in all its glory. It's one of those pleasant and wearable gourmands, so no need to run and hide in fear of being involved in a food fight. Actually, I quite like the concept behind this flanker series.

There are still aspects of this fragrance that are very Alien-ish, obviously with an added sugary sweetness. The composition is in turn a lot richer and less floral. I think I prefer this flanker over the original to be honest. It sits on my skin a lot better, and wears incredibly well in the cooler seasons.

Initially I found The Taste of Fragrance Alien very difficult to fault. It opened beautifully with smooth, buttery caramel, sweet jasmine and a hint of musky vanilla. The blend successfully makes me feel hungry, and also strangely sexy, which brings a new sensation into the mix. I loved how The Candy Perfume Boy put it on his blog, "The use of caramel isn’t just a note here, it’s used as a texture". For the first two hours of wear, I was absolutely loving this.

The drydown is less biting than the opening, settling into a warm, musky vanilla which is unfortunately somewhat lacking in projection. Good news for those that like their fragrances soft, bad news for those that don't.

Seeming that the original Alien didn't work for me, I consider The Taste of Fragrance Alien a step up, essentially new and improved. Had this fragrance lasted just that little bit longer, the rating I would have given this fragrance would be off the chart. Unfortunately it makes me hesitate in buying a bottle, and that's never a good sign.

At least the scent matched my expectations, in fact it may have exceeded it. This is one Alien flanker that should be more than a limited edition.

sweetgirl

love this....sweet, very light carmely undertone...but drys down to the original nice sexy alien

Kain
Kain

A have a sample of this fragrance and put it on my skin last night just for fun.
The opening of this fragrance is strong and so sweet caramel note. it's warm and sweet and really in your face!
So please easy with the sprayer and try to avoid the neck area as much as you can!
It's so sweet but yummy!
In the drydown the caramel note settle down, then amber kick in and give this fragrance a very sensual aroma.
The floral note exist but it's really muted in the background, so If you're a man and you got a sweet tooth, go for it. it's not a feminine floral fragrance and you can rock this too!!! :d
Projection is monster and longevity in very good.
Definitely for winter and cold fall nights.
اين يه عطر زنانه هست كه من يه سمپل كوچيك ازش داشتم و ديشب همينجوري محض خنده ازش استفاده كردم
رايحه اوليه اين عطر رايحه بسيار شيرين و قوي كارامل هست
شيريني رايحه اون بسيار زياده. پيشنهاد ميكنم نهايت يك اسپري روي گردن استفاده كنين و دو تاي ديگه هم روي مچ دست ها. بيشتر نزنين وگرنه اول خودتون و بعد اطرافيان رو گوز پيچ كردين رفته پي كارش
در ادامه بوي كارامل ضعيفتر ميشه و شيريني عطر كمتر و بالانس ميشه. رايحه عنبر هم در ادامه به رايحه ها اضافه ميشه كه تركيب شيرين و بسيار دلپذير و تحريك كننده اي رو ايجاد ميكنن
با اينكه اين عطر زنانه هست اما رايحه گلها تو اين عطر به مقدار خيلي ناچيز وجود داره و اگه به عنوان يه مرد از عطرهاي شيرين خوشتون مياد راحت ميتونين ازش استفاده كنين
پخش بوش خيلي خيلي زياده و ماندگاري خيلي خوبي داره
در ضمن فقط تو زمستون يا شبهاي پاييز ازش استفاده كنين. تو بهار و تابستون اصلا سمتش نرين

Bebette
Bebette

Torn between the Alien flankers "Taste of Fragrance" and "Liqueur de Parfum" I ordered both and will review them both here! I figured I love Alien EdP so much and as these are Limited Edition EdP I better purchase them before they both disappear.

First I ordered the "Taste of Fragrance" and fell in love instantly! The original Alien was still there, though as if it had been dipped in warm, gooey caramel and covered in sea salt. If you have ever tried Starbucks' "Salted Caramel Mocha" then you know exactly how it smells! When the SB barista explained that the sea salt actually made the mocha and caramel sweeter in contrast it sounded funny until I tried it and then I completely understood! This is exactly the same with ToF! The florals are there until the end, from first spritz until several hours later when they finally take a seat for the soft, chilled caramel dry down. It basically took the original Alien and made it more innocent and approachable. The sillage and lasting power of this is equal to the original EdP 10/10, especially on clothing!

Next, I ordered "Liqueur de Parfum" and was unsure what to expect. I was a bartender for years and the LAST thing I wanted to do was walk around in Florida's heat smelling of a bottle of rum! After lots of inner debate on whether to try it or to order a second bottle of ToF I gave in to curiosity. Luckily, this cat didn't get killed! Upon first spritz (and myself being over-eager) it was rum overload! I'm talking a straight kick to the nose by Captain Morgan Spiced Rum! In disbelief, I sniffed it again 10 seconds later and it was gone already. Behind the rum top note was again my original Alien, this time deeper, darker, and also gourmand. The beautiful flowers were not destroyed in the aging process after all but elegantly matured. There is a slight spice to it and it is indeed refreshing but no one would associate it with rum unless you told them what it is. Again, sillage and lasting power are a 10/10.

Overall, I love them both very much and if I had to choose only one I wouldn't be able to! It makes me sad that they won't be around forever, but knowing Thierry Mugler, he will be sure to win over my heart in his upcoming releases!

redrose
redrose

as I am in love with Alien I should love this version too............but......sadly I dont like it. Its to peppery to me(but there is no pepper).....no idea why cant ware it,its something in this fragrance what makes me dislike it,sorry

skeleton
skeleton

I really, really would like to try this one and I hope it will be sold around where I live soon. I do love original alien but it's a little bit too floral for me, so my hopes are that this one is just perfect.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This Alien makes my mouth water! I think that was the point. It starts off like the regular alien, but with a touch of salty buttered caramel, like a popcorn I think! It is very smooth, and the caramel brings out a jasmine that is good enough to eat. In one word irristable! I Love it!!! Too bad the bottle is tiny and it is so expensive. Oh well, like all things in life you gotta pay for all the good stuff. I still prefer the Alien de Liqueur de parfum for it is by far my favorite Alien, but this comes pretty close and in a good way.

Arome Sara
Arome Sara

This limited version will possibly appeal to those who do not have that much of jasmine in the classic Alien . This version is definitely very interesting (I've also heard comparisons and similarities to the version of the Alien liquer but unfortunately I do not know). This version, however, is somewhat airier than the classics, anyway this is a gourmet's Alien, the smell is very smooth, warm amber, really as if it were butter caramel. The most beautiful skin and spread over this period cooler is perfect. power life is excellent, has great sillage fragrance and I would say that there is no problem with it and reap quite a few compliments.

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

this stuff is f***** gorgeous!!!!!
there is not much more i can say what others havent already, but in my opinion the best alien flanker out there!!!! yes... just sheer, pure awesomeness!!! ^^

nicenspice
nicenspice

Received my tester of Alien TTOF this morning and applied it at around 11am and went to work.

Topnotes are immaterial to me..they're no indication of the perfume's true aroma and never last more than 15 mins anyway,so I'll skip that.

The main aroma (15 mins-4 hours) is tea-like to my nose (although nothing in the notes listed indicates this).
Also,Alien TTOF has a multi-personality;one minute you get a warm envelopment of caramel and tea,the next it's a sock in the jaw of overpowering jasmine.
This two-pronged nature makes it at once extremely interesting and unique,and at the same time slightly annoying.
The drydown,after 4 or 5 hours(longevity and projection are excellent.Typical of Thierry Mugler)
is low key vanilla and a slight hint of aniseed.

I think I like it a lot,but,infuriatingly,I'm not sure I like it at all..If that makes sense.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This is very breezy for an oriental woody! I must say that I am not typically a jasmine-lover, but I love this perfume!!!

The cashmere wood and solar notes keep the fragrance dry and airy on my skin, and the caramel and white amber balance the jasmine beautifully, so that the jasmine doesn't completely take over the composition.

The sillage is impressive off one tiny spray! Yet, I don't feel I'm "smelling my own perfume". Instead, I feel I am breathing in a happy childhood memory, or a sunny state of mind.

I can't wear the original Alien, which I found sticky and suffocating, and I optimistically tried nearly all of the flankers without much success, but this one is just PERFECT! Definitely a must-have!!

c3c
c3c

It seems that how the taste of Alien smells for you is really dependent on your skin chemistry. Alien and Alien liqueur both smelled the same on me, my skin brings out a spicy peppery quality in them that makes them hard to enjoy. Dispite this I decided to try the "taste of" version hoping it might work better on me, and I'm glad I did. I get a pleasant blend of sweet caramel and jasmine.
I still get the spicy pepper quality, but only briefly at the opening. The caramel is noticeable throughout making it much smoother and more enjoyable than the original, at least for me. So try before you decide. For me this is a much better option than the original was.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Hy
Lovely perfume , lovely bottle too .
To my nose this perfume is almost like the original Alien edp , but with a hint of caramel . It's Alien caramelized . Long lasting . Positive vote ++ .

ralucucky
ralucucky

This is a wonderful perfume!!! Long lasting, unique smell, more buttery than the original version. You will receive lots of compliments (I know I did).

orchid_84
orchid_84

I find this very similar to Alien Liquer de Parfum, which is already one of my absolute favorites. This one is sweeter though with the addition of caramel, which is present from the top to bottom of this fragrance. It is also a bit more smoothed out and linear compared to Liquer. You get the same intense jasmine, and that ethereal, strange undertone that you get with the Alien series in general. But this one is slightly more candied and subdued compared to Liquer. It’s not candy-ish in a cloying, annoying way - but it IS thick, sweet, and indulgent in a delicious way. I don’t get any saltiness, despite the description saying that the caramel is “sweet and salty.” Overall, this is a luscious, beautiful, statement-making fragrance, in keeping with the whole Alien series.

One thing that makes me love Liquer just that little bit more is its woody, drier base. In Alien Taste, the smooth caramel and jasmine stay around and the woodiness just doesn't develop on my skin like it does in Liquer. Not surprisingly, Alien Taste is more gourmand overall. If I didn't already have a bottle of Liquer, or if it wasn't so similar to Alien Taste I would definitely be buying a bottle of this new edition.

Raina
Raina

I was originally going to blind buy this, but now I'm so glad I didn't. While Thierry Mugler is a wonderful perfumer, his fragrances are not for me. That does not mean I cannot appreciate them, just that I wouldn't want to apply them to my body. They do not work with my chemistry.

That being said, I really wanted to love this. I smelled the Angel Taste of Fragrance edition and it was very obvious that it was true to description as cocoa was extremely dominant. I had hoped that would be the case for the "sweet and salty buttered caramel" note added to this, and I disregarded the reviews that said this smelled the same as the original.

Sadly, they were right.

This smells exactly like the original, just slightly smoother. That's it. And even the smoothness is rather hard to really notice unless you're smelling for it. There's hide nor hair of caramel anywhere. I just don't get it! Where is it? Where is this stunning rich sweetness that people are raving about??? Not in this bottle, that's for sure.

So, a big disappointment for me. Perhaps it comes out more on a different skin chemistry than mine or something, but even when I tested it on paper there's no caramel in evidence.

The bottle, however, is stunning. If I were a complete snob I'd buy this just to own the bottle and set it out on my vanity. It's so pretty it almost makes me sad that I'm not.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I was very intrigued about this one I was going to blind buy, luckily I didn´t.. I thought I wasn´t going to find this in my country, but actually it is avaiable here I almost had a heart-attack when I saw it lool I put it in my wirst and I really didn´t like it.. Then after a while I kind like, it definettly has thierry mugler hand on it, I mean all thierry mugler I own, tried,notest that this is fom him.. Even if I don´t know i I smell any fragrance on somoane else I can detect all fragrances from him, but returning of the taste of fragrance, it´s nothing special, I really want this in my collection, but I would never buy it.. It costs more than 70eur in my country for a 30ml bottle c´mon this is insane!! But I´m glad I tested it :)
It has a very good sillage and longetivity, like all perfumes from T.M I know..

Mmmmm...this IS tasty! I like the original Alien, but I would never buy it. The jasmine is too much for me. I'm not into strong florals.

At first this just smelled like jasmine. But as each minute passed, I could smell a warm, smooth, buttery homemade caramel developing on my skin. It also reminded me a bit of Brach's butterscotch hard candy.

In my area, chocolatiers are making all kinds of "scented" caramels--jasmine, lavender, bergamot. This perfume is definitely gourmand and reminds me a lot of those expensive caramels.

It's luscious. So luscious. Can't think of anything else to add.

Except for the fact that I bought the last bottle...and the salesperson told me they will not be getting another delivery, EVER! My lucky day. If you see it, hurry up and snag it before it's GONE.

leenie1989
leenie1989

I am in love with this perfume!

For anyone who finds the jasmine of the original Alien too 'screechy' or harsh, this is for you. Still very much all about the jasmine, but the caramel notes balance this and transform it into something much creamier and softer. An intoxicating scent, my nose becomes glued to my wrist when I wear it, you will want to sniff it more and more! The drydown is stunning, the buttery caramel and the amber really come to the fore. Sillage is great, longevity is out of this world. My new favourite!

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

I definitely smell the amber and caramel on me...yum! The caramel lingers on my skin for about 4 hours. Sadly, I don't think it last much longer than that. This one is still a winner though! The first Alien was a bit too strong for me, but this one is perfect!

EDIT - It's the end of the work day, and I can still smell a hint of sweetness on my wrist :)

thanks!
i can't decide what to buy, alien (with caramel) or angel (with cocoa), i like them both...

florabella
florabella

This is a very long lasting fragrance on me, at least 6hrs on my skin and getting compliments on it well into the dry down. Go for it, you will love it!

albertina08

can anyone please tell me if this caramel Alien lasts on skin as much as the original Alien? I mean, is it persistent?
the original Alien last on skin all day long and it is very intense, is this one the same?

mara_g
mara_g

Even better than the original, creamier , rounder , smoother with a lovely caramel note. Just fantastic!

singlemalt
singlemalt

Anyone who thinks this will smell very different from the original Alien--think again. It is very much jasmine. ALL the way through. It is not the 'fecal' jasmine that I smell in other perfumes, but it is not the 'star' jasmine or confederate jasmine that I truly enjoy. Star jasmine is apparently a not true jasmine. Nonetheless I enjoy this. Potent. One spray on the wrist, one spray one the chest or hairline. The dry down, to me, seems powdery. The caramel, while there is not overpowering-this is not Prada Candyland. Amber-only if it grows on a jasmine bush. But a different take on jasmine and well worth at least a sniff. Mugler does turn mainstream on its head. And this is the one Mugler for my wardrobe. Kudos, sir.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I personally think its just like the Liqueur edition he made. Its a bit softer and creamyer. I didnt get the caramel thats listed. Its a soft, creamy and lighter version of Alien for those who find the orginal to heavy. Its not just a scent for fall or winter but to wear all year round. I like it.

Edit;
I have worn this for a few times and i must say when it setlles down its really creamy buttery and its so much softer than its original. When i was shopping i constantly get a whiff of this gorgeous perfume and i was really enyoing it. I spritzt it on at 6.00 this morning and at 12.00 its still present. You do not have to apply again. Its worth its money. So im learning that when you have a new botlle of perfum, wear it a few times before i write a revieuw. I might just buy a backup, why did he make this a limited edition? It should be available at all times.

Cams
Cams

Hey Caydesugar - it's a limited edition and it's amazing! It's a must try.

duskangel101

Ok, I just tied this on my skin for the first time after getting a sample at Nordstrom. It's pretty much just like the original Alien, but there's something weirdly synthetic in it that I can't quite make out. But it could just be me, so I'll try it again later I guess.

Update: tried it again this morning, the synthetic plasticy scent is still there; however, I was able to explore the further stages of thisd fragrance. After several hours, the jasmin fades and I was able to smell a faint sweet scent. I couldn't specifically detect salted caramel; the sweetness may just as well have beeen vanilla. But the sweetness is still very warm and not bad at all. It becomes very weak after a while, but it's not that bad after the weird thing fades away.

passionata20
passionata20

I must admit that i am really loving the whole new rank of Mugler´s fragrances "the taste of perfume".
I don´t really like original "Alien" that much that i would buy a bottle for myself, but this one is heavenly (or should i say alienly) good! Way much softer than the original and really deep. Really gourmand and among all others has THE best sillage and longevity! Can´t stop sniffing and enjoying it! Yes, it is still quite similar to the original one, but i repeat, much softer and at the same time deeper one. Just why couldn´t they make a bigger bottle indeed? But beware, i think it might stain your white clothes, since it added colour to the paper blot.
Heavenly Alien!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

WOOOW I LOVE IT!!!! I normally never buy flankers but this one... I decided to give it a try. On paper, it just smells like Alien... but on the skin... it smells heavenly: Alien jasmine with caramel.. OMG this is sooo wonderful. Sexy and warm, very nice for the wintertime.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I like it very much (also the regular Alien), it is delicious, as promised but also displays some floral jasmin notes which I like as well.

Very longlasting and with a wonderful drydown into an ambery, sweet finish this is something I can recommend you if you like gourmands. People with a preference for herbal, bitter or chypre scents should stay away from Mugler´s fragrances anyway :-)

Get your hands on a bottle if you can as this stuff is coveted. Here in my country already two well-known online dealers have run out of it.

sfsassy
sfsassy

I wanted to do a blind buy of this on the TM website, but when I went into Nordies today it was out to test.
IT IS AMAZING. I bought it on the spot. It's like salty caramel Alien. Very nice. My fave of the new line.

The only down point is the small 1oz bottle. You can get the mens Amen (with peppers) in their 3.4oz bottle of the same price. But it really did not matter. This perfume was worth it. Plus it's a LE and not everyone will have it/wear it. Gotta love that.

BIG
BIG

the opening is full on Jasmine, but the dry-down takes away the floral overdose and leaves a serene and velvety trail. I think i like it! And the bottle is so exquisite!

ritacatita
ritacatita

As first notes, the characteristic Jasmine blast appears along with a shy caramel. He stays shy and then gently, he made is growing golden entrance until he reaches the dry down and stays there, warm and divine!

duskangel101

I notice that people find this version similar to the Liqueur de Parfum. I haven't tried neither of them but I'm thinking of buying one of them. Can someone who had smelled both give me a tip on which one, if either, I should choose? I have the original already, if that's relevant.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin' disappointed in this! I had to blind buy this one and the Womanity because not one of the stores had testers. Smells EXACTLY like the first one only softer. I don't smell any caramel. Only a Jasmine bomb.

**Update** OK, warming up to this now. If I do a deep smell it does smell different. I'm starting to like this now!

onlineallday
onlineallday

Such a small bottle. It smells nice. It's creamier too, but the jasmine gets a bit plasticky for a short peroid of time. That's all I can say because I have Womanity on the other wrist and it's overpowering everything else I have on. :(

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I am OBSESSED too!! This version is AMAZING! So well done...the caramel makes it Alien gourmand. The caramel softens the Alien just so....it is gorgeous! Much better than the caramel note in Prada Candy. This is far superior. I will have it!!!

jonr951
jonr951

I'm OBSESSED with this one at the moment! I have to have it! : )

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

The best smooth and silky creme brulee translated in perfume. The fact that it is a limited edition makes our love to be very intense and irresponsible.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

I was dying in anticipation for fragrantica to add this one. I've had this perfume for almost a month now. I have grown to love this more on every application and am having guilty thoughts of going to purchase a back up bottle.
First spray has the same strange purple jasmine quality that quickly warms to this special brittle toffee accord. sweet savory saltiness plays up the jasmine and allows the amber to its heavenly richness but elevated due to the newly mentioned buttery side of the caramel. at one point the alien is almost lost in this sweet almost vanillic side but reemerges in it's woody resinous samblanc drydown. It is absolutely special in its own right. Some may be wary of this ones sweet nature. For me it is more than saved by how richly it all comes together and still balances out familiar with innovation.

The Taste of Fragrance Alien by Thierry Mugler 4.41 out of 5 based on 416 ratings and 93 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler The Taste of Fragrance Alien fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler The Taste of Fragrance Alien, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Taste of Fragrance Alien by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Taste of Fragrance Alien by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.