Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

cacao
caramel
The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Thierry Mugler presents Taste of Fragrance (Le Gout du Parfum) in autumn 2011, a project that unites the world of perfumes and the world of gourmet cuisine and taste. Four fragrances of the house (Angel, Alien, A * Men and Womanity) are enriched with a gourmand note or "taste enhancer." Helene Darozze, one of the most famous French chefs, was asked to make recipes for Thierry Mugler treats. The recipes can be found at the official site.

The glorious oriental - gourmand composition of Angel (“More gourmand than gourmand”) is enriched with pure cocoa powder. Available as 35 ml EDP.

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin, cocoa powder. Heart: passion fruit, peach, apricot. Base: patchouli, vanilla, chocolate, caramel.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Cacao

Angel Les Parfums de Cuir

The Taste of Fragrance Angel Fragrance Reviews

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I won't lie. I had a bad experience with original Angel and was determined to avoid it at all costs. Then I started getting sucked in by flankers (Sunessence Legere is delightful, eau Sucree is gorgeous) and I read some reviews of this flanker and figured "Why not?".

I had been hoping the cocoa would make this one a whole lot more likable than the original was to me (I had a problem with the patch + cotton candy in that one)...

Well, let me tell you, I fell in love with this one. So wearable, so delicious, and 3 sprays = 10 hours longevity and decent sillage. I didn't kill anyone in my office with my stench, yet I could pleasantly smell myself all day.

The top notes are a nice warm chocolately orange citrus burst that quickly warms up into a fruity patchouli dessert --it doesn't have quite the same piney sharp patchouli Christmasy feel of the original (which I am determined to love someday, I am!) but the patchouli/caramel/cocoa/vanilla blend is an interesting gourmand adventure. Not as sweet as Eau Sucree, but very satisfying.

I am slowly working my way back towards the original Angel---I've purchased a small travel size and hopefully I can learn to love it. Having this one to bridge the gap certainly helps.

Peta22
Peta22

As if to demonstrate that fragrance is a mood thing for me, I tried this fragrance for the first time a couple of nights ago after having it sit on my vanity untouched for a few weeks since it arrived in the mail… OMG – what took me so long!!! I think I had a mindset that ‘Angel’ was too common and so I was sort of avoiding it but that was what drove me to blind buy the Taste of Fragrance edition – because I figured it was a bit different. However, the fact that I’ve fallen so hard for Taste of Fragrance Angel has prompted me to blind order an original 15ml Angel EDP to try... then I stumbled across a 10ml extrait and, because I’d never seen one before, I had to buy that as well! I find it fascinating that some people can love a fragrance so much while others actually find it offensive but I’m hedging my bets now that I’ll be one of the ones that loves the original Angel! Anyway, I’ll focus myself on the Taste of Fragrance Angel now… The opening is very strong but not unpleasant and I find it settles down within seconds. Then I get this gorgeous warm, sweet chocolatey goodness mixed with a very soft patchouli. I think I expected it to have sharp or cloying qualities but all I get is a beautiful, enveloping, delicious cloud of one of the most divine fragrances I’ve ever encountered. I can understand that this is said to be a very distinctive fragrance – it is very different to any others I’ve come across even when several in my collection have been reviewed as being very similar to Angel. I’m so glad I’ve finally given this line a chance and now I’m very excited to get my hands on the original. Yey!!

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

This is a creamier, calmer version on the Original Angel, which I own as well. I wear it when I want the gourmand scent of Angel bit not the brazenness.

jovejove
jovejove

This fall, expect to see Angel "Taste of Fragrance" and "Liqueur de Parfum", and A*Men "Pure; Malt, Coffee and Havane" make a return on store shelves. Additionally, you'll also see the new Pure Wood. I don't know if it's going to be the same everywhere else in the world, but I know in Canada, there's going to be an irresistible offer with the "Les Parfum de Cuir" collection starting in August at The Hudson's Bay.

Germany
Germany

A true chocolate version of the original. Nicely done !
I have been going crazy over angel liquer lately.( 2014 ) Hooked and addicted as a matter of fact. Usually what happens when I get so hooked on something I explore flankers. To see if there is anything even better,,,, or simply to have more of the same with a slight variation to it so it doesn't get dull ,,,I ordered the years old angel TASTE for a delicious little variety ,,,,,,,,it's like sniffing a jar of coco . Phantastic, delicious coca powder , lushesly tasty and rich. Very adult. Not a kiddy chocolate. Like a hot dark cocao chocolate with a shot of cognac and some tropical fruits . A little sweeter and more tasty than the original , less patchouli. Awesome !
Lots of compliments !

kayley123
kayley123

I get a lot of Cacao/chocolate plus some tropical fruits AT THE TOP, and it dries down to a slightly lighter, sweeter version of Angel, with the signature patchouli base.

Aeris
Aeris

Imagine that you just stepped into the pearly gates of heaven. Inside there is a Willie Wonka-ish playland. There are large fountains with chocolate milk instead of water. There are trees with tree bark made of caramel. There are mountains in the background made of pure dark chocolate. The ground is made of cocoa powder and it is sprinkled with patchouli plants dripping in vanilla and honey. That is what this fragrance smells like :) This is a fun twist on the original Angel. Enter the gates of heaven!

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

My favorite Angel flanker; all of the delicious vanilla, cocoa goodness of the original Angel without the dominant patchouli that turns it dirty /BO-smelling on my skin. I wish they'd sell this flanker in the stunning star-shaped bottle.

katmitchell
katmitchell

My first acquaintance with the house of Thierry Mugler was Womanity, and even though my nose was not ready for it, I soon fell for it and it is one of my favourites now. At the same time with me, my mum got herself Angel EDT, and I was really pleased by it but wanted something more sophisticated. Here comes Angel The Taste of Fragrance! I just love this bergamot note (or pineapple according to my mum) mixed with delicious dark chocolate, caramel and cacao powder. Structure is really complex and it doesn't seem like another boring sweet mass market creation. I just wanna eat my wrist! I imagine it would be even nicer in a cold winter's day.

Sherrywijaya69
Sherrywijaya69

I really love mugler and his creations of angel,this one isnt what i expected,it smells really sweet but instead of powdery sweet chocolate it is bitter,i know kts bitter cocoa powder but it smells quite green,not much but a bit..i prefer other versions of angel but this one isnt that bad itself

hanson26
hanson26

I'm enjoying this much more than I expecting. I hate the original Angel, seriously, it is my #1 most hated perfume. That said, I do like the concept, there is just something nasty and cloying about it to me (and my skin chemistry sure doesn't do it any favors). I once tried a cheap drugstore knockoff of Angel though, and to my surprise I liked it a lot! It was actually a gourmand, not some weird mix of patchouli, fruits, and chemical chocolate. Taste of Angel is like that. Lots of cocoa, chocolate, and patchouli, no strange cotton candy or melon. This is by far the better Angel, it's what the first one should've smelled like.

craftyminx
craftyminx

I like this much better than the original Angel. The cacao is much more pronounced, opening with a blast of pure chocolate. I feel like this is a refinement of Angel, pared down to its best, rather than having a million different notes competing with each other as the original did. I would never in a million years have thought to try this if I hadn't gotten it as an extra in a swap, but while the fragrance I swapped for (TM Innocent) didn't work out for me, this is absolutely lovely.

SadassaUlna
SadassaUlna

I am enjoying this very much. I think I detect vetiver and/or tobacco? Anyone else getting this? I am not a real lover of patchouli but I find Angel is very well-blended. And Le Gout is even better, less sweet and less patch - I think there is a woody/grassy note that makes this richer and somehow smokier.

newton904@hotmail.co.uk
newton904@hotmail.co.uk

I love strong fragrances and this does not disappoint. It starts with a absolute blast of chocolate and gradually dries down to the Angel we know and love. As usual with Mugler it lasts and lasts which with other perfumes is generally a problem for me. Managed to purchase two of these in Debenhams sale at half price.

fedz
fedz

I wonder how beautiful this can be if the patchouli didn't exist in the pyramid.

maemaeri
maemaeri

Now I was very cautious about buying this particular perfume. I was not a fan of the original Angel and I was not particularly keen on sweet scents (I loathed the Aquolina Pink Sugar). But I wanted a scent that smelled like chocolate- not sweet chocolate but bitter.

So I searched and searched until I found Angel ToF. Let me tell you guys, I had to study the notes very carefully. I hated peach notes and the caramel made me a little iffy but after much deliberation I finally bought it. Such a blind buy!

When I opened the box, I immediately smelled spicy notes which made me a little nervous. Then I sprayed in on my wrist and my goodness I was in chocolate heaven! Bitter chocolate heaven to be exact! It has the perfect balance of bitterness and sweetness for me. This fragrance stands out amongst my collection. The smell is so unique.

It was loved at first smell! And the bottle...the BOTTLE! Gorgeous! The sillage is very good and it lasted pretty long on me too.

The only bad thing I can say about this is that it only comes in one size. 1.1 fluid ounces! So small! I would have liked a bigger bottle. And from what I heard it has been discontinued...makes me want to buy another one for back up.

adele l
adele l

Angel Liquer is still my all time favorite version for sweetness,nuance and depth. This version of Angel came across as incredibly harsh and strong in the open, moreso than the original. I find it mellows out during the drydown, the patchouli is less pronounced than the original during this phase..not too bad overall but probably my third favorite among the Angel flankers (of which i'm a big fan!)

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Like others have said, this is Angel with bitter cocoa powder. The cacao doesn't stick to its guns the whole way through, which would be nice if it did. Once that bitter cacao dissipates, what you have is a slightly more toned down Angel with slightly less patchouli. If you already own Angel like I do, you don't necessarily need both but I love this bottle and I'll always wear Angel, so this one serves as a sort of back up of the original. And yes, it's slightly easier to wear, but I already find Angel EDP blissful and I'd wear it anywhere. Like with her predecessor, I suggest going light on the trigger because she still acts and sounds like her big sister. Her voice is just a bit quieter.

saguna
saguna

Calmer than Angel. The sillage is a bit shorter but still huge. Cocoa is beautiful. Nobody will believe me but I thought they are sweet perfumes in taste, so I licked it... Yuck ;) Had Angel on my tongue. And my whole house laughing at me. Well, was worth a try...

First 2 hours its an odd odour on my skin. After 2 hours it gets better, but this will not be a favourite of mine. Thanx Allinug for the sample.

De 2 första timmarna är det en konstig odör på min hud, efter 2 timmar blir den lite bättre men kommer inte att bli nån favorit. Tack Allinug för provet.

KateAnette
KateAnette

I have to admit that I've never tried the original Angel. I ordered this as a blind buy, the cocoa powder sounded interesting. I was very sceptic before trying, as I usually go for low sillage perfumes. And Angel is anything but low sillage I've heard.
Well, this was a wonderful surprise. Bitter cocoa powder, and lots of it at the beginning. As it settles down, it's still cocoa, but it's getting a bit sweeter in the dry down. Never too sweet though, the bitterness of the cocoa keeps it well balanced.
The fruits drop in here and there to say hello, and gives this a somehow fresh all over feeling.
I was afraid of the patchouli, as I have Wish by Chopard, and that's supposed to be a "toned down Angel". Still I think Wish has too much patch for my liking. In this version of Angel, the patch isn't the main player, it has a supportive role, it's just right.
I accidentally also found out that this is great for layering. I put on a shirt that I had worn briefly the other day, and it still smelled of Narciso Rodrigues For Her. So I put 2 sprays of this on my arms. The mix of sweet orange, musk and bitter cocoa is gourmand heaven :).
This was a mellow scent, not at all loud (2 sprays), and on me it sits quite close to the skin. So those of you who like Angel but think its too loud, I think you should try this version.

EDIT I can't get over how good this stuff smells, the dry down is to die for! *Running to the nearest perfume store tomorrow to try the original Angel too* :D

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

To me, the Taste of Fragrance Angel starts low but finishes high.

The opening is like accidently spill out the cacao powder on one's face. Such an intense and fierce aroma. Then it quickly dissipates and unveils the patchouli-sweet chocolate combo in the original Angel. I was like, 'What?! That's all?! Just the original Angel hiding under a cacao coat?!'.

That's when the dark chocolate stands out and points my nose, 'Wait and smell!'. The patchouli and sweetness step back and let the dark chocolate play the game. I also get a subtle whiff of fruits like bergamot or passion fruit from time to time, which is a delightful surprise, as these fruity notes in the original Angel are often under the shadow of candy sweetness. After about 6 hours, the earthy patchouli mellows down, what's left on the skin is a cozy dark chocolate velvet cape. ToF compared to the original Angel is just like their bottle colour: a deep indigo blue of night compared to a brighter blue.

Among the Taste of Fragrance collection, Angel might not be as surprising as Womanity, which takes the scent to a whole new direction. However, Angel lives up to its name: deep, rich chocolate powder blended into the legacy of the original version.

The sillage is moderate and consistent for more than 12h. A fragrance of quality! However, I wouldn't recommend it if the patchouli combo in original version already bothers you, as the patchouli is still quite strong especially in the first few hours. But if you wished for a slightly less sweet version, this might be your Angel!

projectalice345
projectalice345

WOW. OMG. This smell is one potent elixir. Its like a sorceress from a velvet underworld demands your attention. ANGEL?!!!! What kind of angels do they have in Muglers world?!! Angels with leather outfits and weapons? Maybe he meant witch or sorceress!! I mean that in the best way. Even the silly commercial about it is misleading, I was expecting soft sheer notes, not on me I guess. Should have called it "Vixen". What a blast of Patchouli intensity.

With my chemistry its like a hurricane of patchouli, everyone is writing about the lovely chocolate and caramel not smelling anything like that yet. Im like Chocolate?!!! Where is that smell? Smells like someone showered me in red wine and dirt. And I liked it heady, boozey and dark.Oh uh...I have a pretty strong personality already I wonder if this is a good thing or not....

update: after wearing it for a while, I have to give up on my idea of Angel wearing, it just becomes a patchouli blast that I am not crazy about. It doesn't really dry down to anything else either, it just remains one note something I dont really like . i respect it as a perfume though, its powerfull and different.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

So disappointed! I truly thought I would Adore this version of Angel as I really like Angel and I LOVE chocolate (cocoa) so I though the two combined would be fantabulous! I've been wearing ATOF for a couple hours now and all I have to say is Where is the chocolate?!?!? It smells almost exactly like plain old Angel, I'm getting very strong green patchouli and not much else. Glad I only bought 3 tester spray bottles off ebay and didn't go for the whole bottle. Sad sad sad.....:0(

ssaminn
ssaminn

I love the intense cacao and dark chocolate opening but there is huge problem! tell me how could this be? the angel stayed whit me for 24+... !!! but this one, the taste of fragrance was gone after 4 hours?... is this possible?... i'm gonna sample again and report back!... :)

kirtylou
kirtylou

I got this one because I like Angel a lot, and I love chocolate. I was excited to try a version of Angel that really amped up the chocolate note.

This one smells a lot like Angel, but it does have a much stronger dark chocolate note, slightly toned down patchouli, and less of the red berry notes that original Angel has. This one also has less of a sweet cotton candy feel to it and is darker and richer. It has the same Angel sillage and longevity. Nicely done.

*Edit - after wearing this for a while, cocoa and vanilla notes pretty much take over. No patchouli can be detected. It smells warm and delicious, yet not too sweet or overpowering. This may become a new favorite, and I think I prefer it to Angel edt.

cecyben
cecyben

When I say "I will not find more delicious perfumes", I know this exquisite fragrance. Honestly, I'm not fan of Angel (I like it too much, but not a fan), but this has something special, something sublime. I do love it, plain and simple, I do love it ! It is different, it is addictive ! I want to use and use again. Try it, give it a chance ... you will not regret :-)

Forbiddenjade

Update: I received the bottle and on my way home from the post office I opened the parcel and tried it on, since I couldn't resist... an instant later I was thrown into a cloud of dark, rich cocoa!
The bitterness of it almost choked me, like if I'd ingested a table spoon of Belgian cocoa powder.
I like cocoa, but this isn't as pleasant as I wanted it to be; it's aggressive, to say the least.
However, after a few minutes - thank God! - the patchouli and caramel began to work their way up through my skin warmth, its alkaline PH helping.
At the end of the day I could still smell the dark, bitter cocoa though.
I'm not sure whether I like it as much as the original; that note it's somehow a "wet", cold smell and I love Angel for its warm, enveloping embrace.
I will try it again and again to see if in warmer weather something change.... update to come!

bp
bp

This perfume is really excellent.
Note up quite intensely cocoa mixed with all the features of the Angel.
We consider that this is a sweet scent with a little sugar. Despite containing sweet notes, he transmits the impact force, and not sweetness.
Just looking at the olfactory notes of this perfume, I stay instantly with the desire to have one. And the bottle is superb.
Again this is an Angel that is completely unisex.
I want one, no doubt (i'm a man, but this one is out of the world).
Again, Thierry Mugler has shown that your brand is the most spectacular in the whole universe of perfumes. ... at all levels.
ANGEL 4EVER.
Thierry Mugler is my favourite brand of perfumes.
Powerful. Bombastic.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This version of Angel isn't as impressive as the "Liqueur" version but still nice if you're a fan of Angel.

This one is much closer to the original.

It opens with a massive note of bitter cocoa powder, it's very apparent and not very sweet...but that doesn't stay very long. Once it's dry more of the original Angel emerges...it's just slightly more chocolatey that normal.

It seems to me that the patchouli in this is a lot more fierce, the dry down seems to be more masculine if possible?

Not much of a massive change from the original but still picked myself up a bottle for when I want that chocolate fix.

Forbiddenjade

Wherever I go people wonder 'who's smelling so heavenly?' and then stop me, asking what perfume I wear and complimenting how nice it is.
When I say it's Angel they can't believe it!

Perfumes not only change with weather (humidity in the air), but mainly with skin PH reaction.
I have a slightly acidic skin and on me Angel smells amazing.
It's dry down notes are not sharp nor pungent, rather smooth and enveloping.
Angel is my "je ne sais quoi" and I have just purchased a bottle of this one to see if it will react as wonderfully as the original. Hopefully, it'll be a little darker and more intense.
A definite to buy!

Norgirl
Norgirl

oh la la i like it alot .. its defenatly in family whit the beautiful Angel . But this one is a bit cleaner. not as strong on the patcholie. not as cloying as Angel.. defenatly darker and richer on the chocolate note. I like it alot.

vicka16
vicka16

The opening is very strong on the bitter cocoa powder (yes, the cocoa powder that you use for baking) and some patchouli, but the more time passes, the more The Tase of Fragrance starts smelling like the original Angel. I blind bought this perfume because I'm crazy about Thierry Mugler fragrances, but to be honest, for the price it costs, I don't feel it was necessary to have this version. No regrets though! ;)

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

For some reason I smell a tinge of coffee in this one but I guess it must be the intense "cocoa". Seriously, I will ALWAYS own a bottle ANGEL and I was so happy when I was able to purchase THE TASTE OF FRAGRANCE before it became unavailable. I don't think it's fair that for the amount of perfume we get we pay such an expensive price, but what can we do? The house knows that if fans truly love it, they will GET IT no matter what the cost. It would be nice if this flanker can be part of a permanent collection as passionata mentioned, but given how powerful one spray is, this bottle will last me a long time. I kind of wish I had a backup but the price really throws me off. I think I would be better off trying the 20th anniversary PRECIOUS STAR since it looks interesting but if it's too similar to the original ANGEL then I don't want to bother. Damn it, why must this house come up with these flankers? That's so taking advantage of consumers!

*sophi*
*sophi*

Well, first of all i must add that i am not an Angel original fan and second, i am a fan of cocoa smell...
How can these two things be combined (?)...but of course Angel the cocoa powder (sublimee' de poudre de cacao amer)...!!!
I first smelled the bottle's spray and it smells like cocoa powder...then i applied the fragrance and i smelled the dark chocolate and few minutes after ,comes the patchouli aroma to join them all...
This perfume is all about these notes ...if it smells like Angel?It smells like a "unique Angel"- does this make any sense?

perfumebox
perfumebox

Composed by Aurélien Guichard of Givaudan (missing in the above description as of Aug 2012), this is Angel "grown-up".

Angel Le Gout du Parfum is "quieter", darker, less sweet, less tart, and after the initial blast of dry cocoa powder, settles down and is softer and more balanced to the nose. The first two times I tested it at the counter, I smelt it on a paper strip, and it was musty unsweetened baking cocoa for 5 minutes before becoming an earthier, dirtier Angel. Not that attractive.

When I took the plunge and spritzed it onto my skin, the scent unfolded down a very different path. The pungent blast of bitter cocoa was no longer as apparent and the "Dirt" note was pretty much undetectable. Instead, it's folded into the familiar fruity-sharp bergamot opening of classic Angel, but with a touch more translucence and depth.

Le Gout du Parfum is very recognizably "Angel" in its heart and drydown. The bitter cocoa unfortunately disappears quite fast, but the good news is it resurfaces hours later in the drydown (my favorite part), when lends some gentle weight and lusciousness to the familiar airy chocolate-patchouli accord.

I hesitate to recommend this to the average perfume buyer simply because you pay quite a bit to get a measly 1.1 oz of irreplaceable, limited-edition "jus", in a non-refillable bottle. If you hate it, it's a waste of money. If you love it, it's no longer readily available.

zabica
zabica

Only the first 10 minutes of it justify the price and the novelty. Everything else is just good old Angel, as we like it.

First minutes are chocolaty, and that sweet, cocoa sensation evaporates on the skin quite fastly.

Not enough to call it a new fragrance and put such a high price tag on it.

Blimunda
Blimunda

I have just come to the conclusion that Angel taste, to my nose, is the most comparable with Nirmala due to the the prominent note of passionfruit, while the main difference lies in cocoa. Angel is all over dusted with it. With that sweet and slight bitter aroma.

It's a real treasure and one of those that you simply cannot complain about, if only being a gourmand lover.

Lasting power is wonderful on my skin.

redrose
redrose

I prefer that one then original Angel.It is a bit more sweeter and calmer.Smells,clean,fresh and sexy....fragrance not for everyone like all T.Mugler's either you love it or hate it:) I love it :)

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

starts off with an extremely realistic bitter cocoa note with slight bergamot & earthy patchouli blooming in the background. As it transitions to the mid notes it becomes more sweet and creamy, slightly boozy-fruity, with a strong maple syrup and coffee aroma. The drydown becomes more cocoa powdery, still earthy yet sweet & close to the origional Angel. Truely gorgeous, gourmand & nearly edible.

Migotka
Migotka

I will start by saying I am not a fan of the original in the least. I strongly dislike it. Angel is one of my few perfume traumas, and I never liked any of the other limited editions too much (except of Bleu Lagoon, which did not have much in common with the original Angel anyway).

So Angel Taste of Fragrance came as a total surprise. It is probably one of the best limited editions of any perfume. Yes, the original Angel is there in the background, but so different with the powerful cocoa note! I have fallen in love with it at first sniff. It is rich, complex, sweet and warm. And has a lot of cocoa. It has a quality of good, dark chocolate- sweet and bitter at the same time. Amazingly blended, and I regret I only bought one bottle of this little masterpiece.

bjkeough
bjkeough

Whoopee~This fragrance is sold at Neiman Marcus for $90.00 and under $60 for some on eBay and Amazon~I'm ready for this fine fragrance and the gourmet cuisine. I'm a true chocolate lover and Angel smells out of this world if it's used properly.

noninoni
noninoni

Available two 35 ml brand new bottles for sale in package. Inbox me if interested

Kione
Kione

Thanks to a incredibly generous fragrantican I got to test this today.

I wasn't expecting the cocoa to be that real, but at the start it is! To the point that I thought "I am not sure if I want to smell like food". But that strong real note faded quickly to leave a much more perfume-y one but the original Angel is still very much there.

It is even darker than the actual Angel, yes, it is possible! I have been sniffing my wrist for a while and then just for a contrast I smelled the original from the bottle and it makes it smell almost fresh!

This is an incredible experience, I have to wear it again properly but its deffinitelly in my want list and it makes me wish it was winter again so i could indulge on it.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This fragrance it´s amazing!! Too much chocolat inside,it´s really yummi, and then it has that mugler´s touch, I can also detect the patchouli,and the caramel,I saw this perfume on the shelves and I tought someday I have to try this one,but I never did as I wasn´t really interested,today I wasn´t sure what perfumes I wanted to test,then I saw this one,and why not!? I really love this one,it´s going straight to my want list.. I hope I get one someday :)

Edit:
Got it and love it :-). :-) :-).

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Most likely the best version of Angel ever released. Strong, warm, gourmand, long lasting. The top notes are particularly beautiful... strong cocoa powder and dark, bitter chocolate. No milk at all. Patchouli shows up quite soon, as soon as the cocoa powder starts dissipating. It's a green, unripe patchouli.
Luckily the dark, onctuous chocolate still continues and mingles beautifully with the patchouli. At this point the perfume starts smelling more like the orginal Angel, with a boozy touch. The peach and vanilla are very soft, barely there.
Overall, I'd call this a "choco-chuli" scent.... :) Keeper for me.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

In one word this is delicious! It is a seductive dark chocolate waiting for others to eat you while you wear this! If you are a fan of chocolate and angel this is highly recommended. I want this in my collection so much!!!

nooory
nooory

When i first read about this here in Fragrantica i couldn't wait to try it. The intensified cacao note seemed too good to be true. Alas, it was. To my nose, this smelled WAY too strong and spicy. I know how oriental perfumes smell different in humid weathers (yes, i do believe in this theory) but I smelled the cacao on the first 10 seconds but then something else conquered. Smelled kinda like my mom's sweet spices cabinet (cinnamon، clove, etc..)
Now, don't get me wrong, i understand that these notes are no where near this perfume, but that's all what my nose detected.

But then again, maybe it's the weather.... hmm

c3c
c3c

This is a wonderful version of Angel. True to Angel style with an extra dose of chocolate. The patchouli is lighter but not by much. It begins with a hefty dose of chocolate followed closely by the familiar Angel midsection, still laced with a bit of chocolate. I basically forgot about it after that because I put it on in the evening after work. When I woke up the next morning I could smell vanilla and chocolate. Yum! The drydown is fantastic, I wish the middle notes were the same! So it isn't a huge jump from the original except who doesn't want extra chocolate? I think you still need to be a fan of the original to enjoy it. Different enough to be worth owning in addition to the EDP. One other note, it is as powerful as the original as well. I put one spritz on and could barely smell it but my husband (who is not an Angel fan) said it was like walking through a cloud. ;)

Addition ~ Don't get this on your clothes unless you really like patchouli. I've gotten some on two shirts now and the patchouli was all that remained after I washed them. It isn't awful, but it's very noticeable. It took four trips through the wash to eliminate every trace. So enjoy, but be careful!

passionata20

we want this version to be added to the permanent selection!!!! And bigger bottle please!!!! This one is simply the best version of all "Angels" i have ever tried!!! Very much wearable thanks to dark choclate and turned down patchouli! It is not so offensive to others but still it IS "Angel"!!!

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

ahh, finally.

THIS is what I expected from the Original Angel. A deep musky chocolate.

The problem for me with the original angel is that the patchouli overtook the entire scent and ruined all the other notes for me. In THIS version, the patchouli is subdued and the added cacao allows those desired sweet notes to come forward.

For those who can't quite handle Angel, I would recommend this version.

ralucucky
ralucucky

I like this one much more than the original and I had no idea I love chocolate in perfumes so much! Thank you, Thierry Mugler.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Cocoa cake with caramel syrup . Sweet , ''chocolate-like'' , long lasting . A very elegant - sweet perfume . Positive vote.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

The enhancement smells as if someone dropped a closed fist full of melted Belgian chocolates into the original formula. The chocolate and cacao are very superior. I almost want to say... it's too much & the caramel enhancement in Alien wasn't enough. Angel Taste of Fragrance gives me the feel of Acqua di Parma Mandorlo di Sicilia, only a lot richer and focused on that chocolate. I'm beginning to think the famous Chef who incorporated the gourmand note into this fragrance was Willy Wonka.

aelias
aelias

This is pretty amazing. It is indeed similar to the original, but the chocolate is highly noticeable. The chocolate almost takes the edge off of the original that makes Angel unwearable for a lot of people. A smoother Angel...the drydown is better than the original.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I love the original Angel, but I love this version even more! It’s like the original amped up with dark, intense cacao. I don’t find it sweeter than the original, just softer, smoother, richer and absolutely delectable. I don’t find the patchouli overbearing in the original, but I will say it is softened here a bit.

The opening is a heady burst of bittersweet cacao powder. It warms really nicely on my skin and combines with the vanilla and patchouli to form a luscious, creamy, spicy chocolate aroma. This is one of those perfumes that I literally feel emanates heat from my skin.

It smells the most similar to the original in the drydown, when the dark chocolate subsides and the honey-vanilla-caramel base becomes stronger. But the cacao doesn’t disappear entirely; I still get lovely wafts of dark chocolate throughout the drydown.

I am surprised to see fruit notes listed in this, especially the passionfruit, apricot and peach. I smell absolutely no fruit, and I’m perfectly fine with that in this perfume. This is a dense, heady, warm, oriental scent that stands well enough on it’s own for what it is: a dark, chocolatey dessert (sans any fruit topping). The cacao, vanilla, caramel and patchouli are the strongest scents by far, in that order.

As others have said, this fragrance smells refined and expensive…I think it’s well worth the money, especially if you are a chocolate fanatic. This is my favorite offering from Mugler’s Taste of Fragrance series.

Raina
Raina

Goodness, you have to love the smell of cocoa to wear this. It's like stuffing your nose in a tin of pure cocoa powder and taking a whiff. Wonderfully done! I can still smell Angel drifting in the background, but this is pure, rich, dark cocoa powder. Not necessarily in a sweet way either. With the disappointment of the Alien edition of this series, it's good to know one of these was done right. Brava!

Tulip211
Tulip211

Pure dark chocolate. Smells like cocoa beans. It is delicious! I find this Angel sexier than the original and perfect for the holidays. I assumed that it would be overkill, and super strong, but I find it easier to wear than the original. After the initial 30 minutes passes, the chocolate fades, leaving behind the good old angel you have grown to love. I think the timing is perfect, because the chocolate leaves before you have a chance to get sick of it. (though it leaves a faint trace of itself behind). The Angel that surfaces afterwards is also less "piney" and "menthol" like than the original. I love it.

My question is--why bother coming out with a fragrance that's so similar to one that's already been out for 20 years? It smells like Angel with a lot of extra, very obvious chocolate. I do like it, but I don't think it's different enough from Angel that I would pay for a bottle of this. IF you happen to be crazy for chocolate perfume, I would highly recommend this, because that would be the only good reason to buy it. Disappointing. I expected something more exciting, maybe chocolate and something else. A touch of orange zest might have been nice.

mara_g
mara_g

Like others here I have a love-hate relationship with Angel ....but now, thank to this new version I can finally say I found the angel I love! This perfume is absolutely fantastic and the reason why -is the amazing cocoa note from the top and middle notes. It's so good, I dare say nobody managed to do this before in the history of perfumery. Lovers of Angel please, I beg you try this version, it really made me feel in heaven after one sniff, and I'm already addicted to it. This is going to be my Christmas present :). Absolutely amazing , I'm speechless now....

anitagoodspankin
anitagoodspankin

I am a huge Angel fan but can't for the life of me find somewhere that carries this so that I can smell it! Does anyone know where to get this?! Please help!

katienchris
katienchris

I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE accord in in it is very long lasting like the whole day. I am lucky i bought mine on ebay for 60 bucks, so i am pleased i didnt lose out on too much money, if i dont like it later. funny it was listed under everything else on ebay not under fragrances, so i guess if you wanted a better deal scour ebay for it. My husband says he likes it too even tho earlier before i bought it he said he couldnt ever imagine a woman trying to smell like fudge

Cams
Cams

Quite amazing! The original Angel was no longer working for me but I tested this in the department store and wore it for 2 hours and then raced back to get it! Amazing and definately worth trying.

passionata20

Oh my God! Oh my God! My signature scent has just became even better! And i thought nothing will beat the original "Angel"! Today i tried it and was so amazed i started to run (literally) in circles at the depratment store, that much excited i was! This is the best "Angel" i have ever tried so far! Like the original but indeed with a overload of dark and bitter choclate that gives this "Angel" really gourmand taste! I wanted literally eat my hand! I will be definitly buying this, because it is not that much suffocating as original Angel and really really wearable! Patchouli here is much less offensive than in original one.
The saddest part is that it is really small bottle! Why couldn´t they make a regular 50ml bottle?? Definitly worth trying! Sillage is a bit lighter than with original Angel, but lasts all day long.

GOT IT ALREADY AS AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! SOOO HAPPY that i didn´t have to spend almost 80 euros to get it!! (02.12.2011)

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

This one smells like dark chocolate. It smells very similar to the regular Angel but with a heavy overdose of chocolate and without the stinky patchouli (earthy patchouli, which I don't like!). I didn't buy this (yet) because it's expensive and it's very similar to the original. But if you love chocolat, you'll love this one.

aprildawntaylor
aprildawntaylor

I have always liked angel on others but on me personally I would always have to wash it off in under 5 minutes as it would change into an unpleasantly strong smell. However, this version I can wear and love!!!

kassinator
kassinator

I am so disappointed in this perfume. I was really excited about it. I like angel quite a bit (notice I didn't say love, but I do enjoy it). I was convinced that adding a dark sultry note of bittersweet cocoa would just push angel over the top. Unfortunately this is not the case. The cocoa is very harsh and overpowering. I was surprised that it didn't meld with angel which already has chocolate notes. Instead it boldly stood out on it's own smelling almost stale and chemical... I felt like I was smelling two incompatible scents that were fighting for center stage. Like I said, such a disappointment. This should have been amazing.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I have a love-hate relationship with ANGEL. Yes, it is extraordinary and probably the world´s (no, the universe´s) most aggravating perfume....thousands of subway compartments were poisoned with this and cadaver flies come quickly when ANGEL´s in the air.....just kidding. Well, part of this I believed most of the time in the past few years.
I was fascinated but also appalled by this perfume.
It is unique and surely not everyone can wear (or like) it.

Now I discovered this flanker version and to my great surprise (and embarrassment) I now find myself in the circle of ANGEL afficionadas. This version has lots of scrumptious cocoa in it which made me a believer. This ANGEL is a bit less sweet and is hence a bit more wearable. But beware : it is by and large the ANGEL we have known.

It reminds me of Christmas, of delicious warm snacks that make my heart jump. I feel cozy and "at home" when I smell ALGDP.

Guess this is a limited edition (as most Mugler flankers). To me this is a definite winner.

ritacatita
ritacatita

Angel bodied with powdered dark chocolate.
The citrus fruits, the acidic and juicy passion fruit, the delicate peach and apricot mixed with vanilla calms down the patchouli.
A very well blended scent, into a soft patchouli sprinkled with dark chocolate dust.

SandraS
SandraS

Delicious! I'm in love with it all over again!

ArtisticElf
ArtisticElf

This is even better then the original angel for women if you can beleive it. I would stock up on this as with all theirry mulger angel flankers they dissapear quick then go up in price alot. This is less sweet then the original but even more gourmand! As with what Rose Selavie said, I like that the patchouly takes a backseat to the chocolate in this fragrance vs the other way around with the original. Silage, longevity and quality is the same as with the original angel. This could deffinetly be a gourmand lovers signature scent for winter!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

The entire Taste of Fragrance line is AMAZING! The Angel has this super-rich dose of cocoa!! Probably the best cocoa/chocolate scent I have smelled in a perfume. Don't expect this version to be more tame. It is Angel dipped in rich dark chocolate. It is Angel with a more depth and richness....cocoa heaven!

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

This is utterly brilliant. I tried it out today and after seeing my reaction to it, my fiancé bought it for me. I am a lucky lady.

You can definitely tell the difference between this and angel ESP, even the angel liquer edition. The cocoa is absolutely wild. This is the sort of perfume I'd wear to bed, and nothing else. It is almost a sweet version of Serge Lutens' Borneo 1834. Where it is dry cocoa, this is lush.

Bloody brilliant and I am so pleased that I now have a bottle of my own.

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

The difference between this Angel and the classic one IS noticeable. That`s why I like this so much. The patchouly note in the classic is too strong and dominant, but here the same patchouly is melted in dark chocolate which makes the whole story more appealing . It`s sweet in an original way, easily wearable and enjoyable.
Bon appétit!

Ártemis
Ártemis

This frag is a nice option for the ones that appreciate Angel but find it too strong. It is still Angel, but less sweet and at the same time very gourmand. The cocoa is very prominent and adds a mouthwatering truffle note to the fume, yummyness guaranteed!

The Taste of Fragrance Angel by Thierry Mugler 4.20 out of 5 based on 321 ratings and 75 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler The Taste of Fragrance Angel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler The Taste of Fragrance Angel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Taste of Fragrance Angel by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Taste of Fragrance Angel by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.