Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

cacao
caramel
The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Angel Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Thierry Mugler presents Taste of Fragrance (Le Gout du Parfum) in autumn 2011, a project that unites the world of perfumes and the world of gourmet cuisine and taste. Four fragrances of the house (Angel, Alien, A * Men and Womanity) are enriched with a gourmand note or "taste enhancer." Helene Darozze, one of the most famous French chefs, was asked to make recipes for Thierry Mugler treats. The recipes can be found at the official site.

The glorious oriental - gourmand composition of Angel (“More gourmand than gourmand”) is enriched with pure cocoa powder. Available as 35 ml EDP.

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin, cocoa powder. Heart: passion fruit, peach, apricot. Base: patchouli, vanilla, chocolate, caramel.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Cacao

Show Collection Angel Extrait de Parfum

The Taste of Fragrance Angel Fragrance Reviews

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Chocolata!!! This is an amazing winter fragrance and although it has the base of the original, it's darker and not as sweet. I love the richness and depth. Silage and longevity are very good - just what you would expect from the maestro Mugler.

archivist
archivist

On this day the 31st of May in the year of our lord 2016, archivist tested an Angel flanker... And loved it. As was foretold in the ancient texts, this was the final sign of the coming apocalypse. So brace yourself.

This is recognizably Angel, a fragrance I have loathed loudly and publicly for many years - I kept trying flankers because 1) it's sort of a general habit of mine to keep looking for exceptions to rules and 2) I had a chance to swap for it. I was looking forward to trying it - chocolate is something I'm always interested in smelling in a fragrance - but I was pretty sure it would rotate right back into swap. But it won't. I definitely want to spend more time with this, and try it out in different contexts.

It's Angel, all right. Unmistakably Angel, the original sugarbomb patchouli full of sex and candy that was somehow not the sex or candy I would ever, ever want to have. To my nose, Angel was the original tryhard me-so-sexy perfume that basically just screamed "HELLO I HAVE NO CLASS. I AM LOUD AND VULGAR. I TALK ABOUT BLOWJOBS AND ANAL BLEACHING ON THE BUS WITH MY EQUALLY HORRID FRIEND ALIEN. WHEN MEN APPROACH ME DUE TO THE WAY IN WHICH I BUGLE EASY AND FREE SEXUAL FAVORS I REGULARLY MISTAKE THIS FOR PEOPLE THINKING I AM "SEXY" AND "HOT" WHEN IN REALITY I AM A CONVENIENT GENERIC THOT, EASILY IDENTIFIED BY MY FRAGRANCE, WHICH IS THE PERFUME EQUIVALENT OF A BRIGHT RED BABOON BUTT IN TERMS OF INDICATING READINESS TO MATE."

However, this version has deescalated the weaponized sillage. Also, it is (interestingly, considering) less sweet than Angel - I imagine that the toxic sweetness had to be dialed back extensively to allow the chocolate to be smellable. It is still somewhat evocative of the Angel ethos (above) because it couldn't NOT be when it still has all of the Angel bones, recognizable even if dipped in dark cocoa. But there's something fun about that as a novelty, like having a selection of genuinely trampy and trashy lingerie on hand to surprise and delight a lover who thinks of you as conservative, or bookish, or predictable.

Sort of. This really somehow isn't trampy or trashy, prima facie. On the drydown it's really just... kind of smart, balanced, bohemian sexy, like an exotic dancer working her way through grad school. Takes a bit to get there but when it does, it's good.

On the tentative strength of liking tasty Angel, I've also ordered boozy Angel, which I understand to be very much like tasty Angel minus the overdose of patchouli. Curious to see which wins out for most liked in my nose.

GypsySoul
GypsySoul

I had high hopes for this being my Angel, it has all of my favorite notes! But I think it's finally time I accepted that this brand is not for me. The original smelled like nothing more than vintage men's aftershave splash on me. This one has a chocolate note in the drydown that is heavenly, but for some reason the men's aftershave note came through again stronger than anything else.
I actually like the smell, and I enjoy many unisex fragrances, but this one comes across as far too masculine with my chemistry for me to wear comfortably.

Impe60
Impe60

I could not smell any chocolate on me, just Angel but a bit less. Only tried a sample and i don´t think it´s worth buying as it smells so like the original

MissGirly87
MissGirly87

WOW. If I only had two words to describe this, it would be "strange magic." Actually, if I had three, I'd say "chocolate covered patchouli." But I can say more, so here goes...

Projection on this is average but staying power is long. From the initial spray, it's lots of chocolate, cacao, and a smidge of vanilla. The gourmand-type notes manage to be somewhere between powdery and warm...the patchouli is incredible - soft, wearable, and doesn't overpower the other notes the way patchouli sometimes does in fragrance. And personally, I am someone who usually can't stand patchouli on my skin.

I found this for a really good price on eBay, and thank God - I am completely under its spell. The original version of Angel is far too strong for me, but this is so much more wearable. It's the perfect introduction to Angel or Thierry Mugler in general.

blake.lee
blake.lee

This is my favorite version of Angel. It's heavy on the dark chocolate and I love that! It's lighter on the patchouli and this makes it more wearable in my opinion. It's still recognizably Angel, but with the delicious chocolate.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

This has been my fragrance of the month and I have been wearing this daily. Now that I will moving on to something else in a couple of days, I can say that I have REALLY gotten to know this frag personally. And the verdict? Well, I hate to say this because MUGLER is my favourite house, but comparing this to his innovative scents like Alien, Angel, Womanity, this is just "meh". It's just ...deliciously pleasant.

At the beginning when I was wearing this earlier this month, I thought that I fell in love with it HARD but in the end it was just a passing crush.

The scent is just so linear. There is no complexity to it. The only thing I can smell on me is just dark sweet cocoa. It kind of reminds me of --dare I say--- those cheap Demeter scents only this has superior quality. I don't get the passionfruit, apricot and all the other notes listed in the pyramid.

I'm relieved that this is only a 35ml bottle ... I won't miss this once I finish this hopefully sometime this year.

UPDATE: I just sold this. Unfortunately this scent is too sickly sweet and heavy and doesn't suit me. I don't like the idea of smelling like a pastry

Stenklover
Stenklover

Chocolate angel, literally. I was sad to miss this, found it online and immediately ordered. A very heavy scent. Not for the faint of heart.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Angel is my signature and I bought this flanker in hopes it would be another way to enjoy Angel. Alas...I did not care for this one as much as Angel. To me it was a blast of cocoa powder,,then patchouli,,thats it. I love the different nuances in Angel,and this one seemed only to have two notes. Swapped away..I will stick with the EDP.

ledavis727
ledavis727

This fragrance to me is kind of a mystery in the way that it goes from hate to love very quickly. I purchased it out of curiosity as I found a bottle for a very reasonable price online. As someone who did not get on well with Angel EDP, I was surprised to see in the reviews of this perfume that a lot of people loved this flanker even if they shared my dislike of the original. When I first sprayed this perfume it literally was like I had stuck my face in a box of cocoa power and inhaled. No sweet chocolate here; this is pure, bitter, dusty cocoa powder. It knocked me off my feet and actually made me recoil at first, but then after about 2 minutes of dry time, I got to experience what the heck this fragrance is actually trying to do. The cocoa powder lingers, but behind it I get a wonderful smell of dark chocolate, vanilla, and a little bit of fruit (passionfruit perhaps?). The patchouli is cleaner, less sharp, and blends well with the chocolate-related notes. As I keep sniffing my wrist I get more and more of the warm cocoa vanilla goodness, and more and more fruit. I love the way this perfume develops, and it is definitely very "tasty". Something I will reserve for colder months, and apply with a light hand.

jan17
jan17

Perfect ! Every collector should have one! Angel is always very good with that dose of CHOCO gives to salivate ! Mega pleasure use this perfume, does not project like his father , but does well in setting , skin it is fun and sexy !!! A treat ! Who can grab one! Yummmm

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

The Taste of Fragrance Angel - my hubby said it smelled like an expensive French chocolate pastry. It is quite edible scent with an amazing little trail. sillage is no where near the original but the wolves will follow once they get a whiff.

If you didn't pick up on the chocolate note in the original Angel, you will on this one for sure. The taste of Angel is pure cacao-chocolate heaven. Nothing compares to this additive little number and I am wishing it would come in a full size bottle, but I love reaching for this cute little bon-bon and spraying this stunning fragrance. It’s so, so yummy!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Mmmm, my favorite Angel flanker! You guessed it, this is Angel dipped in a dark, powdery, rich, chocolate glaze. The patchouli is detectable (Where would Angel be without it? Oh right - the EDT of bland nothingness!), but there's a significant "round" feeling that smooths over any of Angel EDP's sharper patchouli notes. And, thankfully, for me none of the fleshy fruits come forward at any point in time.

This fragrance reminds me of a very specific setting. Being a small child, and wandering around my neighborhood privately-owned candy shoppe, where they had all of their wrapped candy bars, bags of chocolate, and bags of hard candies in big wood barrels lining the store. Angel TOF smells EXACTLY like sticking my head into one of those barrels to dig around. Powdery, mildly earthy, a hint of dust, and a ton of sweetness.

The kicker here... is that this flanker is SOFT! One heavenly, NON-NUCLEAR Thierry Mugler creation! Read it and weep, folks. You can enter a room unabashedly wearing this juice, you don't have to commit to a fragrance for 4 and a half days, and your days of seeing someone down the aisle in the grocery store lift their head and sniff the air in confusion and mild disgust are OVER! This is an Angel for you, and you alone.

[In the "reminds me of" section, I see a comparison to Angel Liqueur de parfum - to me they are very different! The Liqueur flanker is much more boozy and a bit sharper, and there is more patchouli present. Taste of Fragrance is definitely more on the gourmand route. Both are wonderful, and certainly lacking in the cotton candy/red berries part of the original Angel EDP.]

Sweetfragrance
Sweetfragrance

Wearing this was pure bliss.

nicolel
nicolel

I hate to be one of the few dissenters, I got really excited by the notes. The first few moments of spray is a beautiful dark chocolate. Unfortunately this blissful moment is fleeting. In rolls the woody smokiness and heavy underarm-tinged patchouli. Want to know what this smells like? It's smells exactly like being out camping in the woods with people who haven't showered in a few days and forgot to pack their deodorant, now making chocolate smores over a campfire. Yuck.

DAL123
DAL123

This is exactly as its described. It's Angel with a big ole shot of chocolate. First spray was stinky armpits and chocolate. Quite the uh, interesting combination. Was not pleased at all. It does start to change after a bit. The stinky armpits fade a little. The chocolate note stays then mixes with the infamous Angel patchouli. Its strong. And loud. And should totally not be bought without testing first. And please....as with all Angel and Angel flankers...do not bathe in this. Its strong. People will smell you rooms away. I am going to have to wait on this one for a bit. I'm not sure this is one I can wear. Angel Liqueur has been the front runner for me. I'm still hoping this turns out to be similar....

EDIT** Not an Angel I can wear. My chemistry just doesn't not like Angel or anything Angel-like. Sigh.....another bottle available for swap.

christianne1
christianne1

After years of saying "I hate Angel" I have completely become a convert because of this version and La Rose Garden of Stars. They are just different enough to make me appreciate Angel in a whole new light. There was always something about the original Angel that felt like "too" much even though I almost liked it. But whatever the too much factor was, it is missing in A Taste of Fragrance and it makes it so much more wearable and easier for me to appreciate. . It is beautiful. This smell for me must be more like what others get from the original Angel. If so, I can now see why it is so loved. I am now ready to try Angel again because I feel like I may appreciate it better after getting my training wheels with Taste and La Rose. Nothing makes me happier than doing a 180 on a perfume and I truly feel I have done one with Angel.

x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x
x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x

This is a true beauty of a scent, Angel topped with rich velvety dark chocolate. Smelling this on my skin I just imagine sitting by a fireplace drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows in winter. Definitely in my top 5 Angel flankers.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

For me this jewel is so so dynamic and strong, so equivalent to the Original Angel edp. EXTRA long lasting but I am afraid I can't detect the cacao/chocolate note which I was looking forward to. I would like to swap it with something less Angelish. Greek friends of Fragrantica please welcome !!!!!!

Labaloo
Labaloo

I finally got a hold of a bottle of this one, and I can see why folks are scrambling for the last few remaining out there- wow! Did you hear me? I said "W.O.W!"

You wanna know what came into my mind right away?

Have you ever tasted "Sacher Torte"?

It's that perfect taste-accord of apricot jam and deep dark heavenly chocolate, the richness of it all set off with whipped cream- glorious, glorious creation. That's what Angel Le Gout smells of to me- as if you were carefully smeared by a lover with pieces of this cake...

What's not to love?!

Precious, precious stuff- I am never going to part with my bottle: I'm keeping it and only using it when absolutely necessary!

Mine mine mine! :-)

[in Gollum's voice] My preciousssss....

Fawkey
Fawkey

I was a regular user of regular Angel as my husband loves it so much, but I often felt like it overpowered me. When I saw this on ebay, more chocolate & less patchouli I was intrigued. Loved it from the go, initial spray not as 'pow' as Angel and after 10 mins I was sniffing myself. I get bitter chocolate, caramel & orange (?) initially & it settles further to a rich warm chocolate/vanilla. Love it & have been buying it up wherever I can find it on ebay, Netherlands, Germany & I am UK based! I really want to say I hate it incase one of you buys up my source lol

freebirdsoul
freebirdsoul

To preface this review- I detest the original Angel. I wanted so badly to love it as the notes in it are some of my absolute favorites- but it literally made me physically ill.

When I read the reviews for The Taste of Fragrance Angel I knew I had to try it. So this was a blind buy for me... Quite the risk. ;)

Upon applying, I was scared.. It was that all too familiar Angel patchouli bomb. But I noticed that it was not making me ill, nor did it smell "dirty", so I stuck with it. Fast forward 15 minutes and it's amazing. Scrumdiddlyumptious even. I'm hooked. I honestly can't stop sniffing my wrist. Cigar smoke wrapped around dark chocolate truffles, dripping with sweet, warm, honey.

It does have notes reminiscent of the original Angel. A bit of soft musky powder and patchouli... But much more feminine... Instead of smelling like a bunch of random notes, it actually makes sense. Friendlier, cleaner, not the least bit abrasive.... And yummy... really damn yummy.

I do still believe that this is a unique scent and may not be for everyone. The chocolate, or cacao rather, is a grown up gourmand, not a sweet and simple teenage scent...But rather, complex and sophisticated.

Angel TOF is everything I wanted the original to be !

If you're on the fence, I think it's worth the shot ! I am really truly LOVING this flanker. :)

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I won't lie. I had a bad experience with original Angel and was determined to avoid it at all costs. Then I started getting sucked in by flankers (Sunessence Legere is delightful, eau Sucree is gorgeous) and I read some reviews of this flanker and figured "Why not?".

I had been hoping the cocoa would make this one a whole lot more likable than the original was to me (I had a problem with the patch + cotton candy in that one)...

Well, let me tell you, I fell in love with this one. So wearable, so delicious, and 3 sprays = 10 hours longevity and decent sillage. I didn't kill anyone in my office with my stench, yet I could pleasantly smell myself all day.

The top notes are a nice warm chocolately orange citrus burst that quickly warms up into a fruity patchouli dessert --it doesn't have quite the same piney sharp patchouli Christmasy feel of the original (which I am determined to love someday, I am!) but the patchouli/caramel/cocoa/vanilla blend is an interesting gourmand adventure. Not as sweet as Eau Sucree, but very satisfying.

I am slowly working my way back towards the original Angel---I've purchased a small travel size and hopefully I can learn to love it. Having this one to bridge the gap certainly helps.

Peta22
Peta22

As if to demonstrate that fragrance is a mood thing for me, I tried this fragrance for the first time a couple of nights ago after having it sit on my vanity untouched for a few weeks since it arrived in the mail… OMG – what took me so long!!! I think I had a mindset that ‘Angel’ was too common and so I was sort of avoiding it but that was what drove me to blind buy the Taste of Fragrance edition – because I figured it was a bit different. However, the fact that I’ve fallen so hard for Taste of Fragrance Angel has prompted me to blind order an original 15ml Angel EDP to try... then I stumbled across a 10ml extrait and, because I’d never seen one before, I had to buy that as well! I find it fascinating that some people can love a fragrance so much while others actually find it offensive but I’m hedging my bets now that I’ll be one of the ones that loves the original Angel! Anyway, I’ll focus myself on the Taste of Fragrance Angel now… The opening is very strong but not unpleasant and I find it settles down within seconds. Then I get this gorgeous warm, sweet chocolatey goodness mixed with a very soft patchouli. I think I expected it to have sharp or cloying qualities but all I get is a beautiful, enveloping, delicious cloud of one of the most divine fragrances I’ve ever encountered. I can understand that this is said to be a very distinctive fragrance – it is very different to any others I’ve come across even when several in my collection have been reviewed as being very similar to Angel. I’m so glad I’ve finally given this line a chance and now I’m very excited to get my hands on the original. Yey!!

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

This is a creamier, calmer version on the Original Angel, which I own as well. I wear it when I want the gourmand scent of Angel bit not the brazenness.

jovejove
jovejove

This fall, expect to see Angel "Taste of Fragrance" and "Liqueur de Parfum", and A*Men "Pure; Malt, Coffee and Havane" make a return on store shelves. Additionally, you'll also see the new Pure Wood. I don't know if it's going to be the same everywhere else in the world, but I know in Canada, there's going to be an irresistible offer with the "Les Parfum de Cuir" collection starting in August at The Hudson's Bay.

Germany
Germany

A true chocolate version of the original. Nicely done !
I have been going crazy over angel liquer lately.( 2014 ) Hooked and addicted as a matter of fact. Usually what happens when I get so hooked on something I explore flankers. To see if there is anything even better,,,, or simply to have more of the same with a slight variation to it so it doesn't get dull ,,,I ordered the years old angel TASTE for a delicious little variety ,,,,,,,,it's like sniffing a jar of coco . Phantastic, delicious coca powder , lushesly tasty and rich. Very adult. Not a kiddy chocolate. Like a hot dark cocao chocolate with a shot of cognac and some tropical fruits . A little sweeter and more tasty than the original , less patchouli. Awesome !
Lots of compliments !

kayley123
kayley123

I get a lot of Cacao/chocolate plus some tropical fruits AT THE TOP, and it dries down to a slightly lighter, sweeter version of Angel, with the signature patchouli base.

Aeris
Aeris

Imagine that you just stepped into the pearly gates of heaven. Inside there is a Willie Wonka-ish playland. There are large fountains with chocolate milk instead of water. There are trees with tree bark made of caramel. There are mountains in the background made of pure dark chocolate. The ground is made of cocoa powder and it is sprinkled with patchouli plants dripping in vanilla and honey. That is what this fragrance smells like :) This is a fun twist on the original Angel. Enter the gates of heaven!

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

My favorite Angel flanker; all of the delicious vanilla, cocoa goodness of the original Angel without the dominant patchouli that turns it dirty /BO-smelling on my skin. I wish they'd sell this flanker in the stunning star-shaped bottle.

katmitchell
katmitchell

My first acquaintance with the house of Thierry Mugler was Womanity, and even though my nose was not ready for it, I soon fell for it and it is one of my favourites now. At the same time with me, my mum got herself Angel EDT, and I was really pleased by it but wanted something more sophisticated. Here comes Angel The Taste of Fragrance! I just love this bergamot note (or pineapple according to my mum) mixed with delicious dark chocolate, caramel and cacao powder. Structure is really complex and it doesn't seem like another boring sweet mass market creation. I just wanna eat my wrist! I imagine it would be even nicer in a cold winter's day.

Sherrywijaya69
Sherrywijaya69

I really love mugler and his creations of angel,this one isnt what i expected,it smells really sweet but instead of powdery sweet chocolate it is bitter,i know kts bitter cocoa powder but it smells quite green,not much but a bit..i prefer other versions of angel but this one isnt that bad itself

hanson26
hanson26

I'm enjoying this much more than I expecting. I hate the original Angel, seriously, it is my #1 most hated perfume. That said, I do like the concept, there is just something nasty and cloying about it to me (and my skin chemistry sure doesn't do it any favors). I once tried a cheap drugstore knockoff of Angel though, and to my surprise I liked it a lot! It was actually a gourmand, not some weird mix of patchouli, fruits, and chemical chocolate. Taste of Angel is like that. Lots of cocoa, chocolate, and patchouli, no strange cotton candy or melon. This is by far the better Angel, it's what the first one should've smelled like.

craftyminx
craftyminx

I like this much better than the original Angel. The cacao is much more pronounced, opening with a blast of pure chocolate. I feel like this is a refinement of Angel, pared down to its best, rather than having a million different notes competing with each other as the original did. I would never in a million years have thought to try this if I hadn't gotten it as an extra in a swap, but while the fragrance I swapped for (TM Innocent) didn't work out for me, this is absolutely lovely.

SadassaUlna
SadassaUlna

I am enjoying this very much. I think I detect vetiver and/or tobacco? Anyone else getting this? I am not a real lover of patchouli but I find Angel is very well-blended. And Le Gout is even better, less sweet and less patch - I think there is a woody/grassy note that makes this richer and somehow smokier.

[email protected]
newton904@hotmail.co.uk

I love strong fragrances and this does not disappoint. It starts with a absolute blast of chocolate and gradually dries down to the Angel we know and love. As usual with Mugler it lasts and lasts which with other perfumes is generally a problem for me. Managed to purchase two of these in Debenhams sale at half price.

maemaeri
maemaeri

Now I was very cautious about buying this particular perfume. I was not a fan of the original Angel and I was not particularly keen on sweet scents (I loathed the Aquolina Pink Sugar). But I wanted a scent that smelled like chocolate- not sweet chocolate but bitter.

So I searched and searched until I found Angel ToF. Let me tell you guys, I had to study the notes very carefully. I hated peach notes and the caramel made me a little iffy but after much deliberation I finally bought it. Such a blind buy!

When I opened the box, I immediately smelled spicy notes which made me a little nervous. Then I sprayed in on my wrist and my goodness I was in chocolate heaven! Bitter chocolate heaven to be exact! It has the perfect balance of bitterness and sweetness for me. This fragrance stands out amongst my collection. The smell is so unique.

It was loved at first smell! And the bottle...the BOTTLE! Gorgeous! The sillage is very good and it lasted pretty long on me too.

The only bad thing I can say about this is that it only comes in one size. 1.1 fluid ounces! So small! I would have liked a bigger bottle. And from what I heard it has been discontinued...makes me want to buy another one for back up.

adele l
adele l

Angel Liquer is still my all time favorite version for sweetness,nuance and depth. This version of Angel came across as incredibly harsh and strong in the open, moreso than the original. I find it mellows out during the drydown, the patchouli is less pronounced than the original during this phase..not too bad overall but probably my third favorite among the Angel flankers (of which i'm a big fan!)

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Like others have said, this is Angel with bitter cocoa powder. The cacao doesn't stick to its guns the whole way through, which would be nice if it did. Once that bitter cacao dissipates, what you have is a slightly more toned down Angel with slightly less patchouli. If you already own Angel like I do, you don't necessarily need both but I love this bottle and I'll always wear Angel, so this one serves as a sort of back up of the original. And yes, it's slightly easier to wear, but I already find Angel EDP blissful and I'd wear it anywhere. Like with her predecessor, I suggest going light on the trigger because she still acts and sounds like her big sister. Her voice is just a bit quieter.

saguna
saguna

Calmer than Angel. The sillage is a bit shorter but still huge. Cocoa is beautiful. Nobody will believe me but I thought they are sweet perfumes in taste, so I licked it... Yuck ;) Had Angel on my tongue. And my whole house laughing at me. Well, was worth a try...

First 2 hours its an odd odour on my skin. After 2 hours it gets better, but this will not be a favourite of mine. Thanx Allinug for the sample.

De 2 första timmarna är det en konstig odör på min hud, efter 2 timmar blir den lite bättre men kommer inte att bli nån favorit. Tack Allinug för provet.

KateAnette
KateAnette

I have to admit that I've never tried the original Angel. I ordered this as a blind buy, the cocoa powder sounded interesting. I was very sceptic before trying, as I usually go for low sillage perfumes. And Angel is anything but low sillage I've heard.
Well, this was a wonderful surprise. Bitter cocoa powder, and lots of it at the beginning. As it settles down, it's still cocoa, but it's getting a bit sweeter in the dry down. Never too sweet though, the bitterness of the cocoa keeps it well balanced.
The fruits drop in here and there to say hello, and gives this a somehow fresh all over feeling.
I was afraid of the patchouli, as I have Wish by Chopard, and that's supposed to be a "toned down Angel". Still I think Wish has too much patch for my liking. In this version of Angel, the patch isn't the main player, it has a supportive role, it's just right.
I accidentally also found out that this is great for layering. I put on a shirt that I had worn briefly the other day, and it still smelled of Narciso Rodrigues For Her. So I put 2 sprays of this on my arms. The mix of sweet orange, musk and bitter cocoa is gourmand heaven :).
This was a mellow scent, not at all loud (2 sprays), and on me it sits quite close to the skin. So those of you who like Angel but think its too loud, I think you should try this version.

EDIT I can't get over how good this stuff smells, the dry down is to die for! *Running to the nearest perfume store tomorrow to try the original Angel too* :D

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

To me, the Taste of Fragrance Angel starts low but finishes high.

The opening is like accidently spill out the cacao powder on one's face. Such an intense and fierce aroma. Then it quickly dissipates and unveils the patchouli-sweet chocolate combo in the original Angel. I was like, 'What?! That's all?! Just the original Angel hiding under a cacao coat?!'.

That's when the dark chocolate stands out and points my nose, 'Wait and smell!'. The patchouli and sweetness step back and let the dark chocolate play the game. I also get a subtle whiff of fruits like bergamot or passion fruit from time to time, which is a delightful surprise, as these fruity notes in the original Angel are often under the shadow of candy sweetness. After about 6 hours, the earthy patchouli mellows down, what's left on the skin is a cozy dark chocolate velvet cape. ToF compared to the original Angel is just like their bottle colour: a deep indigo blue of night compared to a brighter blue.

Among the Taste of Fragrance collection, Angel might not be as surprising as Womanity, which takes the scent to a whole new direction. However, Angel lives up to its name: deep, rich chocolate powder blended into the legacy of the original version.

The sillage is moderate and consistent for more than 12h. A fragrance of quality! However, I wouldn't recommend it if the patchouli combo in original version already bothers you, as the patchouli is still quite strong especially in the first few hours. But if you wished for a slightly less sweet version, this might be your Angel!

projectalice345
projectalice345

WOW. OMG. This smell is one potent elixir. Its like a sorceress from a velvet underworld demands your attention. ANGEL?!!!! What kind of angels do they have in Muglers world?!! Angels with leather outfits and weapons? Maybe he meant witch or sorceress!! I mean that in the best way. Even the silly commercial about it is misleading, I was expecting soft sheer notes, not on me I guess. Should have called it "Vixen". What a blast of Patchouli intensity.

With my chemistry its like a hurricane of patchouli, everyone is writing about the lovely chocolate and caramel not smelling anything like that yet. Im like Chocolate?!!! Where is that smell? Smells like someone showered me in red wine and dirt. And I liked it heady, boozey and dark.Oh uh...I have a pretty strong personality already I wonder if this is a good thing or not....

update: after wearing it for a while, I have to give up on my idea of Angel wearing, it just becomes a patchouli blast that I am not crazy about. It doesn't really dry down to anything else either, it just remains one note something I dont really like . i respect it as a perfume though, its powerfull and different.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

So disappointed! I truly thought I would Adore this version of Angel as I really like Angel and I LOVE chocolate (cocoa) so I though the two combined would be fantabulous! I've been wearing ATOF for a couple hours now and all I have to say is Where is the chocolate?!?!? It smells almost exactly like plain old Angel, I'm getting very strong green patchouli and not much else. Glad I only bought 3 tester spray bottles off ebay and didn't go for the whole bottle. Sad sad sad.....:0(

ssaminn
ssaminn

I love the intense cacao and dark chocolate opening but there is huge problem! tell me how could this be? the angel stayed whit me for 24+... !!! but this one, the taste of fragrance was gone after 4 hours?... is this possible?... i'm gonna sample again and report back!... :)

kirtylou
kirtylou

I got this one because I like Angel a lot, and I love chocolate. I was excited to try a version of Angel that really amped up the chocolate note.

This one smells a lot like Angel, but it does have a much stronger dark chocolate note, slightly toned down patchouli, and less of the red berry notes that original Angel has. This one also has less of a sweet cotton candy feel to it and is darker and richer. It has the same Angel sillage and longevity. Nicely done.

*Edit - after wearing this for a while, cocoa and vanilla notes pretty much take over. No patchouli can be detected. It smells warm and delicious, yet not too sweet or overpowering. This may become a new favorite, and I think I prefer it to Angel edt.

cecyben
cecyben

When I say "I will not find more delicious perfumes", I know this exquisite fragrance. Honestly, I'm not fan of Angel (I like it too much, but not a fan), but this has something special, something sublime. I do love it, plain and simple, I do love it ! It is different, it is addictive ! I want to use and use again. Try it, give it a chance ... you will not regret :-)

Forbiddenjade

Update: I received the bottle and on my way home from the post office I opened the parcel and tried it on, since I couldn't resist... an instant later I was thrown into a cloud of dark, rich cocoa!
The bitterness of it almost choked me, like if I'd ingested a table spoon of Belgian cocoa powder.
I like cocoa, but this isn't as pleasant as I wanted it to be; it's aggressive, to say the least.
However, after a few minutes - thank God! - the patchouli and caramel began to work their way up through my skin warmth, its alkaline PH helping.
At the end of the day I could still smell the dark, bitter cocoa though.
I'm not sure whether I like it as much as the original; that note it's somehow a "wet", cold smell and I love Angel for its warm, enveloping embrace.
I will try it again and again to see if in warmer weather something change.... update to come!

bp
bp

This perfume is really excellent.
Note up quite intensely cocoa mixed with all the features of the Angel.
We consider that this is a sweet scent with a little sugar. Despite containing sweet notes, he transmits the impact force, and not sweetness.
Just looking at the olfactory notes of this perfume, I stay instantly with the desire to have one. And the bottle is superb.
Again this is an Angel that is completely unisex.
I want one, no doubt (i'm a man, but this one is out of the world).
Again, Thierry Mugler has shown that your brand is the most spectacular in the whole universe of perfumes. ... at all levels.
ANGEL 4EVER.
Thierry Mugler is my favourite brand of perfumes.
Powerful. Bombastic.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This version of Angel isn't as impressive as the "Liqueur" version but still nice if you're a fan of Angel.

This one is much closer to the original.

It opens with a massive note of bitter cocoa powder, it's very apparent and not very sweet...but that doesn't stay very long. Once it's dry more of the original Angel emerges...it's just slightly more chocolatey that normal.

It seems to me that the patchouli in this is a lot more fierce, the dry down seems to be more masculine if possible?

Not much of a massive change from the original but still picked myself up a bottle for when I want that chocolate fix.

Forbiddenjade

Wherever I go people wonder 'who's smelling so heavenly?' and then stop me, asking what perfume I wear and complimenting how nice it is.
When I say it's Angel they can't believe it!

Perfumes not only change with weather (humidity in the air), but mainly with skin PH reaction.
I have a slightly acidic skin and on me Angel smells amazing.
Its dry down notes are not sharp nor pungent, rather smooth and enveloping.
Angel is my "je ne sais quoi" and I have just purchased a bottle of this one to see if it will react as wonderfully as the original. Hopefully, it'll be a little darker and more intense.
A definite to buy!

Norgirl
Norgirl

oh la la i like it alot .. its defenatly in family whit the beautiful Angel . But this one is a bit cleaner. not as strong on the patcholie. not as cloying as Angel.. defenatly darker and richer on the chocolate note. I like it alot.

vicka16
vicka16

The opening is very strong on the bitter cocoa powder (yes, the cocoa powder that you use for baking) and some patchouli, but the more time passes, the more The Tase of Fragrance starts smelling like the original Angel. I blind bought this perfume because I'm crazy about Thierry Mugler fragrances, but to be honest, for the price it costs, I don't feel it was necessary to have this version. No regrets though! ;)

*sophi*
*sophi*

Well, first of all i must add that i am not an Angel original fan and second, i am a fan of cocoa smell...
How can these two things be combined (?)...but of course Angel the cocoa powder (sublimee' de poudre de cacao amer)...!!!
I first smelled the bottle's spray and it smells like cocoa powder...then i applied the fragrance and i smelled the dark chocolate and few minutes after ,comes the patchouli aroma to join them all...
This perfume is all about these notes ...if it smells like Angel?It smells like a "unique Angel"- does this make any sense?

perfumebox
perfumebox

Composed by Aurélien Guichard of Givaudan (missing in the above description as of Aug 2012), this is Angel "grown-up".

Angel Le Gout du Parfum is "quieter", darker, less sweet, less tart, and after the initial blast of dry cocoa powder, settles down and is softer and more balanced to the nose. The first two times I tested it at the counter, I smelt it on a paper strip, and it was musty unsweetened baking cocoa for 5 minutes before becoming an earthier, dirtier Angel. Not that attractive.

When I took the plunge and spritzed it onto my skin, the scent unfolded down a very different path. The pungent blast of bitter cocoa was no longer as apparent and the "Dirt" note was pretty much undetectable. Instead, it's folded into the familiar fruity-sharp bergamot opening of classic Angel, but with a touch more translucence and depth.

Le Gout du Parfum is very recognizably "Angel" in its heart and drydown. The bitter cocoa unfortunately disappears quite fast, but the good news is it resurfaces hours later in the drydown (my favorite part), when lends some gentle weight and lusciousness to the familiar airy chocolate-patchouli accord.

I hesitate to recommend this to the average perfume buyer simply because you pay quite a bit to get a measly 1.1 oz of irreplaceable, limited-edition "jus", in a non-refillable bottle. If you hate it, it's a waste of money. If you love it, it's no longer readily available.

zabica
zabica

Only the first 10 minutes of it justify the price and the novelty. Everything else is just good old Angel, as we like it.

First minutes are chocolaty, and that sweet, cocoa sensation evaporates on the skin quite fastly.

Not enough to call it a new fragrance and put such a high price tag on it.

Blimunda
Blimunda

I have just come to the conclusion that Angel taste, to my nose, is the most comparable with Nirmala due to the the prominent note of passionfruit, while the main difference lies in cocoa. Angel is all over dusted with it. With that sweet and slight bitter aroma.

It's a real treasure and one of those that you simply cannot complain about, if only being a gourmand lover.

Lasting power is wonderful on my skin.

redrose
redrose

I prefer that one then original Angel.It is a bit more sweeter and calmer.Smells,clean,fresh and sexy....fragrance not for everyone like all T.Mugler's either you love it or hate it:) I love it :)

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

starts off with an extremely realistic bitter cocoa note with slight bergamot & earthy patchouli blooming in the background. As it transitions to the mid notes it becomes more sweet and creamy, slightly boozy-fruity, with a strong maple syrup and coffee aroma. The drydown becomes more cocoa powdery, still earthy yet sweet & close to the origional Angel. Truely gorgeous, gourmand & nearly edible.

Migotka
Migotka

I will start by saying I am not a fan of the original in the least. I strongly dislike it. Angel is one of my few perfume traumas, and I never liked any of the other limited editions too much (except of Bleu Lagoon, which did not have much in common with the original Angel anyway).

So Angel Taste of Fragrance came as a total surprise. It is probably one of the best limited editions of any perfume. Yes, the original Angel is there in the background, but so different with the powerful cocoa note! I have fallen in love with it at first sniff. It is rich, complex, sweet and warm. And has a lot of cocoa. It has a quality of good, dark chocolate- sweet and bitter at the same time. Amazingly blended, and I regret I only bought one bottle of this little masterpiece.

bjkeough
bjkeough

Whoopee~This fragrance is sold at Neiman Marcus for $90.00 and under $60 for some on eBay and Amazon~I'm ready for this fine fragrance and the gourmet cuisine. I'm a true chocolate lover and Angel smells out of this world if it's used properly.

noninoni
noninoni

Available two 35 ml brand new bottles for sale in package. Inbox me if interested

Kione
Kione

Thanks to a incredibly generous fragrantican I got to test this today.

I wasn't expecting the cocoa to be that real, but at the start it is! To the point that I thought "I am not sure if I want to smell like food". But that strong real note faded quickly to leave a much more perfume-y one but the original Angel is still very much there.

It is even darker than the actual Angel, yes, it is possible! I have been sniffing my wrist for a while and then just for a contrast I smelled the original from the bottle and it makes it smell almost fresh!

This is an incredible experience, I have to wear it again properly but its deffinitelly in my want list and it makes me wish it was winter again so i could indulge on it.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This fragrance it´s amazing!! Too much chocolat inside,it´s really yummi, and then it has that mugler´s touch, I can also detect the patchouli,and the caramel,I saw this perfume on the shelves and I tought someday I have to try this one,but I never did as I wasn´t really interested,today I wasn´t sure what perfumes I wanted to test,then I saw this one,and why not!? I really love this one,it´s going straight to my want list.. I hope I get one someday :)

Edit:
Got it and love it :-). :-) :-).

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Most likely the best version of Angel ever released. Strong, warm, gourmand, long lasting. The top notes are particularly beautiful... strong cocoa powder and dark, bitter chocolate. No milk at all. Patchouli shows up quite soon, as soon as the cocoa powder starts dissipating. It's a green, unripe patchouli.
Luckily the dark, onctuous chocolate still continues and mingles beautifully with the patchouli. At this point the perfume starts smelling more like the orginal Angel, with a boozy touch. The peach and vanilla are very soft, barely there.
Overall, I'd call this a "choco-chuli" scent.... :) Keeper for me.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

In one word this is delicious! It is a seductive dark chocolate waiting for others to eat you while you wear this! If you are a fan of chocolate and angel this is highly recommended. I want this in my collection so much!!!

nooory
nooory

When i first read about this here in Fragrantica i couldn't wait to try it. The intensified cacao note seemed too good to be true. Alas, it was. To my nose, this smelled WAY too strong and spicy. I know how oriental perfumes smell different in humid weathers (yes, i do believe in this theory) but I smelled the cacao on the first 10 seconds but then something else conquered. Smelled kinda like my mom's sweet spices cabinet (cinnamon، clove, etc..)
Now, don't get me wrong, i understand that these notes are no where near this perfume, but that's all what my nose detected.

But then again, maybe it's the weather.... hmm

c3c
c3c

This is a wonderful version of Angel. True to Angel style with an extra dose of chocolate. The patchouli is lighter but not by much. It begins with a hefty dose of chocolate followed closely by the familiar Angel midsection, still laced with a bit of chocolate. I basically forgot about it after that because I put it on in the evening after work. When I woke up the next morning I could smell vanilla and chocolate. Yum! The drydown is fantastic, I wish the middle notes were the same! So it isn't a huge jump from the original except who doesn't want extra chocolate? I think you still need to be a fan of the original to enjoy it. Different enough to be worth owning in addition to the EDP. One other note, it is as powerful as the original as well. I put one spritz on and could barely smell it but my husband (who is not an Angel fan) said it was like walking through a cloud. ;)

Addition ~ Don't get this on your clothes unless you really like patchouli. I've gotten some on two shirts now and the patchouli was all that remained after I washed them. It isn't awful, but it's very noticeable. It took four trips through the wash to eliminate every trace. So enjoy, but be careful!

passionata20

we want this version to be added to the permanent selection!!!! And bigger bottle please!!!! This one is simply the best version of all "Angels" i have ever tried!!! Very much wearable thanks to dark choclate and turned down patchouli! It is not so offensive to others but still it IS "Angel"!!!

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

ahh, finally.

THIS is what I expected from the Original Angel. A deep musky chocolate.

The problem for me with the original angel is that the patchouli overtook the entire scent and ruined all the other notes for me. In THIS version, the patchouli is subdued and the added cacao allows those desired sweet notes to come forward.

For those who can't quite handle Angel, I would recommend this version.

ralucucky
ralucucky

I like this one much more than the original and I had no idea I love chocolate in perfumes so much! Thank you, Thierry Mugler.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Cocoa cake with caramel syrup . Sweet , ''chocolate-like'' , long lasting . A very elegant - sweet perfume . Positive vote.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

The enhancement smells as if someone dropped a closed fist full of melted Belgian chocolates into the original formula. The chocolate and cacao are very superior. I almost want to say... it's too much & the caramel enhancement in Alien wasn't enough. Angel Taste of Fragrance gives me the feel of Acqua di Parma Mandorlo di Sicilia, only a lot richer and focused on that chocolate. I'm beginning to think the famous Chef who incorporated the gourmand note into this fragrance was Willy Wonka.

aelias
aelias

This is pretty amazing. It is indeed similar to the original, but the chocolate is highly noticeable. The chocolate almost takes the edge off of the original that makes Angel unwearable for a lot of people. A smoother Angel...the drydown is better than the original.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I love the original Angel, but I love this version even more! It’s like the original amped up with dark, intense cacao. I don’t find it sweeter than the original, just softer, smoother, richer and absolutely delectable. I don’t find the patchouli overbearing in the original, but I will say it is softened here a bit.

The opening is a heady burst of bittersweet cacao powder. It warms really nicely on my skin and combines with the vanilla and patchouli to form a luscious, creamy, spicy chocolate aroma. This is one of those perfumes that I literally feel emanates heat from my skin.

It smells the most similar to the original in the drydown, when the dark chocolate subsides and the honey-vanilla-caramel base becomes stronger. But the cacao doesn’t disappear entirely; I still get lovely wafts of dark chocolate throughout the drydown.

I am surprised to see fruit notes listed in this, especially the passionfruit, apricot and peach. I smell absolutely no fruit, and I’m perfectly fine with that in this perfume. This is a dense, heady, warm, oriental scent that stands well enough on it’s own for what it is: a dark, chocolatey dessert (sans any fruit topping). The cacao, vanilla, caramel and patchouli are the strongest scents by far, in that order.

As others have said, this fragrance smells refined and expensive…I think it’s well worth the money, especially if you are a chocolate fanatic. This is my favorite offering from Mugler’s Taste of Fragrance series.

Raina
Raina

Goodness, you have to love the smell of cocoa to wear this. It's like stuffing your nose in a tin of pure cocoa powder and taking a whiff. Wonderfully done! I can still smell Angel drifting in the background, but this is pure, rich, dark cocoa powder. Not necessarily in a sweet way either. With the disappointment of the Alien edition of this series, it's good to know one of these was done right. Brava!

Tulip211
Tulip211

Pure dark chocolate. Smells like cocoa beans. It is delicious! I find this Angel sexier than the original and perfect for the holidays. I assumed that it would be overkill, and super strong, but I find it easier to wear than the original. After the initial 30 minutes passes, the chocolate fades, leaving behind the good old angel you have grown to love. I think the timing is perfect, because the chocolate leaves before you have a chance to get sick of it. (though it leaves a faint trace of itself behind). The Angel that surfaces afterwards is also less "piney" and "menthol" like than the original. I love it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

My question is--why bother coming out with a fragrance that's so similar to one that's already been out for 20 years? It smells like Angel with a lot of extra, very obvious chocolate. I do like it, but I don't think it's different enough from Angel that I would pay for a bottle of this. IF you happen to be crazy for chocolate perfume, I would highly recommend this, because that would be the only good reason to buy it. Disappointing. I expected something more exciting, maybe chocolate and something else. A touch of orange zest might have been nice.

mara_g
mara_g

Like others here I have a love-hate relationship with Angel ....but now, thank to this new version I can finally say I found the angel I love! This perfume is absolutely fantastic and the reason why -is the amazing cocoa note from the top and middle notes. It's so good, I dare say nobody managed to do this before in the history of perfumery. Lovers of Angel please, I beg you try this version, it really made me feel in heaven after one sniff, and I'm already addicted to it. This is going to be my Christmas present :). Absolutely amazing , I'm speechless now....

anitagoodspankin
anitagoodspankin

I am a huge Angel fan but can't for the life of me find somewhere that carries this so that I can smell it! Does anyone know where to get this?! Please help!

katienchris
katienchris

I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE accord in in it is very long lasting like the whole day. I am lucky i bought mine on ebay for 60 bucks, so i am pleased i didnt lose out on too much money, if i dont like it later. funny it was listed under everything else on ebay not under fragrances, so i guess if you wanted a better deal scour ebay for it. My husband says he likes it too even tho earlier before i bought it he said he couldnt ever imagine a woman trying to smell like fudge

Cams
Cams

Quite amazing! The original Angel was no longer working for me but I tested this in the department store and wore it for 2 hours and then raced back to get it! Amazing and definately worth trying.

passionata20

Oh my God! Oh my God! My signature scent has just became even better! And i thought nothing will beat the original "Angel"! Today i tried it and was so amazed i started to run (literally) in circles at the depratment store, that much excited i was! This is the best "Angel" i have ever tried so far! Like the original but indeed with a overload of dark and bitter choclate that gives this "Angel" really gourmand taste! I wanted literally eat my hand! I will be definitly buying this, because it is not that much suffocating as original Angel and really really wearable! Patchouli here is much less offensive than in original one.
The saddest part is that it is really small bottle! Why couldn´t they make a regular 50ml bottle?? Definitly worth trying! Sillage is a bit lighter than with original Angel, but lasts all day long.

GOT IT ALREADY AS AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! SOOO HAPPY that i didn´t have to spend almost 80 euros to get it!! (02.12.2011)

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

This one smells like dark chocolate. It smells very similar to the regular Angel but with a heavy overdose of chocolate and without the stinky patchouli (earthy patchouli, which I don't like!). I didn't buy this (yet) because it's expensive and it's very similar to the original. But if you love chocolat, you'll love this one.

aprildawntaylor
aprildawntaylor

I have always liked angel on others but on me personally I would always have to wash it off in under 5 minutes as it would change into an unpleasantly strong smell. However, this version I can wear and love!!!

kassinator
kassinator

I am so disappointed in this perfume. I was really excited about it. I like angel quite a bit (notice I didn't say love, but I do enjoy it). I was convinced that adding a dark sultry note of bittersweet cocoa would just push angel over the top. Unfortunately this is not the case. The cocoa is very harsh and overpowering. I was surprised that it didn't meld with angel which already has chocolate notes. Instead it boldly stood out on it's own smelling almost stale and chemical... I felt like I was smelling two incompatible scents that were fighting for center stage. Like I said, such a disappointment. This should have been amazing.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I have a love-hate relationship with ANGEL. Yes, it is extraordinary and probably the world´s (no, the universe´s) most aggravating perfume....thousands of subway compartments were poisoned with this and cadaver flies come quickly when ANGEL´s in the air.....just kidding. Well, part of this I believed most of the time in the past few years.
I was fascinated but also appalled by this perfume.
It is unique and surely not everyone can wear (or like) it.

Now I discovered this flanker version and to my great surprise (and embarrassment) I now find myself in the circle of ANGEL afficionadas. This version has lots of scrumptious cocoa in it which made me a believer. This ANGEL is a bit less sweet and is hence a bit more wearable. But beware : it is by and large the ANGEL we have known.

It reminds me of Christmas, of delicious warm snacks that make my heart jump. I feel cozy and "at home" when I smell ALGDP.

Guess this is a limited edition (as most Mugler flankers). To me this is a definite winner.

ritacatita
ritacatita

Angel bodied with powdered dark chocolate.
The citrus fruits, the acidic and juicy passion fruit, the delicate peach and apricot mixed with vanilla calms down the patchouli.
A very well blended scent, into a soft patchouli sprinkled with dark chocolate dust.

SandraS
SandraS

Delicious! I'm in love with it all over again!

ArtisticElf
ArtisticElf

This is even better then the original angel for women if you can beleive it. I would stock up on this as with all theirry mulger angel flankers they dissapear quick then go up in price alot. This is less sweet then the original but even more gourmand! As with what Rose Selavie said, I like that the patchouly takes a backseat to the chocolate in this fragrance vs the other way around with the original. Silage, longevity and quality is the same as with the original angel. This could deffinetly be a gourmand lovers signature scent for winter!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

The entire Taste of Fragrance line is AMAZING! The Angel has this super-rich dose of cocoa!! Probably the best cocoa/chocolate scent I have smelled in a perfume. Don't expect this version to be more tame. It is Angel dipped in rich dark chocolate. It is Angel with a more depth and richness....cocoa heaven!

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

This is utterly brilliant. I tried it out today and after seeing my reaction to it, my fiancé bought it for me. I am a lucky lady.

You can definitely tell the difference between this and angel ESP, even the angel liquer edition. The cocoa is absolutely wild. This is the sort of perfume I'd wear to bed, and nothing else. It is almost a sweet version of Serge Lutens' Borneo 1834. Where it is dry cocoa, this is lush.

Bloody brilliant and I am so pleased that I now have a bottle of my own.

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

The difference between this Angel and the classic one IS noticeable. That`s why I like this so much. The patchouly note in the classic is too strong and dominant, but here the same patchouly is melted in dark chocolate which makes the whole story more appealing . It`s sweet in an original way, easily wearable and enjoyable.
Bon appétit!

Ártemis
Ártemis

This frag is a nice option for the ones that appreciate Angel but find it too strong. It is still Angel, but less sweet and at the same time very gourmand. The cocoa is very prominent and adds a mouthwatering truffle note to the fume, yummyness guaranteed!