Designers » T-Z » « Groups

The Taste of Fragrance Womanity Thierry Mugler for women

The Taste of Fragrance Womanity Thierry Mugler for women
dislike

marine
The Taste of Fragrance Womanity Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Womanity Thierry Mugler for women Pictures The Taste of Fragrance Womanity Thierry Mugler for women Pictures

Thierry Mugler presents Taste of Fragrance (Le Gout du Parfum) in autumn 2011, a project that unites the world of perfumes and the world of gourmet cuisine and taste. Four fragrances of the house (Angel, Alien, A * Men and Womanity) are enriched with a gourmand note or "taste enhancer." Helene Darozze, one of the most famous French chefs, was asked to make recipes for Thierry Mugler treats. The recipes can be found at the official site.

Womanity (“Femininity with a savory kick”) is the scent of figs, caviar and marine notes. This limited edition is enhanced by the aroma of fig chutney sauce. Available as 50 ml EDP.

Top notes: citrus notes, green notes, fig chutney. Heart: fig, caviar, marine notes. Base: immortal, cedar, vetiver, opoponax.

Citruses Green Notes Chutney

Al Nabha

The Taste of Fragrance Womanity Fragrance Reviews

happycapybara
happycapybara

So many great reviews on this fragrance. For me, it is salted, sweet, figg-y, delicious sea air. To my nose, this flanker is not that far off from the original. Chutney, yes, ok a little sweeter in a caramelized, candied fruit way. Juicier- a bit?, just as savory. I appreciate and embrace the subtlety however and I am SO glad that there is more than one version of Womanity to love.

To gush a little, TOF Womanity and Womanity are simply groundbreaking scents, as one would imagine/expect from Mugler. Fresh, and ripe and so unique…I wish there was another dictionary full of adjectives so that the same ones would not be used over again.. Compliments galore from this and original Womanity. With the right chemistry it is a show-stopper, so unique and divinely delectable. Bottle is fierce with the woman's face and chain on the topper. Love it!

Sillage: 4/5
Overall Beauty of Scent: 5/5

galaxy86
galaxy86

I do not smell any chutney in it. Just figs. And not only does it disappear from my skin but even clothes in 4 hours. Super low longevity.

Lizardbreath
Lizardbreath

There is an oddness to this fragrance; maybe sometimes it wears me and sometimes I wear it. When we are not "getting along", there is a repulsive note that smells too animalic, and the drydown is all cool, dry woods. Otherwise, it's mouth-watering and sweet. Even in its challenging moments, this perfume intrigues me. Should I feel guilty that the "sweaty panties" note sometimes turns me on?

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Fig, Caviar, and Chutney... as much as I like the original Womanity, this is amazingly beautiful too. It smells metallic, with salty-aqua note, zesty and somewhat watermelon-fenugreek accord that makes this unusual but beautiful.

I never wear Womanity myself, but I tried Womanity Le Gout du Parfum one day, and it happened that many of my female co-workers complimented me on how good I smell, and they were like eager to know what perfume I was wearing, but I didn't tell simply because, not that I'm ashamed of wearing female fragrances but because of the name, I just didn't feel good telling them, "It's Womanity!" as I couldn't possibly imagine on what would their reaction be. All and all, both the 2010 Womanity and Womanity Le Gout du Parfum are beautifully made (the smell is quite identical), they are wonderfully gorgeous scents, in a way I would say powerfully daring.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this for spring right now and its also very summery and fresh..i had to pull this out my stash and its like fresh femme beachy marine air..with the figs flowing fresh through citrus...a sexy beachy fruity scent...the original is not as good as this version..love!!

crisjoy
crisjoy

The original Womanity is just intriguing, you know, probably like a woman's nature:)
Its not for everyday at least not for me, it plays with your senses, one day its sweet, aromatic and comforting and then the next, its like "whats that fishy metallic smell"?:)
Now this version I can definetely feel the citruses making the perfume more approachable, lighter. And its not just a top note, they're blended in nicely, I can feel them throughout the day.

HausFrau
HausFrau

I have never understood the perception that Womanity smells fishy. The caviar note is abstract, it smells of salt and sea and were you not told it was meant to evoke the idea of caviar, you would simply believe it was a slice of cold, salted watermelon. In this one however, both that chilly aquatic melon note and the slightly underripe green fig note are downplayed and enhanced by a saucy, spicy, sweet and sour chutney note that is absolutely gorgeous. It literally makes my mouth water at first spray. Don't get me wrong, the salt is still there, adding that awesome oceanic vibe, but it's less fresh, and much deeper and sweeter, with a hint of cardamom and tamarind, and maybe some jaggery or dates (maybe even fenugreek) to make it sweet. I love both the original and this one, but this is certainly more of a crowd pleaser and develops so much more beautifully on my skin. I feel like it's a safe choice, but then again, I don't exactly find Womanity to be challenging to love either.

odie
odie

I am certain this is my next buy....even if it is a blind buy. I cannot explain it but I know I must own a bottle of "womanity" for my collection. However, I've never seen it in my country and if I do I expect it to cost over $300. I want it, just by the reviews here I think it will be a keeper.

22Elena22
22Elena22

This is a good flanker, longevity is better, about 24 hours, sillage still close to skin. I can say that the only noticible difference beetween them is that on this fragrance the caviar and sea breze notes are really, really strong from the begining, and the citrus i can barely feel it after a few hours.

hellokoi
hellokoi

This version of Womanity has the fig and creamy sweetness of the original Womanity, but it's like the freshness and oceanic notes were removed and replaced with warm, toasty, spiced notes and dry, woody notes instead.

When I first got my bottle of this, I didn't notice the cedar and vetiver, but those notes have gotten stronger with age and the drydown now has a good dose of a dry, woody base.
I love the extra sugar and spice from the chutney, which actually smells a little like cinnamon sugar on my skin, and something about the scent always reminds me of toasted hazelnuts.

It's a warm, dry, spicy version of Womanity. The original Womanity has a bright, beachy feel for me where this is more dark and spicy.

I wear this and the original and love both :)

guilhermefalcai
guilhermefalcai

The best women line Taste Of Fragrance. Is versatile, absurdly longevity and sillage. I am a man but I loved this fruity fragrance, fresh, slightly sweet. It was love at first smell. I use without fear and everyone around me want to know the name of this wonderful sweet figs.Unfortunately this is a limited edition but in my wardrobe already have a backup available so that I can enjoy this wonder pro enough time! This is a must have.

Redpula
Redpula

Womanity Taste of Fragrance is Womanity made sweeter, fruitier with a hint of soapy feel and citrus. It is less salty, almost no animalic feel because the fruity notes were a bit potent that becomes a bit synthetic plus way sweeter than the classic Womanity. Eventually, spices (maybe the fig chutney) kicks in after half an hour mixing it up with sweetness and fruits.

This version is no longer aquatic, not even woody and leaning more to feminine compared to Womanity that I feel could be unisex. Somehow I smell a vibe from Unbreakable Joy. Lastly, my two cents is I love Womanity Cuir version by a mile and by half, the classic Womanity.

This is a deeper, figgier Womanity. Less citrus, more salt and more of a foodie feel.
I'm wondering if the "chutney" note contains fenugreek, in addition to the immortelle, because there is certainly a maple syrup type aroma to Taste of Fragrance.
Womanity is a fragrance, that for me, works all year round. Taste of Fragrance I might reserve for fall/winter because of it's intensity.

ecerusen
ecerusen

love at first smell! musthave

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The opening of the Taste of Fragrance Womanity is like the drydown of the original Womanity: rounded salty fig. Then the chutney makes its entrance. Its spiciness, saltiness and sourness fill the grey zone between sweet fig and salty caviar and sea water and smoothes the transition between these two complete opposite aspects.

The salty fig base of Womanity is still easily recognizable. However, it's not crisp fig and caviar to be eaten raw like the original; instead it's smooth and savoury, like an elaborated gastronomic course. After 5 or 6 hours, the fruitiness takes over the gourmand chutney and the whole fragrance mellows into a cozy sweet fig scent.

If I am to compare the original Womanity, Eau pour Elles and ToF, I'd say the original is no doubt the version with the most edge, EpE is innocent and more playful but is still a woody-fruity scent like the original, while ToF has a significant gourmand vibe thanks to the incredible chutney note. If the original is like the blue cheese (we all know they don't smell alike but they're both loved or hated. ^.^), EpE like fromage frais with strawberry coulis, then ToF must be the main course accompanied by a Roquefort sauce.

Overall, I'd say ToF captures the spirit of the original Womanity while giving out a complete different ambiance. It'd be easier to appreciated compared to the original, like previous reviews stated. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 10h. It definitely worths a try.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

I received today My Womanity Taste of Fragrance and I am super happy with it. I own also the original one and I think this is more frutier but in the same spirit of womanity with the exceptional smell. Very long lasting and I prefer to wear it during warm weather. Happy perfuming, Thierry Mugler thanks once again for the utmost quality of your perfumes.

pippab
pippab

Womanity Taste of Fragrance is a totally 'out there' fruity, acquatic perfume. Ripe fig is to the fore and it has a distinct mineral accord. I think I can detect passionfruit and something medicinal, and perhaps a tiniest hint of vanilla in the background.

It's a shame it's a limited edition because I love this exquisite and unusual offering from the great Mugler. Staying power and sillage are unbelievable - I can still smell it after 10 hours sleep!

rzetzm
rzetzm

Opens up really fruity.. but each time I wear this I'm consistently amazed at so many of it's curious aspects...

...the bottle alone... as it mixes savory with sweet, and how it changes from sweet fruitiness to an almost manly woodsiness... I love this. Great lasting power, too.

TheCountess
TheCountess

It is definitely sweeter than the original. I must say I'm in love. Not only do I notice it like a veil around me, but somehow people areound me are going crazy over it. It's the best blind buy I've ever done.

It's salty mixed with sweet (somehow reminds me of my signature frag Hypnotic Poison, in terms of being salty and sweet and the same time), rare, which is what I believe Mugler was aiming for. Us women can be bittersweet and utterly irresistible ;)

The sillage is amazing (sprayed at 7am... and it's now 7pm and I smell it all around me) so I think it's worth the money.

P.S. This separates the girls from the women, not everybody can pull this off, so if you feel adventurous go ahead. If you dislike figs or frags that are sweet/salty/different... then you won' t like this.

themattsky
themattsky

Kinda weird cause I smell hazelnuts!

laantjebanaantje

Smells like an exquisite spicy dinner, served on metal plates in a space ship.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

grabbed this on fragrance.net...for 45 bucks....glad i waited and did a blind buy, cause i hated the original on me, this one is fresh, femme, pretty . beachy, slightly woody, nutty but stays just so fresh and very much a keeper! ...go to fragrance.net...and grab one or the taste of fragrance alien...they have it for cheaper! i always buy from them..to build my collection and get 15% OFF ALSO! CODE : THINKPINK ...:) today is 10/23/12

iam2sexy4uris

A better version of the original! A blind buy which I knew I was gonna love and indeed I do! This fragrance is so unique and incredible.

The original had this aquatic note that I wasn't particularly fond of, but this one is a masterpiece a perfection in a bottle! I can't believe it's going to be discontinued, Mugler why?

Womanity is such a love it or hate it kind of fragrance, but in my opinion, this Taste of Fragrance flanker is more likely to impress. It is less sharp, better balanced and richer on the skin, with the fig chutney really shining through.

I can wear Taste of Fragrance Womanity with ease, as I don't fear that anyone would ever find themselves offended by the way I smell. The odd, fishy caviar accord is all but diminished, and the fig accord is a lot more foody and polite.

It's difficult to classify this fragrance, as it's not quite a gourmand, but not a fruity floral or an aquatic either. If anything, it's a unique and fresh take on fig; both tasty and tangy.

For those of you that are avoiding this fragrance due to an intense dislike for the original, you should give it a chance. You may be surprised. While the majority of Thierry Mugler flankers can be tedious at the best of times, I'm really loving this Taste of Fragrance range. The added gourmand qualities have really 'amped up' and improved the overall compositions, while remaining true to the originals. Fig chutney goes perfectly with Womanity.

Unfortunately the lasting strength wasn't fantastic on my skin. The sillage wasn't as powerful as I thought it might be either, tending to soften after the strong fig opening. I will be using up my sample, but in regards to buying a full bottle, I'm undecided.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Mmmm Womanity smells like a bowl of Apple jacks to me idk y but I love it!! lol && I do like this over the others its pretty much to me just a more intensified version of the orig.also strangely call me crazy this faintly reminds me of D&G orig. for men least just to my nose...I really can't believe this is going to be disc. already :/ well I guess if something doesn't do well it just doesn't do well...can't help that it does smell better on skin && it is a beautiful bottle I guess womanity fans just need to stock up there's a whole crap load @ perfumania well our store anyways I think I'm going to just purchase a lil .33oz just to have the smell to remember only the bottle won't be as nice...well w/e lol :)

DJPINA1
DJPINA1

This is my favorite out of the Womanity Collection. First is a strong Cavair or Oceanic smell then the drydown is a wonderful citrus/spicy. With a sweetness to it.
When I first smelled Womanity I hated it, a headache that was horrible. But then with in on my dresser I would each day pick it up open the bottle and sniff it. Lightly dragging the sprayer on my arm. Then low and behold I fell in love with this collection.
I own all three and A TASTE OF FRAGRANCE is my ultimate favorite. Womanity I am going to wait for the fall and winter months to wear as it is a warmer stronger smell. The Eau pour Elles I wear during the day on the weekends. Also the Womanity Milk is great you can wear it with the entire collection of Womanity.
e

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

oooh, the sea!!! that's where this thing we call life all started ;)

huh, interesting notes. The fig tree is the tree of life, explaining existance, the ultimate womb.

Then cavier eggs another symbol of life

The fig itself (from the inside) is also a great example of life. hahaha

Cant belive I havn't sniffed this yet

actually, I cant remember if it's was hinduism, or it's predicesor.... that uses the fig as a representation of all planets.

Remember people, we are all just organisms made up of organism... basically we are an organism within an organism.. that's within an organism... that's.. ooh hell you get the idea... which makes up the one whole organism..

lol -- what a cool concept for a perfume!
It's all smoke -n- mirrors ;)

I'm now dying to try this~! YOU are an extreemly intuitive creative artist :)

I'm hunting down a bottle right now :)

laantjebanaantje

Of the entire LE GOÛT DU PARFUM line I think this is the best execution of the idea. I'm not saying it's the best perfume, I prefer ALIEN LGDP with it's sweet, buttery caramel.
But this literally makes my mouth water. It's so gourmand. It's just like smelling a really, really tasty dish.
The fig chutney is really potent. Sweet, tangy and spicy, from opening to finish, it's there.
The chutney enhances the saltyness of the caviar, it's much, much tastier then the original. The metallic bloodnote I got in the original is gone as well. It seems to me that the spicy-sweet chutney has somehow made a bridge in between the caviar/oyster/marinenotes and the fruity fig. It's not just two notes now, but something that makes sense.
I also find that the fig leaves and fig wood are more prominent. And that is the true genius of this fragrance. Despite all the gourmand scents, the woods and leaves still give the salt this fresh, sealike quality, so this fragrance stays very pleasant and fresh.
I think the WOMANITY LGDP is a better blended, better balanced and far more wearable version of the original. It's the same, but completely different.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

This version of "Womanity" opens fruitier than the original one. It's not completely different, but feels more feminine on my skin. Delicious...

duskangel101

This one is starys very close to the concept of the original, but it is indeed much saltier and somewhat less fishy. Also, there's a crisp, almost nutty scent that I pick up from the original that I don't smell in this; instead I get a salty burnt smell. Compared to the original, I find this much, much saltier. The saltiness makes the scent more gourmand, but not like any food that I would personally like to eat. Smell? Maybe.
Here's a plus, this has better sillage than the original.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a beautiful fragrance. I was already a fan of the original, but Mugler has made it even better. Womanity Taste of Fragrance is saltier, spicier and more complex than the original.

When I first spray it on, I get a blast of bitter woods and sweet spices. In the first few minutes it warms and becomes smoky, with a hint of green citrus lingering. The smokiness subsides quickly. The central note in Womanity is the beautiful, fleshy fig fruit. The chutney makes this really unusual, but warmly spicy and piquant. The woody notes are gorgeous. Thick, smoky vetiver and honeyed cedar make for a deep, earthy base. Opoponax gives a twinge of earthy-sweet resin. In the drydown, I get dusty honey and cinnamon, along with that persistent creamy fig and warm spice.

No doubt the spiced fig fruit and earthy woods are intense. But overlaying these notes is a strong oceanic quality. The scent of a fresh, citrusy ocean breeze plays throughout all stages of this fragrance. It reminds me of the open ocean – wild, joyful, unpredictable, and a hint unsettling.

In sum, this is a rich, sweet-savory fragrance with an exhilarating oceanic feel. There is a lot going on here, but it doesn’t come across as discordant or “too much.” It’s unusual, yet harmonious.

This is not a stereotypically feminine scent. It is not about light florals, candy-sweetness, or powdery softness. It has many facets – bitter, salty, sweet, savory, zesty, animalic. Admittedly, I still think the concept of “womanity” is silly, but the scent itself is so gorgeous I really don’t care about the misguided campaign.

Did a blind buy on this one and I THINK I'm happy with that decision

I didn't like it at first spray, the Cedar completely overwhelmed the figgy and salty notes. I also could slightly notice those citrus notes for the 1st 5 minutes and didn't like that.

BUT once it dried down, maybe 20 minutes later the yummy fig and salt of the original womanity was finally present - the only difference is that it's more intense than original womanity, which I personally think has a softness to it.

The bottle looks much nicer in person than it does in photos, which is a nice bonus.

misskaylapaige

I have a sampler right now of regular womanity and I adore it.

BUT - seeing the notes in this one I am STUNNED and desperately want to blind buy it even though it's a bit risky seeing as I already know I like regular womanity and could just buy that one.

But the fragrance notes in this one... how can I pass them up!??!

I am forever loyal to the House of Thierry Mugler

iam2sexy4uris

Wow, where do I find this? Why is it always so unfair that a great fragrance is not being sold in US?

Edit: I finally purchased this and this is much better than original. It smells richer and more spicier.

Very, very similar to the original Womanity, but eerily different. It's richer, more intense, more complex. I thought of the original Womanity as a summer fragrance. This special edition seems like it could be a summer night time fragrance or maybe even a fall fragrance. I would describe it as cozy, where I would not describe the original that way. It was strange to smell chutney in a perfume, but it was definitely there, and it smelled wonderful. I would have bought this, but I decided I like the Alien Taste of Fragrance just a tad better...but I still want this too!

Tulip211
Tulip211

Beautiful. All the warmth of the original, intensified.

The original womanity is a tom boy, frolicking on the beach during summer vacation on Martha's Vineyard. Building sandcastles with the boys.

But in this one, womanity is no longer a little girl. She arrives at Martha's vineyard one summer, and she is all grown up. The boys watch in awe as she perches on a rock, the waves crashing at her feet. Her curls blowing in the wind. She soaks in the sun.

The boys whisper to each other.. " It's definitely her, but something has changed!"

Love this one.

duskangel101

This one is basically the same as the original, but it is indeed much saltier and somewhat less fishy. Also, there's a crisp, almost nutty scent that I pick up from the original that I don't smell in this; instead I get a salty burnt smell. Compared to the original, I find this much more bland. But if you are looking for an office scent, this is't it either but it's closer.

passionata20
passionata20

I absolutly dislike the original "Womanity" but this one is quite a different story! Simply amazing and so tasty! Yummy! This kind of "Womanity" i would definitly wear and quite a lot! This fig chutney intense note is far more better here than in original one and here i don´t get much of a salty note that i really dislike in original "Womanity"! Definitly will buy 2 bottles of this one since it is a limited edition!
Lasting power and sillage are perfect! Just couldn´t believe how much difference it make by adding a bit intensive note! If you don´t like "Womanity" then DO try this edition, simply stunning, you might really fall for this one!!!! Worth every cent!!!

Cams
Cams

This is stunning! Wow. I have always been a little sceptical of the original Womanity just because it was sort of odd. But I couldn't resist testing the enhanced version just because it sounded intriguing. This is unbelievable - I was tempted to play it safe and go with the Alien enhanced version but I just had to go for it. I cannot stop sniffing my wrist. I have found a gem here. You must try it and give it a few minutes to do it's thing.

suile
suile

I have certainly given this one a fair trial. Tested it, foolishly, on my person, caught a couple of molecules on my coat, and as I was away at the seaside, couldn't put the coat into the cleaners.

Five days later, I am still overpowered by the smell. I shall for evermore associate Brighton with Womanity Special Edition.

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Seems very little different to the original, maybe slightly saltier. It's an unusual fragrance, but not a pleasant one in my opinion.

However, 14/10 for longevity.

Akahina
Akahina

Tried this right next to Womanity at Nordstrom's. Neither I nor the sales associate could detect any difference. More of the same...

lizzie81
lizzie81

Had a quick sniff of this today I thought it was lovely I actually preferred it to the original!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Another disappointment. Had to blind this along with the Alien Caramel one since the stores didn't have any testers. This one smells like the original, also, only the "ashes" smell that everyone talks about that's in the original is tamed in the one. So disappointed : (. Both are going back

**Update** OK, maybe I'll keep them both. I don't have my Womanity anymore and I'll probably just keep this one instead of re-purchasing the original Womanity

Bandit
Bandit

I am probably the only one with that opinion:

The Chutney Womanity is not worth buying, if you love that strange aroma of the original. The Chutney W. is stronger, sweeter, less ozonic, less salty; for me it lacks everything, which I find unique in Original W.

For the ones, who find O.W. disgusting, that one might be for you (and this is the target group imo). For the ones, who find O.W. simply a bad perfume, the C.W. won't satisfy you as well.

I think, I save my money for a big bottle of the O.W., as I love and adore strange perfumes. C.W. is not strange enaugh.

Fishy Fig Sweetness. All is still here. I don't find it much different from the original except the savory aspect is elevated, and it makes me salivate and think of food or something saucey. It is not as sweet as the original tho, which is a good thing. My final words, this version is a bit more wearable but it's still not for everyone; so Theirry Mugler.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

This version smells like the original with more fig. It seems a little stronger and more rich. It is very beaautiful.

Migotka
Migotka

The new version of Womanity actually does not fall far away from the original; the main notes are still fig and caviar, but this one is definitely deeper, fruitier and saltier. A Womanity with an slightly woody feeling to it too. Feels a bit like a fruit salad with a sprinkle of salt. And somehow, it works.

I think it takes all the best qualities of Womanity and takes them to the next level. I must say it is really intriguing, and once I finish my decant of Womanity, I will definitely be getting this one!

marcello19
marcello19

Sounds really good. Womanity is such an extraordinary fragrance so I hope that this new version will be as good as the original, can't wait to try it. :)

Marisa36
Marisa36

A co-worker wore this on her wedding day. Smells like watermelon to me and exceptional on her. Wow!

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

As an avid TM fan I love all of his limited editions there is always something new yet classic about them and this is by far my favourite out of the ladies editions.

Womanity to me was the sexiest most alluring perfume I have ever smelt. It always captures my attention. There is something feminine, yet strong and animalistic about it.

In this addition the inclusion of the Fig chutney has made this a lot fruitier (when I mean fruitier the fig chutney is alot juicier and tangy) and isnt as heavy on the salt aspect.

Give it a go if youre a fan of the original, I'd say this is a small yet amazing change.

The Taste of Fragrance Womanity by Thierry Mugler 3.81 out of 5 based on 265 ratings and 50 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler The Taste of Fragrance Womanity fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler The Taste of Fragrance Womanity, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Taste of Fragrance Womanity by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Taste of Fragrance Womanity by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.