Designers » T-Z » Leather « Groups

savory
leather
nutty
Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir Thierry Mugler for women Videos

Thierry Mugler is launching new limited edition collection Les Parfums de Cuir ("The Fragrances of Leather"), which offers new editions of Angel, Alien, Womanity and A * Men perfumes, coming out in October 2012. This collection celebrates the twentieth birthday of Thierry Mugler perfumes. For the occasion, four new interpretations of the famous fragrances enriched with natural extracts of leather are presented. This concept combines haute perfumery and the traditional craft of glove making and perfume craft.

The new fragrances are made by soaking the original compositions in natural leather for four weeks.

Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir takes on a sensual, intense and complex character that reveals notes of leather and stresses labdanum, already present in the composition.

Leather Fig Caviar Labdanum Fig Tree

Womanity

Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir Fragrance Reviews

aderesse
aderesse

I LOVE Womanity, it's one of my two signature scents. Sadly to say I found The Fragrance of Leather underwhelming. It's much softer, and lost all the unique qualities of the classic Womanity. Leather adds a smooth richness which could appeal to a broader audience, however on me it's lacking the sweet fig & salty notes which really shine in Womanity. I can barely smell the FiG :( There's also something sour and soapy in The Fragrance of Leather which made me feel sick to my stomach, so much that I had to wash it off. The drydown is a powdery, cinnamon spice which reminds me of L'Agent by Agent Provocateur. I have yet to smell The Taste of Fragrance, but for now I will cherish the beautifully original Womanity.

Lola_a
Lola_a

I LOVE womanity! I think I'd like this version too. Anyone looking to part with a bottle? Trade maybe? :)

verom
verom

Smells pure caviar.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Oh God... I'm on a roll with limited edition Muglers lately. I did not expect to like Womanity as much as I do, as I'm a certified Angel addict. Womanity is as polarizing as it is addictive. It is unlike anything I have smelled before. Sweet, salty, fresh, metallic and warm. This fragrance is not gourmand but for some reason, it whets my appetite! And I just love the leather element. The leather note gives the fragrance a deeper, well-rounded feel. The leather certainly tones down the caviar note, and adds a unisex quality to the fragrance.
I cannot stop smelling my wrist, and I can already hear my stomach grumble...
Now excuse me, I'll have to gorge on a slab of steak.

Redpula
Redpula

Womanity with leather/cuir is a beautiful innovation from the love/hate Womanity. This is womanity that has added green, less salty and a bit balmy. If Womanity was a weird scent that was done in a good way (though many do not like it also), this cuir version is the much improved one as it is less animalic, more nose friendly and much wearable to even a non experienced perfume explorer.
The leather tamed down the caviar and saltiness and indeed, I smell hints of green notes, maybe vetiver plus soft citrus and soft soapy feel. Definitely unisex and a good fall season wear. I like it more than the classic Womanity.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir opens with a strong sweet fig scent, very delicious and makes me mouthwatering. Then the salty caviar becomes more and more intense during the first hour, and at one point turns the whole scent incredibly salty while still remaining savoury. It then slowly calms down into a balance between fig and salty notes, thanks to leather that blends them in.

The leather is easier to detect towards the drydown but not enough to be picked as a distinctive note to my nose. The whole scent is quite similar to the original, at least closer than the Taste of Fragrance. But it's sweeter in fig, more intensive, almost gourmand in a gastronomic way. It's also less weird and a little eaiser to appreciate IMO, though it still requires a certain taste.

If you're interested in Womanity but don't like the crisp and raw aspect in the original, this leather version could be a good alternative. However, like Angel LPdC, the leather note doesn't stand out either in Womanity version. This should be considered if you're looking for a leather prominent fragrance.

LittleRed
LittleRed

I just bought this and I'm already prepared to get a backup. I love Womanity, I love leather. The two of them together is pure luxury, and close to perfection for me. We all know Womanity's animalic side - now underscore that with smooth but very distinct leather and a new level of sensuality is reached. The wonderful thing about it is that the notes don't stand apart - they blend and intermingle beautifully. I don't really see the original one as sexy but the combination with leather has definitely steered it in that direction.

I never thought Womanity needed tweaking or improvement - all that the leather has done in this case is deepen its character.

Her Excellency
Her Excellency

OPULENCE IN A BOTTLE!!!! I CANNOT STOP SMELLING MY WRIST!!!!!!!

Fancy
Fancy

It's wonderful!

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I have tested regular Womanity and didn't like the savouryness of it. However this version seems sweeter, more intense and I LOVE it, can't stop smelling my wrist where I tested it. I can smell the leather, not as much as in the Angel verion, but it's there. Will probably get it before it is discontinued.

passionata20
passionata20

30. october 2012

To me this is just a regular "womanity" with even more intense notes of everything. Caviar included. So that´s why i don´t really like it that much. The leather accord just accentrates that caviar note and that turns me competly off sadly. I almost loved last year "tast of fragrance Womanity" and also think this was THE best version of Womanity. Greart lasting power though and sillage as well, i had to wash it off several times to get completely rid of it on my skin.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I liked this edition of Womanity well enough, although for me it's the least different from the original in comparison to the other "Parfums de Cuir." The leather is noticeable but blended well with the sweet notes of fig and labdanum, as well as the bitter woody notes. The leather seems to smooth the whole composition out, in a warm and inviting way. The oceanic vibe of the original is toned down quite a bit here, which may make this version more appealing to some. I already have a full bottle of the Taste of Fragrance edition of Womanity, which still stands as my favourite version. For the time being, I'm fully satisfied with my bottle of ToF.

Hectaedrical
Hectaedrical

Womanity ya es de por sí, una de las fragancias más originales de los últimos 20 años, estoy seguro que el cuero la hará aún más.

Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir by Thierry Mugler 3.91 out of 5 based on 78 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thierry Mugler Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Thierry Mugler Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir by Thierry Mugler. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir by Thierry Mugler represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.