Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Moonflower Thymes for women
dislike

ozonic
Moonflower Thymes for women Pictures Moonflower Thymes for women Pictures

Thymes Moonflower is a mysterious fragrance of twilight with the notes of cinnamon, sugared quince, magnolia, mahogany, amber and cognac. It is available as 50 ml EDP and additional body care line. Moonflower was launched in 2009.

Amber Cinnamon Magnolia Melon Sugar Cognac Ebony Wood

Nantucket Briar

Moonflower Fragrance Reviews

Perfumedsecrets

Fyi: They brought this back and it's now $60, and it's still listed as a cologne. It was about $36. I think this frosted bottle was prettier and now it's plain clear glass, so I don't know why the price increase is so steep. I adore the scent, but come on, Thymes.

missmaggiebeth
missmaggiebeth

I find this to be a nostolgic scent for me. I do not get any melon and very little cinnamon and sugar . Instead I smell the cognac mixed with the amber and wood. I also get quite a bit of compact makeup powder and even a bit of vanilla even though these are not listed. This scent reminds me of adult dinner parties from when I was a child with a mix of sweet liquor, mixed with my grandma's perfume and the smell of autumn air by the lake. I think it is best used in late summer or fall just when the weather gets a sight chill in the air. Overall I think it is a beautiful scent but wished it lasted a little longer.

Trebix
Trebix

I stumbled on to this interesting fragrance by chance. I read the notes and decided to try it. I really like it. The cinnamon is very pronounced at the top and then the quince shines through land settles down to a nice mulled wine. I only need a couple of sprays and it lingers for hours. My coworkers said I smelled like Christmas, I keep this as my Holiday scent.

karenrobert
karenrobert

I have mixed feelings about this fragrant. On me, it's not too much of a food or sweet gourmand but it does have some sweetness fruity undertone that is very mild, especially after the dry down. I think this is a heavier velvetty wintery fragrant that will keep you warm. The thing I love most about this fragrant is its uniqueness. I have never smelled any fragrant like this on the market. There is something about it that kept me going back for more. I might just end up adding it to my fragrant collection. This fragrant kind of deviate from my usually light fruity sweet clean scents so it may take me some time to get used to it. It feels heavier, more mature. The younger people around me do not seem to like this fragrant on me. I find it a bit too heavy for my taste, but still a good fragrant for the right person, if heaviness, richness is what you prefer. I can't find the words or pin point what is in this fragrant. I tried the perfume roller ball and it's quite a lovely cozy scent great for the colder weather coming up.

raw umber
raw umber

On me, Moonflower is a heaping pile of ebony woods, dressed in a syrup consisting of plump red grapes and raisins. There's some other stuff going on too, but it's less significant. Great staying power as others have mentioned. If you don't like very prominent ebony wood notes, or sweet sticky ripe/dried fruits, this may not be for you. I sampled the EdP rollerball which was filled with glitter, which is now most likely inside my lungs, from sniffing over and over. Glitter-nose, Away!!!

Update:
I found that Moonflower becomes cloying after about 1/2 hr. The scent does not evolve at all with the sweet syrup going on and on.. Over time, it proves itself to be insistent and opaque. So it goes...

sashathestrange
sashathestrange

I really wanted to like this. It smelled lovely in the bottle but reacted badly to my body chemistry. Within a few moments of putting it on, it turned into an overly sugary, overly fruity (almost grapey. Maybe the quince?), in your face MESS. So bad I had to go scrub it off as it was causing a headache.
However, good news for those looking to buy it: it's got great staying power! It took three lathers and rinses to fully rid myself of it.

Perfumedsecrets

I was on vacation visiting The Biltmore Estates when I discovered this scent. It's all over the room of Edith Vanderbilt, and that made the room seem even more inviting and feminine. I was so pleased to see it later in the gift shop and recognize the scent. Moonflower will always take me back to that time and pleasant memories. It's a soft ambery floral, and well balanced.

Queen_cupcake
Queen_cupcake

I wasn't sure I would like such a fruity fragrance but I do like this one. I am not good at identifying individual notes but there is definitely musk and flowers. Sweet but not overly sweet. Kind of mysterious and only a little spicy on my skin. Today I am layering just a little spritz of it with Skin (a musk oil frag) by Bonne Bell (now made by Parfums de Coeur).

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

What an unusual fragrance! Moonflower has an incredibly tart, juicy quince note atop a thick, spicy syrup, all served up in a wooden bowl. The notes suggest an oriental gourmand, but somehow, it manages to avoid being gourmand or even too sweet. There's a note in the heart of Moonflower that reminds me of Rive Gauche, though I can't quite put my finger on it. The scent is very complex and should be tried on the skin if possible.

This one strikes me as more of an evening scent than daytime, but it's not so heavy that it can only be used in winter. It has good persistence and sillage, but is not overpowering in warmer weather.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Thymes Moonflower fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Thymes Moonflower, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moonflower by Thymes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moonflower by Thymes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.