Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Tiffany for Men Tiffany for men

Tiffany for Men Tiffany for men
dislike

Tiffany for Men by Tiffany is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Tiffany for Men was launched in 1989. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Polge. Top notes are lavender, green notes, mandarin orange, bergamot, cardamom and lemon; middle notes are nutmeg, carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, orris root, jasmine, cedar, rose and anise; base notes are tonka bean, amber, oakmoss, vanilla and incense.

Lavender Green Notes Mandarin Orange Bergamot Cardamom Lemon

Nutmeg Carnation Sandalwood Patchouli Cinnamon Orris Root Jasmine Cedar Rose Anise

Tonka Bean Amber Oakmoss Vanilla Incense

Pour Monsieur Concentree

Tiffany for Men Fragrance Reviews

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

This is a wonderful woody-nutmeg-spicey fragrance wich has a complex composition and an eviable persistence.
Tiffany for men and Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree are, both, creation of Jacques Polge, released in the same period, with very similar architecture, but I see Tiffany for men as a superior product overall.
Coming from an era of sacred monster like Egoiste, Opium Pour Homme, New York de Nicolai and Antaeus, represent a reference both to the 80's tradition and vintage fragrance lovers.

Fragrance 10/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 16 h

the_badger
the_badger

Opens up with a Kouros-like, 80's kind of smell but then it settles into Old Spice with sandalwood. Can't really complain, I have been searching all this time for something like Old Spice but with better performance, I think this might be it.
Not recommended for younglings, it definitely has an old man vibe, no wonder Mr. Maillard likes it so much :v

morkant
morkant

I was lucky enough to find a bottle of the vintage, darker liquid, `COLOGNE` labeled version online and it its worlds apart from the modern version. Now all the rave reviews make sense.

This begins very quietly, almost disappearing on the skin for the first 15 minutes, before it sneaks up on you and starts to radiate this amazing warm woodsy glow, like sunshine shining through the window in the dead of winter, warming up the old wooden furniture and making the whole room glow.

Sniffing this after the first 15 minutes for the first time made me look off into space for a moment and gave me that `whoosh` feeling..

steve0580
steve0580

I'll start by saying that I didn't realize that I'd like this fragrance as much as I do.

I got a sample of it from a fellow fragrantica member and thought it was pretty good. It's spicy, clean, powdery, ever so slightly sweet but I don't really smell the woods coming through. At best, maybe a hint of woods but certainly nothing at the forefront. Nevertheless, I thought it was nice and classy enough to get a bottle.

Since this was a "like" and not a "love" fragrance for me, I thought I'd buy a bottle if I could get a good price. After looking a bit on Ebay, I found exactly that and bought it. The bottle I bought was used and I'm fairly certain that it's a vintage bottle. I've been told that the vintage is different than the reformulation but I don't know which identifying charactaristics to look for on the bottle to discern the difference. Anyway, I'm thinking it's vintage, because the bottle I have smells exactly like the vintage sample I was given.

After spraying it on, rather than using the 1ml dauber from the sample to swipe it on, I have to say that I can't stop sniffing my wrist and that it's rapidly moving up the scale from "like" to "love".

Excellent fragrance: 8/10

RickyDot
RickyDot

I'll say this in the simplest way possible: Woody incense with sweet spiciness.

It has class, elegance, and quality. It's awesome. A definite winner, and versatile.

zimatar
zimatar

Its vintage juice has got that amazing powdery drydown despite its citrus opening similar to a lighter version of a vintage Chanel PM.

cytherian
cytherian

There's no doubt that if you're familiar with Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT Concentree or vintage Egoiste, you'll find Tiffany For Men a bit familiar. Definitely feels like this was brewed from the same base blend. Slightly more powder and sandalwood, less sweet. Longevity seems to be about the same. Overall, this is a fine variant, one worth owning.

This was a sleeper up until this past year. More bidding competition now is starting to punch into new pricing highs, but you can still find deals if you are patient. Is it better than Chanel's fragrances? Well, that's subjective. I say they're both worth owning.

Highly recommended, as well as reading of Alfarom and Colin Maillard's reviews.

NOTE: There is also a "Cologne Concentree" version. It's very much like the base cologne, but not more concentrated... a little more astringent, less wood. Not a huge difference. Somewhere between a flanker and the original

Fragrance: 9.5/10.

Iris_it
Iris_it

Here is another BEAUTY of the 80s I wear with delight . So my ladies , if you appreciate gorgeous fragrances such as Bel Ami by Hermes give a try to Tiffany for men , the first formula in the aqua blue box without the horizontal line ( this one being the second version ) . It is not a macho men perfume and I find it even easier to be pulled off by a lady compared with the other Jacques Polge's beauty Egoiste first version ( Eau de Toilette is written above Chanel on the bottle of the very first formula ) .
Tiffany is a must have !

Tiffany For Men (vintage):

For completely unknown reasons, I always avoided reviewing Tiffany For Men. There's something about it that hardly translates into words but, when it comes to classics from the golden age of masculine perfumery, this is definitely one of my pillars.

A rich and complex spicy-woody concoction with an intoxicating mossy presence and an endless ambery-woody drydown. Somehwere in the middle of an hypothetical triangle composed by Parfums De Nicolai New York, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and Habit Rouge. More complex than PDN's New York, sort of the good-looking twin of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree and definitely less sweet than Habit Rouge yet, somehow, related to all three. A masterwork of restraint and elegance for anyone who doesn't want to give up on both character and presence.

There's really not much to add here if not that anyone who's into fragrance more than simply for *panty-dropping* matters, shouldn't miss the chance to at least experience these masterworks from the past before they're gone forever.

Rating: 8.5-9/10

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Straight to the point: Tiffany for Men (vintage, "cologne" version) is a masterpiece. Polge composed it pretty much when he was working on Chanel pour Monsieur, and the similarity is quite clear, but to me Tiffany overpasses the Chanel to any extent - creativity, class, opulence. If you want, this is far more "Chanel" than that one. The opening is quite, and in a way "deceptively", adherent to late 1980's style: a chypre accord with sweet and powdery nuances, that is classic masculine structures revisited with a dandier, more exotic and more feminine touch - the Nineties are around the corner. In a way the opening is also a bit similar to Héritage by Guerlain, but only in this very first phase, and anyway in a far more compelling and balanced way here. The initial accords are all about powder, woods, oak moss, dense humid flowers (rose, carnation) and spices, quite "heavy" in a way, but wait just a bunch of minutes for heaven's door to open. Not more than thirty minutes after application the scent literally opens, or in a more figurative way, "blossoms" with an airy, spacious, dimensional power which I have almost never experienced in perfumes - and that surely is the first significant mark of difference with the abovementioned scents this one is often compared to. Partially this would be probably due to the extremely high quality of materials, as this scents dates back when brands still destined high budgets to perfumes; and partially to the talent of Polge in using and balancing them. Once the opening phase passes, everything starts to smell more and more sumptuous, golden, invigorating, extremely sophisticated, with a palpable yet oniric feel of silk, warmth and elegance, with just a hint of shady animalicness on the very base. The smell of pure luxury - Clive Christian, Roja Dove, Amouage? Parvenus. Tiffany for Men is even quite simple to describe as regards of what it actually smells like, as I mentioned above it's basically citrus-neroli notes on head, oak moss and rosewood on the base, a really subtle and velvety woody-smoke note all over which creates a great sense of "shady" and sensual refinement, and then this central symphony of talc, iris, jasmine, rose, carnation, spices, vanilla, sandalwood and amber notes, both the "warm", sweet amber note and something which to me smells like amber gris, the real salty-camphoraceous one (but it may just be benzoin which creates that feeling with woods). All realistic, vibrant, golden - we're talking about great iris, great rose, great woods, (perhaps) great ambergris... you can imagine how deep, rich and faceted this gem smells. It's exciting how the greatness of this fragrance grows as minutes and hours pass, contrary on most of nowadays' perfumery (niche included), where averagely all happens within the first hour, then it's all about declining power and faint drydowns. Here, the more hours pass, the better it gets, with a transition towards a dusty woody-iris drydown with a stout oak moss base still dusted with talc, spices and vanilla notes. Which lasts for hours. Tiffany for Men is possibly one of the most refined fragrances for men ever made, and probably (not to sound presumptuous) one of those which are more likely to be loved by people who love perfumes - like those obscure musicians which are praised by colleagues far more than by the audience. Self-confident, restrained just enough, modern and incredibly classy, with just the right amount of dark exoticism yet completely civilized and safe. Finally, one of the very few scents which embodies and expresses my concept of "exclusivity" *solely* by olfactory means (neither by price, nor marketing bollocks).

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

Sweet citrussy/fruity, powdery and spicy, this is a scent that spice-loving women can easily wear as well. I certainly would if I had it! On me spices have the centre stage, quite a lot of anise and cloves (even if cloves is not listed, that's what I got maybe from carnation), sometimes a bit too strongly for my tastes but mostly well balanced by the sweet fruitiness and warm base. Personally I don't find it an elegant scent, for that it is too fruity-sweet and slightly lacking in balance (but not complexity), but a very nice one to wear when feeling like something warm, sweet and spicy. It has a real "classic" vibe without feeling superexclusive.

orlandopiano
orlandopiano

Very nice fragrance. However, I prefer the similar Chanel Pour Monsieur. As you probably know, it was created by the same person around the same time (1989). However, the sweetness and distinguishable complexity of the Chanel puts the Pour Monsieur a full step above. Oh yeah, and the Chanel is about $25 cheaper. Go figure.

Manny44
Manny44

Masculine masterpiece. Haven't dared sprayed more than 1 1/2 sprays. And even then I only wear when I'm going to be outdoors. A formal Summer Wedding Parfum. More complex than Pour Monsieur in my opinion. CPM is for the office.

drakecito
drakecito

This is very dificult to me.
I bought a sample bottle of 5ml from Fragrancex and I love it. This is a woody-spicy masterpiece, incredible well blended.
Then, I bought a bottle from Ebay and looks to be original, but.... Smell too light and cheap. Like a watered down version.... Will be the new formulation that somebody talks ??.

I will never know it... :(

henri345que
henri345que

Tiffany For Men is Class in a way that it`s not produced anymore. For me it sits between an execution of a Guerlain and a Chanel fragrance, and it`s a fragrance that would suit mens and womens. It starts with a classic citrus accord, bright, sliglhty green and bitter, and at this moment it reminds both of Chanel Pour Homme and Boucheron Pour Homme. Then some powdery aspects join the citrus parts, and at this moment there is an Habit Rouge aura, but more balanced, without the dirty aspects and balanced on the sweet part. There is something slightly balsamic and woody over the citrus and powdery parts. If you like complex fragrances and doesn`t have anything elegant that merges citrus, powdery, woods and resins, Tiffany Men is a strong option to be considered.

lollotyp
lollotyp

This is a creation in perfect Chanel Style, by J. Polge the Great. Lovely fragrance, vintage dream: 10/10

scentimus
scentimus

Do you guys think that this scent has a close resemblance to Escada for Men? I have Escada for Men & sampled a couple of sprays of this. It's got that powdery-citrus musk classic vibe going on. What do you guys think?

al.to
al.to

VERY interesting frag,bittersweet balance between
orange peel sandalwood and true natural iris root
very powdery effects in the middle you can feel something like honey.
At the end a beautiful amber effects it remind me the amazing end of M7 with ambergris replacer now lost somewhere in the Ifra restrictions.
not dated not so masculine.

better then its competitors like chanel pour monsieur (concentrèe),bois du portugal
and...Dior Homme intense!!
Personally I think Tiffany is more contemporary and easy to wear than Dior Homme(last formula)
The idea iris+somethingsweet woody etc is best done in the Tiffany

the only with some points in common is PdN NEW York but this one completly lost orris root note; afterall tiffany is nobler
9.5/10

bcoops
bcoops

I got a sample of this and cant help but think of brute or old spice, not sure which one....any of u smell a resemblance ??

Excellent longevity/projection this is not cologne

Update: this has the best longevity of any frag I have tried till

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I have been wearing this every day for the last week. I actually got it as a sample when I was part of a split. I have read "old fashioned", "overrated".... I will say this.. it could easily move into my top 5 lists and could be a signature for me. For some reason it does it for me (my nose). It starts spicy and citrus like a lot of "powerhouse" frags. And then the sandlewood (which I usually have not liked) comes in giving it a woody sweetness. Then it becomes sweeter in the heart for me, but not desert or candy or sugary it is all held in check by the spicy accords and the creamy woodiness.

As it gets deeper into the heart it becomes a bit powdery but not in a bad way. It adds to the sophistication the charm so to say of the fragrance, etching up the elegance in my opinion.

The longevity is superb, the aroma tantilizing and the quality outstanding. I am going to work through a sample set I purchased on ebay and if I wear it like I think I am headed to Tiffany in North Dallas to make a full bottle mine!

junior halston
junior halston

This not discontinued it can found only in Tiffany stores and on their website.

brewelexa
brewelexa

Gorgeous professionals I knew wore this one. M.D.'s, attorneys, international businessmen (and women) relished in this masterpiece.

And so did I although I'm nothing to fancy and marvel at as opposed to the folks I knew who did wear this fragrance.

I'm not, nor was I one, a loyal devotee of the Tiffany & Co. fan club.

I just loved the fragrance for men, that was all.

Simply stated. I remember the uproar amongst my circle when it was discontinued! Oh, the memories!

The ultimate powdery, sandalwood oriental designer men's fragrance, I'd say. There was talk that there are at least two versions. All I can say is that the one I have is very strong and long-lasting. The other thing is that the oakmoss is quite strong (which may be why it had to be reformulated, if it was), so you've got several strong notes that waft up, and if you don't like any one of them, you will probably not like this one. This is not for the office or the summer, and most young guys would think this too "old," I'd guess. It's natural smelling and well blended. I'll also mention that if it's too strong you can dilute it with perfumer's alcohol (I just use vodka), which is what I've done successfully (for my tastes) with Kouros and One Man Show. The only other one I can think of in this category is JHL, but that one comes across as more "floral" than this one. Also, JHL isn't as dynamic as Tiffany. However, lately I just can't wear this one, due to a searing quality that I have yet to encounter in any other!

ION
ION

This perfume is me. This is ION.
Unfortunately there's no way to get it here, Tiffany won't ship it either and my sister who visits New York every 2 months has no free time to get it for me.
Any kind soul out there? :-)

Grottola
Grottola

Tiffany for Men is a classic masculine fragrance that I'm glad to own. I have to be in the mood to wear it, but it never lets me down. It's a very floral, powdery oriental like Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree (released the same year and also by Jacques Polge), however Tiffany for Men smells more refined and classy. I usually hate powdery fragrances, but this one is tolerable and complex - it's really the only true powdery fragrance I enjoy. Also, look for the chypre structure hidden under that powder; yeah, it's an oriental, but there's a chypre in there too and that's some good blending. When I say I have to be in the mood to wear it, this is mainly because I have trouble wearing powdery orientals when I'm moving around. It may sound weird but it can make me feel heavy, hot, and bothered. I have the same problem with a few Amouage fragrances.

Tiffany for Men can be a doozy for many fellas, but when approached with an open mind it's not so bad, and will most likely grow on you over time. That being said, I find it quite formal, so I usually save it for formal occasions.

Black Mask

ADDENDUM: I find that the least expensive, and by far the most fun and most elegant way to buy Tiffany For Men is directly from Tiffany. Most ebay and Amazon offerings are much more expensive (especially if you buy less than 3.4 oz bottle) and even with shipping Tiffany is less expensive. Also, do not waste time checking out the normal discout perfume sources: even if they promise Tiffany Fro Men in search engine results, when yhou get to their web sites they al are "oput of stock." GO DIRECTLY TO TIFFANY.

Black Mask

This is an assured, complex fragrance that is not immediately accessible. I find a note in the opening a bit agressive for my taste (I'm told this is rosewood) but as its acerbic pungency dries down this accord gives a unique strength to the total experience of the fragrance.

This is not an immediately beautiful fragrance, Nor is it an immediately comforting fragrance, But it is extraordinarily deep, ever changing, subtle, long lasting, fascinating, and potent.

As the top notes dry down, and the total aura settles, a rich oriental tapestry unfolds with a full but quiet, woodsy bottom. This is a very smooth, ever evolving fragrance that leaves an attractive, full wake and that lasts many hours.

The highest compliment I can give this creation is that unlike many attractive scents: The man who wears this fragrance will define it's character to the world as much as it will define the man who wears it.

aliaskar
aliaskar

Tiffany for Men is the best from all the other men fragrance

hoelahoep

Groomed,dressed up and ready for cruising down town. what a delight to be able to wear a fantastic scent that almost nobody owns and nobody recognizes....

Last time i've been getting a lot of compliments and questions.......this is a well kept secret, ladies and gentleman.

hoelahoep

My Tiffany for men.....another cherished diamond from Chanel's master nose jacques Polge.
Hard to find, only sold by Tiffany online and sometimes (if you are very lucky) on ebay.

This 1989 scent is 200 % pure lust,
pure elegancy in a bottle. Put on your nicest suit, your finest tie, your 10 K panerai designers watch andjust a few sprays of this delicious scent.

Go dining in your favorite michelin two star restaurant with your favorite girl and enjoy......
Everybody you meet wearing this recognizes the sophistication, the luxury and refinement of this scent in an instand.

In my top 5, for sure....if you can get your hands on one, buy it! ( you won't even have to try it)

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

There are times in life you buy an item to be able to say you bought something from a certain place. Tiffany & Co. famous torquoise color boxes or bags are recognizable by everyone.

I don't remember if I bought this scent for the reason mention or because I enjoyed the fragrance back then.

The fragrance is complex and sweet(very artificial Vanilla). I have a little left but use it more as a room fragrance. It does have staying power but it is somewhat dated. I am glad I can say I have purchased something from Tiffany & Co. This is not a fragrance I will be purchasing again.

Tiffany for Men by Tiffany 4.45 out of 5 based on 148 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tiffany Tiffany for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tiffany Tiffany for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tiffany for Men by Tiffany. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tiffany for Men by Tiffany represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.