Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

McGraw Tim McGraw for men
dislike

whiskey
McGraw Tim McGraw for men Videos
McGraw Tim McGraw for men Pictures McGraw Tim McGraw for men Pictures McGraw Tim McGraw for men Pictures

McGraw by Tim McGraw is a fragrance for men presented as the first perfume by country singer Tim McGraw. The perfume was launched in 2008 and constructed as a woody-spicy fragrance. It opens with bergamot with nutmeg, while a heart is opulent and juicy with lavender wrapped with moss and Artemisia. Base notes finish with amber, patchouli, sandalwood and tonka, decorated with intoxicating aromas of whiskey. The perfume is available in three amounts: 15ml edt, 30ml edt and 50ml edt. The nose is Coty.

Nutmeg Bergamot

Lavender Oakmoss Artemisia

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Whiskey Tonka Bean

Route 66

McGraw Fragrance Reviews

Whiskey jim
Whiskey jim

Out of all of the colognes I own, this one is one of my favorites. To me, it almost smelled like Dr. Pepper. When first put on, it smells smooth and sweet with the subtle spice of nutmeg. It later develops to a more woody scent with the sandalwood and very light undertones of whiskey. Not a real robust fragrance but definetly a good manly scent. I would have to say though, it may be a potentially more difficult fragrance for everyone to wear-smells a lot better on some rather than others (my friend liked it on me and got it for his self, but didn't really smell great on him). overall, I'd give this an 8/10

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Man, Honest to god. I spritzed a bit on the back of my hand at a K-mart, 'cuz they had a tester out.
30 minutes later, it was almost gone. I can still smell a VERY soft scent that's slightly sweet and green, like a synthetic, tiny flower. (mind you, I don't find synthetic scents bad)

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

This is a signature scent of a guy that i work with in a machine shop. It smells good and seems to last long on him (im the second shift he is mornings)... I used his after shave he keeps at work, cause i ran out of mine that morning. razor burn was killing me.
To say the least, i felt like a french hooker... Cheap and trashy.
Keep in mind that it was only the after shave
Nice on some, dreadful on me.

gianmarco
gianmarco

Just smelled it, smells really good, This smells identical to the cologne ROUTE 66, which i think has been discontinued, great scent

lister
lister

Nice bottle,southern accent.Splendid in redneck style.Hot summer with a glas of whiskey over ice-simple ,but refreshing,I should say that I smell tonka not whiskey...Somehow reminds me Dunhill Persuit by Dunhill (sandalwood?),even the bottle.Gotta say that Dunhill is more sifisticated in comparison to Timy McGraw.

andy
andy

tim gets mad props for making a rugged fragrance in his own style, i get some greenery and outdoors feel to this one and its kinda woodsy and herbal in the drydown which makes it a very rugged type of sporty fragrance

dmoman
dmoman

Smells very good, has that boozy smell and i like that alot BUT..doesn't last as long as I like it nor does it project very well. Good to wear for a event for a few hours. Good alternative fragrance if you can't find anything like it with more silage and longevity.

babybash44
babybash44

I'm glad that I bought the 15 ml bottle- totally not my schtick. To me, it smells relentlessly sweet. Just that. Like a caramel with aspartame stirred in. That's all I smell is this overpowering sweetness that smells like whiskey for a four year old- diluted with SUGAR. It's not compelling or addicting, nor interesting to me. So yeah, there's my rant.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I can tell that its materials are of a higher grade than those of most celebuscents, but I must be partially anosmic to McGraw, as I can barely smell it. There's a brief burst of spicy sweetness, a touch of wood, and then it's gone. What I do get are very sheer lemon, nutmeg, and tonka notes against something that reminds me of the "leather" in English Leather. It's possibly the same aroma chemical, only a bit upgraded and without EL's raspiness. Nice enough, but totally forgettable.

krmarich
krmarich

This was gifted to me this year and I appreciate the chance to sample it. Nice body wash accompanied it-I always love that. Celebrity fragrance only go so far with todays very fickle market. As a fragrance, it is rather traditional. A very predictable fougere that has a very old school character.

Yes, we have been here many times before in the past. Lavender, bergamot and oakmoss are wrapped in tonka and coumaron. Its a bit sweet to be rugged. At no time is there a whiskey note. Perhaps some smokey incense at the base. Cowboys? I dont think so.

Is this the American country? Not at all. Its actually very French. Its inexpensive and totally wearable. Dont let the celebrity fool you. Will it be on the market in 10 years? Its highly doubtful. Get a bottle and stash it away.

The longevity is good but the projection ("sillage") is poor, and as another reviewer said, that is just not acceptable, because fragrances with a similar idea, such as Kors' Michael for Men, last a long time with good (or better) projection. Also, if you don't like lavender I don't see any reason to sample this one, because the lavender lasts a long time, though you may have trouble smelling it. At best, I think you'll get a mild waft every once in a while, but if that's what you want and you like lavender, this may be the one for you, since it's not expensive and it's reasonably natural smelling. It has a kind of creaminess that I tend to dislike, but it's quite good here. It's got an "old school" musky fougere aspect to it, but it's not as dominant as in those older fragrances.

I would not buy this one at retail prices, but that's because I already have a bunch that are somewhat similar and I like better. However, if you see this one at your local discounter for around $5, you might want to buy it, assuming you want a subtle fragrance and you enjoy lavender. If I sprayed 4 times or more to the chest, I might have a different opinion on this one, so I'll have to try that one day, when I'm really in the mood for this kind of fragrance (then I'll update this review). I think with 4 sprays it will either come across as unbalanced or else it will have really nice dynamism. I don't think it will be too simple and boring.

Here is another take on it: Not bad at all, though I'm assuming you will get a bottle for around $5-$10 at a discount store. It's got a nice vanillic/pachouli/woody base. There is a somewhat musky lavender and mild spice before you get to the base, and that persists as well. It's not "synthetic" enough to be irritating, though the musky lavender may be too much for a lot of people. I need to be in the mood for it, and don't think of this as an "office scent." However, if you think of the base of Roadster and the middle notes of L'Instant Pour Homme EdT, then you will get an idea of McGraw. L'Instant is more gourmand/anisic whereas Roadster is herbal/minty, while McGraw is musky lavender/spice, so it's sort of like what you want on the side of your steak to me: baked potato, French fries, or onion rings? Granted, the French fries might be better than the onion rings, but there are times when you prefer onion rings. Longevity and is quite good while projection ("sillage") is moderate.

Dr Borgo
Dr Borgo

This fragrance is well suited for an older man. Very masculine. I detect mostly sweet leather and tobacco notes. Would be best for Winter evening wear. It smells nice and has good projection, but just make sure you are mature enough to pull this one off.

jtis30
jtis30

A weak and MUCH less sophisticated/complex version of Michael Kors. Mcgraw opens like coca cola but changes to a spicy woody. This cologne is an average fragrance but wants to compete in the same price range(fl.oz/$) with a cologne like Michael Kors?.... Pure Insanity!

RayFlash
RayFlash

No whiskey here, just a pack of Milk Duds with a slight cucumber smell to it.

Surprisingly, McGraw lasts and projects pretty decently.

Actually, it's not that bad, but not that good either.

PieRat
PieRat

To me this is a scent with balls like Micheal Kors. This and Southern Blend are both excellent fragrances for being a celebrity scent. This Is defintely a masculine scent through and through.

alexanna7
alexanna7

I definitely get the wiskey note and the nutmeg! That's the first thing that i've noticed,and the fact that it was a bit sweet.the tonka bean probably.and that it was well balanced and sexy.i imagine a man rather masculine wearing this,but with a twist.like the fragrance with the tonka bean.like it! Sexy!

Lillith
Lillith

I enjoyed trying this scent for myself. It worked well with my body chemistry producing a slightly sweet,but decidedly woody spicey scent. I didn't smell whiskey or anything of the sort in it, but I don't mind that. My nearest drugstore has it in 1oz amount for $24. I will deffinitly pick it and its counter part up for myself.

Stefan
Stefan

I agree, I can't smell whisky at all. But it is sweet, yet not as robust as the magazine add made it out to be. I'll still wear it though, but on special occasions.

knightz
knightz

McGraw opens very mossy, slightly sweet, and spiced with Nutmeg. Bergamot supports the opening. The Moss coming from the heart is joined by a very nice, refined Lavender note. The base adds sweetness with Tonka and light Patchouli.

As the scent progresses the Amber and Sandal become more prominent in the base and this is the only change throughout the life of the scent. Very linear, except for later in the dry down. There is supposed to be whiskey in the base notes, but I don't smell any alcoholic beverages in this. There are no sharp notes in it, it's smooth and medium sweet.

It's different, not generic. Projection and longevity are average. I like it.

McGraw by Tim McGraw 3.45 out of 5 based on 74 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tim McGraw McGraw fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tim McGraw McGraw, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify McGraw by Tim McGraw. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of McGraw by Tim McGraw represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.