Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Southern Blend Tim McGraw for men
dislike

whiskey
tobacco
Southern Blend Tim McGraw for men Pictures Southern Blend Tim McGraw for men Pictures Southern Blend Tim McGraw for men Pictures Southern Blend Tim McGraw for men Pictures

Coty Beauty and Tim McGraw present another fragrance arriving on the market in August 2009, named Southern Blend. Tim McGraw's wish was not to name this fragrance in French style (just like his first edition, Tim McGraw), but to make it an approachable, everyday fragrance, strong and charming.

Southern Blend incorporates essences of man from the South, who is masculine, charismatic, strong, but also sexy and tough in the same time. This composition includes grapefruit, star annis, bergamot, lavender, violet leaf, whiskey, vetiver, amber and tobacco. Perfumer of this edition is Richard Herpin of Firmenich.

The fragrance is available as 15, 30 and 50ml edt, in a flacon with the same form as Tim McGraw edition, in a dark brown outer carton. Advertising campaign was led by Michel Comte. You will be available to see Tim McGraw's photos from this session in September 2009 magazines.

Grapefruit Star Anise Bergamot

Lavender Violet Leaf Whiskey

Vetiver Amber Tobacco

Southern Blend Fragrance Reviews

frenchwhore237

Nevermind my last review. This smells great but doesn't last.

frenchwhore237

Seriously one of the best smelling colognes out there but I hammer on that freaking nozzle till im drippin and smellin like the opening dr pepper notes. This fades to a wood that will get you laid. No doubt.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

The blend of Whiskey an Tobacco makes it very special. If longevity was a bit better, I would say I loved this cologne. Now I can only say I like it so much. Definitely for nights and colder whether.

Spanglemaker
Spanglemaker

I blind bought this based on some good reviews. I suggest you give this one a try on your skin before you buy. I actually get more of a clean vodka vibe on my drydown. A wonderful fragrance for the price, but on my skin the longevity is quite poor (10 good sprays gave me about 2 hours) and I don't have dry skin. I'd find myself getting a nice (but short) waft of that sweet and boozy tobacco after the initial 2 hours, but it was really way too close to the skin and left me wanting more. Again, a very nice scent, but just did not do well on my skin as far as projection and longevity. I wish it meshed a bit better with my chemistry because I really enjoyed the initial blast.

ISmellLikeATeenager
ISmellLikeATeenager

I just needed something cheap to add to my order so that I'd qualify for free shipping, and I picked this because whiskey and tobacco sounded appealing. I wasn't expecting much, but I really like this!

The whiskey smell is great but is gone too quickly, leaving a very nice tobacco scent. The tobacco scent is a lot like Burberry London for Men, at 1/4 the price.

This is not a strong fragrance. It doesn't dominate a room, which can be a good thing. I could wear this to work without blasting people out of their cubicle.

I wish the whiskey note lasted longer, and I wish this was a little bit stronger, but I really like this. It's a nice scent at a very good price. I feel great wearing this.

**edit to add: I originally voted "Love", but I am changing to "Like". I still love the scent, but the lack of strength and stamina are pretty big shortcomings. **

redfive
redfive

WOW! Just sampled this at Kohls, not expecting much considering the price point. You know, you've heard it all before--it smells like whiskey, but that is just the alcohol--it smells like Tobacco, but instead has some clove-like molecule that simulates tobacco, ect. ect. Well, I can tell you this is not the case with TM's "Southern Blend"; Upon first spraying, close your eyes and smell your wrist--this IS the scent of whiskey! This does not last long, but it is almost niche-like for that short duration.
The scent then progresses to a sweet tobacco (good tobacco, not clove) melange mixed subtly with the citrus/lavender--very nice. In it's final stages you can still sense the tobacco, but this mixes with the remaining components (I can swear there is some saffron) to seemingly replicate delicate leather.
Unfortunately, this does not project or last long as far as EDTs go, because if it did it might be made by Creed and cost $150.
They need to come out with a larger bottle of this, it's a keeper. Masculine but sweet, and sexy as hell, this could be a signature scent for many.

guitarravolador
guitarravolador

smooth relaxing, masculine aroma that will please!

Whiskey jim
Whiskey jim

I jus bought this cologne the other day. Ive had the original Tim McGraw for a while and wear that ofetn, so I thout I'd give Southern Blend a try. It says it's supposed to smell a lot like whiskey and tobacco. When I smelled it from the bottle, I could definetly smell the tobacco. It smelt a lot like virginia tobacco with vanila mixed in. I couldn't smell the whiskey though. When I sprayed it on, I could definetly smell it. It smelled like someone threw Bushmills into my face. If you don't like the smell of whiskey, this will knock you on your butt. After it sits on you for a little, the fragrance becomes a lot less overpowering. The silliage is perfect for this scent, however, I feel like it could be a little stronger to last longer. It lasts for a while though. I personally really like this cologne and it may become my new everyday, but be warned, I don't think everyone can pull this scent off. Very unique and I am fortunate I can wear colognes like this well. It's all about chemistry, baby. For me, this cologne gets a 9/10

cybergoth
cybergoth

Southern blend

I LOVE THIS COLOGNE BUT ITS VERY WEAK I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALOT STRONGER THEN WHAT IT WAS IT LAST ABOUT 30MINS TO 2HR TOPS I ALSO WANT TO DO A

Tim McGraw silver

REVIEW ON TIM McGraw silver sence its not posted Mcgraw silver is a fragrance that captures tim's core: gallant yet sensual, clean cut yet rugged. A cool, modern scent, mcgraw silver embodies the artist’s ability to remain real while masterfully riding the demands of an urban setting. With top notes of watery aromatics and green leaves, the complex formula of this woody fougere includes mid notes of lavender and orange flower with a warm, seductive base of vetiver, musk, sandalwood and saffron

.... i think this is a very piss poor cologne very strong but last 30mins tops i hope tim mcgraw can find away to make a come back becuse the southern man that he is the colognes make him look very weak

daviddchapman
daviddchapman

I love tobacco scents and I came across SB by Tim Mcgraw and decided to give it a try blind because of all the rave reviews on Fragrantica and Basenotes. I also like sweet, whiskey or boozy type scents; so I figured the combination would be great. I was psyched really. The package came; I opened it; sprayed it on my skin; MAN, what a fantastic combination...I was stoked. I thought, this is great for only $12.00...I think I'll order a few more to have extra. All that happened in 10 minutes. 15 minutes later I smelled like the most synthetic, nasty sharp loud copy of a "cedar/tobacco" wannabe I've ever smelled. Where did the Jack Daniels go?! I smelled like that for the rest of the day. Not even a pleasingly wonderful cedar/tobacco note like you get from Jacques Bogart's Bogart. I had to spray some of the latter on my skin to cover up this mess. Not even worth $12.00!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I was in a Sears and, on a whim, sprayed some of this on a card. "I probably won't like it," thought I. But I immediately took to what I thought was a soft honey smell... not bad, not bad at all! I am agreeably surprised. I see the reviewers here identify the note for me: whiskey. Yes, that's what it is! Nice...

I normally avoid celebrity fragrances because I don't like the whole notion of celebrity-endorsed anything. The fastest way for me to want to avoid something is by seeing some vacuous star in the advertising. But I'm trying to judge scents wholly on what my nose tells me and not by packaging, advertising, history, cost or celebrity, so I think this stuff can stand on its own. Well done Richard Herpin of Firmenich!

Now I'll have to get around to trying it on myself and not just on a paper.

---------

Update: I sprayed some of this on my arm. Still smells nice! A bit pungent when just sprayed, but nice. A boozy distilled smell. My wife likes it, too. A winner! Hey, I may buy some of this...

---------

Bought a small bottle for next to nothing! I like this stuff - but I wish it lasted longer and radiated more...

jeremy9213
jeremy9213

I always find that spraying a little on my sleeves last so much longer than on my skin. Its a great winter time scent, but that could be I got mine in the winter time and that's what it reminds me of.
I used this most often while i was moving this summer and living out of a backpack while my stuff was in storage; the bottle is small and the scent is powerful, it was a great choice until i got all unpacked and found my usual bottles. Now I hardly ever find myself putting this on, but its a scent that I always enjoy catching when im sitting there in class. Certainly different from the rest and a cheap scent to use everyday (if you had nothing else).

wonderstrucksomeday
wonderstrucksomeday

Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE this! I was at Rite Aid, and I saw this. I smelled it and I was actually shocked at how amazingly good this smells! This is the kind of cologne I want my future boyfriend to smell like! It'spicy and kind of dark. But It smells so, so good. DEFINITELY reccommend it.

zackp
zackp

I have no idea what whiskey smells like, and tobbaco? Only in the slightest sense, so I have no idea if this is like pipe tobacco. I just know I never wore fragrance before I got this stuff and I vowed never to wear fragrance until this. I got into shaving and my Mom mentioned Tim McGraw made aftershaves she thought. Not a fan of him, I decided to look it up anyways and found no aftershave, but fragrance. Next time I was at Kohl's I tried out his fragrances and this stuff I just fell in love and bought a bottle soon after. It's sweet in a rough sort of way, very manly. I am 19 and do not like "cologny" fragrances. This smells great. It's somewhat similar to Ferrari Uomo, but without the leather (which makes it better to me). My Dad works in a shipyard and I remember an old jacket he had and for some reason this reminds me a little of it. So, it's manly. It is NOT what I'd call formal, it's just manly. Everyday and could be worn for whatever you'd like, it's just perfect. I find it works in all seasons myself, as it is not cloying or anything. In the summer it's heavier, but it's not a bad thing. Reminds me of down south. It's a fragrance of hard workers, of being outside. I think the smokiness/tobacco gives it that manliness, and probably why it reminds me of his old jacket, as it is like the smell of the smoke in the shops. So, if you want to smell like pure man without all the musk, get this. One of my favorites. How do the ladies like it? No idea hahaha!

chazb

up date on amazon right now for $12.75 1oz bottle. take a shot def. worth it.

chazb

I like it i think its a lil expensive for this genre but it is selling out at all the area retailers.

chicagovigilante
chicagovigilante

Southern Blend is a surprisingly good cologne. I'm usually not a fan of celebrity-themed colognes because many of them aren't well thought-out. This is an exception. The bottle looks very cheap. The leather-textured plastic top, gilded plastic cap, and paper-sticker label don't give a good first impression. But don't judge this cologne by the bottle.

The violet leaf and anise provide a nice herbal sweetness and the whiskey and tobacco form a strong earthy undertone. This is an unmistakenly masculine fragrance. I don't smell much citrus, even though it includes lemon and bergamot. The whiskey tones are well-done in that they don't smell boozy or obnoxious.

Overall, Southern Blend is a great value and a surprisingly charming cologne. 7.5/10

jmaiville
jmaiville

my girl cant stop sniffing me with this edt. just amazing really manly, def a standout in todays world of colognes.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Surprisingly good. Reminds me a bit of Gucci Pour Homme I.

Bobster
Bobster

I have to admit at first I was not fond of this but after acouple of wearings it grew on me. It's well blended and If I can think of a word to describe this it would be SMOOTH. Longevity is pretty good and sillage is average. Don't be afraid to try this you just might like it.

Tovah
Tovah

Caught a whiff of this by chance in a store and bought it for my husband on the spot. What a fun fragrance! Southern Blend is "retro" in that it's deliberately and brashly masculine. It's not a "men's version of..." scent, and it's definitely not intended to be unisex. The fragrance immediately reminded me of the "Do Bad Things With You" song used as the True Blood theme-song. When I saw the name "Southern Blend", I laughed at how well it matched exactly what I'd imagined. If you're a True Blood fan, Southern Blend is "Sam Merlotte" in a bottle. There's smooth whiskey, and sweet tobacco, hazy warmth, and little hints of mystery. It's a scent for a man who turns blue jeans into bait. Pure aphrodisiac.

Kharnak
Kharnak

This was a nice surprise for me... i Love this, and i want it. I sampled some at Walmart, snuck a few extra squirts on me on the way out. This is strong dry Tobacco, which i love. I described it as taking a bite out of a fresh cigar and chomping down on it... mm mm. it's dry, not too sweet.... Lasts a good long time. This is very masculine, no mistake.
However, i'd recomment the regular Tim McGraw for a gift, it's more sweet Tonka Bean Vanilla.

Couple things came to mind, Cuba red Paris, and Nasomatto "Black Afgano". If you put these on a spectrum, Southern Blend is Right in the middle on the order of Sweetness.
They're VERY similar in my mind, with Cuba Red, the sweetest. Black Afgano is a far dryer, mustier, earthy. Very similar.

shattered
shattered

I absolutely adore this for men. I find it super attractive and sexy :)

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on with a very outdoorsy kind of smell – hay plus fresh-cut grass; as it deepens, thyme enters the picture and it smells oddly enough like Stetson Black, but then it deepens further, ending up classy/established, yet with some of the outdoors mingled in. If you smell where you’ve sprayed it, the notes don’t cohere, but only when they lift off and drift around you do you get the effect. Occasionally the classy/established scent tacs back and forth to a strong cheap whisky vibe. This scent does seem to be one of contrasts -- outdoors/indoors, high-end/down-home. I think the words "Southern gentleman" fit this fairly well.

It is like a greener version of Polo Explorer, and as you might expect, longevity is a problem. In five hours, it has become a skin scent. I respect Tim McGraw as a musician and a person, but that didn't transfer automatically to any appreciation for his fragrances. This was a pleasant surprise, and if you like the outdoorsy/green sort of scents, this is worth sampling. Walgreens has a mini-EDT on sale just in time for Christmas.

One last thing -- the reviews that mention how it drives women crazy are not exaggerating; I have had my former gf confirm this as well. Use wisely.

anneymn
anneymn

This is kind of sweet, in a boozy way. Also a little smoky and sexy. I really notice the anise in it. I think the name 'southern blend' works for it, I could imagine tough country men smelling like this, or city men.. whoever likes it, it's not offensive.

+ it's affordable.

ergo42
ergo42

Ran out of cologne, night of 2nd date with new gf.

Find this in my roommate's cabinet, wore it with caution - little on the arms, little on the neck and I'll usually walk through a spray into the air.

Not a Tim McGraw fan, don't like country at all. In fact, new girlfriend asked me if I was a redneck on the phone before the first date, I said "Hell no!". Ironic, no?

Deep, deep scent here. Lots of notes. Very nice. Masculine.

Here's the kicker. Mid way through make-out, we pause and whatnot.. I catch a glimpse of her through the dark literally breathing in my scent like a wild animal. It was very peppery and warm. Spicy. I got so turned on by her getting turned on by my scent we practically turned into a couple of wild savages.

The bottle is officially stolen from my roommate. 3rd date tomorrow - going to be a good night.

I got to her house at 5:30, cologne held on strong until around midnight. Longest lasting I've run into in my (admittedly limited) experience with cologne.

ErnieK
ErnieK

I received this as a gift must say one of my favorite colognes. I did not like any of the other tim mcgraws at all but this one is amazing. I suggest to sample it!

mightymarshal
mightymarshal

I was hesitant to try this. For one, the original McGraw was good, but not enough spice for me. This one corrected that. Not over powering, but nice. For two, it's ANOTHER celeb fragrance. But I was impressed. Not my all time favorite, but a nice light musk/spice.

PieRat
PieRat

Love it! Also thank you eyeteach for mentioning Kors. I found a bottle at a local Kohls store marked half off. Wow I tried to get them to give me the tester as well.

Both this scent and the original McGraw are excellent. This one just has that extra little bite of spicyness (almost pepperish) to it that Beckham Intimately tried to accomplish but seriously failed to achieve.

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

From the moment I sprayed this cologne I was in utter bliss. I am love with this cologne. The smell is amazing....it makes me wanna do bad, bad things. lol!! Though I dont personally wear it (cause I am a woman), I do use it as perfume room spray. :-)

guest_Arianna
guest_Arianna

We really need it in a bigger bottle it smells really good

guest_ella713
guest_ella713

I really really liked this cologne and plan to buy it for myself as well as my boyfriend. I love the bergamot and whiskey smells. It's a very masculine cologne!

LaPD
LaPD

Went to the Pharmacy today, saw some Mcgraw Southern Blend. I thought what the heck, might as well.

This ain't half bad. The opening is nothing too orginal, but the dry down smells... well kinda dry and smokey. In a good way. They say there's tobacco. It does smell kinda like it but... reminds more of dried jasmine infused asian rice grains. ... I like that smell. I might grab a bottle :P

It smells pretty versatile. Dirty for warmer weather. Warm and smokey for colder weather.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Definitely getting this one for my boyfriend. Love at first smell for me! I even sprayed the tester all over my purse so I could keep smelling it thru out the week.

guest_Scent Lover
guest_Scent Lover

I had a chance to sample this the other day and have not been able to stop thinking about it!!! It is amazing! My all time favorite has always been Obsession (for men), but I must say that this will be a very close one. I am going to pick one up for my husband today. Can't wait until he puts this on!

Southern Blend by Tim McGraw 4.21 out of 5 based on 112 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tim McGraw Southern Blend fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tim McGraw Southern Blend, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Southern Blend by Tim McGraw. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Southern Blend by Tim McGraw represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.