Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Tita de Tita Rossi Tita Rossi for women
dislike

cinnamon
caramel

Tita de Tita Rossi is the first fragrance from the eponymous French fashion designer, launched by the company COFCO (Campaignie Francoise de Commerce Internationale) in Paris in 1987. The fragrance is an oriental mixture of citruses, cranberries, cinnamon, ylang-ylang, jasmine, caramel, vanilla, amber and musk. The fragrance is available as an EDP.

Citruses Cranberry

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Floral Notes Cinnamon

Musk Amber Vanilla Caramel

Tita de Tita Rossi Fragrance Reviews

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

This was a blind buy, based on the notes, and the beautiful bottle. I came across the Tita EDP online, $10 for a 3.3 ounce flacon. The flacon is pressed glass, very art deco, and the jus is lightly whisky colored. I don't know whether the discoloration is due to age or poor storage.

The opening notes appear to be compromised, as I am not detecting any cranberry or florals, but it may by my skin chemistry, rather than the scent. I do detect juniper (it'd be hard to miss!) which is not listed. However, given Serguey Borisov's recent column on the scent pyramid, listed notes may be marketing, rather than ingredients.

Tita starts off with a sharp, bitter scent reminiscent of bug spray. Fortunately, this mellows quickly, within seconds. Tita's heart opens with pure, bitter cinnamon, with an undercurrent of juniper, and a touch of lemon peel. Clove and vanilla enter slowly, a gradual upswell, and Tita expands a bit during this phase, enveloping me in a sweet scent cloud. However, when I raise my wrist to my nose, the skin scent remains dark and bitter.

I recommend restricting Tita to wrists for early trials, as I can see this scent becoming distressing if it were too close to one's nose. Also, I consider this scent to be unisex. The strong spice would fit a man quite well, and the subtle sweetness would emphasize masculinity in an interesting way.

After about 20 minutes I start to smell pie crust- buttery, fresh from the oven, rich, but not sweet. And yet the spicy sweet cloud remains. It's kind of fascinating, the two sides of this scent, interweaving as I type. The skin level scent remains almost medicinal.

Later: There is something about this scent that reminds me of the scent of a cat's belly, when she's curled up in the sun. Right before she attacks you for disturbing her sleep. Maybe it's the musk? I usually find musk to be quite soapy, but this is softly animalic, clean, and crisp.

Tita may sound like a gourmand, but the experience is more like wearing an oriental. She has claws, but isn't aggressive, nor is she particularly accommodating. I suspect that this scent may not cooperate with everyone's skin. I believe that this scent was actually launched in the 90's, but it is more reminiscent of the big 80's scents. It is a little demure, a little loud, and plenty opinionated. Tita seems to be the sort of scent that is more pleasant for those around you than for the wearer. And yet, she's quite the charmer.

After 3 hours, Tita remains quite strongly present, and the skin scent now matches the scent cloud- sweet, almost anise-like, a definite clove note, and subtle fleshy orange pulp. I quite like her, but I will spend some time getting to know her before wearing her in public. My initial thought is that while the intensity would be acceptable for work, the associations called up by this scent are more appropriate to evenings out, or evenings in. She's a little too contrary for day wear. And there is something distinctly vintage about Tita...I'm not sure what it is. A slight powdery sweetness like powdered sugar dusted over the top? I haven't quite figured it out yet.

From start to finish Tita sits closer to my skin than I had expected. It is intense, but seems to curl close, rather than expanding outwards. Think of a cat, winding between your legs, almost tripping you...that's Tita. She is definitely present, and I suspect would leave a sweetly addictive trail (tail?) waving behind you. Here's to the joy of a successful blind buy!

RochelleMarie
RochelleMarie

I love the name, I love the bottle, I love the scent. It becomes the sent of my skin, it becomes me. I am enchanted by it's sweet mystery. It is difficult to find and I never want to run out of it.

lisaivette
lisaivette

This fragrance was a little outside of my comfort zone. I wanted to try this based on the notes. I don't have anything to compare this to. It's a whole lot of Amber and spicy Cinnamon all at once, which is not bad at all. But then I got a hint of the caramel and vanilla in the dry down, and now I am hooked. I only got the mini because the price is a bit steep for me, but I most definitely want to get my hands on a full bottle. A very sexy scent.

Tita de Tita Rossi by Tita Rossi 4.21 out of 5 based on 16 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tita Rossi Tita de Tita Rossi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tita Rossi Tita de Tita Rossi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tita de Tita Rossi by Tita Rossi. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tita de Tita Rossi by Tita Rossi represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.