Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Cleopatra Tocca for women

Cleopatra Tocca for women
dislike

Cleopatra Tocca for women Pictures

Cleopatra by Tocca is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Cleopatra was launched in 2007. Top notes are black currant, grapefruit, cassis and green notes; middle notes are jasmine, tuberose and peach; base notes are amber, patchouli, musk and vanilla.

Black Currant Grapefruit Cassis Green Notes

Jasmine Tuberose Peach

Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla

Narciso Rodriguez For Her Iridescent
Lovely

Cleopatra Fragrance Reviews

It is an ok scent. But for me, nothing more..I had tried it a while back. And I am now trying a sample, it is rich, womanly, better suited for winter, I think it will appeal lovers of oriental musky scents..as for me, I have never been impressed by the Tocca line really..

nathalie87
nathalie87

This smells like something i have smelled before, it reminds me a little bit of j'adore.. Its defenitly lighter and fruitier then i thougt it would be.. Having read that it was an "old lady" perfume!

antihero
antihero

Cleopatra is stunning. I absolutely love this scent and where my skin usually does not respond well to grapefruit, there is not a problem here. The only issue is the short longevity, however this is so beautiful this may be a buy and reapply situation.

EDIT:
I now own Cleopatra and find myself really enjoying the blackcurrant /cassis in this. Yes, I do get the slightest scent of what is decribed as "cat urine", but to me it would best be described as a pleasing, intense greeness with slightly sour berries: and it works very well in this fragrance, I love it. The tuberose and jasmine are fleeting on me, yet this is compelling. I am happy with my purchase.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Ahemmmm....

If you want to smell like Cleopatra did, I would suggest something more along the lines of natural essences known to the ancient world. An inexpensive compromise - for high olafactory satisfaction! - would be White Full, by Al Rehab.

Now THAT'S a full throated ode to jasmine. I can imagine this amazingly fresh yet seductive scent wafting through the air around any ancient queen, as it does today around many a woman of wiles!

@jenniferlincoln
@jenniferlincoln

I've worn this since it came out and Tocca was like Nest today, mainly known for home fragrance. I've been a fan of Tocca forever because they understand what they are about, simple luxuries like having a beautiful classic perfume in a beautiful bottle, love yourself is on every box. I can always count on them to have unique fragrances that make you feel beautiful.

This fragrance has a European vintage quality to it that works in your everyday modern life. I do find it similar to SJP Lovely, Tocca was first BTW, but I don't mind owning both. I'll never stray from Florence and Cleopatra. Tocca fragrances last. Get ready to receive compliments and women asking you where they can get a bottle.

waternight
waternight

I adore Cleopatra. On me, she is a rich, earthy musk/patchouli/jasmine scent with hints of grapefruit and peach lightening it up just a bit. The blend of musk and jasmine is truly intoxicating. To me, this blend is very sensual, but not in dark, mysterious way, nor in a crude, brash way either...she is the woman who wears her sensuality openly, honestly, and joyfully - on her sleeve, integral and inseparable from the rest of her. I love wearing Cleopatra - she lasts a long time and catching whiffs throughout the day makes me smile. A favorite I reach for often.

mrskk
mrskk

Soft, fresh, clean, smell like fabric softener. I think the smell is very similar to Coach Love

hipchicagomom
hipchicagomom

I really, REALLY wanted to like this because it smelled wonderful when I put my nose up to the tester. But when I sprayed it on my arm, I got an alarming blast of grapefruit that I didn't like. After the top notes wore off all that was left on me was a not-so-pleasant aroma of what seemed like bandaids and other related medical supplies.

To me, it smells absolutely NOTHING like SJP's Lovely.

I'm jealous of those of you who can wear this well! I had my eye on it for so long, but it just wasn't meant to be. :(

alyssaprokup
alyssaprokup

This fragrance is yummy!! It opens with tart grapefruit, and you get a hint of greens in there. It reminds me of picking a fresh grapefruit off a tree. Shortly after it turns more floral with hints of patchouli. The dry down for me is mostly musk. I have this sprayed on both my wrist and elbow, and it smells slightly more fruity in my elbow. It's last a good amount of time, and sillage is also good. My boyfriend just walked in and could smell it from a few feet away.

I think this is going to be my scent for this summer. It has the summery, bright fruity and floral notes, along with patchouli, but it's not overwhelming by any means. I can see this being even better in the heat. Packaging is also GORGEOUS!

dpepe6990
dpepe6990

Tried a sample if this and fell instantly in love! I just dabbed on pulse points and that's it. I'm sure if I had the spray bottle, I would have to control spraying too much. Spraying too much will not be a good thing for this classy scent. To me, this scent does remind me of NR which I love too. SJP Lovely has more of an Egyptian Musk note which I also like but don't feel that's an accurate similarity to TC. On my second day of wearing this, my teenage daughter complimented this scent saying, that perfume smells really good on you mom, for real. She's aware if my perfume obsession and tells me honestly if something is good or bad on me. She's become very knowledgeable in perfumes. Once the sampler is finished, I may purchase full bottle.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Smelled great in the bottle but on paper it's not as good. There is validity in the comparison to Narcisco Rodriguez For Her.

The woodiness in this originally enchanted me. I thought this might be a woody, sophisticated scent for work. On paper it's really linear, musky and none of the other notes are coming to the fore. Maybe I'll retry on my skin.

galaxy86
galaxy86

A very classy perfume. The top notes smell delightful and dry down is luscious. Last quite long in warm weather and in summer especially. A lot like NR in drydown

ecerusen
ecerusen

smells light and delicious. top notes are amazing.
on me cassis, grapefruit, tuberose and amber are dominant to the other notes. perfect for spring and summertimes. and i think it can be wear as unisex i'm sure it will fit to man :)

Mirabele
Mirabele

I ordered a sample out of curiuosity without reading reviews first. i shouldn't. Indeed, this is very similar to Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Maybe just little more subtle in the opening. I dislike Lovely (and not a fan of NR line). I imagined Cleopatra to be warm and inviting, but this is a chilly scent for a summer day. Very green, musky and citrus. I smell separate notes, not a mixture. To me it is not oriental, but floral, citrus, black current, green and musky. The drydown is quite ok, but sadly, I don't get any amber nor vanilla. maybe there is too much patchouli to my nose to smell anything else.
I believe Cleopatra would be worth to try for those who like Lovely and NR line. While i have to admit, that it smells nice on my clothes on the next day, i can not bear it on my skin.

artemiss
artemiss

I bet this is lovely on people who can wear these sort of scents. It smells enchanting on the card. Sadly the green patchouli and musk notes turn into a cheap mens' aftershave on me. I have a friend who can pull off any musk known to man and smell dead sexy, while I've yet to meet one that gets along with my skin chemistry. I'm forwarding this one to her, in hopes she can appreciate it.

Contessa01
Contessa01

I quite like this fragrance. Personally I dont see the comparisons to NR for her. It reminds me a tiny bit of Elie Saab… well kind of like Elie Saab meets Hypnose I suppose. I don’t find myself wearing it often but it is unique and wearable. I don't find that one note stands out more than the others. In fact I look at the notes and I almost feel like they dont describe this correctly. I seem to smell orange blossom. I have received compliments on it.

deviation
deviation

This is a sophisticated smelling perfume but for me it smells exactly like SJP Lovely and I have outgrown Lovely ages back, so a tad bit boring. Other than that, I think out of all the Toccas, this smells the same way in every store I have been and is by far the safest and most likeable of all. Makes a great gift for any girl any day.

sjam3295
sjam3295

I've put off reviewing this perfume for some time, basically because I find it both intriguing and confusing.

In the first half hour I get a fruity floral which is quite fresh, but distinct from the thousands of other fruity florals I've smelt by the undernotes, which are what confuse me: sweet, dark, ambery, creamy and musky, but also woody and green. These "undernotes" take over in the dry-down for me.

This is what makes the scent interesting to me, but also confusing. It seems to have something of an identity crisis: I LIKE the smell, but I just can't decide if the notes actually blend, so to speak, or just mix.

Perhaps "intriguing and confusing" are appropriate values for a personality such as Cleopatra. She troubles me, but I can't lose her: she's got me hypnotized. I shall just have to resign myself to staying intrigued.

s_athena
s_athena

Another musky floral in the same vein as NR for Her and Chloe Love, but with a more citrusy opening and some patchouli to balance out the base so it's not all synthetic-musk-cloud. It's pretty, just very safe. Good for a spring or summer day when you don't want to have your scent stand out too much.

cockapoo9237
cockapoo9237

Its fruity but not too fruity. Its floral but not too floral. Its patchouli but not too much. It's unique but not too "out there". It's edgy and classy at the same time. Perfect for me.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I recently went out wiht my sister, and needed a lipstick refresh. While rumaging through her bag I found Cleopatra, which I'd sampled before. I forgot how much I love this! (and my sister does too). This is one awesome patchouli fragrance, very well done and classy. Lasts a long time, too. And at $68 a bottle, wow.

Inventress
Inventress

Tocca's Cleopatra Eau de Parfum smells just like skin with a cloud of blackcurrant bush hovering like thick fog. The smell is not unpleasant, but I find nothing special in this fragrance. It makes me neither happy, nor irritated, and it leaves me indifferent.

The blackcurrant bush accord does not meld into the skin, but seems to hover over it without finding anything to interact with. In terms of other notes - they hide behind the blackcurrant/cassis and, because they make a skin accord for me, I cannot separate them into any descriptor other than "warm". I think that the candle with this fragrance would be a lot more successful to my nose.

If you are not looking for an Oomph! scent, or are new to musky fragrances, Cleopatra may be a good introduction because it's gentle. However, other reviewers here described the scent as 'unclean', so try a sample before committing.

reblessing
reblessing

I've tried thrice to wear this long enough to gauge it properly, but each time it's too strong for me to bear. It opens up with a very strong, bitter grapefruit and patchouli scent. Not fresh. It slowly tones down to a milder patchouli and musk with green undertones. It does smell bad in my opinion, but I think this is a fragrance you either love or hate, and it might just be my body chemistry that makes this smell so rancid :(

noladesiree
noladesiree

This is the nastiest, most vile scent I have ever encountered. It smells like weeks old pommade from someone's dirty hair. Disgusting.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

It smells like The Cheesecake Factory. Isn't that crazy? I wear it to help me sleep sometimes.

christianne1
christianne1

The opening of Cleopatra smells like the love child of Narciso Rodriguez and Petite Cherie. The initial opening reminds me somewhat of NR meets big sis of Petite Cherie but it starts morphing into more of a musky scent pretty quickly, leaving most of the PC traces behind. It is like a sweeter, fruitier version of NR for her. It is by far my favorite fragrance by Tocca.

Very feminine, comforting yet slightly sensual fragrance. As others have stated, it isn't what normally comes to mind when you think of Cleopatra. It is probably lighter and sweeter than people are expecting. I have no idea what "Lovely" by SJP smells like but that is the perfect description of Cleopatra.....LOVELY. It truly is a lovely fragrance.

I love most of these notes, so why don’t I like this? It is has a cool freshness, a kick of citrus, and a greenish vibe to it, but it this reacts with my skin to remind me of air freshener or cleaning product. I resisted the urge to wash it off right away but it didn’t impress me any more as it developed. So disappointing. It just goes to show you cannot predict how something will smell by looking at the notes.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

My first fruity scent with vanilla! I usually opt for clean white florals or green scents with no vanilla. The only fruits I tried and liked in perfume were citrus fruit.
So this is ground braking for me and completely out of my comfort zone.

On me it starts quite green and bitter (grapefruit and casis) and it goes straight into peach and musk with a hint of patchouli (patchouli really well blended, very minimal). I don't smell jasmine or tuberose, which is a shame since I love those flowers.

This is a very interesting fragrance, it does remind me a little bit of NR for her, but it's a lot zestier and thirst-quenching. I usually don't like peach and gourmand scents but this one surprised me with how well balanced it is. Not sweet at all, slightly boozy and just right. I will be enjoying it this summer!

Ttirem3
Ttirem3

I have a sample of this and it's not a favorite. I truly love Tocca--I feel it has very very innovative scents, but this one is both too spicy and too musky...

flowerlvr711
flowerlvr711

I absolutely adore this fragrance!!! Well done, it actually goes on the shelf, next to my all time favorites, philosophy's Falling in Love and Amazing Grace!! I stumbled upon cleopatra by complete accident, although its pretty exspensive, i bought a little bottle for 18 bucks, well worth it, the fragrance says all day.... I wish the hand lotion and body lotion smelled the same as the perfume, but it smells very different, nothing like the actual perfume..I will def buy again, once i used it all :)

Libran
Libran

I tried this fragrance for the first time today. It is so similar to SJP Lovely. Absolutely hate it, so disappointed! hate SJP Lovely too! I expected heavy, sweet and sexy! Has put me off trying the others.

Cereza
Cereza

There is nothing oriental, nor floral in "Cleopatra" by Tocca. This is a straight forward fruity musk with cassis and peach being the dominant part of the perfume, there is also a slight hint of jasmine, but all in all this is all about fruity musk. Therefore I cannot imagine more inappropriate name for the fragrance as this does not resemble Cleopatra in any way, this resembles a youthful high school girl instead.

Even though this is not what one might hope for reading a name "Cleopatra" or knowing that this should be an "oriental floral", this is by any means a rather nice, though generic composition which is very unoffensive and would be a good blind buy for those who enjoy musky fragrances.

kirtylou
kirtylou

My favorite Tocca out of the three I have tried (got one of those rollerball sets from Sephora). This one is nice, musky, and sexy. I could totally see the Queen of the Nile wearing this scent.

*Edit: I have tried a few more Tocca frags, and this one still reigns supreme for me.

Aquarky63
Aquarky63

Love, love, love this one. All currants/cassis and jammy fruity up front then warms up with white flowers, spices, and some amber. I do get some cinnamon. Has intriguing briny or salty overtone that makes it different but authentically you. Lasts well and totally recommend this if you like white florals but want something with an edge.

antfarm
antfarm

This smells similar to a lot of other musky florals: NR Musk for Her EDT, SJP Lovely, Hypnose, Idylle, etc. However, this is my favorite of the category. It has a juicy, fruity quality that is intoxicating and makes me want to eat my arm. I can't get enough of this scent. Side note: I don't see any particular relevance to Cleopatra herself but then again, she was a bit before our time.

stacia79
stacia79

This is a light and lovely scent with surprising lasting power. The musk and grapefruit complement one another well. Cleopatra is one of those "fresh from the shower" scents to me...it smells less like a perfume and more like clean skin with a hint of soap. Pretty, feminine, unobtrusive. And of course the Tocca bottles are all beautiful. It does remind me of NR for Her.

vanilla-lovers
vanilla-lovers

i've tried Narcisso Rodriguez for her EDP and Guerlain idylle, i like them both but i always feel something doesn't right.. then i ordered mini size of tocca cleopatra, wondering if i made a wrong choice, because it was a blind buy and Cleopatra is musky, i dont think i fit musky fragrance.

But when i got it, it's definately LOVE!

for me, it's a perfect tea (because i got lots of jasmine and lemon, reminds me to lemon tea), not really sweet, not sour, fresh for cold night.. and musk notes is just right, fit for my body chemistry.

the only sadness is the price.

Not my favourite Tocca, , too much of an oriental vibe for me, mostly lots of patchouli, I find it a bit heavy. But for lovers of floral/ orientals it is an option. It is similar to Jimmy Choo
In my views, a bit linear.

Njensen1
Njensen1

I'm going to have to agree with Fizzy here, as this perfume opens with a soapy note that only slightly resembles a white musk. As it dries down, two minutes in, I get another slightly-not-quite-what-it's-supposed-to-be scent of citrus. I also detect incense. This perfume, to me, is Okay, but somewhat linear. I smelled it in-store and it seemed very heavy and with potential for quite a bit of depth..sadly, I was mistaken. However, it is an easy-to-wear fragrance, but again...Nothing special.

Fizzy
Fizzy

This is a wonderful daily scent, with soapy fruity opening. The dry down is close to Lovely by SJP. If you find SJP Lovely to sharp or strong, this would be a nice, sweet and light alternative with the same character. We have a soap called Cleopatra here, I have to check, if it smells similar, it this case it would be a good combination for the summer.

Thank you smellME for your sample!

TillyWave
TillyWave

This is the only Tocca I like. "Cleopatra" is a nice name for a perfume, and I was expecting something more exotic, maybe smoke and incense, with rich desert flowers and mineral notes. But mostly it's sweet grapefruit infused musk, it smells really great, and as it wears on me I smell primarily the blackcurrant and peach. The base is a simple musk, vanilla, and fruit hangover. Wears as a skin scent, lasts perhaps 4-6 hours. A good perfume, especially on top, but again, does not justify the price tag, and it is disappointing that this perfume is not more dreamy and exotic.

Muneca
Muneca

So thought I would love this - it's got all my kind of scents - but after only an hour I smelled like a damp, musky basement. Bummer.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

This is not the heavy musk, no no. in fact its very light musk with sort of white floral, a fresh scent way far from classical musky-oriental heavy staff. a keeper.
light and safe.

smellME
smellME

Just like Boggi ( first review ) thought , this is definately not the way I think Cleopatra smelled.
This is very much a white flower scent and , light but I dont agree on it smelling like Lovely by SJP. My fist impression and thought was that it smell a bit like Sungs Jewel. Before reading the notes, I smelled lilac, the light purple ones from early June or perhaps hyacint. But reading the notes I get why I don't find it extraordinary....tuberose put, not my favorite.
This is anyhow a very beautiful and truly floral scent and I am happy for my little sample that I will enjoy as long as it lasts ....
thanks sundaymorning !

Violettera
Violettera

It is like Narciso Rodriguez EDP (in the pink bottle) but it is softer, more rounded and dense. It's the good girl with the nice and unoffencive behaviour who is the sister of an animalic monster. That is why Cleopatra lacks all the elements that made For Her a great perfume. Cleopatra doesn't have originality, sensuality, depth. Good for the office maybe, and yet nobody will ask you what you are wearing. Poor lasting power too.

Eos
Eos

This opens with green notes and grapefruit. The freshness from the grapefruit persists throughout the wear time while the white floral heart appears briefly and then quickly fades into the musk and patchouli dry down.

I don't smell any of the following notes: peach, amber or vanilla. On my skin, this is not a sweet scent at all, nor is it fruity aside from the citrus aspect.

The musk in this is not overtly animalic but also not exactly the dryer sheet type either. The patchouli is more green and peppery as opposed to earthy.

Overall it's a very pleasant citrus patchouli musk.

swiftbanderilla
swiftbanderilla

This scent is gorgeous. It has a complexity, but still with dry down, it is soft and far from offensive. When I wear it and people get close, the reaction is "my God you smell good" or recently "I want to nuzzle you!"

pureblonde
pureblonde

This has been my latest love and I am head over heels for it. I could not even bring myself to wear anything else and now my bottle has finished, I'm devastated. I am desperately trying to get out the last few drops as I await my next bottle to arrive.
This is such a unique and exquisite fragrance - nothing like I have worn before. I understand the similarity to NR for Her (EDP) but for me, this was only limited to on the paper. Once I had this on my skin, all connections were lost.
On initial spray this opens with a bright burst of grapefruit. I'm not usually one for this type of thing but have to say, I love it here. The grapefruit quickly loses its initial twang but absolutely stays prominent for the majority of the fragrance life with the other major players being patchouli, musk and vanilla. All of the notes blend perfectly together and I believe its the freshness of the grapefruit with the warmer notes that makes this so intoxicating and unique.
The overall feeling I get from this scent is sweet, warm, inviting and super sexy. I don't even feel like I'm wearing perfume with this, it feels so natural.
Longevity and sillage is also amazing with this one and I am always complimented on it, even wearing it every day!
This is absolutely signature worthy and just perfect for all seasons and occasions. A true winner - highly recommend!

Tayloreliza32
Tayloreliza32

I don't think anyone could describe the passion I have for this ingenues fragrance. It's absolutely nothing that I have ever smelled before. I've never been loyal to a perfume before. I'm the type of gal to spray a different perfume everyday. But ever since I found this, its become my signature scent.
Honestly it was fate that brought me to this perfume.
First off, I would have bought the perfume just for the name itself since i'm a HUGE Cleopatra enthusiast. I never expected to become obsessed.
Now the smell!!
....There is no words. All I can say is that you have to smell it for yourself and see if you can try to come up with a poetic review/description of this fragrance that will be up to standard with the scent itself.
I pretty much dare you.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

I adore this perfume!!! I get many compliments when I wear it at work and that just adds to my love of this. I can't describe specific flowers etc. in perfumes but I like these ones!!! I find it to be a very exotic and also comforting smell. Owning this one and having such a good experience makes me want to go to my local Sephora and smell them all again!
Someone else descibed this as evoking thoughts of medieval castles and such....I completely agree! Even though the perfume is called Cleopatra!!!

aqua76239
aqua76239

To the people who think it resembles Lovely and NR, it does. I can't remember too well NR because I smelled it while back but it appears to be almost exact copy of Lovely-rather unique chypre floral that is fresh and elegant(its described as floral oriental and the notes would confirm it however it doesn't smell floral oriental to my nose, sorry) My nose is usually finely tuned for tuberose but I can't smell it here at all. Not sure why its called Cleopatra because I always pictured Cleopatra wearing some sort of heavy oriental scent and this is as far from that as you can get. It is a lovely scent and lasting power it very good-one small spray on my hand lasted at least four hours. I am thinking about getting a small bottle or decant...

Pari88
Pari88

I definetely prefer this over NR for Her. Cleopatra is much better because it is able to evoke certain emotions inside of me, good ones, and I absolutely love any perfume that can do that. I don't know why, but something about this perfume is very "Harry Potter". Large Grand castles, wooden tables and walls, dusty libraries, secrets behind every door, hidden chambers. A very "old money" feeling; a person who has many secrets and also known many secrets.

Much more feminine then NR for Her and less bitter then SJP Lovely, so yes, I choose you Tocca!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This scent goes down in my memory as one of the biggest show stoppers (and the bottle on my shelf quickest to run out). It is just so amazing, feminine, gorgeous and unique. I could never put my finger on what the uniqueness was, but have now conluded it was a mixture of patchouli, tuberose, musk and vanilla at play. The sillage and longevity was excellent, I felt like I was leaving a mystical trail of wonder - and the compliments I got - were through the roof. I guess I love patchouli in perfumes and evidently many others do too.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Just swapped this home .
I feel in love. I could try to describe it as the same "urgent need to cuddle with myself and it ain´t wierd"- feeling that Midnight Poison gaved me years ago.
As they all say, similar to Rodriguez but a tad more fruity.
The lasting power is from another world.
This frag just stole my heart from my whole love-list.

Let´s see how long this will last, hopefully forever.

Update!
OH my GOD i love you soooo much!!!!

LanaD
LanaD

This is one of my favorite. Even my boyfriend love it. Bottle is pretty, but too heavy, so I had to get a roll-on.

amandajorobinson
amandajorobinson

I have been searching for a new signature scent that doesn't reflect the modern day perfume in which everyone and their mother owns. The search has stopped. Sexy, unique and feminine that stays with you all day. Cleopatra is a magnificent treasure.

dontcallmyname
dontcallmyname

It's a marvellous thing, I'm sure it suits me perfectly and very soon Cleopatra will be mine! It's no matter absolutely for me that the name has nothing to do with ancient Egypt, still it is a tender, beautiful and complicated creation, which has everything I like in a perfume. A perfume with intrigue.

somnambulista
somnambulista

I've been looking for a new signature perfume. I miss having one scent that feels like it's a part of me.
I read the description on this and thought it was a strong contender; grapefruit, black currant, patchouli, and amber. I loved it in the bottle.
As I mentioned in other reviews, my body chemistry completely disassembles most perfumes and this was no different.
No hint of the top notes at all on me, which was a huge disappointment. The floral heart took over immediately. 3 hours later, it's musky vanilla.
It's got decent staying power and is a mature and elegant scent...but not mine.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

To be perfectly honest, I had no idea what I was smelling when I first sprayed this on. This is strange because I normally can tell fruity, citrussy, herbal, spicy or floral. But I was totally stumped with this one. I had to run to fragrantica to figure out what it is that I was smelling. I think I like it. I guess I am going to have to wait on making a final decision on this one.

fobia
fobia

It has a sophisticated and classic smell to me... I could see myself wearing it to a nice event. Some of the reviews here say that it smells like old lady. Well.. the scent kind of reminds me of the perfumes my rich aunt would wear. It always seemed so classy and elegant to me. Not unpleasant or loud. I think that that makes me like Cleopatra a bit more.

yunvme
yunvme

First frangrance in a long time that I washed off to get rid of the terrible scent of incense and old lady ....blech.

Domirae
Domirae

my signature scent, period. I thought it would be too mature, it can be worn anytime day or night and i luv how it lingers in all my clothes.

athena.panagakos
athena.panagakos

To my nose, this smells like a lighter version of Lovely by SJP. I actually prefer this to Lovely. It feels more fresh and youthful.

casually cruel
casually cruel

Sexy while still being classy. Very nice.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

I was a little disapointed with the others as they smelt quite similar to the next. However, Cleopatra truly stands out. It's true that it smells like an Old World version of Narciso Rodiguez.
Unlike the others, Cleopratra is a scent that seems to have its own story- spray it on, close your eyes and bask in the exhilerating ambience.

It's a scent that reminds you of hiding yourself among a ton of books in an old library, or walking around a flea market to unearth hidden treasures.

This smells almost identical to the highly concentrated roller-ball version of Narcisso Rodriguez For Her. I love it. It's elegant, sexy, mysterious, deep, and sensual. I smell the peach, but it's not a candy peach. It's more of a boozy liqueur. This perfume does seem somewhat mature. I don't like to put perfume into age categories, but I have a hard time imagining a very young lady liking this.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Smelled this on a paper in the store, and thought it was absolutely gorgeous. Bought it a few weeks later, and I must say I am dissapointed. Think it smells almost like some sort of synthetic medicine. Maybe it's just my body chemistry, but I diffinetely don't like it (sadly, because the bottle is so adorable and vintage-looking.)

orchid_84
orchid_84

As many others have said, Cleopatra does smell much like Narciso Rodriguez For Her and Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. It's sort of a lemony-floral musk. Personally I prefer the nuances in Lovely, so this one just seems a bit flatter in comparison. OK, but no reason to purchase it.

rockrose
rockrose

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a bottle of Cleopatra, and WOW! Upon first spritz I did get the NR note, but then it morphed into a mix of NR and Jean Patou 1000. It has been more than 8 hours, and I am still getting whiffs of this beautiful concoction, probably from my hair and clothing. Love it, love it, love it! Worth every penny. Highly recommended! Lovely bottle, too.

This is IMO very strong and old-ladyish. I would find this one very disturbing and unpleasant around me. It has a soapy note but also something very nauseating strong and unpleasant in it.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Every time I wear this scent my husband makes a comment as to how good I smell and when he gets close he inhales deeply. The similarities to Narciso Rodriguez's for her are undeniable. However, even thought these two are similar they are also different. Cleopatra is fruitier and soapier, sweeter and less musky than NR. One can call this one the summer version of NR. The bottle is stunning,very heavy glass and the cap has got the cutest design of birds which is rather retro, but I quite like it. This scent is sexy, feminine and chic. I think is more wearable than NR on a daily basis. Overall very good and I would recommend it! It has good staying power on my skin!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Love this one, lasts long time. The drydown in my opinion is vanilla woodsy at times it settles in to smell fresh citrusy green. Up to 4+ hours later, I still smell it essentially everywhere I sprayed as there is no need for reapplication. I am in favor, I would definately add the scent to my wardrobe!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Very fresh and would be perfect for summer. Lemon is definitely there and so is vanilla to give it a sweet touch. My nose also picks out cuccumber in the opening. As the top notes fade away, the perfume becomes less citrusy and more "peachy". I can't pick out the floral notes. The tuberose must be really subtle because this is one note I can usually detect from miles away.

n4nette
n4nette

A girl that I know used to wear that and I was SO in love with it. It was the first time that I could tell from kilometers where she was standing although nobody else seemed to notice how great and unique(for me) her perfume was. I couldn't find it in Greece (where I'm from) or in Barcelona (where I am currently doing my erasmus) and she was not friendly enough to tell me where she finds it. I read in the reviews that it is similar to NR so I went and got a sample. I didn't expect them to be so similar! I haven't seen this girl since summer and when I tried the NR it was like she was standing in front of me. Unfortunately I am planning a long trip and have no money for the NR so the next step is to test Lovely by SJP I guess. . .
I also wanted to say that the first time I smelled Cleopatra on her I though it was some unique clothes conditioner, maybe because she had sprayed it hours ago.

JubliantUvula
JubliantUvula

This starts as a big floral fragrance, then a creepy fruit, and then the fruit rots.
Like a romance.
A man brings you a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
Then you go to the market with your new husband and buy fruit together.
The fruit sits out and rots.
Then a big sweaty man/husband brings out the garbage after it has been sitting there for days.
Ends up smelling like a mix of Armani Code and Cigarettes.

carolyn922
carolyn922

I was walking out of Macy's (in Chicago) and a woman came running out after and grabbed my arm (at first I thought I was being accused of something very wrong). All she said was "I need to know the name of the scent you are wearing and I will let you go", I thought she was nuts so I told her. This is a perfect reaction to this scent. NR does come close but does NOT last of me and I do like it on others. SJP is also one of my faves, but Cleopatra is a classic smell. This is one of my top 5 perfumes. PS: I don't want to smell like a dead mummy.

Migotka
Migotka

I had recently an opportunity to sample this one, and today I made a second attempt at Cleopatra. Cleopatra- where is she in this fragrance?

Cleopatra smelled very familiar to me, and now when I looked at Boggi review I know why- it is a new incarnation of Narciso Rodriquez for Her. As a matter of fact, I think this fragrance could pass for its twin sister.

Cleopatra, despite being quite a lovely fragrance, is a tad disappointing. First of all, there does not seem to be much exotocism in it. It's quite sweet, flowery, a bit powdery. There is definitely peach and tuberose, and sensuous jasmine. And then a powdery, musky-vanilla base. There are bits of it that I really like.

Although I hoped for it to be a nice day fragrance, Cleopatra might be a nicer choice for the evening, it is a bit too hmhm... how to say... not aggressive, but it seems to be everywhere once you spray it on your wrist. Beautiful, but not subtle enough.

katyas
katyas

*sighs happily* This is a GORGEOUS fragrance - I'm not getting any berries (which I'm quite happy about), nor citrus - what I'm getting is lovely, heavy white florals with some patchouli. Oh, it's wonderful! WONDERFUL!!! I have a mini right now, but this is definitely one that will be added to my "stock up on this one" pile. So many lovely perfumes, so few years left in my life ...

Manya
Manya

I love the tart berry opening, the sweet, warm heart and oriental drydown. However, it's not something I would wear, being oversensitive to patchouli...

It is probably the patchouli note which reminded me of Guerlain's "Idylle".
However, Cleopatra is sweeter and much less linear than Idylle.
It's more intriguing and mystical, definitely feminine. It is a fragrance for women with a secret.

If you're looking for an interesting take on a patchouli floral, look no further! Give this beauty a try, and I'm sure you'll love it.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

"Cleopatra" generates a tantalizing, olfactory sensation--something more than just a pleasant registering of scent; it's sweet, tart but also velvety in its powderiness. It has a rich, almost soupc`an quality to it, where it feels like tart berries rolled in dry oil before being powdered over with fine talc. It's almost too much, until a hesperidic burst of grapefruit saves it from becoming fusty or overly dry and gives it a shimmering quality that keeps the creamy tuberose and jasmine from becoming too heady or sweaty/fleshy, the end result reading in the nose as berries, peaches and cream, white flowers steeped in milk, a rub-down with golden oils (allowing for a sensual kind of skin "ripeness")before a heavy powdering of the body. Very pretty, but not evoking Cleopatra; yes, Cleopatra (of Greek origin) would've utilized similar oils and creams, but the oils would've been laced with the essence of an astringent plant like Spikenard and the powder would've had more sandal and spice in it. Without the addition of these things and with the powdery sensuality allowing for a "lived-in", worn feeling reminiscent of a white floral like "Chanel No.22", "Cleopatra" reads more like "Ripe, powdery Ancien Regime" than "Legendary Greek/Egyptian seductress" and would've been more suited to the title "Marie Antoinette".

I think that part of the reason why people find Tocca CLEOPATRA so very un-Cleopatran is that we have been inundated with sweet patchouli scents since ANGEL, which makes them seem rather ordinary, pedestrian, run of the mill, yes, repetitive, while we think of Cleopatra as having been exceptional in every way.

In fact, CLEOPATRA is a very appealing fragrance, which opens as a fruity floral, with grapefruit moderating the sweetness of the currant and peach. The evolution to the drydown ensues swiftly, and within minutes CLEOPATRA is a slightly dark, mildly sweet patchouli with a real depth and appeal--provided that one likes patchouli!

To my nose, CLEOPATRA is a kinder, gentler descendant of ANGEL. All of the hysterical opening has been replaced with an inviting, friendly, well-mannered introduction, and the gourmand notes which make ANGEL seem so over the top even in the mid-stage are altogether absent from CLEOPATRA.

The drydown, too, is less intense, but with a shade of darkness. I like this a lot, and I love black licorice, which Cleopatra apparently ate in abundance. Therefore, Cleopatra might well have liked CLEOPATRA. QED.

panda0410
panda0410

Definitely smelling NR here... its very, very close actually, even closer a dupe than SJP Lovely. It bears the same resemblance to SJP Lovely as well of course, just a lot more muskier.

Its actually rather difficult to discern Cleopatra from NR For Her in all honesty on me at least, and my friends **cannot** tell which is which on my skin. Very few of the notes are identical, but they do bear the same semblance - tuberose & peach in Cleopatra give the same heady sweet floral that the osmanthus gives in For Her.

I'd say if you were looking for something like this, or NR is out of your price bracket then this is perfect; Cleopatra is damn near the same & a little cheaper ;)

guest_AuntT
guest_AuntT

I smelled this in a shop in Honolulu while on vacation and went back the very next day to buy both the perfume and the solid! I really love it! My family says I smell 'grown-up' instead of the flowery scents I usually use.
I love patchouli, especially in the Karma scent from LUSH, but this is much lighter and easier to wear.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

When I received a sample of this thanks to a generous Fragrantica member, I was elated and expecting much. I was interested in historical women since my childhood, and studied Cleopatra as early as middle school.

For instance, I happen to know that Cleopatra did use fragrances, and her signature scent contained Alexandrian sage. She believed that this smell was sexy and since it was rarely used by women, wearing it made her unique. Sage is a bold choice in perfume (Ma Griffe comes to mind), and I am absolutely sure that some strong musk and honey would be present in Cleopatra's perfume as well.

I can see her smelling very unique, unforgettable, balanced, yet essentially unsafe. Let's face it, this woman was not famous for her safe choices.

When I put on my sample, I first smelled a little playful lemon and then it developed into strawberries (I see what the notes are, but it smelled more like strawberries to me and on me). Then beautiful floral heart of jasmine appeared, a very safe jasmine too, if you know what I mean. Not the cloud of jasmine that can knock you off your feet if you're not careful like in Alien. A very safe and should I say tame jasmine. Honestly, I have never smelled tuberose. But I do know what Fracas smells like, and this was present here as well. I found the heart of this perfume very pleasant, very safe, and having nothing to do with what I think about Cleopatra.

When this perfume developed into a very safe warm lightly vanillowy base, I started to think about how do I normally perceive perfume.

I won't pretend that I am not swayed by advertisement. I went and bought sample sets united by some concepts that are interesting to me. Tell me a story that comes along with perfume, and I am likely to fall for it like a hungry kid would fall for a Happy meal. I love bottles. I love memories. If a perfume reminds me of something in my life, chances are I'm getting it and loving it. I am intrigued by perfumes mentioned in literature.

Samples are different. When you have a sample vial with an unobtrusive title printed, pasted, or typed on plain glass, you can concentrate more on the smell itself. And my discovery was that I like this perfume just fine, everything about its opening, middle, and finish. I would advertise it as a part of the Comforts series. A gorgeous bourgeois boudoir. As a two week all-included tour to France. As a warm sweet after dinner drink. And I would fall for this perfume advertised like this, and I would love it.

And you know what? When I looked at the bottle I thought it would fit this concept just as well.

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

This is definitely a scent that you're either going to love or are going to hate. It starts out light with top notes of citrus and black currant, fades into the middle notes of jasmine, tuberose, and peach. All these rest on a base of patchouli, vanilla, amber, and musk. For me, the patchouli was most prominent, but I happen to love patchouli, so it wasn't a problem. This perfume definitely gets stronger with age, and you really only need ONE spritz. Maybe even then, that's too much. When I wear it, I spritz the scent into the air, and then walk into it quickly, and I find that that diminishes the strength and I don't gag people when I walk by. The packaging is adorable as well. I keep all my perfume boxes, and this one I display. It's decorated with birds, and the bottle top is heavy, with a classy brass finish, and decorative flowers and birds. I am in love with this scent, but again, I think it's either a love or hate kind of perfume.

LAMANDA255
LAMANDA255

At first i couldn't get enough of this perfume and my wrist was literally glued to my nose!...then i guess my taste started changing because one day it was just to sweet for me...don't get me wrong it's wonderful...light and sweet, like innocence in a bottle but i hardly ever use mine any more.

guest_v
guest_v

Whenever I wear this perfum people literally hold on to me to smell me. Men seem to find it irresistible and women also can't help but linger for a sniff! I myself find it warm and sensual. I don't like florals and vanillas can be too sickly sweet but in this there's not too much vanilla and the florals are light enough for me. Maybe it's the freshness of the grapefruit that balances out the other layers.

cloyd42
cloyd42

This is a surprisingly complex perfume. Even knowing what the notes are it's hard to pick any one of them out. The blend is sophisticated and old fashioned the same way a 1950 Dior suit is old fashioned--it takes you to a time when being sophisticated and 30 was something to aspire to. The name does not make much sense--Venice or Bette Davis captures the vibe better.

guest_HD
guest_HD

I've tried the Tocca Cleopatra and found it to be very nice and long lasting. I still had the sell on my wrist the next day so I'm not sure if why most reviews are that the smell does not last. I'm actually considering switching to this perfume.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Where is the cinnamon? The amber, lily, sandalwood.... honey, spices?? Where's Egypt? Or the passion of Rome?

What were they thinking?

This is not Cleopatra, or anything Egyptian/eastern at all. It's very European. They really should have engaged the spices or even white florals and made this scent one to discuss and notice. I really don't know what they were thinking?! Even their scent Bridgette seems more appropriate for Cleopatra, which makes me think, do they really think a former model is more interesting, or provocative, than one of the most famous rulers in history? Is this scent really befitting one of the most enduring female symbols of power?

I've smelt it, I can see the resemblance to NR (but not really..NR has more of a rose like scent), I more so see how faint the scent ends up being, and unmemorable it was.

Even if you do like it, between the price, faintness of the scent, and BEYOND lackluster concept, it might be worth while to consider other similar fragrances.

snobuni77
snobuni77

I third that notion...I agree that Cleopatra wouldn't have smelled this way.
It is a nice Fragrance but it is too basic for Mrs.Cleopatra to have worn.

This perfume didn't last that long on me.It lasted for about 3 hours & when it faded it faded fast.Up until then I enjoyed wearing it at least.I do not feel that it is very unique though as I have smelled perfumes that are very similar & I haven't smelled NR or Lovely yet so that means it smells even MORE common that I had originally thought

lilinah
lilinah

I confess i haven't smelled this, so i can't comment in its scent. But Cleopatra definitely wouldn't have smelled like it. Vanilla is from a New World orchid and unknown in the Old World (Europe and Africa and Asia) until the 16th century or later, and wasn't grown commercially until the 19th century. And grapefruit is a comparatively new citrus fruit - in her day all that Cleopatra *might* have known would have been citron and lemon. And fruits were not a part of ancient perfumery.

You're right about spices - cinnamon would probably have been included - and costus, cyperus, and saffron. From my reading of really old scent recipes, i suspect most modern women would not want to wear them.

Still, i'm a real sucker for the oriental olfactory group, so i should at least give this a try.

Boggi
Boggi

I don't know what to say about this other than it is very close to Narciso Rodriguez and Lovely by Jessica Parker.
Its a nice one, but I cant imagine Cleopatra smelling like this. I picture her with a much spicy odour.
But I like this one, and the bottle and box looks just adorable!

Cleopatra by Tocca 3.90 out of 5 based on 425 ratings and 93 user reviews

Beauty.com
72.00
TOCCA Eau de Parfum, Cleopatra, 1.7 fl oz
TOCCA Eau de Parfum, Cleopatra, 1.7 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tocca Cleopatra fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tocca Cleopatra, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cleopatra by Tocca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cleopatra by Tocca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.